PDA

View Full Version : D-Unit's NFLDC MLB Dynasty League

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

D-Unit
03-12-2008, 02:58 PM
http://www.republicaupdate.com/images/mlblogo_1.gif

Welcome to the first inaugural NFLDC MLB Dynasty League hosted by yours truly. Those of you invited to this league know who you are. We will be using this thread to maintain our discussions throughout this upcoming baseball season. Here's wishing you guys the best of luck as the competition in this league looks to be incredibly challenging. With that said, here is the game play below:

Game Play:

1. This is a 12 team league. Here are the Team Owners:

Season 1
Bearsfan_51
Wingboy2999
D-Unit
Number 10
Jbond93
djp4516
Creekeagles
JJJ888
Toonsterwu
Bsaza2358
Xiomera
Charm City Brydgang

2008 Final Standings
1. Xiomera
2. D-Unit
3. Number 10
4. djp4516
5. Bearsfan_51
6. JJJ888
7. Wingboy2999
8. JBond93
9. Bsaza2358
10. Creekeagles
11. Charm City Byrdgang
12. Toonsterwu

Season 2
Bearsfan_51
Wingboy2999
D-Unit
Number 10
P-L
DJP
Tampa 2 4 Life
fischbowl
Giantsfan1080
Bsaza2358
Xiomera
Fenikz

2009 Final Standings
1. Xiomera
2. Giantsfan1080
3. djp4516
4. D-Unit
5. Bearsfan_51
6. Fenikz
7. Number 10
8. Wingboy2999
9. fischbowl
10. P-L
11. Bsaza2358
12. Tampa 2 4 Life

Here is the complete 2009 draft order:

1. fischbowl - Matt Wieters, C
2. Tampa 2 4 life - Tommy Hanson, SP
3. fenikz - Vladimir Guererro, OF
4. bsaza - Hunter Pence, OF
5. giantsfan1080 - Heath Bell, RP
6. Wingboy2999 - Adam Jones, OF
7. P-L - Mark DeRosa, 2B,3B,OF
8. bearsfan_51 - Garrett Atkins, 1B,3B
9. djp - Trevor Hoffman, RP
10. Number 10 - Alex Gordon, 3B
11. D-Unit - Neftali Feliz, SP
12. Xiomera - Ted Lilly, SP

13. Xiomera - Randy Johnson, SP
14. D-Unit - Matt LaPorta, 1B,OF
15. Number 10 - Jason Giambi, 1B, OF
16. djp - Kaz Matsui, 2B
17. bearsfan_51 - Trevor Cahill, SP
18. P-L - Johnathan Sanchez, SP
19. Wingboy2999 - Jeremy Guthrie, SP
20. giantsfan1080 - Daniel Murphy, OF
21. bsaza - Jason Motte, RP
22. fenikz - Jose Ceda, RP
23. Tampa 2 4 life - Jeff Neimann, SP
24. fischbowl - Jason Donald, INF

25. fischbowl - Yadier Molina, C
26. Tampa 2 4 life - Gaby Sanchez, 1B
27. fenikz - Chris Carpenter, SP
28. bsaza - Howie Kendrick, 2B
29. giantsfan1080 - Carlos Delgado, 1B
30. Wingboy2999 - Mike Napoli, C
31. P-L - Elijah Dukes, OF
32. bearsfan_51 - Jeff Clement, C
33. djp - Dexter Fowler, OF
34. Number 10 - John Smoltz, SP
35. D-Unit - Brett Anderson, SP
36. Xiomera - Elvis Andrus, SS

37. Xiomera - Shin-Choo Soo, OF
38. D-Unit - Derek Holland, SP
39. Number 10 - Willie Harris
40. djp - Brian Mastuz, SP
41. bearsfan_51 - Lars Anderson, 1B
42. P-L - Michael Bowden, SP
43. Wingboy2999 - Nick Adenhart, SP
44. giantsfan1080 - John Zimmerman, SP
45. bsaza - Paul Konerko, 1B
46. fenikz - Paul Maholm, SP
47. Tampa 2 4 life - Reid Brignac, SS
48. fischbowl - James McDonald, SP

Extended:
49. fischbowl - Wade Davis, SP
50. Tampa 2 4 life -Jeremy Hellickson, SP
51. fenikz - Kenshin Kawakami, SP
52. bsaza - John Rauch, RP
53. giantsfan1080 - Dayan Viciedo, 3B
54. P-L - Brett Wallace, 3B
55. Number 10 - Jorge Cantu, 1B, 3B
56. Number 10 - Nyjer Morgan, OF
57. P-L - David Purcey, SP
58. bsaza - Garrett Anderson, OF
59. fenikz - Wandy Rodriguez, SP
60. Tampa 2 4 life - Dan Wheeler, RP
61. Tampa 2 4 life - Rafael Soriano, RP
62. fenikz - Anthony Reyes, SP
63. bsaza - Andy Petitte, SP
64. P-L - Felipe Lopez, 2B,3B,SS,OF
65. Number 10 - Chris Dickerson, OF
66. Number 10 - Hideki Okajima, RP
67. P-L - Takashi Saito, RP
68. fenikz - Doug Davis, SP
69. Tampa 2 4 life - Randy Winn, OF

2. Keeper Lists:

2008 - http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1510872&postcount=468

3. The roster consists of 29 active players and 3 DL spots.

C (1)
1B (1)
2B (1)
3B (1)
SS (1)
OF (3)
Util (2)

SP (3)
RP (2)
P (3)
BN (11)

DL (3)

4. This will be a standard 5 x 5 Roto League. Which means there will be 5 scoring categories for hitters and 5 scoring categories for pitchers.

Hitting Categories: Runs, HR, RBI, Stolen Bases and OBP

Pitching Categories: Wins, Saves, Strikeouts, ERA, WHIP

5. Since this is a dynasty league, you will be able to keep up to 25 players from your team at the end of the season to carry over to your team into the next season. The minimum amount of players you will have to keep is 21 and the maximum amount is 25.

6. There will be 4 rounds of drafting next year for every team. However, for those owners who decided to carry over less than 25 players from last year's team into next year's team, those owners will continue to draft until they have a full 29 man roster.

For example, if Owner A decided to keep 23 players from last years team, then he will draft for 6 rounds. While Owner B who decided to keep the maximum of 25 players from last year's team, he will stop drafting after Round 4. Owner C who decided to let go as many players as he could and keep the minimum of 21 players, he will have 8 rounds of drafting.

7. The draft order will be determined by reverse order of the final standings. The last place team will have the first pick in Round 1 and the Championship team will have the last pick in Round 1 and the first pick in Round 2. Then continually, snake style.

8. Players have a 3 year keeper rule. If any player is kept on a final roster for 3 straight years, then he will be placed into the draft pool after the third year is complete. It does not matter on which team the player belongs to or belonged to. Eligibility does not renew if the player is traded, added or dropped. Basically if he is kept on a team for 3 straight years, he goes back into the pool. If he is not kept, then he goes back into the draft pool and his eligibility restarts for another 3 years once he is kept on a final roster. If he is dropped during the season and picked up again, that has no effect on his eligibility. Eligibility is tracked according to final rosters at the end of the year.

For example, if Team A drafted Ryan Howard this year and he gets traded to 5 different teams during the 3 years (and he has been kept every year), then the team that has Howard after the 3rd year will lose him at the end of the season.

Players may be kept twice in a row which gives them 3 years to play before forcefully going back into the draft pool. Once a player is not kept, his eligibility refreshes.

9. If you don't have 21 eligible keepers then you will just have a longer draft with more rounds.

But here's the catch. Every team owner can match the team with the lowest amount of keepers.

Let's say Team A only has 5 eligible keepers and will need to fill his 29 man roster. Team A will have to have 24 rounds of drafting. Now Team B has 15 eligible keepers. The choice will be left open for Team B to keep only 5 players (matching Team A), even though he has 15 players that he could keep. The option is his to do what he wants. If his option is to keep 5 instead of 15, that is fine. That way he can dive into the draft pool and select players that Team A might've dropped. We have to make it like this, otherwise, it wouldn't make sense because Team A would just readd the guys he just dropped because no everyone else ran out of rounds to draft.

So after 3 years, we can expect a longer draft. These drafts will be held on the forum. Only this first draft will be held via Yahoo live. All future drafts will be held offline.

10. All undrafted Free Agents and new player additions to Yahoo will follow the Yahoo Waiver Wire Priority system.

* As Commissioner, I reserve the right to replace owners who don't stay active after the end of each season.

Let's Play Ball!

D-Unit
03-12-2008, 03:01 PM
The Draft will be held Friday, March 21st 11:00PM EST on the Yahoo League Website.

Shane P. Hallam
03-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Oh snap, it's going to be craaazy.

Shane P. Hallam
03-12-2008, 03:04 PM
What if after 3 years you don't have 21 eligible keepers?

fischbowl
03-12-2008, 03:10 PM
I see you didnt invite me...........

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/03/79/23337903.jpg

Number 10
03-12-2008, 06:57 PM
This is gonna be a crazy league

bearsfan_51
03-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey D, as I predicted, I'm not going to be able to make the draft. My friend won a happy hour at our local bar. All you can eat and drink for 10 bucks for all of our friends. I can submit a list, pass it off to someone else, or something. Friday night is just a bad night.

D-Unit
03-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Hey D, as I predicted, I'm not going to be able to make the draft. My friend won a happy hour at our local bar. All you can eat and drink for 10 bucks for all of our friends. I can submit a list, pass it off to someone else, or something. Friday night is just a bad night.
Go to your team page on yahoo. There, you can prerank your players or just use the Yahoo default rankings. Yahoo will draft your team according to the way your rank your players. You won't have to be worried about having 10 catchers or anything silly like that because Yahoo has a good system set up for this. They actually do a great job. Set that up and don't worry about it.

Xiomera
03-12-2008, 09:24 PM
I kinda wish this were a more traditional keeper league. Rosters will never change. Keeping 20+ players!?

Oh my ...

D-Unit
03-12-2008, 10:33 PM
I kinda wish this were a more traditional keeper league. Rosters will never change. Keeping 20+ players!?

Oh my ...
Ah.. you don't know... This isn't a traditional keeper league. This is DYNASTY. There is a huge difference. In this league you will be able to place value on prospects and groom year to year without fear of having to drop them at the end of the season. You'll see there will be an actual BUY and SELL mentality at the trade deadline for teams who are looking to make a final push for the playoffs vs teams looking to rebuild for next year. This league is going to be a beautiful thing.

JJJ888
03-12-2008, 10:53 PM
I also most likely won't make the draft...I have preranked already and should be set to go.

Chucky
03-12-2008, 10:59 PM
This looks really interesting, Well if anyone drops out, I would be willing to fill a spot

Xiomera
03-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Ah.. you don't know... This isn't a traditional keeper league. This is DYNASTY. There is a huge difference. In this league you will be able to place value on prospects and groom year to year without fear of having to drop them at the end of the season. You'll see there will be an actual BUY and SELL mentality at the trade deadline for teams who are looking to make a final push for the playoffs vs teams looking to rebuild for next year. This league is going to be a beautiful thing.

Sounds great and all, but Yahoo does not have all of the top prospects in its system. For instance, Clayton Kershaw can not be drafted.

It might not work like you want.

bsaza2358
03-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Solution: When you want to draft a prospect, take a placeholder and announce the drafting to the league. D will keep a list of these placeholders and will add these players to the teams as they become available.

Shane P. Hallam
03-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Will the draft be on here or on Yahoo Live? I'm guessing Yahoo Live, just may hinder that.

As for it being a dynasty, why not have it actually be a dynasty and not have a 3 year cap?

bsaza2358
03-13-2008, 01:49 PM
I think it's an experiment. Why should someone get Braun for his entire career just because of a lucky draft pick? Keeps things interesting.

D-Unit
03-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Sounds great and all, but Yahoo does not have all of the top prospects in its system. For instance, Clayton Kershaw can not be drafted.

It might not work like you want.
Oh it will. Yahoo adds prospects to the FA pool when they get called up. If you want them, you will have to manage your waiver wire priority with care.

bsaza2358
03-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Wait, so I can't draft Kershaw? That sucks. I like my plan better with placeholders.

Xiomera
03-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Oh it will. Yahoo adds prospects to the FA pool when they get called up. If you want them, you will have to manage your waiver wire priority with care.

That's a pretty ****** way of handeling that. It's entirely luck based as to who gets the best prospects? Say Yahoo decides to add a guy into the system at 3 am . . . whoever happens to not be sleeping at that point and checks to league will get him.

Not really indicative of who is the best is it? If that is the case, then all undrafted players should be subject to follow waiver rules. Make it a pecking order. At least there is some calculation and strategy involved there . . .

Xiomera
03-13-2008, 02:04 PM
That said, bsaza's method is much more appropriate.

bsaza2358
03-13-2008, 02:05 PM
I like the idea of placeholders. First of all, there's no reason why Yahoo doesn't have a broader position database. Secondly, that shouldn't be our problem.

D-Unit
03-13-2008, 02:32 PM
What if after 3 years you don't have 21 eligible keepers?
I've been giving this some thought. If you don't have 21 eligible keepers then you will just have a longer draft with more rounds.

But here's the catch. Every team owner can match the team with the lowest amount of keepers.

Let's say Team A only has 5 eligible keepers and will need to fill his 29 man roster. Team A will have to have 24 rounds of drafting. Now Team B has 15 eligible keepers. The choice will be left open for Team B to keep only 5 players (matching Team A), even though he has 15 players that he could keep. The option is his to do what he wants. If his option is to keep 5 instead of 15, that is fine. That way he can dive into the draft pool and select players that Team A might've dropped. We have to make it like this, otherwise, it wouldn't make sense because Team A would just readd the guys he just dropped because no everyone else ran out of rounds to draft.

So after 3 years, we can expect a longer draft. These drafts will be held on the forum. Only this first draft will be held via Yahoo live.

D-Unit
03-13-2008, 02:35 PM
That's a pretty ****** way of handeling that. It's entirely luck based as to who gets the best prospects? Say Yahoo decides to add a guy into the system at 3 am . . . whoever happens to not be sleeping at that point and checks to league will get him.

Not really indicative of who is the best is it? If that is the case, then all undrafted players should be subject to follow waiver rules. Make it a pecking order. At least there is some calculation and strategy involved there . . .
That's totally incorrect. When yahoo adds a player, he follows the waiver wire rules. The team owner with the highest waiver priority who attempts to add him will get the player. Then once that owner wins the player, his waiver wire priority becomes last place.

All undrafted players are subject to follow the waiver rules.

bsaza2358
03-13-2008, 02:54 PM
I've been giving this some thought. If you don't have 21 eligible keepers then you will just have a longer draft with more rounds.

So after 3 years, we can expect a longer draft. These drafts will be held on the forum. Only this first draft will be held via Yahoo live.

Well, that kind of sucks. If you think about it, the offline draft allows people to draft any eligible prospect or player, yet we're expected to use Yahoo rules for the first year. If I wanted to draft Hank Conger next year, and Yahoo doesn't have him in the system, what am I supposed to do then? You need to address this matter now because I guarantee it will be an issue next year.

D-Unit
03-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, that kind of sucks. If you think about it, the offline draft allows people to draft any eligible prospect or player, yet we're expected to use Yahoo rules for the first year. If I wanted to draft Hank Conger next year, and Yahoo doesn't have him in the system, what am I supposed to do then? You need to address this matter now because I guarantee it will be an issue next year.
When we do it offline in the future, we will only draft players available in Yahoo at the time of the draft.

bsaza2358
03-13-2008, 03:18 PM
That is crap arse crap. It is a dynasty league, not a yahoo crapshoot league.

D-Unit
03-13-2008, 03:32 PM
That is crap arse crap. It is a dynasty league, not a yahoo crapshoot league.
Sorry, we have to live within the limits of the league ability. It's not a crap shoot. There is a strategy behind using your waiver wire priority. You can't just pick up every ole Joe Shmo prospect that rises to the Majors if you intend to land a top prospect. Part of the strategy of the game is based off using your waiver priority properly.

bsaza2358
03-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Also not too late to try another league format, like ESPN or CBS Sportsline...

Shane P. Hallam
03-13-2008, 03:38 PM

Sounds fine.

As for waivers and placeholders, etc. What if someone wants one of the placeholders? It is all pretty random, we might as well just stick with Yahoo.

D-Unit
03-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Also, not too late for anyone who wishes to drop out.

bsaza2358
03-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Sounds fine.

As for waivers and placeholders, etc. What if someone wants one of the placeholders? It is all pretty random, we might as well just stick with Yahoo.

That is a bit of a problem, I guess. Maybe we just have to work within the system, but hate it.

bearsfan_51
03-13-2008, 03:48 PM
You guys are taking this **** waaaaay too seriously.......

D-Unit
03-13-2008, 03:51 PM
You guys are taking this **** waaaaay too seriously.......
Thanks for that. Yahoo is yahoo. I've done a league similar to this last year and it was tons of fun. Sorry B... you can't horde up all the top future prospects in the draft if they aren't in Yahoo.

bsaza2358
03-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't need to horde them. Just want the option.

Creek
03-13-2008, 03:55 PM
I don't like Ward.

D-Unit
03-13-2008, 03:59 PM
I don't like Ward.
Creek's motivation for winning this league??? :rolleyes:

bsaza2358
03-13-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm just stoked that Creek is actually doing something...

Creek
03-13-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm just stoked that Creek is actually doing something...

I'm getting the MLB ticket this year so it should be fun to have an in-depth fantasy team to keep track of.

And I agree with that thing someone was saying back there about not liking Ward.

Xiomera
03-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Blah blah blah

D-Unit
03-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Blah blah blah
Someone is salty.

Creek
03-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Someone is salty.

He's as salty as (a) seaman (sic)

It's a *** joke, guys!

Xiomera
03-13-2008, 09:37 PM
I hope I get the #1 pick. I am spending it on Miggy.

Creek
03-13-2008, 09:38 PM
I hope I don't lose to a guy with his own personal Lost blog.

Xiomera
03-13-2008, 09:41 PM
I hope I don't lose to a guy with his own personal Lost blog.

You know you love me.

D-Unit
03-13-2008, 09:56 PM
I hope I get the #1 pick. I am spending it on Miggy.
*scribble scribble* Writing a letter to Mr. Yahoo Man telling him to give Xio the #1 pick.

Xiomera
03-13-2008, 10:02 PM
*scribble scribble* Writing a letter to Mr. Yahoo Man telling him to give Xio the #1 pick.

Thanks . . . I knew you were a good man.

D-Unit
03-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Updated the rules on the first page according to our recent discussions.

Number 10
03-15-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't even understand what the bickering is about-

You're all shooting for 2nd place anyway

D-Unit
03-15-2008, 04:35 PM

I'm actually interested to see who talks the most smack in this league. :rolleyes:

Bring it boyz! This is the big boy league. ;)

http://blogs.dailyillini.com/justbaseball/files/2007/06/lou1.jpg

bearsfan_51
03-15-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm going to see if I can draft only players from Venezuela.

Viva la revolution.

http://moralyluces.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/hugo-chavez.jpg

D-Unit
03-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Anybody want Grady Sizemore this year?

http://roundonline.com/fantasybaseball/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/baseballcartoon.gif

D-Unit
03-15-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm going to see if I can draft only players from Venezuela.

Viva la revolution.

http://moralyluces.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/hugo-chavez.jpg
With the first pick of the draft BF selects...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/owl4ever/starmometer2/venezuela3.jpg

JJJ888
03-16-2008, 06:35 PM
I am officially not allowing any New York Yankees to be on my team.

Number 10
03-16-2008, 07:29 PM
I am officially not allowing any New York Yankees to be on my team.

I love having guys like this in a league, makes it that much easier.

JJJ888
03-17-2008, 04:29 PM
I love having guys like this in a league, makes it that much easier.

Eh, I still managed to win my league last year while following the same policy.

Xiomera
03-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Eh, I still managed to win my league last year while following the same policy.

I remember the year you were in my annual league with a team called the Damon Haters. The consequence of not attending the draft was the auto-selection of Johnny Damon.

I do recall that you stuck with him all season too, haha.

D-Unit
03-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah, he did.... and I even offered trades for Damon that got refused. JJJ is just full of it. If he get's the #1 pick, he's taking A-Rod.

Xiomera
03-17-2008, 05:00 PM
I hope he gets the #1 pick now.

bsaza2358
03-17-2008, 05:01 PM
With the #1 pick in our league, I'd consider taking Hanley Ramirez. Younger, plenty of 5 category skill, upside, and the new Florida stadium could be great for him.

D-Unit
03-17-2008, 05:07 PM
With the #1 pick in our league, I'd consider taking Hanley Ramirez. Younger, plenty of 5 category skill, upside, and the new Florida stadium could be great for him.
Younger is not really a factor considering, I don't think A-Rod declines within the next 3 years, but that's arguable. A-Rod has plenty of 5 category (roto) power and a much better line up around him.

wingboy2999
03-17-2008, 07:01 PM
I am, infact, around. I've been on spring break so don't worry your pretty little heads.

Xiomera
03-18-2008, 01:52 PM
I plan on taking a page out of Yoda's book and drafting ALL pitchers in the first 10 rounds.

Prepare accordingly.

wingboy2999
03-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm doing my rankings right now.

wingboy2999
03-20-2008, 09:29 PM
This preranking sucks.

D-Unit
03-20-2008, 09:53 PM
This preranking sucks.
You actually don't have to prerank. ;)

wingboy2999
03-20-2008, 10:12 PM
You actually don't have to prerank. ;)

1. Your Mom
2. Miguel Cabrera
3. Xio's Mom

bearsfan_51
03-20-2008, 11:41 PM
1. Your Mom
2. Miguel Cabrera
3. Xio's Mom
That's ridiculous, Xio's Mom hits for power far more consistantly than Cabrera.

bearsfan_51
03-20-2008, 11:42 PM

Actually I'm shooting for last place. Viva Venezuela.

D-Unit
03-20-2008, 11:57 PM
That's ridiculous, Xio's Mom hits for power far more consistantly than Cabrera.
Yeah, but Cabrera has bigger tits.

Xiomera
03-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Who are you guys kidding. You're all *** as ****.

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 12:48 PM
REMINDER: The draft is tonight at 11 PM EST.

Xiomera
03-21-2008, 01:37 PM
I still don't agree with daily lineup adjustments. That is not typical of Roto.

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 02:29 PM
I still don't agree with daily lineup adjustments. That is not typical of Roto.
Oh like you're the expert?

Xiomera
03-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh like you're the expert?

Not an expert, just a guy who knows what makes sense and what doesn't.

Part of the point of Roto is to play the matchups for the entire week and try and assemble the best starting lineup possible to cover all of the categories scored.

Daily lineup transactions makes it so you have a player playing at every position every night. Takes all of the thinking out of it.

You and I both have never been in a Rot league, so I just assume we ought to stick with the conventional rules of Roto.

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Not an expert, just a guy who knows what makes sense and what doesn't.

Part of the point of Roto is to play the matchups for the entire week and try and assemble the best starting lineup possible to cover all of the categories scored.

Daily lineup transactions makes it so you have a player playing at every position every night. Takes all of the thinking out of it.

You and I both have never been in a Rot league, so I just assume we ought to stick with the conventional rules of Roto.
That is where I think your non-expert assumptions are incorrect. Daily line up changes still do not prevent strategizing trying to play the best starting line up to cover all of the categories scored. You will always want to do that. Daily changes allow you to make the best use of every player on your team rather than simply playing the best guys on your team week after week while the other players simply rot on the bench and do nothing. This method takes advantage of your whole roster. Instead of taking all the thinking out of it, it forces you to think on every game, every match up and every player who you plan to play. I don't get where you're taking this.

Also, I've consulted other guys in our league about the rules before I set it up. So it'd be quite naive of you to simply assume that I made this up on my own without seeking others who have had experience doing roto.

Just stop with your assumptions, complaining and trying to demean me by saying I have no experience with roto thus my decisions are stupid. You're really just annoying at this point. Shut up and adjust your mindset to the rules that have been in place for weeks now.

Xiomera
03-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Boy I am gonna enjoy beating you this year.

:rolleyes:

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Boy I am gonna enjoy beating you this year.

Your track history of doing that is not too good.

Xiomera
03-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Your track history of doing that is not too good.

Let's see . . . three years, you've won two, I have won one.

How is that not good? It ain't like I am getting shutout here.

Beating you will be so much more sweet seeing how cocky you are now.

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 09:30 PM
draft Is Starting Soon!!!!!

bearsfan_51
03-22-2008, 09:15 AM
And just a quick question because I'm fantasy sports ********, but do they score points for all non-bench positions (i.e.: Utility, general "pitchers") or for bench positions as well? The difference between the light shaded and the dark shaded players I suppose.

Xiomera
03-22-2008, 09:25 AM
And just a quick question because I'm fantasy sports ********, but do they score points for all non-bench positions (i.e.: Utility, general "pitchers") or for bench positions as well? The difference between the light shaded and the dark shaded players I suppose.

All players not in Bench slots have points scored for them. Utility and Pitcher slots count in the scoring.

bearsfan_51
03-22-2008, 09:29 AM
All players not in Bench slots have points scored for them. Utility and Pitcher slots count in the scoring.
Ok thanks. Well at least my batting lineup is stacked.

D-Unit
03-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Let's see . . . three years, you've won two, I have won one.

How is that not good? It ain't like I am getting shutout here.

Beating you will be so much more sweet seeing how cocky you are now.
WTF Dude? You're the cocky one. "Boy I am gonna enjoy beating you this year."

All I did was respond with truth. All I hear from you is complaining about the way this thing is set up. Enough already.

D-Unit
03-22-2008, 10:05 PM
BTW, the trade between Bsaza and I was an agreement we made during the draft. After he selected Hamilton, I offered him my next two picks for Hamilton and his next pick. So I made my picks after him telling me who he wanted and vice versa.

Xiomera
03-22-2008, 10:17 PM
WTF Dude? You're the cocky one. "Boy I am gonna enjoy beating you this year."

All I did was respond with truth. All I hear from you is complaining about the way this thing is set up. Enough already.

Number 10
03-25-2008, 09:18 AM
D is rather busy, trades trades trades

bsaza2358
03-25-2008, 09:50 AM
He and I negotiated a trade in 3 minutes after I picked up Hamilton. Craaaazy...

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm pumped for the league overall. I'm feeling good!

bsaza2358
03-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Eric Byrnes is on the block. If you could use 50 SB's and 25 HR, let me know what you will give up for him...

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2008, 11:05 AM
I'll give you some reliever that isn't a closer :P

bearsfan_51
03-25-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm pumped for the league overall. I'm feeling good!
I'd be happier if yahoo wouldn't have wasted all of my late-round picks on old and relatively worthless players. The fact that they drafted Curt Schilling over Dan Haren blows my ******* mind.

Oh well, that's what I get for not pre-ranking past 100.

Xiomera
03-25-2008, 11:34 AM
I have 5 closers to trade if anyone is interested. I'm looking for upgrades at OF and SP.

bsaza2358
03-25-2008, 11:35 AM
I'll give you some reliever that isn't a closer :P

Obviously, you have little idea how good Eric Byrnes is... or maybe you do...

D-Unit
03-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Jack Cust with 4 strikeouts!!! WOoooo!!!!

Oh wait... Cust isn't a pitcher... Damn.

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2008, 11:53 AM
I'd be happier if yahoo wouldn't have wasted all of my late-round picks on old and relatively worthless players. The fact that they drafted Curt Schilling over Dan Haren blows my ******* mind.

Oh well, that's what I get for not pre-ranking past 100.

Dan Haren drafted: Round 5

Curt Schilling drafted: Round 16.

djp
03-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, I got off to a nice start in ERA thanks to Mr. Street. Good thing he's an RP.

Thanks, Huston!

wingboy2999
03-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Just stop with your assumptions, complaining and trying to demean me by saying I have no experience with roto thus my decisions are stupid. You're really just annoying at this point. Shut up and adjust your mindset to the rules that have been in place for weeks now.

Oh snap-diddly-dap.

Shane P. Hallam
03-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Solid first outing. Though does anyone know what is up with the early standings?

djp
03-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Solid first outing. Though does anyone know what is up with the early standings?

What do you mean? 65 is where everyone starts... then you get points for whatever place you are in the league for each category. They look fine to me..

D-Unit
03-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Dan Haren drafted: Round 5

Curt Schilling drafted: Round 16.
Rich Harden: Round 21 :D

Xiomera
04-01-2008, 01:26 PM
First Place Homies!

bsaza2358
04-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Biggest riser after the first full day, beyotches!

Xiomera
04-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Biggest riser after the first full day, beyotches!

Uh . . . my +45 > your +28 . . .

bsaza2358
04-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Not if we're playing golf...

Xiomera
04-01-2008, 07:42 PM
I gotta be more careful . . . I benched Tulowitzki for no reason today . . . ugh.

Shane P. Hallam
04-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Get ready Xio. I will come after you!

bearsfan_51
04-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Stupid baseball for taking my Pujols homer away..what a bunch of ...*grumbles incoherently*

bearsfan_51
04-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Rich Harden: Round 21 :D
Yeah that's what I meant, Harden, not Haren. I cleaned out the entire bottom of my draft because Yahoo did such a ****** job.

Xiomera
04-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Get ready Xio. I will come after you!

I am shaking in my boots . . . I think my defeat of you in last year's mod league speaks for itself. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

bsaza2358
04-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah that's what I meant, Harden, not Haren. I cleaned out the entire bottom of my draft because Yahoo did such a ****** job.

That's what you get for letting Yahoo draft for you.

JJJ888
04-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Trips finally emerging from the cellar...watch out whoever's in 8th place. I'm coming for you.

Xiomera
04-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Trips finally emerging from the cellar...watch out whoever's in 8th place. I'm coming for you.

This is a 12 man team, you know that right? Why #8? Aim higher . . . like #2.

#1 is reserved for me of course.

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2008, 07:44 AM
I am shaking in my boots . . . I think my defeat of you in last year's mod league speaks for itself. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Don't worry, I'll be moving from 12th to first! Haha!

toonsterwu
04-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Xio, I think you have to catch me first

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Ouch. Toon coming out with the trash talk.

toonsterwu
04-09-2008, 08:25 AM
It's not trash talk if it's the truth. That said, Xio does work hard trying to get my talent, so maybe he understands where the quality is.

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2008, 08:26 AM
I think Xio does. I expect him to be crying on a street corner right now cause he is in 2nd.

toonsterwu
04-09-2008, 08:30 AM
He's in 2nd to me in his own league as well. That said, I'll go through a midsummer lull which will cause me to drop back at some point, and I'll work hard to climb back into 3rd or 4th place by year's end. That's the way it almost always goes for me.

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2008, 08:32 AM
I feel ya. Similar here, though last I kept up more than usual.

Number 10
04-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Nate McClouth and I are slowly but surely creeping up.

JJJ888
04-09-2008, 11:15 PM
This is a 12 man team, you know that right? Why #8? Aim higher . . . like #2.

#1 is reserved for me of course.

8's my lucky number.

Xiomera
04-10-2008, 07:42 AM
He's in 2nd to me in his own league as well. That said, I'll go through a midsummer lull which will cause me to drop back at some point, and I'll work hard to climb back into 3rd or 4th place by year's end. That's the way it almost always goes for me.

Time for my trash talk . . .

Toon finished 9 out of 10 in my league last year. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

This isn't always how it goes, brother. haha

Xiomera
04-10-2008, 07:45 AM
I think Xio does. I expect him to be crying on a street corner right now cause he is in 2nd.

Yeah, and your mother is there to comfort me. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

wingboy2999
04-10-2008, 10:58 AM
...ouch....

toonsterwu
04-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Wait, Xio, honest question, I was in your league last year? I honestly didn't know that. I was almost certain I skipped fantasy baseball last year, as I never once remembered checking in on anything fantasy related, as I was quite busy all last spring to fall and didn't have constant internet access.

btw, uh

This isn't always how it goes, brother. haha

I don't get that, considering that I said almost in my statement.

Xiomera
04-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Wait, Xio, honest question, I was in your league last year? I honestly didn't know that. I was almost certain I skipped fantasy baseball last year, as I never once remembered checking in on anything fantasy related, as I was quite busy all last spring to fall and didn't have constant internet access.

btw, uh

I don't get that, considering that I said almost in my statement.

Toon, you can view the history of our league from the front page where the standings are. You can click on the "All Time" tab and it will show you the standings from previous years.

In '05, you placed 8 of 12
In '06, you placed 3 of 10
In '07, you placed 9 of 10

Don't worry about it man. I am just messin with you. I know you weren't heavily involved last year for the second half of the year.

D-Unit
04-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Toon, you can view the history of our league from the front page where the standings are. You can click on the "All Time" tab and it will show you the standings from previous years.

In '05, you placed 8 of 12
In '06, you placed 3 of 10
In '07, you placed 9 of 10

Don't worry about it man. I am just messin with you. I know you weren't heavily involved last year for the second half of the year.
I'm interested to see this year who stops caring after they figure out they have no chance. Happens every year....

JJJ888
04-10-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm interested to see this year who stops caring after they figure out they have no chance. Happens every year....

I'm gonna go with...

myself. Especially since I have barely any internet over the summer.

Xiomera
04-11-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm gonna go with...

myself. Especially since I have barely any internet over the summer.

I call dibs on all your good players when that time comes.

wingboy2999
04-11-2008, 07:33 PM
I call dibs on your mom!

djp
04-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Good god, my hitting is unbelievably terrible right now. They better freaking come around soon, or it's mortgage time in DJP land.

I think I got caught up a little too much on the whole dynasty thing...

Xiomera
04-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Good god, my hitting is unbelievably terrible right now. They better freaking come around soon, or it's mortgage time in DJP land.

I think I got caught up a little too much on the whole dynasty thing...

Yeah, top prospects are going to be almost entirely irrelevant to success in this league with the way it is set up for a 3 year run.

I just cut Jay Bruce. Keeping him serves no purpose.

JJJ888
04-13-2008, 11:57 PM
I find it interesting that nearly everyone in this league joined in the winter of 2005...

Number 10
04-14-2008, 08:26 AM
I sent you a counter offer BF

Xiomera
04-14-2008, 10:04 AM
I find it interesting that nearly everyone in this league joined in the winter of 2005...

Obviously a conspiracy . . . ooh goody, I love secret, behind the scenes plotting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

bsaza2358
04-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Hmm... the people who have been dedicated to the site the longest being invited into a league together... who would've thought!

djp
04-14-2008, 02:13 PM
ahaha I hate my team soo much right now.

Whatever, not gonna give up. Victorino going down hurts (although he wasn't hitting or stealing regardless).

Number 10
04-14-2008, 03:28 PM
BF 51-

You need a lesson in trade negotiations.

Your need for bullpen help is unlike I have ever seen before. It is scary bad for you right now.

Why on God's earth would I send you a fair value trade offer with the knowledge that you are in desparate mode right now? If you can find a trading partner dumb enough to give you a fair value deal, then good for you but I'm not gonna be that guy.

My bullpen is going to keep near the top and should I find another hitter for cheap, I'll be golden.

D-Unit
04-14-2008, 03:47 PM
BF 51-

Your need for bullpen help is unlike I have ever seen before. It is scary bad for you right now.

Why on God's earth would I send you a fair value trade offer with the knowledge that you are in desparate mode right now? If you can find a trading partner dumb enough to give you a fair value deal, then good for you but I'm not gonna be that guy.

My bullpen is going to keep near the top and should I find another hitter for cheap, I'll be golden.
Another trade negotiation gone bad... It does suck when you spend time considering trades and nothing happens.

I love the competitiveness of this league! :D

Xiomera
04-14-2008, 03:50 PM
BF 51-

I ran into a similar problem when BF wanted one of my many RP earlier in the year . . .

Damn you Kenny Rogers. You cost me 1st place today.

wingboy2999
04-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Too bad BF51 isn't around to read it, haha.

toonsterwu
04-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Interesting trade between djp and xio.

djp
04-14-2008, 08:33 PM

You know, I am pretty high on Conor Jackson this year, and I'm struggling in ERA and WHIP a bit, and in decent shape in K's. I thought it was a pretty even deal, especially since I'm last and/or second to last in every offensive category.

Xiomera
04-14-2008, 08:41 PM

Pretty simple really . . . I need K's.

I like Jackson, but I have Pena and Nick Johnson at 1B too.

D-Unit
04-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I need Runs... if anyone has some extra, hit me up.

JJJ888
04-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Xio/wingy--why isn't my sig working?

bearsfan_51
04-15-2008, 02:19 AM
Just read it. We'll see how things turn out in the end. You act like you're the only person I'm talking to.

By the way, you're hitting is ****, so unless you fix that you have no chance at winning either. At least Xio built a team where he can sit and do nothing and be competitive. Yahoo essentially drafted most of my team, hence only one closer for the time being.

bearsfan_51
04-15-2008, 02:30 AM
I also find it interesting that I'm apparently desperate, but you're the one that needs to chastise me on an internet forum. If you're so golden why do you feel the need to convince me how right you are? Just hope that Ryan comes back and Gagne doesn't continue to suck his way out of the league.

Number 10
04-15-2008, 09:02 AM
I also find it interesting that I'm apparently desperate, but you're the one that needs to chastise me on an internet forum. If you're so golden why do you feel the need to convince me how right you are? Just hope that Ryan comes back and Gagne doesn't continue to suck his way out of the league.

Chastise? That's a little strong there BF, not sure where you're getting that one from.

And I feel the need to tell you what's going on because it didn't seem like the message was getting through to you via our trade offer messages.

wingboy2999
04-15-2008, 12:34 PM
BF51 back for the trash talking. Oh yeah.

djp
04-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Thoughts on me and BF's trade?

M. Cabrera
G. Meche
B. Lidge

for

C. Young (OF)
C. Jones
L. Berkman

D-Unit
04-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Thoughts on me and BF's trade?

M. Cabrera
G. Meche
B. Lidge

for

C. Young (OF)
C. Jones
L. Berkman
That's great value for Miggy who is actually a buy low candidate. You easily win out on that one.

bearsfan_51
04-15-2008, 08:24 PM
There's no question you win on pure value, but I think it will help my team in the long run, if not for right now as well. I obviously needed a closer to have any chance at winning, and this gives me more flexibility at the bottom of my roster.

Hopefully it's win-win for both sides.

Worse case scenario I have Pujols and Cabrera for the next 3 years. The new bash brothers.

D-Unit
04-15-2008, 10:00 PM
There's no question you win on pure value, but I think it will help my team in the long run, if not for right now as well. I obviously needed a closer to have any chance at winning, and this gives me more flexibility at the bottom of my roster.

Hopefully it's win-win for both sides.

Worse case scenario I have Pujols and Cabrera for the next 3 years. The new bash brothers.
Yeah, I guess you'll still have that. But still, I think you got caught at a weak time cause when I asked for those guys I got the impression that they were very tough to get. I'm surprised Meche and Lidge carried that much weight for you.

bearsfan_51
04-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I guess you'll still have that. But still, I think you got caught at a weak time cause when I asked for those guys I got the impression that they were very tough to get. I'm surprised Meche and Lidge carried that much weight for you.
If I were to break it down dollar amount, I'd say that Miggy is about 31, Lidge 25, and Meche 16. I'd say Berkman is about a 28, Chipper a 26, and Chris Young a 25.

Over the next three years the arrow is up for Miggy and Young, probably down or even for everyone else. Chipper should experience the most serious decline.

The biggest impetus for me to make the trade was the feeling that I could replace outfield production, but was likely only pulling straws to find another closer (which will completely fall apart again if Valverde continues to suck). It's entirely dependent upon Miggy rebounding, my two closers staying consistant and healthy (at least enough to pick up a few points and help drop my ERA/WHIP), and finding adequate replacements for avg and picking up a few points with stolen bases. I'll lose a little bit in homers, but with Pujols, Cabrera, Hafner, and Beltran, I think I'll be ok there.

We'll see, like I've said before, I didn't draft this team and was never thrilled with the results, so I'm not bound to any one player. It's not a team that will likely win, but I knew that going in, I was just far too lazy to prerank that many players and didn't anticipate there being a massive run on closers.

The whole thing was screwed up with people being there for the draft having the advantage of seeing how the board went. Maybe not having it at 11pm on a Friday next time would be a good idea.

D-Unit
04-16-2008, 01:03 AM
The whole thing was screwed up with people being there for the draft having the advantage of seeing how the board went. Maybe not having it at 11pm on a Friday next time would be a good idea.Honestly, I tried to find the best time that I could to accommodate as many people as I could within the remaining time slots Yahoo had available. It really took me a while to gather you all together. It wasn't fast or easy. I really wanted an elite group for this, so I waited for some of you and asked multiple times. 11PM wasn't ideal, but it was the best I could do. Next year, will be much better as we will know the posters who will participate.

Shane P. Hallam
04-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Well, I'm in dead last...by a lot...

I don't think my team is horrible, just young. If Joba does get a job in the rotation, and I can find some RPs somewhere, I feel like I can do SOMETHING. My aces, especially Sabathia, is blowing. I don't know what to do :(

Number 10
04-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Well, I'm in dead last...by a lot...

I don't think my team is horrible, just young. If Joba does get a job in the rotation, and I can find some RPs somewhere, I feel like I can do SOMETHING. My aces, especially Sabathia, is blowing. I don't know what to do :(

Accepting my trade offer could be a start

JJJ888
04-24-2008, 12:25 PM
And Trips continues his Branden Albert-like rise up the fantasy baseball rankings...from last place to 3rd place in just 3 weeks.

Shane P. Hallam
04-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Accepting my trade offer could be a start

Your trade offer was one of the worst things I've seen.

djp
04-24-2008, 12:38 PM
JBond, sent you an offer. PM me if you don't like it, or make a counter offer. I think it's pretty even

Shane P. Hallam
04-24-2008, 12:43 PM
I'll take a look more closely, but I really don't need OF help, and Kazmir is set to come off the DL soon. I just don't know why I would do it.

djp
04-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Helton and DeWitt at UTIL? You need help there...

We're in last and second to last, we could use a decent shakeup

D-Unit
04-24-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm interested in trade talk. PM me if you like any of my guys. My team is doing good, but I could use a shake up as well.

Looking to improve my hitting.

JJJ888
04-25-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm interested in trade talk. PM me if you like any of my guys. My team is doing good, but I could use a shake up as well.

Looking to improve my hitting.

What you really mean is that one of the former low lifes of the league has now passed you and is now half a point away from first place.

D-Unit
04-25-2008, 12:27 PM
What you really mean is that one of the former low lifes of the league has now passed you and is now half a point away from first place.
Don't give yourself too much credit. You're still a low life. :)

D-Unit
04-30-2008, 04:59 AM
I wanna make some deals.

Xiomera
04-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Anyone who wants Saves should PM me. I have Rivera, Wagner, Wilson, etc. to trade for a guy that will get me Stolen Bases and Runs.

bsaza2358
05-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I have Eric Byrnes. He can be had for the right price. Don't necessarily need a closer.

JJJ888
05-01-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm looking to add some decent starting pitching to my roster...I've got a couple of productive players available. PM me.

bearsfan_51
05-01-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm tired of watching Hafner slump. I normally don't believe in selling low, but as an Indians fan its just depressing to me right now. Don't come at me with crap though, I'm aggrivated but not desperate.

Xiomera
05-02-2008, 09:49 AM
I NEED A SHORTSTOP!

If you have one to deal me, shoot me a PM please. I can trade you a closer or an OF.

Shane P. Hallam
05-14-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm out of the basement! Up to 10th! I'm gunning for toonster next. Step aside everyone.

Xiomera
05-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Rivera, Wagner, and Sherrill are available in a trade.

I want to improve in these categories: SB, R, K

JJJ888
05-15-2008, 12:03 PM
I'd like to move a few pieces around...looking for SB, W, ERA, and K...so basically either a quality starting pitcher or base stealer. I'm willing to deal anyone on my roster outside of Ortiz, Shields, Holliday, and Lee.

Xiomera
05-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Bumped this from page 2 . . .

Anyone need a closer? I need to improve my Runs scored. I'm looking for 1B help.

Xiomera
05-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Anyone who wants to upgrade at OF or Closer should talk to me.

Trade block:
-Mariano Rivera, Billy Wagner, George Sherrill, Brian Wilson
-Ryan Ludwick, Pat Burrell, Jack Cust, Carlos Quentin
-Mike Napoli, Carlos Pena

Looking for SP.

djp
05-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Wooo I got Kershaw!

Xiomera
05-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Wooo I got Kershaw!

What was your waiver priority? And who exactly was JBond waiting to use his on? haha

Shane P. Hallam
05-27-2008, 01:35 PM
It's a long season.

D-Unit
05-27-2008, 01:36 PM
I screwed up ROYALLY. But I've already gotten over it. I used my #3 waiver on Chris Perez. LOLZZZZZZZZZZZ! Stupid mistake where I got caught not thinking.

I'd feel worse if I was Bond though. Cause I never had the #1 priority. haha.

Xiomera
05-27-2008, 03:25 PM
It's a long season.

And you just passed on the best prospect in the minor leagues with a chance to make an impact this season and for the future.

I would have preferred Kershaw to Scherzer, but I didn't feel like waiting.

djp
05-27-2008, 03:27 PM
I was at waiver 4. I figured JBond was the only one ahead who might have picked him up seeing the other 2 aren't that active.

bearsfan_51
05-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Hello Jay Bruce.

Thanks Xio.

Xiomera
05-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Hello Jay Bruce.

Thanks Xio.

I have more OF's than I know what to do with. Enjoy him, but he is no more valuable than the likes of Quentin, Markakis, and Ludwick.

D-Unit
06-04-2008, 12:11 PM
I need an extra OF/UTL man. Anyone like any of my players?

Xiomera
06-11-2008, 01:57 PM
I need a Starting Pitcher . . . anyone have one to deal?

All of my closers are available.

M.O.T.H.
06-11-2008, 02:08 PM
How do the standings look in your guys league?

I've been sitting in 3rd in Jug's league for about a month and a half.

D-Unit
06-11-2008, 02:19 PM
How do the standings look in your guys league?

I've been sitting in 3rd in Jug's league for about a month and a half.
It's rotisserie style.

1. D-Unit: 101 pts
2. Xiomera: 98 pts
3. Wingboy2999: 80 pts
4. Number 10: 71 pts
5. djp4516: 70.5 pts
6. JJJ888: 60 pts
7. JBond93: 58 pts
8. Bsaza: 57 pts
9. Bearsfan_51: 56.5 pts
10. Toonsterwu: 53 pts
11. Charm City Byrdgang: 39.5 pts
12. Creekeagles: 35.5 pts

djp
06-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Putz leaves in the middle of a save opportunity with an elbow injury today. Wonderful.

M.O.T.H.
06-11-2008, 02:23 PM
You and Xio always seem to be near the top in all these fantasy leagues. haha. Xio is also second in Jug's league right now, I think. Good work there. :)

djp
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
I think a big reason for it is that they are relentless trade partners.. it's no secret they put the upmost effort into their teams...

Smart drafting also is a key factor, haha.

D-Unit
06-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I think a big reason for it is that they are relentless trade partners.. it's no secret they put the upmost effort into their teams...

Smart drafting also is a key factor, haha.
Who ever gets the most "Damn you!"s during the draft usually wins. LOL. :D

M.O.T.H.
06-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Who ended up w/ Volquez?

I used my #1 waiver on Cueto...meh.

D-Unit
06-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Who ended up w/ Volquez?

I used my #1 waiver on Cueto...meh.
I acquired him via trade with Bsaza.

M.O.T.H.
06-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I acquired him via trade with Bsaza.

nice...I was pissed that I missed my chance to get him.

Xiomera
06-11-2008, 07:33 PM
You and Xio always seem to be near the top in all these fantasy leagues. haha. Xio is also second in Jug's league right now, I think. Good work there. :)

Well, this is the 4th year running or my league, and D and I have each placed in the top 3 every year, and we are 1 and 2 again this year.

It all starts with good drafting.

D-Unit
06-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Well, this is the 4th year running or my league, and D and I have each placed in the top 3 every year, and we are 1 and 2 again this year.

It all starts with good drafting.
What's ironic is that I feel like I screwed up big time in drafting Tulowitzki in your league and in my league, you drafted him. Funny stuff.

Xiomera
06-12-2008, 09:51 AM
What's ironic is that I feel like I screwed up big time in drafting Tulowitzki in your league and in my league, you drafted him. Funny stuff.

I wasn't a big fan, but in a keeper league, he was the best option.

His injury hasn't hurt my team much. Theriot does well enough in the mean time.

Go Cowboys
06-14-2008, 01:56 PM
How do the standings look in your league?

D-Unit
06-14-2008, 01:59 PM
How do the standings look in your league?
1. D-Unit 101
2. Xiomera 95
3. Wingboy2999 85.5
4. djp4516 71.5
5. Number 10 71
6. JJJ888 59.5
7. Bearsfan_51 57
7. JBond93 57
9. Bsaza 54.5
10. Toonsterwu 54
11. Charm City Byrdgang 37.5
12. Creekeagles 36.5

Why do you ask?

M.O.T.H.
06-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Charlie Morton...pick him up. Well, tomorrow you can pick him up, after he dominates the Angels tonight. :)

Go Cowboys
06-14-2008, 02:24 PM
1. D-Unit 101
2. Xiomera 95
3. Wingboy2999 85.5
4. djp4516 71.5
5. Number 10 71
6. JJJ888 59.5
7. Bearsfan_51 57
7. JBond93 57
9. Bsaza 54.5
10. Toonsterwu 54
11. Charm City Byrdgang 37.5
12. Creekeagles 36.5

Why do you ask?
Just was wondering how you guys were doing. I'm in first in my league and was trying to see where I would stack up in this league

djp
06-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Just was wondering how you guys were doing. I'm in first in my league and was trying to see where I would stack up in this league

I dunno how that would really work considering some of your players are probably on another team and the standings are based purely on the ranks within the league, haha. If it was pts only, we would have a better barometer.

D-Unit
06-18-2008, 04:43 AM
Just wanted to say that I'm really impressed with this Rotisserie style of play. I love it! Makes me feel more like a GM than the pts style. ...and H2H absolutely stinks! I mean... just the fact that you need to have a balanced team makes it so much more interesting. You gotta weigh your options out and players that aren't so popular in pts leagues are important here. It's been interesting and a lot more fun that I thought. There's so much more than I just mentioned, but yeah, I like this. There's the battle between holding onto prospects and older proven veterans... watching prospects develop and not having to worry about giving them up. That's cool.

D-Unit
06-18-2008, 04:55 AM
For those not in the league here's my team. What should I do to improve it?

C Miguel Olivo / Victor Martinez (DL)
1B James Loney / Kevin Millar / Travis Hafner (DL)
2B Ian Kinsler / Alexi Casilla
SS Hanley Ramirez
3B Evan Longoria
OF Ryan Braun / Chase Headley / Eric Byrnes (DL)
OF Josh Hamilton / Carlos Gonzalez
OF Rick Ankiel / Brandon Jones
UTIL Jose Guillen
UTIL Michael Bourn

C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, 3 OF, 2 UTIL

SP Cole Hamels
SP Edinson Volquez
SP Rich Harden
RP Francisco Rodriguez / Kerry Wood
RP Todd Jones / Soloman Torres
P Joe Saunders
P Clay Bucholtz
P Randy Johnson
P Manny Parra
P Josh Banks
P Kyle Davies
P Hong Chih-Kuo

3 SP, 2 RP, 3 P

12 Total Bench Spots

M.O.T.H.
06-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Pick up Jorge Campillo or Charlie Morton if available. Davies...gross.

D-Unit
06-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Pick up Jorge Campillo or Charlie Morton if available. Davies...gross.
Don't hate on Davies... Don't look now, he might've turned the corner!

I picked up Morton, but I have doubts about him. I'm blaming you if he burns me. 8)

djp
06-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Am I the only one who's wondering

1. why JBond dropped Ryan Zimmerman?
2. why I was able to pick him up @ 10th in the waivers?

Injury or not, he's still one of the best young 3B in baseball and this IS a keeper league.. the fact that I was able to PICK him up as a FA is a little strange to me.

Maybe I just like Ryan Zimmerman a lot.

Xiomera
06-24-2008, 01:10 PM

Injury or not, he's still one of the best young 3B in baseball and this IS a keeper league.. the fact that I was able to PICK him up as a FA is a little strange to me.

Evidently I was not paying much attention. I missed it completely.

JBond's wacky roster management continues . . .

bearsfan_51
06-26-2008, 11:00 AM

Trash...treasure...all that. I was suprised that Delmon Young cleared waivers too after you cut him. I already have 5 outfielders but figured it was worth the risk. The guy was the best prospect in baseball not too long ago.

But my team is about 90% rookies at this point anyway, so it's not like there's much to lose.

djp
06-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Trash...treasure...all that. I was suprised that Delmon Young cleared waivers too after you cut him. I already have 5 outfielders but figured it was worth the risk. The guy was the best prospect in baseball not too long ago.

But my team is about 90% rookies at this point anyway, so it's not like there's much to lose.

I've never had Delmon Young in D's league, he's currently on my bench in Xio's league. Therefore, I could never have dropped him. The only drop I regret was Ryan Ludwick, I didn't think he'd keep his pace up and he has

bearsfan_51
06-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Number 10 dropped him. My bad.

D-Unit
06-27-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm looking to make trades if anyone is interested.

D-Unit
07-10-2008, 12:38 AM
CCB, why did you quit? I know Toonster and Creek are MIA, but you're around everyday. You used to be one of the best Fantasy competitors. What happened?

D-Unit
07-19-2008, 04:01 AM
Someone's making a move to take the top spot. oh oh

Xiomera
07-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Someone's making a move to take the top spot. oh oh

Yeah . . . go get him Wingy! http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Xiomera
07-28-2008, 10:06 AM
For those of you looking ahead to next season, I am willing to deal Max Scherzer, Matt Capps, Joel Zumaya, Troy Tulowitzki, and Adam Wainwright.

I'm looking for a base stealer for this season. Preferrably an infielder.

djp
07-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I am willing to go both ways on that. Probably not going to make a comeback this year, but I'm in decent position. I will consider all offers.

bearsfan_51
07-28-2008, 03:51 PM
I would sell, but almost all of my positional players sans Jeter and Polanco are under 30. So I guess if someone wants Polanco he's for sale, hahaha...Brad Hawpe too if there's a reasonable offer.

I'd sell some older pitchers but less face it, there's nothing to replace them with.

D-Unit
08-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Anyone interested in Clay Bucholtz?

Xiomera
08-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Anyone interested in Clay Bucholtz?

Ooo! Ooo! Pick me! Pick me! Over here! Ahh! Please, please please . . . !

D-Unit
08-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Ooo! Ooo! Pick me! Pick me! Over here! Ahh! Please, please please . . . !

Well that took a lot of effort to write. Looks neato!

Xiomera
08-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Well that took a lot of effort to write. Looks neato!

I didn't think adding color was necessary.

I'll give you Joel Zumaya.

D-Unit
08-08-2008, 01:07 PM
I didn't think adding color was necessary.

I'll give you Joel Zumaya.
Wow, color would've made it supercalafragalisticexpialadocioius!

Send me the offer.

Xiomera
08-10-2008, 08:54 PM
D, are we looking at any replacement managers for next year?

Toonster has been inactive since May . . .

bearsfan_51
08-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Can't say I understand why Wingy would make that trade. That's two trades in a row for Xio that look like robberies.

Xiomera
08-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Can't say I understand why Wingy would make that trade. That's two trades in a row for Xio that look like robberies.

How is Burrell for Victorino robbery? It's a classic Power for Speed swap . . . He needed HR/RBI, and I needed Steals. Not to mention Burrell's very nice OBP.

djp
08-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Pat Burrell has more homers than anyone on your team BF... Victorino is purely a steals guy...

D-Unit
08-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Well, that's why you have the power to veto the trade.

D-Unit
08-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Pat Burrell has more homers than anyone on your team BF... Victorino is purely a steals guy...
I didn't have any problems with your trade. Wingy's on the other hand...

I don't get that one at all. Do you?

bearsfan_51
08-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Well the R/RBI differential is pretty negligable between Victorino and Burrell. I would just personally value steals over home runs in this particular league. The fact that Burrell will be 33 next year makes it in my mind. Then again if Victorino stops stealing for whatever reason his value is next to nothing, so I can see each side.

The other trade must come down to a sell high on Dye being as old as he is, but I'm not sure the upgrade of Phillips over Roberts + Nolasco is worth it. I can understand it though.

Anyway, congrats on winning the league it would appear.

D-Unit
08-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Yeah, Congrats Xio!

bearsfan_51
08-12-2008, 11:47 PM

A steals guy that is 27 and has an OBP over .350 is nothing to sneeze at, he's ranked above Burrell for a reason. Then again, if you wanted HR's that much by all means.

Xiomera
08-13-2008, 09:35 AM
My take on my deal with Wingy:

Phillips for Roberts is similar to the Burrell for Victorino deal. In this case, I was sacrificing HR/RBI from Phillips to get a bump in Runs scored with Roberts. Phillips is 4 years younger and the best player/keeper in the deal. Clearly I am going for the "Win Now" approach and ignoring concerns of age. Dye is 34 years old. Willingham is young and improving. His numbers would probably look a lot closer to Dye's if he had not been injured early in the season for a while.

Nolasco is a pretty decent starter. He's young. Strikes a lot of guys out. I offered Wingy his choice of Nolasco, Baker, Garza, and Guthrie. He went with the highest win total and K total guy.

The End

bearsfan_51
08-13-2008, 01:26 PM
That's cool, I wasn't planning on vetoing it or anything, I just didn't understand. Dye could fall off next year, I can see that.

D-Unit
08-13-2008, 01:55 PM
The wonderful thing about this league is that there are not enough active people in it that would put together enough votes to actually veto a trade. LOL.

So there's no sense anyways.

Creek is definitely out next year. Probably Toonster as well. Charm and Jbond are borderline.

Xiomera
08-13-2008, 01:57 PM
The wonderful thing about this league is that there are not enough active people in it that would put together enough votes to actually veto a trade. LOL.

So there's no sense anyways.

Creek is definitely out next year. Probably Toonster as well. Charm and Jbond are borderline.

I think Toonster has moved on from his days of NFLDC participation. He will be out of my league next year sadly. He was among the originals. There are some really knowledgable people that could be recruited for this league. Perhaps replacing the bottom third of the standings every year is a good way to motivate people and keep things competitive.

D-Unit
08-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I think Toonster has moved on from his days of NFLDC participation. He will be out of my league next year sadly. He was among the originals. There are some really knowledgable people that could be recruited for this league. Perhaps replacing the bottom third of the standings every year is a good way to motivate people and keep things competitive.
I don't mind if they are low in the standings as long as they are active. Like, I don't care if someone wants to tank the season so they can pick first (for some dumb reason) or whatevers... just stay active. Make moves to improve your team. Anyone with less than 10 moves on the season and not in the top half is a goner.

Shane P. Hallam
08-13-2008, 02:59 PM
I was good for awhile, but my lack of fantasy baseball knowledge got to me. Damn!

D-Unit
08-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Evan Longoria could be finding a new home soon. ;)

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Anyone want Brendan Morrow or Max Scherzer? Good young studs for the future.

bearsfan_51
08-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Anyone want Brendan Morrow or Max Scherzer? Good young studs for the future.

Yeah go ahead and cut them and I'll pick them up, thanks.

I wish my pitching was doing this well all season. I coulda been a contenda!!

D-Unit
08-20-2008, 08:57 PM

I'm pleased by the way my first season went. My strategy in the draft was to get young players who could be staples for my team for many years to come, thus I ended up with players like V-Mart, Loney, Kinsler, Hanley, Longoria, Hamilton, Headley, Pearce, K-Rod, Liriano, Bucholtz, Harden, Parra, Slowey and Felix Pie. Scattered them with some vets, but I didn't expect to rise to the top this season. I had a good run at the top spot, but have fallen too far behind now. If I can finish 2nd, and still have my core pieces in tact, then I'm ready to go for the gusto next season... after learning some things this year. All in all, had lots of fun with this system. Hopefully, getting rid of some deadbeat owners will improve the league further next season.

Xiomera
08-20-2008, 09:13 PM

OK, I will cut them. But you gotta cut Miggy (though I am still not sure he's of the caliber of players that Bond is waiting to use his #1 waiver priority on . . . ).

D-Unit
08-20-2008, 09:19 PM
OK, I will cut them. But you gotta cut Miggy (though I am still not sure he's of the caliber of players that Bond is waiting to use his #1 waiver priority on . . . ).
Bond wasn't waiting. He was just inactive.

bearsfan_51
08-20-2008, 09:21 PM
No he said he was waiting for someone else when he passed on Kershaw, which honestly, I can't blame him. Now, if he passes on David Price....

D-Unit
08-20-2008, 09:29 PM
No he said he was waiting for someone else when he passed on Kershaw, which honestly, I can't blame him. Now, if he passes on David Price....
So he was was willing to wait just for the chance that Price would get called up in late Sept? If he doesn't get called up, then he'll have wasted that priority the whole time he had it. Cause it resets after the season.

bearsfan_51
09-09-2008, 09:48 PM
My team is primed for next season. Absolutely disgusting numbers the last month, 6 homers tonight alone. If my ERA weren't 5.00+ in April and May my pitching would probably be middle of the pack by now. And to think it only took 100 moves to get a team I like.

D-Unit
09-09-2008, 10:08 PM
My team is primed for next season. Absolutely disgusting numbers the last month, 6 homers tonight alone. If my ERA weren't 5.00+ in April and May my pitching would probably be middle of the pack by now. And to think it only took 100 moves to get a team I like.
Yeah, your batting looks solid for next year.