PDA

View Full Version : The Exodus Continues . . . Kenoy Kennedy Cut

Xiomera
03-14-2008, 04:09 PM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/03/with_pearson_in_kennedys_out.html

Seriously guys, if we can't call this the start of another total rebuilding process than I don't know what more it would take . . .

Geo
03-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Hahaha, I think I have Millen figured out. :D

WMD
03-14-2008, 04:19 PM
KENOY!! Finally.. though he had a pretty good year for us last year. Pretty much saw this coming with all of the other Safeties signing in..

Yet ANOTHER failed Matt Millen signing!

Geo
03-14-2008, 04:24 PM
AD is sad his favorite Lions poster boy is gone, I'm sure.

Go Blue
03-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Cant say we didnt see that coming. Good ridence!

DoWnThEfiElD
03-14-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm in awe that this organization can be this poor. He probably never needed to be signed in the first place. If we would have done this 5 years ago, and admitted we needed to rebuild, instead of saying we can win now, we may, and I stress may, have a decent team now.

Scotty D
03-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Roster turnover!11!!!!. Any players that we have lost that you guys actually are going miss? The only one I'm thinking is Kevin Jones. I can't wait to compare this years kick off roster to last years.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
03-14-2008, 04:56 PM
The only other one I may miss will be Shaun Rogers. Though Shaun was lazy and overweight, 60% of him may be better than 100% of no-talent players. The key is Mr. Darby and his health. I think Cody and Moore are absolute trash. The reason everyone noticed Rogers on the sidelines is because Cody and Moore are trash.

asmitty45
03-14-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm very much in favor of this move.

Most pre-marinelli are gone and its probably not stopping any time soon.

Addict
03-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Finally, it was about time they cut that idiot. That fat paycheck dissappears with him... Good riddance.

Glad to see the front office is finally starting to go into rebuilding mode.

P-L
03-14-2008, 05:19 PM
This is our 4th "rebuilding" mode under Matt Millen. How many GM's get more than one?

Addict
03-14-2008, 05:35 PM
This is our 4th "rebuilding" mode under Matt Millen. How many GM's get more than one?

3: Millen, Millen and of course Millen!

Geo
03-14-2008, 05:36 PM
If at first you don't succeed ... get it right on your fifth attempt.

bearsfan_51
03-14-2008, 05:39 PM

It's simple really. Before the Lions can win, they have to get rid of all the bad players brought in by Millen and replace them with new bad players brought in by Millen. It can't fail.

Addict
03-14-2008, 05:51 PM
It's simple really. Before the Lions can win, they have to get rid of all the bad players brought in by Millen and replace them with new bad players brought in by Millen. It can't fail.

He actually wrote a one page report on how to save the franchise... it read:

"Fire everyone from plan A, then, repeat plan A while chaning all names"

toonsterwu
03-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Eh ... this had to be expected with Alexander and Bullocks. I wouldn't call this rebuilding but rather just roster turnover (otherwise you wouldn't pursue guys like Brian Kelly in rebuilding). I also don't think this is rebuilding in that they can be competitive next year.

That said, to take the next step to be a good team, they need to rebuild the trenches. Don't love either side of the lines.

Addict
03-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Eh ... this had to be expected with Alexander and Bullocks. I wouldn't call this rebuilding but rather just roster turnover (otherwise you wouldn't pursue guys like Brian Kelly in rebuilding). I also don't think this is rebuilding in that they can be competitive next year.

That said, to take the next step to be a good team, they need to rebuild the trenches. Don't love either side of the lines.

there's very little to like I agree.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
03-15-2008, 09:29 AM
This is not rebuilding.

This is "ReBuccaneering"

Addict
03-15-2008, 09:37 AM
This is not rebuilding.

This is "ReBuccaneering"

Piracy is illegal.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
03-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Piracy is illegal.

Did u say this somewhere else. I knew I got in from somewhere so that is why i put the quotes around it.

Iamcanadian
03-15-2008, 02:23 PM

none!!!

Is Millen rebuilding or did he just reach cap hell with all his overpaid players and needs the cap space to sign his rookies.

detroit4life
03-15-2008, 02:38 PM
i dont think hes rebuilding he is gettin rid of some palyers who dont have a spot on this team anymore. KJ is a little surprising but kennoy and Kalimba are over paid players that arent even going to earn a starting spot this year. We're in some money issues as well and thats how ill explain KJ. He's being paid a lot of money to be a huge question mark

Addict
03-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Did u say this somewhere else. I knew I got in from somewhere so that is why i put the quotes around it.

hahaa no. I just have a very bad sense of humor, that's all.

boisefan
04-05-2008, 06:35 PM
How was Alexander for you last year? Great safety from Boise state, do you think he will be starting next year again?

detknowitall
04-06-2008, 09:09 AM

It couldnt get any worse.

On another note I actually like Cody. i think he did well in what playing time he got in his short time here.

Scotty D
04-06-2008, 04:11 PM
How was Alexander for you last year? Great safety from Boise state, do you think he will be starting next year again?

Him, Bullocks, and Dwight Smith will all get a ton of playing time. I"m not sure if Gerald will actually start, but he will no doubt see the field a lot.

detroit4life
04-06-2008, 07:07 PM
i think alexander will start. Right now we dont know was bullocks is doing in terms of his knee. Alexander was one of our best defensive players last year im pretty sure he's locked into the starting FS spot