PDA

View Full Version : TimDris' 3/19 Two Round Mock

TimD
03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
----------------------------- Round 1 -----------------------------

1. Miami Dolphins – Chris Long DE/OLB Virginia
Even though Jason Taylor said he is going to stay in Miami, they still need to address this position. Parcells takes the hard working Long to build his defense around.

2. St. Louis Rams – Vernon Gholston DE/OLB Ohio State
After an impressive performance at the combine and his pro day, the Rams draft him, and he is a perfect fit in their hybird defense.

3. Atlanta Falcons – Jake Long OT Michigan
They take the #1 person on their board. Whoever is the QB next year his bling side will be protected.

4. Oakland Raiders – Sedrick Ellis DT USC
Lane Kiffen is able to have some say and take Ellis who is the perfect fit in their DL next to Tommy Kelly. Their defense is built around speed now they have someone with speed on the DL, but who can also create havoc and stop the run.

5. Kansas City Chiefs – Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
KC has multiple positions they would like to address, but they want to take someone with value. Since there are no clear cut top 5 talent OL or CB on the board they take a future anchor of their defense.

6. New York Jets – Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
Right now this seems to be the pick. McFadden was working out with the Jets today. McFadden, Jones, Washington, and Chatman create a talented rotation and they will help carry Clemens running behind the OL, Richardson, and Franks.

7. New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers) – Keith Rivers LB USC
Instead of reaching on a CB that doesn't fit their system they take the best defensive player available.

8. Baltimore Ravens – Matt Ryan QB Boston College
Wow. Ravens fans everywhere smile. Troy Smith does not. If he falls to them and he very well might, they snatch him up.

9. Cincinnati Bengals – Ryan Clady OT Boise State
Without having a DT or LB on the board they upgrade their aging OL.

10. New Orleans Saints – Leodis McKelvin CB Troy
Rivers and the DTs are gone so they take the play making DB. He will compete with Bush for the returning duties too.

11. Buffalo Bills – Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State
Although WR is a need they need to find someone to replace Clements. Now when going against the talented Pats receivers twice a year, they can feel confident.

12. Denver Broncos – Limas Sweed WR Texas
Javon Walker went and took the big money in Oakland, but the Broncos are okay with that because this talented playmaker falls to them.

13. Carolina Panthers – Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
No DT on the board is deserving of a top 15 pick so they get some protection for their oft-injured QB and young RB.

14. Chicago Bears – Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt
Look for them to address QB in the second round. Whoever that is will get some protection.

15. Detroit Lions – Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
Their weakest position now becomes their strongest in FA so they can stop worrying about CB and take this power back to carry the offense.

16. Arizona Cardinals – Aqib Talib CB Kansas
This pick is between Stewart and a DB. Talib is the pick.

17. Minnesota Vikings – Derrick Harvery DE Florida
The talented Harvey falls to them and they have another great first round for the 2nd year in a row.

18. Houston Texans – Jonathon Stewart RB Oregon
The surgery may worry them but they know that he is the future. Schaub, Stewart, and Johnson will create a very powerful offense.

19. Philadelphia Eagles – Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
This big WR will be the perfect guy for McNabb or Kolb. Kelly, Brown, and Curtis are going to be a very nice WR trio.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – DeSean Jackson WR California
Although Kentwan Balmer may be tempting, Chucky needs to get a playmaker to this offense and Jackson will also help the return game.

21. Washington Redskins – Philip Merling DE Clemson
Andre Carter needs someone on the other side and the 35 year old Daniels is not the answer. While they may want to reach on Devin Thomas, Merling is too good to pass up, even with the impending surgery.

22. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns) – Felix Jones RB Arkansas
Jerry Jones got his RB to compliment Marion Barber. The Jones and Barber Combo will be better than last year's Jones and Barber Combo.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers – Branden Albert OG Virginia
The versatile OL will help get Big Ben some protection.

24. Tennessee Titans – Lawrence Jackson DE USC
Two solid DEs left in FA so they need to address that position. Look for WR in round 2.

25. Seattle Seahawks – Dustin Keller TE Purdue
Its no secret that TE is a big need. Now who is it going to be? Keller or Davis? Keller's ability to stretch the field gives him the edge.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars – Kentwan Balmer DT North Carolina
Losing Stroud leaves a hole in a position that was always solid. Balmer and Henderson become a dangerous interior DL duo.

27. San Diego Chargers – Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
Reggie Smith would give them versatility, but Jenkins is too talented to have another DB be taken before him at this point.

28. Dallas Cowboys – Reggie Smith DB Oklahoma
Reeves leaves. Roy Williams is a liability in the passing game. Smith comes in and helps out the secondary.

29. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts) – Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College
They can now move Staley over to RT and now they have 2 young OT to build their OL around. Gore, Foster, and whoever their QB is next year will be very happy.

30. Green Bay Packers – Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech
A bit of a reach but they need to bring some depth and youth in to the secondary.

New England Patriots - Forfeited as penalty for cheating
cheaters..

31. New York Giants – Kenny Philips S Miami
While Conner may be the pick, only having Sammy Knight will make them realize they need safeties bad.

----------------------------- Round 2 -----------------------------

32. Dolphins - Sam Baker OT USC
33. Rams - Devin Thomas WR Michigan State
34. Falcons - Brian Brohm QB Louisville
35. Chiefs - Carl Nicks OT Nebraska
36. Jets - Quentin Groves OLB/DE Auburn
37. Falcons - Dre Moore DT Maryland
38. Ravens - Tracy Porter CB Indiana
39. 49ers - Malcolm Kelly WR Indiana
40. Saints - Dan Conner LB Penn State
41. Bills - Mario Manningham WR Michigan
42. Broncos - Chilo Rachal OL USC
43. Panthers - DaJuan Morgan S North Carolina St.
44. Bears - Joe Flacco QB Delaware
45. Lions - Jared Mayo LB Tennessee
46. Bengals - Pat Simms DT Auburn
47. Vikings - Trevor Laws DT Notre Dame
48. Falcons - Charles Godfrey CB Iowa
49. Eagles - Erin Henderson LB Maryland
50. Cardinals - Chris Johnson RB ECU
51. Redskins - Early Doucet WR LSU
52. Buccaneers - Red Bryant DT Texas A&M
53. Steelers - Antoine Cason CB Arizona
54. Titans - Andre Caldwell WR Florida
55. Seahawks - Ray Rice RB Rutgers
56. Packers - Thomas DeCoud S California
57. Dolphins - Patrick Lee CB Auburn
58. Jaguars - Calais Campbell DE Miami
59. Colts - Philip Wheeler LB Georgia Tech
60. Packers - Heath Benedict OT NewBerry
61. Cowboys - Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt
62. Patriots - Cliff Avril LB Purdue
63. Giants - Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbilt

criticism always welcome

Finsfan79
03-19-2008, 02:00 PM
1. Miami Dolphins – Chris Long DE/OLB Virginia
Even though Jason Taylor said he is going to stay in Miami, they still need to address this position. Parcells takes the hard working Long to build his defense around.

he doesnt look much like a 3-4 OLB where Gholston does. At the same time he doesnt project as well as Gholston does at that position either. Not to mention it is a position of Strength not a position of need.

T-RICH49
03-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Now that's a nice KC draft

TimD
03-19-2008, 02:06 PM
1. Miami Dolphins Chris Long DE/OLB Virginia

he doesnt look much like a 3-4 OLB where Gholston does. At the same time he doesnt project as well as Gholston does at that position either. Not to mention it is a position of Strength not a position of need.

I was torn between him, Gholston, and the other Long, but in the end I feel they'll take Chris Long. Call it a hunch, but I think that's who will be the 1st pick. Then again its still March so things my change.

skinzzfan25
03-19-2008, 02:09 PM
The first round pick is alright, I like Merling.

But in the second, I'd much rather take Cason because of his value. I don't like Doucet that much.

BeerBaron
03-19-2008, 02:11 PM
perfect bears first round pick and acceptable bears 2nd rounder. thank got it didnt have to be henne...

SaintsFanForLife
03-19-2008, 02:33 PM
That Saints draft would be perfect. Love it +rep. Hope it happens.

vidae
03-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Good KC draft. I hope it works out something like that.

fed36
03-19-2008, 02:43 PM
For the skins - I love the first pick.

Second i am not that crazy about - I would rather go with OG Roy Schuening in the second

If we do pick a WR i would go with James Hardy over Doucet, but I believe you meant to give Hardy to whomever picked Malcolm Kelly in the second round (I forget who it was)

But you have Kelly going in the first round and then again in the second

OSUGiants17
03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
LOVE the first round pick, but I would preffer Curtis Lofton of Oklahoma in round 2.

Rjspartan
03-19-2008, 03:29 PM
the fonts hurt my eyes!

BigBlueCrew56
03-19-2008, 03:30 PM
I was torn between him, Gholston, and the other Long, but in the end I feel they'll take Chris Long. Call it a hunch, but I think that's who will be the 1st pick. Then again its still March so things my change.

Not only is Jason Taylor still on the roster but dont forget about Joey Porter on the other side. Position of strengh not need was very well said. Now when you look at the offensive line. There is only Vernon Carey to speak of. The Dolphins may draft about 3 offensive lineman in this draft easy.

LT?????? LG ?????? C Samson Satele RG Justin Smiley RT Vernon Carey

Bench: Drew Mormino, Trey Darilek, Cory Lekkerrkker.

Looking at that offensive line and tell me how do you pass on Jake Long with the #1 pick. Deep offensive line draft??? Clady,Otah,Williams, and Cherilus may all be gone by the 1st pick in the second. In the second you have guys like Baker,Collins, and Nicks but are you really going to count on these lesser tier prospects to start and protect a young QB over the #2 overall player in this draft in Jake Long????? These are very good questions to ask yourself.

Dolphins 3-4 OLB Situation as it stands today

OLB Jason Taylor
OLB Joey Porter
OLB Quentin Moses
OLB Reggie Torbor
OLB Abraham Wright
DE/OLB Matt Roth (Listed at 6'3 272 *much like a guy named Chris Long)

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Great Raven draft. Addressed to big needs. Well done and keep it up.

TimD
03-19-2008, 04:12 PM
good point. good to know for my futures mocks.

Jakey
03-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Nice Steelers picks...but i have a feeling that if Justin King is still on the board in round 2, they will take him.

msealy2
03-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Very good Vikings draft. Harvey is the perfect pick and Laws gives us some needed depth on the d-line.

BaLLiN
03-19-2008, 04:40 PM
giants first is good, second dont much about, if lofton is available hed be a better pick in the 2nd

thebow305
03-19-2008, 04:42 PM
very nice phins mock.... i would prefer Carl Nicks or Devin Thomas over Sam Baker and Justin King over Patrick Lee though.

Thunder&Lightning
03-19-2008, 05:15 PM
unique sf pick i like it.

Go_Eagles77
03-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Good first pick for the eagles but OT may be a bigger need in round 2.

Finsfan79
03-19-2008, 06:03 PM

no problem I understand the pick alot of folks feel since there is a connection from grove to an assistant coach that was with Parcells means we would take Grove's kid (parcells has links everywhere though so that one seems a little weird). But I understand the pick as he is the "safe pick" but a number 1 pick should be the biggest need/best player adn imo that is Jake not chris :)

But I totally understand the reasoning a few dolphin fans feel so too :)

boogeydown
03-19-2008, 06:08 PM
I like it for Dallas.

KCJ58
03-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Love the Rams draft

hugegmenfan
03-19-2008, 07:29 PM
very good 1st round pick for the giants, 2nd round is ok, but i think its bad value. i love goff- i saw him at the senior bowl and fell in love with the guy, but hes a 3rd rounder. lofton is the better pick

cordscords
03-20-2008, 01:00 AM
What I would have done for these 2 teams:

Packers- Antoine Cason, Calias Campbell, Martellus Bennett

Bills- Limas Sweed, Brandon Flowers

Obviously I'm assuming Flowers would fall past the Ravens.

Yatta!
03-20-2008, 06:57 AM
What I would have done for these 2 teams:

Packers- Antoine Cason, Calias Campbell, Martellus Bennett

Agree. Cason would be a much better Packers pick than Flowers. Flowers has character questions and lacks size our CBs usually have. I like the Benedict pick though.

Matthew Jones
03-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Nice Patriots draft!

indyfan1985
03-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Bad pick for the Colts. If you're gonna give them a LB, give them Tavares Gooden. They probably wont go LB with their 2nd rounder though. They will probably take the BPA between OG Chilo Rachal, DT Pat Sims, and DT Dre Moore.

eaglesalltheway
03-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Nice first round pick for the Eagles, but Kenny Phillips would be the better choice, as Safety is just as big of a need as WR. As for the second round, LB is too early for the Eagles. We need depth, and have a history of undervaluinf LBs, so LB will not be addressed until later in the draft, probalby 5th or later. I would go with an OT or Safety here to go with your pick, but WR or OT if Phillips would be the choice.

gdamac
03-20-2008, 12:55 PM
I disagree with the Raiders pick. Tommy Kelly should be playing the 3T, he can play nose but is best at the 3, so that would mean one of them would be out of position. I think it's either Dmac or Gholston.

nemesis3394
03-20-2008, 02:05 PM
no on the second for the vikes
an ot would be better here

thefridge15
03-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Perfect picks for the Vikes

We get our pass rushing DE, and our 3rd down DT

I was waiting for someone to give us this combo

d34ng3l021
03-21-2008, 01:26 PM
perfect falcons mock.

proshoota25
03-23-2008, 07:53 PM
love the patriots picks..... but instead of avril at the point, id rather take lofton