PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Ore kicked off team

foozball
03-19-2008, 03:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3301997

Don Vito
03-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Good news for the rest of the ACC, but Tech has some other talented guys inculding freshman Ryan Williams. Ore is a pretty good back but he has had a bunch of issues lately, I wonder if he is a supplemental draft possibility.

toonsterwu
03-19-2008, 03:45 PM
It's about time they started getting their house in order a bit over there, with all the rumors, talks, and issues that have floated around a bit. That said, next year was, in many respects, a rebuilding year for the Hokies anyways, and getting Ryan Williams in there earlier may help set up 2009-2010 for them.

As for Ore, I'd guess supplemental, but if the issues are the ones that were rumored a couple months back, I could see teams passing. At best, maybe a 5th-7th supplemental pick.

etk
03-19-2008, 04:55 PM
With the offseasons that VT and Virginia had I'll be pissed if we don't get to ACC championship game. Could UNC possibly do it as well :O

neko4
03-19-2008, 05:25 PM
My school's RB is going to Tech, 3 stars, 4.38 40

BaLLiN
03-19-2008, 05:35 PM
can he go to another school next year and play immediately?

vatech=accdomination
03-19-2008, 05:41 PM
people are downgrading how bad he was last year. After 4 workouts he had not either showed up/or not even got a above average rating. Better off without him the way he played last year minus UVa and the Orange Bowl.

neko4
03-19-2008, 05:58 PM
can he go to another school next year and play immediately?
D3 or D2 i believe. maybe he'll go to chris newport, which is right down the road from his hometown

TheMikey10
03-19-2008, 06:21 PM
What about the supplemental draft? he has to be just as good a prospect as tony hollings was, right?

etk
03-19-2008, 06:46 PM
people are downgrading how bad he was last year. After 4 workouts he had not either showed up/or not even got a above average rating. Better off without him the way he played last year minus UVa and the Orange Bowl.

Yeah, he's pretty overrated, but losing a rSr RB with his age and experience has to hurt.

reigle9
03-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Good news for the rest of the ACC, but Tech has some other talented guys inculding freshman Ryan Williams. Ore is a pretty good back but he has had a bunch of issues lately, I wonder if he is a supplemental draft possibility.

Where did you get your screen name from?

Hokie_Pokie08
03-19-2008, 11:52 PM
My school's RB is going to Tech, 3 stars, 4.38 40

so you went to fc? i graduated from ocean lakes 4 years ago, but lived in kempsville.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-20-2008, 12:03 AM
I bet he ends up at Hampton

Brent
03-20-2008, 12:14 AM
If I were a GM, I'd spend a 6th or 7th in the supplemental on him.

Hokie_Pokie08
03-20-2008, 12:20 AM
With the offseasons that VT and Virginia had I'll be pissed if we don't get to ACC championship game. Could UNC possibly do it as well :O

uva has had the offseason from hell and now with the rumors that j'courtney williams is looking to transfer it will just continue to get worse for them. this is the only other thing that tech has gone through this offseason besides the transfers of matt wright, devin radford, and elan lewis. unless you were talking about the graduating seniors and b. flow which should hurt some, but aren't totally devastating.

toonsterwu
03-20-2008, 06:19 AM
What about the supplemental draft? he has to be just as good a prospect as tony hollings was, right?

Tony Hollings was a raw upside product due to the athleticism. Barring a surprise, Ore isn't in the same class of athlete. I think he could go supplemental, but I'd image that he'd be more a 5th-undrafted option, particularly when off-field factors are added in.

toonsterwu
03-20-2008, 06:30 AM
uva has had the offseason from hell and now with the rumors that j'courtney williams is looking to transfer it will just continue to get worse for them. this is the only other thing that tech has gone through this offseason besides the transfers of matt wright, devin radford, and elan lewis. unless you were talking about the graduating seniors and b. flow which should hurt some, but aren't totally devastating.

Is the J'Courtney thing something new you are referencing, or the thing from a few months back? Because the thing from a few months back was shot down awhile ago.

That said, yes, awful offseason for UVA. The dynamics are right for us to have a strong recruiting class, though. We should still be solid next year, provided the interior OL can gel quick enough, and with the Hokies scholarship limitations, plus the residual effect from this past year, if we can have another solid year, we should a solid recruiting class, and we'll be pretty young with the redshirts from last year's class. If the interior OL gels, the passing game should be improved (Lalich's feel for the passing game vs. Sewell's, along with the return of Ogletree, the development of young WR's, and despite losing TE's, we still have depth). The run game has the options with Peerman/Jackson/Simpson/Payne lining up. The bigger concern is defensive, although from a physical standpoint, this is the closest we'll have to a pro-like 3-4 since Groh's been there (Nick Jenkins being the best physical option at NT that we've had, and he'll probably rotate with Collins inside, with Collins seeing some time on the edge). Gottschalk has been compared to Chris Long since he's gotten there (and I think Chris hyped him in the interview with Scott). The LB talent largely returns in place, with only one place up for battle and a lot of options, and the secondary should be better with experience.

All in all, comes down to how the trenches develop for us. I'm not expecting anything great, considering the youth of the team, but I thin 6-8 wins is likely barring a meltdown, and 6-8 wins should help us do well in getting a solid class in.

Yatta!
03-20-2008, 06:42 AM
If I were a GM, I'd spend a 6th or 7th in the supplemental on him.

Yep I think its the supplemental draft for him. He was wavering on coming out this year anyway so I can't see him wanted to go back to school. His stock is unlikely to benefit from playing in Div II but I suppose a weak RB class in 09 would help.

neko4
03-21-2008, 03:37 PM
so you went to fc? i graduated from ocean lakes 4 years ago, but lived in kempsville.
sure do
i actually live in kellam down close to pungo

Yep I think its the supplemental draft for him. He was wavering on coming out this year anyway so I can't see him wanted to go back to school. His stock is unlikely to benefit from playing in Div II but I suppose a weak RB class in 09 would help.

He would have to totally dominate at the D2 level. If he just does good-great, then he should get bunched in with other great D2 backs

Hokie_Pokie08
03-21-2008, 04:32 PM
there is talk that he might transfer to west liberty state because his cousin darren banks plays there (who has put up nice stats, 23 ints in the past 2 seasons).

toonsterwu
03-24-2008, 03:58 AM
there is talk that he might transfer to west liberty state because his cousin darren banks plays there (who has put up nice stats, 23 ints in the past 2 seasons).

Yeah, this was the rumor from a few months ago I think, which was debunked. There were several christchurch teammates of his that went to W. Liberty State, I think, as well. Now, that's not to say it wasn't explored, or that it couldn't still happen. I imagine part of the reason it might be circulating now is because J'Courtney hasn't been doing much this spring, but that's more attributable to his shoulder injury.

Hokie_Pokie08
03-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Yeah, this was the rumor from a few months ago I think, which was debunked. There were several christchurch teammates of his that went to W. Liberty State, I think, as well. Now, that's not to say it wasn't explored, or that it couldn't still happen. I imagine part of the reason it might be circulating now is because J'Courtney hasn't been doing much this spring, but that's more attributable to his shoulder injury.

i was talking about ore. darren banks is ore's cousin.

kwilk103
03-24-2008, 11:23 PM
just read an article sayin hes talked to the west liberty st coaches