PDA

View Full Version : Noel Devine and three other WVU players arrested

P-L
03-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Seems like this would've been posted already, but I didn't see it. Sorry if it was.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3292510

princefielder28
03-13-2008, 10:54 PM
WVU produces some dandies

kwilk103
03-13-2008, 10:55 PM
heres the scoop

devine stepped on kids foot; kid pushed devine; both decided to settle outside

devine clocked the kid; kid said he was beat up by devine and 6 other football players (turned out to be 3); but he only had a busted lip and a hurt shoulder which he REFUSED med treatment

word around campus (and on the kids facebook) is he is looking for money (said on his away status thats hes hopin to get noels money)

likely get community service and/or a fine

kid wont get any money b/c devine has none

this kid is tough to get beat up by 4 football players and only have a busted lip and a hurt shoulder which wasnt bad enough for medical treatment---judge wont believe the shoulder was hurt with no med proof

punishment has been handled internally---no suspensions

no big deal according to coach stew---said dealing drugs is worse (see post below); that fights happen (see mcfadden, darren among others) and boys will be boys

only reason this is a big deal is b/c its devine; theres fights every weekend on every campus, including wvu

kwilk103
03-13-2008, 10:57 PM
the players arrested for intent to distribute have been kicked off the team---they are facing multiple penalties

Smokey Joe
03-13-2008, 11:22 PM
fights happen, but 3 or 4 on 1... what ever happened to mano y mano?

themaninblack
03-13-2008, 11:34 PM
chris henry n the pac man r gonna come down there and handle some bidness.

kwilk103
03-13-2008, 11:38 PM
fights happen, but 3 or 4 on 1... what ever happened to mano y mano?

idk, but to only come out with a busted lip?

seriously? you believe that?

plus, if it was just devine, i'd be embarassed to report that; hes only like 5'7 170; my friends would never let me hear the end of it

etk
03-13-2008, 11:41 PM
I don't care that he's short.....Devine would beat the living crap out of me, and I'm a big strong guy. He'd have to get me on the ground though.

I don't believe that 4 football players gangbeat 1 kid, no matter what his injuries were.

NGSeiler
03-14-2008, 12:06 AM
LOL @ Club Z getting the national name drop. Great for the downtown business!

As kwilk has pointed out, what I've heard of this guy's story hasn't exactly checked out. Seems like a pretty minor incident.

iowatreat54
03-14-2008, 01:37 AM
I wouldn't be embarrassed...if I got my butt kicked by the star of the football team, I would laugh because he just threw away his career...good career choice Noel, way to put your immaturity before a shot at pro football...if he was the first to throw, he should be at least suspended for the year

kwilk103
03-14-2008, 03:04 AM
I wouldn't be embarrassed...if I got my butt kicked by the star of the football team, I would laugh because he just threw away his career...good career choice Noel, way to put your immaturity before a shot at pro football...if he was the first to throw, he should be at least suspended for the year

suspended a year for a bar fight? seriously?

it happens all the time; he didnt throw away his pro career

the kid was lookin for money; his story doesnt match up with his injuries and its been inconsistent

hes already been punished by coach stew

iowatreat54
03-14-2008, 07:52 AM
suspended a year for a bar fight? seriously?

it happens all the time; he didnt throw away his pro career

the kid was lookin for money; his story doesnt match up with his injuries and its been inconsistent

hes already been punished by coach stew

yea, sorry, I was drunk...

but really, if it's anyone but a football player, they get charged with battery and are at least on probation for a year...but because he's a football player, he will get a slap on the wrist because that's how society works

Thunder&Lightning
03-14-2008, 09:29 AM
chris henry n the pac man r gonna come down there and handle some bidness.

hahahahaha

thanks kwilk for all the inside scoop. This really is only a big deal because it involves devine... people want to get on his case because they know he had a rough childhood.

SuperKevin
03-14-2008, 10:44 AM
You don't step on someone's kicks. I'm pretty sure that's how World War I started.

OregonDucks
03-14-2008, 11:08 AM
You don't step on someone's kicks. I'm pretty sure that's how World War I started.

hahahahahahahaha

someone447
03-14-2008, 11:21 AM

but really, if it's anyone but a football player, they get charged with battery and are at least on probation for a year...but because he's a football player, he will get a slap on the wrist because that's how society works

Not true at all, the vast majority of bar fights go unreported. It is only very, very few that get reported, and those usually involve someone famous. He is an 18/19 year old who got in a fight. Good luck finding a handful of people on ANY football team that hasn't gotten in a fight.

I was in a couple bar fights my freshman and sophomore years, never got anything more than cops telling us to break it up and make sure we had a sober ride. Unless the person ends up in the hospital(which the kid didn't) no one gets charges pressed(unless the other person is famous and wants to get some money.)

Noel Devine does have money, but it is with a wink and a nod that he got it.

DChess
03-14-2008, 11:39 AM
pretty sure this was a couple weeks ago, unless he got in another fight like he always does. i see him everyday, always cuts me in lines at clubs. pisses me off. and as i mentioned before tried to hook up witht he girl i used to hook up with.

anyways the dude he jumped lives on the floor above me, wasnt really messed up or anything. i heard it was just joque sanders and devine didnt know there was a third

kwilk103
03-14-2008, 11:57 AM

i figured you were drunk; it made no sense

but if it were a regular student, this wouldnt have made the papers, and the kid probably wouldnt have filed charges

iowatreat54
03-14-2008, 02:34 PM
i figured you were drunk; it made no sense

but if it were a regular student, this wouldnt have made the papers, and the kid probably wouldnt have filed charges

yea, I was referring to actual cases that got reported, not just bar fights in general (to the poster that quoted me above)

if a normal bar fight gets reported, and a student gets convicted of battery, at the very least the student would go on probation at the school and have some other consequences like fines...but because it is a high profile football player, the case will most likely get swept under the rug and Devine will have to do "community service" or something, maybe Stewart will not let him play the first quarter of their first game lol

mqtirishfan
03-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Why can't people just go have their fun and not get in fights? It's really not all that difficult.

PalmerToCJ
03-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Seemed a successful route for Pac Man and Henry, why not follow?

BamaFalcon59
03-14-2008, 04:53 PM

That is rediculous.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-14-2008, 04:59 PM
pretty sure this was a couple weeks ago, unless he got in another fight like he always does. i see him everyday, always cuts me in lines at clubs. pisses me off. and as i mentioned before tried to hook up witht he girl i used to hook up with.

anyways the dude he jumped lives on the floor above me, wasnt really messed up or anything. i heard it was just joque sanders and devine didnt know there was a third

Your lucky he doesn't just pull it out and slap you.

bigG
03-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Haha I been in Club Z before. There is nothing but little guido punks in there. A bunch of girls though. I would imagine a bunch of fights in there

kwilk103
03-15-2008, 10:56 PM
http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080315/SPORTS/80314080/1075

He threatened to kill me,” Devine said of a fellow student he allegedly assaulted Feb. 16 at a Morgantown, W.Va., nightclub.

He said at one point in the evening, the individual had grabbed a bottle from the bar and approached him, asking Devine if he “had a problem.”

“I tried to avoid (the threats) three different times,” Devine said.

Devine said that, as a result of the altercation, a Morgantown Municipal Court judge handed him a $250 court fee fine and 24 hours of community service, which he said he has until Aug. 28 to serve

Devine, who is 5-foot-8 and 175 pounds, said he is working to gain 5 pounds of muscle. He said he has increased his bench press to 405 pounds.

jbeans187
03-16-2008, 12:32 AM
just imagine jock sanders and noel beating down a guy that is of average height
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8659/devinelc9.jpg

VoteLynnSwan
03-16-2008, 02:01 AM
That picture makes Devine look like he's about 5'5''... Lyons is 6'8'' and assuming that height isn't much higher than actual... Devine equates to about 5'3'' (I measured)... of course he is leaning forward slightly, although at max i can only give him about 1in total... so assuming Lyons is actually only 6'7''... that would make Devine (maybe) 5'5''

he's a small one... i really like him too, but that size is gonna be an issue.

nikkayeah
03-16-2008, 02:30 AM
i'd rather have trindon holliday