PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins draft thread

draftguru151
02-25-2007, 06:18 PM
One positive of the switch is we get a team forum instead of a thread.

So discuss anything about the draft here.

Memorex
02-26-2007, 09:43 AM
The first thing I have to say, is the phins better not draft Ginn, like profootballtalk has them doing.

draftguru151
02-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Gaines Adams had a good day. Jarvis Moss did too. None of the other DEs showed out. Moss is an option in round 1. I'm still waiting on the DBs tomorrow, Chris Houston could move his way up to #9.

BehrenMan007
02-26-2007, 03:22 PM
how bout charles johnson?

draftguru151
02-26-2007, 04:09 PM
He is more of a base DE and wouldn't fit anyway, but he ran a 4.8.

Gaines Adams had a 1.57 10 yard dash, which was better than all but 2 DEs from last year (Lawson, AndersoN0), and faster than Mario Williams by .03. 4.64 40 yard dash. I really doubt he falls to us know. :(

miamichamp_305
02-26-2007, 04:20 PM
I like Moss, kid ran fast and looks like a good OLB in our 3-4. Damn you Gaines, why did you have to have such a good day? Now for sure we won't get him. I was hoping Spencer would have a good day, he ran a 4.73 I think, but besides that, he was ok. If he could've helped his cause some more I wouldn't have minded trading down and landing him.

Marino13
02-26-2007, 04:45 PM
The first thing I have to say, is the phins better not draft Ginn, like profootballtalk has them doing.

I agree. If we were to draft a WR, I'd rather it be Meachum.

I'll agree with Guru as well, I think Houston could end up being our number 1 pick.

draftguru151
02-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm leaning toward 1. Houston 2. Spencer/Moses 3.???

Maybe QB with 3, OT or OG as well. WR is an option too. I can't wait until we get through FA so the needs go down some.

Grizzlegom
02-26-2007, 06:56 PM
im honestly stumped right now on our first round pick. Levi disappointed me and ran bad (he will run much better at our pro day but scouts will attribute that to our fast track), gaines and branch improved their stock so they are likely to be gone. i dont think either of the QBs will be there.

all i have to say is that a couple of CBs better blow everyone away tomorrow so we can have someone to draft.

draftguru151
02-26-2007, 07:39 PM
I got Gaines Adams, Sidney Rice and Josh Wilson with our first three picks. Pretty much the plan I had going in was getting those three. If only I didn't get raped in FA. :/

Ace
02-26-2007, 07:55 PM
I got Gaines Adams, Sidney Rice and Josh Wilson with our first three picks. Pretty much the plan I had going in was getting those three. If only I didn't get raped in FA. :/

You need to see if we can trade up and get Drew Stanton or atleast another QB.

draftguru151
02-26-2007, 08:12 PM
The Vikings just took a WR so I think they don't want Booker anymore. I'm hoping the Bucs are still interested. If not Trent Edwards in the 4th should be an option.

Memorex
02-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Kiper has us taking Quinn, anyone actually think this is going to happen???

I would like to give C-Pep another try, and I think this would destroy his confidence, but if he would fall to us, and Pep doesn't pan out, we could really regret not taking him.

I agree with the Drew Stanton thing though, I would really like to spend a 3rd on him.

draftguru151
02-26-2007, 09:50 PM
It depends on how Cameron feels about Culpepper and Lemon. I don't think it is a realistic option.

etk
02-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Hypothetically speaking: CJ & Joe Thomas both get drafted before the Bucs. Do you guys think it is realistic/smart to trade up to #4 and take the Bucs' spot, possibly for Russell, Quinn or both?

draftguru151
02-26-2007, 10:32 PM
There is no way we would trade up for a QB, we might not take one if they are there.

draftguru151
02-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Houston ran a 4.32. Hall ran a 4.39. Top two CBs, both looking like top 20 guys if not higher. Wouldn't shock me if either landed in Miami.

Finsfan79
02-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Hypothetically speaking: CJ & Joe Thomas both get drafted before the Bucs. Do you guys think it is realistic/smart to trade up to #4 and take the Bucs' spot, possibly for Russell, Quinn or both?

no way I would want to trade up for a QB, if one fell it would have to be considered with the lack of consistent QB play. But, no way would I trade up for one. I would only trade up for CJ in this draft.

I was wrong about hall and the speed and I will bite the bullet on that one. Landry and Houston are intriquing as well. Plus there is moss (I think Adams will be long gone by the time we pick). Okoye and Branch needs to be considered if they feel they can be a 3-4 DE (even though I still question both at the role and think they are better 4-3 players still we do hybrid sometimes).

Overall the combine has been good for us showing us more talent out there in this draft.

My still concerns over a DB in the 1st round is there is alot of DB talent in this draft. Just like WR, I feel both could be had in the 2nd round (like you did in your mock offseason). There were can pick up the needs filled position. I would rather try to swipe something like a Dlineman or even OLB if Adams somehow fell to us (better to pray for rain in the middle of a desert then that right now though).

My biggest hope is that Minnesota reaches for Meacham at 7, both QBs are off the board before us. Perhaps someway for Adams to perhaps fall if Washington falls in love with Anderson or something.

draftguru151
02-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Okoye is like Warren Sapp and really has no place in a 3-4.

I really wish we would have taken Cromartie last year and then we could take Landry this year, *sigh*. Landry is such a better player than Allen. I really want to have Allen go to CB now and get Landry to play FS. We'll have to wait and see though. DB does have good value later on at CB so I'd like to wait on CB if there is value at another position at #9.

Best case scenario is both QBs go top 8, Peterson, Thomas, CJ all do as well. Then Branch, Landry and maybe Okoye or a WR slip up there too and some way Adams falls to us.

Quick test mock
1. Oakland- Russell
2. Lions- Thomas
3. Browns- AD
4. Bucs- CJ
5. Cards- Landry
6. Washington- Branch
7. Minny- Meachem
8. Houston- Quinn

That would be very wishful thinking, but I could see it happening. Hall/Houston seems much more realistic though. I really wouldn't mind DB round 1, then OLB in round 2 because DE/OLB is very deep this year.

Finsfan79
02-28-2007, 10:21 AM
I would love to have Landry, the guy is just absolutely dominating in a great division, has the talent to be a monster as well. Maybe they will think Allen is a CB like Joe Rose and Jimmy keep saying. We can hope I guess. Then again if AD somehow slips to us that would be nice too for the value of the trade there will be great for us. Someone would definitely want to trade up to get him then.

But yeah it is wishful thinking for us to get adams without a trade up (which I would not wish to do unless we are getting CJ somehow)

Grizzlegom
03-02-2007, 06:48 PM
i absolutely hate Todd McShay but he supposedly has knowledge of the draft and i was watching ESPN earlier and he gave us a little 3 round mock.

1. Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
2. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
3. Kevin Kolb, QB, Houston

i like the staley pick but i think kolb is a reach there and im not totally sold on anderson as a top 15 pick, nonetheless a top 10.

draftguru151
03-02-2007, 07:21 PM
I really dislike McShay are rarely agree with anything that comes out of his mouth.

Finsfan79
03-02-2007, 10:52 PM
i absolutely hate Todd McShay but he supposedly has knowledge of the draft and i was watching ESPN earlier and he gave us a little 3 round mock.

1. Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
2. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
3. Kevin Kolb, QB, Houston

i like the staley pick but i think kolb is a reach there and im not totally sold on anderson as a top 15 pick, nonetheless a top 10.

I think anderson is a top 5 if not top 10 at most but I dont think he fits us well honestly.

staley is fine with me but I rather get edwards then kolb (yuck)

LonghornsLegend
03-09-2007, 03:33 AM
I really wish we would have taken Cromartie last year and then we could take Landry this year, *sigh*. Landry is such a better player than Allen. I really want to have Allen go to CB now and get Landry to play FS. We'll have to wait and see though.

I was just going to ask someone here about him...whats the story with allen? i remember alot of people raving about him comingg out just the injury bug, but i heard he didnt really do what was expected of him...is he going into this year as a starter, or backup, or basically a bust ?

and yea that does suck you missed out on cromartie, him and landry in the same secondary would be sick with miami's front seven

draftguru151
03-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Jury is still out on Allen. He was supposed to be the starting safety last year but because he held out he fell behind and really didn't get a chance to have a big impact. He saw the field but didn't do much. Had some good plays and some bad ones.

Finsfan79
03-09-2007, 12:13 PM
This is getting very interesting for what miami will do in the draft because of what is going on in FA.

For example with the signing of Traylor back and the belief in evans that has been talked about makes it seem like we will not be looking for a NT (coupled with the lack of truly great NT's in the draft).

With the resigning of Holliday and the stated Roth starting that makes the DE position less of a need (branch/okoye/carriker, etc etc)

Porter coupled with JT makes it so any OLB drafted will not be starting for a few years at least, except in a backup role.

Now with the rumors of perhaps getting stallworth would make it so that we would see less of a need there.

It may very well come down to LT, OG, QB, CB/S (depending on their belief of what position is best to use J allen at).

Of course we need to factor in the fact that BPA should over-ride need in most cases anyways.

I would not be surprised honestly anymore if Landry would become the first pick of the dolphins. For a while back (months actually) I was deadset against such a move because the idea of taking 2 safeties back to back (my consideration the least fuctional position on the defense) is like drafting a kicker in the first two rounds.

With 3 picks in the 1st 60 we should be able to address Oline, secondary, QB all on day one.

Really I think the needs of this team are in flux very much right now it will be interesting to see within a month(s) time (for the draft) where we will end up.

Landry
Kalil
Staley
Edwards

for a possible 1st day draft?

draftguru151
03-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Staley won't last to our second second rounder, and he might not last to our first pick.

Finsfan79
03-09-2007, 04:54 PM
His pro day was that good?

Daunte's Inferno
03-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Landry in the 1st followed by Kalil in the 2nd is what I'm crossing my fingers for..

draftguru151
03-10-2007, 06:06 AM
Staley's stock has been higher than our pick since the season ended. He's always been a late 1/early 2 guy.

Xiomera
03-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Who do you guys want at #9? CB or DL?

miamichamp_305
03-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Who do you guys want at #9? CB or DL?
We really aren't in a need for d-linemen, with Roth and Holliday at DEs and Traylor and Evans at DT. I would much rather see us take a CB like Hall, Houston or Revis and if Allen decides to move to CB then Landry would be the pick. I could also definetly see a trade down. I'll tell you this, the Dolphin's pick will be one of the hardest to predict.

draftguru151
03-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Unless it's Gaines Adams we don't need DL. CB is a bit of a reach but it is an area of need.

Daunte's Inferno
03-10-2007, 05:58 PM
You have to go BPA and that is simply Landry.

Xiomera
03-10-2007, 06:34 PM
So what is the deal with Allen? Is he a CB or is he a safety? Be objective in your response . . . don't decide based on whether or not you want Landry or Hall/Houston, therefore making Allen the opposite . . . the team's decision on which position he plays best will determine whether they go CB or S.

I see Allen as more of a safety personally, and I think that Leon Hall is the way to go. Landry could very well be gone at 9 though, making the choice easier . . .

thefalconer
03-10-2007, 10:08 PM
what are the chances you guys take okoye?

dont take landry!!!

Ace
03-10-2007, 11:09 PM
what are the chances you guys take okoye?

dont take landry!!!

Don't see it happening since we brought back both Holliday and Traylor. DT is a postion that I think we will address in the middle rounds of the draft.

Same goes with Safety. We already got Bell, Hill and Allen there. It would be a waste to draft one with our 1st pick.

draftguru151
03-11-2007, 10:27 AM
So what is the deal with Allen? Is he a CB or is he a safety? Be objective in your response . . . don't decide based on whether or not you want Landry or Hall/Houston, therefore making Allen the opposite . . . the team's decision on which position he plays best will determine whether they go CB or S.

I see Allen as more of a safety personally, and I think that Leon Hall is the way to go. Landry could very well be gone at 9 though, making the choice easier . . .

Allen is a safety right now. There is only speculation about him going to CB.

binary
03-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Are you guys thinking about Carriker at all at #9?

draftguru151
03-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I don't think so. It wouldn't make any sense with Matt Roth on the team.

chilly53
03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Ideal draft would obviously be to trade out of the number 9 spot, but with what the PHINS have right now this is what I am hoping for:

1st: Landry
2nd A: Blalock
2nd B: Stanton
3rd: Aundrae Allison

Any comments???

BehrenMan007
03-12-2007, 06:53 PM
maybe a cb in rd 1. other than that, its good

WesSpice
03-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Now that they have traded Welker, I don't know how you cannot draft Ginn at number 9. They willingly traded basically the only qualified returner on the team and the number one wideout. We got two WR's in last year's draft, but neither of them have gotten much playing time. If Culpepper is going to be as good as he was in 2003, and we all hope he will be, we're going to need a super fast receiver to stretch the field. Culpepper has major arm strength and for him to be effective that has to be utilized. No one currently on the roster can do that.

As for the second round, as was really hoping for Mason Crosby. But with the signing of Feely it doesn't look like that is going to happen. It looks like that's going to be the best OG available. We cut BOTH starting guards from last year and have yet to sign someone to fill either spot. There are three Guards that are graded with a low 1/high 2 grade and at least one should still be there at our pick. In my opinion, that will most likely be Grubbs.

With our pick from NE in the second round, that could go just about anywhere, but I'm pretty sure that it will NOT go to a QB. We've invested too much in Culpepper. If he's healthy he's the guy, no question. Plus it looks like Cameron really likes Cleo Lemon. We originally acquired him from SD in the A.J. Feely trade, and Cameron seemed to be pretty fond of him there.

Daunte's Inferno
03-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Now that they have traded Welker, I don't know how you cannot draft Ginn at number 9. They willingly traded basically the only qualified returner on the team and the number one wideout. We got two WR's in last year's draft, but neither of them have gotten much playing time. If Culpepper is going to be as good as he was in 2003, and we all hope he will be, we're going to need a super fast receiver to stretch the field. Culpepper has major arm strength and for him to be effective that has to be utilized. No one currently on the roster can do that.

As for the second round, as was really hoping for Mason Crosby. But with the signing of Feely it doesn't look like that is going to happen. It looks like that's going to be the best OG available. We cut BOTH starting guards from last year and have yet to sign someone to fill either spot. There are three Guards that are graded with a low 1/high 2 grade and at least one should still be there at our pick. In my opinion, that will most likely be Grubbs.

With our pick from NE in the second round, that could go just about anywhere, but I'm pretty sure that it will NOT go to a QB. We've invested too much in Culpepper. If he's healthy he's the guy, no question. Plus it looks like Cameron really likes Cleo Lemon. We originally acquired him from SD in the A.J. Feely trade, and Cameron seemed to be pretty fond of him there.

Thank god your not our GM haha.. I think Ginn at 9 and Crosby at 40 would be one of the worst drafts we can have.

Although I like Ginn, it's way too early for him and we can get better value

draftguru151
03-14-2007, 04:27 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/03/14/a1c_fins_0314.html

The Dolphins do not think highly of former Penn State left tackle Levi Brown, who is thought to be the second-best available left tackle. They are, however, impressed with Joe Staley, the Central Michigan product who is thought to be a late first-round or early second-round selection.

I really hope that is true. I wouldn't mind us trading up into the late first to grab Staley. Toonster also mentioned trading back to 16 with GB, than trading back again and picking up Staley. I would love for that to happen but it doesn't seem very likely. I really hope the Brown part is true though. I don't want him anywhere near a Dolphins jersey.

miamichamp_305
03-14-2007, 05:56 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/03/14/a1c_fins_0314.html

I really hope that is true. I wouldn't mind us trading up into the late first to grab Staley. Toonster also mentioned trading back to 16 with GB, than trading back again and picking up Staley. I would love for that to happen but it doesn't seem very likely. I really hope the Brown part is true though. I don't want him anywhere near a Dolphins jersey.
I was thinking something similar. I saw this a couple of hours ago and I thought, maybe trade down to the Packers at 16 so they can draft Lynch while also picking up their 2nd. Then use their 2nd or ours and trade back into the late 1st round and that way we can pick up a CB or a WR with the 16th pick and then Staley with the late 1st round pick.

Daunte's Inferno
03-14-2007, 06:09 PM

That kind of makes me uneasy as there is a good chance it's a smokescreen.. I'd say it's more of a smokescreen than true at the moment..

GO LANDRY

Finsfan79
03-15-2007, 10:31 AM
I have been saying trade back for GB for a while. It would give the value of a 2nd rounder for us.

As for Carriker I dont like the pick at all, a top 10 pick needs to be an impact player with good potential and one that can start from day 1. Drafting Carriker is drafting a backup to start out (Roth and Holliday start at DE in the 3-4 system).

I do like Scotts picks in the 2nd and 3rd as Oline for houck to work with and a QB prospect to build up. :)

AS for Landry I like him, I wish Phillips was in this draft but since he is not Landry is by far the best DB in the draft.

draftguru151
03-15-2007, 12:09 PM
I like both 2nd rounders but I don't like the 1 or 3. Harris is terrible. Carriker makes no sense to me.

Athrun340
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
laron landry in first and sidney rice in 2nd plz..

I'mAHustler
03-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Carriker makes absolutely NO sense...

Grizzlegom
03-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Carriker makes absolutely NO sense...

im pretty sure thats a consensus among us. i love carriker and all but with vonnie and roth, plus rod wright would be a DE in the 3-4, carriker just doesnt make sense to me either.

as for the second round, beautiful. i dont see drew stanton still being on the board with that pick but if he is, id pull the trigger in a second. sears is a good pick and could probably step right into one of the guard spots and be a starter.

as for harris, we all know he isnt a hudson houck kind of offensive lineman so, although i still like the kid, he doesnt really fit here.

Shiver
03-17-2007, 01:32 AM
Wouldn't the Fins' target Offense? After all, that's Cameron's forte, and the team's biggest weakness.

draftguru151
03-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Value isn't really there for offense. I like the Branch pick a lot more than the Carriker pick. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it's 100 times better than Carriker.

Grizzlegom
03-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Wouldn't the Fins' target Offense? After all, that's Cameron's forte, and the team's biggest weakness.

i completely agree that we should go offense but unless someone falls (quinn, russell, thomas, or CJ), which wont happen, there wont be any offensive players available unless we reach or unless one of the receivers coughjarrettcough runs much better than expected and moves himself back into the top ten.

I'mAHustler
03-17-2007, 10:38 AM
We don't take Carriker, but Branch instead? http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/pat.gif

draftguru151
03-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Branch is way better than Carriker for our pick IMO. Carriker is like Roth who is young, Branch is an actually DT and our guys are old inside.

BamaFalcon59
03-17-2007, 02:57 PM
If Jamaal Anderson fell to you would you take him? From the Carriker criticism I doubt it.

draftguru151
03-18-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm bored so here is a new mock. Trade #9 to Buffalo for #12 and a 3rd.

1- Leon Hall CB Michigan
2a- Justin Blalock OG Texas
2b- Sidney Rice WR OSU
3a- Trent Edwards QB Stanford
3b- HB Blades LB Pittsburgh

Severe Punishment
03-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Hypothetical, Adrian Peterson somehow falls all the way down to Miami...and Landry/Okoye/ Branch are all off the board....now I know you guys need O-Line help but with basically "only" Ronnie Brown to run the ball....A: Does AD get picked ? B: would he fit your O system ? or C: is this a "must trade down" scenario?

draftguru151
03-21-2007, 04:56 PM
There is no chance we would take him. We can sign a back up or get one later in the draft, we wouldn't take one at #9. I don't see him getting past Atlanta know though. If he did fall I could see a trade with Buffalo or GB though. Nice sig quote btw, nowhere near the worst though.

Severe Punishment
03-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Just from that guy or in general ?
And is it just me or is Adrian Peterson really the hardest guy to place in the 1st round...there's soooo many things that could happen as far as trades go...and I'm thinking G.B. and Buffalo are chomping at the bit in hopes that he falls. (even if they don't get him the further he falls the more likely Marshawn would be there for either team)

draftguru151
03-21-2007, 08:21 PM
He really is hard to spot him. He can go as high as 3 or as low as 13 with a few spots in between as well as trade possibilities. I'm probably going to have him either in Atlanta or in Houston.

I'mAHustler
03-23-2007, 07:26 AM
We wouldn't draft him. Unless Ronnie got hurt, he really wouldn't have much use.

chilly53
03-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Ok so the Ideal mock would be to trade back to Green Bay if Adrian Peterson is still on the board with the 9th pick, however pending this here is what I would like to see out of this years draft:

1. Laron Landry (BPA - not an urgent need but will definately help the secondary)

2A. Tony Ugoh (Potential at a high need position)

2B. Drew Stanton

3. Aundrae Allison

4. Matt Spaeth (I am from Minnesota and if it weren't for his injury this year he would be much higher on draft boards, Could definately be a Channing Crowder type pick)

Miami Kush
04-11-2007, 04:24 PM
I really hope that the dolphins don't take Hall with the 9th pick. I think he is going to be about as good as Allen was last year. As for Allen I hope they move him to CB so we might take Meriweather in the 2nd since I doubt they'll take a Saftey in round 1. Also I hope that Miami really looks at Laurent Robinson out of Illinois St. in the 4th or 6th round depending if he falls to the 6th. I knew him in high school and this kid is a hardworker and loves the game. He showed all the tools to be a good WR at the combine with good size and speed. I know that Miami has already interviewed him last week but I would really like to see him in a Miami jersey.

keylime_5
04-11-2007, 04:50 PM
You know how you can figure out who everyone in the top 10 wants the last 2 weeks before the draft (e.g. Sims to Detroit, Huff to Oakland, etc. last year)? Take it from me, Ginn to Miami at #9 (yeah, yeah, i sound like a broke record). I the only pick in the top 11 I missed last year was Donte Whitner (great suprise though for a Buckeye fan like myself though)

1-Russell
2-Thomas
3-Peterson
4-Johnson
5-Adams
6-Okoye
7-Quinn
8-Landry
9-Ginn Jr.
10-Brown

unless Oakland wants Cj, then that's a wrong mocktop10

draftguru151
04-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Um, congrats?

Joeyjr09
04-11-2007, 07:16 PM
You know how you can figure out who everyone in the top 10 wants the last 2 weeks before the draft (e.g. Sims to Detroit, Huff to Oakland, etc. last year)? Take it from me, Ginn to Miami at #9 (yeah, yeah, i sound like a broke record). I the only pick in the top 11 I missed last year was Donte Whitner (great suprise though for a Buckeye fan like myself though)

1-Russell
2-Thomas
3-Peterson
4-Johnson
5-Adams
6-Okoye
7-Quinn
8-Landry
9-Ginn Jr.
10-Brown

unless Oakland wants Cj, then that's a wrong mocktop10

By all reports, The Lions really want Gaines Adams more then anyone else. The Vikes are content with Travaris Jackson as their future and are using Quinn as a smoke screen. Your not taking trades into accout. CJ could easily go number 1 overall. Not sure how you think you can figure out the top 10 in the draft 2 weeks before. 1st of all the draft is 3 weeks away and on top of that. What happen when the Raiders pull a Mario Williams and skip on both CJ and Russell the way Houston skipped on both Reggie and VY last year. No one saw that coming until the day before the draft when it was anounced. By all accounts the Dolphins like Brady Quinn and Joe Staley alot more then they like Ted Ginn and those two could both go at 9 ahead of Ginn.

Finsfan79
04-12-2007, 07:53 AM
1-Oak - Johnson
2- Arizona (det) - Thomas
3- Cle -Russell
4- Tampa - Okoye
5- Detriot (Arizona) - Adams
6- Redskins – Anderson/Branch
7- Minn -Landry
8- Atl - Peterson
9- Mia - Quinn
10- Hou - Brown

Something like that is possible to happen

We know that Atlanta likes Peterson.
We know that Tampa loves Okoye
We know that Raiders owner loves Johnson
We know that Detriot wants Adams
We know that Arizona wants a good OT, so does Houston
Redskins need dline help, could be a canidate to trade back (with us perhaps).
Minnesota is the wildcard, I doubt they blow another pick on a QB and state the kid they just drafted with a 2nd was a mistake.

If Quinn is gone, I would trade back to around 16-20 and snag staley there. Get another 2nd or 3rd+ and get our left tackle of the future.

If we couldnt trade back and were stuck at number 9 there are alot of players I would take before Ginn jr, including even Meachem, Okoye, Branch, Anderson, Brown and even perhaps Staley in a reach.

keylime_5
04-12-2007, 10:50 AM
I know Detroit really likes Adams, but no way is he higher on their draft board. They love Thomas and he is probably #1 on their board. I haven't heard one person say they love Adams "way more than anybody else"

Joeyjr09
04-12-2007, 11:14 AM
I know Detroit really likes Adams, but no way is he higher on their draft board. They love Thomas and he is probably #1 on their board. I haven't heard one person say they love Adams "way more than anybody else"

Then you haven't done enough reseach. CJ in number on everyone draft boards. Adams is very high (top 3 or 4) on the Lions. Since they already traded for a OT, have enough WRs, and arnt interested in a QB, DE becomes the need. It's called doctoring a draft board to fit your needs, happens all the time in the NFL. That's the reason Russell is considered for number 1 overall, CJ is the best player on the board but according to need, QB is most important so they doctored their draft board. Everything I've read over the past 2 weeks is about how much the Lions love Gaines Adams.

Finsfan79
04-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Then you haven't done enough reseach. CJ in number on everyone draft boards. Adams is very high (top 3 or 4) on the Lions. Since they already traded for a OT, have enough WRs, and arnt interested in a QB, DE becomes the need. It's called doctoring a draft board to fit your needs, happens all the time in the NFL. That's the reason Russell is considered for number 1 overall, CJ is the best player on the board but according to need, QB is most important so they doctored their draft board. Everything I've read over the past 2 weeks is about how much the Lions love Gaines Adams.

Yep, traded for a LT, and have alot of cash locked up in a solid Right Tackle. They want a big time playmaker on their defense. Adams fits that perfectly as he is easily the best defensive player in the draft for the NFL currently and Okoye is the most upside defensive player in the draft (perhaps overall). Hey Joey does he remind you alot of Tim Bowens also? Everytime I look at game tape of him, he reminds me soo much of Tim in his rookie year (roy that year :) ).

Ronnie Brown
04-12-2007, 01:28 PM
This is how I have my top 10 playing out as of right now..

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (f/DET) - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
4. Detroit Lions (f/TB) - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
6. Miami Dolphins (f/WAS) - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
7. Minnesota Vikings - Laron Landry S LSU
8. Atlanta Falcons (f/HOU) - Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
9. Washington Redskins (f/MIA) - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
10. Houston Texans (f/ATL) - Levi Brown OT Penn State

We give up our third to make sure the Vikings don't nab Quinn from us.

Joeyjr09
04-12-2007, 01:36 PM
This is how I have my top 10 playing out as of right now..

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (f/DET) - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
4. Detroit Lions (f/TB) - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
6. Miami Dolphins (f/WAS) - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
7. Minnesota Vikings - Laron Landry S LSU
8. Atlanta Falcons (f/HOU) - Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
9. Washington Redskins (f/MIA) - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
10. Houston Texans (f/ATL) - Levi Brown OT Penn State

We give up our third to make sure the Vikings don't nab Quinn from us.

I didn't waste time looking up the trade value chart but I'm pretty sure we'd need to give up more. That scenario looks solid though as most teams seem to be taking players they are targeting.

finsfan, Okoye is too small for my taste. Bowens was a big run stuff, He clogged the middle with his size while Okoye seems to me like he has to muscle his way and use much more effort then Bowens had too. I think Okoye is gonna sturggle more then some people think.

Grizzlegom
04-15-2007, 11:25 AM
so it looks like we have fallen in love with kolb and we could take him in the second round over edwards and stanton (assuming quinn doesnt fall to us).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/specials/draft/2007/04/13/pauline/index.html

draftguru151
04-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Yea, I talked to Toonster about that. It was coming from Pauline so I wouldn't consider it the absolute truth. I'd be very disappointed if we do take him at 40 though.

Ravens1991
04-27-2007, 09:57 PM
What about Adam Carricker for u guys?

Finsfan79
04-27-2007, 10:05 PM
What about Adam Carricker for u guys?

NO

We dont need a DE, if we did Okoye has a higher upside then him.

Ravens1991
04-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Say the top 8 goes like this, who would you take?

1.Oakland Raiders: Jamarcus Russell
2.Detroit Lions: Gaines Adams
3.Cleveland Browns: Brady Quinn
4.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Calvin Johnson
5.Arizona Cardinals: Joe Thomas
6.Washington Redskins: Jamaal Anderson
7.Minnesota Vikings: Laron Landry
8.Atlanta Falcons: Levi Brown

Finsfan79
04-28-2007, 01:20 AM
Say the top 8 goes like this, who would you take?

1.Oakland Raiders: Jamarcus Russell
2.Detroit Lions: Gaines Adams
3.Cleveland Browns: Brady Quinn
4.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Calvin Johnson
5.Arizona Cardinals: Joe Thomas
6.Washington Redskins: Jamaal Anderson
7.Minnesota Vikings: Laron Landry
8.Atlanta Falcons: Levi Brown

trade down with peterson still there, GB, Giants, etc one of them would happily jump
up

Not to even mention the teams after Willis that want him badly behind the 49ers whom might want to jump him. Etc etc .

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Yea, I definitely think either the Bills or San Fransisco would trade up at that point.

Also, not too sure about this but apparently Joe Thomas is an option for the Browns, meaning Quinn may still fall to us at 9. I'm praying.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Yea, I definitely think either the Bills or San Fransisco would trade up at that point.

Also, not too sure about this but apparently Joe Thomas is an option for the Browns, meaning Quinn may still fall to us at 9. I'm praying.

Yea, I keep getting the feeling that Brady to the Browns is more media driven because he's very popular and from that area. I keep hearing from the media how they should take Quinn but that they also like Peterson, Russell and now even Thomas when Russell and Peterson became less likely options. Maybe I'm just praying for a miracle but I can't help but get the feeling that they aren't as high on Brady as most lead you to believe.

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 08:20 AM
I actually heard they might like Quinn more than Russell but there is so much crap floating around right now so who knows.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 09:13 AM
I actually heard they might like Quinn more than Russell but there is so much crap floating around right now so who knows.

Yea this is definately the craziest I remember the top 10 being in a really long time. There's literally 5 or 6 different directions that teams 4-10 can go in and it's usually not that way at all.

I mean look at the Browns at number 3. Nobody would be surprised if they got Russell, Quinn, Peterson or Thomas. Last year at number 3 the Titans were between Young and Leinhart.

I'mAHustler
04-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Scott's mock for the Dolphins made me vomit in my mouth http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Yea but the reporting from the early part of the draft are making me happy. The Browns are reportly discussing a trade up for Russell which would let the Raiders take Quinn at number 3. I seriously doubt that trade happens but at least it confirms my believe that the Browns aren't as high on Quinn as most think. Mort also just brought more speculation that the Browns could take Joe Thomas and pass on Quinn. I think that could be an ideal situation. We could move up to number 5 and only give up our 2nd from the Welker trade and the Cards move down to get Levi Brown who they like. Win-win for both teams.

On a side note. Doesn't it just kill you that so much of what we do is depending on what direction the Browns do with their pick?

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 10:34 AM
At least we should know what will happen early. Oh man the anticipation is killing me.

miamichamp_305
04-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Looks like Quinn might just fall to us.

ESPN.com's Michael Smith says that the Browns are likely to draft Joe Thomas.
Smith believes that Brady Quinn is going to fall to the ninth pick at Miami. Minnesota looks to be committed to Tarvaris Jackson. NFL Network's Adam Shefter also reports that the Browns have zeroed in on Thomas.
rotoworld

This is great news for us!

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 11:02 AM
This is great news considering Michael Smith was one of the few that saw Mario Williams coming. I'd love for him to fall to number 9 but I wouldn't mind throwing in a 3rd rounder to move to number 6 or 7 and make sure no one can jump us to get him.

Mel Kiper's final mock has the Browns taking Thomas and the Dolphins taking Quinn at 9. Todd McShay's (I hate that guy) final mock has the Browns taking Joe Thomas and Quinn falling to the Vikings at number 7.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 11:43 AM
They passed on Quinn. Thomas was the pick, how far do you think Quinn slides now? Is there any immediate threat to trade up or could be possibly fall all the way to 9?

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 12:00 PM
If the Cardinals take Levi Brown, I think Quinn falls all the way to us. It would play out something like this I'm hoping.

Cards- Levi Brown
Redskins- Okoye, Landry?
Minnesota- Peterson, Landry?
Atlanta- Peterson, Landry, Okoye?
Miami- BRADY QUINN.

Just a few more picks. The anticipation is killing me.

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Quinn Quinn Quinn Quinn!!!!!!!!!!

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Peterson is still on the board for Minnesota and Okoye on the board for Atlanta. We'll find out soon. I'm getting excited.

Grizzlegom
04-28-2007, 12:35 PM
HECK YES TO BRADY QUINN!!!! as long as noone trades in hes ours.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 12:50 PM
How dumb is the rest of the nation? The ESPN poll by fans all over the country says we should take Leon Hall or Darrelle Revis ahead of Quinn. WTF is wrong with people?

How bad do you think the Jets fans are gonna boo when we pick Quinn?

filthee
04-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Goodnight.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 12:52 PM
I officially hate Randy Mueller and Cam Cameron with my whole heart.

WacArnold
04-28-2007, 12:53 PM
lmao Ted Ginn Jr

filthee
04-28-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm officially a Chargers' fan now.

Diehard
04-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Brutal pick. Sorry guys...

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 12:55 PM
I hate everyone.

Grizzlegom
04-28-2007, 12:56 PM
i hate mueller. i resign from being a dolphins fan.

RyanXQ
04-28-2007, 12:59 PM
wow, i can not believe that.

BuckNaked
04-28-2007, 12:59 PM
i feel bad for you guys

NGSeiler
04-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Wow, Ginn over Quinn...

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Hopefully he pulls and Aaron Rodgers and falls into the mid 20s where we can package a 2nd and 3rd to move up for him.

art vandelay
04-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Wow...just wow. Teddy Ginn.

filthee
04-28-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm flipping irate.

4U2NV
04-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Randy Mueller is the worst GM in the history of everything. I don't know who's call it was to take Ginn but they should be shot. What a horrible day to be a Dolphins fan. I still remember what it felt like to see us take Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees and it felt pretty much like this feels. I thought that the Dave Wannstedt era was the most inept in Dolphins' history but I've been proven wrong. Ted Ginn Jr.? Wow. Trent Green is not the long-term answer, he's a good short-term addition but not if we want to win a Super Bowl eventually. Ginn is a glorified return guy who shouldn't have been taken this high. This sucks.

btw...hey Draftguru, it's been a while! I'd ask how you are but yeah...

Case No Zero
04-28-2007, 01:11 PM
That pick was insane.....I feel bad for dolphin fans.

filthee
04-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Ooooh... it hurts...

4U2NV
04-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Hopefully he pulls and Aaron Rodgers and falls into the mid 20s where we can package a 2nd and 3rd to move up for him.
Nah, that wouldn't happen, afterall, that would be smart.

Number 10
04-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Where is finsfan79?

He KILLED me gor giving Ginn to the Fins at 9....ironic

I'mAHustler
04-28-2007, 01:20 PM
I hate everyone.

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Where is finsfan79?

He KILLED me gor giving Ginn to the Fins at 9....ironic

Only an idiot would take Ginn at #9, and apparently our staff are idiots.

4U2NV
04-28-2007, 01:22 PM
I hate Randy Mueller.

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I hate Randy Mueller.

Nice to see you around, even on such crappy conditions.

filthee
04-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I can understand passing on Quinn if you don't think he's worth the #9 overall, but crap, trade down and get some better value instead of mega-reaching for Ginn.

filthee
04-28-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm going to go find a baby to punch. I can't handle this.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 01:34 PM
I can understand passing on Quinn if you don't think he's worth the #9 overall, but crap, trade down and get some better value instead of mega-reaching for Ginn.

Hell Denver was dying to trade up for Okoye or Willis. Trade down, get the number 21 overall and an extra 2nd. Then we have so many 2nd rounders we could trade back into the 1st and land Ginn and Quinn.

Phins28
04-28-2007, 01:35 PM
This is incredible, I don't believe this, Ginn over Quinn? amazing

Phins28
04-28-2007, 01:40 PM
But something smells here.

We are not the only ones that have passed on Quinn.

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Seems like we are going to trade up for John Beck. I'm just praying some how Quinn keeps falling to the 20s and we trade up and get him. That is the only thing that could save today.

I'mAHustler
04-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Seems like we are going to trade up for John Beck. I'm just praying some how Quinn keeps falling to the 20s and we trade up and get him. That is the only thing that could save today.Just like Brady Quinn falling to #9 would be perfect.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Barring a trade up he could actually slide all the way to 29 before you see a team that really needs a QB. I'm sure he'll go higher based on talent along but I think once he gets to about 22 we seriously need to think about going up to get him.

filthee
04-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Cameron just addressed the angry fans in the practice bubble and was booed non-stop. Chants of 'Brady, Brady, Brady' drowned him out.

filthee
04-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Cameron kept making reference to Ginn's family and his relationship/history with them. I nearly threw my laptop across the room.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 02:04 PM
The Jets just threw in a 2nd rounder to go up 11 spots to number 14, I think it's feasible that we could give up both our 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd if we get lucky to move up to about number 24 and get Brady Quinn.

Number 10
04-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Only an idiot would take Ginn at #9, and apparently our staff are idiots.

So much irony there

4U2NV
04-28-2007, 02:06 PM
The only thing that will save today is if somehow we magically make a trade to move up and take Brady. If not, the Dolphins brass are the dumbest people on earth. I'm glad the fans gave Cameron hell for that awful botch job with the pick, they need to know just how angry us fans are. We're officially the laughing stock of the league right now for how we handled that pick.

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Cleveland seems to be trying to move up for him.

filthee
04-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Barring J-vile taking Quinn here there is a run of teams that do not need QB help. You could see Cleveland trade into this area to snag Quinn.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 02:19 PM
If Cleveland is looking at trading up, then why the hell aren't we? We have a stock pile of picks a huge hole at QB and we already made the mistake of passing on him once.

BehrenMan007
04-28-2007, 04:31 PM
We'll take Trent Edwards at 40. Everyone calm down.

Grizzlegom
04-28-2007, 04:48 PM
we will likely draft edwards, beck, stanton, or kolb in the second round but here's the thing:

the difference between quinn and those QBs is MUCH BIGGER than the difference between ted ginn and anthony gonzales, steve smith, craig davis, dwayne jarrett...which one of them will definitely be available to us in the second round.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm actually hoping Branch or Olsen fall all the way to 40 and that Stanton drops to 60.

If we finish off with Ted Ginn Jr., Greg Olsen and Drew Stanton after 2 rounds, I'll be much, much happier and least they will have somewhat made up for passing on Brady Quinn.

BehrenMan007
04-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Olsen's going to Chicago at 31. We're taking our Qb of the future at 40.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Olsen's going to Chicago at 31. We're taking our Qb of the future at 40.

Well when I typed it he hadn't been drafted. I wouldn't act so positive about 40 though. We though we were getting our QB of the future at 9 and look at the mess that turned into. I hope we can land a guy like Edwards at 40 but who knows that these guys are thinking anymore.

I'm just hoping we don't get Beck.

keylime_5
04-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Hey Dolphins fans, I told you guys that you'd be taking Ginn at #9. I promise you that he will be a great player, a pro bowl kick returner who gives you guys field position, and a big playe receiver. He's gonna be better than Galloway and Glenn in the NFL I bet.

Oh yeah, and thanks for Brady Quinn, I think we're gonna enjoy him here in Cleveland.

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm ok with Beck.

BehrenMan007
04-28-2007, 06:17 PM
I'd be happier w/ Edwards. But my worry is Beck is already 26!! In 5 years, he'll be considered old as an NFL QB. Hopefully Green will show him the ropes

BehrenMan007
04-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh yeah, and thanks for Brady Quinn, I think we're gonna enjoy him here in Cleveland.

Oh yea, I hope you enjoy watching Dallas take your top 10 pick next year.

Grizzlegom
04-28-2007, 06:22 PM
im ok with beck since kolb was gone already but it still doesnt make up for passing on quinn.

if we took quinn at nine, jarrett is on the board at 40. quinn and jarrett >>> beck and ginn.

yes, ginn helps the return game but he HURTS the offense. he HAS to play in the slot. chambers is a better receiver in the slot than outside. with jarrett, chambers could have played in the slot in 3 receiver sets.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 06:26 PM
I'd be happier w/ Edwards. But my worry is Beck is already 26!! In 5 years, he'll be considered old as an NFL QB. Hopefully Green will show him the ropes

I hate that we drafted a 26 year old QB. We already have Lemon on the roster who is 27 and has experience in the system and still some upside. I don't know that Beck was any better then Stanton or Edwards and those guys are 22 and had more room to grow. Beck is a pretty finished product. Stanton also seemed like the more marketable player. Again I'm banking alot on Randy Mueller knowing what he's doing because he's supposed to have a great eye for talent. Hopefully all my doubts are proved wrong.

We could have gotten Quinn and Ugoh as our QB and LT for the future. Instead we are getting Ginn and Beck. Kinda hard not to be let down. Have to say tho, it was hilarious watching Cam Cameron get booed off the stage when announcing the pick of Ted Ginn Jr.

I'mAHustler
04-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm ok with Beck.He's 26. He's a backup and maybe a servicable starter...at best.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Listen Randy Mueller is an complete idiot for passing on Quinn but I don't think any GM in the NFL that had a team with our kind of issues would draft a QB at number 40 to only be a backup and servicable starter. They drafted him to be the guy for the next ten years unless someone comes up within the next couple of drafts that they really love.

4U2NV
04-28-2007, 07:20 PM
QBs taken outside the 1st round rarely make any significant impact in the NFL. Guys like Tom Brady are rare and personally I feel that it's simply a waste of time to be worrying about QBs after the 1st round. John Beck certainly does not do anything to diffuse the anger that I still have for us passing on Brady Quinn. Plus, as it was mentioned, Jarrett was on the board for us in the 2nd and would have been a fantastic value pick to fill a need for us and we would still have our future franchise QB. I'm still dumbfounded as to how badly Cameron and Mueller have f'ed this draft up today.

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 07:20 PM
They liked Beck enough to pass on Quinn, and I really think he can be a very good starter. Very smart guy, accurate and puts some good zip on the ball.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 07:49 PM
QBs taken outside the 1st round rarely make any significant impact in the NFL. Guys like Tom Brady are rare and personally I feel that it's simply a waste of time to be worrying about QBs after the 1st round. John Beck certainly does not do anything to diffuse the anger that I still have for us passing on Brady Quinn. Plus, as it was mentioned, Jarrett was on the board for us in the 2nd and would have been a fantastic value pick to fill a need for us and we would still have our future franchise QB. I'm still dumbfounded as to how badly Cameron and Mueller have f'ed this draft up today.

That's not true at all. Trent Green was an 8th round pick and he was a solid professional QB for most of his career. Kurt Warner was an MVP winner and was not even drafted. Tony Romo was undrafted. Tom Brady was a 6th rounder. Brett Favre was a 2nd rounder. Matt Hasselbeck was a 6th rounder. Marc Bulger was a 6th rounder. Drew Brees was a 2nd rounder. Chris Simms was a 3rd rounder. Matt Schaub was a 3rd rounder. Jake Delhomme was undrafted.

That's more then a thrid of the starting NFL QBs that where not 1st rounders. There are definately noted 1st round QBs like Carson Palmer, Steve McNair, Peyton Manning and a few others. However there are alot of 1st round QBs that are playing simply because they were 1st round picks and not because they are really worthy of starting. Look at Joey Harrington a few years back. Look at Rex Grossman, Eli Manning. Those guys are not better then any of the later guys but they are starting because teams have so much invested in them that they have no choice but to play them and hope they pan out.

There's no reason why Beck can't turn into a solid NFL player in the mold of a Chad Pennington (With a better arm) and be a solid ten year starter for us. If in a couple of years he didn't work out, then we'll fire Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller and get rid of Beck and go get another QB like we always seem to do every few years. It's not like we aren't used to it already.

On a side note, please God let Mueller have enough sense to draft Kalil if he drops those last two spots to us.

Grizzlegom
04-28-2007, 07:59 PM
stupid carolina, nm.

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Ugh, would have preferred Kalil by a lot, but I guess this means Hadnot back to OG, I like Samson more at OC than OG.

I'mAHustler
04-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Know what's funny? What's a better combination?

Quinn, Jarrett and Kalil

or

Ginn, Beck and Satele

draftguru151
04-28-2007, 09:06 PM
I like Booker.

BehrenMan007
04-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Know what's funny? What's a better combination?

Quinn, Jarrett and Kalil

or

Ginn, Beck and Satele

Khalil wasn't an option for us at 60. I like Ginn, Beck, and Satele

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Booker was a solid pickup. I love what we are doing on offense tho. As much as I hated passing on Brady Quinn. Having Ronnie Brown, Ten Ginn, Jr., and Lorenzo Booker who all have 4.3 speed is going to cause massive headaches for D coordinators. I'd love for Ben Patrick to slip to us in round 4 where he can help us stretch the field from that spot as well and we will definately have some dynamics on offensive that this team has not seen in years.

I definately didn't agree during the early part of the draft but I'm seeing a plan coming together now and its definately sparking some interest. Who knows, if Beck pans out, this could actually turn out to be a fairly solid draft even with everything that has happened. It's nice to see some offensive talent coming in that defenses might actually have to break a sweat planning for.

jriles0522
04-28-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first Browns fan who came in here to thank the Dolphins organization for handing us Brady Quinn. A franchise left tackle and hopefully QB in the first round is a great haul.

As for us giving up our first rounder next year, we've all agree that there's a 90% chance we'd have been looking for a QB anyway, so we basically just got ours a year early for a 2nd rounder. We're ok with it because we all thought we were gonna use #3 on him anyway, so here we save a bunch of cash AND get a year ahead on developing our new QB, Brady Quinn.

And for the record, Ginn's a great player. However, Beck sucks. He's a skinny, 26 year old, averaged armed mormon. he'll prolly go down to south beach, meet a few girls, realize he's disgraced his religion and leave to go on a mormon mission. Best case, he sits for a year, takes over at 27, then in 3-4 average years u can draft a new one.

Joeyjr09
04-28-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first Browns fan who came in here to thank the Dolphins organization for handing us Brady Quinn. A franchise left tackle and hopefully QB in the first round is a great haul.

As for us giving up our first rounder next year, we've all agree that there's a 90% chance we'd have been looking for a QB anyway, so we basically just got ours a year early for a 2nd rounder. We're ok with it because we all thought we were gonna use #3 on him anyway, so here we save a bunch of cash AND get a year ahead on developing our new QB, Brady Quinn.

And for the record, Ginn's a great player. However, Beck sucks. He's a skinny, 26 year old, averaged armed mormon. he'll prolly go down to south beach, meet a few girls, realize he's disgraced his religion and leave to go on a mormon mission. Best case, he sits for a year, takes over at 27, then in 3-4 average years u can draft a new one.

I love people that talk **** on draft day like they know exactly whats gonna happen. I hope your around in a few years to see how these players really pan out. If Thomas turns out to be Robert Gallery Jr and Brady Quinn turns out to be a gloried Patrick Ramsey then you will be eating your words.

jriles0522
04-29-2007, 12:59 AM
I love people that talk **** on draft day like they know exactly whats gonna happen. I hope your around in a few years to see how these players really pan out. If Thomas turns out to be Robert Gallery Jr and Brady Quinn turns out to be a gloried Patrick Ramsey then you will be eating your words.

No offense, but me being happy is no different than most everyone in here being pissed off. According to you they have no reason to be since no one knows what gonna happen. I'd be bitter too though.

Finsfan79
04-29-2007, 01:14 AM

dont troll please

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 02:54 AM
No offense, but me being happy is no different than most everyone in here being pissed off. According to you they have no reason to be since no one knows what gonna happen. I'd be bitter too though.

Us being pissed is not because we don't think Ginn will be a good player but because we thought the direction of the franchise was going to be headed in a different direction. We were thrown for a loop when everything we though we knew about how they were going to build the team was thrown out the window.

Your happy because you think you got better players then us. Two completely different reasons, only time will tell whether or not any of these guys actually pan out.

RonnieRun23
04-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Does anyone think Beck will succeed?
Although I didn't like the Ginn pick, I thought the Beck pick was our worst pick yesterday. I just don't see him accomplishing much in the NFL. I personally thought they should've drafted Trent Edwards. Also, how close were we to getting Kalil? That would've made our first day much better, even though Satele is a decent pick. I would give our first day a C- grade.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Ginn estimated he was "80 or 85 percent" healthy and won't participate in next weekend's Dolphins mini camp.
Mueller said Ginn should be healed in a month.

You have got to be getting me. It's been nearly 3 whole months and he still isn't freaking healthy. This is ridiculous.

RonnieRun23
04-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Who do you guys want for the 2nd day?

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 08:21 AM
I'd be happy with Tanard Jackson, Doug Free, Ben Patrick, or Brandon Siler.

RonnieRun23
04-29-2007, 08:28 AM
yeah i agree. Do you think we should draft a project rush backer? Porter and Taylor aren't getting younger. I think if Antwan Barnes is there in 6th round, we should take him.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 08:34 AM
Yea, I'd like to pick up someone later 2nd day. Barnes, Jacob Ford, Brian Smith, Justin Hickman, some one like that would be nice.

We also better pick up Sepulveda or Podlesh in the 6th.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 08:54 AM
John Beck is growing on me. After he started rising I went back and watched his bowl game and the shrine game and Beck really impressed me. I think if he is 23 and not 25 he would have been a legit 1st rounder. I'm still mad about what happened yesterday, but I really think Beck can be a very good starting QB, sooner rather than later. And Ted Ginn does have all word potential, maybe it actually works out.

http://www.provopride.com/story/2007/4/20/22941/4588

That's a site about John Beck, has a highlight film of him against Boist State a while back.

RonnieRun23
04-29-2007, 09:23 AM
H'es going to be 26 when the season starts. I wouldn't LOVE this pick even if he was 23, but i wouldn't hate it. However, because of his age, i just don't feel we got much of a value if we let him sit on the bench for a season or two, and i don't think he is ready to step in day one and be a starter. I would grade the pick a d, because it was an area of need

Grizzlegom
04-29-2007, 09:29 AM
i think beck is alright. he was definitely the third guy on my QB big board for us (behind quinn and kolb). i agree that if he was younger he prolly woulda slipped into the first round. the only thing about becks age is that he was on a religious mission or something like that so he may be older but he doesnt have the wear and tear. comparing him to weinke is unfair because weinke played baseball so it could be argued he had even more wear and tear (i know noone here is comparing them but a lot of others are).

filthee
04-29-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm liking the draft more with each passing hour. Beck will succeed in Cameron's system and Ginn will make an impact from the first kickoff of 2007 and will be a unique weapon for Cam to utilize.

RonnieRun23
04-29-2007, 10:40 AM
good pick. One of our best so far in the draft. Soliai.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Eww, Soliai. Don't like that at all.

RonnieRun23
04-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Really? I know Evans is a good player, but i'm not sure he can be THE NT

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 10:48 AM
The coaches were ready to hand Evans the NT job if Traylor didn't come back and we pick a NT in the 4th round?

I'm not a fan of him in general either, never saw anything that impressive. I don't see the difference between him and Sione Pouha.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 10:53 AM
This is what the OL will probably look like next year.

LT- Vernon Carey
LG- Samson Satele
C- Rex Hadnot
RG- LJ Shelton
RT- Anthony Alabi

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 10:56 AM
I like the Soliai pick. Big time upside and youth for our line. Evans was really the only guy we had at that spot because Traylor is getting very, very old. Remember Vickerson, Rod Wright are more like DEs in our 3-4 and Manny Wright is not a true NT or someone we can even count on.

Having Matt Roth, Rodrique Wright, Paul Soliai, Fred Evans are nice solid players we can count on for our future at DL. If we get anything out of Manny Wright and Kevin Vickerson then its just an added bonus. Nice to see us getting youth and upside on the DL to take over as we start moving out some of our aging vets.

BehrenMan007
04-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Where do we look with our 2 picks in rd 6? I'm looking at a TE like Michael Allan from Whitworth and another OT maybe.

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm hoping that we see Ben Patrick and Michael Coe fall in the 6th round for us. Daren Stone would be a solid pick. Antonio Johnson is worth a gamble that late even tho we already got a DT. There's a couple DE/LB hyrbids I wouldn't mind. I think we need to try to trade up for Brandon Siler tho if he falls a few more spots into mid round 5. Theres also a couple of WRs that would look solid for us. Aundrae Allison is another guy I'd trade up for in mid round 5.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Come on Blades keep falling!

miamichamp_305
04-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Come on Blades keep falling!
Him and Ben Patrick :D

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Ben Patrick needs to be our next pick.

How awesome would it be to finish our draft with Ben Patrick, Brandon Siler, Michael Coe, Daren Stone and Corey Hilliard?

Ronnie Brown
04-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Kenny Scott
Xzavie Jackson
Adam Koets
Cameron Stephenson
Kyle Cook
Dane Uperesa
Rudy Sylvan

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Ugh, are you kidding me?

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Class: Senior Position: RB HT/WT 6-0 / 351 lbs.
Reagan Mauia.

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 02:01 PM
I finally understand. We are drafting as many Samoan players as we can get. Randy and Cam think we are a sumo wrestling team. That's 3 in one draft.

But seriously, another RB, WTF? I like the way they are going with adding speed but what use do we have for a 3rd/4th RB? Maybe they'll covert him to FB because he's a good blocker?

We have way too many areas that we haven't addressed to be picking 3rd stringers at this point. Wendling, Siler, Bain, Johnson or any OL would have been better.

Maybe they are thinking of moving the team to Hawaii?

BehrenMan007
04-29-2007, 02:02 PM
WTF?!? Reagan Mauia?? another hawii player?ANOTHER RB?????? He wasn't even on Scott's top RBs! I guess we've seen the end of Ricky Williams. I hope Patrick falls to 199.

Yes, our 3rd SAMOAN PLAYER! WHAT THE HELL?

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Maybe they are gonna try him at NT....

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Maybe they are gonna try him at NT....

He's 6 foot, 251 LBs. I can't imagine they drafted him to carry the ball. He's probably going to be a FB. I sure they took a flier on him as a power blocker that Cam Cameron likes to use and he could be a good short yardage guy based on his size.

Maybe Randy thinks that if we draft enough Samoan players with the long wavy hair coming out the back of the helmet, we will draw some unessary roughness penalities. We still scare the hell out of people too.

Imagina three biggest versions of Troy Polamalu's coming out of the lockeroom towards you.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Great, another piece of trash.

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Great, another piece of trash.

I'm never gonna complain about an OL that gets drafted by Randy Mueller and Hudson Houck. I'd have been find with we drafted 8 OL, a QB and a WR in this draft so adding Satele is a solid pickup that I liked and adding Mormino could help us as well. We are getting youth along the line and letting it grow together that I have no problem with that. Randy Mueller has drafted some very talented OL during his career and just about every OL we've drafted since Houck has been here seem to have bright futures and alot of upside so I'm not going to knock this pick at all. Late round fliers at OL are good additions to any team and you can never get enough of those type of guys.

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 02:57 PM
I was hoping we would add a couple of pieces on defense tho as we need to start grooming some youngsters. I know we need alot of help on offense but using a couple late round picks on CB/S and ILB would be well welcomed.

Again, here's hoping we land Ben Patrick, Travarous Bain and Brandon Siler in round 7.

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 03:09 PM
http://www.lodinews.com/articles/2007/04/28/sports/3_mauia_070428.txt

There's an interesting article on Mauia. Sounds like a good tough kid. Wants to be like Lorenzo Neal. He will definately be a FB for us and he is a massive dude. Seems like he could help us out of offense.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Not Siler but Smith is an ok pick.

RonnieRun23
04-29-2007, 03:57 PM
well, we got a punter. does anybody know anything about him? worth the pick?

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 04:07 PM
What do you mean worth the pick? It's a mid 7th rounder on a punter. We don't currently have an NFL caliber punter on the roster. Who cares if hes not worth a 7th rounder. We needed a punter.

Kelvin Smith is an ok pick. I wonder if maybe Siler is hurt or something. And I'm surprised Bain hasn't been taken. Smith is a nice addition tho.

Sadly, there's actually some UDFAs Im really excited about given they finish falling thru the draft.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 04:16 PM
He is huge, 6-5 240.

Bad combine though,

Brandon Fields (Michigan State): Fairly unremarkable performance. On this day, I just didn't see the consistency in mechanics that would convince people that he'll be successful at the next level.

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Thats usually the book on most late round picks and more specifically. Most late round Punters and Kickers. I think he will be a practice squad player for a year and we'll go sign Turk to punt for us in the short term.

He looked good throughout the season. He had 16 punts inside the 20 over 12 games and only 6 touchbacks. Has a long of 73 and an average of 43.3

Those are pretty solid numbers across the board. No reason to think he can't do the same at the next level. I'm not a punter but I can't see where there would be a learning curve with dropping the ball and kicking it. If you can do it well in college, youll probably do it well as a pro.

With a little work on technique there's no reason he can't be a solid NFL punter.

Please take Bain with our last pick. We need some upside in the DB.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Hooray a DE/OLB. Too bad he sucks.

6 second day picks and all are crap.

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Wright is an ok pick. Seems to be a hardworker that will fit in well with the lockeroom. Nice DE/OLB prospect to finish off the draft is fine.

Priority FAs are definately Travarous Bain, Walter Thomas, Darius Walker, Matt Moore, Mkristo Bruce, Earl Everett.

Siler was just taken by San Diego. And people wonder how they get so good.

If we can land 2 or 3 of those guys on the list, I'd be estatic. However, that's not likely to happen.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 04:52 PM
I want Bain and Moore. I like Bruce as well.

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Bain should be the 1st guy we go after. Walter Thomas would be a nice pickup. I love Matt Moore. Also wouldn't mind adding Gabe Hall from Texas Tech.

Keyvonius Bouie is a guy that not many people have heard of but hes very productive at local Florida International and was easily the best defensive player (if not the best player) on the team. Even ahead of Antwan Barnes. He's worth a gamble a could be an easy sign since hes from the area.

Nate Harris is worth a shot as well. There's alot of UDFAs that excite me. Bruce could fit in as a nice 3-4 DE. Stanley Doughty is worth a gamble as well. Rhema McKnight is worth a shot too. There's so many guys that have dropped that I would love to bring in as UDFAs and see if a few can make the team. It costs very little to bring these guys into camp so Mueller should go get them.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Bruce projects to OLB not DE in a 3-4.

dcarey20
04-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Hey I know the Ginn pick is old news, but I'll give my take on it.

I'm a HUGE fan of Ted Ginn Jr., I feel he's going to be a complete stud. He'll be able to contribute in a bunch of different ways, and he will change games. I felt he was a top 10 talent.

BUT, to take him over Brady Quinn was crazy. I had Quinn down as a top 3 talent and the best quarterback in the draft. He would have totally revived the quarterback situation. I was completely shocked. Me and my friend were sitting around saying "Why the hell are they taking so long, we all know it's gonna be Quinn." And then they go for Ted Ginn lol.

Bottom line: Like I said, I think Ginn's gonna be a star, but to pass up a franchise quarterback like Quinn was crazy, especially when your team's quarterback situation is abysmal.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm very interested to see the offense next year. If Cameron can get creative and use Ginn and Booker sort of like Bush and Westbrook and Steve Smith are used, it should really be fun to watch. Kinda of like using Reggie Bush as a pure RB would be a mistake, using Ted Ginn as a pure WR would be a mistake. I want some reverses, having Ginn in the backfield, double reverse flea flicker passes. Ginn played QB in high school, he can throw, so can Ronnie Brown and Marty Booker. Ginn certainly intrigues me if nothing else.

BehrenMan007
04-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Yea, My dad and I were talking about how they would use Ginn. They haven't an a REAL EXPLOSIVE player that can make a 90 yd TD play since Ricky. I'd like to see Ginn in reverses, double reverses, and him going down the field for 80 yard bombs. Finally, we get a real, explosive player like Ginn that can get into the endzone whenever he touches the ball.

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Lorenzo Booker while not as talented as Reggie Bush, certainly brings that same kind of dimension to the team. I got to FSU and have seem him play over the past few years and he was far and away the best RB on the team. Better then Leon Washington. He was definately misused in numerous single back sets and many runs up the middle which are not his strong suit. Thats why FSU has been so bad of late. Our OC just did not know what he was doing.

Booker is murder on defenses when he hits the open field. He is a perfect player for screens on 3rd down and he looks good when you split him wide. He will kill teams if he gets mismatched on a LB which is possible when splitting him out and he is solid when running off tackle and bouncing to the outside. He can take it the distance every time he touches the ball.

Ginn needs to be used also on WR screens and reverses. He also has very solid hands and his great speed gets him separation from CBs. Once he gets his route running down, he will be able to create even more space which will make teams double team him. I love adding those new elements to an offense that featured Ronnie Brown throwing a horrible pass on a two point conversion as the only inventive play in the last few years.

I love getting two big, mean players in Soliai and Satele. They are both gamers and while they will not dominate or change a game, they will be solid pros and add toughness to both sides of the line. Both play with a real nasty streak and I love guys like that. And the hair is a plus.

Kelvin Smith is a solid developmental pick and ST player in round 7 and I thought that was solid. Abraham was ok as a DE/OLB hybrid in low round 7. He is a self made player and a hardworker at a position we are very old at. Decent gamble on a guy that tries his best to make something of himself. He could definately turn into a David Bowens for us.

Mormino is ok as a late round developemental OL prospect. I'll never complain about drafting depth along the OL and letting those guys gel with the rest of the OL in case of injury.

Mauia seemed like a real reach but he is another mean player that will hit you in the mouth. Sounds like he loves to block and he's huge at 6 foot 270 pounds. He will likely be on the practice squad for a year or two behind Schlesinger and then take over that role. Cam Cameron loves blocking FBs so I have no problem with them taking a guy in the late round if they feel he can fill that role for them in the future.

Overall, when all is said and done, it was a decent draft. I would have definately gone other directions with some picks but that can be said for just about every team with every fan in the NFL. The Dolphins are definately better today then they were yesterday and I feel alot better about the new dynamic ew have added on offense. It might take awhile for us to get to where we want to be but at least we can see a plan and we will be fun to watch on offense which is something different for us fans.

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 08:04 PM
I remember one Hawaii game Brennan was getting sacked and just dumbed the ball off and the announcer was like "Oh no there's a penalty for illegal touching, he threw it to an offensive lineman." It ended up being Mauia, lol.

I doubt mind OL depth, but I don't like Mormino. There are guys I really liked there like Daren Stone (go youtube him, watch him jump over some cars), Jacob Ford, Ben Patrick. Also guys like Herbert Taylor and John Wendling went after Reagan. I'd much rather have Taylor and Stone than Reagan and Mormino.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-29-2007, 08:33 PM
just saw this.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/specials/draft/2007/04/29/ginn.dolphins.ap/index.html

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 08:34 PM
I remember one Hawaii game Brennan was getting sacked and just dumbed the ball off and the announcer was like "Oh no there's a penalty for illegal touching, he threw it to an offensive lineman." It ended up being Mauia, lol.

I doubt mind OL depth, but I don't like Mormino. There are guys I really liked there like Daren Stone (go youtube him, watch him jump over some cars), Jacob Ford, Ben Patrick. Also guys like Herbert Taylor and John Wendling went after Reagan. I'd much rather have Taylor and Stone than Reagan and Mormino.

I really hated Taylor as a prospect but I know you where high on him. He just seems to lack size and while Mormino is an inch shorter and only about 5 pounds heavier. Mormino seems to be built more stocky and thick like an interior lineman where as Taylor seems to be more lanky and lean. Not to mention, Mormino comes from a school that has put out some pretty solid OL prospects in the NFL the last few years. I'd have rather had Wendling over Reagan but I can't fault them if they felt Reagan was a better fit for the team and in the 6th round in not gonna complain as long as he can come in and contribute for us in the long run.

There were obviously higher rated prospects on the board but it's the 6th round so Im not gonna be picky. I'm not expecting the team to find any Colstons. All I'm looking for is guys that can contribute for us down the line and if they felt Mormino and Mauia were the best guys at those spots then I can't fault them for that. It's not like they took two kickers after signing Feeley. FB and OL are both positions where we could have used some late round help so I'm ok with those picks.

Like I said, there was some picks I would have done differently but theres not really any picks that where just out of left field. There was a definate plan behind the draft and the team definately hit on some big time needs throughout the draft. I'm not in the scouting department so I have no idea what exactly was their thinking on taking one guy over another. My personal choice of prospects is not something I'm going to take into account when evaluating this draft.

Cam knows his offense and Randy is supposed to be one of the best talent evaluators in the NFL. If they think Mormino and Mauia are better then some of the others guys that were on the board then I'll go with it. As long as it looks that they are headed in the right direction and I definately see some semblance of order to this draft and to their thinking that was missing with Wanny and Saban. I have to say if anything I like that and I like getting the sense of feeling that my team knows what they are trying to do and where they are headed because for so long we've had none of that.

Memorex
04-29-2007, 09:04 PM
I broke a TV tray after the 1st round pick. I was so pumped I was getting ready to buy a Quinn jersey and everything. I also don't like the Beck over Edwards pick, Beck is 26 and wont start till he is 27, I just don't see the point in drafting someone so old when they are going to sit a year. I just hope Culpepper can somehow get healthy. If he sits and does not press his knee, I hope he could be back by mid-season. But they will probably release him.

I'm pissed

draftguru151
04-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Left tackle Tala Esera agreed to a free-agent deal with the Miami Dolphins.

Marquay Love signed as well.

I seriously think a scout went on vacation to Hawaii instead of really scouting and went to a UH game.

Joeyjr09
04-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Left tackle Tala Esera agreed to a free-agent deal with the Miami Dolphins.

Marquay Love signed as well.

I seriously think a scout went on vacation to Hawaii instead of really scouting and went to a UH game.

Solid signings and worth a gamble. Bain signed with Arizona and Moore signed with Dallas. Outside of that, there's still a few talented players out there worth a shot.

I found out the UH link. Mueller has a long time history with their coach (June Jones is his name I believe). They have been friends since the 1980's when Mueller played under him I believe as well. I'll try to find the article where I read all that but there is definately reasons why Mueller drafted those Samaon players and it comes from a well respected coach and solid resource for Mueller.

draftguru151
04-30-2007, 08:04 AM
We picked up Bruce and Geoffrey Pope, the 4.29 CB from Hampton.

Finsfan79
04-30-2007, 09:00 AM
The same Hawaii team that lost to FAU seems to have become the Miami Dolphins choice for recruitment.

I think we should sign one to two UDFA QBs to come in and get a look specially till green gets released.

draftguru151
04-30-2007, 03:45 PM
The same Hawaii team that lost to FAU seems to have become the Miami Dolphins choice for recruitment.

I think we should sign one to two UDFA QBs to come in and get a look specially till green gets released.

When did they lost to FAU?

I think I figured it out, we're just getting ready for Colt Brennan next year, that or D Unit took over the Dolphins.

Joeyjr09
04-30-2007, 04:12 PM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if we took Brennan next year the way things have been going this season. If you gonna pick a school to draft a bunch of players from, shouldn't that school be the Miami Hurricanes? They put out more talent then anyone.

Grig
04-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah, that Hawaii thing was kind of odd, but for now I'll give them the benefit of the doubt due to the Mueller/Jones thing.

Here's to hoping that Reagan becomes an absolute mauler at FB.

Joeyjr09
04-30-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm not saying anything bad about those players I love the Satele pick and the Soliai pick as well. Reagan seemed like a reach but hes a huge guy and I hope he can turn into a solid blocking FB.

Memorex
04-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Lets hope Reagan turns out, we have been looking for a FB ever since Konrad fell through.

BigBlueCrew56
04-30-2007, 08:54 PM
I think Cameron and his San Diego ties led him to take a bunch of Hawaii and Somoan players overall. I had money on a ton of Hawaii games this year you know the late nite midnight backout game and these kids played with a real Nasty demeanor. That 360 pound fullback can move and has really lite feet.

Joeyjr09
04-30-2007, 09:19 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HpiMUKfSKIQ

Video of Reagan Mauia. His nickname is the Juggernaut which is why he breaks thru the wall kind of funny if you ask me. Guy is an absolute load tho. He is huge and not in a flabby way. Looks like he could be a real nice pickup.

D-Unit
05-07-2007, 04:28 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HpiMUKfSKIQ

Video of Reagan Mauia. His nickname is the Juggernaut which is why he breaks thru the wall kind of funny if you ask me. Guy is an absolute load tho. He is huge and not in a flabby way. Looks like he could be a real nice pickup.
Consider yourselves lucky you got him. ***' blew up Anthony Spencer last year. Mauia is like an extra lineman out there, except he wants to embarrass and demolish guys who try to get by him or guys he wants to plow through. He can block like no other and he's a good short yardage runner too. Nasty stiff arm.

GB12
05-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Double post a half hour later and then triple after another 9 minutes, how does that even happen?

Anyway, dude's huge.

I'mAHustler
05-08-2007, 06:41 AM
I hope this Samoan experiment pans out.