PDA

View Full Version : trindon holliday 60M

foozball
03-20-2008, 04:35 PM
6.54 seconds in the 60m dash
2nd place
6.51 won and tied the fastest time in the world this year
holliday is fast yo

think he could beat chris johnson's time when hollday's turn at the combine comes up?

terribletowel39
03-20-2008, 04:37 PM
in one word: YES.

adding words: he is ridiculously fast and not only is he fast, he accelerates quicker than anyone i have seen with pads on. which probably means he accelerates quickly withOUT pads on.

Staubach12
03-20-2008, 04:40 PM
My question: will he play in the NFL? He's so small...

fenikz
03-20-2008, 04:40 PM
lol I thought 60m was 60 mil

Holliday is definitely faster than Johnson, we are talking a top ranked American sprinter, the question is will he weigh in at over 160 or ever be anything more than a scat back/return man, maybe he will have a late growth spurt

BeerBaron
03-20-2008, 04:47 PM
wow, i just read the story about how he got recruited. wild.

hes just amazingly fast. someone in the nfl will find a way to use him...

terribletowel39
03-20-2008, 04:48 PM
lol I thought 60m was 60 mil

Holliday is definitely faster than Johnson, we are talking a top ranked American sprinter, the question is will he weigh in at over 160 or ever be anything more than a scat back/return man, maybe he will have a late growth spurt
I'm right there with you with the 60 million.

Also, I think he can make it in the NFL, not as a RB or anything but in the exact same role as Darren Sproles. size wise, he is a tough SOB. i've seen him get absolutely obliterated and he just gets up and runs to the side line.

LonghornsLegend
03-20-2008, 04:52 PM
I just watched it, it was an amazing race, so much speed...Holliday actually had the lead probably up to 40 meters, but for the last 20 meters he lost out because the other guy was taking longer strides, but watching how fast Holliday came out of the blocks was sick.

Scott Wright
03-20-2008, 05:00 PM
He's like 4-2 so he better be fast! :)

Addict
03-20-2008, 05:43 PM

4'2"?

http://www.colleaguesrugby.com.au/bali2005/images/TourNames/Judy---Oompa-Loompa.jpg
always wondered what they'd look like in pads.

BeerBaron
03-20-2008, 06:27 PM
4'2"?

http://www.colleaguesrugby.com.au/bali2005/images/TourNames/Judy---Oompa-Loompa.jpg

lol, exaggeration. i think hes really like 5'6

MetSox17
03-20-2008, 06:36 PM
listed at 5'5 a buck sixty.

not very nfl-esque

BeerBaron
03-20-2008, 06:42 PM
listed at 5'5 a buck sixty.

not very nfl-esque

if your fast enough and have the heart, you can make yourself nfl worthy at any size

bam bam
03-20-2008, 06:43 PM
4'2"?

Yes, 4'2''.

TheBuffaloBills
03-20-2008, 06:43 PM
I think he definately could bet in the low 4.20's, and maybe break into the 4.10's

neko4
03-20-2008, 06:48 PM
If he breaks 4.2, theres no way a team wont draft him as a KR. he's got the vision too. He may only play 5 years, but itll be a great 5 years

JT Jag
03-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Special-teams only.

He has the potential to be a GREAT returner. But the question is, does he have the vision and patience to reach that level? Returning isn't just about the speed. Ask Alvis Whitted.

MetSox17
03-20-2008, 07:07 PM
if your fast enough and have the heart, you can make yourself nfl worthy at any size

what if i ran a 4.18 40, had the heart of a lion..... but i was 4'10 90lbs.
lol

JT Jag
03-20-2008, 07:08 PM
lolI'd say "Hi, Paris Hilton on crack".

BeerBaron
03-20-2008, 07:09 PM
lol

well then go out and return every kick thats sent your way in college and some nfl team will give you a shot.

you may get killed the first time you get hit but man, someone will try you on as a returner

D-Unit
03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Darren Sproles

MetSox17
03-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Darren Sproles

is 20 lbs heavier.
and got a heavy dose of carries
when at k-state

edit.
i think i read that he was 187 when he weighed in at
the combine..
i got it from wikipedia so take it for what it's worth lol

neko4
03-20-2008, 07:42 PM
If Holliday could get up to 200 and maintain his 4.2 speed, that would be sweet. A guy built like MJD with Randy Moss speed.

MetSox17
03-20-2008, 07:44 PM
If Holliday could get up to 200 and maintain his 4.2 speed, that would be sweet. A guy built like MJD with Randy Moss speed.

wow, to jump a whole 40 lbs
in a few years would be a lot to ask for..
and i highly doubt he could keep his 4.2 speed
40 lbs heavier.

nobodyinparticular
03-20-2008, 07:56 PM
wow, i just read the story about how he got recruited. wild.

hes just amazingly fast. someone in the nfl will find a way to use him...

Al Davis says "hi".

neko4
03-20-2008, 08:04 PM
wow, to jump a whole 40 lbs
in a few years would be a lot to ask for..
and i highly doubt he could keep his 4.2 speed
40 lbs heavier.
i can only dream

saintsfan912
03-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Sure Sproles got alot of carries at Kstate but wasn't he a senior when he came out? Holliday is only a sophmore with 5 backs better than Sproles ever thought of being ahead of him.

DragonFireKai
03-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Sure Sproles got alot of carries at Kstate but wasn't he a senior when he came out? Holliday is only a sophmore with 5 backs better than Sproles ever thought of being ahead of him.

Someone doesn't remember how good Sproles was.

neko4
03-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Someone doesn't remember how good Sproles was.
Keiland Williams and Jacob Hester>Sproles

D-Unit
03-20-2008, 08:42 PM
is 20 lbs heavier.
and got a heavy dose of carries
when at k-state

edit.
i think i read that he was 187 when he weighed in at
the combine..
i got it from wikipedia so take it for what it's worth lol
I was referring to height. We all know weight can be controlled. Height cannot.

MetSox17
03-20-2008, 08:42 PM

LOL @ jacob hester

If not for one 87 yard run he had against louisiana tech his
longest run was of 21 yards.
If i needed someone to fall forward for 3-4 yards
every time then i guess jacob hester would be the man.

DragonFireKai
03-20-2008, 08:47 PM

4,769 yards, 44 TDs
1,780 yards, 20 TDs
914 Yards, 11 TDs.

Who would you take?

etk
03-20-2008, 08:50 PM

To get up to 200 he would need at least 20 lbs. of pure fat...

I don't even see him as a KR. He's very frail and would get clocked on a full-speed collision. I only see him as a PR and offensive gadget.

saintsfan912
03-20-2008, 08:52 PM
I'd take 5 fresh backs in the SEC over one back in the Big 12 anyday. Hester and Keiland weren't the only guys getting carries. Oh yea, we actually had a passing game by the way.

etk
03-20-2008, 08:52 PM
LOL @ jacob hester

If not for one 87 yard run he had against louisiana tech his
longest run was of 21 yards.
If i needed someone to fall forward for 3-4 yards
every time then i guess jacob hester would be the man.

I'm not sure if your intentions with this post are negative or not, but a back that can consistently fall forward for 3-4 yards is quite valuable, especially when he provides in many other areas like Hester does. A long run from him is a bonus because teams know he's gonna pound the rock....that's his running style.

saintsfan912
03-20-2008, 08:53 PM
To get up to 200 he would need at least 20 lbs. of pure fat...

I don't even see him as a KR. He's very frail and would get clocked on a full-speed collision. I only see him as a PR and offensive gadget.

How do you figure he is "frail"?

etk
03-20-2008, 09:01 PM
How do you figure he is "frail"?

5'5 150....I don't know if there's ever been a KR that small. Punt returns and kick returns are 2 very different things. Punt returns require elusiveness to make people miss in the open field. Kick returns require acceleration but they also require some size to bounce off hits and pick up additional yardage. Holliday is tiny and kickoff returns are the most physical and dangerous play in any major sport.....he can't handle 260 pounders coming at him at a full sprint....he might get the occasional big return if he avoids injury or death but other than he will just get clobbered and sent flying. There's a reason why players like Joey Galloway and Roscoe Parrish (both of which are bigger than TH) return punts and not kickoffs.

DragonFireKai
03-20-2008, 09:06 PM
I'd take 5 fresh backs in the SEC over one back in the Big 12 anyday. Hester and Keiland weren't the only guys getting carries. Oh yea, we actually had a passing game by the way.

Darren Sproles had 237 carries his Sophmore year, Jacob Hester had 225 in his senior year. I'm sure that if only Hester had those 12 extra carries, he'd make up the 362 yards difference between the two. He'd only need to average 30 yards a carry.

I understand taking 5 above average backs over one great back, but to claim that each of them is better than Sproles is laughable. If you put Williams' and Hester's production this past season together, they still don't equal what Sproles did in 03.

saintsfan912
03-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Darren Sproles had 237 carries his Sophmore year, Jacob Hester had 225 in his senior year. I'm sure that if only Hester had those 12 extra carries, he'd make up the 362 yards difference between the two. He'd only need to average 30 yards a carry.

I understand taking 5 above average backs over one great back, but to claim that each of them is better than Sproles is laughable. If you put Williams' and Hester's production this past season together, they still don't equal what Sproles did in 03.

Because they still had 3 other backs taking production. Not to mention they actually had a passing game. It wasn't a one dimensional team like KState was when Sproles was there. And please never say Sproles was a GREAT back.

saintsfan912
03-20-2008, 09:33 PM
5'5 150....I don't know if there's ever been a KR that small. Punt returns and kick returns are 2 very different things. Punt returns require elusiveness to make people miss in the open field. Kick returns require acceleration but they also require some size to bounce off hits and pick up additional yardage. Holliday is tiny and kickoff returns are the most physical and dangerous play in any major sport.....he can't handle 260 pounders coming at him at a full sprint....he might get the occasional big return if he avoids injury or death but other than he will just get clobbered and sent flying. There's a reason why players like Joey Galloway and Roscoe Parrish (both of which are bigger than TH) return punts and not kickoffs.

None of that means he is frail. He returned kicks all year, did he ever get hurt? Nah, he got smacked around and got up talking ****. Just because he is small doesn't mean he is frail. It just means he's small.

TheBuffaloBills
03-20-2008, 09:41 PM

Good point with Roscoe..... He is 5'9 163 on a good day.... I dont want to see him get drilled on a kick return.

etk
03-20-2008, 09:57 PM
None of that means he is frail. He returned kicks all year, did he ever get hurt? Nah, he got smacked around and got up talking ****. Just because he is small doesn't mean he is frail. It just means he's small.

There are different definitions for frail, but one of them is physically weak. I understand you're looking at it a different way, that's fine.

End argument.

badgerbacker
03-20-2008, 10:04 PM

Because they still had 3 other backs taking production. Not to mention they actually had a passing game. It wasn't a one dimensional team like KState was when Sproles was there. And please never say Sproles was a GREAT back.saintsfan, did you even read that first paragraph? The fact that a team was one dimensional would only make it tougher for Sproles to gain yards. As far as other backs taking production, did you not read that Sproles only had 12 more carries? No, Sproles doesn't fit very well as an every-down NFL back, but yes, he WAS a GREAT college back.

saintsfan912
03-20-2008, 10:10 PM
I see it harder for a back to gain tons of yards on a balanced team than a one dimensional team. Not to mention they played in the SEC, the Big 12 has 2 or 3 good teams a year. Don't want to get into that whole argument though, it never turns out productive.

badgerbacker
03-20-2008, 10:22 PM
I see it harder for a back to gain tons of yards on a balanced team than a one dimensional team. Not to mention they played in the SEC, the Big 12 has 2 or 3 good teams a year. Don't want to get into that whole argument though, it never turns out productive.That typically makes sense, but you would normally see a lot more attempts and a lower YPC in a one dimensional system. This was addressed when comparing Sproles to Hester in years where they had similar attempt numbers, but Sproles outgained him.

The SEC argument is somewhat valid, but I don't think it takes away anything Sproles did. The Big 12 is still a major conference.

Back to the original topic, does anyone think Holliday could turn into a Donte Hall type player?

BeerBaron
03-20-2008, 10:29 PM
well you have to define what you mean by donte hall.

as a returner, perhaps. but hall had that one great year and then.....sort of tailed off and vanished.

hall also never really did well as a WR or RB in the nfl.

but just as a shifty returner, i bet holliday might have as good of shot as any

M.O.T.H.
03-20-2008, 10:44 PM

hahahaha...

foozball
03-20-2008, 10:56 PM
he is listed at 5'5 160lbs...if he can get up to the 170-175lb range, he'll be fine. remember, desean jackson is only 169lbs and is much more frail. holliday is pretty swole for being 5'5

BaLLiN
03-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Im pretty sure we talked about this at least a year ago, he's been between RB and WR, so in a way that along with amazing speed make him similar to chris johnson. Its very possible he has the fastest 40 ever, but the question is will LSU play him enough to allow him to be noticed?

Javzz
03-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Don't know if he'll ever try the NFL waters or even finish his career at LSU.. He has a hell of a future in track ahead of him.

A lot of people don't notice exactly how ridiculously good of a runner Trindon is. Definately not just a straight line speed guy. He has some crazy moves and a REAL low center of gravity. I've seen him break tackles from much bigger players multiple times. Hell, I've even seen him (or at least attempt) lower his head and drive into contact. If he was in a WV like offense he could do some major damage IMO.

kwilk103
03-20-2008, 11:47 PM
wow, he is real small

i've stood next to devine who is like 5'6 175, and thought he was small; hes at least very strong for his size though

he has 20 lbs on holliday

FA1
03-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Good point with Roscoe..... He is 5'9 163 on a good day.... I dont want to see him get drilled on a kick return.

hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de1aMu2pDOg

and one of my faves of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKknaWEln9w

which inspired one of my favorite quotes of all time: "He looked like Mr. Potato Head when all his parts fell off." -Lorenzo Booker

youcandoit1687
03-21-2008, 12:09 AM
Trindon and Xavier Carter(One of the fastest men in the US/World in the 100 and 400) raced last year and Trindon was winning for something like first 50 meters of a 100 meter race and Carter said that it actually made him run faster because Holliday was so fast in accelerating for the first half of the race that Carter sped up and then his long legs(6'3 tall) took over and he won...but Carter said that was the fastest acceleration he's ever seen.

As for the hits, my theory is that Trindon is so small that defenders can't land a solid body blow but I've never seen him get the wind blown out or anything like that.

As for the NFL, it's very hard to say, he'd be more likely to have a career in Track & Field.

DragonFireKai
03-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Because they still had 3 other backs taking production. Not to mention they actually had a passing game. It wasn't a one dimensional team like KState was when Sproles was there. And please never say Sproles was a GREAT back.

His Junior year, Sproles rushed for 1,986 yards and 16 TDs, recieving another 287 yards and 2 TDs. He did with only 45% of KSU's carries that season.

Last season, Williams and Hester combined for 1,581 yards and 18 TDs. They caught another 219 yards, and 2 TDs. They did so while accounting for 48% of LSU's carries.

Williams and Hester averaged 5.4 yards per carry, Sproles averaged 6.5 ypc. Sproles was a Heisman Finalist. Neither of LSU's backs were even Doak Walker finalists. Sproles is 11th all time in rushing yards, despite only playing 3 seasons, and 6th in all purpose yards. He led the nation in rushing in 2003. He was a great back, and there's no way you can deny it.

Wyndham
03-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Someone will draft this speed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxQls1JNwI&feature=related

JT Jag
03-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Someone will draft this speed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxQls1JNwI&feature=relatedJust to make the record clear: That's 35 yards in 6 seconds and change, moving sideways and weaving through traffic.

energizerbunny
03-22-2008, 12:28 PM
His Junior year, Sproles rushed for 1,986 yards and 16 TDs, recieving another 287 yards and 2 TDs. He did with only 45% of KSU's carries that season.

Last season, Williams and Hester combined for 1,581 yards and 18 TDs. They caught another 219 yards, and 2 TDs. They did so while accounting for 48% of LSU's carries.

Williams and Hester averaged 5.4 yards per carry, Sproles averaged 6.5 ypc. Sproles was a Heisman Finalist. Neither of LSU's backs were even Doak Walker finalists. Sproles is 11th all time in rushing yards, despite only playing 3 seasons, and 6th in all purpose yards. He led the nation in rushing in 2003. He was a great back, and there's no way you can deny it.

I agree 100% its comical that people are comparing backs like Williams (who hasn't done anything yet) and Hester to a college legend like Sproles. People forget that he and Ell Roberson lead a inferior talented team into the big 12 championship that year and upset the unbeaten Sooners almost de-railing their NC hopes.
Very few backs that make the pro-bowl can claim they had a better collegiate career then Sproles.

As for Holliday I think he'll be fine as a returner, 165 would be a good weight for him and it is really hard to square up and get a really good hit on a guy who is that much smaller then the norm. The dude hits full stride in only a couple of steps and can change direction on a dime... I find it very hard to believe after all the value placed on returners in the past couples of years he isn't atleast drafted.

As for his track career it may be stalled and he may not have much more potential, he is a 60 M specialist and to my knowledge the Olympics does not have a 60 M event. Although he is a incredibly fast I don't think he would be able to compete for a medal in the 100 or 200 M due to size restrictions and being a shorter strider.

GermanSaint
03-22-2008, 12:32 PM
these guys usually arent the best returners , mostly because of a lack of vision , but as a gunner i can see him being vince papale-ish :D

Staubach12
03-22-2008, 02:14 PM
You can't deny that the kid is fun to watch. He looks like a kid out there.

Not to mention, he's got heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNeziVgmApo

Staubach12
03-22-2008, 02:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxQls1JNwI&feature=related

It's mind-blowing.

neko4
03-22-2008, 02:23 PM
holiday is mind bottling

Addict
03-22-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxQls1JNwI&feature=related