PDA

View Full Version : My Top Ten Non-Busts of 2008

SmarterThanU
03-19-2008, 05:59 PM
These are my safe picks for not being busts in the NFL.

#10- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

#9- Kenny Philips S Miami

#8- Brandon Albert OG Virginia

#7- DeSean Jackson WR California

#6- Phillip Merling DE Clemson

#5- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh

#4- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois

#3- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon

#2- Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State

#1- Jake Long OT Michigan

terribletowel39
03-19-2008, 06:06 PM
DeSean Jackson being on there is a little weird especially with how some people in the NFL hit and the other Long not being on there is a little strange.

Few other questions but nothing wrong with the rest.

Cashmoney
03-19-2008, 06:12 PM
I'd say almost half that list has a decent chance of being a bust.

Race for the Heisman
03-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Gholston, Merling, Jackson, and Dorsey are all guys I probably wouldn't normally have on this list; injury concerns for the last 3 and I think if Gholston gets an opportunity like Bobby Carpenter got he might end up in a similar situation. To a 4-3 team I would put him on this list, to a 3-4 team I'd have to knock him down a couple of places, and I'm an Ohio State fan.

SmarterThanU
03-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Gholston seems to be a very well educated young man with non-character issues. And I can actually understand him when he talks. And that's coming from a Penn St. fan.

Jackson at the very least is a very good return man and has a nice 10 year career. Best case scenario he ends up the next Marvin Harrison.

T-RICH49
03-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Jeff Otah has bust written on him IMHO

thebow305
03-19-2008, 06:20 PM
DeSean Jackson being on there is a little weird especially with how some people in the NFL hit and the other Long not being on there is a little strange.

Few other questions but nothing wrong with the rest.

I agree with you 100 %

Having Jackson on the list but not Chris Long makes little to no sense at all.

Chris Long is easily the safest pick in the draft. Bottom Line.

regoob2
03-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Gholston seems to be a very well educated young man with non-character issues. And I can actually understand him when he talks. And that's coming from a Penn St. fan.

Jackson at the very least is a very good return man and has a nice 10 year career. Best case scenario he ends up the next Marvin Harrison.
LOL, that is always a plus when you can understand when they talk.

KCJ58
03-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Your not smarter than me, no chance

Dr. Gonzo
03-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Merling=Huge Bust

Jakey
03-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Merling wont have much of an impact...so i suppose you could call that a bust.

schmiddog
03-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Jonathan Stewart has high bust potential. Still don't mind him as a prospect but I really don't see what the big deal about him is

lionsfan81
03-19-2008, 06:37 PM
These are my safe picks for not being busts in the NFL.

#10- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

#9- Kenny Philips S Miami

#8- Brandon Albert OG Virginia

#7- DeSean Jackson WR California

#6- Phillip Merling DE Clemson

#5- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh

#4- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois

#3- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon

#2- Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State

#1- Jake Long OT Michigan

Otah, Merling, Jackson, and Mendenhall all could be busts, they are not safe picks. They all have a lot to learn to be successful in the NFL.

BeerBaron
03-19-2008, 06:50 PM
#10-Dorsey - no - while he seems very solid, his injury concerns are too much to overlook for me

#9-Phillips - ok - ill agree as statistically, first round safeties have the best chance out of any position of making the pro bowl. good indicator and i like phillips.

#8-Albert - ok - he needs to find his true pro position but he will work out, even if it is just sticking inside at guard

#7 - Jackson - nooooooo way - receivers might be the 2nd most hit or miss position after QB. and hes an enigma to boot, might not have true #1 WR potential

#6- Merling - no - DE is hard to project. he could be a good all around end but appear to be a bust if he doesnt generate double digit sacks every year. I think hell be a good player but he has a good chance of busting too based on what expectations would be for a first round DE

#5 - Otah - no - I personally believe his long term LT potential may be limited and he may be a RT only kind of guy. While i think someone will get a good, mauler and run blocker, his pass protection skills and low potential may make him seem like a bust in the long run.

#4 - Mendenhall - ok - running backs are usually a pretty safe bet barring injuries.

#3 - Stewart - ok - ill buy it but his injury and surgery should at least drop him below mendenhall

#2 - Gholston - no - like i said earlier, pass rushers are hard to project and can be considered a bust if they dont bring the sacks consistently.

#1 - Jake Long - no - you got the last name right as i believe chris long is a very very safe pick. but jake...no. usually big OT's are good and safe, but some question his LT potential and also, robert gallery was supposed to be a very safe pick but that didnt end well....

so overall, i disagree with a good number of these and would like it to be known that no player is really safe. they all carry some risk and in the end, usually only about half live up to expectations anyway.

FA1
03-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Jeff Otah has bust written on him IMHO

I second that!

etk
03-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Going down Scott's rankings....

Jake Long, Chris Long, Sedrick Ellis, Keith Rivers, Jonathan Stewart, Leodis McKelvin, Kenny Phillips, Malcolm Kelly & Chris Williams.

Those are the 1st 10 players that I can confidently say will be solid players at the very least. If anyone has any doubts I'll gladly explain some of the selections.

I agree that Jeff Otah will be a bust at OT, but IMO he's a safe, solid bet at RG. He's a taller, longer Arron Sears.

BeerBaron
03-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Going down Scott's rankings....

Jake Long, Chris Long, Sedrick Ellis, Keith Rivers, Jonathan Stewart, Leodis McKelvin, Kenny Phillips, Malcolm Kelly & Chris Williams.

Those are the 1st 10 players that I can confidently say will be solid players at the very least. If anyone has any doubts I'll gladly explain some of the selections.

i wont straight up disagree but ill throw a few stones at a few of em. jake long could turn out to be the next robert gallery, you can never be sure.

chris i feel is pretty safe, will probably never be a true sack machine and that could at least allow him to fail the expectations of a high pick DE.

ellis i feel is pretty safe too, but you can never really tell with DTs. some just lose their motor or something in the nfl...its hard to explain.

rivers, yeah. Lbs rarely truly bust. its possible he fails to live up to expectations of a first round LB but he should always reel in plenty of tackles and be solid.

mckelvin...level of comp is a concern. plus corners are usually pretty toss up at times anyway. same goes for kelly and WRs. those are two positions where i usually wont call player real safe.

and chris williams, who i really like and feel is very versatile, does have a tendency to play soft at times.

stephenson86
03-19-2008, 07:05 PM
trevor laws = biggest none bust

JT Jag
03-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Well, Hillary and McCain won't be busts. They'll do what they do and it'll work, although they probably won't be that great when compared to the entire spectrum of this higher level.

Barack, of course, is the trendy one. He has a significant bust potential due to his inexperience in his current position... but I think anyone would tell you that he has a very high ceiling--- perhaps the highest ceiling of anyone in few decades.

reigle9
03-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Jake Long - I don't pretend to be an OL scout like 95% of the people on here but it's easy to see he is great at what he does. Ogden is the last one I've seen that it's obvious to look at.

Glenn Dorsey - If he is healthy, he's a killer. Injured, maybe a 5th round pick at best.

McFadden - Impossible that he won't be a top 20 back the day he steps on the field. Might be considered a bust by his draft position, but he's going to be productive for a long time.

I think they're about the only three that it's impossibility for them to bust as long as they're healthy.

etk
03-19-2008, 07:10 PM
i wont straight up disagree but ill throw a few stones at a few of em. jake long could turn out to be the next robert gallery, you can never be sure.

chris i feel is pretty safe, will probably never be a true sack machine and that could at least allow him to fail the expectations of a high pick DE.

ellis i feel is pretty safe too, but you can never really tell with DTs. some just lose their motor or something in the nfl...its hard to explain.

rivers, yeah. Lbs rarely truly bust. its possible he fails to live up to expectations of a first round LB but he should always reel in plenty of tackles and be solid.

mckelvin...level of comp is a concern. plus corners are usually pretty toss up at times anyway. same goes for kelly and WRs. those are two positions where i usually wont call player real safe.

and chris williams, who i really like and feel is very versatile, does have a tendency to play soft at times.

You can't be sure about any prospect, but Long is about as sure of a thing as you can get. Bringing up old busts doesn't change that....there are busts at every position.

Chris Long will be a very dominant pass rusher and run stopper. He's very quick, very strong, has great technique and footwork.

Ellis has proven himself against a high level of competition. It doesn't get much easier to evaluate. His size will be the only issue against the run.

Rivers is an athletic marvel. He hasn't been that productive but he will be a good all-around LB. I wouldn't expect him to be a tackling machine or stud though.

McKelvin can flat-out cover as he proved at the Senior Bowl against top competition and he's a great athlete. He may never get the recognition because of his ball skills but he's not far from a shutdown corner.

Williams is a bit risky, but I like what I've seen from him athletically, technique-wise as a pass blocker and he has a good frame for run blocking. I haven't noticed the "soft" issue but it could be a problem if it's true....we don't wanna see another Barron.

DraftKidWonder
03-19-2008, 07:14 PM
They are right that list is kinda off but if ur right u'd look like a genius.
I'd say you have to have Chris Long, Jake Long as a RT, Limas Sweed, Derrick Harvey, Keith Rivers, Dan Conner, Darren McFadden, Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, and Gosder Cherilus as a RT. Not the greatest list but it seems as if you know what your getting from these guys when they hit the field except maybe Harvey.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Jake Long - I don't pretend to be an OL scout like 95% of the people on here but it's easy to see he is great at what he does. Ogden is the last one I've seen that it's obvious to look at.

Glenn Dorsey - If he is healthy, he's a killer. Injured, maybe a 5th round pick at best.

McFadden - Impossible that he won't be a top 20 back the day he steps on the field. Might be considered a bust by his draft position, but he's going to be productive for a long time.

I think they're about the only three that it's impossibility for them to bust as long as they're healthy.

Glenn Dorsey did not play like a 5th round pick this season.

toonsterwu
03-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Everything is relative. That said, if I had to pick the top 10 least likely to bust players that are well considered -

1. Chris Long - At worst, he'll be a solid edge guy, the type of guy that can get you around 8 sacks a year, be active. He's shedding weight as well, supposedly at 267 for the pro day, which might be helpful as a 3-4 OLB.

2. Jake Long - At worst, he'll be a solid RT.

3. Jeff Otah - Why this high? Largely because I don't see him failing as a RT. LT is a whole other question, but I think he's got a fairly good floor at RT.

4. Aqib Talib - At worst, will be a solid zone corner.

5. Keith Rivers - LB's can be found, so he may fall a bit if he doesn't go high, but at worst, he should be a solid LB that offers versatility.

Gets a bit dicier after that

6. Ryan Clady - This isn't Alex Barron or D'Brickashaw Ferguson. He's got a better attitude than Barron and carries weight better than Ferguson.

7. Dan Connor - I don't see anyway that he's not a solid LB at the very least.

8. Chris Williams - Gets a bit dicier here, as there are some warning signs, but I think he should be a solid OL guy.

9. Branden Albert - Another dicy one, despite being a UVA fan. He needs to either get more powerful as an in-line blocker as a guard, and/or work on his footwork to develop as a tackle.

10. Phillip Merling - 2-way ends can last. Here's a guy with good edge quickness and is solid against the run. Whether or not he has the top end athleticism that has been rumored, only time will tell, but his frame can carry a bit more good weight.

FA1
03-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Toon, if I made a top 10 likely to bust prospects, Otah and Talib would be in the top 5... here they are in your top 5 least likely to bust.

jetsfan0099
03-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Chris Long is the safest pick in this draft. He is the best overall DE to enter the draft in a while IMO. He has amazing technique, and good speed, strength and everything you want in a DE. Hes smart, amazing character, hard worker, has all the intangables.
In a day where pass rushers are coming into the league and only getting by on their amazing athletic ability. Chris Long gets by on his amazing football skill, his great pass rush technique, him being able to use his hands, his smarts, his leverage. There was a article on espn about this, how pass rushers in the NFL aren't great anymore, that they are all on athletic ability and no skill. Guys that truly know the technique of pass rushing usually have a nice long career, guys that get by on talent and athletic ability alone usually are a injury, or age away from not being effective anymore.
Chris Long is in the mold of technique, he is my favorite DE prospect in a long time. I would take him over a lot of DEs. I played DE for a long time in my life, and I really appreciate it when a guy like Long comes in the draft, a guy who really understands the position and does it all really well.

toonsterwu
03-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Toon, if I made a top 10 likely to bust prospects, Otah and Talib would be in the top 5... here they are in your top 5 least likely to bust.

Otah is a very sound run blocker with good footwork. I understand differences of opinion on him, but after watching a lot of him, I think that the chances of him being, at the very least, a sound RT is very low.

As for Talib, a lot of people want to Antrel Rolle him, basically. He's probably a tiny bit more athletic than Antrel, but the bigger difference is that, comparatively, at the same point, Aqib's instincts and ball skills are probably a tad better. I'll be plenty surprised if he can't be a solid zone corner at the very least.

saintsfan912
03-19-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm still trying to find a NFL doctor that has confirmed Dorsey's "injury concerns". Someone please find me a link to a NAMED doctor that has stated these concerns.

5th round pick? Wow man, you really don't know much about football do you?

BaLLiN
03-19-2008, 09:12 PM
4. Aqib Talib - At worst, will be a solid zone corner.

i just threw up a little in my mouth

toonsterwu
03-19-2008, 09:29 PM
i just threw up a little in my mouth

I'm wondering what skillset you think he lacks to be a solid zone corner?

swollja
03-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Your not smarter than me, no chance

eh, i would have used *you're if i'm trying to sound smarter than someone

BaLLiN
03-19-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm wondering what skillset you think he lacks to be a solid zone corner?

well i think he'd be average as a zone corner, but his hips are horrible, he is definately not physical, his hands are pretty good, his size is pretty good, his timed speed was overhyped and he did averagely. I really liked him coming into this year, but i just didnt see it. If he gets drafted in the 15-25 range (where he is probably going) then id consider him a bust.

Put him in a cover 2 he isnt physical enough, in man he'd be horrible, and in a zone it depends.

reigle9
03-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Glenn Dorsey did not play like a 5th round pick this season.

So is that the only 3 words you read? But you're right, he played like an UDFA when he was hurt. I'm guessing you just read everyone else's opinion and don't watch the games.

saintsfan912
03-19-2008, 09:59 PM
So is that the only 3 words you read? But you're right, he played like an UDFA when he was hurt. I'm guessing you just read everyone else's opinion and don't watch the games.

So how many LSU games did you watch this season?

toonsterwu
03-19-2008, 10:01 PM
well i think he'd be average as a zone corner, but his hips are horrible, he is definately not physical, his hands are pretty good, his size is pretty good, his timed speed was overhyped and he did averagely. I really liked him coming into this year, but i just didnt see it. If he gets drafted in the 15-25 range (where he is probably going) then id consider him a bust.

Put him in a cover 2 he isnt physical enough, in man he'd be horrible, and in a zone it depends.

It is interesting that you note his hips are horrible, when he posted solid 20 yard shuttle times and 3-cone numbers (his 3 cone was quite a bit better than McKelvin, who is largely considered the top corner, largely because of his hips).

Also, how was his timed speed overhyped. He ran a mid-4.4 40, which was better than many expected.

All that said, the one reason that I think Talib would be fine in zone is because of his instincts.

reigle9
03-19-2008, 10:05 PM
So how many LSU games did you watch this season?

Oh my God man, read my original post. I don't think it gets any better than him when he's healthy. I thought he was far and away the #1 pick. You can't play hurt and he was horrible when he was hurt. Being an LSU fan, I'm sure you saw every game.

saintsfan912
03-20-2008, 06:40 AM
Yea I did and he was never horrible. He didn't play like a #1 pick but he still played like a damn first rounder.

Gay Ork Wang
03-20-2008, 07:54 AM
I miss Jordy...

BananaSlug
03-20-2008, 09:49 AM
This thread is hilarious some kats can't read... That one kat said Glenn Dorsey is can't miss but his injury concerns could lead to him being a bust (i.e. worth a 5th round pick)...

Somehow that gets turned around into Glenn Dorsey plays like a 5th rounder... Hilarious...

There have been plenty of can't miss players that end up being busts because of injuries...

Thunder&Lightning
03-20-2008, 11:25 AM
I think desean jackson could be a big bust.

art vandelay
03-20-2008, 12:26 PM
I'd say the safest pick is Kenny Phillips. He is a very solid, yet unspectacular player. You know exactly what you are getting from him.

saintsfan912
03-20-2008, 05:31 PM
This thread is hilarious some kats can't read... That one kat said Glenn Dorsey is can't miss but his injury concerns could lead to him being a bust (i.e. worth a 5th round pick)...

Somehow that gets turned around into Glenn Dorsey plays like a 5th rounder... Hilarious...

There have been plenty of can't miss players that end up being busts because of injuries...

If you could comprehend, my whole point was there are no injury concerns with Dorsey. At least that's what I've read. The whole thing started from an "unnamed team doctor" which is not even close to being credible.

Addict
03-20-2008, 05:37 PM
no chris long in this list makes the list laughable.

etk
03-20-2008, 05:38 PM
If you could comprehend, my whole point was there are no injury concerns with Dorsey. At least that's what I've read. The whole thing started from an "unnamed team doctor" which is not even close to being credible.

Oh really? So the doctor got his education in Africa or something? Or maybe they should post the doctor's name to be more credible because everyone is so interested in what it is....oh wait, idiot LSU fans would love to harass the guy and his family for sparking hate on Dorsey.

How do you know he has no injury concerns? Are you more credible than the unnamed team doctor that probably has dozens of years of education and experience?

Just listen to yourself one day buddy.

KCStud
03-20-2008, 05:58 PM
This would be my ten.

10.Sedrick Ellis-the guy has been a terror for a few years at USC. He doesn't have anybody else on that DL to make him look great. He does it all himself.

9.Chris Long-He is too hard of a worker to be a bust IMO. As a Chiefs fan, I could see him turning out like Jared Allen who gets by on his attitude and hard work.

8.Jake Long-No way is this guy gonna be a bust. He is also a very hard worker who strives to be the best. He was outstanding at a good school for 2 years.

7.Gosder Cherilus-Another B.C. lineman who IMO is the best RT that the Eagles could produce in a long time. He looked bad last year because they had him out of position at LT. He will be a solid RT for years.

6.Branden Albert-This guy is gonna tear it up in the NFL. He was unstoppable at Virginia and will most definitely be an even better player in the NFL. I think he'll be a G at the next level.

5.Run DMC-What else can you say? He's the next top RB with loads of potential.

4.Dan Connor-I don't see this guy being a bust. He was an outstanding LB at PSU most of the time that he was there. I think him and Poz are gonna be starters for a long time.

3.Keith Rivers-Very productive in college. I think he is gonna be the best LB in this class.

2.Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie-To see a kid at a small school come out of nowhere as possibly the top CB shows that he has heart and is dedicated to being the best he can be. I don't think Antonio will also make him better.

1.Vernon Gholston-I don't see him being a bust at all. I think he is the next Shawn Merriman type player that is gonna make a huge impact wherever he goes

saintsfan912
03-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Oh really? So the doctor got his education in Africa or something? Or maybe they should post the doctor's name to be more credible because everyone is so interested in what it is....oh wait, idiot LSU fans would love to harass the guy and his family for sparking hate on Dorsey.

How do you know he has no injury concerns? Are you more credible than the unnamed team doctor that probably has dozens of years of education and experience?

Just listen to yourself one day buddy.

Or how about listen to Dorsey himself and Tom Shaw who is running the performance enhancement camp Dorsey is attending. He hadn't missed a single day since the first day of camp Jan 10th until his grandmother died.

Tom Shaw: "I don't see any evidence of injuries or lingering injuries. He runs the same exact things as the defensive backs. He runs well. We had him checked when he first got here, and there's nothing. The stories out there about his injuries are a joke."

I guess he knows nothing right? Check yourself before you call other people idiots bud.

bored of education
03-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Trevor Laws
Chris Williams
Andre Caldwell IMO

Iamcanadian
03-20-2008, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=SmarterThanU;959228]These are my safe picks for not being busts in the NFL.

#10- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU - injury history suggests he may well be a bust or a boom type pick.

#9- Kenny Philips S Miami - has dropped significantly since the season started and is far from a sure thing.

#8- Brandon Albert OG Virginia - I think he is solid

#7- DeSean Jackson WR California - considering there isn't another WR who starts in the NFL maybe ever at 167lbs. I'd say he has a huge bust factor.

#6- Phillip Merling DE Clemson - He never did much of anything until his junior year and even then he only got 7 sacks, hardly a sure thing.

#5- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh - I love him but he ran a 5.5 something 40 and could easily flop as a LT.

#4- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois - He only started for 1 season in college, hardly a strong indication of a no bust guarantee.

#3- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon - He's undergoing turf toe surgery and will be out of action for at least 4 months. Injuries ruin careers and don't indicate a no bust guarantee.

#2- Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State - I love him but nobody can be sure how well he adjusts to pro ball.

#1- Jake Long OT Michigan - May flop as a LT making picking him in the top 5 a huge mistake.

There is no such beast as a sure no bust prospect. Jumping from college ball to pro ball is an immense leap and many player have difficulty adjusting.

Iamcanadian
03-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Or how about listen to Dorsey himself and Tom Shaw who is running the performance enhancement camp Dorsey is attending. He hadn't missed a single day since the first day of camp Jan 10th until his grandmother died.

Tom Shaw: "I don't see any evidence of injuries or lingering injuries. He runs the same exact things as the defensive backs. He runs well. We had him checked when he first got here, and there's nothing. The stories out there about his injuries are a joke."

I guess he knows nothing right? Check yourself before you call other people idiots bud.

If you believe what a camp instructor tells the press, you couldn't be more off the track. These guys have a vested interest in having one of their camp attendees going high in the draft.
The last time I heard a camp instructor making a pitch for one of his attendees, he claimed Drew Henson was looking good enough to have been the #1 overall pick in the upcoming draft. Look how that turned out.
Why doesn't Dorsey's agent get a doctor to verify the condition of Dorsey's knees, that would be a lot more convincing than a camp instructor???

saintsfan912
03-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Very true. But why won't the unnamed doctor come out and say it? Maybe it's because he is a team doctor of a lower pick spreading rumors hoping he falls out of the top 10. Who knows? Sorry, I would rather believe something from a credible person rather than some unnamed nobody. And if the guy actually missed games it would believable. Which he didn't.

Iamcanadian
03-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Very true. But why won't the unnamed doctor come out and say it? Maybe it's because he is a team doctor of a lower pick spreading rumors hoping he falls out of the top 10. Who knows? Sorry, I would rather believe something from a credible person rather than some unnamed nobody. And if the guy actually missed games it would believable. Which he didn't.

I'm not saying Dorsey isn't healthy and won't succeed but I can tell you why a doctor might not be willing to confirm yes or no. If he's wrong he could be sued from a lot of different directions so he is very unlikely to state publicly what he thinks. Most of the time doctors will use statments like 'the surgery went nicely or he's healing nicely', which in reality tells you nothing about his actual condition.
Truth of the matter is any team interesting in drafting Dorsey has had him checked out physically, probably by a # of doctors. None of them are stating anything publically and the rumours will persist right up to draft day with none of us knowing the full truth.
IMO, he's likely to get the Adrian Peterson treatment and be drafted 6-10 if the prognosis is fairly good for a full recovery. Top 5 teams are very reluctant to draft any player who has had a serious injury and guarantee him 25-30 million dollars. However, if his prognosis states it will be some time before we can tell if he will be fully healed, then he could slip to late round 1. If the prognosis is very poor, there is no telling where he will be drafted.
By the way, Scouts and GM's become very suspicious when there are injury concerns and a player puts off working out. Kelly and Smith of Oklahoma are now under serious suspician since they not only skipped the combine but slipped their pro day as well.

saintsfan912
03-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Well I'll tell you one thing, if he "slips" to 10, the Saints will waste no time with that pick.

Iamcanadian
03-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Well I'll tell you one thing, if he "slips" to 10, the Saints will waste no time with that pick.

The fact is that the Saints will do what everybody else has done and give Dorsey a physical by their team doctor and probably by at least 1 other doctor, and will only take Dorsey at #10 if his prognosis for a full recovery is good, otherwise they will do exactly what every other team would do and that is pass on him in the top 10 and let some other team take the risk further down where the financial consequences aren't so severe. Pro football is a business and New Orleans isn't going to draft anybody they cannot be sure of physically.

mqtirishfan
03-20-2008, 09:07 PM

If that's criteria, I hear there are some pretty smart guys playing for Princeton. Maybe the Dolphins should look into this.