PDA

View Full Version : Ravens General Discussion

ccB
02-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Well we had our old thread but they just deleted it so we will start a new one....

America
02-25-2007, 08:55 PM
This is very annoying. I don't like this new style. whatever

YouNeverKnow
02-25-2007, 09:14 PM
I kind of liked having the one massive thread, it brought everything together so you only needed to remember the last page number you read and then it was easy to catch up on.

vbulletin boards are a big improvement over the old ones. People just need to give them time to get things up and running. Scott is busy enough with the Combine and then having to convert a forum over it will take some time. I am positive that things like the skin, size of threads and numerous issues with post counts and whatnot will be resolved. Everyone needs to be a little patient and it will be much better especially during the draft.

jkpigskin
02-25-2007, 09:39 PM
whoa... the boards have become wierd./////

BigDawg819
02-25-2007, 11:17 PM
I don't like this new forum!! We lost everything from our discussion thread and that what annoys me most of all. Post counts are whatever, yes I was looking forward to getting mine up higher but I know they will be restored. But what about our discussion thread? This is bush league.............

niel89
02-26-2007, 01:07 AM
yeah this new set up is wierd. im not a fan

niel89
02-26-2007, 01:09 AM
damn i just posted up a great picture of one of clarence moores two catches :lol:

ccB
02-26-2007, 07:56 AM
I don't like this new forum!! We lost everything from our discussion thread and that what annoys me most of all. Post counts are whatever, yes I was looking forward to getting mine up higher but I know they will be restored. But what about our discussion thread? This is bush league.............

Well we had our discussion but what happened was, there were two Ravens threads and they deleted the one that had our Discussion in it. Sucks but oh well.

BigDawg819
02-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Well we had our discussion but what happened was, there were two Ravens threads and they deleted the one that had our Discussion in it. Sucks but oh well.

Yeah I guess we have to start over fresh............

Kyle Boller should be our starting QB in 2007! :D :D :D :D

EdReedUnstoppable
02-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Yeah I guess we have to start over fresh............

Kyle Boller should be our starting QB in 2007! :D :D :D :D

AGREED!!

And also since we are starting fresh, lets all start fresh no more fighting between Ravens fans dammit!

YouNeverKnow
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
AGREED!!

And also since we are starting fresh, lets all start fresh no more fighting between Ravens fans dammit!

Lets just keep it to our usual civil, intelligent discussion that we usually have.

I would like to see an open camp for the Quarterback job, since I do like seeing our offense with a more down field element then we have with McNair in there. I would worry about losing the veterans in the lockerroom though if Boller starts without a complete dominant showing over McNair in training camp.

niel89
02-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Lets just keep it to our usual civil, intelligent discussion that we usually have.

I would like to see an open camp for the Quarterback job, since I do like seeing our offense with a more down field element then we have with McNair in there. I would worry about losing the veterans in the lockerroom though if Boller starts without a complete dominant showing over McNair in training camp.

i agree. open compitition would be the best thing. if boller is ready then he'll show it and if not then we still have mcnair and boller still can come in later if mcnair is struggling

ccB
02-26-2007, 05:17 PM
It is rumored that the Raiders could possibly cut Lamont Jordan. What would you guys think about getting him. He is a university of Maryland player so he would be a draw to Terps fans who remember him. Plus hes a big powerful back and even though he doesnt seem very young hes not been a starter for too many years so there shouldnt be too much wear and tear.

Ravens1991
02-26-2007, 05:18 PM
I think he is 28ish but was on the bench earlier at NYJ I would like him

EdReedUnstoppable
02-26-2007, 06:24 PM
It is rumored that the Raiders could possibly cut Lamont Jordan. What would you guys think about getting him. He is a university of Maryland player so he would be a draw to Terps fans who remember him. Plus hes a big powerful back and even though he doesnt seem very young hes not been a starter for too many years so there shouldnt be too much wear and tear.

He'll want big money though, and I would be very reluctant to give him a big contract.

niel89
02-26-2007, 10:06 PM
while i like the bowling ball lamont jordan, i dont like his age or his probable price tag.

the more and more i look at it i think jamal will still be our number one next season. i hope he really was as hindered by those bone spurs all year as he says he was.

BigDawg819
02-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Titans running back Chris Brown is hoping he could be reunited with his former quarterback, Steve McNair. The Ravens are trying to restructure the contract of Jamal Lewis, but they could be looking for a backup if Musa Smith leaves in free agency. Brown was the Titans' starter at the beginning of last season but lost out to Travis Henry. Brown asked to be traded during the summer.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Thats the latest from Clayton from the combine, and quite honestly it may not be a bad idea. Brown fell out of favor in Tennessee and would be a great depth addition to the roster. My concern is how much and then who will take over on special teams with Musa gone?

ccB
02-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Wasnt it injury problems that held Brown back in Tenn? I think it could be cool to have him and Jamal and see who can earn the starting spot.

niel89
02-26-2007, 10:58 PM
yeah he did have injury problem iirc. but hey he wouldnt be terrible to have around. although i would really like to retain musa smith

EdReedUnstoppable
02-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Call me crazy but Id rather have Chris Brown then Musa Smith, for some reason people mainly Ravens fans EXTREMELY OVERRATE Musa Smith.

Troj2man
02-27-2007, 12:52 AM
Chris Brown would be a decent option at RB for this coming season. He's pretty physical and can wear down a defense. Like all of you said though, he does get injured often.

I heard somwhere(I think sportscenter) that Travis Henry could hit the open market. Something about try to re-structure his current deal and possibly having to let him go if they can't get it done.

I still have high hopes for Musa Smith. If he could stay healthy, we wouldn't be talking about possible RB's to pick up. He has a very good burst despite the freak injury he had to his leg. He also hits the hole very hard. Something Jamal has seemed to have trouble with the past 2 seasons.

niel89
02-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Call me crazy but Id rather have Chris Brown then Musa Smith, for some reason people mainly Ravens fans EXTREMELY OVERRATE Musa Smith.

as of right now i think he is a 3rd RB. nothing more. i just think he is young and has potential and is a good 3rd down back

BigDawg819
02-27-2007, 02:42 AM
Plain and simple Musa can't stay healthy and its time to move on. Potential can only carry you so far. Besides we need to resign Ovie, Jarrett Johnson, Tony Pashos, our rookie class, and most importantly Suggs is only under contract for one more year.

niel89
02-27-2007, 02:49 AM
Plain and simple Musa can't stay healthy and its time to move on. Potential can only carry you so far. Besides we need to resign Ovie, Jarrett Johnson, Tony Pashos, our rookie class, and most importantly Suggs is only under contract for one more year.

we really need to get suggs done soon. he is very very very important

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Im not worried about the Suggs situation, because I believe we'll either get him done in training camp or at the end of next year because I think we'll be in a better way concerning the cap.

YouNeverKnow
02-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I think Brown is a good running back and I wouldn't mind it too much if he was platooning with Anderson but from what I've seen Brown runs very upright and leaves himself open to big hits and injury, concerns me.

I'm not worried about resigning Suggs, since the FO has surely been incorporating a new contract for him in their plans. My only worry would be in Suggs demands something that would be considered highway robbery.

BigDawg819
02-27-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm sorry but I'm worried about the Suggs' contract situation. Lately theres been alot of talk from the Ravens' about designing the team ala the Patriot system. Now I'm all for putting together a winning team year after year and creating a culture of winning, but I feel we have that kind of franchise. But the downfall of that system is its not necessarily "fan friendly". That system is based on skill sets and team oriented guys and I'm not sure that the fans of Baltimore will buy into that. That system takes a football educated fan and Baltimore is a very fickle sports town. In terms of that system and Suggs, I'm afraid that with what this market and the money that could be potentially be thrown around he may be inclined to test the waters and that could be a problem. I pray that I'm reading too much into this and that Suggs gets done soon.

Ravens1991
03-01-2007, 09:44 PM
I think if we dont re-sign Adalius we will sign suggs long term

I posted this in a Joey Poter thread and I figured you all would like it

OK but if Adalius does end up walking that gives us cap room for Suggs who is young and has more overall potential then Adalius at the 3-4 OLB position

You wanna talk about getting knocked into next season, look below

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_786031.jpg

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_786034.jpg

"I don't think I have ever been hit that hard"
Ben Rothlisberger

and o yea Karma is grand

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_833889.jpg

I assume it was "Thats Mrs. Lewis to you"

The Legend
03-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Adalius Thomas Official Contract - 6 Years - 66 Million Dollars ... $19 Million in guaranteed money

ChefMike
03-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Suggs will get done but I am thinking later in the year not in TC

I don't want to see Chris Brown in the Purple & Black he is just as overrated as Musa I would rather us trade for Thomas Jones. He is productive and is a hard worker.

Jamal I think will be back but I would rather see us draft a young guy and have him push Anderson and Jamal for carries in TC

Just like everyone else I would love to see open competition for the QB spot in TC as well I think Kyle took last year with professionalism and dignity and learned a lot from McNair but I would love to see us keep both of them here in town and have McNair play the back up role till her retires...he has A LOT of intanglibes that you can't coach and he is good for the locker room.

BigDawg819
03-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Suggs will get done but I am thinking later in the year not in TC

I don't want to see Chris Brown in the Purple & Black he is just as overrated as Musa I would rather us trade for Thomas Jones. He is productive and is a hard worker.

Jamal I think will be back but I would rather see us draft a young guy and have him push Anderson and Jamal for carries in TC

Just like everyone else I would love to see open competition for the QB spot in TC as well I think Kyle took last year with professionalism and dignity and learned a lot from McNair but I would love to see us keep both of them here in town and have McNair play the back up role till her retires...he has A LOT of intanglibes that you can't coach and he is good for the locker room.

Thomas Jones is not worth us giving up a draft pick for, we do too well of a job at drafting to give up picks for the likes of Jones.