27-SAN DIEGO-Gosder Cherilus-RT
28-DALLAS-Felix Jones-RB
29-SAN FRANCISCO-Kentwan Balmer-DT
30-GREEN BAY-Kenny Phillips-SS
31-NY GIANTS-Reggie Smith-FS

keylime_5
03-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Reasoning Pick by Pick
1-MIAMI gets Chris Long. That's who they are said to be favoring, and he can either take Jason Taylor or Matt Roth's starting spot up front in Miami's 3-4 and be a force for over a decade.
2-ST LOUIS gets Jake Long who they like the most. Gholston gets a long look, but it's apparent that St.Louis is favoring Jake more than Vern, and if Chris Long is taken then Jake Long is a Ram.
3-ATLANTA needs a QB, but they are said to be leaning towards not taking one at #3 overall. Jake Long would be a slam dunk, but St.Louis has him #2 on their board, so Atlanta settles for a stud DT, and Glenn is the top one in the draft.
4-OAKLAND loves, or should I say Al Davis loves playmakers who can change the score in one play. Darren is the guy they want and he'll probably be their pick
5-KANSAS CITY needs 3 new starting linemen, and while Dorsey or Ellis would make sense if availalbe, Clady grades out almost as well and is certailny a top 10 pick, and there's over an 80% IMO that he is a Chief barring a Carolina trade up.
6-NEW YORK will take McFadden or one of the Longs, but those 3 will be gone here. Gholston can be a stud pass rushing OLB to pair with Calvin Pace, relegating Bryan Thomas to the rotational role at OLB.
7-NEW ENGLAND will probably take the best corner available. It will be either DRC or Leodis, and from what I gather most teams think Leodis is the #1 CB in the draft. Therefore I put McKelvin at #7 overall.
8-BALTIMORE would jump on Ryan here to solve their longterm QB issues instead of waiting on Troy Smith. If Ryan goes #1 or #3, then a cornerback is the pick, and they like Leodis a lot.
9-CINCINNATI would get a slam dunk in Sedrick Ellis to be their starter next to Domata Peko. But if for some crazy reason Glenn Dorsey were here too, they'd pick him and the Bengals could throw a party.
10-NEW ORLEANS gets the best availalble corner, and DRC is it here. Could be McKelvin if he falls this far, but I doubt that. IF both are gone, then Jenkins is the pick. Ellis could be too if something strange happens.
11-BUFFALO loses out on Bryant Johnson and takes either Limas Sweed or Malcolm Kelly. If Kelly runs between 4.4 and 4.55 then he should be a Bill. Jenkins or Talib are possibilities, but I think they will reach for a receiver here.
12-DENVER gets Rivers to play mike with Williams at the will and Bailey at the sam. Slam dunk pick, but Clady would be the pick if available.
13-CAROLINA craves Ryan Clady, but he'll be gone. So if they don't trade up they'll almost certainly get a left tackle. Chris Williams makes sense, but I think almost every NFL team will have Jeff Otah rated higher, and he can certainly play left tackle for Carolina, and will fit John Fox's mentality well.
14-CHICAGO will go left tackle here too I think, and if Otah's gone then Chris Wiliams is a great option to settle for.
15-DETROIT needs a back and a defensive end. I think they like Mendenhall more than Harvey or Merling, so I say they pick 'Shard.
16-ARIZONA will go corner here, and Jenkins is the best one available. If he's gone then they'll get Talib.
17-MINNESOTA wants a DE badly. Harvey is a speed rusher who fits perfectly in the Vikings plans.
18-HOUSTON could get a corner or left tackle here, but every time I don't put a RB in this slot I feel bad. Stewart is a great value here and will be a perfect fit in Kubiak's offense.
19-PHILADELPHIA will probably want Malcolm Kelly here, but if Buffalo takes him then I thikn they'll get Desean to be the playmaker McNabb needs, and also gives them their stud return man to kill 2 birds with one stone.
20-TAMPA gets a bargain here with Sweed, the big athletic guy who is perfect for what they want in a WR.
21-WASHINGTON gets Merling here. No brainer if he's availalbe, which I almost kinda doubt he will be.
22-DALLAS takes Talib to push Henry at one corner spot, or at least gives them a great nickelback for 2008 before he eventually becomes the starting CB across from Newman.
23-PITTSBURGH takes Albert to play LG, though he is versatile enough to play any spot except center and maybe left tackle longterm.
24-TENNESSEE needs a WR desperately, and Devin Thomas is a potential guy who fits their mentality well and will be a solid playmaker instantly.
25-SEATTLE can take MMM as he is a great route runner and a terrific deep threat, and a perfect fit for their WCO.
26-JACKSONVILLE gets a slam dunk in Campbell. Big defensive lineman like Del Rio loves who can get to the passer very well. Lots of upside and a perfect fit if he falls to #26.
27-SAN DIEGO gets their right tackle in Cherilus. Like a glove.
28-DALLAS takes Felix Jones to change it up with Marion Barber and he'll be the homerun hitter in the backfield as well as a kick returner. Lots of people think this pick happens
29-SAN FRANCISCO needs a pass rusher. I put Balmer here as a run stopper to play DE in their 3-4, though I'm not sold on it yet. This can give them a solid D-Line of Franklin at NT, Smith at one end, and Balmer at the other. Groves can be this pick if not Balmer.
30-GREEN BAY needs a corner to eventually replace the veteran duo they have now, but the value of adding Kenny Philips to replace either Nick Collins or (more likely)Atari Bigby in the starting lineup is a FAR better value.
31-GIANTS get Reggie Smith to step in at free safety. LeBron James slam dunk pick.

T-RICH49
03-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Clady is NOT worth the 5th overall pick especially if Dorsey or Ellis is there

Addict
03-14-2008, 02:59 PM
I'd love Rashard Mendenhall on the lions roster.

thebow305
03-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Great Miami pick!

eaglesalltheway
03-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Jackson is a good return man, but will never be a #1 target in the NFL, and that is what we need. If you were going to go WR here for the Eagles, Sweed would be the best option in this situation. But the best possible pick for the Eagles would be Kenny Phillips.

JagHombre22
03-14-2008, 03:58 PM
I agree with the Jax pick...

Matthew Jones
03-14-2008, 04:32 PM
McKelvin pick sucks.

keylime_5
03-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Jackson is a good return man, but will never be a #1 target in the NFL, and that is what we need. If you were going to go WR here for the Eagles, Sweed would be the best option in this situation. But the best possible pick for the Eagles would be Kenny Phillips.

Jackson sure looked like a #1 guy in college, and despite his 5-10/170 frame he could team up with Brown to make a good 1-2 punch at WR, and I think they'd go for Jackson's superior playmaking and return ability over Sweed, who is basically a good #2 himself but not as big a playmaker and not a return man. I think most teams will have Kelly/Jackson/Sweed as their top 3 receivers on their board in that order.

Jakey
03-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Nice Steelers pick :)

keylime_5
03-14-2008, 05:22 PM
McKelvin pick sucks.

It's hard to read what new england plans to do for the draft this early. IF they are looking corner you gotta think they'll go for DRC or McKelvin like I said. Rivers is a reach in every stretch at 7th overall and I really don't think that'll ever happen. Therefore they'll probably take a corner (which is a position more worth the pick anyways), and both DRC and LM are good in zone and man.

Bills2083
03-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I'd be fine with Kelly, but I like Sweed a little bit more.

defensiveback23
03-14-2008, 05:34 PM
DB is a more pressing need than RT for the Chargers and the Value for Phillips is far greater than Cherilus. I can't see us passing on Phillips for anybody except possibly Reggie Smith or Cromartie.

Dr. Gonzo
03-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Perfect Vikings pick.

scottyboy
03-14-2008, 07:05 PM
excellent Giants pick, we need secondary help. THANK YOU FOR NOT GIVING US DAN CONNOR! :D

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Give Oakland Gholston.RB isnt a need but DE is.

P-L
03-14-2008, 07:07 PM
I think Mendenhall is definitely the favorite for Detroit's pick right now.

OSUGiants17
03-14-2008, 08:08 PM
GREAT giants pick

msealy2
03-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Perfect Vikings pick.

princefielder28
03-14-2008, 09:20 PM
acceptable Packers pick

keylime_5
03-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Give Oakland Gholston.RB isnt a need but DE is.

This isn't about who teams should draft, it's about who they will draft. A lot of people in league circles are saying that Oakland is gonna take McFadden.

BaLLiN
03-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Reggie Smith- Giants, i love this pick.

Oaktown1981
03-15-2008, 01:37 AM
McFadden is a good pick.

nikkayeah
03-15-2008, 03:42 AM
groves would be a much better pick than balmer. i think that ray mcdonald should start at de for the niners and there is good enough depth at that position. we have no pass rushers at all and groves is one of the best at that in the draft

Yatta!
03-15-2008, 07:19 AM
would love that Packers pick!

ATLDirtyBirds
03-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Love Dorsey...Great pick.

keylime_5
03-15-2008, 10:37 AM
groves would be a much better pick than balmer. i think that ray mcdonald should start at de for the niners and there is good enough depth at that position. we have no pass rushers at all and groves is one of the best at that in the draft

I strongly considered Groves there, and I might change it eventually, but I just didn't want to see Kentwan drop out of the first.

Thunder&Lightning
03-15-2008, 11:53 AM
not feeling the chargers pick with phillips and smith still available

Go_Eagles77
03-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Don't like the eagles pick. Give us a WR but not Jackson, Sweed and Thomas would both be good.