PDA

View Full Version : '07 Draft Thread

Go Cowboys
02-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Discuss any draft plans or needs or anything involving the Cowboys Draft.

Dave
02-25-2007, 06:40 PM
If they took Aaron Ross I wouldn't be surprised.

Go Cowboys
02-25-2007, 06:56 PM

I think that may end up being the pick if he has a good combine

Staubach12
02-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Once again, I say that we should be agressive in FA, grab Steinbach or Dockery and Ken Hamlin and then go WR in the first.

bigmac076
02-25-2007, 07:13 PM

I want Ross, unless Hall is still there of course

TNewFan41
02-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Once again, I say that we should be agressive in FA, grab Steinbach or Dockery and Ken Hamlin and then go WR in the first.

I agree. It would be hard to get top name Fa's with us needing to resign columbo and pick up bonuses on players

TNewFan41
02-25-2007, 07:19 PM
I want Ross, unless Hall is still there of course
I would rather have houston or hall instead of ross. i am not saying ross is bad though. i watched houston shut Dwayne Jarrett down though and i was shocked...anyone else see him at the combine he is ripped! and was 5-10 188

Dave
02-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I feel as though Ross is more of a complete player at corner than basically any other corner in the draft at this point, regardless of his combine. I feel that there will also be absolutely no pick that we could make in Round 1 for a WR that wouldn't be viewed as a reach, it's just realistically not gonna happen.

TNewFan41
02-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I feel as though Ross is more of a complete player at corner than basically any other corner in the draft at this point, regardless of his combine. I feel that there will also be absolutely no pick that we could make in Round 1 for a WR that wouldn't be viewed as a reach, it's just realistically not gonna happen.
What are you talking about!? Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett, Robert Meachem all would not be reaches. i feel as if we go corner but you can't honestly say those guys are a reach at 22.

TNewFan41
02-25-2007, 07:53 PM
I don't see how he could be more complete either...he had 1 good year and is 25...he is fully matured and that helps...houston, hall, revis are all really good cover corners

Dave
02-25-2007, 07:57 PM
What are you talking about!? Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett, Robert Meachem all would not be reaches. i feel as if we go corner but you can't honestly say those guys are a reach at 22.

I don't think any of those guys will honestly be there. Possibly Meachem.

Go Cowboys
02-25-2007, 08:00 PM
My Big Board for top picks for 22 is like this (Only guys likely to be there)

1. Leon Hall
2. Robert Meachem
3. Aaron Ross

You all forget that we run the 3-4 and Chris Houston would be nothing more then a nickle guy in our D

In the 3-4 you have ot have taller Corners who are more physical(Or the good 3-4 teams do and so do we lately)

M.O.T.H.
02-25-2007, 08:00 PM
If and once again I say if... The Hawks let Hamlin go... He is gonna want near top dollar, he's coming off of another big year. Heard the 49ers are interested, we dont have the money to get into a bidding war with them, especially for a 2nd/3rd tier safety. That being said I do like em. (insert smiley face)

Dave
02-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Aaron Ross > Leon Hall

jivixzoner
02-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Aaron Ross is a second rounder not a first.

Paul
02-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Aaron Ross > Leon Hall

Agreed. I like the length and play of ross much more then Hall. Plus a he's a decent kick returner.

But I'm still not sold on the idea of CB in the 1st. Maybe it's because I really don't see Henry at FS as others do. Reggie Nelson or trade down are my preferred options.

Paul
02-25-2007, 09:13 PM

Good argument.

Dave
02-25-2007, 09:15 PM

I await your defense, if you don't have one i'll understand. Because you're wrong.

TNewFan41
02-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't think any of those guys will honestly be there. Possibly Meachem.

oh. well then i'd have to agree with you IF that were the case :D

TNewFan41
02-25-2007, 09:42 PM
My Big Board for top picks for 22 is like this (Only guys likely to be there)

1. Leon Hall
2. Robert Meachem
3. Aaron Ross

You all forget that we run the 3-4 and Chris Houston would be nothing more then a nickle guy in our D

In the 3-4 you have ot have taller Corners who are more physical(Or the good 3-4 teams do and so do we lately)

that doesn't even make sense where did you learn something like that...terrence newman is 5-11 and houston is 5-10...Houston is a very physical corner iv'e seen him in quite a few games...if he could dominate 6-5 Dwayne jarrett he'll be fine

thule
02-25-2007, 10:05 PM
that doesn't even make sense where did you learn something like that...terrence newman is 5-11 and houston is 5-10...Houston is a very physical corner iv'e seen him in quite a few games...if he could dominate 6-5 Dwayne jarrett he'll be fine

The difference is...WR's can beat jams in the pro's. Don't get my wrong...I think Houston is a great cb...but your basing his ranking on a 2 min clip that mayock broke down at the combine doesn't make you an expert.

jivixzoner
02-25-2007, 10:10 PM
I await your defense, if you don't have one i'll understand. Because you're wrong.

He's not very physical and needs to get stronger, he's going to have a lot of miss tackles. He doesn't have a lot of starting experience. And i doubt he'll play safty in the NFL.

thule
02-25-2007, 10:17 PM
During his NFL Combine interview, Florida State LB Lawrence Timmons said he spoke with the Dallas Cowboys.

During his NFL Combine interview, Georgia DE Charles Johnson said he talked with the Dallas Cowboys. He was told by the team that he would work at outside linebacker.

During his NFL Combine interview, Central Michigan DE Dan Bazuin said the Dallas Cowboys talked to him and asked if he could play outside linebacker in a 3-4 defensive scheme.

The Dallas Cowboys have expressed interest in NFL draft prospect WR Aundrae Allison (East Carolina).

per kffl.com

I wonder if this means carp is to move inside. The is surely interesting to see we are targetting a OLB at 22. I would still say Moss and Spencer our are best bet at 22 if we are looking for a rush backer. I still like Woodley in the second.

Paul
02-25-2007, 11:05 PM
He's not very physical and needs to get stronger, he's going to have a lot of miss tackles. He doesn't have a lot of starting experience. And i doubt he'll play safty in the NFL.

"Does not have a ton of starting experience...Is not very physical and needs to get stronger..."

Have any original Ideas?

He's a CB, who said he's going to play saftey? And I guess starting expierence didn't hinder him from winning the Jim Thorpe award. And name one corner that started all 4-5 years while in college. And he's 6'1 192, which is bigger then Terrence. And he recorded 80 tackles last year, not bad for a CB.

TNewFan41
02-25-2007, 11:25 PM
i think ross is r.2 i like Houstonpersonally after watching him play here's a pic of him for 5-10 he ain't little at ALL!
http://myspace-124.vo.llnwd.net/01555/42/13/1555063124_l.jpg

DancingMonkey
02-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Ross is 25? Dang. Can we draft any CBs while they're still young? :P

I can't wait to see the DBs workout on Tuesday - going to be very interesting with how many of them we're discussing here.

Paul
02-26-2007, 12:37 AM

Yeah, thinking the same thing. But it doesn't mean they can get better. Look at Terrence and to a certain extent Carlos Rogers.

thule
02-26-2007, 12:39 AM
It'll be very interesting to see what phillips talks about after tuesday. Because at this point it looks like a edge rusher is our target at 22...scary as hell to me.

robert_in_bigd
02-26-2007, 07:40 AM
During his NFL Combine interview, Florida State LB Lawrence Timmons said he spoke with the Dallas Cowboys.

During his NFL Combine interview, Georgia DE Charles Johnson said he talked with the Dallas Cowboys. He was told by the team that he would work at outside linebacker.

During his NFL Combine interview, Central Michigan DE Dan Bazuin said the Dallas Cowboys talked to him and asked if he could play outside linebacker in a 3-4 defensive scheme.

The Dallas Cowboys have expressed interest in NFL draft prospect WR Aundrae Allison (East Carolina).

per kffl.com

I wonder if this means carp is to move inside. The is surely interesting to see we are targetting a OLB at 22. I would still say Moss and Spencer our are best bet at 22 if we are looking for a rush backer. I still like Woodley in the second.

If they go 3-4 OLB somewhere early, don't you think a Abiamiri, Woodley late two or Jacob Ford late 3 makes more sense? Maybe even a Tank late 2 if we go D in the pits?

The late 1 (based on the combine) could land us in our lap a talent like Levi Brown, Meachem, or Marshawn Lynch. Someone on Offense if you ask me.

The late 2 if not D maybe a Ramirez or Blalock or Sears, depending on FA. Maybe even a Sidney Rice, Tony Hunt or Bush?

Either way I think we go O 2 of the first 3 unless a stud falls. If we go OLB try to get the best athlete and let him play ST and develop. We have so many OLB.

Thoughts?

robert_in_bigd
02-26-2007, 07:41 AM

I can't wait to see the DBs workout on Tuesday - going to be very interesting with how many of them we're discussing here.

I would not draft anyone over 23 for obvious reasons. Play Texas Football with the body of a 25 year old is not fair. Can you imagine a 19 year old WR versus a 25 year old man?

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 07:56 AM
WTF?!?!?!?!

This site is broken, it says I am posting all this stuff but I am not, it is MTMock.

Previous posts say TNewFan41 but it is not me, WTF?!?!?! It is MTMock.............

mtmock
02-26-2007, 08:50 AM
i no. i said all that. someone tell scott .that is weird

mtmock
02-26-2007, 09:03 AM
I would not draft anyone over 23 for obvious reasons. Play Texas Football with the body of a 25 year old is not fair. Can you imagine a 19 year old WR versus a 25 year old man?

thats what i have been saying for like a month finally someone agrees with me!!! it's an unfair advantage.

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 09:57 AM
w/e,the site is still MESSED UP, fix it D.

as for the draft, Ross is 25? WTF!!!!!! Don't take him, we need a young cornerback.

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Tank Tyler ran a 5.33, D-Unit he will be lucky to go in the 2nd, sorry.

D-Unit
02-26-2007, 03:04 PM
If the Cowboys draft an OLB props to them. Phillips wants to make a sexy pick and nothing is more sexier than a pass rushing hard core OLB... He's probably trying to find a guy like Shawne Merriman to play opposite of Ware... Knowing full well that Ellis is old and Carpenter is the future at ILB.

Where we are picking, I'd love to grab a big OLB. Crowder really stuck out to me from the Combine.

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Why does everyone say Carpenter is an ILB?!?!?!?

NO HE IS NOT!!!!

D-Unit
02-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Why does everyone say Carpenter is an ILB?!?!?!?

NO HE IS NOT!!!!
He doesn't have nearly the speed I like for an OLB. Plus he already has a year under his belt learning the position.

jdnoyes
02-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Parcells made it pretty clear that Carp's future was inside, and i'm guessing he passed on to Wade that he felt he was a much better fit there as well. Wade has also been quoted as saying his starting OLB's at this point are Ware and Ellis. I think Carp would may a great 3 down inside guy. Could you imagine Ware coming from one edge and say a Jarvis Moss from the other. Pass rush tends to make average secondaries look good, bring it on. Who's to say Carp can't be Wade's Donnie Edwards.

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 04:46 PM
D-Unit, Carp ran a 4.58, that is plenty fast, I like him at OLB, but w/e, it will help our inside coverage greatly.

And on a seperate note, in his interview on NFL Network, Adrian Peterson said if he could play for any team he would pay for the Cowboys. I know we have no shot, but I love the kid and if we traded up for him I would run down the street naked.

JJJ888
02-26-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm not ready to spend another first round pick on a linebacker...I still like Carpenter outside, and Ellis should be back...and I feel like James and Ayodele are good inside. We could use a little depth, but I think those guys are still solid starters.

I might be willing to spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on a pass-rusher, however. Or a guy like Tully Banta-Cain might be intriguing.

Poet3334
02-26-2007, 05:12 PM
I would keep an eye out for Dan Bazuin as a pass rushing option, possibly in the third round.

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 05:17 PM
I agree with JJJ888, our starting 4 LBs are all 27 or under, and we have 2 back to back first rounders. Every position isn't linebacker. If we even spend a 2nd rounder on a LB I will be upset, that is just to much money in one spt.

And don't say that crap that you can't have to many 3-4 LBs, umm yes you can.

mtmock
02-26-2007, 05:34 PM
I agree with JJJ888, our starting 4 LBs are all 27 or under, and we have 2 back to back first rounders. Every position isn't linebacker. If we even spend a 2nd rounder on a LB I will be upset, that is just to much money in one spt.

And don't say that crap that you can't have to many 3-4 LBs, umm yes you can.
if we got a charles johnson i'd be happy as long as all the top DB's are gone, i want them to take the best player available from our needs DB,OLB,WR,O-line as long if it ain't r.1. ellis might not be 100% he's gonna be 31 or 32 and coming off a torn ACL he might not ever play the same again...If carp can replace Ayodele inside and we get a good R.1 guy to play outside whats wrong with that? i am not encouraging it by the way just stating if we did it would make sense

D-Unit
02-26-2007, 06:01 PM
I would keep an eye out for Dan Bazuin as a pass rushing option, possibly in the third round.
Well, we did interview him, so that put it in the realm of possibility. A lot of the guys we've interviewed have been OLB prospects in the range of 270 pounds. The size of Merriman.

...and btw Balaskonis, Carp ran a 4.67 not a 4.58...

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 06:53 PM
O, I thought I heard a 4.58, w/e.

And Merriman ran a 4.67, look at him. Although I don't think he is that great and Ware is better, personally.

Poet3334
02-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Well, we did interview him, so that put it in the realm of possibility. A lot of the guys we've interviewed have been OLB prospects in the range of 270 pounds. The size of Merriman.

...and btw Balaskonis, Carp ran a 4.67 not a 4.58...

I believe the 4.58 was AJ Hawk.

Poet3334
02-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Very interesting. I've seen Bazuin play. Very high energy guy with good speed and quickness for a 270 pound man, or for any man for that point. I'd love CJ as well, although we'd have to take him in the first.

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Why does everyone want a LB? We have to many as it is.

If we draft a LB on day 1 i'm gonna brake my TV.

Poet3334
02-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Why does everyone want a LB? We have to many as it is.

If we draft a LB on day 1 i'm gonna brake my TV.

You're probably gonna break your TV then...

robert_in_bigd
02-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Jacob Ford for OLB in the 3rd or something similar. Woodley may fall to the third too. He did not run. First two need to go Offense.

My ideal mock is something like this:

Levi Brown
Sidney Rice or Michael Bush
Jacob Ford

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Well I won't brake it if it is in the 3rd, but secon or first and the baseball bat is threw the Vizio.

And with the age advantage point, I agree. We got lucky with Newman, but I don't want to take that risk again.

Poet3334
02-26-2007, 07:20 PM
There are 3 rounds the first day

Poet3334
02-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Jacob Ford for OLB in the 3rd or something similar. Woodley may fall to the third too. He did not run. First two need to go Offense.

Levi Brown
Jacob Ford

That's pretty good. The only difference in mine is Nelson in the first.

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 07:23 PM
I know there are 3 rounds on the first day, but if we pick a LB in the 3rd I won't be that mad, but in the 1st or 2nd is just stupid in my mind. The only one that I wouldn't brake my TV over is Patrick Willis.

mtmock
02-26-2007, 07:31 PM

Levi Brown
Jacob Ford

who will brown replace? 1st round OL is out of the picture Jones doesn't value them as 1st round value. we should draft the best available DB in r.1. i'd rather have allison or steve smith or jason hill r.2
r.3 posibly manuel ramirez OG or the best available player.

Poet3334
02-26-2007, 07:31 PM
I know there are 3 rounds on the first day, but if we pick a LB in the 3rd I won't be that mad, but in the 1st or 2nd is just stupid in my mind. The only one that I wouldn't brake my TV over is Patrick Willis.

We very well could pick one in the first two rounds, but I don't think we will. Patrick Willis will be a good player somewhere. Your TV is safe IMO

D-Unit
02-26-2007, 07:32 PM

Levi Brown
Jacob Ford
Any FA signings taken into consideration?

D-Unit
02-26-2007, 07:35 PM
My ideal mock:

1st - Reggie Nelson or LaRon Landry
2nd - DeMarcus Tyler
3rd - Mason Crosby

mtmock
02-26-2007, 07:37 PM
crosby s overrated medlock is more accurate and we could get him r.4 . crosby was around 75% thats like taking vanderjagt back. crosby could kick far but has mediocre accuracy. I say we should just stick w/ gramatica.

Poet3334
02-26-2007, 07:37 PM
My IDEAL mock:

1st- Laron Landry
2nd- Anthony Gonzalez
3rd- Dan Bazuin

mtmock
02-26-2007, 07:40 PM
gonzo is overrated...he was never a number one and always got the single coverages...he'll be nothing...hill,allison,smith would be better value :D

D-Unit
02-26-2007, 07:42 PM
crosby s overrated medlock is more accurate and we could get him r.4 . crosby was around 75% thats like taking vanderjagt back. crosby could kick far but has mediocre accuracy. I say we should just stick w/ gramatica.
How is taking him in the 3rd overrated? That's just dumb. Medlock is the one that's terrible! Are you not following the combine? Medlock is weak and TERRRIBLE! His kicks were all over the place. He's the one everybody is overrating because he won a silly contest on ESPN. Get real.

thule
02-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Since we are on ideal offseasons.

Give me a top tier OG in FA

1)Ross/Revis/Houston
2)Hill/Rice
3)Beekman/Crosby/Free

D-Unit
02-26-2007, 07:46 PM
gonzo is overrated...he was never a number one and always got the single coverages...he'll be nothing...hill,allison,smith would be better value :D
You keep saying everyone is overrated... Where is this book you have that says who is overrated and who is not? Whatever the name of that book is.... IT'S OVERRATED!

mtmock
02-26-2007, 09:39 PM
You keep saying everyone is overrated... Where is this book you have that says who is overrated and who is not? Whatever the name of that book is.... IT'S OVERRATED!
Wow i feel smarter...Ok then tell me what's good about him if your'e so smart

mtmock
02-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Since we are on ideal offseasons.

Give me a top tier OG in FA

1)Ross/Revis/Houston
2)Hill/Rice
3)Beekman/Crosby/Free

everything in that i like.i like it a lot. except a K day 1.

Im_a_Romosexual
02-26-2007, 09:54 PM
1) best defensive back
2) Tank Tyler or offensive lineman
3) OLB/DE/WR

forget players these are the positions I think we'll go

mtmock
02-26-2007, 09:59 PM
1) best defensive back
2) Tank Tyler or offensive lineman
3) OLB/DE/WR

forget players these are the positions I think we'll go
looks good! :)

Paul
02-26-2007, 10:24 PM
My Ideal Mock (for now):

1. Reggie Nelson
2. Ikaika Alama-Francis
3. Steve Smith

mtmock
02-26-2007, 10:38 PM
My Ideal Mock (for now):

1. Reggie Nelson
2. Ikaika Alama-Francis
3. Steve Smith

i'd be extremely psyced!!!

Poet3334
02-26-2007, 11:10 PM

He doesn't need to be a number one to be a good pick. What makes you think any of your guys are number 1s?

D-Unit
02-27-2007, 12:46 AM
My Ideal Mock (for now):

1. Reggie Nelson
2. Ikaika Alama-Francis
3. Steve Smith
Explain the Alama-Francis fit.

Paul
02-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Explain the Alama-Francis fit.

I would attribute most of out pass-rushing deficiencies to our down lineman. Though they are stout against the run, they get absolutely no pass rush. And I'm aware of the argument that there job is to facilitate the line and hold up the tackles and guards, but they have to be able to rush the QB with some consistently once and awhile, and they just don't do that. Aside from Hatcher and Coleman, whose shown the ability to get some pressure, Canty, Spears and Ratliff seem to just get eaten up. You've said yourself we need to upgrade our down lineman, either it be a NT or DE, and since I'm not sold at all on Tank, Alama-Francis would be the next best thing. He has decent, but not great size for the 3-4 DE, 6-5 285lb (unaware of his measurements at the combine by the way), but it is more then adequate to play there. Put that with with good speed, we have our Luis Castillo. Plus our D-lineman rotation will be really deep with him added.

Modano
02-27-2007, 01:15 AM
1. Daymon Hughes
2. Justin Blalock
3. Craig Davis

D-Unit
02-27-2007, 01:21 AM
I would attribute most of out pass-rushing deficiencies to our down lineman. Though they are stout against the run, they get absolutely no pass rush. And I'm aware of the argument that there job is to facilitate the line and hold up the tackles and guards, but they have to be able to rush the QB with some consistently once and awhile, and they just don't do that. Aside from Hatcher and Coleman, whose shown the ability to get some pressure, Canty, Spears and Ratliff seem to just get eaten up. You've said yourself we need to upgrade our down lineman, either it be a NT or DE, and since I'm not sold at all on Tank, Alama-Francis would be the next best thing. He has decent, but not great size for the 3-4 DE, 6-5 285lb (unaware of his measurements at the combine by the way), but it is more then adequate to play there. Put that with with good speed, we have our Luis Castillo. Plus our D-lineman rotation will be really deep with him added.
The idea is a decent one. I think with the scheme Phillips will bring that our DEs will have more opportunity to attack the quarterback. As far as upgrading our DL, yeah, I wanted Corey Redding, but I didn't think Detroit would Franchise him. I don't think the solution is adding more youth. Marcus Spears is our Castillo. He's still got lots of potential. I think we need a complementary veteran player at this point. Between Spears, Canty and Hatcher... youth is being served. Spending another high draft pick on DE would be overkill. Someone would be left out and we would've flooded the position with too much youth.
In addition, Alama-Francis is more of a run stuffer than a pass rusher. Don't let his measurables fool you. The real pass rusher from Hawaii is Mel Purcell. Ikaika is getting all this hype because he has these ideal measurables, but if I could put one of them on my team it would be Purcell. He's a maniac. He reminds me of Shawne Merriman... and I say that with a straight face.

Paul
02-27-2007, 01:25 AM
The idea is a decent one. I think with the scheme Phillips will bring that our DEs will have more opportunity to attack the quarterback. As far as upgrading our DL, yeah, I wanted Corey Redding, but I didn't think Detroit would Franchise him. I don't think the solution is adding more youth. Marcus Spears is our Castillo. He's still got lots of potential. I think we need a complementary veteran player at this point. Between Spears, Canty and Hatcher... youth is being served. Spending another high draft pick on DE would be overkill. Someone would be left out and we would've flooded the position with too much youth.
In addition, Alama-Francis is more of a run stuffer than a pass rusher. Don't let his measurables fool you. The real pass rusher from Hawaii is Mel Purcell. Ikaika is getting all this hype because he has these ideal measurables, but if I could put one of them on my team it would be Purcell. He's a maniac. He reminds me of Shawne Merriman... and I say that with a straight face.

I'll take your word for it since your the Hawaii guy here. But do you really suggest we spend another high pick on a OLB(Moss,Spencer, etc.)? Adalius Thomas does sound good though.

DancingMonkey
02-27-2007, 03:01 AM
1. Daymon Hughes
2. Justin Blalock
3. Craig Davis

I don't know much about Craig Davis, but the first 2 picks there would make me giggle with glee if it happened.

FinChase
02-27-2007, 08:55 AM
I posted this in the team discussion thread, too, but it's worth posting here also:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/nfl/dallas_cowboys/16793175.htm

robert_in_bigd
02-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Any FA signings taken into consideration?

One Guard -- Stud. That is it.

We would carry 9 OL. Levi, McQuistan, Colombo, Flo, Kosier, Gurode, Johnson, Proctor + 1 Guard FA.

Johnson, Proctor, Gurode, Kosier + FA will battle for Center and Guards in 2007.

Colmbo, McQuistan, Brown and Flo battle for Tackle.

1 OL too many for active roster but ..... 1 injury (likely) solves that problem. Be nice if we could trade Johnson before we lose him to FA

robert_in_bigd
02-27-2007, 11:00 AM
I don't know much about Craig Davis, but the first 2 picks there would make me giggle with glee if it happened.

Hughes just fell to the 4th or 5th round. Labeled a Tampa 2 Corner b/c speed and high jump.

FinChase
02-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Sidney Rice may have fallen to round 3 or 4, also. He wouldn't be a bad pickup.

Paul
02-27-2007, 05:41 PM
did some of our post get deleted?

Im_a_Romosexual
02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
yup cuz I said Rice didn't fall to round 3

FinChase
02-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I've posted a couple of things that disappeared.

DancingMonkey
02-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Hughes just fell to the 4th or 5th round. Labeled a Tampa 2 Corner b/c speed and high jump.

Saw that earlier. :( 4.6-4.7 in his times, could barely even make it to the vertex pieces in the high jump.

Wow.

Aaron Ross looked pretty fluid in the turn and speed drills as well.

Both Landry and Chris Houston blew me away though.

Modano
02-28-2007, 11:35 AM
What about Paul Soliai?

D-Unit
03-20-2007, 03:47 PM
They've also looked at Dan Bazuin and Charles Johnson... if you wanna update your list.

mtmock
03-20-2007, 04:39 PM
and aundrae allison,jarvis moss

thule
03-20-2007, 05:53 PM
D...I assume your talking about the combine...just curious if you had a direct quote from anywhere.

MTMock...i'm curious when we looked at them...and source behind it by chance?

edit** I found a Allison one.

etk
03-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Many early mock drafts had the Cowboys using the No. 22 pick on Texas cornerback Aaron Ross. But the new flavor of the day for Dallas is Pitt's Darrelle Revis, who covered the 40-yard dash in the 4.36-to-4.41-second range Saturday at the Panthers' pro day.
-- San Antonio Express-News

thule
03-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Many early mock drafts had the Cowboys using the No. 22 pick on Texas cornerback Aaron Ross. But the new flavor of the day for Dallas is Pitt's Darrelle Revis, who covered the 40-yard dash in the 4.36-to-4.41-second range Saturday at the Panthers' pro day.
-- San Antonio Express-News

I read that article....in no way shape or form did it tie the cowboys to him from a front office or scout point of view. This is for strictly cowboys contacting certain players.

bigmac076
03-20-2007, 08:41 PM
well judging from your list it looks like Henry is most certainly staying put.

mtmock
03-20-2007, 10:53 PM
D...I assume your talking about the combine...just curious if you had a direct quote from anywhere.

MTMock...i'm curious when we looked at them...and source behind it by chance?

edit** I found a Allison one.

we interviewed moss allison and c.johnson at the combine :)

mtmock
03-20-2007, 11:05 PM
[sorry i accidentally posted twice ;)

jjmcquade
03-21-2007, 08:54 PM
assuming we sign ken hamlin for f safety. here are my selections for the cowboys. First 3 rounds

Round 1. Jarvis Moss. Defensive End that brings 4.7 speed to the pass rush. Plays both 4-3 and 3-4 defenses.

Round 2. Aaron Rouse. Safety/outside Linebacker. He runs 4.52 speed. He can play the safety position and outside linebacker position. The cowboys can covert him to outside linebacker because of his speed and aggresiveness.

Round 3. Eric Wright. Cornerback. He runs 4.36. He is a little raw but working with the vetern corners. this kid can be groomed.

thule
03-21-2007, 09:09 PM
assuming we sign ken hamlin for f safety. here are my selections for the cowboys. First 3 rounds

Round 1. Jarvis Moss. Defensive End that brings 4.7 speed to the pass rush. Plays both 4-3 and 3-4 defenses.

Round 2. Aaron Rouse. Safety/outside Linebacker. He runs 4.52 speed. He can play the safety position and outside linebacker position. The cowboys can covert him to outside linebacker because of his speed and aggresiveness.

Round 3. Eric Wright. Cornerback. He runs 4.36. He is a little raw but working with the vetern corners. this kid can be groomed.

This isn't a mock draft thread.

However we do have one started up already feel free to contribute your insite there. This is only for source backed player to team communications.

Cowboys Mock Drafts (http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2162)

Paul
03-21-2007, 09:17 PM
It's good to see Nelson, Griffin and Allison on the list. Anyone of them added to our team would be great. Some of my favorite prospects.

thule
03-22-2007, 12:18 AM
The Dallas Cowboys will visit with Southern California wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett, TheRanchReport.com has learned.

nrcirc
03-22-2007, 08:55 AM
" Justin Blalock OT Blalock (6-3¼, 321) stood on all his Combine performances and did only the position drills (but looked good in those drills). He should be a busy man shortly, with early April visits scheduled with the Cowboys, Redskins, Ravens, Vikings and Rams."

Source NFL.com

mtmock
03-22-2007, 02:43 PM
The Dallas Cowboys will visit with Southern California wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett, TheRanchReport.com has learned.

thats what i like to hear

TNewFan41
03-22-2007, 02:59 PM
" Justin Blalock OT Blalock (6-3, 321) stood on all his Combine performances and did only the position drills (but looked good in those drills). He should be a busy man shortly, with early April visits scheduled with the Cowboys, Redskins, Ravens, Vikings and Rams."

Source NFL.com

I saw that too. He is an OG though.

D-Unit
03-22-2007, 03:23 PM
thats what i like to hear
If we got Hamlin and DJ that would be Magically Delicious!!! :D

mtmock
03-22-2007, 04:55 PM
If we got Hamlin and DJ that would be Magically Delicious!!! :D

iv'e always been a DJ fan and loved that we brought him in

Modano
03-24-2007, 04:18 AM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=8158AB48-97B9-4360-AB105466F1760222

Aaaron Ross is scheduled to visit the Ranch, you can add him to your list, thule.
A question, have we always drafted prospects with whom we had preliminar talks before the draft?

JJJ888
03-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I saw that too. He is an OG though.

Blalock actually played OT in college and some teams believe he could play RT in the pros.

And I also saw the Johnson and Bazuin and Moss rumors on KFFL during the combine.

TNewFan41
03-24-2007, 03:03 PM
I know, but he will probably be a G in the pros.

thule
03-24-2007, 06:46 PM

Aaaron Ross is scheduled to visit the Ranch, you can add him to your list, thule.
A question, have we always drafted prospects with whom we had preliminar talks before the draft?

Well I remember we had talks with Carp...and then the Jimmy Sexton tie.

We also had talks with Spears/Ware/Merriman we actually told Merriman we were gonna draft him.

We also talked with Joey Porter and Randy Moss back in day.

I would say a one on one meaning would me a lot come draft day...which is why I made this thread.

Paul
03-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Ross vs. Revis vs. Houston? Thoughts?

thule
03-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Ross vs. Revis vs. Houston? Thoughts?

Prob should use a seperate thread...get more replies anyways. Keep this to just the bare facts.

thule
03-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Former Washington Huskies quarterback Isaiah Stanback will visit with the Dallas Cowboys in the coming days, TheRanchReport.com has learned.

I can't say I'm a fan of this.

Severe Punishment
03-29-2007, 04:27 PM

Someone's a tad dilluisional. Eric Wright is a likely late 1st early 2nd round pick. There's a better chance of Jesus returning to earth , than Wright lasting til the late 3rd.

D-Unit
03-29-2007, 06:16 PM

Remember Shawne Merriman?

Ward
03-29-2007, 07:04 PM
But is Merriman the standard? All reports I heard is that the interview might be the reason we didn't draft him, he showed up overweight.

thule
03-29-2007, 07:16 PM
But is Merriman the standard? All reports I heard is that the interview might be the reason we didn't draft him, he showed up overweight.

Joey Porter....Randy Moss...Jerry has a history of screwing people.

D-Unit
03-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Definately not the standard. Just throwing out an example. I think that there are guys we bring in that we truly have an interest in and then make our final decisions from those meetings... and then I think there are players we scatter in whom we bring in just for the mere appearance that we are showing interest in to fool other teams into thinking things.... you know... the draft game.

thule
03-31-2007, 11:20 AM
[The Cowboys have] shown an interest in quarterback Toby Korrodi, a Harlandale graduate and former Central Missouri standout. At 6-3, 235 pounds, he has prototypical NFL quarterback size and arm strength.

from mysanantonio.com

KILLERSANTA
04-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Cowboys | Team to meet with Meriweather
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:29:48 -0700
Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with NFL Draft prospect S Brandon Meriweather (Miami) at some point during the week.

Cowboys | Team to meet with Revis
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:35:45 -0700
Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with NFL Draft prospect CB Darrelle Revis (Pittsburgh) at some point during the week.

Cowboys | Team to meet with Grubbs
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:34:18 -0700
Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with NFL Draft prospect OL Ben Grubbs (Auburn) at some point during the week.

Cowboys | Team to meet with Blalock
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:28:18 -0700
Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with NFL Draft prospect OL Justin Blalock (Texas) at some point during the week.

Cowboys | Team to meet with Ross
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:16:44 -0700
Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with NFL Draft prospect CB Aaron Ross (Texas) at some point during the week.

Cowboys | Team to meet with Gonzalez
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:38:15 -0700
Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with NFL Draft prospect WR Anthony Gonzalez (Ohio State) at some point during the week.

Cowboys | Team to meet with Pittman
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:33:20 -0700
Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with NFL Draft prospect RB Antonio Pittman (Ohio State) at some point during the week.

Cowboys | Team met with Pudewell
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 13:26:10 -0700
KFFL has learned the Dallas Cowboys met with University of Nevada-Reno TE Anthony Pudewell.

Cowboys | Team to meet with Alleman
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:38:59 -0700
Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with NFL Draft prospect OL Andy Alleman (Akron) at some point during the week.

Cowboys | Team to meet with Barbre
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:34:48 -0700
Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with NFL Draft prospect OL Allen Barbre (Missouri Southern) at some point during the week.

Modano
04-05-2007, 03:05 AM
***Wrong Thread

I'm very high on Craig Buster Davis. We can pick him in the second and he can be the future replacement for Glenn. He won't have to start for all of his rookie year, but he can contribute on returns from the first day. The guy we have at roster (Miles, Hurd, Crayton) are all possesion receivers. Austin has the greatest upside to be more, but Davis is a deep threat with very good all-around receiving abilities.
So in the first round I would go CB or OL. But maybe the best idea is to trade down in the early second, pick a future pick, and draft Blalock and a WR/CB with the other second round.
What do you think of this scenario?

thule
04-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Anyone see someone I'm missing?

Meachem and Nelson are two names I hear we took lots of interest in...hadn't seen Meachem before this.

thule
04-18-2007, 02:11 PM
TCU players offensive tackle Herb Taylor, safety Marvin White, quarterback Jeff Ballard, safety Eric Buchanan, wide receiver Michael DePriest and wide receiver Quentily Harmon. Also expected to visit is Iowa tight end Scott Chandler of Southlake Carroll.

I have to be missing tons of guys.

M.O.T.H.
04-18-2007, 02:17 PM
well there were 24 national prospects in for dallas day and another 5-6 others.

thule
04-18-2007, 02:21 PM
well there were 24 national prospects in for dallas day and another 5-6 others.

I can't find that list anywhere...but I got the 5-6 others.

M.O.T.H.
04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I can't find that list anywhere...but I got the 5-6 others.

Yeah... i've been looking too but, havent found anything useful.

M.O.T.H.
04-18-2007, 02:24 PM
you have Aaron Ross on there twice... i belive you meant to put Brown for the 2nd one.

thule
04-18-2007, 02:33 PM
you have Aaron Ross on there twice... i belive you meant to put Brown for the 2nd one.

fixed..I still know I'm missing people..names like Moses stick in my mind but i can't find em.

M.O.T.H.
04-18-2007, 02:51 PM
I know Patrick Willis met with Cowboys coaches and front-office executives. He didnt work out though.

thule
04-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I know Patrick Willis met with Cowboys coaches and front-office executives. He didnt work out though.

can you find a source.

M.O.T.H.
04-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Willis said he has traveled to meet with coaches and front-office executives from the Dallas Cowboys, who have the No. 22 pick in the first round, the Philadelphia Eagles (No. 26), the New England Patriots (No. 24), the Cincinnati Bengals (No. 18), and the Bills. He said he plans to visit at least three more teams this week.

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/football/article/0,1406,KNS_321_5487316,00.html

He is the only ILB i would want... the only one but, we will never get him and we dont need him.

M.O.T.H.
04-18-2007, 09:32 PM
I also heard Kevin Boss had a scheduled visit... i'm not sure if that has happened yet, though.

thule
04-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Great job finding some deep stuff moth...just keep it sourced. nice job

M.O.T.H.
04-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I got you another one Thule...not so sure you'll be too happy about this one...:)

Marshawn Lynch

Lynch already has visited or met with the Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens, Tennessee Titans, Dallas Cowboys and Atlanta Falcons. Teams told Lynch's agents that their character questions had been answered, and each is comfortable with what it heard. Lynch is expected to be the second running back drafted, behind Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson.

http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes

M.O.T.H.
04-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Arizona RB, Chris Henry

Arizona's Chris Henry (5-11, 230 pounds) was one of 24 prospects the Cowboys brought to Valley Ranch for a pre-draft interview.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4725047.html

Purdue DE, Anthony Spencer

Purdue defensive end Anthony Spencer, who projects as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme, visited the Cowboys this week. He had 93 tackles and 10 sacks as a senior.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/stories/040607cpcowdate.302eda4.html

fryman
04-24-2007, 02:49 PM
from kffl-

Cowboys | Sears visited with team
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:41:14 -0700

Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Tennessee OG Arron Sears has visited with the Dallas Cowboys.

Cowboys | Free visited with team
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:40:42 -0700

Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Northern Illinois OT Doug Free has visited with the Dallas Cowboys.

robert_in_bigd
04-24-2007, 04:27 PM
I stated very early on after the Combine that I thought either Lynch, Okoye or Brown would fall to the Cowboys and that they should take them ASAP.

Both Brown and Okoye went up but Lynch maybe slipping. If he gets past Green Bay who knows..............

If it happens you gotta believe Jerry is trying to unload Julius Jones for an ice cream cone.

robert_in_bigd
04-24-2007, 04:28 PM
from kffl-

Cowboys | Sears visited with team
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:41:14 -0700

Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Tennessee OG Arron Sears has visited with the Dallas Cowboys.

Cowboys | Free visited with team
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:40:42 -0700

Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Northern Illinois OT Doug Free has visited with the Dallas Cowboys.

Those are "Potential 3rd Rounder Interviews."

fryman
04-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Those are "Potential 3rd Rounder Interviews."

try reading the first post

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 04:33 PM
I think Sears would have to be taken in the 2nd.