PDA

View Full Version : Tornado hits Atlanta and Georgia Dome

d34ng3l021
03-14-2008, 10:06 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/03/14/atlanta.tornado/index.html

Proof that the Falcons luck is just pure ****. Hope nobody got hurt too badly.

Didnt know whether to put it in NFL or Off topic.

neko4
03-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Trade Schaub
Vick goes to jail
Season sucks
Petrino ditches team
Georgia dome gets damaged probably costing millions of bucks

I'd say luck-wise, theres has been the worst next to teams who had players die (Washington, Denver)

Young Legend
03-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Im watching the video on ESPN..pretty crazy

KCJ58
03-14-2008, 11:04 PM
this should be in off-topic how does it even relate to NFL it's not like the Falcons where playing

Forenci
03-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Im watching the video on ESPN..pretty crazy

Where exactly is the video on ESPN? Can't seem to find it..

LonghornsLegend
03-14-2008, 11:38 PM
I was watching the game as it was happening, it was pretty crazy...The coaches had literally quit worrying about the game, and went to find their wife and kids...It looked like something was going to fall and collapse on the floor, it was a scary sight...

The Great Jonathan Vilma
03-15-2008, 12:01 AM
I was watching the game as it was happening, it was pretty crazy...The coaches had literally quit worrying about the game, and went to find their wife and kids...It looked like something was going to fall and collapse on the floor, it was a scary sight...

what game were u watching??

LonghornsLegend
03-15-2008, 12:22 AM
what game were u watching??

you didnt see the Alabama Miss St game? once people heard the wind start blowing into the stadium and the rafters shaking over head people were frantic, the Alabama head coach was just in a pre game interview talking about he wasnt worried about the game he was just trying to find his wife and kids, and judging from the overhead rafter it was looking as if it might collapse on the gym floor.

Dam8610
03-15-2008, 01:15 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/03/14/atlanta.tornado/index.html

Proof that the Falcons luck is just pure ****. Hope nobody got hurt too badly.

Didnt know whether to put it in NFL or Off topic.

They've become the 2006 Saints.

TitanHope
03-15-2008, 01:39 AM
I watched it live too.

Damage-wise, it didn't look too terribly bad; at least not a million dollars worth bad. Probably some minor structural damage, aside from the northern part of the arena which almost had a hole ripped through it.

But it seemed worse than it was. The people in the arena heard a train-like noise, and then the arena started shaking. The suspended roof started swaying, and the scaffolding around the arena started shaking too. They also showed the top of the arena where you could see a tarp-like material being hit so hard by wind that it was literraly rippling along the roof. It was pretty intense, and if you were in the nosebleed section, you were gettin out of there.