PDA

View Full Version : New League

neko4
03-15-2008, 11:04 AM
The AFFL and NFFL seem to be dieing.
Im thinking of starting a new one. It didnt workout well last time i did it, but these things are pretty fun. If i do start a new one, i'll wait for the forum mock to finish and then go
Any support?

RoyHall#1
03-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Not a new one. Maybe just a new commish for the AFFL.

OSUGiants17
03-15-2008, 11:49 AM
I would be down.

neko4
03-15-2008, 11:57 AM
i think i have it down this time, i'll post my idea tommorow or tonite and see what people think

scottyboy
03-15-2008, 12:11 PM
the NFFL has basically been dead. Kudos to HChu and diab trying to keep it alive, but i know Diab has a new(ish) job that requires alot of time, so it's not their fault.

Same with Ward, heard from Dave he's been VERY busy with work of late. If we do make a new one, I suggest it have an array of mods/team leaders to help run it and not have it fall on one posters shoulders...

RoyHall#1
03-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Why throw away all the scouting reports we have in the AFFL?

neko4
03-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Okay, i think/hope ive covered everything:

NFL Fantasy League

What separates the NFL Fantasy League from the past ones?
In the NFLFL is based on the real NFL. You can choose to be a real life player, make your own and enter them into the draft, be a coach in the NFl, create a Coach, or a GM.

Phases of the game:
-FA/Pre-Draft Phase: FA/resigning phases. Combine and various Senior Bowls.
-Draft: Drafting phase and the UDFA
-Off Season: Players send in offseason workout plans.
-Training Camp/Preseason: GM’s send in list of players they will focus on during TC and Preseason. Those players will get better; other players not focused on may get worse.
-Season: Games are played, playoffs, Super Bowl
-And back to FA/Pre-Draft Phase…

Free Agency:
No RFA, just UFA.
Starting cap space will be based on team’s standing last year. Fins will have the most to start with and Giants will have the least.
If you release a player you will gain money. For now are players on teams have a set value.
60-64 500K a year
65-69 750K a year
70-74 1mil a year
75-79 1.5 mil a year
80-84 2mil a year
85-89 2.5mil a year
90-94 3.5mil a year
95-99 5 mil a year

contract length will follow actual NFL contracts though

Where will player overalls come from?
I'll figure it out

How do you make your player better?
If you’re a player-created prospect in the draft you will be given a prospect rating after the combine and your senior bowl. Your senior bowl and combine performances are based on your prospects’ bio. Like always, good write-ups equal good ratings. If you have a real-life prospect (Like Glenn Dorsey, Demean Jackson, etc) then your prospect rating will be out of your control. Pick a good player like Dorsey and your almost guaranteed to be a top 10 pick. If you’re a lesser known guy like Bernard Morris, you don’t have much say. But once you’re in the NFL you can get better. During the off-season phase you can send in an off-season workout plan to focus on one of the bad parts of your game. Send a PM to me saying what you are doing to improve that bad part of your game. Then during TC phase, GM’s will send me their TC game plan choosing which players they are focusing on. Also there will be natural development until your 31.

Prospect Rating:
Rating given to prospects before they get drafted. 1-20, 1 being worst, 20 best. If you have a 20 rating you will probably have an 86-88 rating to start with. If you have a 1, well good luck.

GM Responsibilities:
-Sign/Resign Players
-Draft/Scout players
-Choose players to focus on during TC

Coach Responsibilities:
-Advise GM in signing, scouting, drafting, and focusing on players.
-Gameplanning
-Post-game press conferences.

Player Responsibilities:
-Offseason workout plan.
-Maintain (or not) good character
-Request trades if they want
-Get together with GM’s to negotiate contracts

Can you make multiple players?
No, but you may have a coach and player.

Feedback, good, bad, constructive

neko4
03-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Also, not all 32 teams need to be filled, i'll take whichever ones arent

neko4
03-16-2008, 06:35 PM
any feedback?
at all?
really let me have it people!

Lionsfan93
03-16-2008, 06:36 PM
i think we should wait on the AFFL

KCJ58
03-16-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm down but yea we should wait a little bit if some1 else will take over the NFFL or AFFL

neko4
03-16-2008, 06:46 PM
sounds fine by me

LonghornsLegend
04-12-2008, 09:20 PM
This sounds interesting but I missed out on it the first time around to see how it all really works.