PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Cardinals Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tubby
02-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I started the discussion thread, you wanna fight about it?

I'll start!

What are the Arizona Cardinals' biggest draft needs?

VikesRule
02-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Now that this is a team board there will be more than one thread, lol.

The Cardinals need offensive lineman the most in the draft.

fenikz
02-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Lt, Cb, Olb, Fs, De, Fb

ds8582
02-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Lt, Cb, Olb, Fs, De, Fb
O Line in general

Scott Wright
02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Now that this is a team board there will be more than one thread, lol.

The Cardinals need offensive lineman the most in the draft.

Yes, we can have more than one thread for each team now. Knock yourselves out! :0

KCJ58
02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Get Joe Thomas if he's gone then Ganies Adams

shawn
02-26-2007, 04:43 PM
o-line: any lineman would be great, but we need to get atleast one tackle

defensive end- berry cant stay healthy, and okeafor is inconsistant, so we need to bring in an end

outside linebacker- were fine at middle linebacker with hayes, and dansby is expected to play slb next season, so we need a wlb. because orlando huff isnt the answer there

cornerback- rolle should play better next season, but we need one more corner

free saftey- griffith is done now, and he wasnt that great to begin with, so a great saftey to put next to wilson would be nice

blocking tight end- leonard pope can catch, but we need someone who can block

power running back- james wasnt very good in the red-zone last year, so a big guy who can slam the ball in would be nice

Jensen
02-26-2007, 05:50 PM
o-line: any lineman would be great, but we need to get atleast one tackle

The only 4 I really want are Thomas, Brown, Staley, and Ugoh. None of the other late round picks usually do much with us.

brat316
02-26-2007, 06:18 PM
not Gaines Adams i would rather have Jamal Anderson, sure he is a one year wonder but he does have a lot of potential

big rb i would say Nate Illiani from Hawaii i just love this guy he is a beast look him up on you tube

Also for safety we could get Weddell or Merriweather both can play safety or corner, i would love to get merriweather

Def a Tackle is needed, and DE, why not give Cooper a chance, even though he player in 13 games

I still would like Blackstock to have a chance at player wlb he did have good push rushing abilites

DE in the later rounds that would be good is http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/ikaikaalamafrancis.html
Ikaika Alama massive guy who is quick

someone should make a Mock Draft

Philliez01
02-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm drawing up the beginning of a Mock and I'm currently stumped at who should go #5. Here's who's went where thus far.

Calvin Johnson
Gaines Adams
Adrian Peterson
Joe Thomas
?

Now, I could go Jamaal Anderson (but I'm not that high on him), Levi Brown (but is his stock still that high) or even Alan Branch as a DT. What do you guys think?

cardsalltheway
02-27-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm drawing up the beginning of a Mock and I'm currently stumped at who should go #5. Here's who's went where thus far.

Calvin Johnson
Gaines Adams
Adrian Peterson
Joe Thomas
?

Now, I could go Jamaal Anderson (but I'm not that high on him), Levi Brown (but is his stock still that high) or even Alan Branch as a DT. What do you guys think?

I'd say Anderson as well in that situation. Landry would fill the biggest need but would be a reach there and I think the Cardinals are set as far as DT goes.

shawn
02-27-2007, 09:26 PM
landry is the bets pick imo

cardsalltheway
02-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I'd love him on the team, but Top 5 is reserved for safeties like Sean Taylor and Kenny Phillips. And the Cardinals are not the team that reaches for need, they do the opposite. I see Anderson at that pick, but I'd much prefer Landry to Branch.

brat316
02-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Yeah Landry would be nice, i actually wouldn't mind taking him at 5 really a reach, he did run a amzing 40 and now could be number 10 pick for Falcons, if JT is gone, we should trade down and try and stay in either top 10 near bottom like 8 9 10 and pick Landry from there, and then we could still have chance at getting a pretty good tackle in the Second, with Staley, and also get a DE with our third or a second that we might aquire from a trade

DrEvil63
03-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Are you guys opposed to trading up to get joe thomas??

brat316
03-01-2007, 03:19 PM
As long as the trade is not crazy, but moving up to number 2 is costly, moving up is a good idea just might cost too much

EdReedUnstoppable
03-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Being that the Cardinals are my 2nd favorite team may I join you all and post about the team?

brat316
03-03-2007, 01:24 AM
do it

landry thats larons bro, let me think uh 5ht round pick right
williams who is that

isnt it era or is it ERU becuase of THE U miami

EdReedUnstoppable
03-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Its ERU because of EdReedUnstoppable, but Im also fond of the U.

Landry the 5th rd pick who should have been Defensive rookie of the year, and Williams is Demetrius Williams or D Will a 4th rder who slid to us and is a future star at WR.

brat316
03-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Cool so your a cocksman

Jensen
03-03-2007, 10:11 AM
As long as the trade is not crazy, but moving up to number 2 is costly, moving up is a good idea just might cost too much

Too many holes to fill to give up a 2nd rounder and another pick/player.

brat316
03-04-2007, 02:46 PM
here our FA

we resigned Shipp
I think Macklen is gone, if we get a FA S Griffth is gone, but if we get a draft one he might stay

Arizona Cardinals Monty Beisel declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Jack Brewer declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Chris Cooper declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals James Darling declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Chris Liwienski declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Hanik Milligan declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Robert Tate declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Troy Walters declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Fred Wakefield declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Marcel Shipp declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals David Macklin declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Orlando Huff declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Robert Griffith declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Leonard Davis declared

georgiafan
03-08-2007, 09:43 AM
I think I mentioned on here that I am doing a mock draft with the cards on another site. So I always check to see whats going on with the team here. With my 1st round pick (8) I took Gaines Adams. With my second round pick I took Brandon Meriweather. I have two picks coming up in round 3. What do yall think so far ?

fenikz
03-08-2007, 10:53 AM
good so far, but make sure you get a tackle at some time and WLB is another spot that needs help

georgiafan
03-08-2007, 11:35 AM
good so far, but make sure you get a tackle at some time and WLB is another spot that needs help

Staley, Sears, Blaylock were all off the board by the time I picked. Paul Poz also went just a few picks ahead of me. How big if a need is OG and C ? I know OT is a big need I still have to fill. I also have two 5th round picks

fenikz
03-08-2007, 02:27 PM
i think we are pretty set at Guard and Center right now, maybe some late round considerations for guard

and we deff don't need a WR, beside the 3 that everyone knows we have Spurlock & Watkins

look for a tackle and olb or maybe a cb

lionsfan320
03-08-2007, 02:46 PM
you guys just signed former Lions safety Terrence Holt to a 5 year deal..

he was always a pretty good player for detroit.. just never got much chance to play.. hopefully he shines for the cards

A-Dub4President
03-08-2007, 02:48 PM
you guys just signed former Lions safety Terrence Holt to a 5 year deal..

he was always a pretty good player for detroit.. just never got much chance to play.. hopefully he shines for the cards

I definitely like this signing. He played with Adrian Wilson at NC State.

brat316
03-08-2007, 05:21 PM
nice a duo in the backfeild

brat316
03-09-2007, 12:52 AM
though i think Grant from jacksonville who is now with suckattle would have been a better pick up somone more experinced back there would have been nice, he is a big hitter

But still like the Holt signing, i still hope we get merriweather adds depth at 2 spots

toonsterwu
03-09-2007, 12:42 PM
The signing of Holt is one of those moves that strikes me as a "we're trying to give ourselves a reason to trade up" move. That is, Holt gives them a capable safety partner with Wilson. While not great, he should be alright, and it removes safety as a top need, potentially freeing them up to make a big move up for Joe Thomas. It'll be interesting to see how things play out. A DL signing, or two, would probably give a clear signal on a desire to make the big jump up. I guess it's possible they deal down and accumulate picks, but it seems more likely they sign FA's and make a big splash up.

brat316
03-09-2007, 02:11 PM
the only good DE left is Jared Allen, and if we move Calvin Pace back to DE then we would move up,

I still dont see JT getting Drafted becuase Detroit has to many needs and may trade down,

Cleavland might take him, but they have bigger needs at RB, Lewis is only a 1 year solution and ruben Droughns is being traded,

Bucs i dont see drafting anyone else but CJ

I still like Joe Staley better in the second, or late first, he is the quickest LT out there right now

AdrianWilson12
03-09-2007, 02:50 PM
The signing of Holt is one of those moves that strikes me as a "we're trying to give ourselves a reason to trade up" move. That is, Holt gives them a capable safety partner with Wilson. While not great, he should be alright, and it removes safety as a top need, potentially freeing them up to make a big move up for Joe Thomas. It'll be interesting to see how things play out. A DL signing, or two, would probably give a clear signal on a desire to make the big jump up. I guess it's possible they deal down and accumulate picks, but it seems more likely they sign FA's and make a big splash up.

I'd rather risk Thomas falling, than giving up a second rounder. It certainly means that Landry is very unlikely now.

toonsterwu
03-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be a proponent of dealing up for Joe Thomas. I think Russ Grimm can coach someone up (and I don't think Staley is there in round 2 as of now). That said, if they can add a DL signing, say, maybe a DT, I could see them making the push up, as they could still possibly have the third to add a young DE (someone should be there), and another LB can be found in day 2 as the talent should be stretch well into the 4th.

fenikz
03-09-2007, 05:02 PM
I think we need to give Blackstock or Johnson a shot at OLB, i have faith in them, either that or we need a quality one in the 2nd or 3rd or none at all(of course unless somebody good falls)

toonsterwu
03-09-2007, 05:06 PM
There's enough depth at the weakside spot to wait until later in the draft. If the rumored Dansby to weakside happened, strongside backers can be found later. In short, I don't see a need to draft a LB in the first 2 rounds, and probably day 1, unless you guys address all your other needs. Sure, the weakside spot was a hole, but there are options available in the draft.

A-Dub4President
03-09-2007, 05:23 PM
There's enough depth at the weakside spot to wait until later in the draft. If the rumored Dansby to weakside happened, strongside backers can be found later. In short, I don't see a need to draft a LB in the first 2 rounds, and probably day 1, unless you guys address all your other needs. Sure, the weakside spot was a hole, but there are options available in the draft.

Hopefully Zak DeOssie or Stewart Bradley last until round three.

In other news, Richie Anderson was arrested for solicitation. Hopefully the Bidwill's don't kick him out.

georgiafan
03-10-2007, 10:31 PM
when / If do the cards draft a RB ?

fenikz
03-10-2007, 10:33 PM
i don't think they do

Shipp & Arrington are good depth

brat316
03-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Is LT really that big of a need wouldnt it be better to put JT in at RT and switch him with Lutipu because Lineart is a Lefty and his blind side would be Right side or we could keep Lutipu there since thats how college was for him Lutipu portecting his blind side

We could get a T in the second and move down and get some picks to work on the D and O line more, even lb

still want merriwether

fenikz
03-11-2007, 06:30 PM
you must not watch the cardinals

Joe Thomas is a LT and should stay at LT, Reggie Wells was a beast at RT along with Lutui at RG, I don't want to change the best part of our line, plus just because Leinart is a lefty doesn't mean that guys like Peppers & Freeney are gonna line up on the left now, they are gonna stay at RE and thats why we need quality there

brat316
03-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Well nice new sig but Peppers is on the left and Freeney is on the right, nah i dont want to change it either but i was just trying to see wat people thought

Jensen
03-11-2007, 09:34 PM
I'd like to see our O-Line look like this:

LT - Joe Thomas
LG - Milford Brown?
C - Al Johnson
RG - Deuce Lutui
RT - Reggie Wells

fenikz
03-12-2007, 04:42 AM
i think most of us would, lets just hope he falls to us

brat316
03-12-2007, 03:29 PM
hopefully Ross will start playing better since he has his old line coach back, and he could take browns spot

Jensen
03-14-2007, 07:52 AM
hopefully Ross will start playing better since he has his old line coach back, and he could take browns spot

Ross plays tackle, has he played guard before?

brat316
03-14-2007, 08:57 AM
i think so, he was moved around

AdrianWilson12
03-14-2007, 05:58 PM
i think we are pretty set at Guard and Center right now, maybe some late round considerations for guard

and we deff don't need a WR, beside the 3 that everyone knows we have Spurlock & Watkins

look for a tackle and olb or maybe a cb

I still think we should go for a C/G in the 4th/5th just for depth. We need it on the line, and it would be someone Grimm will be able to mould.

brat316
03-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Look if we dont get JT in the first i saw we move down and try and trade with the pats or jets and get like either the pats two 1st and a third i doubt they will do that

With the Jets we take there first and there two seconds and a 4th

That way we can get JS in the first and still pick up a some DEs that we need and some DB depth

I think JS is a better prospect the JT, but thats just me, i think JS moves faster like in the pro agility or short shuttle which i think he a better test then the 40

fenikz
03-15-2007, 06:42 PM
why would the jets or new england want to trade up though?

brat316
03-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Well i dont see the NE doing it just something that would be crazy to see, Jets, because they need LB to play in there 3-4 scheme Jamaal anderson or Gaines Adams or they might want AP which i doubt but u never know

neko4
03-18-2007, 02:37 AM
Hey Cards fans new "fantasy offseason-type" game starting up
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4174

Jensen
03-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Scott's new mock has us taking Thomas in the 1st. Charles Johnson in the 2nd, and Rufus Alexander in the 3rd. I'd rather get Meriweather or Weddle in the 2nd over Johnson, but pretty good first day draft overall.

georgiafan
03-22-2007, 08:00 AM
How would you this draft ( my mock on another site)

Round 1 - DE Gaines Adams,
Round 2 - S Brandon Meriweather
Round 3 - OT James Martin, OLB Stewart Bradley
Round 4 - HB Kenny Irons,OG Tim Duckworth
Round 5 - DT Turk Mcbride, WR Johnnie Lee higgins

A-Dub4President
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
How would you this draft ( my mock on another site)

Round 1 - DE Gaines Adams,
Round 2 - S Brandon Meriweather
Round 3 - OT James Martin, OLB Stewart Bradley
Round 4 - HB Kenny Irons,OG Tim Duckworth
Round 5 - DT Turk Mcbride, WR Johnnie Lee higgins

We just signed Terrence Holt, so we no longer need a FS. Hard to critique the mock if I don't know what's going before us, but our needs are LT-SLB-DE-KR/PR-Blocking TE-HB in that order.

georgiafan
03-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Yea holt was signed after I picked meriweather. How does Johnnie Lee huggins pick ? I was very torn about the pick, but his ability in the return game was the last factor.

A-Dub4President
03-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Yea holt was signed after I picked meriweather. How does Johnnie Lee huggins pick ? I was very torn about the pick, but his ability in the return game was the last factor.

That's fine in round five. I wouldn't be surprised if Bryant Johnson is gone next season, and we definitely need a returner.

brat316
03-29-2007, 09:05 PM
anyone see us actually drafting a DB or WR that is a return man i would hate to see B. Johnson go, he is like a number 1 or 2 WR that plays slot, so he might take off,

We still need Depth at DB so any good returnes that are CB this year, or WR i think we lacked a return game last year,
also another RB a power one really for like those short yard plays to help out Edge a change of pace back.

Could the brian Leonard be our like 2nd round pick, if he fall taht far and if we get JT in the first

A DE in the second is also possible liek Almka Franics (sp) i think he is way better then Gaines Adams

fenikz
03-30-2007, 01:22 AM
my bet is that some team is gonna wait til' the 3rd for a receiver and they will be stuck with a low quality one, so we trade em bryant johnson for that pick and some more grab a guy like higgins in the 5th

brat316
03-30-2007, 04:37 AM
Third round pick for Johnson is pretty good

fenikz
03-30-2007, 12:50 PM
i think we can get someone to throw in a 6th or so too

brat316
04-04-2007, 12:38 PM
SO what are the Cards needs still i think its
Its not in any rank

RB-power back
WR- Slot Speed guy, Fitz and Boldin are good, but they are more like Possesion
DE-Obivious Need
OT-Same thing
C-some depth
DB-with the siging of Holt and Hood i still think a speed guy is need at either position for return abilities and depth
LB-depth if we decide to move Pace back to DE and neither Huff or Blackstock work out

fenikz
04-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Needs in order

LT
WLB
DE
S
CB

imo

SeanTaylorRIP
04-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Skins signed David Macklin to a 1 year 700,000 deal, I obviously don't expect him to be more than solid depth 4 or 5 on the depth chart, but what can u tell me about him?

keylime_5
04-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Hey Cardinal nation, you guys have had it worse than us over in Cleveland through the years so I feel for ya.

Anyways, if the top 4 goes like this (which seems highly likely as of late), who do you guys think goes to Arizona?:

1-Oakland-Calvin Johnson-WR
2-Detroit-Joe Thomas-LT
3-Cleveland-JaMarcus Russell-QB
4-Tampa Bay-Gaines Adams-RDE

The top players on the board would be Peterson, Quinn, Landry, L.Brown, Okoye, and Anderson. Thoughts?

brat316
04-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Either we move down and get L.Brown, take Landry which i doubt will happen but you never know, most logical pick i think would be Anderson who i want over Adams, since adams can only pass rush. Okoye would be a good pick but DT is not a need unless we are planning on using him as a old school type DE which would be nice.

keylime_5
04-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Well my whole question is hypothetical since Russell is just as likely to go #1 as Johnson (some people say much more likely). Just wondering how the heck the top ten would change if Johnson did get picked first.

fenikz
04-09-2007, 07:29 PM
id take AD he is the BPA and edge isnt very young

Jensen
04-09-2007, 07:41 PM
id take AD he is the BPA and edge isnt very young

Yeah, but you have Edge signed for 3 more years I think for a lot of money. Edge wouldn't be happy with a split-back system because you know he wants to be the premiere back. So, I'm guessing if we draft Peterson, he will sit on the bench until Edge starts sucking or we trade/release him.

fenikz
04-09-2007, 07:45 PM
AD would be splitting carries with edge from day 1, with Wisenhunt's plan of running the ball 60% of the time we are gonna need 2 quality backs, Shipp is a short yardage/ Goaline back & Arrington is a waste and should be cut, so thus AD is a need

and ive never heard edge say that he wants all the carries

Jensen
04-09-2007, 07:57 PM
AD would be splitting carries with edge from day 1, with Wisenhunt's plan of running the ball 60% of the time we are gonna need 2 quality backs, Shipp is a short yardage/ Goaline back & Arrington is a waste and should be cut, so thus AD is a need

and ive never heard edge say that he wants all the carries

So you think Edge would be happy only getting 10-15 carries a game compared to 25-30? And we'd be paying him $7 million a year for that.

fenikz
04-10-2007, 03:05 AM
it would be

Edge 20-25
AD 15-20

but that could change depending on how well each one is doing on a certain day\

even if we didn't grab AD i expect Shipp to be getting more carries like 10-15 a game

Jensen
04-10-2007, 12:11 PM
it would be

Edge 20-25
AD 15-20

but that could change depending on how well each one is doing on a certain day\

even if we didn't grab AD i expect Shipp to be getting more carries like 10-15 a game

I would want Arrington running the ball before Shipp. I think either one would get 10 carries a game at the most. I want Edge to be our premiere back, and we have 2 quality RB's backing him up. I don't see the need for Peterson right now. If Edge only had a year left on his contract, then I wouldn't mind drafting him. However, I just don't see the need for drafting a RB when we have no need for one.

ChefMike
04-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Why not wait and draft someone in the 4th round like a Chris Henry...great measureables and not a power back that has a lot of mileage on his tires from a ton of carries in College. Learning from a future HOFer, as long as he can regain his formerself from Indy, like Edge he could turn out to be a very talented and explosive #2 back and future replacement for him if Edge doesnt improve with an improved OL or when his contract is over..

fenikz
04-10-2007, 02:57 PM
because Henry did nothing at UofA and i expect he will do nothing in the pros, just a work out warrior

the only reason I want AD is that prospects like him don't come along very often, and even when they do how often are we gonna be in position to grab one

Jensen
04-10-2007, 03:03 PM
because Henry did nothing at UofA and i expect he will do nothing in the pros, just a work out warrior

the only reason i want AD prospects like him don't come along very often, and even when they do how often are we gonna be in position to grab one

But you simply don't take a good prospect because he's good. That'd be like us taking Calvin Johnson if he fell to us. RB is not a position of need, and there is nothing wrong with us filling a need if Gaines Adams or LaRon Landry is there.

fenikz
04-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I feel RB is more of a position need than DE

we have Berry & Chike + A. Smith proved he is quality back up & this draft is deep at DE & next years is godly at DE if a lot of the players declare

QB really wasn't a need last year but we took Leinart and that seems to be working great

but just so everyones clear i want AD only if Thomas is gone

Jensen
04-10-2007, 05:37 PM
I feel RB is more of a position need than DE

we have Berry & Chike + A. Smith proved he is quality back up & this draft is deep at DE & next years is godly at DE if a lot of the players declare

QB really wasn't a need last year but we took Leinart and that seems to be working great

but just so everyones clear i want AD only if Thomas is gone

What do you mean QB wasn't a need? We had Kurt Warner and our back-up was Josh McCown. You think we didn't need a starting, franchise QB? Berry gets injured every year, and Okeafor is an average DE. What if 2 DE's get injured, now what?

AdrianWilson12
04-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm in agreement with Jensen here, although I'm hoping this argument will be inconsiquential in the end as I really just want Thomas.

@ Fenikz: if next's years class of DE is stronger than this years i'll be amazed. Your argument doesn't hold up well there, as the junior running backs next year are off the scale.

AD isn't the once in the lifetime prospect your making him out to be. Bush was clearly better, and it was just 2 years ago 3 were taken in the top 5. He has clear durability issues and on top of that is not in anyway a need

You have extremely ambitious aims on how much we run. If Peterson gets 15-20 and James gets 20-25 how many passes does Leinart throw? 10? I'm sure the best wide recieving corps in the league would appreciate that.

brat316
04-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Only rb we needs is a power rb and that can be had in the later rounds, i think we can try and make a run at Leonard the FB, we signed one i know but that cant really be a solution, and Leonard might might fall to the second.

If we get JT hooray, but i would rather prefer JS,
Also DE is a bigger need after OT, Just say NO to gaines adams, he is a pass rusher, but he can in no way stop the run like our current big DEs. I think Jamaal Anderson is a better pick, or we wait for the Second or Third round to pick Almac Francis(SP) now that guy is a beast.

GiantRutgersFan
04-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Gonna go off topic, but do you guys know why Phoenix was built the way it was as a massive, sprawling monster rather then a traditional city?

brat316
04-11-2007, 09:53 PM
NO google it you clown use wikipedia

RedAttack
04-12-2007, 04:35 AM
You have extremely ambitious aims on how much we run. If Peterson gets 15-20 and James gets 20-25 how many passes does Leinart throw? 10? I'm sure the best wide recieving corps in the league would appreciate that.

According to Whiz, we will be running the ball 58-60% of the time. I like Marcel Shipp, but I don't know if we can rely on him (from a production and health perspective) to carry the ball 200+ times this year.

I think Adrian Peterson is a real possibility at #5.

AdrianWilson12
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
According to Whiz, we will be running the ball 58-60% of the time. I like Marcel Shipp, but I don't know if we can rely on him (from a production and health perspective) to carry the ball 200+ times this year.

I think Adrian Peterson is a real possibility at #5.

It may be a bigger possibility than I want to believe, but the fact is I'll be one annoyed fan if we draft Peterson.

Just because we are going to run the ball all that time doesn't mean we need another running back. At Pittsburgh they got by almost exclusively with Parker, who was a undrafted free agent. Whiz could be on the lookout for a guy of a similar mould.

We could select Leonard or Lynch if they drop in the top of the 2nd, I'd have no problem with that.

Alternitively we could get by this year by burning out James. Then next year select a RB in a amazing draft class of RB's next year.

There is 3 alterntives to selecting Peterson, all of which would allow for a improvement on defence or the oline, (which would help the running attack anyway). Running back is a overrated position, 1 elite back is good enough for any team.

brat316
04-13-2007, 04:51 PM
We should run the three rb system like the eagles did that one year, that is an amzing system

Notredameleo
04-24-2007, 09:46 AM
When is Boldin a FA, and do you see the Cards re-signing him? That would be a lot of money tied up in the WR position.

fenikz
04-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Boldin is a FA in 2010 but he will probally get a contract extension in a couple years and i hope that he is a life time cardinal

kris k
04-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Boldin is a FA in 2010 but he will probally get a contract extension in a couple years and i hope that he is a life time cardinal

I second this notion Boldin is probably the best all around reciever in my homerish opinion.

Jensen
04-24-2007, 05:07 PM

I'd much rather have Boldin than Fitz, and I would hope he gets a contract extension before 2010.

brat316
04-24-2007, 08:48 PM
didnt he get one last year, he probably will get one like in 09 or 10 depeding on age and production just like any WRs

brat316
06-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Anyone see that video of Wilson having a 66 inch Vert jump, youtube it
If he can do taht why dont they give him a madden rating of 100 for jumping

Jensen
06-04-2007, 09:22 PM

It's been around for awhile.

The Madden ratings are so far off, I don't even bother with them.

brat316
06-05-2007, 09:23 AM
I think they go by the scouting numbers

SuperKevin
06-09-2007, 01:07 AM
I spoke with Levi Brown the other day and he informed me he has been working out with the 2nd team OL at RT. He told me he's a little upset because he'd prefer to play LT but realizes with Leinart being a lefty it's the more important position on the right side.

brat316
06-09-2007, 01:35 AM
Tackle is important which ever side it is blind side or face side its pretty important protecting him from the DE's

brat316
06-23-2007, 11:04 PM
so now that it is clear that Huff is not comming back, anyone see either Hayes being moved over, even if he is good in the middle. Blackstock and Pace are going to battle it out for the olb position I think Blackstock might win

fenikz
07-04-2007, 05:27 PM
wow the off season sucks

LonghornsLegend
07-15-2007, 01:08 AM

its not a VERTICAL jump, he got a running start, im sure you know the difference...a 66 inch vertical is next to unhuman, 40 inches + is pretty special, but its a big difference between running start and vertical

jared
07-17-2007, 01:23 AM
its not a VERTICAL jump, he got a running start, im sure you know the difference...a 66 inch vertical is next to unhuman, 40 inches + is pretty special, but its a big difference between running start and vertical
Moreover, it's a difference between a hurdle (i.e. lifting ones legs to clear an obstacle) and actual distance between maximum standing reach and vertical jumping reach (football vertical). For example here is High Jump gold medalist Stefan Holm (5'11) routinely clearing hurdles that are just about his height (~71.3 inches): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVZ3ZcorTF0

fenikz
07-19-2007, 06:54 PM
woo the cardinals are going to the superbowl !!!!

brat316
07-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Cards suck at off season have they even signed any draft picks

Jensen
07-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Cards suck at off season have they even signed any draft picks

Steve Breaston and Ben Patrick. Not that many draft picks have been signed, it's not like we're the only team in the league that hasn't signed their 1st round pick. We don't suck at the offseason.

brat316
07-19-2007, 10:18 PM
i dont know let get this form past page 10

SuperMcGee
07-30-2007, 01:10 AM
So guys, who's been playing where on the 1st team o-line so far?
Is Gandy playing LT? Because that can spell trouble, especially since he gets to face James Hall twice a year now.

trkaline
07-30-2007, 01:12 AM
I dont like the Cards but Matt Lienart is friggin Beast. I cannot leave it at that I also like Anqwaan Bolden and Larry Fitz...I guess they come wit the package....

Fitzgerald11
07-31-2007, 08:19 PM
What's the deal with Brown still unsigned?

fenikz
08-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Bidwell being a cheap ass as usual

PACKmanN
08-30-2007, 05:14 PM
so what going on with Ben Patrick? is he a steal or just an normal seven round pick?

Jensen
08-30-2007, 06:39 PM
so what going on with Ben Patrick? is he a steal or just an normal seven round pick?

A lot of people have labeled him as a steal, but I haven't seen him play that much. He has looked pretty good for a 7th round pick in what little I've seen of him though.

SchizophrenicBatman
08-31-2007, 10:22 PM
So what's the deal with Buster Davis getting cut? Too small for the league?

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 12:04 AM
So what's the deal with Buster Davis getting cut? Too small for the league?

Must be because the Cardinals are pretty weak at LB

BigDawg819
09-01-2007, 02:26 PM
How in the hell do you cut your 3rd round pick??????

Yung Flippa
09-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Wow, the Cards releasing a third-round pick?
Pretty rare and odd there.

Jensen
09-01-2007, 11:24 PM
How in the hell do you cut your 3rd round pick??????

Apparently he was slacking during all of training camp, and Whisenhunt said that players would have to give it their all on the field to make the team. He might be on the practice squad.

brat316
09-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Oakland cut their third round pick Moses, hey if u suck you suck, your not given anything.

Yung Flippa
09-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Speaking of Quentin Moses, you guys just picked him up.

brat316
09-02-2007, 06:14 PM
ahah yeah i just saw that i wonder who will pick up buster

Jensen
09-03-2007, 12:37 AM
I like the pickup of Moses, he gives us a very good backup DE option when Berry and Okeafor get injured.

fenikz
09-03-2007, 08:30 PM
I was actually hoping we would draft Moses where we drafted Davis, it pretty much worked it self out

fenikz
09-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! !!!!
Nobodys got a hand job in cargo short since Nam

Jensen
09-11-2007, 12:26 PM
That was a pathetic excuse for an offense.

SuperKevin
09-11-2007, 01:33 PM
That was a pathetic game for the Cardinals offense. So much for it being this years sleeper powerhouse offense. I never noticed it until they mentioned it lat night, but Matt Leinart really does have horrible footwork on his 3 and 5 step drops. i can't believe Norm Chow didn't fix that at USC

brat316
09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
That was amazing D by both teams god dam that was all D both teams D showed up usaully they are horrible

Jensen
09-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Good game today, I wasn't really expecting us to win it but glad we did. The line did real good today, did they even give up a sack? Edge had a good game too.

fenikz
09-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Nope, no sacks allowed today, Dockett is being beastly, he is in the backfield on almost every play sames goes with Smith he is vastly underrated, and Pace seems to actually look comfortable as a 3-4 OLB, our corners still could use a little work it seems but since we are playing the Ravens next week the passing game shouldn't be too much of a problem

Jensen
09-16-2007, 11:46 PM
Nope, no sacks allowed today, Dockett is being beastly, he is in the backfield on almost every play sames goes with Smith he is vastly underrated, and Pace seems to actually look comfortable as a 3-4 OLB, our corners still could use a little work it seems but since we are playing the Ravens next week the passing game shouldn't be too much of a problem

That's gonna be a tough game for the offense, especially if they had trouble with the 9ers defense.

HoopsDemon12
09-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Im actualyl really excited abotu the way the team is going... my second favortie team for some reason... i think they have a chance to be real good ina couple years..

Jensen
09-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Im actualyl really excited abotu the way the team is going... my second favortie team for some reason... i think they have a chance to be real good ina couple years..

Sadly, that's what we've been saying for a long time. I think if they can finish around 8-8 this year that that's a good step forward. If they have a good draft and good FA period then they could possibly be serious playoff contenders.

fenikz
09-16-2007, 11:53 PM
That's gonna be a tough game for the offense, especially if they had trouble with the 9ers defense.

Ya they match up with us pretty well, Reed may have a field day with Leinart and you know they will bring a ton of pressure, I'm hoping for a lot of quick slants, and hitches, just get the ball to Boldin & Fitz and let them do work, and of course Whiz is gonna keep the running game going

Jensen
09-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Ya they match up with us pretty well, Reed may have a field day with Leinart and you know they will bring a ton of pressure, I'm hoping for a lot of quick slants, and hitches, just get the ball to Boldin & Fitz and let them do work, and of course Whiz is gonna keep the running game going

Yeah, the O-Line is really gonna have to prepare for this game. They're gona have a lot of work to do protecting Leinart and opening holes for Edge. I agree about doing the slants, etc. Boldin is probably the best YAC reciever in the NFL.

brat316
09-17-2007, 12:59 AM
no no Donald Driver is best YAC receiver, Boldin comes number 2

fenikz
09-17-2007, 09:45 AM
no no Donald Driver is best YAC receiver, Boldin comes number 2

I'll take Boldin everyday over Driver, how many other receivers can wear down a defense

brat316
09-17-2007, 10:11 AM
ooohh yeah for sure Boldin any day over Driver, im just saying YAC is Driver

Crvena Ptica
10-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Will Boldin be ready for the Rams game?

fenikz
10-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I hope so, it doesn't seem like they were making a big deal about his injury so he will probably be back this week.

RoyHall#1
10-02-2007, 12:19 PM
I hope so, it doesn't seem like they were making a big deal about his injury so he will probably be back this week.

He better be, he killed my fantasy team.

fenikz
10-02-2007, 05:49 PM
The game this weeks kind of worries me, we looked good against Pitt but thats because they played right into our style of football, the Rams still have great deep threats and it will be the 1st real test of our secondary.

Jensen
10-02-2007, 05:53 PM
The game this weeks kind of worries me, we looked good against Pitt but thats because they played right into our style of football, the Rams still have great deep threats and it will be the 1st real test of our secondary.

I'm more interested in who will be starting at QB for us.

fenikz
10-02-2007, 06:45 PM
that really doesn't concern me, i fell either one will have there way with the Rams D, along with Edge

brat316
10-02-2007, 07:13 PM
I kind of like the qb switch thing, because you have to game plan for both a lefty and a right hand qb, one who is amazing with the deep ball, and run no huddle, while the other can do stuff....

Jensen
10-02-2007, 09:27 PM
that really doesn't concern me, i fell either one will have there way with the Rams D, along with Edge

I didn't mean it in a bad way, I'm excited to see who's gonna start since Warner has been playing really well.

Crvena Ptica
10-03-2007, 10:12 AM
I kind of like the qb switch thing, because you have to game plan for both a lefty and a right hand qb, one who is amazing with the deep ball, and run no huddle, while the other can do stuff....

Exactly, and i don't care what Holywood Matt thinks about it. As long as it works, stick with it. We have pure gold in Warner. Look at other teams. I know this will sound impossible, but what if Brady, Manning or Romo goes down? Their season is over.

The game against Rams is a biggest test this season for us. With a win, and Seahawks defeat, we'll be on the top of NFC West. We must prove that we can win in situations when we are favorites. Remember the Raiders game from last season, i hope we have learned from our mistakes.

fenikz
10-03-2007, 10:43 AM
The Raiders game came after a huge meltdown though not a big Cardinals win, if we have another meltdown this year and actually bounce back, It will show that this is different team with a new attitude

fondoffilm
10-07-2007, 01:43 AM
I remember last year, there was some discussion that Karlos Dansby had a lingering toe injury. What exactly transpired?

fenikz
10-07-2007, 03:42 PM
nothing, it was what it was, he is fine now and we need to get him a contract extension.

Crvena Ptica
10-07-2007, 06:50 PM
hard fought win for us. We're on the top of NFC West. How many weeks will Leinart be out? We might look for back up QB now. Hope to see Levi and Boldin back for a Panthers game. Now if we could win that game...

Very important is a fact that we won against Seahawks, cause it looks like it will be between us and them for a NFC West title.

brat316
10-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Panthers are good, but not great, it should be like the rams game, the Saints almost won, true that is a division rival. I think we should pull the win, if the cb dont get burnt.

fenikz
10-07-2007, 07:45 PM
BTW I got to stop wearing sigs of players or teams I like because they always seem to no do good when I have them on

Crvena Ptica
10-08-2007, 05:27 PM
BTW I got to stop wearing sigs of players or teams I like because they always seem to no do good when I have them on

Put Edge sig this week.:rolleyes: I have a feeling that Edge will have best game so far this season, against Panthers.

diabsoule
10-09-2007, 08:32 PM
The Cards have signed QB Tim Rattay since Matt Leinart is out for the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3056164

Jensen
10-09-2007, 08:34 PM
The Cards have signed QB Tim Rattay since Matt Leinart is out for the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3056164

Hmm...not really sure about this, but I don't know what other QB's were on the market so I guess it could be okay.

brat316
10-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Warner will get injured and eventually Rattay will come in, and screw the season

fenikz
10-14-2007, 06:17 PM
As I always say, God hates Cardinals fans.

F@#K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jensen
10-14-2007, 06:18 PM
What a pathetic game, we're going nowhere but to the cellar of the division with Rattay as the starter. My god he sucks, Q could do better than him at QB.

fenikz
10-14-2007, 06:21 PM
To bad Q is hurt, all the injuries have finally caught up to us, there goes our hopes for a decent season

brat316
10-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah no matter how hard the Cards try they will always get screwd by something. Injuries sucky players, bad coach calls, bad refs, O line.

zCaddyz
10-15-2007, 01:02 AM
quentin moses what has he been up too, has he seen any gametime yet?

fenikz
10-15-2007, 02:07 AM
He hasn't played at all, not even special teams, he is 3rd string right now behind Pace & Blackstock

SuperKevin
10-16-2007, 11:18 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/10/16/bc.fbn.cardinals.hasselbeck.ap/

Quentin Moses has been cut to make room for QB Tim Hasselbeck. So much for Moses being a solid NFL prospect

Jensen
10-16-2007, 11:22 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/10/16/bc.fbn.cardinals.hasselbeck.ap/

Quentin Moses has been cut to make room for QB Tim Hasselbeck. So much for Moses being a solid NFL prospect

Doesn't surprise me.

brat316
10-17-2007, 02:18 AM
Oakland cut him, and Pace is doing amazing in the 3-4.

fenikz
10-17-2007, 03:06 AM
I really doubt moses was ever going to get a shot at playing he was so far back on the depth chart, even if Pace and Blackstock went down then would of just moved Dansby outside and started Biesel at ILB

SeanTaylorRIP
10-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Wow for the game Boldin at QB throwing to Fitzgerald you got to question that. That isn't the kind of play to win the game. I was scared because with Boldin back there I was thinking run the entire time and he most likely would have gotten in, I'm not so sure Fitz would have even caught that ball had Landry not gotten the pick because it was very low.

fenikz
10-21-2007, 07:18 PM
I think we should of stuck with edge he was averaging a good 5 yards a carry on that drive, but he wasn't even on the field

and Rackers has to be the least clutch kicker ever he has lost us at least 4 games in the past 2 years

SeanTaylorRIP
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
I think we should of stuck with edge he was averaging a good 5 yards a carry on that drive, but he wasn't even on the field

and Rackers has to be the least clutch kicker ever he has lost us at least 4 games in the past 2 years

That and his blocked extra point is why you had to go for 2 in the first place, and the block was really Rackers fault, I noticed all of his XP's were really low.

Jensen
11-08-2007, 11:37 PM
So........

brat316
11-08-2007, 11:53 PM
what do the Cards need to draft.

Jensen
11-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Karlos Dansby = beast.

brat316
11-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Yeah and he is still not signed

diabsoule
11-13-2007, 07:51 PM
DE Bertrand Berry is out for the season due to a triceps tear.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3108482

Number 10
11-13-2007, 08:35 PM
What do you guys think is going to happen with Larry Fitzgerald and Karlos Dansby after this season?

diabsoule
11-13-2007, 09:10 PM
What do you guys think is going to happen with Larry Fitzgerald and Karlos Dansby after this season?

I'm sure the Cards really want to resign Dansby but I'm hoping he becomes a Saint.

Jensen
11-13-2007, 09:16 PM
DE Bertrand Berry is out for the season due to a triceps tear.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3108482

What a surprise...

fenikz
11-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Berry's injury isn't a big concern to me, he will be gone after the season, Adrian Wilson on the other hand does, he is the heart of our secondary kind of like Quan is for the offense, even if he isn't doing anything you have to take into account that he is lurking somewhere

I expect Pace and Dansby to be signed soon and Fitzy isn't a FA until 2010

Hines
11-23-2007, 12:03 PM
is johnson a fa after the season?

fenikz
11-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Ya, we more than likely won't resign him as he will probably want #2 WR type money or at least a chance to prove he can be one

Talks with Dansby are officially underway now

"Formal talks now are under way between the Cardinals and Dansby for a contract extension, general manager Rod Graves said Wednesday.

Until now, Dansby and his agent, Kirk Wood, had said the talks had been infrequent and informal.

“Relaxed” was the phrase Dansby used after Sunday’s game at Cincinnati to describe the Cardinals’ approach to negotiations. Since then the pace has picked up."

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/102513

Jensen
11-26-2007, 03:40 PM
After the season is over, I think it might be time to find a new kicker. Rackers has not impressed me at all this season, and this was at least the 2nd FG he's missed that would either tie game or win it.

fenikz
11-26-2007, 04:28 PM
After the season is over, I think it might be time to find a new kicker. Rackers has not impressed me at all this season, and this was at least the 2nd FG he's missed that would either tie game or win it.

That's the 7th that I can think of, I was hoping we would get rid of him after costing us 4 games last year but they didn't, as the saying goes the more things change the more they stay the same, we are still the Cardinals and we can't close out games.

brat316
11-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Anyone else read that Wilson was done for season with achilies tendon. i can't find that article anywhere i read it yesterday. Also with Green out, Rolle goes back to corner. I was kind of hoping that since Wilson is injured, that Rolle might be playing more Saftey. But with Green injured Rolle is going to be playing corner.

any thoughts?

fenikz
11-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Wilson and Green are both done for the season, which sucks because we have no depth at either of those spots, Celestin basically cost us 21 points against the 49ers, and Rolle went back to his usual form of missing the pick and the guy goes 60 yards for a TD on a simple slant route

We really need Aaron Fransico back he played very well last year in our 3 Safety sets, and the Browns are going to kill us going deep

brat316
11-30-2007, 02:01 PM
yeha, Anderson is just going to lob it to Edwards and Winslow, do we have anyone that is tall as those guys.

I think this is the perfect opertunity to put Rolle at Safety see what he can do.

fenikz
11-30-2007, 02:24 PM
yeha, Anderson is just going to lob it to Edwards and Winslow, do we have anyone that is tall as those guys.

I think this is the perfect opertunity to put Rolle at Safety see what he can do.

Who do we start at corner then? Matt Ware or Ralph Brown? Both of them would get destroyed if they are ever 1 on 1 with Edwards or Winslow, which will happen because the Cardinals love to blitz

Jensen
11-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Wilson and Green are both done for the season, which sucks because we have no depth at either of those spots, Celestin basically cost us 21 points against the 49ers, and Rolle went back to his usual form of missing the pick and the guy goes 60 yards for a TD on a simple slant route

We really need Aaron Fransico back he played very well last year in our 3 Safety sets, and the Browns are going to kill us going deep

We are officialy screwed.

SteelCityNightmare
12-02-2007, 03:31 PM
As an avid Steelers fan and Whisenhunt fan, I would like to thank the Arizona Cardinals for jumping out to a 14-0 lead over the Brownies.

Jensen
12-02-2007, 06:28 PM
I can't believe we won that game with both Fitz and Q out. Rod Hood probably had his best game of the year.

brat316
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
braylon td god damn

fenikz
12-02-2007, 11:11 PM
I seriously thought the refs were gonna pull some BS and call that pass at the end a completion, The Cardinals are 6-6, its amazing...kinda sad that i'm happy with 6-6

brat316
12-02-2007, 11:16 PM
yeah, now we might not get a top 10 pick, i hope we get to 500 at least

Jensen
12-02-2007, 11:35 PM
yeah, now we might not get a top 10 pick, i hope we get to 500 at least

I think we could realistically finish 8-8, and I would be ecstatic with that. I don't think we have the team to get to the playoffs, much less win a game in the playoffs. Missing Leinart, Wilson, Green, Berry, and others will be too much for us to overcome IF we make the playoffs, which I doubt we will.

fenikz
12-03-2007, 01:43 AM
We really need Boldin and Fitz back if we are going to stand a chacne against the Hawks at home next week

j05son
12-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Just one question....Do you think Winslow was forced out at the end or no...

;-)

Turtlepower
12-03-2007, 01:49 AM
I personally feel his momentum was carrying him out. I think he would have been out of bounds either way, but there was obviously contact. It was such a close call that I think the ref might the right decision.

fenikz
12-03-2007, 02:04 AM
Of course I'm going to see it as Winslow being out no matter what but it was about as close as it could get, but an amazing effort by him just to get the ball being double covered very closely

I understand what some Brown's fan was saying earlier this year about Anderson not being that great but his receivers just come up with crazy catches, he forced a lot of balls into double and triple coverage, including the 2 picks I think there was about 5 that should of been intercepted

fenikz
12-03-2007, 12:12 PM
did this on another site, based on this season anwser the following

Team MVP:
Best Player:
Most Improved Player:
Most Worthless Player:
Biggest Offseason Need:

I guess you could do it for offense and defense or just combine em

here are mine

Team MVP: Kurt Warner, he has step it up huge for us this year

Best Player: Larry Fitzgerald, with Quan hurt most of the year he showed us what he could do as the #1 threat

Most Improved Player: Calvin Pace, he is finally at the right position and the coaching has help him immensely

Most Worthless Player: Al Johnson, for the amount of money we are paying him he isn't that much of an improvement if any over our UDRFA Lyle Sendlein

Biggest Offseason Need: 3-4 Pass Rushing OLB, most of the sacks we get are from our front 3/4, Blackstock is looking pretty good and if he can continue to play his way I may switch the need but I think we are giving QB's too much time to find open receivers, if they get hurried and make bad decisions our secondary has proven they can get the pick 6

j05son
12-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Of course I'm going to see it as Winslow being out no matter what but it was about as close as it could get, but an amazing effort by him just to get the ball being double covered very closely

I understand what some Brown's fan was saying earlier this year about Anderson not being that great but his receivers just come up with crazy catches, he forced a lot of balls into double and triple coverage, including the 2 picks I think there was about 5 that should of been intercepted

About Winslow, I think he was boardline to be in...Obviously theres no way to tell, but with him getting the right foot in and being hit, I would say it was a force out. Obviously I'm biased though.

Yeah, I've been on the Quinn bandwagon the entire time. Anderson has done quite well until we played you. He just tried to make to many plays. Forced Winslow in the passing game. I remember he threw it no where near Winslow on an out route and the announcer went nuts.

I'm hoping a team takes Anderson away from us [he's an RFA] and give us our first we lost in the Dallas/Quinn trade and more...

Good game though.

Jensen
12-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Team MVP: Karlos Dansby...the defense would be a lot worse without him here. He's been a beast the entire year: 71 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 INT's, 2 FF.

Best Player: Larry Fitzgerald...guy can catch the ball anywhere, and putting up massive numbers with Kurt Warner as his QB.

Most Improved Player: Darnell Dockett...wasn't on anybody's radar last year, and this year he's been the anchor of the D-Line, always putting pressure on the QB and his efforts have shown up on the stat sheet: 8 sacks for a DT.

Most Worthless Player: Starting? I guess I would have to agree with you on Al Johnson...he has not impressed me at all.

Biggest Offseason Need: Either 3-4 OLB or CB. I think it winds up with who is the better value pick when we pick. While I think 3-4 OLB is a bigger need, we still need a shutdown CB on this team. Not to mention our secondary has been injured often this year.

no love
12-04-2007, 10:48 PM
MVP indeed. Dang Karlos Dansby is certainly going to get paid this offseason, either that or franchised...

So does Pace get resigned since he is the most improved?

fenikz
12-07-2007, 12:27 AM
The game this week basically makes or breaks our chance of getting into the playoffs, well i mean we could still get in but with the Vikings rolling it could be tough

just wondering if we both end up with the same record who gets in?

Jensen
12-07-2007, 07:30 PM
The game this week basically makes or breaks our chance of getting into the playoffs, well i mean we could still get in but with the Vikings rolling it could be tough

just wondering if we both end up with the same record who gets in?

If it's based off strength of schedule, Minnesota.

Jensen
12-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Does anybody know if Fitz or Q will play Sunday? Not going to be easy to beat Seattle if both of them are out.

fenikz
12-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Does anybody know if Fitz or Q will play Sunday? Not going to be easy to beat Seattle if both of them are out.

Both are questionable and game time decisions, looks like we will be relying on Edge, Johnson, Pope and Breaston for most of our offense, I could see both of them playing but as more of a decoy role

fenikz
12-10-2007, 12:26 AM
umm booo we lost bad, lol a week after saying Warner is our MVP, I completely regret it. I want Leinart back, no matter the stats he puts up atleast he can manage a game and we were 4-2 with him playing

georgiafan
12-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Any news on how bad Pope is hurt ?

fenikz
12-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Any news on how bad Pope is hurt ?

dislocated ankle, done for the season

We have so many injuries to key players I'll be happy if we finish 7-9

Green(IR)
Wilson(IR)
Berry(IR)
Pope(IR)
Boldin
Leinart(IR)

georgiafan
12-10-2007, 01:55 PM
dislocated ankle, done for the season

It looked like he was starting to improve atleast compared to his rookie year. Will TE be a need this offseason or will he be able to hang on to the starting job?

fenikz
12-10-2007, 01:57 PM
It looked like he was starting to improve atleast compared to his rookie year. Will TE be a need this offseason or will he be able to hang on to the starting job?

no we are set at TE, besides maybe a pure blocking one

Both Pope and Patrick look like huge steals at this point and both could blossom into very good players

georgiafan
12-10-2007, 02:08 PM
no we are set at TE, besides maybe a pure blocking one

Both Pope and Patrick look like huge steals at this point and both could blossom into very good players

That's good to hear as I was a huge Pope fan and thought he would be one of the steals of the draft. It took him a year or two to make a impact in college also. He has never been the best blocker and was always good for one false start a game. But if he can fix those things he will be a quality starter.

fenikz
12-23-2007, 06:41 PM
hey we actually beat a crappy team for once

Jensen
12-23-2007, 06:55 PM
hey we actually beat a crappy team for once

The Cards tried as hard as they could to give it away.

fenikz
12-23-2007, 07:11 PM
The Cards tried as hard as they could to give it away.

yep, the play calling in the second half was just terrible for both the offense and defense, if we are gonna go pass happy at least let Warner call the plays from a no huddle/hurry offense

brat316
12-24-2007, 12:13 AM
at least the cards are going to finish 8-8

fenikz
12-24-2007, 03:12 AM
at least the cards are going to finish 8-8

if we can beat the Rams that is, which for us isn't a sure thing, because we are the Arizona Cardinals

brat316
12-24-2007, 03:33 AM
yeah true that, i don't know what is going to happen next season with Warner and Linert. I want Matt to do good but he is from USC and part of the Pete Carol area. Most players drafted from their usually are ending up bust. Hopefully Matt doesn't, mainly because i just want him to be better than Young

fenikz
12-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Right now Warner may be the better QB but Matt's style of managing a game works better with what Whis is doing, if we can get a consistent running game and build and elite defense we have the Talent for a superbowl run.

d34ng3l021
12-24-2007, 01:23 PM
So I am pretty pissed off at how well Warner did against us. Not only that, I was facing him in FF championships. He dropped 37 points on me.

And now I am left with Tony Scheffler and San Diego defense against LaDainian Tomlinson.

Have a good day sir.

fenikz
12-24-2007, 01:25 PM
So I am pretty pissed off at how well Warner did against us. Not only that, I was facing him in FF championships. He dropped 37 points on me.

And now I am left with Tony Scheffler and San Diego defense against LaDainian Tomlinson.

Have a good day sir.

That's funny I have Warner on my team and I am left with LT and San Diego vs Tony Scheffler

and I am already up 100 to 71

d34ng3l021
12-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Nice. You pretty much got it in the bag.

fenikz
12-24-2007, 05:42 PM
through the season so far these are the overall rankings

Offense
YPG 338.9 (11th)
Rush YPG 88.4 (29th)
Pass YPG 250.5 (6th)
Pts/G 23.7 (9th)

Defense
YPG 336.6 (20th)
Rush YPG 99.5 (9th)
Pass YPG 237.1 (28th)
Pts/G 25.3 (28th)

Takeaways
INT 14 (17th)
FUM 11 (13th)
Total 25 (14th)

Turnovers
INT 22 (31st)
FUM 12 (19th)
Total 34 (T/31st)

+/- -9 (26th)

Hines
12-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Cardinals GM Rod Graves indicated Thursday that he may consider slapping LB Karlos Dansby with the franchise tag this offseason.

"It's our intent to do everything we can to try to keep him here," Graves said. Contract talks have gone nowhere with Dansby, and he's open to the idea of wearing the tag. "I think it would be an honor," he said. "If that's the steps I have to take in order to get where I want to go, that's fine."

fenikz
12-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Cardinals GM Rod Graves indicated Thursday that he may consider slapping LB Karlos Dansby with the franchise tag this offseason.

"It's our intent to do everything we can to try to keep him here," Graves said. Contract talks have gone nowhere with Dansby, and he's open to the idea of wearing the tag. "I think it would be an honor," he said. "If that's the steps I have to take in order to get where I want to go, that's fine."

I figured that if we couldn't get him signed he would be franchised, whats the price for the tag something like 7 mil?

Hines
12-27-2007, 05:54 PM
I figured that if we couldn't get him signed he would be franchised, whats the price for the tag something like 7 mil?

I am not quite sure. Who is the highest payed middle linebacker?

fenikz
12-29-2007, 03:22 PM
I am not quite sure. Who is the highest payed middle linebacker?

Ray Lewis is the highest at 8.4 Mil

Last year when Briggs was franchised he got 7.2 mil so it will probably be a little more than that

Hines
12-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Cardinals GM Rod Graves says re-signing impending free agent LB Calvin Pace is his No. 1 priority this offseason.

The sides have been talking for the last few months. Pace, a former first-round draft pick, finally lived up to expectations in Arizona's new hybrid 3-4 defense. He can play both inside and outside linebacker.

Cardinals CB Antrel Rolle may be moved to free safety in 2008.

The move has been speculated about for years and makes sense if Arizona hadn't signed Terrence Holt to a pricy deal last offseason. Rolle is great on the ball and has the build, but he's more likely to stay at corner in 2008.

I like the idea of moving Rolle to saftey, as his agressivness kind of gets to him a little bit. He would be a great saftey to pair with Wilson.

fenikz
12-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Pace wants to remain a Cardinal — “I don’t want to be the guy chasing money. I’m very comfortable here,” he said Sunday — and it’s unlikely he’ll attract top dollar in free agency, so chances are good he’ll be re-signed."

Dansby is likely to get the franchise tag slapped on him. The Cardinals last used the franchise designation in 2002 on safety Kwame Lassiter, but Dansby is a prime candidate, given Arizona likely can’t give both he and Pace long-term deals in the same offseason.

The wild card in the Cardinals’ plans?

Edgerrin James.

Don’t be shocked if James is wearing a different uniform next season. His salary cap number will be $5 million, and Whisenhunt is mindful of the fact that his former employer, the Pittsburgh Steelers, have an undrafted free agent in Willie Parker who is the NFL’s third-leading rusher.

Now, the Cardinals aren’t going to be stupid and dump James if they don’t have a capable replacement. They saw how well that worked out with Pete Kendall.

But if Arizona can find a quality running back in the draft, moving James for salary cap relief would make sense. The Indianapolis Colts did it, and they won a Super Bowl with his replacement, Joseph Addai.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/105560

Jensen
12-31-2007, 09:30 PM
I'd only move James if we got McFadden in the draft, which we won't. I'd rather slap the franchise on Dansby, fill a position of need in the 1st round, and keep Edge than trade Edge to draft Stewart and sign Dansby long term. And it's not like we couldn't sign Dansby after next year either. The only way I would trade Edge is if we get a #1 CB or another good player in a position of need, which Edge probably wouldn't fetch at this point in his career.

fenikz
12-31-2007, 09:41 PM
I'd only move James if we got McFadden in the draft, which we won't. I'd rather slap the franchise on Dansby, fill a position of need in the 1st round, and keep Edge than trade Edge to draft Stewart and sign Dansby long term. And it's not like we couldn't sign Dansby after next year either. The only way I would trade Edge is if we get a #1 CB or another good player in a position of need, which Edge probably wouldn't fetch at this point in his career.

Next year we will need to give Boldin and Wilson contract extensions, as they are being paid basically nothing, if we could get Michael Turner before the draft for something like 3 mil a year and trade James for a 3rd or so i'm all for it

Jensen
01-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Next year we will need to give Boldin and Wilson contract extensions, as they are being paid basically nothing, if we could get Michael Turner before the draft for something like 3 mil a year and trade James for a 3rd or so i'm all for it

I'm not sold on Turner being a #1 back, I'd rather have Jonathan Stewart than him.

fenikz
01-01-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm not sold on Turner being a #1 back, I'd rather have Jonathan Stewart than him.

especially after that game yesterday, he is ridiculous

Hines
01-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Mendanhall is playing well today. If he comes out, I would look at him.

fenikz
01-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Mendanhall is playing well today. If he comes out, I would look at him.

I still personally like Stewart better, but I have also got to see a lot more of him than Mendenhall

Hines
01-01-2008, 07:11 PM
I still personally like Stewart better, but I have also got to see a lot more of him than Mendenhall

I like Stewert too, but I dont believe he will be there with your second pick. He is a reach to get in the first, but he wont be there in thesecond. Thats why I think Mendenhall is a good pick. Besides, he is a younger, probably better version of Edge.

brat316
01-01-2008, 07:26 PM
i don;t know i like turner, kind of disaponted james didn't fair well, maybe he needs to split carries with another back. I think a speed back might compliment him well, someone like Slaton, if he could get him in the second. Not a really big fan of him, i want someone like Deanglo Williams, but i don't see anyone like that, a speed back that can truck.

I thought Boldin and Wilson recently got contracts.

fenikz
01-01-2008, 09:16 PM
i don;t know i like turner, kind of disaponted james didn't fair well, maybe he needs to split carries with another back. I think a speed back might compliment him well, someone like Slaton, if he could get him in the second. Not a really big fan of him, i want someone like Deanglo Williams, but i don't see anyone like that, a speed back that can truck.

I thought Boldin and Wilson recently got contracts.

Slaton reminds me too much of J.J. Arrington, i really don't like him as a NFL RB

brat316
01-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Wats our number one need, I think either DE, or Cb

Jensen
01-01-2008, 11:52 PM

I like Stewart better as well, but I still think Mendenhall has a good future in the NFL ahead of him. If he's still there in the 2nd, I'd definitely take him.

Jensen
01-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Slaton reminds me too much of J.J. Arrington, i really don't like him as a NFL RB

I agree with this. Slaton reminds me a lot of J.J. Arrington too, and I don't think that he warrants a 2nd round pick from the Cards. I'm still hoping that Arrington can turn it around, but it's looking like he never will.

Jensen
01-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Wats our number one need, I think either DE, or Cb

A #1 CB is what the Cards need the most. The secondary has been lost without Wilson in the lineup, and if either of the Jenkins are there in the 1st round I'm hoping the Cards will select them. If not, get somebody like McKlevin in the 2nd, although I doubt he would be there. A 3-4 OLB is probably the next greatest need, and it might be worth taking a shot with Groves in the 1st if both Jenkins are gone.

brat316
01-02-2008, 06:02 AM
hopefully Gohlston isn't to far out of our reach when we pick i think around 16-19

Jensen
01-02-2008, 10:25 AM
hopefully Gohlston isn't to far out of our reach when we pick i think around 16-19

Gholston will most likely be a top 5 pick.

fenikz
01-02-2008, 02:26 PM
I think if both Jenkins are gone we take a good look at Cason, he is a good play making corner and if his timed speed is in the 4.4. range I wouldn't mind him staying in AZ, if not Stewart, Otah, and Campbell should get a look, CB is our biggest need by far though

brat316
01-03-2008, 11:14 AM
We need fast corners that can play man coverage, Green and Rolle were both like cover 2 and nickel corners.

We just need someone with blazing speed.

johbur
01-06-2008, 12:15 AM
I think if both Jenkins are gone we take a good look at Cason, he is a good play making corner and if his timed speed is in the 4.4. range I wouldn't mind him staying in AZ, if not Stewart, Otah, and Campbell should get a look, CB is our biggest need by far though

Cason a great corner, and might fit the scheme. AZ just needs CBs that fit their defensive scheme. The CBs with Miami when they had a good defense and now with GB aren't necessarily blazing fast, but they're physical, play press coverage and throw WRs off their routes. At #16, I'd rather see an O-lineman and get the front solidified, or trade down into the mid-20's and pick up McKelvin plus extra picks.

fenikz
01-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Here is an interesting stat

Antonio Smith recovered 10 fumbles this year, definitely shows that he will work to get the ball in a pile

Who do you guys feel about drafting Calais Campbell DE Miami? In most likely hood both the Jenkins, Phillips and Gholston will be gone by our pick, so with Campbell we get our starting 4-3 RDE to replace Berry and Okeafor and another guy we can put in the rotation for the 3-4

brat316
01-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Campbell will be good for a 4-3, as for 3-4 I don't know. But I did hear that since he is 6-8, he still can fill out his frame and get to 290 300 lbs. If that is the case then he would work for us like Dockett, who plays DT and DE, depending on which scheme we run. I was big on Campbell last year, but this year was a little dissapointing, but maybe he was trying to avoid injury. Hopefully he puts up good combine numbers. If he runs say like a 4.6 or so then I am all for him and he puts on weight. He could become a good DE, for our 3-4.

I don't see him playing 3-4 Olb, I think he is just a pure DE, then again people thought the same about Suggs. He is still raw and doesn't have any real like moves to get to the ball, other than his speed. But with good numbers, I can be happy with that pick

fenikz
01-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Best of Q-Tip (Boldin's segment on Maximum Cardinals)

http://www.azcardinals.com/video_archive/flash_standalone.php?PRKey=319

http://www.azcardinals.com/video_archive/flash_standalone.php?PRKey=320

fenikz
01-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Since Norm Chow was fired do you there is any chance that the Cardinals try to get him as a QB coach? I really doubt he gets a OC position in the NFL and i'm not sure if he wants to go back to college yet. He has a proven track record of developing good QB's over their college careers

Steve Young
Jim Mcmahon
Phillip Rivers
Ty Detmer
Matt Leinart
Carson Palmer

scottyboy
01-25-2008, 01:17 PM
is there any chance Dansby leaves? just curious on what some whispers around the Cards is. I'd LOVE to have him in big blue next year

fenikz
01-26-2008, 01:10 AM
is there any chance Dansby leaves? just curious on what some whispers around the Cards is. I'd LOVE to have him in big blue next year

Word is that if they can't sign him to a long term deal he will be franchised and they will sign him to a long term deal next year, so about 95% chance he will be a Cardinal for awhile

Jensen
01-26-2008, 01:19 AM
Word is that if they can't sign him to a long term deal he will be franchised and they will sign him to a long term deal next year, so about 95% chance he will be a Cardinal for awhile

I will kill somebody if they don't sign Dansby to a long-term deal. They can franchise him this year as long as they sign him long-term next year. Besides Wilson, he is the next best player on the Cards defense.

fenikz
01-26-2008, 01:22 AM
I think he and Dockett are 2a and 2b but we have more depth at DT then at LB, basically Biesel backing up both spots on the inside