PDA

View Full Version : Gallery moving to RT

slightlyaraiderfan
02-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Schefter is reporting on NFLN that Gallery will be shifting back to RT. Sims will go back to LT.

Discuss..

RaiderLifer
02-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Sims was serviceable at LT and that is more than I can say for Gallery. I still have nightmares about Rice making him look like a turnstile in the SB. Fine for the short term but we need to make a trade or draft the future.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-25-2007, 06:29 PM
hmmmm.....dont know what to think really.we'll see if hes correct.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Sims was serviceable at LT and that is more than I can say for Gallery. I still have nightmares about Rice making him look like a turnstile in the SB. Fine for the short term but we need to make a trade or draft the future.

Making Sims look like a turnstile? Because Gallery was like a sophmore in college during that game.

Joe Staley at 33. Make it happen.

RaiderNation
02-25-2007, 06:32 PM
i thought sims was retiring? disapointed that gallery doesnt get to start out at LT. i think we got OT now in the 4th or 5th and kalil or olsen in the 2nd

Windy
02-25-2007, 06:33 PM
mcquistan will eventually be moved to his natural position at tackle.

energizerbunny
02-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Making Sims look like a turnstile? Because Gallery was like a sophmore in college during that game.

Joe Staley at 33. Make it happen.

No, Simeon made Barry Sims look like a turnstile in the superbowl.
This is a good move because Gallery actaully had his best season as a pro at RT and he should be decent there. Hopefully he makes some huge strides.

RaiderLifer
02-25-2007, 06:51 PM
No, Simeon made Barry Sims look like a turnstile in the superbowl.
This is a good move because Gallery actaully had his best season as a pro at RT and he should be decent there. Hopefully he makes some huge strides.

I meant Sims. Poorly formed paragraph.

Stash
02-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Sims isn't the biggest lineman in the world (6-5 300lbs) so if we are switching to a ZBS then I think he should work out alright at LT. Anything is better than last season.

wesbun27
02-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Sims was a very good LT. and Gallery was at his best at RT

TheChampIsHere
02-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I dunno, this is horrible if you ask me. We really blew it with Gallery and have ourselves to blame. Gallery was a LT in college, that was his natural position. We have start him at RT, have him play there for a year and a half, then we move him over to LT, and now we're gonna move him back to RT? Also, we will be asking him to learn his third blocking scheme in 3 years. No wonder he's struggling. No wonder our whole O-line is struggling. Nevertheless, Im really liking the Joe Staley pick at 33. He can play LT and hes perfect for the ZBS. Sims is servicable at LT and a lot better than he is at OG. I wouldnt mind Sims getting cut honestly.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-25-2007, 07:44 PM
this kinda solves the puzzle.if we are gonna go Oline we will most likely go C.

bernbabybern820
02-25-2007, 09:15 PM

??? what does gallery getting moved to rt have to do with drafting a center?

slightlyaraiderfan
02-25-2007, 09:17 PM
No, I think it will be a LT.

Stash
02-25-2007, 09:45 PM
If Gallery is at RT, Sims at LT, C would be the next place to address with Grove struggling. Maybe draft Kalil and move Grove to guard.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-25-2007, 09:49 PM
If Gallery is at RT, Sims at LT, C would be the next place to address with Grove struggling. Maybe draft Kalil and move Grove to guard.
I'm with Paranoid, and would like Staley at 33.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-25-2007, 09:53 PM
I think Kiffin may be more inclined to go with Kalil in the 2nd just because he coached him and he fits well in the ZBS.But it depends what him and Cable think of Grove obviously.Staley would be a good pick though.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I think it all depends on what they place greater importance on, how sure they are of Sims, and how much Kiffin likes Kalil.

I tend to think that LT is more important than C (both are very important), so I go with Staley. This draft is also kinda short on good LT prospect, while you can usually get a pretty good ZBS center later on.

TheChampIsHere
02-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Ill take Kalil or Staley at 33 overall. Both would be great fits and fill needs. I personally like Staley more b/c he is a LT which is more important than C, but either one would work and I strongly believe we will pick one of the 2 with our 2nd rounder.

RaiderLifer
02-25-2007, 10:33 PM
I think it all depends on what they place greater importance on, how sure they are of Sims, and how much Kiffin likes Kalil.

I tend to think that LT is more important than C (both are very important), so I go with Staley. This draft is also kinda short on good LT prospect, while you can usually get a pretty good ZBS center later on.

Couldn't agree more I think we can get a better ZBS C prospect in the 3-7th than we can a LT prospect.

bernbabybern820
02-26-2007, 12:34 PM
sims better not be our lt

portermvp84
02-26-2007, 02:06 PM
We need to keep Gallery at one place, this better be the last place.