PDA

View Full Version : Osgood wants playing time at reciever?

San Diego Chicken
03-11-2008, 05:43 PM
"I'm not happy," Osgood said. "Another year of special teams is going to kick my (rear end). "There is no reason to come to the (offseason coaching sessions) and run routes all day and run my body down and not be a receiver.''

The two-time Pro Bowler says he will not attend the Chargers' offseason workouts that begin next month, an act of protest and preservation.

I don't like his prima donna attitude about it. He has had opportunities in the past to crack the recieving rotation. If he's really unhappy, I say let him seek a trade, if someone out there really wants him to play WR then we'll see. Otherwise he should stay and be happy that he's getting an NFL paycheck.

BaLLiN
03-11-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't like his prima donna attitude about it. He has had opportunities in the past to crack the recieving rotation. If he's really unhappy, I say let him seek a trade, if someone out there really wants him to play WR then we'll see. Otherwise he should stay and be happy that he's getting an NFL paycheck.

if he wants a starting position then either tell him to be strictly a special teamer, or trade him. 4th WR is probably the most likely for him, with Jackson, Chambers, and Davis being better players and Davis (if not a better player) was still a first rounder and should be given a chance before Osgood.

defensiveback23
03-11-2008, 05:59 PM
I understand what he's saying about OCS's but he has never capitalized on his opportunities as a receiver. There was some excitement about him in his 2nd/3rd years as a possible starter but he never stood out and showed inconsistent hands. He is like the 7th best WR on the team behind Jackson, Chambers, Davis, Naanee, Parker and Floyd. This is not the first time he has whined about little playing time. Before the Chargers (surprisingly) re-signed him he cried about not seeing action on offense.

Thunder&Lightning
03-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Hes a pro bowler every year for special teams. What is he complaining about? Free trip to Hawaii to play special teams? Hes been given chances its his own fault that he has not capitalized. So what he needs to do is go to all the off season stuff prove to the coaches he can play WR and earn his position instead on whining about it. No one likes a drama queen so instead of bitchin get to work!