PDA

View Full Version : Players from the combine who have impressed you

ccB
02-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Who have you seen in the combine so far that you wouldnt mind the ravens looking at?

I know one for me is Robert Meachem. He is a freak, ran a sub 4.4 40 and seems like a high character guy. I think he could be the 2nd WR in the draft.

Another dude who really impressed me was Chris Henry. He was 5'11 230 lb and ran a sub 4.4 40. Seemed like a physical specimen. I would rather have a more polished/experienced player but from a physical asspect that guy impressed me.

YouNeverKnow
02-25-2007, 06:47 PM
I was quite impressed with Ryan Kalil. He seemed very quick in the drills, posted a strong 40 time for putting on a little weight, and put up 34 reps. Plus he seemed like an intelligent, high character guy when talking with the press.

It would more depend on who's available at the bottom of the draft and whether or not we would be happy with having Chester as a guard instead of a center. If he could be had by moving a few picks down into the mid to late thirties I wouldn't have a problem drafting him.

ccB
02-25-2007, 06:53 PM
I was quite impressed with Ryan Kalil. He seemed very quick in the drills, posted a strong 40 time for putting on a little weight, and put up 34 reps. Plus he seemed like an intelligent, high character guy when talking with the press.

It would more depend on who's available at the bottom of the draft and whether or not we would be happy with having Chester as a guard instead of a center. If he could be had by moving a few picks down into the mid to late thirties I wouldn't have a problem drafting him.

Yeah I also like Kalil.

None of the QB's impressed me really.

Marshawn Lynchs 40 wasnt the greatest but I love his running style you can tell he runs with alot of power.

YouNeverKnow
02-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah I also like Kalil.

None of the QB's impressed me really.

Marshawn Lynchs 40 wasnt the greatest but I love his running style you can tell he runs with alot of power.

No I haven't been too impressed with any QB so far either, I don't see us picking anyone above round four at the earliest. I'm still quite comfortable having McNair and Boller going into camp as our two QB's.

I would love to have Lynch in the backfield paired with Anderson, but I really doubt he would drop anywhere near enough to us that we would be able to trade up without giving away our whole draft. Maybe someone will trade with us if we give them Clarence Moore cause he's tall.

I really would like to see the defensive back drills on Tuesday, I think there will be a few good corners that will impress and could do a good job as a nickel or dime back prospect for us, allowing us to cut Rolle after this coming season.

ccB
02-25-2007, 07:15 PM
No I haven't been too impressed with any QB so far either, I don't see us picking anyone above round four at the earliest. I'm still quite comfortable having McNair and Boller going into camp as our two QB's.

I would love to have Lynch in the backfield paired with Anderson, but I really doubt he would drop anywhere near enough to us that we would be able to trade up without giving away our whole draft. Maybe someone will trade with us if we give them Clarence Moore cause he's tall.

I really would like to see the defensive back drills on Tuesday, I think there will be a few good corners that will impress and could do a good job as a nickel or dime back prospect for us, allowing us to cut Rolle after this coming season.

I think CB is one of the first things we should adress draft day. We should take one either 1st or 2nd IMO

dcarey20
02-25-2007, 07:35 PM
if we don't go RB on day 1, i'd be happy to see us go with chris henry if he's there in round 5.

also, if chris houston works out as well as i'm expecting him to, i would like him in round 1.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-25-2007, 07:55 PM
The Garrett Wolfe 22 reps surprised me.

Ravens1991
02-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Chris Henry sounds like he has Jamal Lewis measurables, were is he projected to go?

Yung Flippa
02-25-2007, 09:52 PM
I Think That Chris Henry is Suppose To Go in The Late Rounds
I'm not Sure
I Think Either 5th or 6th Round
He is being slept on
He could become the Mike Bell Of Next Year

ccB
02-25-2007, 10:45 PM
I think tommorow is the biggest day of the combine for the ravens. We obviously are in need of LB and DL help. Im going to be looking at the 3-4 olb's, Especially Spencer, Moss,a nd Moses.

BigDawg819
02-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Calvin Johnson
Robert Meachem
Greg Olsen
Drew Stanton
Jason Hill (his 40 time)
Lorenzo Booker

niel89
02-26-2007, 01:07 AM

he is so tall.

ccB
02-26-2007, 11:50 AM
David Harris just ran an unofficial 4.53. This makes me drool hed fit perfectly as an ILB in the 3-4. I would love to get him in the 2nd to eventually replace Ray Ray. But after running a 4.53 i think he might have just made his way into the end of the 1st round.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-26-2007, 12:25 PM
I saw some LB ran a 4.40 unofficially never saw his name though.

ccB
02-26-2007, 12:37 PM
I saw some LB ran a 4.40 unofficially never saw his name though.

Patrick Willis ran a 4.49. I think the guy you saw may have been Tim Shaw (i think thats his name) from Penn state.

YouNeverKnow
02-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Has Paul Posluszny ran yet? I missed about half an hour trying to study. Or is he even participating in the combine?

Never mind, saw another post that said he ran a 4.68. I'm not sure about him in our system. I think he'll be a solid line backer I just don't know if he is athletic enough to do the things we ask from our line backers.
(http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/../scoutingreports/olb/paulposluszny.html)

ccB
02-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Has Paul Posluszny ran yet? I missed about half an hour trying to study. Or is he even participating in the combine?

Never mind, saw another post that said he ran a 4.68. I'm not sure about him in our system. I think he'll be a solid line backer I just don't know if he is athletic enough to do the things we ask from our line backers.
(http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/../scoutingreports/olb/paulposluszny.html)

I wouldnt mind him on our team. Hes got great instincts but I dont really see where hed fit on our team unless we switch back to a 4-3

YouNeverKnow
02-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I wouldnt mind him on our team. Hes got great instincts but I dont really see where hed fit on our team unless we switch back to a 4-3

If we did go back to a more traditional 4-3 I would like to have him. Having him learn from Lewis for two years would be a big benefit for him as well, helping him study film and whatnot like Reed did to pair with his good instincts.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Patrick Willis ran a 4.49. I think the guy you saw may have been Tim Shaw (i think thats his name) from Penn state.

Wasnt either of them the guy was from Florida International.

Ravens1991
02-26-2007, 05:21 PM
I think would not mind Harris he stuck out for me from the michigan games I saw, I think Willis fell out of our reach now.

ccB
02-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I think would not mind Harris he stuck out for me from the michigan games I saw, I think Willis fell out of our reach now.Yeah, WIllis' 40 put him in the top 20 for sure.

I could see Harris being selected by NE in the 1st round after his good day at the combine.

Troj2man
02-27-2007, 03:59 AM
Ryan Kalil, Antonio Pittman, Drew Stanton, Robert Meachem, and Dwayne Bowe all stood out to me in the limited time I watched the combine. Kalil was the most impressive out of everyone IMO. People forget that he added some weight and still put on an outstanding performance. That shows that he has the ability to grow without losing a step.

BigDawg819
02-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Jarvin Moss, he looked good......

YouNeverKnow
02-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Geeze Laron Landry ran a 4.35 according to NFL network. McCauley ran a 4.32 I thought I saw.

ChefMike
03-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Texas Tech OG Manuel Ramirez... 40 reps at 225lbs he is a beast and knows how to Pass Block. We need another beast like him up front...
Chris Henry is another one that impressed.. high 4.3's at 230lbs.. and pushed like 24 reps he is another physical beast...

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 04:52 AM
JOE STALEY

dcarey20
03-04-2007, 03:17 PM
JOE STALEY

how? he didn't even run and he was supposed to be the fastest olineman there.

anyway, i don't know if i said it already, but i wanted to have a chance at chris houston, but after the combine, there's no chance for him.