PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Trades

IndyColtScout
03-18-2008, 11:00 AM
You heard it hear first, I am predicting two trades in the top 10 this year.

Trade #1:
MIA trades the #1 pick to ATL for the right to the #3 pick, ATL's 2nd round pick & 3rd round pick, and ATL's 2009 1st round pick (chances go up even more if Hall is traded to OAK giving ATL another 2nd round pick)

ATL moves up to #1 to select Matt Ryan.
STL draft Gholston.
MIA moved down to #3 and gets the guy the want in Chris Long.

I donít think there is any way that ATL can go another season with Harrington or Redman as the QB. This team needs to bring excitement to the club, something that can sell tickets. Trading up to draft Ryan will do just that. If they can get the contract done, I think he could start early for this team. They will probably run heavy at first with Burner and Norwood giving Ryan time to adjust. To me this move just makes sense, and with owner Arthur Blank being a savvy businessman I think he will want to bring some excitement to this club. Also I want to point out the recent trend of QBís going #1. Itís not coincidence. Teams really find the QB position to be one of very few to be worth paying what is now considered #1 money. Matt Ryan's pro day is today, and I am predicting an Alex Smith workout.

Trade #2:
OAK trades the #4 pick to DAL for the #22 pick, #28 pick, DAL's 2nd & 3rd round picks, and DAL 2009 1st round pick.

DAL selects Darren McFadden.

I think DAL is going to keep Marion Barber. However, I think Jerry wants to add some more firepower for Romo. Well, McFadden is Jerryís guy. It a smart move for the Raiders too because they already have some pretty good RBís on the team so to pick DMC at #4 really doesn't make a ton of sense for OAK, (unless Jordan and Rhodes are both getting cut). Getting these extra picks will help fill holes.

Those are the only two trades I am seeing right now. Of course when draft day is here it may be a little easier to read the board. Anyone else got predictions?

TACKLE
03-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Trade #2:
OAK trades the #4 pick to DAL for the #22 pick, #28 pick, DAL's 2nd & 3rd round picks, and DAL 2009 1st round pick.

That would be an absolute robbery. No way any team trade 3 1st round picks and a 2nd & 3rd to get a RB with character concerns to compliment the Pro Bowl RB they already have. If they did that Jerry Jones and their GM should be fired on the spot.

Dr. Gonzo
03-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Hahahaha. Falcons and Cowboys fans are going to love you for these trades. I mean even I think they are incredibly lopsided and I hate both the teams getting screwed.

TACKLE
03-18-2008, 11:15 AM
1. PATRIOTS trade the #7 pick to the SAINTS for their #10 pick and 3rd round pick.

SAINTS select: Glenn Dorsey/Sedrick Ellis

2. TEXANS trade the #18 pick to STEELERS for their #18 pick and a 3rd round pick.

STEELERS select:Branden Albert

IndyColtScout
03-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Don't thank me, thank the draft value chart. Those were the only trades that work with the chart, and on top of that mostly all top 10 pick trades include future 1st round picks especially when trading for a QB #1. I am using the Eli trade here pretty much.

As for DAL, they don't have a lot of pressing needs so they could sacrifice the extra picks for a shot at a difference maker.

IndyColtScout
03-18-2008, 11:19 AM
That would be an absolute robbery. No way any team trade 3 1st round picks and a 2nd & 3rd to get a RB with character concerns to compliment the Pro Bowl RB they already have. If they did that Jerry Jones and their GM should be fired on the spot.

I'm not a DAL fan, but I would be pretty excited for Romo to have Barber and McFadden helping as well as TO, Witten, Glenn, and Crayton. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

TimD
03-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Why would Atlanta trade up to take Ryan. I don't think they want him that bad. Even if Miami does take him they are still most likely left with Dorsey or J Long which would also really help that team.

GaMeTiMe
03-18-2008, 11:27 AM
I feel that this is easily the most realistic trade this year:

Philly trades their first round pick (#19) and their third round pick (and maybe a late round pick, depending on the value chart) to Buffalo for the #11 pick.

Philly selects: Ryan Clady, possibly Chris Williams if Clady is gone
Buffalo selects: Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy, Devin Thomas or Limas Sweed, depending on their board.

#11 is too high for Buffalo to pick a WR, and Clady and Williams shouldn't both get passed Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, Arizona, Minnesota and Houston.

Crazy_Chris
03-18-2008, 11:29 AM
I don't think either of those two top 10 trades are likely to happen. The most likely thing to happen would be someone trading up for Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Dorsey if one of them makes it to #6/#7. The most likely canidate would seem to be the Saints but I also could see the Broncos making a move too depending on how they feel about Ryan Harris at LT.

IndyColtScout
03-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Long I could see, but Dorsey is not going top 5. Dorsery won't go top 10, maybe top 20. Dorsey is this years Aaron Rodgers/Brady Quinn except he isn't a QB. However Glenn is going to be sitting in that green room.

However, back to Ryan. I think ATL trades up for Ryan because of economics (paying a LT #3 money is ok though) and buzz for the city of ATL. Even if Long is picked, I doubt many will care if he is protecting Redman or Harrington.

The people of ATL need something to motivate them to go see the Falcons. I'm sorry but the addition of Burner and J. Long isn't enough to me. Ryan and Burner would generate huge buzz, because these are the two most important positions on offense.

Crazy_Chris
03-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Unless it comes out that Glenn Dorsey's injury is very serious he isn't going to fall very far at all.

IndyColtScout
03-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Another thing, you guys have to incorporate the the value chart into trades.

Lets do the math for the #1 pick trade.

MIA #1 (3000 points)

ATL #3 (2200 points)
ATL #38 (520 points)
ATL #69 (245 points)
=2965 points, which is 35 points shy of making the trade work, which is why ATL has to throw in 2009 first round pick.

OAK #4 pick (1800 points)

DAL #22 (780 points)
DAL #28 (660 points)
DAL #62 (284 points)
DAL #93 (128 points)
= 1852, this trade could theoretically work without the 2009 1st rounder but because its for such a large margin for OAK to drop down, OAK will require the 2009 DAL 1st round pick (which like I said will be a 25-30 pick next year; not that big of a loss for DAL)

I don't see how either of these team trading up gets raped. Mathematically these trades make sense.

Gay Ork Wang
03-18-2008, 11:37 AM
so they just let the team lose some picks and get a QB that isnt even a top5 talent?
makes no sense to me.
i dont get ur point with the economics either. Isnt it better to pay a QB #3 money then #1 money?
Dorsey wont drop past the Saints and the Bengals...

so a next years first round pick is worth 35 points??? ridiculous...

IndyColtScout
03-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Unless it comes out that Glenn Dorsey's injury is very serious he isn't going to fall very far at all.

Dorsey's knee issues and the question of a stress fracture as well as long term injury issues as well as Dorsey not working out before the draft will make Dorsey fall. No doubt about it. Same thing will happen to J-Stew. Talent doesn't matter when you are talking about investing millions in a guy that might not play. Teams are paying the big bucks and will want their guys on the field, not sitting so maybe one day they can play.

I don't agree exactly, just telling it like it is.

IndyColtScout
03-18-2008, 11:41 AM
so they just let the team lose some picks and get a QB that isnt even a top5 talent?
makes no sense to me.
i dont get ur point with the economics either. Isnt it better to pay a QB #3 money then #1 money?
Dorsey wont drop past the Saints and the Bengals...

so a next years first round pick is worth 35 points??? ridiculous...

Its a trade for the #1 pick. Its not about 35 points. Everyone seriously needs to go back and look at the Eli trade.

Anytime you trade up to the #1 pick for a QB, you have to give up an arm and a leg. Sorry.

Crazy_Chris
03-18-2008, 11:42 AM
It could make him fall but your stretching it when you say he might not go top 20. The Bengals, Saints, Broncos, Panthers, and Lions will all be VERY interested in Dorsey if he falls. Frankly I don't see him getting past the Saints at #10.

Gay Ork Wang
03-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Matt Ryan is not half the prospect Eli was

regoob2
03-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Both the Cowboys and Falcons would be complete morons to even consider those trades. A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. top move up 2 spots to take Ryan. No way peter pan, count chocula.

IndyColtScout
03-18-2008, 11:46 AM
This is totally seperate issue on Dorsey but he is my reasoning... I have Ellis #1 DT because of Dorsey's injury issues. Well problem is Ellis is falling. He had a good senior bowl, but everyone is left scratching their heads because Ellis numbers says he isn't as explosive as his on the field talent suggest.

I have Ellis falling to NO at #10. CIN pick Mendenhall at #9 so take them out. DEN is a legit team to pick Dorsey, but I have them picking Clady at #12. After that, I don't see a legit team that wants to deal with the possibility of Dorsey injury besides CHI, who I have passing in favor of another player. I actually have TB picking Dorsey @ #20.

roidrunner
03-18-2008, 11:47 AM
i think a major possibility for a trade will be GB trading out of the first round and trading into the second round. We like to stock pile picks.

BeerBaron
03-18-2008, 11:50 AM
ugh...since we're on the topic of trades, ive got one that wrenches my guts to think about as a bears fan....

the bears send the 14th pick, one of their 3rd rounders and a 4th rounder to the pats for the 7th pick. the bears get ahead of the ravens and take.....ugh.....god......matt ryan. the numbers in terms of trade value match up with those picks

as much as i absolutely hate it, i cant deny the potential for it. the pats get a few free picks, take the best CB available at 14 and the bears get a.....ugh.....i hate calling him this but......a 'franchise' quarterback in ryan.

there are rumors that bears GM jerry angelo personally attended a few BC games this past year and now, i can grasp why......i hate the prospect of it, but i cant deny it as a distinct possiblity....

so if you want to bet on a trade.....keep that one in mind. even if i have to waste the next 3-4 years of my life watching matt ryan bust badly. hes terrible......

roidrunner
03-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Cade McCown version 2.0???

BeerBaron
03-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Cade McCown version 2.0???

*pout*....*snivel*....

mmm hmm

roidrunner
03-18-2008, 11:55 AM
hopefully him going to the chiefs happens then. then you guys can get my boy Brohm.

BeerBaron
03-18-2008, 11:56 AM
hopefully him going to the chiefs happens then. then you guys can get my boy Brohm.

only in the 2nd round would i take brohm. i just dont think he has the superstar potential to justify him going in the first at 14. he looks to me like a pretty good future QB but the first round is for potential studs.....

now if it goes like scotts mock and we end up with williams and brohm....then hey, thats fantastic

georgiafan
03-18-2008, 12:30 PM
I see no reason why the falcons would trade up to #1 with OT,DT and CB all being major needs.

falconsrule
03-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Long I could see, but Dorsey is not going top 5. Dorsery won't go top 10, maybe top 20. Dorsey is this years Aaron Rodgers/Brady Quinn except he isn't a QB. However Glenn is going to be sitting in that green room.

However, back to Ryan. I think ATL trades up for Ryan because of economics (paying a LT #3 money is ok though) and buzz for the city of ATL. Even if Long is picked, I doubt many will care if he is protecting Redman or Harrington.

The people of ATL need something to motivate them to go see the Falcons. I'm sorry but the addition of Burner and J. Long isn't enough to me. Ryan and Burner would generate huge buzz, because these are the two most important positions on offense.

I had to laugh at this post....Matt Ryan would generate a huge buzz ha ha......dude the majority of the city is hoping that we dont select Ryan with the 3rd pick let alone trading up to the #1 spot and taking him there....Trust me the opposite will happen if we give up all those picks for a unproven QB alot of fans will not support this team.

georgiafan
03-18-2008, 01:02 PM
I had to laugh at this post....Matt Ryan would generate a huge buzz ha ha......dude the majority of the city is hoping that we dont select Ryan with the 3rd pick let alone trading up to the #1 spot and taking him there....Trust me the opposite will happen if we give up all those picks for a unproven QB alot of fans will not support this team.

I have alot of friends that are also falcons fan and none of them even want Matt Ryan to be the pick at #3. If they traded up to #1 to get him the fans would be outraged similar to what happen when the dolphins passed on Quinn last year. The only way I think fans will even settle for Ryan is if Jake Long is off the board and Dorsey's injury problem don't go away.

Flyboy
03-18-2008, 02:25 PM
I fully expect the Saints to try to trade up with Baltimore to land Ellis or Dorsey, granted, one is still available.

ThePudge
03-18-2008, 02:40 PM
New England trades 1st Round Pick (7th Overall) to Carolina for 1st Round Pick (13th Overall), 3rd Round Pick (74th Overall) and 2009 3rd Round Pick.

Carolina selects (7): Ryan Clady - OT - Boise State
New England selects (13): Aqib Talib - CB - Kansas
New England selects (74): Donnie Avery - WR - Houston

Buffalo trades 1st Round Pick (11th Overall), 4th Round Pick (109th Overall), to Dallas for 1st Round Pick (22nd Overall), 3rd Round Pick (92nd Overall), and 2009 1st Round Pick.

Dallas selects (11): Rashard Mendenhall - RB - Illinois
Buffalo selects (22): Devin Thomas - WR - Michigan State
Buffalo selects (92): Xavier Adibi - OLB - Virginia Tech

Kansas City trades 2nd Round Pick (35th Overall) and 3rd Round Pick (66th Overall) to Seattle for 1st Round Pick (25th Overall), 4th Round Pick (124th Overall) and 2009 3rd Round Pick.

Kansas City selects (25): Jeff Otah - OT - Pittsburgh
Seattle selects (35): Chilo Rachal - OG - USC
-Seattle trades 66th pick*

Seattle trades 3rd Round Pick (66th Overall), 5th Round Pick (161st Overall), and 2009 5th Round Pick), to Green Bay for 2nd Round Pick (60th Overall)

Seattle selects (60): Trevor Laws - DT - Notre Dame
Green Bay selects (66): Jeremy Thompson - DE - Wake Forest

Minnesota trades 3rd Round Pick (73rd Overall) and 2009 3rd Round Pick to Dallas for 2nd Round Pick (61st Overall)

Minnesota selects (61): Martellus Bennett - TE - Texas A&M
Dallas selects (73): Jerome Simpson - WR - Coastal Carolina

....Just some of my favorites from my recent Mock Draft

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19603

diabsoule
03-18-2008, 02:42 PM
I fully expect the Saints to try to trade up with Baltimore to land Ellis or Dorsey, granted, one is still available.

I do too. I also expect them field trade offers to move down if Ellis, Dorsey, Rivers, and McKelvin are gone.

Iamcanadian
03-18-2008, 02:43 PM

Trade #1:
MIA trades the #1 pick to ATL for the right to the #3 pick, ATL's 2nd round pick & 3rd round pick, and ATL's 2009 1st round pick (chances go up even more if Hall is traded to OAK giving ATL another 2nd round pick)

STL draft Gholston.

I donít think there is any way that ATL can go another season with Harrington or Redman as the QB. This team needs to bring excitement to the club, something that can sell tickets. Trading up to draft Ryan will do just that. If they can get the contract done, I think he could start early for this team. They will probably run heavy at first with Burner and Norwood giving Ryan time to adjust. To me this move just makes sense, and with owner Arthur Blank being a savvy businessman I think he will want to bring some excitement to this club. Also I want to point out the recent trend of QBís going #1. Itís not coincidence. Teams really find the QB position to be one of very few to be worth paying what is now considered #1 money. Matt Ryan's pro day is today, and I am predicting an Alex Smith workout.

Trade #2:

I think DAL is going to keep Marion Barber. However, I think Jerry wants to add some more firepower for Romo. Well, McFadden is Jerryís guy. It a smart move for the Raiders too because they already have some pretty good RBís on the team so to pick DMC at #4 really doesn't make a ton of sense for OAK, (unless Jordan and Rhodes are both getting cut). Getting these extra picks will help fill holes.

Those are the only two trades I am seeing right now. Of course when draft day is here it may be a little easier to read the board. Anyone else got predictions?

Trade downs are possible but Miami won't be able to trade down very easily to Atlanta. If they approach Atlanta about trading up for Ryan, it means they aren't interested in Ryan themselves and why then would Atlant trade up to get him when he'll still be there at 3.

There is no way Jones will pay that price in picks to move up to #4. He's no fool. Two 1st rounders and some throw in players like Carpenter etc., but he'll never give up all those picks.

ThePudge
03-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Trade downs are possible but Miami won't be able to trade down very easily to Atlanta. If they approach Atlanta about trading up for Ryan, it means they aren't interested in Ryan themselves and why then would Atlant trade up to get him when he'll still be there at 3.

There is no way Jones will pay that price in picks to move up to #4. He's no fool. Two 1st rounders and some throw in players like Carpenter etc., but he'll never give up all those picks.

Exactly, plus, I can't see Al Davis being too interested in trading down that far. Especially if McFadden or Gholston is available at #4.

Iamcanadian
03-18-2008, 02:48 PM
I have alot of friends that are also falcons fan and none of them even want Matt Ryan to be the pick at #3. If they traded up to #1 to get him the fans would be outraged similar to what happen when the dolphins passed on Quinn last year. The only way I think fans will even settle for Ryan is if Jake Long is off the board and Dorsey's injury problem don't go away.

Something like when Philly drafted McNabb and all their fans had a fit on TV. Of course McNabb turned out to be a great pick, so just maybe fans haven't a clue about whose worth drafting where.

toonsterwu
03-18-2008, 02:50 PM
It's awful early, but I don't see a top 5 trade happening this year, and if McFadden is at 6, I don't see the Jets trading. My guess on a top 10 trade is probably the obvious one - Carolina moves up to number 7 or 8 and nabs Ryan Clady by leveraging the 3rd they picked up from the Jets (and perhaps another pick if they move into New England's slot).

Iamcanadian
03-18-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm not a DAL fan, but I would be pretty excited for Romo to have Barber and McFadden helping as well as TO, Witten, Glenn, and Crayton. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Let's see, their OL is aging quickly along with TO and Glenn and if they cannot give Romo some protection, what good is all those skill players.

03-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Yes, I would agree although I would love to see it happen the value for the #4 pick is a bit much. One too many picks I see there.

georgiafan
03-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Something like when Philly drafted McNabb and all their fans had a fit on TV. Of course McNabb turned out to be a great pick, so just maybe fans haven't a clue about whose worth drafting where.

That may be true, but fans were really hurt with the loss Vick and the showed up last year with several home games being blacked out. The losses this offseason to Hall, Dunn, Crumpler and maybe Brooking could make the situation even worse. I know you don't make a pick based on what the fans say that would be crazy. But if the traded up and lost key draft picks for a player nobody wants the fans may not ever be back. I just hope the only reason for drafting Ryan isn't just because we don't have a franchise QB on the roster. That's like painting the porch while the foundation is falling in.

Iamcanadian
03-18-2008, 03:00 PM
The one trade I see possible in the top 10 is NE trying to get ahead of the Jets. Both teams covet the same players on defense and NE may try to insure the Jets don't screw them.
I don't think it is likely but if Miami passes on Ryan, Baltimore may make an effort to trade up to secure Ryan ahead of Atlanta and Kansas City. Everybody is assuming that Ryan is overrated something like when McNabb was drafted #2 by Philly, but what if Mayock is right and Ryan is the real deal, then a lot of senerios can take place around securing him should Miami pass on Ryan.

Iamcanadian
03-18-2008, 03:02 PM
That may be true, but fans were really hurt with the loss Vick and the showed up last year with several home games being blacked out. The losses this offseason to Hall, Dunn, Crumpler and maybe Brooking could make the situation even worse. I know you don't make a pick based on what the fans say, but if the traded up and lost key draft picks for a player nobody wants the fans may not ever be back. I just hope the only reason for drafting Ryan isn't just because we don't have a franchise QB on the roster. That's like painting the porch while the foundation is falling in.

Well, as I have already posted, I doubt Atlanta trades up for Ryan with Miami. If Miami is willing to trade with Atlanta then it is pretty obvious that they don't want Ryan, so he will still be there at #3 without a trade.

toonsterwu
03-18-2008, 03:04 PM
That may be true, but fans were really hurt with the loss Vick and the showed up last year with several home games being blacked out. The losses this offseason to Hall, Dunn, Crumpler and maybe Brooking could make the situation even worse. I know you don't make a pick based on what the fans say that would be crazy. But if the traded up and lost key draft picks for a player nobody wants the fans may not ever be back. I just hope the only reason for drafting Ryan isn't just because we don't have a franchise QB on the roster. That's like painting the porch while the foundation is falling in.

I have to say, that's an odd analogy. While solid teams have been built around game managing QB's, the easiest way to build a good team/organization has been always to find a franchise QB first.

If the Falcons draft Ryan, it'll be because

a) First and foremost, they believe he's a franchise QB.

but also

b) The OT class depth and their 3 2nd rounders can fill the gaps.
c) They believe they can nab DT fit later on.

Long way to go and a lot of mixed signals being sent out.

FizzyFalcons
03-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Trade #1:

I feel like ATL would be more likely to trade DOWN to get Matt Ryan rather than up. They dont love the guy. Nobody does except maybe the Ravens at 8

Flyboy
03-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I do too. I also expect them field trade offers to move down if Ellis, Dorsey, Rivers, and McKelvin are gone.

Yeah, and if we can't trade down then we'll just take the BOPA on our board. I'm calling it down. The Saints will trade with Baltimore to land one of the DTs to screw Cincy.

SaintsFanForLife
03-18-2008, 03:37 PM

I agree if they are not there we need to trade down and get more picks.

Flyboy
03-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I agree if they are not there we need to trade down and get more picks.

I like how people mention trading down like it's extremely easy.

Saints: "Hey, Team B, wanna trade down with us?"
Team B: "Sure!"

:confused:

brat316
03-18-2008, 03:44 PM
The only teams that can trade into the top 5 or top 10 are teams with money, think about the amount you have to pay a top 5 player. Dallas is not going to move up to grab D-mac, unless he drops to 11 or 10. Most of the teams with money to spend are in the top 10, except a team or two, and maybe not Oakland anymore. After they handed out contracts like it was charity work.

initial_flo
03-18-2008, 03:50 PM

Trade #1:

STL draft Gholston.

Trade #2:

I think the NFL is finally over giving away the farm for a prospect. I don't think the talent up top is overwhelmingly that great either.

Quagmire
03-18-2008, 03:59 PM

Trade #1:

STL draft Gholston.

Trade #2:

As a Miami fan, I would have already made that trade and ran on foot to have the paperwork signed. That would be complete robbery for the Dolphins. You have to understand that while the chart says one thing, the economics of the pick say another. I am not saying Atlanta will not trade up (though I think the chances are slim to none), it just will not be for that much. As a Miami fan, if ATL offered me their #3 pick along with their 3rd and 5th rounders, I would do it. Chart or no chart. They get one of the Longs or Gholston with the pick and still get a couple of other choices to add depth to their team. Plus, they save about 10-15 million in bonus money pd to the pick.... In the end, I think Miami is stuck at #1 and Atlanta gets Ryan at #3 and keeps their boatload of picks they have to rebuild with.......

toonsterwu
03-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I feel like ATL would be more likely to trade DOWN to get Matt Ryan rather than up. They dont love the guy. Nobody does except maybe the Ravens at 8

I think a lot more people love Ryan than message board folks think. Whether or not he gets drafted high (top 5) comes down to basically 2 teams decision making (with the Chiefs as a darkhorse).

IndyColtScout
03-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Keep this in mind guys... Lets say Matt Ryan has an Alex Smith pro day and vaults himself to the #1 prospect.

Miami could theoretically pick him #1, hold on to him for a few minutes, and wait for someone they know wants Ryans to throw them a good deal. Not saying it will happen, but it is a hypothetically possible situation.

That is why I keep bringing up Eli. The Dolphins might be happy with picking Ryan, or they might be trying to leverage a deal to get more picks. Someone might fall in love with Ryan (like ATL hypothetically) and if MIA takes Ryan #1 overall, ATL has no choice but to throw the boat at MIA. It's not that hard of a theory to understand.

brat316
03-18-2008, 04:35 PM
dude wats with your name

IndyColtScout
03-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Even though I am not employed by the organization, I'de like to think of myself as an Indy Colt Scout. That is if you are talking to me.

DraftKidWonder
03-18-2008, 04:39 PM
The trades I see is:
1. Cindy trades up to #6 to get S. Ellis cause I think Dorsey is gone at 5. Jets get Rivers at 9 since both corners will be gone at 7 and 8.

2. Carolina trades up to 10 to get Chris Williams. Williams over Clady? I don't like it but those are just one I those draft day; team loves this guy pick. New Orleans goes down to 13 because Rivers and both DTs off the board so they go down to 13 and get a playmaker in Mike Jenkins.

3. Patriots trade to anyone and stockpile picks.

toonsterwu
03-18-2008, 04:42 PM
If I had to guess a random darkhorse trade that could really shake things up, I'd guess the Eagles packaging Lito Sheppard with their first to try and move into the top 10 to nab an OT. That said, a lot of things would have to happen for that to occur.

nikkayeah
03-18-2008, 04:46 PM
sf is gonna trade their 7th round pick to the miami dolphins for the 1st overall and 32nd overall picks. they might throw in jonas jennings too

brat316
03-18-2008, 04:47 PM
I see the Browns trading picks like next years 2nd and this years 5th or 4th to get into the third or second round.

toonsterwu
03-18-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm curious what the Browns motivation would be. Not impossible, considering the lack of picks. I guess there is one possibility, and that is going after a young RB (and they are supposedly high on Forte). But RB's can be found.

pete_norm
03-19-2008, 08:25 AM
With the problems the Vikings have at DE :

- Udeze out for the year with leukemia

- There was a news today that said they're not sure Erasmus James will ever play again
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3122

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings try to trade up to be sure to land one of the top 3-4 DE in the draft.

metafour
03-19-2008, 09:14 AM
No offense, but that ATL trade is horrendous. They have so many top picks this year that they can essentially jump-start their entire franchise with a successful draft. Why would they mortgage all of that to trade up for a guy who at this point is probably going to be available at their original pick anyway? As of right now no one expects either Miami or St.Louis to take Ryan, and for good reasons. As for your "points" argument: the draft value chart is a guide more than anything. Why would a 35 point difference make ATL need to throw in their 1st round pick next year which will undoubtedly be a Top 10 pick as well...that is just the stupidest logic I have seen.

Number 10
03-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Your Dallas trade is a travesty...no way would it happen especially considering the depth at RB in this draft.

Look for the Giants to trade up for a DB...they went hard after Hall and Trufant already this offseason...wouldn't be surprised to see them shop theirt 1st and 2nd for a Reggie Smith, Leodis McKelvin.

MetSox17
03-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Your Dallas trade is a travesty...no way would it happen especially considering the depth at RB in this draft.

Look for the Giants to trade up for a DB...they went hard after Hall and Trufant already this offseason...wouldn't be surprised to see them shop theirt 1st and 2nd for a Reggie Smith, Leodis McKelvin.

I agree, there's just no way in hell that the cowboys agree to that trade.
Jerry learned his lesson when he traded away two first round picks for
Joey Galloway. I for one, don't think that you can put 3 1st round picks, a 2nd and a 3rd for ONE player.
That's just ridiculous. You can have 3, 4 starters at least from three years down the line from all of that.

Number 10
03-19-2008, 09:42 AM
I agree, there's just no way in hell that the cowboys agree to that trade.
Jerry learned his lesson when he traded away two first round picks for
Joey Galloway. I for one, don't think that you can put 3 1st round picks, a 2nd and a 3rd for ONE player.
That's just ridiculous. You can have 3, 4 starters at least from three years down the line from all of that.

For a once in a lifetime QB I could see it...but even then it would be too much ib my eyes. But for a RB? Ugh.

The Saints trade for Ricky Williams was terrible, but that is nothing compared to the three 1sts, a 2nd and 3rd. McFadden is far from a sure thing at RB with his chicken legs and non-NFL-friendly running style. I'd question Jones giving up anything more than his 2 1st rounders for McFadden.

BamaFalcon59
03-19-2008, 09:55 AM

Trade #1:

STL draft Gholston.

You are completely and utterly insane.

Addict
03-19-2008, 09:57 AM
You are completely and utterly insane.

word for word.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-19-2008, 09:59 AM
There is no shot in hell we make that trade. Why would a team rebuilding give up all the picks it needs to rebuild? This is beyond me thinking Matt Ryan isn't a franchise QB. That moves just flat out stupid.

ThePudge
03-19-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm curious what the Browns motivation would be. Not impossible, considering the lack of picks. I guess there is one possibility, and that is going after a young RB (and they are supposedly high on Forte). But RB's can be found.

Another guy to watch would be Shawn Crable, yet they wouldn't have to move up to the 2nd or 3rd for him, they would probably be fine moving up 10-15 spots or so and grabbing him. Crable would give them a capable 3-4 OLB opposite Wimbley and further improve their front seven.

To move from say 120 (give or take a couple spots) to 108 or so (once again give or take a couple spots would cost them only a 6th Round Pick (maybe a 7th as well) in addition to their 4th.

I don't think the Browns have any problem with targetting a late round RB. Jalen Parmele's a guy I'd watch, Cory Boyd in the 5th, Thomas Brown in the 4th/5th.

Not sure if or when they'll go CB in this year's draft. They may take the gameble that Wright and McDonald are ready to be 1-2 corners.

georgiafan
03-19-2008, 10:22 AM
There is no shot in hell we make that trade. Why would a team rebuilding give up all the picks it needs to rebuild? This is beyond me thinking Matt Ryan isn't a franchise QB. That moves just flat out stupid.

Not to mention trading all that just to move up two spots when the rams aren't going to take Matt Ryan. If the Dolphins wanted Ryan they wouldn't be looking to trade down. I would also hate to give up Hall and Schaub just to move up two spots in the draft. If atlanta makes that trade and Ryan is a bust just think of how far it sets back the franchise.

GermanSaint
03-19-2008, 10:42 AM
1. PATRIOTS trade the #7 pick to the SAINTS for their #10 pick and 3rd round pick.

SAINTS select: Glenn Dorsey/Sedrick Ellis

most realistic trade for the saints. they love to get up 2-3 spots to get the better value, loomis is a bpa picker , and when he see guys falling he pull the trigger.

great understatement

aheineken
03-19-2008, 11:50 AM
All the big decision makers in the Chiefs' organization were at Matt Ryan's proday. If Miami passes on Ryan, I could see them making a trade with St. Louis to get ahead of Atlanta. I could also see Baltimore swapping picks with Oakland to get ahead of KC Ryan is still there at #4.

CARDIAC CAT 7
03-19-2008, 12:03 PM

Matt Ryan will most likley be their for Kansas City, if Jake is gone they should take him. Then I think Brohm is going to Minny, one of their scouts at the combine said something like how he was a Top 5 Pick last year and now a fringe 1st Round Pick this year , and said he didn't understand it.

Bengals1690
03-19-2008, 01:58 PM
neither of these trades will happen, and for the 1,000,000th time, the bengals will not draft rashard mendenhall.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-19-2008, 02:15 PM
the cowboys rectum will never be the original size ever again.

BigRed
03-19-2008, 03:24 PM
If Dorsey makes it past NO, then i could see tampa trying to make a move for him

LonghornsLegend
03-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Don't thank me, thank the draft value chart. Those were the only trades that work with the chart, and on top of that mostly all top 10 pick trades include future 1st round picks especially when trading for a QB #1. I am using the Eli trade here pretty much.

As for DAL, they don't have a lot of pressing needs so they could sacrifice the extra picks for a shot at a difference maker.

What draft value chart are you using? If he fell to the 6th spot we would only have 2 give up our two 1st, why in the hell would we give up another 1st along with a 2nd and 3rd to get him two spots earlier? The 6th spot and the 4th spot is not worth a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pick.

I thought you were joking when you made this post because I got a good laugh out of it, at least I hope you werent serious.