PDA

View Full Version : brandon ore to enter sup. draft?

BeerBaron
03-19-2008, 07:36 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/03/19/ore.vatech.ap/index.html

well hes not going back to VT anyway. think hed get drafted in the supplemental?

neko4
03-19-2008, 07:44 PM
a team might give up a 7th round or 6th

FA1
03-19-2008, 08:20 PM
I doubt it... he's only a mid-late round prospect without the many off-field problems.

Yung Flippa
03-19-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm sure that a team will take a chance on him in the 6th or 7th round of the supplemental.

FA1
03-19-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm sure that a team will take a chance on him in the 6th or 7th round of the supplemental.

Ok, why? What does he bring to the table?

BeerBaron
03-19-2008, 08:48 PM
i think the only way someone takes him in the sup. draft is if a team suddenly finds themself in need of a young RB and doesnt want to risk letting him hit FA and someone else snapping him up.

etk
03-19-2008, 08:53 PM
I doubt it... he's only a mid-late round prospect without the many off-field problems.

Agree completely....there are more than enough talented backs in this year's draft to go around with equal or superior talent to Ore and better character.

757Dawg
03-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Ore is such a waste of talent.

If he could actually grow up and commit himself, there's no reason to believe he wouldn't be a special player. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

BaLLiN
03-19-2008, 08:56 PM
wouldnt mind it with a 7th round pick, he showed flashes and before this year, i thought he was definately top 5 in his class. how many players do you get in the 7th round that actually make the team and stay on it for more than a couple years, very few... so by taking a chance with a younger guy who wouldve been a mid-late rounder anyway if not for getting ousted by VT because of character issues.

FA1
03-19-2008, 09:02 PM
wouldnt mind it with a 7th round pick, he showed flashes and before this year, i thought he was definately top 5 in his class. how many players do you get in the 7th round that actually make the team and stay on it for more than a couple years, very few... so by taking a chance with a younger guy who wouldve been a mid-late rounder anyway if not for getting ousted by VT because of character issues.

I would consider giving up a 7th rounder to keep him OFF my team.

BaLLiN
03-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I would consider giving up a 7th rounder to keep him OFF my team.

well this is pretty much the only time ive heard of a big incident where character problems arose, so that makes no sense...

FA1
03-19-2008, 09:22 PM
well this is pretty much the only time ive heard of a big incident where character problems arose, so that makes no sense...

Then you need to do more research. This was neither the first, nor the second incident in his college career. He's had academic issues, work ethic issues, and legal issues, most notably for alleged possession of marijuana and crack/cocaine.

DraftKidWonder
03-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Why should he do that when he could go to some D-2 team, start, and get drafted in a weak draft class in '09.

BaLLiN
03-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Then you need to do more research. This was neither the first, nor the second incident in his college career. He's had academic issues, work ethic issues, and legal issues, most notably for alleged possession of marijuana and crack/cocaine.

i dont like hearing that, but he's worth a 7th, he's got potential.

BeerBaron
03-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Why should he do that when he could go to some D-2 team, start, and get drafted in a weak draft class in '09.

i kind of doubt a guy with character issues dropping from D-1 to D-2 will do anything to help his draft stock.

even in a weak class, a guy like that wouldnt work out

FA1
03-19-2008, 10:09 PM
i dont like hearing that, but he's worth a 7th, he's got potential.

I said most notably possession, but I was actually been letting him off easy. He's also been accused of trafficking. In addition, he had to spend a year away from football, working at a 7-eleven, because he didn't like to go to class.

BamaFalcon59
03-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Very, very talented player who was a mess.

Here is to Ryan Williams at Virginia Tech..

Yatta!
03-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Someone will take a flyer, he would have been one of the better backs in the 09 class. Now we know why he was so close to coming out this year.

cinnamonheart85
03-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Just out of curiosity, where was he projected to go in next year's draft before being dismissed from the team?

FA1
03-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Just out of curiosity, where was he projected to go in next year's draft before being dismissed from the team?

Mid to late rounds at best.

If a team takes a "flier" on him, it will be as a UFA.

vatech=accdomination
03-20-2008, 08:53 AM

He didnt have the crack, a friend did and he testified against him. But, I will agree, his work ethic sucks, he had not either showed up for any of the spring workouts or just done so poorly he did not get an an excellent effort rating, this is the workout chart, notice, walkons were above him.

http://www.beamerball.com/free/20086amtally.htm

FA1
03-20-2008, 09:26 AM
He didnt have the crack, a friend did and he testified against him. But, I will agree, his work ethic sucks, he had not either showed up for any of the spring workouts or just done so poorly he did not get an an excellent effort rating, this is the workout chart, notice, walkons were above him.

http://www.beamerball.com/free/20086amtally.htm

You are right that he testified against his friend, but it is widely believed that his friend was simply taking the rap.

vatech=accdomination
03-20-2008, 09:29 AM
wasnt worth it now if so, haha.