PDA

View Full Version : 7 round mock draft

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 04:13 PM
I basically plugged in the best guys available in rounds 5-7.

As for "this team doesn't have such and such a round pick" this mock draft was made through mymockdraft.com, so the creators of that website need to update the draft order.

http://www.imprintsnflmockdraft.com

defensiveback23
03-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I don't like the Chargers draft. Cromarite is a very good pick unless Kenny Phillips is on the board, which he is. I can't see us passing on Phillips for anybody. We do not have a 4th round pick, it was used on Paul Oliver in the supplemental draft. We do not need a FB because Pinnock is good and the position is being phased out of the offense. We also don't need anymore LBs.

Good effort though :).

fischbowl
03-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Bills:

1) Rivers: LB isn't really a need anymore with the Mitchell signing
2) Flowers: Good Pick. He's an excellent cover-2 corner
3) Greco: I love it.
3) Highsmith: No Longer Our Pick Anymore
4) Slaton: Our Team is Stacked with RB's
5) Rucker: Good Pick. He won't be around in Round 5 but what the hey?
6) Simpson: Perfect WR for our offense
7) Thompson: Good Pick

It looks like you started out pre-Mitchell/Stroud so I'll give you a pass on the LB's/3rd rounder.

Good work

vidae
03-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Not a bad Chiefs draft. I like the first 4 rounds a lot.

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 04:25 PM
I don't like the Chargers draft. Cromarite is a very good pick unless Kenny Phillips is on the board, which he is. I can't see us passing on Phillips for anybody. We do not have a 4th round pick, it was used on Paul Oliver in the supplemental draft. We do not need a FB because Pinnock is good and the position is being phased out of the offense. We also don't need anymore LBs.

Good effort though :).I believe that was a 5th rounder they used on Oliver.

Also, from what I've heard, Phillips is starting to drop a bit, and taking him at 27 would be too early of a pick on him.

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Bills:

1) Rivers: LB isn't really a need anymore with the Mitchell signing
2) Flowers: Good Pick. He's an excellent cover-2 corner
3) Greco: I love it.
3) Highsmith: No Longer Our Pick Anymore
4) Slaton: Our Team is Stacked with RB's
5) Rucker: Good Pick. He won't be around in Round 5 but what the hey?
6) Simpson: Perfect WR for our offense
7) Thompson: Good Pick

It looks like you started out pre-Mitchell/Stroud so I'll give you a pass on the LB's/3rd rounder.

Good workAh, you're right. Who do the Bills have for backup running backs though? Lynch is the only running back I know on their roster off the top of my head since they released Anthony Thomas.

Sniper
03-12-2008, 04:27 PM
For ****'S SAKE STOP GIVING THE EAGLES DESEAN JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would we want a "deep threat" that couldn't even average 12 ypc this year? Great, he runs a 4.2, 4.3. He's also 5'9, 160 lbs soaking wet, avoids contact at all costs. He's not the "deep threat" he's made out to be. So basically, the Eagles are going to draft a punt returner in the first round? We're not the Dolphins

OT, WLB, CB, S whatever anything besides DeSean Jackson.

I like Erin Henderson in round 2. He's fast, hits hard, is a general all-around badass and could work well in our aggressive scheme.

D.J Wolfe in the third is horrible value for the Eagles. Jack Ikegwuonu, Martellus Bennett and Trae Williams, however, are good value.

Round 4 is a terrible pick. Bruce Davis will be a 3-4 OLB, and we run a 4-3. Steve Justice, Andre Fluellen or Josh Barrett would be nice here.

Kenny Iwebema in round 5. Ok, whatever. Doesn't do much for me either way. I'd much prefer Owen Schmitt, Jonathan Goff (how is he still available?) etc...

Punter in round 6? Nah, we're fine at punter. Peyton Hillis, Corey Lynch and Jordy Nelson are much better options.

Tony Temple in round 7? Ok, that's good.

proshoota25
03-12-2008, 04:34 PM
i like the patriots draft, but i really dont see the patriots picking mckelvin with the 7th pick. Goff in the 5th round is a steal! But he likely wont make it past the third round

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 04:38 PM
i like the patriots draft, but i really dont see the patriots picking mckelvin with the 7th pick. Goff in the 5th round is a steal! But he likely wont make it past the third roundThere are always players every year that fall. So, you never know.

defensiveback23
03-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I believe that was a 5th rounder they used on Oliver.

Also, from what I've heard, Phillips is starting to drop a bit, and taking him at 27 would be too early of a pick on him.

Trust me when it comes to Chargers info, it was a 4th. Need proof?

The Chargers strengthened their depth in the secondary when they used a fourth-round selection in the 2007 Supplemental Draft to take Georgia cornerback Paul Oliver. The versatile, aggressive Oliver was to be one of the top defensive backs in college football when he chose to enter the Supplemental Draft in July.

http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/paul-oliver.htm

It makes me laugh a little to hear Kenny Phillips would be a reach at 27 because I still don't think he'll last that long. He is the best player in the draft for the team imo.

thebow305
03-12-2008, 04:45 PM
I like the first pick for us with Chris Long, but the rest is shotty at best. I like Manningham, but passing on Kenny Phillips would just be stupid. Okam is also a big-time reach in the 2nd now.

TimD
03-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Jets Feedback:

1. Vernon Gholston OLB/DE - I can't argue with this pick. Not only do we add a great pass rusher but we take him 1 pick before NE can get him. Good Pick

2. Roy Schuening G - Not a fan. We just signed Faneca and Moore is above average. There is Reggie Smith, Brian Brohm, Fred Davis, and Early Doucet still on the board. Bad Pick

3. We don't have a 3rd rounder.

4. Kirk Barton T - I guess its okay but we still have major needs at DL, WR and CB so I don't like it. Bad Pick

4. We have another 4th rounder.

5. Ezra Butler OLB - Any pick that is not a DL, CB, or WR is bad at this point. We just took Gholston so we have depth with him, Pace, and Thomas. Bad Pick

6. Dwight Lowery CB - Finally. Good Pick

7. Graham Harrell QB - Over the great Jordy Nelson?! Lol Bad Pick

-------------

Overall not a good Jets mock.

iowatreat54
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
overall, great Bears draft, excellent work...

the only problems I have are Hayes in the 4th...we don't really need LB, DT is more of a need...and taking Silva in the 7th after Phillips in the 2nd doesn't make a whole lot of sense, rather address DL, OL, or another WR possibly at that point, but I see where you were going with value in 5-7

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Trust me when it comes to Chargers info, it was a 4th. Need proof?Never judge a book by its cover my friend:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x17/imprint3454/nateme3.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x17/imprint3454/nateme.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x17/imprint3454/nateme2.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x17/imprint3454/football.jpg

That's me talking to Nate Kaeding and the football he gave me before the 2007 game against the Vikings (we work football camps together during the summer.)

It makes me laugh a little to hear Kenny Phillips would be a reach at 27 because I still don't think he'll last that long. He is the best player in the draft for the team imo.I had heard a while back the Chargers had discussed moving Jammer to safety. Don't know if that is true or not or if they're still considering it.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I honestly am not going to look at any mocks past the third round anymore, because after that, it is almost impossible to guess what is going to happen there. For the Eagles, I like giving us a WR but we need a big, playmaking WR like Limas Sweed at the WR position. The best option for the Eagles in this situation would be Kenny Phillips though. In the second round for the Eagles I would either go with a CB like Porter or King, or a WR here, if Safety is already taken care of. In the third, here would be the place the Eagles may look OT.

DiG
03-12-2008, 05:06 PM
the skins passing on drc for campbell at this point seems senseless. campbell showing up at the combine overweight and slow was bad for him and probably dropped his stock to the late first to mid second. he has done nothing this offseason but show poor work ethic and lack of motivation.

tribble is a big time reach in rd 2 and not really the kind of cb the skins usually like. porter and lee are both better options though if you give us drc in rd 1 then youd have to go with a penetrating dt like laws in rd 2.

young isnt a bad pick in rd 3 but id much rather have chilo.

lucky for you we dont have a 4th round so it negates your awful zibowski selection.

harry douglas makes zero sense as a pick. why would we draft another small fast big play wr?? we have two already in moss and el.

hugegmenfan
03-12-2008, 05:08 PM
eh not a great Giants mock, but not horrible either. Cherilus 1st round is blah. With kenny phillips on the board, beiong safety is our biggest need, it would be hard to pass on him. but heck, assuming we stay with cherilus give us dajuan morgan 2nd round, no way we pass up on him there. Cliff Avril in round 4 is a total steal but i think he might be more suited for a 3-4 defense, and although were stacked at De, its a good pick

we miss out on some amazing players round 2 like erin henderson, tracy porter, reggie smith among others that i wish fell

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 06:42 PM
For ****'S SAKE STOP GIVING THE EAGLES DESEAN JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would we want a "deep threat" that couldn't even average 12 ypc this year? Great, he runs a 4.2, 4.3. He's also 5'9, 160 lbs soaking wet...I don't know where you're getting that from, seeing how DeSean Jackson came in at 6'0" just under 180 lbs. at the combine.

fischbowl
03-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Ah, you're right. Who do the Bills have for backup running backs though? Lynch is the only running back I know on their roster off the top of my head since they released Anthony Thomas.

Fast Freddy Jackson has really emerged as a more-than-serviceable backup. We also have Dwayne Wright, kast years 4th Round Pick, who the team is high on.

BTW, nice Kaeding picks. :)

Scotty D
03-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Lion's have the Browns third rounder. Or is Jack Ike pick for the Lions?

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Fast Freddy Jackson has really emerged as a more-than-serviceable backup. We also have Dwayne Wright, kast years 4th Round Pick, who the team is high on.Ah yes, Jackson from Coe College. Never heard of Wright though.

BTW, nice Kaeding picks. :)Thanks.

Matthew Jones
03-12-2008, 06:57 PM
First round sucks for the Pats but the rest is pretty good.

saintsfan912
03-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Saints:

Round 1 - Getting Ellis would be awesome!
Round 2 - Just picked up Vilma and Morgan. Not saying they will pan out but would rather have Flowers or Phillips(Even though Phillips won't last that long)
Round 3 - Jerod Mayo instead of Thomas.
Round 4 - 4th is way too early for a reach at C. Give us Bennett, the TE.

Since you just did BPA for 5-7 no use in talking about it. Also, where is Jacob Hester?

neko4
03-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Green Bay has no need for a DT that early or a WR at all
Give us the BPA LB in the 2nd

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Also, where is Jacob Hester?6th round to the Bears.

Sniper
03-12-2008, 07:29 PM
I don't know where you're getting that from, seeing how DeSean Jackson came in at 6'0" just under 180 lbs. at the combine.

Fine. 6'0, 175 lbs, rail-thin, and under 12 ypc. And JSYK, your rep doesn't do anything, so there's no need to neg rep me.

P-L
03-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Lions

1. Mike Jenkins - I really don't think the Lions will go with a CB in the 1st Round this year. Not only is it very rare for team who run the Tampa-2 to draft a corner in the 1st, but the Lions recently traded for Lito Sheppard. Cornerback is a need, but not in the 1st Round. Since the top four Tackles are off the board as are the top four pass-rushers, I think we'd take Mendenhall there.

2. Xavier Adibi - I really don't think Adibi is a good fit for the Lions. Ernie Sims has the WLB position locked down, and that is the same position that Adibi plays. I really don't think very much of him as a MLB or SLB in our scheme, or any scheme for that matter. Carl Nicks or Erin Henderson are much better choices in my opinion.

3. Ray Rice - If we don't take a Running Back in the first two rounds, then Rice is a pretty good pick right here. I'm not as high on him as some, and I don't feel that he's a franchise back, but this is a good pick.

4. Martellus Bennett - This is excellent value in my opinion. Bennett is a favorite of mine, and we do need a TE. The only problem I have with this pick is that we still haven't addressed Offensive Tackle or Defensive End. I think those our our top priorities.

I'm not going to comment on Rounds 5-7, mainly because those guys are drafted as depth or Special Teams guys.

GB12
03-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Craig Stevens in the seventh is amazing. Other than that, yuck.

Sniper
03-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Not only is it very rare for team who run the Tampa-2 to draft a corner in the 1st, but the Lions recently traded for Lito Sheppard.

Did I miss this trade?

Thunder&Lightning
03-12-2008, 08:15 PM
ok chargers draft.

who cares if you know nate kaeding hes the kicker doesnt mean you know everything about the chargers. All i know is you could be lieing. He might be talking to you because thats the first time he ever has seen someone wear his jersey before... Dont disrespect dback

Yatta!
03-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Do not like that Green Bay draft at all. Can people please stop giving us DTs.

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 08:32 PM
ok chargers draft.

who cares if you know nate kaeding hes the kicker doesnt mean you know everything about the chargers. All i know is you could be lieing. He might be talking to you because thats the first time he ever has seen someone wear his jersey before... Dont disrespect dbackHow was I disrespecting him? Yeah, he may be a kicker, but my guess is I know more guys that play in the NFL than you do.

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Did I miss this trade?Don't know where he's getting that from, cause it hasn't happened. At least as of now.

Thunder&Lightning
03-12-2008, 08:34 PM
How was I disrespecting him? Yeah, he may be a kicker, but my guess is I know more guys that play in the NFL than you do.

haha ya you probably do but i dont see how this makes you the man? explain to why this makes you so cool? i bet your his best friend too! dude i want to be you!

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 08:38 PM
haha ya you probably do but i dont see how this makes you the man? explain to why this makes you so cool? i bet your his best friend too! dude i want to be you!I never said that makes me the man. That's you putting words into my mouth.

Thunder&Lightning
03-12-2008, 08:39 PM
I never said that makes me the man. That's you putting words into my mouth.

you saying you bet you know more nfl guys than me makes it sound like you think your the man.

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 08:43 PM
you saying you bet you know more nfl guys than me makes it sound like you think your the man.But I never said it, because I'm not the man.

Thunder&Lightning
03-12-2008, 08:46 PM
But I never said it, because I'm not the man.

alright dude like i said before we know you didnt say it but it sounds like you think you are... Done argueing over this ******** subject. Good luck to you and nate kaedings friendship.

imprint3454
03-12-2008, 08:50 PM
alright dude like i said before we know you didnt say it but it sounds like you think you are... Done argueing over this ******** subject. Good luck to you and nate kaedings friendship.Good luck to you being a pain in the *** and getting threads off topic.

Caddy
03-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Kentwan Balmer - Eww
Earl Bennett - Meh. Poor value and not really what we need.
Jamar Adams - We don't need a safety.
Sam Kellar - Poor value and not the greatest fit. I'm doubting whether Tampa even consider any QB's at the moment.
Tashard Choice - Best pick so far. Good value.
Mike Cox - Not really needed to be honest.
Bo Ruud - ???? I doubt his brother can turn him into a good player.

Crappy Buc draft.

Yung Flippa
03-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Baltimore:
1) Ryan Clady - Okay pick, We have Jared Gaither already, but I guess Clady would be okay. I'd rather have Sedrick Elllis or Keith Rivers.

2) Brian Brohm - NOT a fan. Rather have Lawrence Jackson or Tracy Porter

4) Trae Williams - I like the pick, Trae is underrated because Mike Jenkins gets all the attention.

5) Jordan Dizon - Okay pick, rather take Marcus Griffin or Josh Barrett for some depth at safety.

6) Tony LeZotte - Never heard of, rather take J Leman or Mike Pollack

7) Jordy Nelson - I Like the pick. Figurs and Nelson get re-united.

Yung Flippa
03-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Houston:
1) Jonathan Stewart - Good Pick.

3) Thomas DeCoud - Solid Pick.

4) Jeremy Zuttah - Okay Pick, I'd rather take Lavelle Hawkins.

5) Peter Graniello - Rather have Jonathan Goff or Vince Hall.

6) Marcus Howard - Good Pick.

7) Eric Wicks - Okay/Solid Pick.

JagHombre22
03-12-2008, 09:01 PM
this mock was horrible...I mean, props to you for doing a full 7 round mock...but when the Jaguars best pick is Dre Moore at DT in the third round, there is something wrong...

you did not address the DE position...and Dan Connor at 26 is a horrible, horrible...I could go on...horrible pick...

JPF
03-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Panthers have the Jets 3rd rounder. The picks really don't do a lot to address needs.

DE is a need, but we need an OT worse.

OT, DE, DT, and FS are all much more immediate needs than a QB to groom for the future.

The MLB pick doesn't make sense with us having added Johnson in free agency, and having all our back-ups still in place.

Guard really isn't a need.

Really hard to argue the 5th-7th round picks. They are what they are, BPA in your opinion.

Crazy_Chris
03-12-2008, 10:33 PM
I don't know where you're getting that from, seeing how DeSean Jackson came in at 6'0" just under 180 lbs. at the combine.

Actually he came in at 5'9 6/8" 169 Lbs at the combine...

Anyways this is a bad Vikings mock draft the chances of them drafting a WR in round 1 were already extremely slim and now that they signed Bernard Berrian its down to about .05%. Branden Albert would be a good choice at #17. Also there is no way they can ignore adressing DE until round 4 I like Reggie Smith in round 2 he is decent value but Quentin Groves would be the better pick at #48.

defensiveback23
03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Never judge a book by its cover my friend:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x17/imprint3454/nateme3.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x17/imprint3454/nateme.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x17/imprint3454/nateme2.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x17/imprint3454/football.jpg

That's me talking to Nate Kaeding and the football he gave me before the 2007 game against the Vikings (we work football camps together during the summer.)

I had heard a while back the Chargers had discussed moving Jammer to safety. Don't know if that is true or not or if they're still considering it.

lol nice.

Jammer isn't being moved to safety anytime soon. It's always being brought and I have no idea why because he is still the best cover corner on the team. Maybe near the end of his career but that's a ways off. The only player who may move is Oliver.

PalmerToCJ
03-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Bengals won't/can't go Merling unless they think he'll be a good LB. Spent big money on Odom, our biggest need is still UT.... Ellis would be absolutely perfect.

I guess I could see the second rounder, I sure hope not. I'd rather see any kind of LB.

imprint3454
03-13-2008, 12:10 AM
lol nice.

Jammer isn't being moved to safety anytime soon. It's always being brought and I have no idea why because he is still the best cover corner on the team. Maybe near the end of his career but that's a ways off. The only player who may move is Oliver.Well, if that's the case, Phillips is probably the best pick, even if it is "too early to take him" at this time since the Chargers don't have a second, third, or fourth round pick.

That, and the Chargers don't have a lot of NEEDS. They just need to add depth.

By the way, it's nice to find a fellow Chargers fan on here.

P-L
03-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Did I miss this trade?
I meant Leigh Bodden, sorry.

Bearsfan123
03-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Great bears draft.

T-RICH49
03-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Chiefs:
1. Dorsey is a great pick
2. Love Anthoy Collins pick