PDA

View Full Version : Raiders 08 Draft Room

Pages : 1 [2]

Sharp21
04-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Can someone fill me in on Bowie? I havent heard much about him so it seems to be questionable to pass on guys like Barbre, Free, Ramirez, and Marcus Thomas. I would have liked to get Gattis in the 5th as well. Also, I am curious about the 3rd we got from the Patriots (Mario Henderson). Did we get that through the Gabriel trade? Thanks!

locseti
04-29-2007, 12:26 PM
He's a special teams wiz and maybe the fastest player available in the draft. You can never have too much depth at CB. I'm not sure why we have not picked up another DT to throw in the rotation yet.

Ya, why didn't we get McBean/Thomas instead of that John Bowie? Maybe cause we can get Thomas later? We basically traded Moss for somebody named John Bowie. WIndy's pissed we didndt get Michael Coe, and so am I. I knew we would get a corner because we always do, but there were a myriad of DB's available that are better than this guy.

Also wouldnt of minded Doug Free.

As for the Michael Bush selection ..... WoooooooHoooooooooooooooooo!
Our commitee of career backups just got a talent boost. He can rest that leg for a year and then come back next yr when we cut Jordan. Cant wait.

Xonraider
04-29-2007, 12:26 PM
God... we're just blowing picks now. Bush makes absolutely no sense unless we cut or trade Jordan.. and who is Bowie?

Xonraider
04-29-2007, 12:33 PM
lol he supposbly was the fastest guy in the draft (4.24 40) so really no surprise with Al loving speed. I think we cut Tyrone Poole so it adds depth at CB and special team player.

a CB makes sense, other than Fabs and Ace we got no one other than Poole...

RaiderNation
04-29-2007, 12:38 PM
this is the best draft ever. filled alot of needs and got rid of moss. im very happy about thisn year and the future looks bright for once

661rep
04-29-2007, 12:42 PM
God... we're just blowing picks now. Bush makes absolutely no sense unless we cut or trade Jordan.. and who is Bowie?

I don't think we plan on using Bush much this year if at all we might just have him rehabing his injury... he might see some action in the 2nd half of the season IF he is ready. I believe Kiffin and Al drafted him knowing Jordan will not be on the team next year and Bush will be ready by then.

661rep
04-29-2007, 12:46 PM
this is the best draft ever. filled alot of needs and got rid of moss. im very happy about thisn year and the future looks bright for once

Yeah this draft has been great so far... we had two good draft years in a row IMO.

locseti
04-29-2007, 12:47 PM

Jordan/Rhodes/Fargas are career backups. Bush is a first round talent that could be a franchise back. I love this pick - even if it takes a yr or two to pay off...If someone had told you at the beginning of the year that Michael Bush would be available in the 4th round and that your team had a chance to draft him there, you would have told that person they definitely didn't have a future as a fortune teller. But it happened, he fell to us in the FOURTH - Davis and Kiffin took one look at our platoon of mediocre RB's and pulled the trigger. This will pay off in the long run, I can't wait to see Russell hand him the ball.

locseti
04-29-2007, 12:48 PM
a CB makes sense, other than Fabs and Ace we got no one other than Poole...

Stanford Route, Chris Carr ring a bell?

slightlyaraiderfan
04-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Cut/trade Jordan? Don't expect Bush to come in and ready to play, it's going to take him a while. Jordan and Rhodes are our top 2 running backs this year, Jordan doesn't have much left and Rhodes only signed a 2 year deal....we need a RB for the future, Bush could be a HUGE steal. He had 1st round talent before he was hurt.

Romyrick
04-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Jordan just doesn't seem to fit this team very well, Kiffin has been interviewing RB's all throughout the draft process. I expect Lamont to be cut or phased out this year and cut next.

This draft has been simply amazing, Eric Frampton being the last great pick.

Windy
04-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Love the Frampton pick. I really don't expect Bush to make a big impact for awhile but he's our future starter IMO.

Stash
04-29-2007, 01:38 PM
I think the draft has been OK (I was one of the guys pulling for CJ). I especially liked the trade in the 2nd where we ended up acquiring 3 players and then picking up Moses in the 3rd. One thing I just noticed is that Ben Patrick is still available (I think). That makes me wish we had taken someone else besides Miller in the 2nd.

locseti
04-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Frampton is a hitter not a quitter, Watch out Shwigey!

locseti
04-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know who Oren O'neal is? Hopefully he's a ferocious blocker.

RaiderNation
04-29-2007, 02:41 PM
i think we should have taken mason crosbey in the 6th

Sharp21
04-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Was another fullback really necessary with Griffith? Also this most likely signifies the end to a great Raider career. Enjoy the rest of your life Crockett, you will be missed.

D4rk 0ne
04-29-2007, 02:59 PM
I am going to be frank; coming into the draft I did not want Russell. I still would have preferred picking CJ and then trying to trade up to someone like the Pack and getting Quinn (I would have wanted Lynch but he was drafted. And for those of you who say we can't tell the future, I would have wanted CJ regardless). But for us to get Russell, Bush, and Higgins, plus some of our other picks, I am very glad. I hope we take out time with them; Bush needs to rehab and Russell needs time to learn the system. Higgins, we don't need him to come in immediately as we have Porter, Curry, Gabriel, and Morant.

-D4rk

RaiderNation
04-29-2007, 03:05 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/

Raiders | Moss salary cap hit
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:36:40 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the San Jose Mercury News, reports the Oakland Raiders will take a $4.1 million hit against their 2007 salary cap for trading away WR Randy Moss to the New England Patriots. However, the team saves about $8 million by letting lose his $9.75 million base salary.

Raiders | Curry likely to become starter
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:30:10 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the San Jose Mercury News, reports Oakland Raiders WR Ronald Curry is likely to step into the starting lineup with the departure of WR Randy Moss.

Raiders | Kiffin's ties to M. Williams may help turn around career
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:44:15 -0700

Bill Soliday, of MediaNews, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin has known WR Mike Williams since Williams was a junior in high school. Kiffin is hopeful their old ties will be able to help Williams end the struggles which have plagued him since he was drafted by the Detroit Lions. Kiffin noted Williams was a bit heavier than he was used to, but said it was not too much more. "His weight can go up and down. I know the kid very well," Kiffin noted. He said Williams played at 242 pounds in the Rose Bowl and did very well at that weight.

Raiders | Miller taking over as full-time starter
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:43:48 -0700

Bill Soliday, of MediaNews, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin said rookie TE Zach Miller is expected to take over as the team's full-time starter at tight end. Due to his versatility, Kiffin noted Miller was their top-rated tight end in the NFL Draft. The team is going to get away from the committee situation they used previously at the position, handing the job over to Miller on a full-time basis.

Raiders | Kiffin didn't intend to trade Moss
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:42:29 -0700

Bill Soliday, of MediaNews, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin hadn't planned to part ways with WR Randy Moss. He previously said he expected Moss to be part of the team.

Raiders | Anderson on the block
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 23:43:57 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Oakland Raiders have told TE Courtney Anderson he is on the trading block. The Raiders selected TE Zach Miller in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft, making Anderson expendable.

RaiderNation
04-29-2007, 03:37 PM
http://nflexperts.scout.com/2/633514.html

article on our draft pick Eric Frampton

Raider_fan_Canada
04-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Hey great second day selections: Michael Bush, Quentin Moses and John Bowie.

The 2 first guys had 1rst round potentiel before there senior season. Michael Bush battled hard to get back in playing shape (work in progress) so I like his character. He could be great for us on short yardage situations and has good blocking potential with his size.

Moses could finaly provide us a solid duo with Burgess (if the contract issue plays out good....). He will need work but I think Rob Ryan and his group will take the best out of him.

Bowie has blazzing speed. He will be a solid special teamer, has a gunner at least.

I like the Detroit trade too. McCown is way better than Walter and he will give us time with Jamarcus. Mike Williams, well I ain't to optimistic about him, but his relationship with Lane Kiffin might turn him around we never know.....

Overall this might be a cornerstone day four the Raiders.
1_ We get our franchise QB
2_ Add 3 other very talented players in Miller, Moses and Bush.
3_ Henderson might be a future starter at LT, but might need time.
4_ The Detroit trade gives us flexibility and depth
5_ We turn the page on Randy Moss

I dont know for you guys, but I realy love our weekend. One selection left, lets just hope its the next Marques Colston!

Stash
04-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Wow, we really needed another WR, LOL.

skatman
04-29-2007, 05:30 PM

He's getting cut in August, I don't care what position he plays. Fantastic draft by the Raiders.

RaiderNation
04-29-2007, 05:52 PM

Porter,Curry,Williams,Higgins,Whitted

Solid group. Williams and Miller will be huge for us in the redzone. Higgins will replace for what Moss was sopost to be.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-29-2007, 06:07 PM
I hope we get Walter Thomas.

Windy
04-29-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm puzzled about the Oren O'Neal pick. You don't pick a FB that early unless he is pretty good. If anyone knows anything about him post it.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-29-2007, 06:43 PM
seems to be mostly a blocker from what Ive read.

Windy
04-29-2007, 07:02 PM
http://maddenfb.com/photos/draftpicks/images/70/original.aspx

RaiderNation
04-29-2007, 07:07 PM

lol i was trying to get that pic to show up

Xonraider
04-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Stanford Route, Chris Carr ring a bell?

Do you really think either of the two is good?

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-29-2007, 07:17 PM
THats a pretty cool picture.

locseti
04-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Do you really think either of the two is good?

I think they are decent, as good as can be at 4th and 5th on the depth chart. Maybe you missed the Chris Carr pick for six that sealed the win against the Steelers.

locseti
04-29-2007, 07:30 PM

Why are you posting pics of Aaron Brooks? :)

RaiderNation
04-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Why are you posting pics of Aaron Brooks? :)

lol..... Did any1 even sign Brooks?

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-29-2007, 07:57 PM
he'll eventually be signed if Kerry Collins can be signed so can Brooks.

Windy
04-29-2007, 07:58 PM
lol. i got that picture from the easports madden site someone posted in off-topic.

RaiderNation
04-29-2007, 07:59 PM
he'll eventually be signed if Kerry Collins can be signed so can Brooks.

Collins was way better than Brooks. Brooks couldnt even get snaps

RaiderNation
04-29-2007, 08:00 PM
lol. i got that picture from the easports madden site someone posted in off-topic.

ya i know but when i tried to go to properties nothing would show up

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-29-2007, 08:34 PM
yes but Brooks knows what running is.

RaiderNation
04-29-2007, 08:37 PM
yes but Brooks knows what running is.

lol true

any1 have any JaMarcus Russell sigs??

Stash
04-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Porter,Curry,Williams,Higgins,Whitted

Solid group. Williams and Miller will be huge for us in the redzone. Higgins will replace for what Moss was sopost to be.

I was making fun of the fact that we selected another WR with the second to last pick in the draft. I think his name was Holland.

portermvp84
04-29-2007, 10:14 PM
I was overall impressed with our draft, I was glad that we took JR in the first and got Zack Miller in the second. I was also excited when we got Moses in the 3rd and even more happier when we got the steal of the draft Michael Bush.

bernbabybern820
04-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Collins was way better than Brooks. Brooks couldnt even get snaps

word. During the middle of the season i was wishing that we still had Collins as amazing as that sounds.

portermvp84
04-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Yeah but, Brooks could at least scramble. Collins was so imobile.

bernbabybern820
04-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah but, Brooks could at least scramble. Collins was so imobile.

ya the line wasn't as atrocious as last years.

RaiderNation
04-30-2007, 07:44 PM
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3285/macsigsa4.jpg
sig up if any1 wants

RaiderNation
04-30-2007, 07:44 PM
ya the line wasn't as atrocious as last years.

please change ur sig its gross lol

portermvp84
05-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Lol I hear that, we got rid of that looser. Get rid of your sig.

I'd rather have Brooks over Collins, based on the fact that Brooks can actually move. Collins gets sacked way more times and throws pointless interceptions thanBrooks did. Point being they both suck and I hate them both, they're not welcome to the Silver and Black.

bernbabybern820
05-02-2007, 05:34 PM
please change ur sig its gross lol

Lol I hear that, we got rid of that looser. Get rid of your sig.

I'd rather have Brooks over Collins, based on the fact that Brooks can actually move. Collins gets sacked way more times and throws pointless interceptions thanBrooks did. Point being they both suck and I hate them both, they're not welcome to the Silver and Black.

lol no i love this man!!!

Paranoidmoonduck
05-02-2007, 05:56 PM
I think Collins got more crap than he deserved, but neither he nor Brooks were going to flourish in the situations they were in.

portermvp84
05-11-2007, 09:57 AM
I hope Mckown doesn't turn out to be another Kerry Collins.

Stash
05-11-2007, 10:38 PM
McCown is nothing like Collins. Collins is a pocket passer who can't move whereas McCown is a much more athletic QB who actually played a little WR last season.

portermvp84
05-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Thats good, I never got the chase to watch Mckown in action. So I'll be interested to see what he can do.I'm tired of these pockett passers who get sacked all the time. I'm just glad we didn't sign Bledsoe, THANK YOU AL!!!

HEISMANHERSCHEL
06-21-2007, 03:46 AM
Watching your sig made me jealous at what a good draft your team had, Portermvp84!

portermvp84
06-26-2007, 11:37 AM
I know Al Davis sexually excited me lol.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Good day to watch Mack against Ellis.

Windy
12-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Mock Draft

1. Sedrick Ellis DT USC

Obvious pick at this point

2. Lavelle Hawkins WR CAL

I think he'll rise during workouts

4. Marcus Griffin S Texas

Solid Safety
6. Jeremy Zuttah OL Rutgers

Great fit, I think he could be decent
7. Steve Octavien LB Nebraska

He's fast

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Only thing missing from that draft is a DE.

Stash
12-10-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't think DE is that big of a need. Burgess is good and and the combo of Richardson/Clemons has been solid. It also depends on whether or not we resign Kelly who we were using at DE for most of the year before he got hurt. Stopping the run was our biggest problem and DE doesn't really address that. IMO DT and a big hitting S are bigger needs on defense.

Windy
12-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Hopefully there will be some trades including Jordan or Rhodes or Sands. It would be tough only having 5 picks. We'll probably get a pick for losing Langston Walker since he got a massive contract.

12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I don't think DE is that big of a need. Burgess is good and and the combo of Richardson/Clemons has been solid. It also depends on whether or not we resign Kelly who we were using at DE for most of the year before he got hurt. Stopping the run was our biggest problem and DE doesn't really address that. IMO DT and a big hitting S are bigger needs on defense.

richardson/clemons is good for now but we need a long-term answer at the position and what better year to go after a DE or DT then this year. also burgess isnt getting any younger.

SubNoize
12-10-2007, 06:30 PM
I think the perfect first round scenario would be to trade out of the spot with someone in the middle of the pack and get more picks... Maybe a trade with Carolina who would jump Baltimore for a chance at the #1 rated QB should they show interest? That would put us into the 13-17 range where I think we could get a #1 WR in Malcolm Kelly. I think having a big target for Jamarcus is a wise investment. Let's be honest here too, Porter is gone next year and how many more passes can we watch Curry drop? I think we may need to pick up a sure-handed vet and draft Malcolm Kelly to put Curry back in the slot where he's servicable. Another guy I like for the later rounds to plug the SLB spot is Spencer Larson, I went to a lot of UofA games this year and I really like this kid, he's not blazing fast but he makes tackles, and we need that with this awful run D.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-10-2007, 08:56 PM
As much as people dont like Stu if we had a big NT and a good SLB hed look alot better.THe fact that hes having to tackle RBs constantly shows our problem with the DLine and LBs.

thadoniousmonk
12-31-2007, 03:20 PM
We will officially either have the 3rd or 4th pick according to
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d805a3a57&template=without-video&confirm=true

If we can get the 3rd pick, it would be hard for Al Davis to pass on McFadden even though there greater needs for the Raiders.

NIN1984
01-09-2008, 12:26 AM
McFadden, Dorsey, C. Long, Ellis. As long as one of them ends up a Raider, I'm happy.

Play Hard
01-11-2008, 12:35 PM
McFadden, Dorsey, C. Long, Ellis. As long as one of them ends up a Raider, I'm happy.

Dorsey being my #1 choice of course then RUN DMC

BroadwayJoe10
01-12-2008, 06:14 PM
I think the physicals that dorsey ends up taking will be a big factor. If he is 100% healthy and they dont see long term affects, i would take dorsey, but if not than definately ellis. I really don't see ellis as being behing dorsey by that much and both would be fantastic for you.

01-12-2008, 06:18 PM
I think the physicals that dorsey ends up taking will be a big factor. If he is 100% healthy and they dont see long term affects, i would take dorsey, but if not than definately ellis. I really don't see ellis as being behing dorsey by that much and both would be fantastic for you.

Yes, Dorseys injury concerns are too large to overlook at this point when you have a guy I believe is just as good if not better in Ellis so why take the risk.

d34ng3l021
01-27-2008, 12:07 AM

One of them HAS to end up as a Raider, unless Al Davis makes a dumb pick. Which, I wouldnt put out of the question.

All right. I am making a mock and I had pencilled in McFadden for you guys at pick 3. Who would you want now that the Sr. Bowl is done? McFadden or Ellis?

KCJ58
01-27-2008, 02:58 AM
McFadden>Dorsey>Ellis

since sapp left i say draft Dorsey if both McFadden and him are still avalible

Oaktown1981
01-27-2008, 12:22 PM
One of them HAS to end up as a Raider, unless Al Davis makes a dumb pick. Which, I wouldnt put out of the question.

All right. I am making a mock and I had pencilled in McFadden for you guys at pick 3. Who would you want now that the Sr. Bowl is done? McFadden or Ellis?

Who should the Raiders draft ? I would say Dorsey or Ellis

Who will the the Raiders draft ? If McFadden is there I doubt Al passes on him.

d34ng3l021
01-27-2008, 04:27 PM
ok good. dont have to change hella stuff around.

portermvp84
02-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Who should the Raiders draft ? I would say Dorsey or Ellis

Who will the the Raiders draft ? If McFadden is there I doubt Al passes on him.

Al won't pass on him "If" he's there. He drafted JR, and he wants a good threat to go along with him. I wouldn't mind DMC but I'd really like to adress the DT postion right away. If Dorsey is there I'd take him hands down with no questions.

02-06-2008, 07:35 AM
It will be interesting to see how things play out and who truly now holds control over personnel decisions though we know it is still most likely Al. Whether its Ellis, Dorsey or McFadden I wouldnt have much of a problem either way. All have proven to be elite prospects thus far and for the most part should be safe picks at our position.

portermvp84
02-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Knowing Al he'll easy screw up the pick or trade done. Is there anyway we could trade for a third since we do not have on.

neko4
02-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Just wondering, would yall be happy selecting two DT's in the first day?

02-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Just wondering, would yall be happy selecting two DT's in the first day?

We just got so many needs to address right now that I dont think it would be in our best interest to take two DTs on the first day. DT, OT, WR, DE, RB are all positions where legitimate claims can be made for first day picks.

d34ng3l021
02-09-2008, 02:28 PM
And the first day is just the first 2 rounds. I think with the depth of the RBs and OTs you should really look at those guys in the 2nd where 1st round talent could be found.

Maybe grab Ellis in the 1st and then in the 2nd get Felix Jones (if he falls) or Sam Baker (perfect ZBS fit).

Paranoidmoonduck
02-09-2008, 02:30 PM
If it's D-Line in the 1st, it has to be either offensive line or wide receiver in the 2nd.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Id have no problem with going DT in the first two rounds.
Our DT situation is horrible.
Tommy Kelly good but we have to resign him.
Gerrard Warren very inconsistent.could be cut.
Terdell Sands horrible.could be cut but doubt it.
We could go into next year with only 1 DT from last year.And if thats the case itd probably be Sands.Whos already proven he cant be counted on to do anything.If that happens we dont have anyone whos worth starting.

RaiderNation
02-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Id have no problem with going DT in the first two rounds.
Our DT situation is horrible.
Tommy Kelly good but we have to resign him.
Gerrard Warren very inconsistent.could be cut.
Terdell Sands horrible.could be cut but doubt it.
We could go into next year with only 1 DT from last year.And if thats the case itd probably be Sands.Whos already proven he cant be counted on to do anything.If that happens we dont have anyone whos worth starting.

wow i love the quote on ur sig

but getting to this, i think dt is a must need pic for the 1st or 2nd. i think if fargas leaves, we will need to get a rb in the 1st or 2nd though

Stash
02-09-2008, 10:04 PM
wow i love the quote on ur sig

but getting to this, i think dt is a must need pic for the 1st or 2nd. i think if fargas leaves, we will need to get a rb in the 1st or 2nd though

I don't think RB is much of a need at all even if Fargas leaves. I think this past season proved that we can plug almost any back into our system and have success. The only RB I would be ok with picking is McFadden simply because he is an elite talent.

I also would have to disagree with others about OL as a need in the draft. While we do need an improvement at LT I don't think trying to fill that need with a rookie is the right way to go. I would rather we use a late round pick on OL for depth or someone to be the eventual replacement for one of our aging lineman.

neko4
02-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Well i got some good oppinions and bad ones, i just feel yall's DT situation is horrible. I know Fargas might leave,but i think he will get resigned

Komp
02-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Well i got some good oppinions and bad ones, i just feel yall's DT situation is horrible. I know Fargas might leave,but i think he will get resigned

Yah I am with you there. I don't see how we can pass up either Ellis or Dorsey at #3/4, and if we do I can't see us taking a RB, even McFadden

If Jonathon Stewart falls to past #20 I would love to see us move up to get him...but that would cost us dearly and probably prevent us from getting a quality OT in the 2nd rd.

Mastayetti
02-12-2008, 01:34 PM
I think two Dt's with the first two picks could be the way to go....

Draft Dorsey/Ellis in the first

then Sims or Bryant in the second

but if we decide to just go one dt it needs to be Ellis/Dorsey and then WR in the second someone like James Hardy.

portermvp84
02-13-2008, 10:08 PM

but if we decide to just go one dt it needs to be Ellis/Dorsey and then WR in the second someone like James Hardy.

I like the idea but, we could just take one DT in the first like Dorsey, second take a WR like Hardy or Doucet. In the fourth see who falls and a take a decent DT.

Mastayetti
02-14-2008, 01:17 PM
I agree with that also, We need to get one of the top two dt's this year.

The second round pick needs to be Dt,Wr or LT.

We could pick up a late round DT like we always do, we kinda have a knack for drafting late round dlineman

NFLCommander
02-18-2008, 12:26 AM
I think we should get either Dorsey or Ellis, which ever one is left at our pick. If both are there I don't think either one would be a wrong choice really, but Dorsey seems to fit the 4-3 better. I don't think trading up will help much since we can use as many draft picks we can get. Actually trading down could be a good idea if some players start to slip.

portermvp84
02-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Trading down would not be bad to get more picks. We could easily use more picks. It's be nice to get another second rounder or even a third round pick.

NIN1984
02-18-2008, 07:47 PM
If we end up losing the coin flip and fall to 4 and Ellis and Dorsey go in the top 3 than I would like for us to trade the pick.

OregonDucks
02-20-2008, 04:21 PM
I really would love to get Sedrick Ellis. He would fit in our defensive scheme very well. We need another warren sapp type player on the D Line. So I thnk we look at D tackle. Running Back? Im not so sure we need to take a running back so early in the draft, heck we dont need one at all with the signing of fargas and our two other talented RB.

SubNoize
02-21-2008, 03:54 PM
I have come to the conclusion that my favorite first day scenario is to lose the flip and be 4th, give ATL the temptation of McFadden over Ryan and take Ellis at 4. Then in the second round we'd be at 35th and select Gosder Cherilus who's a late first early second guy and shore up the trenches some. I know we need a LT, but we don't know what we have in Henderson, even if he flops we have a shot at Oher, Boone or Loadholt next year for LT. We def. need a solid RT and Cherilus fits the bill and immediately beats out McQuistan who I feel is a better Guard prospect anyways. That's just my take, fill the RT hole with a great prospect instead of taking a chance on Baker who has short arms and could end up being a guard at LT.

portermvp84
02-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Lets just hope Dorsey or Ellis fall to us. If both do we should def take Dorsey. He kinda reminds me of a young Warren Sapp.

Komp
02-23-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure who I would rather take [Dorsey/Ellis] right now. I think they are both great prospects who have the on and off field intangibles you look for. If Dorsey's health isn't in question, the choice becomes even tougher in my opinion.

portermvp84
02-27-2008, 09:03 AM
You don't run into DT's like Dorsey in the draft every year, he's one of a kind. I think Al Davis is nuts if he passes on him.

portermvp84
02-27-2008, 09:10 AM

We could take Dorsey in the first then we could take Okam or whose ever there in the 4th.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-27-2008, 11:21 PM
You don't run into DT's like Dorsey in the draft every year, he's one of a kind. I think Al Davis is nuts if he passes on him.not really good UTs come and go all the time.Okoye was a great prospect last year.Ellis is a better prospect than Dorsey.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-27-2008, 11:21 PM
We could take Dorsey in the first then we could take Okam or whose ever there in the 4th.why would you do that?Your basically getting 2 UTs.NT is our biggest need.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Okam is like 340 pounds, he is no way an undertackle. That said, he also sucks.

Dorsey is definitely the best defensive tackle in the draft, injury concerns or not. My first choice is Chris Long, but I don't think he makes it out of the top two selection. Second is Dorsey, I think he's the best player in the draft. Third, I'm not really sure. I'd love to see Oakland trade back, but that seems unlikely. Ellis isn't worth top 5 pick money, but he's the most logical choice. Jake Long is a great player, and he wouldn't hurt the team by any means, but I'm not crazy about him. McFadden is unbelievably tempting, but I think the Raiders are set in the backfield, at least for the near future. Would be very annoyed by a selection of Gholston.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Warren was what 330 last year?Yet his best position was easily UT.Weight doesnt have to with everything.Although being a big NT certainly does help.Regardless of Okams weight I do agree with you.He got destroyed in double teams last year.I think that Dorsey may be best UT in the draft.But I dont see him being able to play NT in the NFL.I see Ellis as being able to play both UT and NT in the NFL which is why I see him as the better prospect.
Dorsey being a one in a kind of prospect though.no way.

portermvp84
02-28-2008, 12:13 PM
I think he's one of a kind, he's one of the better DT's i've seen in a very long time coming out of the draft. I'd be estatic if we drafted him. The only problem conserning me is him being able to stay healthy.

Stash
02-28-2008, 02:58 PM
How do you think the huge contract we gave Kelly will effect our draft strategy? His contract along with the contracts of Burgess and Sands make this a pretty expensive D-line already (especially for their talent level). I think DT is still a big need but if we draft DT/DE with the 4th pick it would just make our D-line ridiculously expensive.

02-28-2008, 03:20 PM
McFadden always tempts me but who really knows right now ..

Komp
02-28-2008, 11:49 PM
I could see us still going after Ellis now with Kelly signed. Dorsey, not so much. I really have no idea what our draft strategy is. Apparently we are going after Shaun Rogers and Bernard Berrian in FA as well. Al must have a piggy bank stashed away somewhere. And if had to choose between Berrian and Rogers I would take Berrian in a heartbeat.....we'd have arguably the best deep route QB-WR combo in the league and Al would be in heaven.

portermvp84
02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Between Curry's dropped balls and Porter having on in off games. We wouldn't be to bad with the exception of Berrian. I'd take Rodgers because he would eliminate the idea of drafting a Dt when we could either trade down and get more draft picks or take a tweener DE we can take a chance on. But our WR core right now is probably the poorest in the league right now so I might take Berrian, it's almost like a coin flip right now.

Stash
03-16-2008, 02:12 PM
We already didn't have a 3rd rounder and now with the D. Hall trade we have no 2nd, so what does this mean for our draft strategy?

Before the trade I was hoping for DE in the 1st and LT in the 2nd, but now that scenario is gone. I'm really hoping we trade our 1st to make up for the lack of picks we have and also to avoid paying the #4 pick a ton of money (especially considering we have already spent a boatload).

raidersfanxxx
03-16-2008, 09:33 PM
something tells me AL has something up his sleeve. I sense AL and Jerry have some kind of trade in the works...

03-16-2008, 09:33 PM
something tells me AL has something up his sleeve. I sense AL and Jerry have some kind of trade in the works...

and I would have no problem with it .. we need the picks.

raidersfanxxx
03-16-2008, 09:37 PM
williams and campbell would be nice

portermvp84
03-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Even if we traded our first for both of Dallas's 1 rounder and their third. I'd be cool with that. If we don't I'd look at somebody to stop the run. I still like Golhston.

RaiderNation
03-17-2008, 06:08 PM
IF we get Hall, do you think our draft picks will change? We look like were trading a 2nd for him, so we probably have to draft dline in the 1st instead of DMAC

slightlyaraiderfan
03-17-2008, 06:12 PM
It makes me want to trade down even more, but I doubt Al will let something like that happen.

portermvp84
03-18-2008, 12:02 PM
If Jerry Jones wants DMAC that bad then we can surly make a deal with them to trade down for more picks.

raiderfan_89
04-23-2008, 06:05 PM
We're gonna get Chris Long or Vernon Gholston.
No doubt in my mind.
We are not gonna trade down.
Al Davis will never allow it(Sad but true).

raidersfanxxx
04-23-2008, 10:20 PM
i think i might honestly cry this Saturday if we pick chris long.