PDA

View Full Version : Raiders 08 Draft Room

Pages : [1] 2

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-25-2007, 06:40 PM
General Draft Talk

Antonio Pittman ran a 4.43 in the 40.I wouldbt mind picking him up.i think hes the third best RB in the draft.didnt think the was this fast and Ive never liked Bush or Irons.

Stash
02-25-2007, 06:49 PM
The RB that impressed me most was Henry from Arizona. The guy is 5-11 230 and he ran a 4.3 in the 40. That is damn good for anyone let alone someone his size and I wouldn't mind us picking him up.

RaiderNation
02-25-2007, 06:54 PM
what round do u think we go RB in? i say 4th or 5th. what kind of back do we need? Big back, complete back or fast back?

Windy
02-25-2007, 07:12 PM
i like pittman but i like hunt more. also henry and walker.

RaiderLifer
02-25-2007, 07:21 PM
what round do u think we go RB in? i say 4th or 5th. what kind of back do we need? Big back, complete back or fast back?

I agree we will probably go RB in the 4th or 5th. I can't see Booker falling that far but Henry, Walker and maybe Pittman are possibilities.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I like AD.theres no doubt that we need someone who has power.

TheChampIsHere
02-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Im starting to think the Raiders might take Chris Henry in the third or fourth round. If we get a 3rd round comp or trade Randy for a 3rd rounder, maybe we use it on him, although I dont think we spend a pick at the top of third on him. Top of the 4th I could see.

RaiderNation
02-25-2007, 08:20 PM
any chance of brian loenard? he ran a sub 4.5 today i think. he has power i believe and has excellent hands

Raiderz4Life
02-25-2007, 08:44 PM
If we take a RB I like Bush and Irons, maybe Darius Walker. Pittman is ok too im not very high on him.

SN-did everyone's post count go down?

RaiderNation
02-25-2007, 08:46 PM
If we take a RB I like Bush and Irons, maybe Darius Walker. Pittman is ok too im not very high on him.

SN-did everyone's post count go down?

yes every1's did. i dont like bush though. he is like jordan. big sized but doesnt run any1 over

Raiderz4Life
02-25-2007, 08:55 PM
what are we looking for exactly? A westbrook type back? a power back like rudi johnson?

Paranoidmoonduck
02-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I am of the opinion that we need a power back.

I really like Dwayne Wright and Tony Hunt.

Raiderz4Life
02-25-2007, 09:02 PM
I think we need a complete back. One that can run with power speed and catch the ball.

RaiderNation
02-25-2007, 09:12 PM
I think we need a complete back. One that can run with power speed and catch the ball.

brian leonard

Raiderz4Life
02-25-2007, 09:20 PM
What about someone like Lorenzo Booker?
Can Brian Leonard really play RB? He might be a good FB but im not sure bout RB.

RaiderNation
02-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Can Brian Leonard really play RB? He might be a good FB but im not sure bout RB.

Undersized and doesn't have either height or bulk you look for...Not very physical and won't break many tackles

thats some of scotts scouting report on him

Stash
02-25-2007, 09:42 PM
I like D Walker as a versatile back. I'm pretty sure he did a lot of receiving in college, maybe he'll be a Charlie Garner type, that guy was awesome.

Raiderz4Life
02-25-2007, 09:43 PM
thats some of scotts scouting report on him

I read the report. Couldnt he bulk up a bit though? He's like 5'11 isnt he?

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-25-2007, 09:44 PM

he ran a 4.49 today.

RaiderLifer
02-25-2007, 11:28 PM
I think Brian Leonard can play half back in the NFL. He has all the tools to be a tough north south runner with good burst and terrific hands out of the backfield. I've been sold on the guy for quite some time. We also know that he can block in the passing game something we were lacking last year.

TheChampIsHere
02-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Booker is what he is, a speed back with good receiving skills, very athletic, good burst, but he doesnt run with power. Brian Leonard would be nice but we'd have to use the 33rd overall on him and I think the pick would be better used on OL (Staley). I see us using a day 2 pick on a running back. Possibilites I can think of are Chris Henry, Dwayne Wright, Darius Walker, Booker(if he lasts), Romance Taylor

Komp
02-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Hmm, I am of the opinion we need a decent backup RB. Just someone who can come in and grind out 3,4,5,5+ yd runs to give Jordan a rest. We'll find our next feature back another year. Kolby Smith or even Kenneth Darby would more than do the trick. Someone who hits the hole hard and wears down the D.

Windy
02-26-2007, 12:10 PM
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=66&p=2&c=621923&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fraiders.scout.com%2f2%2f 621923.html

it's brady quinn.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-26-2007, 12:33 PM
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=66&p=2&c=621923&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fraiders.scout.com%2f2%2f 621923.html

it's brady quinn.
Good. (I don't like the 10 character minimum.)

bucksavage
02-26-2007, 12:50 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CoPg6x8hXsg

watch around 3:23 Jamarcus doesnt look out of shape at all

dont let 40 numbers fool you guys. Just because a player can run the 40 fast doesnt mean he is good.

RaiderLifer
02-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Good. (I don't like the 10 character minimum.)

I like Brady a whole lot especially if we can trade down to 3-5 and still nab him. What we know we are getting with him is a guy that is going to eat and sleep in the film room. We have needed an influence like that on offense since Gannon left. I still feel like there are four prospects at the top (Quinn, CJ, AD, and J-Russ) that are elite and will help turn this offense turn it around in the short term and long run.

Komp
02-26-2007, 04:59 PM
I couldn't agree more. Quinn eats and sleeps football and thats what makes him a good pick in my opinion. Peyton doesn't have the strongest arm in the league [altho its above average], he just plain outworks other QB's in mental preparation and in practice. Quinn has a lot of similarities to him. If we can trade down [maybe with Cleveland, Arizona or TB] I think the extra picks we get will be a greater add-on than the skill difference between Jamarcus and Brady.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-26-2007, 06:06 PM
I dont Like Russell but I wouldnt have a problem with Brady.I would rather AD though.But at this point I would just like to have a good RB.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-26-2007, 06:59 PM
The main difference between Quinn and someone like Manning is that when Manning is playing you can see that he has internalized everything about his position. With Quinn you see that he's learned everything about his position.

Those are two very different things. Quinn's mechanics break down horribly when things go awry. He also has his lapses in concentration which worry the hell out of me, especially considering how hot and cold he plays.

Raiderz4Life
02-26-2007, 08:43 PM
I dont like Quinn, like a lot of people here i get the luxury to see him play a whole lot and im not very impressed with what i see. He has good games against sorry teams but when a good defense was in his face he struggled mightily. And people will say "it's because he had a a bad O-line" well coming into Oaktown he'll have just a bad line, disgruntled receivers and a sub par running game.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Ray McDonald said he talked to the Raiders.

raidersfanxxx
02-27-2007, 12:25 AM
another tommy kelly. a de/dt hybrid type of player. could be a good day 2 pick up.

RaiderLifer
02-27-2007, 12:49 AM
another tommy kelly. a de/dt hybrid type of player. could be a good day 2 pick up.

That's exactly who I thought of as well.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-27-2007, 01:28 AM
McDonald and Kareem Brown are pretty similar players, and are part of the few later round prospects actually linked to Oakland. I think it's safe to say we're getting a d-line upgrade.

RaiderLifer
02-27-2007, 11:59 AM
McDonald and Kareem Brown are pretty similar players, and are part of the few later round prospects actually linked to Oakland. I think it's safe to say we're getting a d-line upgrade.

I'm happy with that. I like the starters of Burgess, Sands, Sapp, Kelly/Huntley more than most but we could really use some depth and some young guys to develop.

raidersfanxxx
02-27-2007, 12:53 PM
yeah, i like how things are looking on the d-line so far

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-27-2007, 06:38 PM
another guy I would like to get is Ikaika Alama Francis.

Komp
02-27-2007, 08:27 PM
A mid round DE/DT would be nice. I'd prefer one with good pass rushing skills as Tommy Kelly is an alright all around guy, would be nice to switch him with someone on the passing downs [ala Lance Johnstone, is he still with us btw?].

Paranoidmoonduck
02-27-2007, 08:50 PM
another guy I would like to get is Ikaika Alama Francis.

Would love to get Alma-Francis, but we'd likely have spend our 33rd on him, so I'm not entirely sure it is worth it. I love him as a player though.

Komp
02-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Would love to get Alma-Francis, but we'd likely have spend our 33rd on him, so I'm not entirely sure it is worth it. I love him as a player though.

I think we'll get OL help in the 2nd before we draft DL.

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 07:39 PM
since sims is our LT now do u think getting sears in the 2nd is a good pick? hes a OT/G. he will be our future OT and our present G

raidersfanxxx
02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
not a good fit in the ZBS

Stash
02-28-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't think D-line should be much of a concern early in the draft. Maybe pick someone up on day 2, but the first day picks should be used to address WR, OL, TE or anything else on offense.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-03-2007, 02:39 PM
One guy I like alot right now is Ben Patrick.

Romyrick
03-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I dont think we go offensive line in the 2nd round unless Kahil is there and we feel we need to upgrade Grove. Barry Sims is our left tackle so i doubt we go so high with a tackle. We've penciled in Boothe as our RG as he played really well last year and Gallery is our RT. That leaves LG and C and Grove and McQusitan. I dont see any gaurds worthy of our 2nd round pick so I think we'll be looking somewhere else with that pick.

TE,WR (if we trade Moss), DT, DE, maybe SS

Targets: Greg Olsen (may have to trade up), Kahil obviously, Gonzo, I'd love Anthony Spencer here

Komp
03-03-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't see how we go WR in the first two rounds unless we trade Moss. Moss, Porter and Curry is a very good trio. Our OL is a mess. Sims is NOT the answer at LT.

Unless Moss gets traded I would be willing to bet that we will pick either Kalil, Staley, Ugoh or Grubbs [might be a reach with Grubbs] with our 2nd rd pick. I wouldn't even be surprised to see us get Ryan Harris in the 3rd if we get a G/C in rd2. All of those guys are good enough athletes for the ZBS.

Romyrick
03-03-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't see how we go WR in the first two rounds unless we trade Moss. Moss, Porter and Curry is a very good trio. Our OL is a mess. Sims is NOT the answer at LT.

Unless Moss gets traded I would be willing to bet that we will pick either Kalil, Staley, Ugoh or Grubbs [might be a reach with Grubbs] with our 2nd rd pick. I wouldn't even be surprised to see us get Ryan Harris in the 3rd if we get a G/C in rd2. All of those guys are good enough athletes for the ZBS.

It doesn't matter if you think Sims is not the answer at LT, the point is as part of his restructure deal he was promised that he could move back to LT. I dont think we would be restructuring him if we didn't intend him to start so he WILL be our LT, whether we think its good or not.

RaiderNation
03-03-2007, 09:53 PM
in the 2nd would u rather pick arron sears or staley? idk who because sims is the LT now. sears is a OT/G and staley is only a OT

slightlyaraiderfan
03-04-2007, 12:41 AM
in the 2nd would u rather pick arron sears or staley? idk who because sims is the LT now. sears is a OT/G and staley is only a OT
Staley is the better of the two, and he can be the long-term solution at LT

Paranoidmoonduck
03-04-2007, 01:28 AM

I'm not a huge fan of Sears, but he certainly isn't a LT and I'm not even sure he's a legitimate option at RT. If the Gallery shift is legit (and it wasn't just saying that Gallery is going to have to fight for the left side), then I think that Staley is the best option. If, however, they are content to let Gallery and Sims battle it out, I think Kalil becomes the best chance pick.

locseti
03-04-2007, 03:41 AM
Are you guys surprised that we haven't gone after a 'big name' FA OLinemen? Resigning Langston Walker is not what I had in mind when I saw the Raiders attempting to rebuild the oline.

locseti
03-04-2007, 03:50 AM
It doesn't matter if you think Sims is not the answer at LT, the point is as part of his restructure deal he was promised that he could move back to LT. I dont think we would be restructuring him if we didn't intend him to start so he WILL be our LT, whether we think its good or not.

And about this 'promising' positions, I think that is a bunch of BS...Sims should be happy with the fact that we even offered him a contract..He's nothing special..And I dont believe the notion that he is GURANTEED the LT position, no matter what the front office said. I really expected Sims to prove his worth when it was clear that the rest of the line was garbage, and he did nothing but add to the problem. Where's Lincoln Kennedy, or even Barrett Robbins??!! Obviously I'm kidding, but the fact that our biggest weakness has been getting little to no attention this offseason is really a pain in my a$$. It has become clear that building our Oline through the draft is a long and arduos journey, and the fact that I have not heard the Raiders and any Olinemen FA in the same sentence is a little bit discouraging...I was sure we were gonna make a play for some proven linemen, but so far our priorities have lied elsewhere...Everybody knows that the battle is won at the line of scrimmage. AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romyrick
03-04-2007, 02:22 PM
We dont have any money.

Stash
03-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah, combine the fact that FA o-lineman have been getting way overpaid with the fact that we won 2 games last year, we have no chance at landing them.

Windy
03-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Raiders | Team talks with Quinn
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:19:46 -0800
John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Oakland Raiders spent time with Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn (http://www.kffl.com/player/13456/nfl) the past few days.

RaiderNation
03-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Raiders | Team talks with Quinn
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:19:46 -0800
John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Oakland Raiders spent time with Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn (http://www.kffl.com/player/13456/nfl) the past few days.

pretty good news

Romyrick
03-05-2007, 02:29 PM
What do you guys think of Anthony Spencer, I think this guy is amazing. It looks like he's going in the 2nd round right now, I'd love to get him there as a best player available pick.

SubNoize
03-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Yesterday they profiled Raiders on cold pizza and this was Mcshay's mock for Raiders first day, Russell, Rice, and Harris from ND... thoughts??? I think it's decent considering Moss will be gone, but if we sign Black I'd change Harris to RB or TE...

RaiderNation
03-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Yesterday they profiled Raiders on cold pizza and this was Mcshay's mock for Raiders first day, Russell, Rice, and Harris from ND... thoughts??? I think it's decent considering Moss will be gone, but if we sign Black I'd change Harris to RB or TE...

if moss is gone there is no doubt we are taking CJ. i will take that draft though

RaiderNation
03-07-2007, 08:28 PM

if moss is gone there is no doubt we are taking CJ. i will take that draft though

Jimmy
03-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Al Davis's list
1. Marcus Vick

Seriously, I would hate to just leave that with out leaving some sort of semi intelligent post

And i just think the raiders need to make a splash and go for CJ. Take Bailey for a test drive.

Only1pickJamarcusRusell
03-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Well, that's definitely AP out of the running.

It's JR or CJ, or trade down and take a either CJ, JR, or BQ.

Expect Al to manufacture a situation at QB that allows him shoot his load all over CJ.

Stupid old ******.

Komp
03-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Harris is a great value pick in the 3rd round. He would push for starting time opposite Burgess almost immediately I'm thinking. CJ is the best player in this draft so it would be nice to get him, Harris and than spend the rest of the picks on the OL/TE situation.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Harris is a great value pick in the 3rd round. He would push for starting time opposite Burgess almost immediately I'm thinking. CJ is the best player in this draft so it would be nice to get him, Harris and than spend the rest of the picks on the OL/TE situation.

You do realize that Harris is a LT, not a DE, correct?

And Rice and Harris are two of my least favorite players in this draft when it comes to projecting them at an NFL level.

TheChampIsHere
03-09-2007, 08:07 PM
And about this 'promising' positions, I think that is a bunch of BS...Sims should be happy with the fact that we even offered him a contract..He's nothing special..And I dont believe the notion that he is GURANTEED the LT position, no matter what the front office said. I really expected Sims to prove his worth when it was clear that the rest of the line was garbage, and he did nothing but add to the problem. Where's Lincoln Kennedy, or even Barrett Robbins??!! Obviously I'm kidding, but the fact that our biggest weakness has been getting little to no attention this offseason is really a pain in my a$$. It has become clear that building our Oline through the draft is a long and arduos journey, and the fact that I have not heard the Raiders and any Olinemen FA in the same sentence is a little bit discouraging...I was sure we were gonna make a play for some proven linemen, but so far our priorities have lied elsewhere...Everybody knows that the battle is won at the line of scrimmage. AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we take Staley round 2 and let him and Sims battle it out for the starting job with Sims likely starting opening day but Staley taking it over by midseason....

As far as the rest of the OL, I suppose we are having some faith in Gallery at RT and then last years rooks (Boothe & McQuistan) at OG and Grove will compete with Newberry for the C job and maybe become a starter at OG if Newberry is healthy and plays well. I wanted some veteran OL as well (I was really hoping for Steinbach or Dielman) but with the contracts they were getting, it woulda been a mistake to give that kind of money to an OG. Im Glad Al isnt trying to buy his way out of these losing ways because that never works. I like what he's doing, I just wish we woulda got a TE. If we woulda got Graham on top of what else we've done Id give this offseason an A+ thus far.

bernbabybern820
03-09-2007, 10:36 PM

And Rice and Harris are two of my least favorite players in this draft when it comes to projecting them at an NFL level.

i LOOOVVEEDD Harris before the senior bowl. But after Senior Bowl week, wow.

raidersfanxxx
03-10-2007, 02:13 AM
not a fan of harris. he gets tossed around to much for my likeing.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-10-2007, 11:37 AM

I dont like em at all either.

Komp
03-10-2007, 01:09 PM

Woops was thinking of Abiamiri and Harris came out. I don't mind Harris tho, you can't blame all of ND's OL troubles on him. I think he would be ok in a ZBS.

Romyrick
03-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Harris is fat and clumsly.

SubNoize
03-15-2007, 12:26 AM
We invited Zach Miller for a personal workout... I think he's def. better than anybody on the roster now, wonder where we'd take him... Thoughts???

http://forums.contracostatimes.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-cctsports&msg=5609.1&ctx=512

raidersfanxxx
03-15-2007, 01:22 AM
we will take him with greenbays 2nd

Paranoidmoonduck
03-15-2007, 02:35 AM
I still like Zach Miller a lot. He ran a 4.8, but so have a lot of great TE's (Tony Gonzo included), and he has easily the most well balanced game in this draft. Great pair of hands as well.

If we could land him at 65 I would be estatic.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-15-2007, 06:28 PM
we just need a TE that can catch consistently.

RaiderNation
03-15-2007, 07:08 PM
since sims is our LT for now, what do u guys think about blalock. hes a G/OT. scott has us taking him in his new mock

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-15-2007, 07:30 PM
hes much better suited as G.ANd I think that Kalil and Staley are more likely picks and would do much more better.Not to mention we have Boothe whos a goodn starter and can have McQuistan and Grove at G.And Id probably wouldnt put Blalock at RT let alone at LT.

bernbabybern820
03-15-2007, 09:03 PM
I highly doubt Staley will be available for us in the second. So after him i would probably like the best lineman available.

bernbabybern820
03-15-2007, 09:04 PM
and imo Blalock>McNasty at guard.

raidersfanxxx
03-15-2007, 09:09 PM
staley would be perfect. and if not i think kalil would be nice .

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-15-2007, 11:12 PM
and imo Blalock>McNasty at guard.
easy to say after MCQuistans performance this year.especially since Blalock hasnt played a down.Grove is always available.

NIN1984
03-16-2007, 06:50 AM
I don't think Staley will be on the board at #33, I would really like Ryan Kalil but I have no problem with Blalock.

But I really believe Kalil would be the best fit, Grove has been awful at center and probably isnít a starter in the NFL. And Newberry might not be healthy so I think Kalil could start right away.

bernbabybern820
03-16-2007, 10:25 AM
how many years does Newberry have left in him anyways?

Windy
03-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Curry wants Brady Quinn.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/03/raiders-curry-mossbrady160307.html

RaiderNation
03-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Curry wants Brady Quinn.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/03/raiders-curry-mossbrady160307.html

ssssswwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeetttttt

Stash
03-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Doesn't really matter who Curry wants, but I'm glad to hear he would choose Quinn over Russell.

03-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Not too many people know about this guy but TE Ben Patrick from Delaware would be an awesome pickup in the 3rd round for the Raiders and would give Jamarcus Russell another huge target to hit. It would be a steal at this point and he could make the type of impact at TE that Marques Colston made at WR last year both unknown prospects coming from small schools but with a ton of potential.

http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/1005/raidersig6sp.jpg

Stash
03-18-2007, 01:08 AM
I think most football scouts know about Patrick by now even if fans don't. I think he performed well at the senior bowl and is considered the best all-around TE in the draft, but I could be mistaken.

locseti
03-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Not too many people know about this guy but TE Ben Patrick from Delaware would be an awesome pickup in the 3rd round for the Raiders and would give Jamarcus Russell another huge target to hit. It would be a steal at this point and he could make the type of impact at TE that Marques Colston made at WR last year both unknown prospects coming from small schools but with a ton of potential.

http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/1005/raidersig6sp.jpg

ya, Patrick is no longer a secret. I like him a lot, and we had better address TE in the draft at some point. If we brought in Patrick, we'd have our receiving TE and we already have our blocking TE in Wakefield.

Komp
03-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Since we signed those two TE's I don't think we'll use any Day 1 [or maybe even Day 2] picks on TE...

Romyrick
03-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Well is wakefield really a TE, he seems to be more qaulified to play OL and DL.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Im pretty sure they were both blocking TEs.werent they?Patrick in the third doesnt sound bad.

RaiderNation
03-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Im pretty sure they were both blocking TEs.werent they?Patrick in the third doesnt sound bad.

patrick with a 3rd isnt bad if we go Oline in the 2nd. in no oline in 2nd we gotta go it in the 3rd

Romyrick
03-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Call me crazy but unless we are going with Kahil or Staley or they fall to us, I dont really see us taking Oline in the 2nd round.

Listen every year we draft guys that will be good in 2-3 years and we have those guys sprinkled all over the OLine,

Slaughter
Boothe
Grove
Gallery
Ronald McDonald

Its reminds me of how the Packers for the longest time needed LB's but they picked too low in the draft to really get the great ones, so they had a lot of linebackers but they never really stood out. Maybe Beekman, but everyone else just seems pedestrian and more of the same that we already have.

Komp
03-22-2007, 09:26 AM
I don't know...I think Kalil could be a difference maker at C for years to come...

LSURaider
03-22-2007, 11:05 AM
How about going to the free agent market for a RB. Micheal Turner out of San Diego gets no props because of LT but has shown signs of brilliance when he gets a shot to play. I'm not sure if he has signed yet, but if he hasn't Al needs to weigh the option of getting him a workout or too so we can focus on more important positions in the draft like OL etc.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-22-2007, 06:41 PM
How about going to the free agent market for a RB. Micheal Turner out of San Diego gets no props because of LT but has shown signs of brilliance when he gets a shot to play. I'm not sure if he has signed yet, but if he hasn't Al needs to weigh the option of getting him a workout or too so we can focus on more important positions in the draft like OL etc.youve contradicted yourself there.I dont think SD would be willing to give us a weapon that thye would have to play two times a year.Plus they're SD.

bernbabybern820
03-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Say No To Rbs!

Stash
03-22-2007, 10:15 PM
We already restructured Jordans deal and signed Rhodes, I think you can forget about another RB this year.

RaiderNation
03-22-2007, 10:18 PM
We already restructured Jordans deal and signed Rhodes, I think you can forget about another RB this year.

i really want kalil or staley in the 2nd. then in the 3rd DE, DT or TE

RaiderNation
03-23-2007, 12:30 AM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Raiders | Team attends Johnson's workout
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:27:26 -0700

Steve Corkran, reporting for the Sporting News, reports the Oakland Raiders attended the personal workout of Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson just in case they opt against selecting Louisiana State QB JaMarcus Russell, because of various concerns. Johnson has the size, speed, and game-breaking that the Raiders are looking for.

Raiders | Team concerned with Russell's weight
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:17:31 -0700

Steve Corkran, reporting for the Sporting News, reports the Oakland Raiders returned from the NFL Scouting Combine with some concerns about Louisiana State QB JaMarcus Russell being their man for the top pick in the draft. Publicly, the Raiders haven't commented about Russell or any of the other players who attended the combine. Privately, however, certain Raider officials have questioned Russell's work ethic and have shown concern about his weight being a long-term problem.

Raiders | Team interested in Carr
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:54:47 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Oakland Raiders are interested in acquiring Houston Texans QB David Carr.

Raiders | Newberry to push for starting gig
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:16:22 -0700

Steve Corkran, reporting for the Sporting News, reports Oakland Raiders C Jeremy Newberry will likely push incumbent C Jake Grove for the starting spot in 2007, with the loser expected to get a shot at playing guard.

NotoRussell
03-27-2007, 05:03 AM
1.in my opinion we should take a qb who can help us at once.so quinn is the answer for our qb problems.we had the poorest OL, and quinn can handle with it because of his experience at notre dame.
2.the other way out would be, take JR and let him learn from bledsoe, who is free agent now. the best examples are dallas and patriots with t.brady and romo.
3.we trade for carr and take Calvin,who is the best WR i ever saw.body and blocking skills of a TE, and speed and hands of WR like moss at his best days in vinkings.

portermvp84
03-29-2007, 09:26 AM
I do like your plan. We should just take either CJ or JR number one. IMO the two best guys in the draft. There the ones who are going to make the biggest splash on the team. But the question is do we take the best WR or do we take the best QB in the draft?

Komp
04-03-2007, 10:08 PM
It's such a tough call....I wonder if anyone would trade up for CJ.

NIN1984
04-08-2007, 12:21 AM
I'm thinking we need to go D-line in the 3rd, maybe Tim Crowder or Kareem Brown something on the D-line.

RaiderNation
04-08-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm thinking we need to go D-line in the 3rd, maybe Tim Crowder or Kareem Brown something on the D-line.

ya dline in the 3rd should help us.

CJ or russell in the 1st

staley,kalil or moss in the 2nd

dline and o line in 3rd

portermvp84
04-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Would Tank Tyler be avialble in the 3rd though?

NotoRussell
04-08-2007, 12:02 PM
i hope that Blalock is still availble in the 2nd round, he will be a great RG as pro.

Windy
04-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Raiders | Team puts T. Edwards through a private workout
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:14:24 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Oakland Raiders put Stanford QB Trent Edwards through a private workout. Edwards watched film and threw passes to a handful of players.

RaiderNation
04-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Raiders | Team puts T. Edwards through a private workout
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:14:24 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Oakland Raiders put Stanford QB Trent Edwards through a private workout. Edwards watched film and threw passes to a handful of players.

pretty good news. means we arnt only interested in russell

NotoRussell
04-08-2007, 01:09 PM
sounds great.
1st overall selection Calvin Johnson!!!

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-08-2007, 02:16 PM
I love Trent Edwards as a prospect.Im very happy that they are interested in him.

portermvp84
04-08-2007, 03:23 PM
I don't mind this:
1.CJ
2. Zack Miller
3. Tank Tyler

Anybody care to comment.

NIN1984
04-08-2007, 04:23 PM
I think Tank is a late first, early 2nd round pick so if we really want him we could have a chance at #33

Paranoidmoonduck
04-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I don't mind this:
1.CJ
2. Zack Miller
3. Tank Tyler

Anybody care to comment.

Zach Miller seems like a reach and Tyler at that point is a bit of a steal, so it ain't bad. That said, with the resigning of Sands, we don't really need a nosetackle. We could pick up a nice undertackle later on in the draft (Antonio Johnson really impressed me at the Senior Bowl).

portermvp84
04-08-2007, 06:18 PM
We need a good TE though, not somebody who just blocks but can also make some nice grabs. If not Miller could we go with Kalil or Blalock.

skatman
04-08-2007, 07:20 PM
We need a good TE though, not somebody who just blocks but can also make some nice grabs. If not Miller could we go with Kalil or Blalock.

There's nothing I'd like more than to see a legit two-way TE in Oakland.

Just a guess, but I don't think the Raiders view TE as a major need. I think Anderson, Stewart and probably Madsen make the roster. That doesn't get me excited, and I'd love to score a Ben Patrick a bit later in the draft, but with a bad TE draft class, and the signing of Stewart, I'll be surprised if we draft one.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-08-2007, 10:48 PM
At this point our TE situation is so bad all we need is a TE that can catch the ball consistently and that would be an upgrade.we dont need anything special at that position.....yet.

portermvp84
04-08-2007, 11:07 PM
We should of been smart earlier in the offseason and signed either Eric Johnson or Randy Mcmicael. Instead we sign Tony Stewart, well it looks like we'll have to turn to the draft to get out TE I hope it's either Miller or Chandler.

teneight
04-09-2007, 04:41 AM
why would we waste our 1st overall pick on a WR (CJ) when we are really really deep at the WR position. moss, porter, curry, gabriel, whitted, buchanon, morant, francis and a few more.

we need to draft QB, OLx3, DT, safety, RB, and TE (mean Big nasty blocking TE with some solid catching abilities...we need to pound that ball !24%$#%$#)

another Wr is the last thing we need

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-09-2007, 12:21 PM
well first off Moss is an asshole.Porter missed a year.Curry's ankes cant be depended on.Did you seriously list off Whitted?Francis will be on the IR once again.Buchannon I like but will he contribute?Morant is good at catching the ball and getting yac but he cant seem to hold onto the ball.out of those guys we dont have enough to warrant to pass on CJ.

RaiderLifer
04-09-2007, 02:21 PM
What round do you guys think T. Edwards end up in? I have liked him quite a bit for a while now but it seems like he is rising up draft boards and I'm not so sure we can get him as late as I anticipated initially.

RaiderNation
04-09-2007, 02:29 PM
What round do you guys think T. Edwards end up in? I have liked him quite a bit for a while now but it seems like he is rising up draft boards and I'm not so sure we can get him as late as I anticipated initially.

3rd - 4th atleast

Paranoidmoonduck
04-09-2007, 05:52 PM

Could go anywhere from mid-2nd to the early 4th in my estimation. I'm sure some teams love him, but others will want to go for the more proven quarterbacks like Stanton and Kolb.

Stash
04-09-2007, 09:08 PM
why would we waste our 1st overall pick on a WR (CJ) when we are really really deep at the WR position. moss, porter, curry, gabriel, whitted, buchanon, morant, francis and a few more.

we need to draft QB, OLx3, DT, safety, RB, and TE (mean Big nasty blocking TE with some solid catching abilities...we need to pound that ball !24%$#%$#)

another Wr is the last thing we need

You should take RB off your list of needs for the same reason, we already have Jordan, Rhodes, and Fargas so I don't think we should waste a pick on a RB.

BTW, I think most people saying they want CJ are assuming we get rid of Moss so that would open up a spot for a #1 WR.

locseti
04-09-2007, 10:01 PM
ahahahhaa Whitted!

portermvp84
04-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I hate Alvis Whitted, I don't knw why we keep resigning him. i know we can sign someone better than him.

Windy
04-10-2007, 11:46 AM
I hate Alvis Whitted, I don't knw why we keep resigning him. i know we can sign someone better than him.

He is one of Al Davis' "Favorites".

NotoRussell
04-10-2007, 01:13 PM
how old is Whitted? about 33. man, he is a joke.

portermvp84
04-10-2007, 01:53 PM
He is one of Al Davis' "Favorites".

I thought you had to be good to be one of Davis' "Favorites" like Tim Brown.

portermvp84
04-10-2007, 01:56 PM
how old is Whitted? about 33. man, he is a joke.

Yeah he's 33, he's got the worst hands in the league.

Stash
04-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Whitted is just a James Jett clone. Fast but can't catch $hit.

portermvp84
04-11-2007, 09:23 AM
James Jett was a little better than Alvis Whitted. Jett caught way more balls than Whitted ever did.

ChefMike
04-12-2007, 02:44 PM
So is Joey Porter... he has never had a 1000yd season. The Raiders are famous for taking those type of players... not that I fault them for that... I just cant understand the raiders draft one per year !! I see them taking Chris Henry or Jacoby Jones late in the draft to fill that super workout warrior role for them..

Don't get me wrong I like the Raiders... I think they are the Team that just gives the NFL a swagger and good quality villian.. you can't have superman without Lex Luthor right ?

portermvp84
04-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Jerry porter at least had some nice seasons, he may of not have gotten the yards. But he sure of has gotten the Touchdowns and receptions over the years.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Walter THomas is a beast.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/walterthomas.html
definetely worth a day two pick.

RaiderNation
04-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Walter THomas is a beast.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/walterthomas.html
definetely worth a day two pick.

holy 374!! i say 6th round if we dont go DT earlier

skatman
04-14-2007, 05:44 PM
2 games at a community college, and kicked off the team?

I doubt he gets drafted.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-14-2007, 06:02 PM
his athleticism is to much for teams to pass down.

NotoRussell
04-20-2007, 12:38 PM
maybe he can be like Ted Washington, someday.

RaiderNation
04-20-2007, 01:08 PM
theres a chance now that alan branch could really fall in the draft and might be a 2nd rounder. you think we take him if he falls?

NotoRussell
04-20-2007, 01:50 PM
that would be great, but that will not happen and our need is still the OL.

portermvp84
04-23-2007, 09:46 AM
maybe he can be like Ted Washington, someday.

Get fatter and doesn't move?

slightlyaraiderfan
04-23-2007, 10:42 PM
According to John Clayton...

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Raiders intend to draft Calvin Johnson with the No. 1 pick if the Dolphins acquire Trent Green from Kansas City.

Clayton's theory is that the whole top part of the draft depends on the future of Trent Green. If Green goes to Miami, Daunte Culpepper will be cut and Oakland would then sign him. Clayton says if a Green trade can't be worked out, the Raiders will be forced to draft JaMarcus Russell.

via rotoworld.

NIN1984
04-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Trent Edwards was just on ESPN the hot list and said he hopes Raiders draft him at 33, he will be waiting for the call.

NotoRussell
04-26-2007, 02:45 PM
33rd is a reach IMO

NIN1984
04-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah I agree, he hasn't been able to stay healthy.

NotoRussell
04-26-2007, 03:05 PM
if we want to draft him, then at 65th or trade up to the middle of the second round.

bernbabybern820
04-26-2007, 04:31 PM
I like Beck better than Edwards actually.

Raiderz4Life
04-26-2007, 10:09 PM
since we're going WCO now wouldnt we need a mobile QB such as Jake the Snake? One that can roll out and boot. If so then i guess Andrew's done.

NIN1984
04-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Yeah Walter could be done in Oakland, We'll find out for real soon...

Andrew Walter was Norv Turners project, just like Tui was Grudens

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Edwards is worth the pick at #33.

portermvp84
04-28-2007, 12:39 AM
So is Ryan Kalil.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Trent Edwards would be the better pick if we get CJ in the 1st.Our Interior is looking better Carlisle and Boothe are good and Newberry if he can stay healthy is good as well.Not to mention Treu is a good backup and can start.

RaiderNation
04-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Trent Edwards would be the better pick if we get CJ in the 1st.Our Interior is looking better Carlisle and Boothe are good and Newberry if he can stay healthy is good as well.Not to mention Treu is a good backup and can start.

i agree we have to go QB in the 1st 2 rounds. CJ and Edwards would be very nice

if we go russell do you think we go for Jarrett or go oline or DE?

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Id like to go DE next.Im not wild about going WR or Oline in round two.

Oaktown1981
04-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Only a few more hours until Russell is a Raider.

NotoRussell
04-28-2007, 08:20 AM
unfortunately it will be JR

Windy
04-28-2007, 09:43 AM
agreed it looks that way. i'll be away from the computer for most of the first round.

RaiderNation
04-28-2007, 10:12 AM
not a done deal yet on russell. kiffin said %20 chance of trading the pick

AlexDown
04-28-2007, 10:32 AM
As of the news we have heard now, Crow is most likely not very happy right now.

slightlyaraiderfan
04-28-2007, 11:21 AM
He is going to look great in silver in black!

Raiderz4Life
04-28-2007, 11:22 AM
its JR im ok with the pick but i really wanted CJ

Geo
04-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Congrats on getting a potential franchise quarterback, Raiders fans. We'll see who else the Raiders draft, but Russell already has weapons in receivers Porter and Curry as well as two runningbacks who can catch the ball out of the backfield in Jordan and Rhodes.

slightlyaraiderfan
04-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Congrats on getting a potential franchise quarterback, Raiders fans. We'll see who else the Raiders draft, but Russell already has weapons in receivers Porter and Curry as well as two runningbacks who can catch the ball out of the backfield in Jordan and Rhodes.
Definitely, i'm looking for some more offense in the 2nd.

bernbabybern820
04-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Definitely, i'm looking for some more offense in the 2nd.

It will be interesting who will be left with our next pick.

TwOne
04-28-2007, 11:37 AM
grats with the pick guys, hopefully her turns out good for the raiders, but not too good :). (im a bucs fan :D)

raidersfanxxx
04-28-2007, 12:01 PM
JR was a grea great pick. lets hope we get a steal in the 2nd

slightlyaraiderfan
04-28-2007, 12:09 PM
JR was a grea great pick. lets hope we get a steal in the 2nd
You know it, there is always a player we thought would go in the 1st fall to the 2nd.

bucksavage
04-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Yadadadadadadadada

raidersfanxxx
04-28-2007, 12:11 PM
if we do end up trading moss when do you guys think it will go down?

Windy
04-28-2007, 12:13 PM
i still want to go offense in the 2nd. hopefully one of the WR's drop.

661rep
04-28-2007, 12:49 PM
if we do end up trading moss when do you guys think it will go down?

I think we will go best available WR... I hope Jarrett is still there in the 2nd.

RaiderNation
04-28-2007, 01:51 PM
You know it, there is always a player we thought would go in the 1st fall to the 2nd.

Jarrett????? Trade Moss for packers 3rd.

go 1st Russell
2nd Jarrett
3rdA Oline
3rdB DE,DT,TE,RB
3rdC DE,DT,TE,RB

RaiderNation
04-28-2007, 02:00 PM
http://raiderfans.com/images/jrock.jpg

Hopefully in 3 years we dont look like dumba$$'s when we passed CJ

http://www.fanpass.net/gallery/data/500/Russell_Commish.jpg

locseti
04-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Cant wait to see JR in the silver and black.

RaiderNation
04-28-2007, 02:11 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/

Raiders | Team trying to deal Moss to Patriots
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:01:52 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Oakland Raiders have spoken with the New England Patriots regarding WR Randy Moss. The Patriots have currently offered a second-day pick in this year's NFL Draft in return for Moss.

Raiders | Russell will not be rushed
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:22:58 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin said there will be no timetable on when QB JaMarcus Russell will play for the team. "It might be from Day 1, it might be in Year 2," Kiffin said.

bucksavage
04-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Is it ironic that Russell wore all black?? haha. Cant wait to see him in the preseason

RaiderNation
04-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Is it ironic that Russell wore all black?? haha. Cant wait to see him in the preseason

thats what i was thinking.

RaiderNation
04-28-2007, 02:29 PM
i was thinking this since denver traded up for jarvis moss, we trade our 2nd,5th and Randy Moss for Patriots 24th and 6th for joe staley

bernbabybern820
04-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Wow lets hope Greg Olsen is available for us!

RaiderNation
04-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Wow lets hope Greg Olsen is available for us!

Jarrett!!!!!!!!!!

raidersfanxxx
04-28-2007, 05:23 PM
damn them bears!

RaiderNation
04-28-2007, 05:25 PM
what the why did we trade our pick? what did we get?

raidersfanxxx
04-28-2007, 05:30 PM
swap 2nds..we get a 4th

raidersfanxxx
04-28-2007, 05:31 PM
i think were going after tony ugoh

bernbabybern820
04-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Jarrett!!!!!!!!!!

Ugoh, Kalil, or Miller!!!

bernbabybern820
04-28-2007, 05:35 PM
i think were going after tony ugoh

So do i and i agree with it too. Sims is only going to give us 1 or 2 years tops at tackle.

locseti
04-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Coulda had Alan Branch, and we gave him up for an extra 4th? We're gonna regret this..

raidersfanxxx
04-28-2007, 05:45 PM
yeah, we need to get depth on the outside of the o-line. i think were in ok shape between the tackles. nothing that we cant help in day 2.

bernbabybern820
04-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Coulda had Alan Branch, and we gave him up for an extra 4th? We're gonna regret this..

We already paid Sands starter money and they are basically identical players. We need a UT more than an NT

bernbabybern820
04-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Hmm I can live with Miller. I guess it really says a lot about how confident the coaching staff is with our o-line by not picking Kalil or Ugoh.

RaiderNation
04-28-2007, 06:02 PM
zach miller? with kalil,ugoh and jarrett on the board

locseti
04-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Can't argue with the Zach Miller pick though, we need a TE so bad and we could move back into the 2nd.

raidersfanxxx
04-28-2007, 06:14 PM
not surprised by this pick at all. lane has said he thinks the o-line will be one of our strong points next year. and if you followed usc football over the years they use the TE a ton on boots and off play action. overall i think it was a solid pick at best.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-28-2007, 06:27 PM
We already paid Sands starter money and they are basically identical players. We need a UT more than an NT
Except for the fact that Sands hasnt been a consistent starter yet.And that Alan BRanch was actually a day one pick.

Stash
04-28-2007, 06:28 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/

Raiders | Team trying to deal Moss to Patriots
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:01:52 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Oakland Raiders have spoken with the New England Patriots regarding WR Randy Moss. The Patriots have currently offered a second-day pick in this year's NFL Draft in return for Moss.

Raiders | Russell will not be rushed
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:22:58 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin said there will be no timetable on when QB JaMarcus Russell will play for the team. "It might be from Day 1, it might be in Year 2," Kiffin said.

I don't like Moss at all, but since we decided to draft Russell, we might as well keep him around so Russell has someone to throw to. I don't particularly like the pick, so I think we will have a good chance to draft McFadden next year.

Raiderz4Life
04-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Im not too happy with Miller...i think Ben Patrick is a lot better than Miller and will end up having a better career...Miller may be the better receiver but Patrick is better all around

bernbabybern820
04-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Except for the fact that Sands hasnt been a consistent starter yet.And that Alan BRanch was actually a day one pick.

except for the fact that being a day one pick has nothing to do with what you will do in the NFL. The team obviously thinks that Sands can be a consistent starter since they payed him starters money and they passed on Branch...

Komp
04-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I agree with JR pick 100%. It was either this or trade down for Quinn. I also agree with not picking Alan Branch. There must be something very wrong with him to fall from the top 10 all the way down to the 2nd rd. I'm not so sure about trading down 5 spots for only a 6th rd pick. However, I think Kiffin must really like Miller and just wanted to get a little more pick value for him. The interior of our OL isn't in that bad of shape with Carlisle, Grove, Newberry, Boothe and McQ all fighting for spots we didn't really NEED Kalil/Blalock. We haven't had a good TE for years and while I don't necessarily agree with Miller from a pick value spot, I do agree with the reasoning behind it.

So far so good....if we can get a good DT and OT in round 3 I would consider this a fantastic draft.

bernbabybern820
04-28-2007, 06:53 PM
I agree with JR pick 100%. It was either this or trade down for Quinn. I also agree with not picking Alan Branch. There must be something very wrong with him to fall from the top 10 all the way down to the 2nd rd. I'm not so sure about trading down 5 spots for only a 6th rd pick. However, I think Kiffin must really like Miller and just wanted to get a little more pick value for him. The interior of our OL isn't in that bad of shape with Carlisle, Grove, Newberry, Boothe and McQ all fighting for spots we didn't really NEED Kalil/Blalock. We haven't had a good TE for years and while I don't necessarily agree with Miller from a pick value spot, I do agree with the reasoning behind it.

So far so good....if we can get a good DT and OT in round 3 I would consider this a fantastic draft.

im pretty sure we got a 4th for trading down those spots. And i agree with basically everything you said but i like Crowder for round 3. I wonder if we could have drafted Ugoh and then draft Ben Patrick in the third.

Raiderz4Life
04-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Ben Patrick was a lot better value in my opinion. But im not complainig

bernbabybern820
04-28-2007, 07:01 PM

im pretty sure we got a 4th for trading down those spots. And i agree with basically everything you said but i like Crowder for round 3. I wonder if we could have drafted Ugoh and then draft Ben Patrick in the third.

Sharp21
04-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Will passing on Jarrett and Rice end up hurting us if we trade Moss? I think Miller will immediately help, but if Ben Patrick falls to the 3rd i would say it was a mistake not taking Ugoh, Jarrett, Rice, and even Kalil.

Stash
04-28-2007, 07:20 PM
I just heard M Williams and McCown got traded to the Raiders, I don't know what we gave them in return though. Does this mean Moss will be out? I'm betting it does, since right now we have Moss, Porter, Curry, Gabriel, and MWilliams.

bernbabybern820
04-28-2007, 07:22 PM
I just heard M Williams and McCown got traded to the Raiders, I don't know what we gave them in return though. Does this mean Moss will be out? I'm betting it does, since right now we have Moss, Porter, Curry, Gabriel, and MWilliams.

Sadly i think it does mean Moss is on his way out... :(

oakraiders2007
04-28-2007, 07:24 PM

Wait, we got Mike Williams and Josh McCown? What did we give up?

portermvp84
04-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Thats good, I love the Zack Miller pick. I'm kinda suprised Ryan Kalil hasn't been selected yet.

Stash
04-28-2007, 07:28 PM
I just heard it was for a 4th rounder. Pretty good IMO for a top 10 pick a couple years ago and a backup QB.

Komp
04-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Two decent players for a 4th is a good deal. It gives JR some time to develop and Kiffin should be able to motivate Mike Williams. If he can turn into a productive WR we took them to town imo.

UPDATE - the 4th round pick we received from Arizona [you are right it wasn't a 6th] was used to acquire McCown/Williams....GJ KIFFIN/DAVIS!

Raiderz4Life
04-28-2007, 07:40 PM
M Williams aint no CJ but close enough lol Ben Patrick will be a stud

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-28-2007, 07:45 PM
hopefully with Mike Williams coming in this means Moss is gone for good.

Stash
04-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Kalil is slipping big time and I don't think any of the teams coming up need a center. Do you think he could fall to the 3rd, and if so, should we select him? I know we already have a C in Newberry, but we only have him for 1yr and he is injury prone.

EDIT:
Nevermind, Carolina took him.

bernbabybern820
04-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Kalil is slipping big time and I don't think any of the teams coming up need a center. Do you think he could fall to the 3rd, and if so, should we select him? I know we already have a C in Newberry, but we only have him for 1yr and he is injury prone.

I dont think there is any way that Kalil falls past us now that Crowder got taken by the Broncos.

Komp
04-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Yah I think even if we need to trade up to get him we should go for Kalil. I've said it before, but he is the type of guy you draft and than you don't have to worry about the position for 8 years.

Komp
04-28-2007, 08:01 PM
So much for that idea lol....Carolina just grabbed him

Stash
04-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Quentin Moses, didn't see that one coming but he could be a good pass rusher opposite Burgess.

bernbabybern820
04-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Hmm Moses. We needed a DE. I think that Brayton is going to beef up and stay at DT.

Raiderz4Life
04-28-2007, 08:56 PM
I was just telling my buddie i hope we get Quentin Moses...and we did...i love this pick

RaiderNation
04-28-2007, 09:50 PM
this draft could get any better IMO. Yes i wanted CJ more but now seeing that we got Mike Williams with Russell, a fast DE that will be very productive since burgess will be double teams, plus a TE that can do it all.

also what are we gonna do with the next 2 picks? i think we should go DT,RB or oline in the 2 picks.

Stash
04-28-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't think we should go after a RB, there's really no need this year.

Stash
04-28-2007, 10:22 PM
WTF, Johnny Lee Higgins? Did we really need another WR??

Windy
04-28-2007, 10:23 PM
I like the Mario Henderson pick.

Sharp21
04-28-2007, 10:36 PM
I have to say i am very happy with the Raiders first day.

Although Calvin was intriguing, Russell should be a stud. It's rare to find a QB with that kind of throw power, throw accuracy, and a fast release to go along with that kind of body. Boom or Bust, this was the pick Al Davis had to make.
I didnt really like the Miller pick at first, but i am warming up to him. (especially since our 2nd was him, Mike Williams, and McCown.) Hopefully he can improve his blocking because ive heard his hands are sensational.
I am extremely happy with Moses! I was really hoping we could get one of the Georgia Ends, and the addition of the Junior yr Moses could mean the world to our pass rush and take some pressure off of Burgess!
Mario Henderson seems like a great pick as well and was worth the risk for a guy with his size and athleticism.
Higgins was higher than most of the receivers chosen ahead of him on my list, but this pick seems to be a bit mysterious with so many receivers on the roster?

Overall, the Raiders addressed needs and got some great value so i would give their draft a B+/A- for day 1.

Windy
04-28-2007, 10:37 PM
First Day

1. JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
2. Zach Miller TE ASU
3. Quentin Moses DE Georgia
3. Mario Henderson OT Florida State
3. Johnnie Lee Higgins WR UTEP

Josh McCown QB Detroit
Mike Williams WR Detroit

locseti
04-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I like the Mario Henderson pick.

^^Great pick, and I also really like the Quentin Moses pick. With Johnny Lee Higgins and M Williams on the team, Moss is as good as gone.

All things considered, and taking into account past draft day blunders, this was a good day. If Moses can revert back to 05 form, he can be a force opposite Burgess, and is, as it stands right now, and immediate upgrade over Tyler Brayton.

We also did some wheeling and dealing, and I think we came out on top, especially the extra 4th we got from Arizona, that was later sent to DET for Williams/McCown.

So, who do you guys want us to go after with the next pick? Marcus Thomas?

Raiderz4Life
04-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Ben Patrick is still on the board...i wish we could take them but we probably wont :(
Overall im happy weith our draft..i really wanted CJ but i know JR was our true need and im happy with the pick. I absolutely loved the Moses pick. The pick i didnt really like and still dont really like is the Miller pick. We should have taken Kalil in the 2nd and Ben Patrick in the 3rd.

locseti
04-28-2007, 10:46 PM
First Day

1. JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
2. Zach Miller TE ASU
3. Quentin Moses DE Georgia
3. Mario Henderson OT Florida State
3. Johnnie Lee Higgins WR UTEP

Josh McCown QB Detroit
Mike Williams WR Detroit

Not bad, eh?

locseti
04-28-2007, 10:48 PM
I honestly think Ben patrick would be a great addition, We could keep Whitfield as our blocking TE and then cut the rest. Our line is so bad, running some two TE sets might not be a bad idea. Plus, they both are great receiving TE's,

NIN1984
04-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Great day for the Raiders I'll give them a B+

Raiderz4Life
04-28-2007, 11:41 PM
I honestly think Ben patrick would be a great addition, We could keep Whitfield as our blocking TE and then cut the rest. Our line is so bad, running some two TE sets might not be a bad idea. Plus, they both are great receiving TE's,

I like the way you think, but cutting Miller wouldve been a waste of a 2nd

UtepMiner
04-28-2007, 11:45 PM
The Overall Draft Went Well For Us..
JR Is What We Need..
TE Not A Great Pick But Not Bad Either..
DE Who Can Help Out Burgess Hopefully..
An O-Linemen who can bring something to our terrible line..
Wr Higgins..Great Possibilities with this guy..great hands speed n vision..can bring something better to our special teams also..not to high on Carr..
Also..Mike Williams Can Do Big Things..Trade Moss..Had Enough Of His Whining and Giving Up On Plays..

raidersfanxxx
04-28-2007, 11:53 PM
who do you guys think we will get with our 4th pick?

NIN1984
04-29-2007, 12:20 AM
1. JaMarcus Russell QB LSU, Wow Raiders finally draft a QB in the first round, I'm ready for the Russell era!

2. Zach Miller TE ASU, Raiders have been looking for a TE for years, Miller is being underrated by a lot of Raider fans right now because we didn't take Alan Branch, oh well I think Miller is going to be a nice weapon for Russell and he can actually block.

3. Quentin Moses DE Georgia, He was first round talent had a bad senior season so he falls he could end up a steal for us, teaming him with Burgess on 3rd downs will be awesome.

3. Mario Henderson OT Florida State, I thought he was day two talent but Raiders really needed to get someone on this O-line to compete, he is a nice fit for the ZBS.

3. Johnnie Lee Higgins WR UTEP, Iím pretty sure Moss wonít be back, So Raiders are looking for a new deep threat. Could be our #3 WR.

Josh McCown QB Detroit, Looks to compete with Russell and Walter for the starting job.

Mike Williams WR Detroit, Could be a red zone threat and thatís about it.

Komp
04-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Bush would be a fantastic addition to the team and would be a great value in the 4th round.

Personally I hope we go either OT or DT in the 4th. It would be nice to get another OT prospect so if one busts, hopefully the other turns out well. DT hasn't been addressed yet and something tells me we will be getting one of the Packers DT's for Moss. However, Marcus Thomas is still on the board and I really, really like him and would love to see him in Silver and Black. He would be another example of a first round talent that has fallen drastically, and with Sapp and Burgess he will be mentored properly.

locseti
04-29-2007, 01:22 AM
I like the way you think, but cutting Miller wouldve been a waste of a 2nd

I meant cut the rest of the TE's on our current roster, particularly Roland Williams and Courtney Anderson. One thing is for sure, Miller is now the top TE on our depth chart.

Stash
04-29-2007, 01:52 AM
With the Miller pick and the two offseason TE signings, I think Roland Williams and Anderson will be cut/traded for sure. On day 2 I am hoping for a DT, another OT, and possibly a CB/S depending on who's left.

Windy
04-29-2007, 02:05 AM
Raiders | Anderson on the block
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 23:43:57 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Oakland Raiders have told TE Courtney Anderson he is on the trading block. The Raiders selected TE Zach Miller in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft, making Anderson expendable.

raidersfanxxx
04-29-2007, 02:18 AM
later dude

slightlyaraiderfan
04-29-2007, 02:20 AM
Might aswell cut him, I don't see us getting anything in return.

Stash
04-29-2007, 02:42 AM
We might be able to swindle someone like GB and make them think he is actually worth more than a bag of crap.

NotoRussell
04-29-2007, 07:38 AM
i hope we can get Michael Bush or Pittman in 4th.
or we draft Marcus Thomas that would have a great value.

Raiderz4Life
04-29-2007, 09:10 AM
i think we're set at RB we got Rhodes and Jordan and Fargas is a good change of pace back. Id like to see us shore up our run D.

bernbabybern820
04-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Raiders select.....

Michael Bush RB, Louisville.

Windy
04-29-2007, 10:10 AM
I hope this doesn't mean the end of Justin Fargas.

oakraiders2007
04-29-2007, 10:17 AM
I hope this doesn't mean the end of Justin Fargas.

More like the end of LaMont Jordan... ;)

raidersfanxxx
04-29-2007, 10:28 AM
great pick. he will basiclly sit out next year to rehap and get back to his old form. by then JR will be ready to rip.

Raiderz4Life
04-29-2007, 10:45 AM
im kinda in the middle with this one. we got rhodes jordan and fargas...i like bush but i dont see why we need him. i still kinda like the pick though.

raidersfanxxx
04-29-2007, 10:56 AM
what?!?!?! a CB....a CB....things were going so good till this horrid pick.

Komp
04-29-2007, 12:10 PM
He's a special teams wiz and maybe the fastest player available in the draft. You can never have too much depth at CB. I'm not sure why we have not picked up another DT to throw in the rotation yet.

661rep
04-29-2007, 12:15 PM
what?!?!?! a CB....a CB....things were going so good till this horrid pick.

lol he supposbly was the fastest guy in the draft (4.24 40) so really no surprise with Al loving speed. I think we cut Tyrone Poole so it adds depth at CB and special team player.