PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Could Be Heading To Big D.

SaintsFanForLife
03-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says he wants his off-season moves to make people say “wow.”

He may be close to a trade that would do just that.

Citing unnamed NFL sources, Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that the Cowboys are attempting to acquire suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, and that trade talks between the teams are intensifying to the point that one person close to the talks predicts a deal could be completed in the next week.

As compensation for Pacman, Dallas would send the Titans a mid-round draft pick, Schefter reports.

Kurve
03-20-2008, 09:03 PM
i dont care how late of a pick they give dallas getting pacman would be a big mistake could cost them in the end ...i dont think there is a bigger thug or punk in the nfl then pac man and he wont change and hasnt.

regoob2
03-20-2008, 09:31 PM
That would be a big time signing for them, say what you want pacman is a stud corner.

vidae
03-20-2008, 09:37 PM
There comes a time when you can't overlook character issues and there are more important things than how well someone can cover a receiver.

For Pacman, that time has come and gone.

andyjo672
03-20-2008, 09:39 PM
That would be a big time signing for them, say what you want pacman is a stud corner.

When he's actually on the field...

When he eventually ends up in prison the only thing he'll be "covering" is his cornhole.

OzTitan
03-20-2008, 09:41 PM
I don't know, it has been fairly obvious to me which ever team trades for him will end up getting a reformed Adam Jones who turns out to be a multi pro bowl shut down CB with elite PR skills. Seems about right - Titans put up with all his BS and he flourishes elsewhere.

d34ng3l021
03-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Who knows. Maybe he will cause trouble wherever he goes. Thats what I am kind of hoping for Hall. ;)

andyjo672
03-20-2008, 09:44 PM
I don't know, it has been fairly obvious to me which ever team trades for him will end up getting a reformed Adam Jones who turns out to be a multi pro bowl shut down CB with elite PR skills. Seems about right - Titans put up with all his BS and he flourishes elsewhere.

I'm not trying to start an arguement but what has he done to actually prove he's reformed? He represents everything that is wrong with professional athletes in this day and age to a level that he almost becomes a charicature of self-absorbed, punk athletes.

D-Unit
03-20-2008, 09:44 PM
i dont care how late of a pick they give dallas getting pacman would be a big mistake could cost them in the end ...i dont think there is a bigger thug or punk in the nfl then pac man and he wont change and hasnt.
What exactly would it "cost" the Cowboys?

andyjo672
03-20-2008, 09:48 PM
What exactly would it "cost" the Cowboys?

Cohesion in the locker room and stability are the things that come to mind for me. They're already a very good team, there is no need to risk creating any distractions. That's how I feel at least.

bored of education
03-20-2008, 09:48 PM
If they give up a 5th and IF Pacman comes back 40% mentally there its a frigging steal

regoob2
03-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Cohesion in the locker room and stability are the things that come to mind for me. They're already a very good team, there is no need to risk creating any distractions. That's how I feel at least.
Does pacman have locker room problems though? He's just an idiot off the field. Risk/reward wise its definetly worth it.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-20-2008, 09:53 PM

TO was supposed to destroy the locker room, but hasn't.

Talent trumps Character

DeathbyStat
03-20-2008, 09:54 PM
This team won super bowls with Nate Newton and Micheal Irvin they can handle Pac Man's antics.

BeerBaron
aye, for a mid round pick i think this is a brilliant move on the cowboys part. he can be a stud cb/returner when he gets on the field...if he gets on the field....

if i were the cowboys, id at least wait to see when/if his suspension gets lifted.

and if theres one franchise who can win with crooks, its the cowboys. i dont think anyone they ever had was quite this bad but to win superbowls with guys like mike irvin around....well, theyve shown its doable. and theyve kept TO shut up and theyve kept tank johnson out of trouble for a year

andyjo672
Does pacman have locker room problems though? He's just an idiot off the field. Risk/reward wise its definetly worth it.

I guess I could just see it turning into a media circus, especially with the Cowboys being so widely covered by the national media. In the event that anything happened, inside or outside the lockerroom, the team would be bombarded with questions and prodded about it at no end. And no matter what, I think any situation like that negatively affects a team.

OzTitan
03-20-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm not trying to start an arguement but what has he done to actually prove he's reformed? He represents everything that is wrong with professional athletes in this day and age to a level that he almost becomes a charicature of self-absorbed, punk athletes.

He's done nothing per se (well, except doing nothing that is :P), I'm just saying that's probably what will happen. Ever since the first few incidents in 06 I knew his days as a Titan were numbered (evidently in the 100's) and that he'd probably mature and flourish with a new team. Some players need a stop or two to reach their potential. It would be fitting for the Titans to burn a top 10 pick on Jones, put up with his crap for 2 years, and then trade him off the instant he is actually ready to grow up and become a truely elite player.

D-Unit
03-20-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm still a little skeptical that this even happens. I'll wait for it to happen before sticking up for the move.

regoob2
03-20-2008, 10:05 PM
I guess I could just see it turning into a media circus, especially with the Cowboys being so widely covered by the national media. In the event that anything happened, inside or outside the lockerroom, the team would be bombarded with questions and prodded about it at no end. And no matter what, I think any situation like that negatively affects a team.
A media circus is what Jerry Jones seems to want though.

andyjo672
03-20-2008, 10:07 PM
A media circus is what Jerry Jones seems to want though.

That is very true. Touche my man.

badgerbacker
03-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Go for it Jerry. I don't see Pacman ever playing in the NFL again, so he's basically throwing away draft picks in my opinion if he does it.

Burns336
03-20-2008, 11:01 PM
That mid-late round draft pick wouldn't even make the Cowboys roster this year.

They have very few positions that rookies will actually have a chance at, but corner is one of them. The fact that they are in the 2nd worst cap position also means that the team is pretty much set where it's at right now.

As far as being a locker room cancer, I'm pretty sure everyone on the Titans defense said they loved Pacman and wanted him back. Much the same with Tank Johnson. It was their off the field troubles that were the problems.

As a Cowboys fan, I hope we bring him in. I've read that he is prepared to restructure his deal to be incentive based in order to keep any interested teams feeling good about him.

It's a very low risk, very high reward situation.

BaLLiN
03-20-2008, 11:14 PM
I have to admitt, this would really improve their team as far as talent. They were kindof lacking on Sp teams, when crayton is returning punts, im not saying he's horrible, you know something has to be changed.

I dont think dallas should do this, but i think they probably will, they can take a chance without really risking much. Its not like they'd be reliant on Pacman, they could kick him out at any time...

Cashmoney
03-20-2008, 11:19 PM
If they give up a 5th and IF Pacman comes back 40% mentally there its a frigging steal

If the Titans get any thing higher than a 6th for him, it's a steal for us IMO.

fenikz
03-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Seems about right - Titans put up with all his BS and he flourishes elsewhere.

Hey you just about described every Cardinals player ever up until like 04'

Thunder&Lightning
03-20-2008, 11:42 PM
this would be nasty. IMO pacman has learned his lesson obviously because of my sig. but when playing hes top 5 corners in the league and top 3 punt return man in the league. What ever team gets him is getting a steal.

kwilk103
03-20-2008, 11:43 PM
dallas also has a good support system in place with calvin hill

good move

Cashmoney
03-20-2008, 11:45 PM
this would be nasty. IMO pacman has learned his lesson obviously because of my sig. but when playing hes top 5 corners in the league and top 3 punt return man in the league. What ever team gets him is getting a steal.

http://www.farfromneutral.com/exodus/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/o_rly.jpg

That's all news to me.

yourfavestoner
03-21-2008, 12:50 AM
I would be so happy if this happened. Bring back Pacman!

PalmerToCJ
03-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Well worth the risk in my eyes.

TitanHope
03-21-2008, 02:16 AM
March 20, 2008
According to RotoTimes sources, Pacman Jones and the Cowboys have agreed to terms on a deal that would allow the talented defensive back/special teamer to play in Dallas this season. The Titans gave Jones and his agent permission to seek a trade, but at this point there are no definitive or confirmed terms to report. While Jones and the Cowboys may have agreed to compensation between the two parties, Jerry Jones and Tennessee have to reach an agreement as well. Stay tuned.

http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player/5769/notes

Apparently, the trade would be for a conditional 2nd Day pick based on Pac's performance on the field, conduct off the field, and the condition of his reinstatement determines if the trade goes through.

The Legend
03-21-2008, 03:36 AM
so what do you guys think it will cost?
5th Round Pick or 6th Round Pick
i just cant see anything earlyer then that

Dam8610
03-21-2008, 03:41 AM
so what do you guys think it will cost?
5th Round Pick or 6th Round Pick
i just cant see anything earlyer then that

5th that can become a 4th (maybe 3rd?) if everything goes perfect sounds about right.

bantx
03-21-2008, 04:14 AM
if this happens dallas is on the good end, they have nothing to lose. They draft a cb and pick up a elite cb its a win win situation

LonghornsLegend
03-21-2008, 04:23 AM
This is a move ive been hoping for since its happened, I cant remember the last time Dallas signed a problem child/thug/cancer and it actually blew up in their face and destroyed team chemistry, can anyone else? Not to say Pacman doesnt have his problems but the upside you cant overlook, its a mid/late rd pick and his deal has already been talked about which would be incentive based just like the Tank Johnson deal, if he gets arrested in week 2 we didnt lose any money or a high pick.

The plus side is he would instantly become our punt returner which we need, and he doesnt have to get thrown into the starting lineup, he can be a nickel guy behind Henry and Newman until he's back into football shape or playing at a high level...Mix in the fact that corner is our weakest position on the team and we only have 2 guys there, we could use a young talented guy like him...I dont think it stops us from drafting a corner in the 1st rd honestly, Pacman isnt enough to make you forget about drafting someone especially with Henry's situation no telling how many more years he plays.

M.O.T.H.
03-21-2008, 04:31 AM
This is a move ive been hoping for since its happened, I cant remember the last time Dallas signed a problem child/thug/cancer and it actually blew up in their face and destroyed team chemistry, can anyone else? Not to say Pacman doesnt have his problems but the upside you cant overlook, its a mid/late rd pick and his deal has already been talked about which would be incentive based just like the Tank Johnson deal, if he gets arrested in week 2 we didnt lose any money or a high pick.

The plus side is he would instantly become our punt returner which we need, and he doesnt have to get thrown into the starting lineup, he can be a nickel guy behind Henry and Newman until he's back into football shape or playing at a high level...Mix in the fact that corner is our weakest position on the team and we only have 2 guys there, we could use a young talented guy like him...I dont think it stops us from drafting a corner in the 1st rd honestly, Pacman isnt enough to make you forget about drafting someone especially with Henry's situation no telling how many more years he plays.

Quincy Carter/Antonio Bryant come to mind.

LonghornsLegend
03-21-2008, 04:34 AM

Werent those guys drafted? Im talking about bringing in a guy thats already a cancer, not drafting one and them turning into one.

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 04:35 AM
They didn't arrive through FA.

I'm still waiting for official word before I set off the fireworks. BUT I am DAMN EXCITED about the news!!!!

M.O.T.H.
03-21-2008, 04:36 AM
You said signed, you do sign your draft picks. It's the same thing...they go through all the same processes. Their problems were known before they got here.

I'm okay w/ this as long as we still draft a 1st/2nd round CB...depending upon if we move up for D-Mac or not. I dont have any faith in him staying behave. We'd obviously need a capable player that can step right in, at any time. The higher the pick, the better. You gotta love his talent but, the man is a punk. T.O./Tank are one thing...this is an entirely different beast.

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 04:47 AM
You said signed, you do sign your draft picks. It's the same thing...they go through all the same processes. Their problems were known before they got here.
They knew Quincy was a crack head? Wow. I didn't know they knew that when they drafted him.

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 04:48 AM
Yeah, but now you know where LL was coming from. He meant sign as in FA. So your response is not related to his point.

M.O.T.H.
03-21-2008, 04:53 AM
Yeah, but now you know where LL was coming from. He meant sign as in FA. So your response is not related to his point.

Yeah, I knew where he was coming from but, it is relative. They do go through all the same processes, and Quincy was known to be immature and he did have a drug record that was known. He was put in the rehabilitation program in his rookie season. I'm just saying, we've made bad judgements before. Pacman may never learn. I'm obviously a little worried here and I think I have a good reason to be.

The Legend
03-21-2008, 05:08 AM
Titans should see how much they can get for him if not much keep him, maybe see how he plays in the 1st 5 weeks of the season then trade him his stock should go up if he plays good, if he doesnt trade him

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 05:24 AM
Yeah, I knew where he was coming from but, it is relative. They do go through all the same processes, and Quincy was known to be immature and he did have a drug record that was known. He was put in the rehabilitation program in his rookie season. I'm just saying, we've made bad judgements before. Pacman may never learn. I'm obviously a little worried here and I think I have a good reason to be.
Quincy and Bryant never became real problems... outside of them not being very good players. They had problems, but they never caused any significant detriment to the team... like something that brought the rest of the team down. Seriously... if there is one thing you should have learned, it should be that Jerry doesn't let players who become a distraction to the team stick around.

TitanHope
03-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Right now, it seems Dallas and Detroit are the only serious teams who are attempting to trade for Jones.

Dallas may be in the best position to make the best offer. A 4th RD pick in the Draft would have trouble making the 'Boys' roster, where a talent like PacMan could and would be a good value. I'd accept a 4th RD pick as a Titans fan who's tired of dealing with Pac, but I wouldn't be opposed to a conditional shift to a 3rd RD pick pending Pac's production and behavior. A game-changing Punt Returner alone is worth a 3rd RD pick, let alone him being a great Corner. Of course, if it's a conditional pick, it will be in the '09 Draft and not this year's. And if we're talking about trading for picks in a Draft that is two Drafts away, that original '09 4th RD pick has the value of a '08 5th RD pick.

Detroit apparently wants PacMan, but I don't think they could win a bidding war with Jerry Jones; especially to win a damaged good like Pac. The only way I see Detroit landing PacMan is if they traded us their 1st RD pick at #15 for our #24, PacMan, and probably a 3rd RD pick, but I dunno the values off the top of my head so don't flame me. A dream scenario for Titans fans is if Detroit offers Roy Williams in exchange for our 2nd RD pick and PacMan. But I doubt that happens.

I'd prefer a trade with Dallas along the line of this:

Dallas receives: Pick #54 (Titans), Adam "PacMan" Jones (Titans)
Titans receive: Pick #61 (Dallas), Pick #92 (Dallas)

Essentially, the Titans trade their 2nd RDer and PacMan for Dallas' 2nd and 3rd RDers. The combined value of Dallas' picks amount to 424. The Titans' 2nd RD pick's value amounts to 360, which means in order for the trade to be fair, PacMan's value equals 64. That's equivelant to the 115th pick in the Draft, which is in the middle of the 4th RD. It's fair and it works for both teams, in my opinion. PacMan has "Draft Day Trade" written all over him.

Cashmoney
03-21-2008, 11:11 AM
If this goes down I definitely want a pick in this year's draft for him.

bigbluedefense
03-21-2008, 11:30 AM
its a high risk high reward type of deal. it can pay off big time, but it can also destroy a lockerroom.

i have a feeling it works for them. but im not sure if the initial media circus will be easy to overcome.

this move gives Jerry the green light to go after DMac. should be interesting.

bigbluedefense
03-21-2008, 11:38 AM
i honestly think the cowboys are just better off avoiding distractions and drafting a CB. theyre almost there anyway, why roll the dice when you don't need to?

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 12:44 PM
i honestly think the cowboys are just better off avoiding distractions and drafting a CB. theyre almost there anyway, why roll the dice when you don't need to?
Based off talent alone, I'm not sure there is a better cb in the draft. Pacman gives us that fast twitch compact corner that can keep up with the Wes Welkers, Steve Smiths and Santana Moss' of the world. We've had trouble keeping smaller receivers in check and with Pacman, we'd have that guy.

Burns336
03-21-2008, 12:58 PM

We only have Newman, Henry, and Ball on the roster right now. Pacman doesn't necessarily eliminate the need to draft a CB. There is no guarantee that he would stay out of trouble. We would be in a season ending hole if we were going to rely solely on Pacman and he got suspended.

Henry has been injured every year since being a Cowboy and I would bank on it happening again. Looking into the future, my guess would be that Henry is gone after this season anyways. I think it would be good to get Pacman and draft a guy too.

In fact, it's probably necessary.

03-21-2008, 01:23 PM
The acquisition of Pacman would solidify Dallas with arguably a top 5 secondary. If only Roy was any good.

Burns336
03-21-2008, 01:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3305060&POLL330=100000000000000000000000000000000000

ESPN, or more specifically, Ed Warder's take on the whole thing.

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 02:16 PM
No surprise that the Patriots are interested. They know how to win.

Cashmoney
03-21-2008, 02:23 PM
All this Pacman love makes me sick. If I ever saw him again I'd be tempted to deck his ass for setting our franchise back just because he enjoys being a wicked douche. I'd definitely deck Floyd Reese for drafting him as well.

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 02:28 PM
All this Pacman love makes me sick. If I ever saw him again I'd be tempted to deck his ass for setting our franchise back just because he enjoys being a wicked douche. I'd definitely deck Floyd Reese for drafting him as well.
I take it you bought one of these and now can't return it?

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/pacman-hat.jpg

Turtlepower
03-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Pacman really doesn't deserve this much publicity. People do have to find it interesting that the two most despised teams in the NFL are courting Pacman.

Cashmoney
03-21-2008, 02:31 PM
I take it you bought one of these and now can't return it?

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/pacman-hat.jpg

Negative. I've never been a Pacman fan. I wanted Antrel Rolle. I've never been and never will be a Punkman supporter.

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Who could hate the inspiration behind this game???? Now really...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=snibbe/070302

Cashmoney
03-21-2008, 02:41 PM

A guy who's team could've had Demarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, or Derrick Johnson instead.

D-Unit
03-21-2008, 02:50 PM
A guy who's team could've had Demarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, or Derrick Johnson instead.
I need to thank the Titans for that.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

badgerbacker
03-21-2008, 02:51 PM

That's awesome. He's "makin' it rain" on Ms. Pacman at the end. Perfect.

Ness
03-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Reformed? I doubt it. Guys that usually get in as much trouble as Pac Man does, usually keep getting in trouble. Tennessee did the right thing by getting rid of him.

PACKmanN
03-21-2008, 04:03 PM
with this year have deep players in the position of needs for the Titians, this should be the year to let him go.

GB12
03-21-2008, 07:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3305060 This lists the Lions as a possibility. Oh man, can you imagine the **** Pacman would get into in Detroit

Cashmoney
03-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Reformed? I doubt it. Guys that usually get in as much trouble as Pac Man does, usually keep getting in trouble. Tennessee did the right thing by getting rid of him.

It hasn't happened yet.

Ness
03-21-2008, 09:05 PM
It hasn't happened yet.

Excuse me. They'd be doing the right thing by getting rid of him.

SweatThePipe
03-22-2008, 04:45 AM
Hey D Unit, would you please quit posting so much!?

I am frustrated beyond belief!

M.O.T.H.
03-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Millen said they will not make a bid for him.

Geo
03-22-2008, 11:55 AM
I wonder if we're not watching a re-run here, considering the last time a championship-caliber head coach left the Cowboys and Jerruh was left in charge to his own devices. The product on the field worsened while the issues and incidents off the field increased. Maybe next year they can sign Chris Henry of the Bengals, he's so talented.

Addict
03-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Millen said they will not make a bid for him.

mainly because if he would Marinelli would assist the countless Lions fans in lynching him.

TitanHope
03-22-2008, 06:06 PM
"We want to go to an established team with good infrastructure and leadership," Arora told Werder. "Both the Cowboys and Patriots have veteran coaches who have been through these kinds of things before, good player liaisons and mentoring, and if you have those things and a winning program, then I think all these problems go away."

"All of Adam's issues have been offseason issues, not team issues."

Lol! As if it's the Titans fault that PacMan is a dumbass? Please, the only reason PacMan is with the Titans is because of Jeff Fisher giving him grace and chances. As for players leadership and such, well, it's a good thing we don't have the NFL Player's Association's Player's President in Kevin Mawae on our team and countless other vets from proven, winning teams on our roster, or else that'd just seem foolish.

Oh, and as for only having "off-season" issues, that's not true. He didn't play a game during the regular season last year. That in itself is an issue. And before that, he's had conflict with players, most notably being Albert Haynesworth and Keith Bulluck. The players on the team only like him when he's a contributing member of the team. They could care less about him when he becomes the pimple on society's butt. They're just disciplined enough to refrain from saying, "I hate PacMan Jones," to the evening news or ESPN. Oh, and all of that doesn't include argument with coaches and officials. And lets not forget when he decked Kellen Winslow Jr. during a game in college...yeah, totally no evidence of on-feild issues.

Give me a break. The team that trades for PacMan gets a good player...for one season. And I think that's generous. He hasn't played for a year, and if he's as careless with his future by having so many run ins with the law, I wonder how good of shape he's in. And like his law problems, I bet he thinks he'll just use his natural talent to save his sorry tail. But, just incase he can be a contributing member to the team, it'll only be until he's acquainted himself with the local club scene and strip clubs. The dude f***ing' went to a strip club before his meeting with Roger Goodell! Does anyone in their right mind think he'll go to another location and suddenly change the behavior he's displayed time and time again over the past 3 years? Especially when he now knows that another team will just gamble on him like the Cowboys did?

The only thing better than actually tricking some greedy team into trading for PacMan is having him re-instated by Goodell only to be suspended for an extended length of time by Fisher.

kalbears13
03-23-2008, 12:01 AM
The only Big D Pacman will be getting will be in prison.

bigbluedefense
03-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Based off talent alone, I'm not sure there is a better cb in the draft. Pacman gives us that fast twitch compact corner that can keep up with the Wes Welkers, Steve Smiths and Santana Moss' of the world. We've had trouble keeping smaller receivers in check and with Pacman, we'd have that guy.

but you can easily draft a CB, and move Newman in the slot against those type of WRs against 3 WR sets. thats almost as effective with half the drama.

granted, Pacman is an amazing talent and can be a potential steal, but the media circus that will come with him can hinder a team's focus. look at TO, his first year in Dallas was a circus, Pacman will bring the same drama with him.

theres also a saying, too many chiefs, not enough indians. The Cowboys would be flirting dangerously with that saying if they make this move. if you play with fire long enough, you'll eventually get burned.

i don't think this move needs to be done, considering youre almost there as is, and with a solid draft and drafting a CB, you can address the biggest problem on your team with none of the drama.

And yes, I realize that Henry is getting up in age and Newman's contract is up soon, so having 2 CBs is great leverage, but you don't need to worry about that so soon. Even if you wanted, you can draft 2 CBs either with both 1sts, or 1 1st and a 2nd.

Its an awfully risky move. If I were the Cowboys, Id stay away, but if it does work out and you do make this move, then you can say Jerry has gorilla sized balls, bc this move is ballsy.

ks_perfection
03-23-2008, 09:32 PM
I don't see what the big risk is. If Pacman doesn't get reinstated or gets into trouble again and suspended all the Cowboys lose is a 2nd day draft choice. Given his talent and the fact that he proven he can play at a very high level its not a bad investment. You could draft a 1st round corner, but its maybe 50/50 he'll be a bust, even if he is a good one he won't be at pacmans level and he won't be at his best for atlaset a season.

Pacman is a thug and a big liability to get suspended again, but he's not a cancer. He's not going to tear the team apart and the Cowboys won't get bogged down cause of the media attention. They got TO who was actually a locker room problem and things were fine. Their used to getting alot of scrutiny and attention already.

BaLLiN
03-23-2008, 09:36 PM
cowboys would be scary, i dont think pacman will learn his lesson though...

Cashmoney
03-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't see what the big risk is. If Pacman doesn't get reinstated or gets into trouble again and suspended all the Cowboys lose is a 2nd day draft choice. Given his talent and the fact that he proven he can play at a very high level its not a bad investment. You could draft a 1st round corner, but its maybe 50/50 he'll be a bust, even if he is a good one he won't be at pacmans level and he won't be at his best for atlaset a season.

Pacman is a thug and a big liability to get suspended again, but he's not a cancer. He's not going to tear the team apart and the Cowboys won't get bogged down cause of the media attention. They got TO who was actually a locker room problem and things were fine. Their used to getting alot of scrutiny and attention already.

See TitanHope's post above. He is a problem in the lockerroom.

LonghornsLegend
03-23-2008, 10:01 PM
but you can easily draft a CB, and move Newman in the slot against those type of WRs against 3 WR sets. thats almost as effective with half the drama.

granted, Pacman is an amazing talent and can be a potential steal, but the media circus that will come with him can hinder a team's focus. look at TO, his first year in Dallas was a circus, Pacman will bring the same drama with him.

theres also a saying, too many chiefs, not enough indians. The Cowboys would be flirting dangerously with that saying if they make this move. if you play with fire long enough, you'll eventually get burned.

i don't think this move needs to be done, considering youre almost there as is, and with a solid draft and drafting a CB, you can address the biggest problem on your team with none of the drama.

And yes, I realize that Henry is getting up in age and Newman's contract is up soon, so having 2 CBs is great leverage, but you don't need to worry about that so soon. Even if you wanted, you can draft 2 CBs either with both 1sts, or 1 1st and a 2nd.

Its an awfully risky move. If I were the Cowboys, Id stay away, but if it does work out and you do make this move, then you can say Jerry has gorilla sized balls, bc this move is ballsy.

Yea but we always hear that, everytime Jerry signs a guy like this we hear how bad it could end up and its better to stay away, but traditionally Jerry has gone after guys he wanted and its worked out...Worst case scenario is he gets arrested and cut, I dont really see how thats holding the team back, he wont have alot of money tied into his contract and were probably going to draft a corner in round 1 either way.

The Pats have been doing this lately too and signing problem childs and taking risk and its worked for them so far, obviously Pacman's past doesnt scare them away because they are interested, if we dont sign him someone else will, and seeing as how we need a db badly and he openly said he wants to play here its a no brainer...Ive already posed the question, and I cant remember the last time Dallas signed a FA and it the team imploded because of it, or the team fell apart, people always talk about it, but were still waiting for TO to implode and ruin our team chemistry(after all, consensus was thats what was happening when he came here, it was inevitable, and he was bound to tear the team chemistry up).

OzTitan
03-24-2008, 01:43 AM
See TitanHope's post above. He is a problem in the lockerroom.

I don't know about that. That AH and KB stuff was after they both put their 2 cents in on Pacman's rookie contract holdout, which IMO they had no business doing. Bulluck was mature enough to back down and put it behind him and move on becoming almost a big brother figure for Adam, Albert apparently wasn't mature enough and clearly doesn't like Adam.

I don't agree he is a lockroom concern. The problem in 05 was Fisher created a division because he gave preferable treatment to Jones - a lot of other players on the team would have been disciplined where Jones wasn't. It was a problem for the Titans in general before Jones came too - Fisher had fallen into a rut of minimal competition for starting roles and clear biases for some players (*cough* Peter Sirmon *cough*). It's amazing how many Titans veterans went from being a starter one season, to not even an NFL player the next (and it wasn't due to voluntary retirement) when Fisher finally started cleaning up his act and introduced real starter competitions.

Now, that basically means Jones' off-field antics can be a lockerroom issue, yes, but Fisher was partly to blame and at this point in his career, any more such antics and he won't be part of a lockerroom anyway because he'll be banned for life, so I don't think he's a concern. I think in 06 when it seemed like he put all that behind him you'll find he was a well liked and popular on the team, and somewhat a leader of the defense on the field. Obviously we can't know for sure how the players perceived him but it wasn't like he was making remarks after losses or fighting with teammates on the sidelines or anything, his issues were exclusively off the field (and mostly in offseasons).

Cashmoney
03-24-2008, 12:23 PM
I don't know about that. That AH and KB stuff was after they both put their 2 cents in on Pacman's rookie contract holdout, which IMO they had no business doing. Bulluck was mature enough to back down and put it behind him and move on becoming almost a big brother figure for Adam, Albert apparently wasn't mature enough and clearly doesn't like Adam.

I don't agree he is a lockroom concern. The problem in 05 was Fisher created a division because he gave preferable treatment to Jones - a lot of other players on the team would have been disciplined where Jones wasn't. It was a problem for the Titans in general before Jones came too - Fisher had fallen into a rut of minimal competition for starting roles and clear biases for some players (*cough* Peter Sirmon *cough*). It's amazing how many Titans veterans went from being a starter one season, to not even an NFL player the next (and it wasn't due to voluntary retirement) when Fisher finally started cleaning up his act and introduced real starter competitions.

Now, that basically means Jones' off-field antics can be a lockerroom issue, yes, but Fisher was partly to blame and at this point in his career, any more such antics and he won't be part of a lockerroom anyway because he'll be banned for life, so I don't think he's a concern. I think in 06 when it seemed like he put all that behind him you'll find he was a well liked and popular on the team, and somewhat a leader of the defense on the field. Obviously we can't know for sure how the players perceived him but it wasn't like he was making remarks after losses or fighting with teammates on the sidelines or anything, his issues were exclusively off the field (and mostly in offseasons).

So you didn't hear about AH and Pacman's off-field skirmish this past season?

bigbluedefense
03-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Yea but we always hear that, everytime Jerry signs a guy like this we hear how bad it could end up and its better to stay away, but traditionally Jerry has gone after guys he wanted and its worked out...Worst case scenario is he gets arrested and cut, I dont really see how thats holding the team back, he wont have alot of money tied into his contract and were probably going to draft a corner in round 1 either way.

The Pats have been doing this lately too and signing problem childs and taking risk and its worked for them so far, obviously Pacman's past doesnt scare them away because they are interested, if we dont sign him someone else will, and seeing as how we need a db badly and he openly said he wants to play here its a no brainer...Ive already posed the question, and I cant remember the last time Dallas signed a FA and it the team imploded because of it, or the team fell apart, people always talk about it, but were still waiting for TO to implode and ruin our team chemistry(after all, consensus was thats what was happening when he came here, it was inevitable, and he was bound to tear the team chemistry up).

That is very true. I think this is similar to the Hall to Giants thing. Its great if it works, but theres this thing in the back of your mind that just scares you a little. Its hard to explain. I know for myself personally, while i loved Hall's talents, I was somewhat relieved we didn't get him. Having a unified strong locker room is so important. I didn't realize how important it was until this season when i saw the Giants transform. Its one of those things you can't measure with stats but shows up in the win/loss column.

OzTitan
03-24-2008, 09:06 PM
So you didn't hear about AH and Pacman's off-field skirmish this past season?

Yes, but AH is hardly a measure of his stance with the whole team, and we don't know what really happened in that incident. Presumed blame goes to Jones as it always does, doesn't mean that's how it went down though.

As I said, AH put his 2 cents in on Pacman's rookie hold out like Bulluck did and never put it behind him. Pacman retaliated to both by saying stuff like "they just don't know what it's like to be drafted early". Keith was mature enough to let it go once he did become a member of the team, and AH was clearly not. Out of all teammates AH is the only one I know who had any visible dislike for Jones really, and it's not very surprising since he basically was Jones himself when he came into the league without the strip club addiction.

bantx
03-25-2008, 10:12 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/yahoolatestnews/stories/032508dnspocowboys.2f9dfc7.html?npc

Pacman comes to town to talk on the michael irvin show on espn-fm to talk to the public

Cashmoney
03-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Congrats Dallas, you're going to have a crackhead mentor Pacman Jones. That's gonna turn out solid. :)

Staubach12
03-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Congrats Dallas, you're going to have a crackhead mentor Pacman Jones. That's gonna turn out solid. :)

Hey, that crackhead played some damn good football.

GB12
03-27-2008, 05:15 PM
The Cowboys have offered a seventh round pick and an unnamed player for Jones.

Staubach12
03-27-2008, 05:17 PM
The Cowboys have offered a seventh round pick and an unnamed player for Jones.

I hope it's not someone valuable.

bearsfan_51
03-27-2008, 05:23 PM
I've gone on record that I hate Pac-man, but if he's reinstated that's an absolute steal for the Cowboys.

The real question is if they would offer him an extension. I believe his contract is over after this season, so do you give him some money to keep him under contract longterm, or do you give him a one year audition and run the chance that he will increase his stock exponentially?

It's probably a moot point anyway, as he'll shoot a stripper the first week he gets back.

Young Legend
03-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Wouldnt be surprise to see this go down then they make a draft day trade to get McFadden.

If the Cowboys get PacMan it makes it more likely they will go after McFadden.

bearsfan_51
03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
The Cowboys simply don't have the ammo to get McFadden, unless he drops past the Jets that is.

Cashmoney
03-27-2008, 05:29 PM
I wonder what player they're offering with the pic. Fasano? Glenn? A LB?

Ware_HITStick
03-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Maybe carpenter or fasano IMO

Cashmoney
03-27-2008, 05:36 PM
I hope it's not Terry Glenn. I feel like that'd be a waste.

Young Legend
03-27-2008, 06:01 PM
The Cowboys simply don't have the ammo to get McFadden, unless he drops past the Jets that is.

You call Al Davis and offer him 2 first round picks and there second and A player..You dont think AL would take it.With all the money Oakland has spent..And now you have to pay a contract for the number 4 pick..

Al Davis will proably be willing to take A not so great deal so he can save money..

M.O.T.H.
03-27-2008, 06:31 PM
It wouldnt be Glenn nor Fasano...both hold too much value.

Wouldnt be surprised if it was Miles Austin.

M.O.T.H.
03-27-2008, 06:38 PM

Both 1sts and their 2nd could get them up to the 4/5 range. They are in a good place to take a gamble like that. JJ thinks Glenn will be back and effective next season so, WR may not be addressed and Pacman covers your nickel needs. This leaves RB as your one, true need. I could see it happening...just need to find someone that wants to move down.

03-27-2008, 06:40 PM
I am sure there are a lot of teams willing to move down with the Raiders being favorites to do so due to money restrictions.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-27-2008, 06:41 PM

If Jerry Jones deems it worthwhile to go after McFadden, you can't believe that he wouldn't be willing to toss future picks into the pot. Any team has enough ammo to move up, they just have to want to do it bad enough.

Cashmoney
03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
It wouldnt be Glenn nor Fasano...both hold too much value.

Wouldnt be surprised if it was Miles Austin.

A 3rd string WR?
I'd pass.

M.O.T.H.
03-27-2008, 07:34 PM
A 3rd string WR?
I'd pass.

He's a guy w/ loads of potential. The player to be named is not going to be a marquee talent. The deal was said to be close, when Dallas offered just a 7th rounder. I wouldnt really expect Dallas to give them a "name" player.

Cashmoney
03-27-2008, 08:28 PM
I was thinking it could be one of Dallas' LB's. Since we're probably going to draft at least one WR if not two, I doubt it'll be Austin.

ChezPower4
03-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Pacman would be a good addition for the Boy's as long as he isn't shooting up strip clubs...

bigbluedefense
03-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Dallas holds all the strings. Tennessee stupidly made it known that they are parting ways with Pacman no matter what. That gives Dallas all the leverage. Considering that theyre the only team interested, and Tennessee already drew themselves into a corner by declaring they don't want to keep him, they basically either have to cut him or trade him for whatever Dallas is willing to offer.

Jerry knows it, Fisher knows it, this was a bad play by the Titans and a great one by the Cowboys. They'll get him for peanuts. Now the real question is whether the gamble will pay off or not. We won't know the answer to that until the end of the upcoming season.

Geo
03-28-2008, 11:42 AM
You might be giving Dallas too much credit, it wouldn't surprise me if they give up more than you think for Adam Jones.

Remember, Jerruh outbid everyone else for TO by a mile, even though he didn't have to.

Ware_HITStick
03-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Make it happen Jerry

Cashmoney
03-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Dallas holds all the strings. Tennessee stupidly made it known that they are parting ways with Pacman no matter what. That gives Dallas all the leverage. Considering that theyre the only team interested, and Tennessee already drew themselves into a corner by declaring they don't want to keep him, they basically either have to cut him or trade him for whatever Dallas is willing to offer.

Jerry knows it, Fisher knows it, this was a bad play by the Titans and a great one by the Cowboys. They'll get him for peanuts. Now the real question is whether the gamble will pay off or not. We won't know the answer to that until the end of the upcoming season.

I want to see proof that Dallas is the only team interested in Jones. Maybe the only team getting media coverage about it, but probably not the only team interested. Secondly, if Tennessee has no leverage how come Dallas has upped it's offer from a 7th to a late round pick with a player?

bearsfan_51
03-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Both 1sts and their 2nd could get them up to the 4/5 range. They are in a good place to take a gamble like that. JJ thinks Glenn will be back and effective next season so, WR may not be addressed and Pacman covers your nickel needs. This leaves RB as your one, true need. I could see it happening...just need to find someone that wants to move down.
If he trades both 1st and a 2nd for McFadden he's a moron, and I like McFadden.

D-Unit
03-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah, that would be terribly stupid. I don't wanna trade up for him at all. I know everyone is caught up on Dallas needing a speed back to compliment Barber, but I think Jonathan Stewart would be a better option.... and that may be the minority opinion, but that's my opinion. You don't need a speed back if you can just pound it out with sheer brute force. Stewart and Barber would simply put on a hurtin' and ram it down people's throats.

As for Pacman, can't wait for the day to arrive when he's lifting up that Cowboys jersey. :D

Geo
03-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Jones is a top 10 corner who can man up ... but one more incident, anywhere even including Super Bowl week, and he's banned for life from the league.

Ware_HITStick
03-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Jones is a top 10 corner who can man up ... but one more incident, anywhere even including Super Bowl week, and he's banned for life from the league.

Which is why we should do it. He comes in for a late pick and we make an incentive based contract. He knows he has to keep clean if he wants to make a good paycheck for his career instead of cleaning bathrooms at a high school

JK17
03-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Which is why we should do it. He comes in for a late pick and we make an incentive based contract. He knows he has to keep clean if he wants to make a good paycheck for his career instead of cleaning bathrooms at a high school

He could always do professional wrestling....

M.O.T.H.
03-28-2008, 02:47 PM

Meh...Dallas has two needs, Pacman fills one and Rb fills the other. Two late 1sts and a late 2nd for Mcfadden doesnt seem that bad too me, condidering that we dont have many spots available on this team. That Browns pick cost us nothing to get...we still got a 1st rounder last season in Spencer...It's kind of like we would only be trading a 1st and a 2nd for him, imo. Besides, Pacman is pretty much the equilivant of a high 1st round corner...You would still be walking away w/ two "elite" talents. W/ little need and a young team, we're in a good position to take a gamble.

Cashmoney
03-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Meh...Dallas has two needs, Pacman fills one and Rb fills the other. Two late 1sts and a late 2nd for Mcfadden doesnt seem that bad too me, condidering that we dont have many spots available on this team. That Browns pick cost us nothing to get...we still got a 1st rounder last season in Spencer...It's kind of like we would only be trading a 1st and a 2nd for him, imo. Besides, Pacman is pretty much the equilivant of a high 1st round corner...You would still be walking away w/ two "elite" talents. W/ little need and a young team, we're in a good position to take a gamble.

If I was the cowboys I'd rather take a chance at getting JStew, another corner, and WR with those first three picks.

M.O.T.H.
03-28-2008, 02:54 PM
If I was the cowboys I'd rather take a chance at getting JStew, another corner, and WR with those first three picks.

Depends how Jerry views the WR situation. We already have 6 guys on the roster and he seems confident that Terry Glenn will be healthy and effective in 08. It could go untouched...this WR crop is iffy at best, anyway. They all have their questions...I wouldnt use a 1st on any of them.

If we dont go for D-Mac...I still hope we go RB and CB at 22 and 28. I dont really want a WR in this draft. It could wait atleast another year and we could learn what we have in some of our young guys. Besides, next year will be a better year for WRs.

Cashmoney
03-28-2008, 02:59 PM
IDK, I think if Devin Thomas went to the Cowboys that would be a great situation for him. It would give him a year or 2 to develop without too much pressure put on him to produce quickly.

Turtlepower
03-28-2008, 03:01 PM
IDK, I think if Devin Thomas went to the Cowboys that would be a great situation for him. It would give him a year or 2 to develop without too much pressure put on him to produce quickly.

I don't think Thomas adds anything new. In fact I find him very similar to Patrick Crayton.

D-Unit
03-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Considering the age of TO and Glenn, and the length of time it takes WRs to develop, I think it would be naive to think WR isn't a position that could stand to be addressed. Also, factor in the fact that the team has no deep threat at WR (and no speed at RB), our offense needs more home run hitting power whether that comes via RB or WR, we need some more speed.

M.O.T.H.
03-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Considering the age of TO and Glenn, and the length of time it takes WRs to develop, I think it would be naive to think WR isn't a position that could stand to be addressed. Also, factor in the fact that the team has no deep threat at WR (and no speed at RB), our offense needs more home run hitting power whether that comes via RB or WR, we need some more speed.

Glenn's starting career is most likely over, going into the season he'll be the #3. Owens and Crayton are the starters now and neither looks to be aging at an alarming rate. Hell, last season was Crayton 1st year as a starter...he's going to get better. Anyway, T.O. may be 34 but, he still plays at an elite level and will surely get a contract extension soon. It's not like we're in a hurry to replace one of these two. Romo is fresh off a 4,000 yard season w/ these very receivers, minus Glenn. Just think what he could do w/ Glenn if he is indeed healthy. I think it is unfair to stick a fork in Terry even though, he has shown that his knee is almost back to full strength. He can be our deep threat again...and we do have guys like Stanbeck and Austin w/ great speed...they should both get their chances to prove themselves as potential deep threats. The WR situation is not nearly as bad as many would lead you to believe. There is a lot of potentialy good receivers on our depth chart, even Sam Hurd looks to be a real solid player, capable of being better than Crayton...there arent many in this draft that will def. add more than what we already have. They should be given an opportunity to show what they can do, imo. I would prefer to take a sit and watch approach w/ the guys we already have and see if it really is a "need" next season...in a year w/ a better draft class.

edit...Even if our guys were to falter this season or T.O. was to go down. W/ multiple Rbs (Mcfadden/Barber) and two great pass catching TEs, you still would have plenty of weapons to perform at a very high level. Garrett just needs to get creative...something he failed to do when T.O. went down last year.

TimD
03-28-2008, 03:41 PM

I think if he gets his act together, he'll be great.

03-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Pacman has played some receiver before. ;)

LonghornsLegend
03-28-2008, 03:42 PM

Thats why I feel like Stewart wont be the choice because we need team speed...I also feel like McFadden will be there at 6 at least, looking at how the 2005 rb class has fared(the 3 in the top 5 at least) I dont think anyone is in a hurry to rush and take a rb anymore because you never know...Our two 1st for McFadden thats my offer, I dont want to do anything more then that.

M.O.T.H.
03-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I love Stewart but, he's not the greatest compliment out there. Stewart should be featured wherever he goes.

D-Unit
03-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I love Stewart but, he's not the greatest compliment out there. Stewart should be featured wherever he goes.
Stewart would be a great compliment or great full time back. He's the best pure RB in the draft.

D-Unit
03-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Thats why I feel like Stewart wont be the choice because we need team speed...I also feel like McFadden will be there at 6 at least, looking at how the 2005 rb class has fared(the 3 in the top 5 at least) I dont think anyone is in a hurry to rush and take a rb anymore because you never know...Our two 1st for McFadden thats my offer, I dont want to do anything more then that.
I beg to differ. What was Stewart's 40 time at the combine again? I mentioned we needed to add speed at WR or RB. But the reality is that speed is much more critical at WR. If you have a power running attack and WRs with deep speed, that's perfection.

D-Unit
03-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Glenn's starting career is most likely over, going into the season he'll be the #3. Owens and Crayton are the starters now and neither looks to be aging at an alarming rate. Hell, last season was Crayton 1st year as a starter...he's going to get better. Anyway, T.O. may be 34 but, he still plays at an elite level and will surely get a contract extension soon. It's not like we're in a hurry to replace one of these two. Romo is fresh off a 4,000 yard season w/ these very receivers, minus Glenn. Just think what he could do w/ Glenn if he is indeed healthy. I think it is unfair to stick a fork in Terry even though, he has shown that his knee is almost back to full strength. He can be our deep threat again...and we do have guys like Stanbeck and Austin w/ great speed...they should both get their chances to prove themselves as potential deep threats. The WR situation is not nearly as bad as many would lead you to believe. There is a lot of potentialy good receivers on our depth chart, even Sam Hurd looks to be a real solid player, capable of being better than Crayton...there arent many in this draft that will def. add more than what we already have. They should be given an opportunity to show what they can do, imo. I would prefer to take a sit and watch approach w/ the guys we already have and see if it really is a "need" next season...in a year w/ a better draft class.

edit...Even if our guys were to falter this season or T.O. was to go down. W/ multiple Rbs (Mcfadden/Barber) and two great pass catching TEs, you still would have plenty of weapons to perform at a very high level. Garrett just needs to get creative...something he failed to do when T.O. went down last year.
If Glenn makes the team, I'll be shocked. How much is he expected to get paid again? If he does make the team, I'm not expecting a 500 yard season out of him. Are you?

bigbluedefense
03-28-2008, 04:38 PM
I thought you guys were big on Stanback? I honestly never understood why bc he's as proven as David Carr at this point in his career.

TitanHope
03-28-2008, 04:44 PM
The Titans aren't in a horrendous position. Fisher has gone on record saying that if no one offers what the Titans are asking for, then they'll keep the PacMan (*sigh*). But, according to whichever news outlet you look to, along with the assumptions one gets, the offerings may range from a 4th RD'er to Bobby Carpenter/7th RD'er to just a 7th RD'er. I, for one, really can't say, and have no clue what's going to happen.

But, what I do know is that when PacMan was suspended, his contract and salary for that season was rolled over to the next year. I'm not privy to his contract details, but I know he is under contract with the Titans for the next 2 years. So it's not a wait one year until Pac becomes a FA, and he schedules a visit to his apparent #1 choice in Dallas.
I do know that dumping a re-instated PacMan is only a win for the organization from a PR standpoint. And Jeff Fisher has stated that he doesn't plan to dump PacMan if he's re-instated, but take that for what it's worth to you.
I do know that PacMan is a 6th Overall pick who can still play, and that the Titans had enough patience to endure his suspension. One would think that they would endure a 6th Overall pick who can play, both physically and literally.
I do know that PacMan was only given permission to seek a trade after a request, and that no "Trade PacMan or Bust!" sign was hung outside of Baptist Sports Park. But the relationships between the organization and player are only speculation.

I actually think the Titans hold the most leverage, as any options besides trading PacMan Jones for a reasonable return and having an active PacMan Jones playing would be a loss for the Titans. So why cut him or trade him for scraps when having him on the roster is better than either?

Paul
03-28-2008, 04:49 PM
I thought you guys were big on Stanback? I honestly never understood why bc he's as proven as David Carr at this point in his career.

Some are (Achilles current man crush), but I'm more skeptical of Stanback. The athleticism is obviously there, but It'd be hard for me to believe that we won't look at a WR in draft just because of him.

And as for the compliment for Barber, I'm still strongly in the Chris Johnson corner.

M.O.T.H.
03-28-2008, 04:59 PM
If Glenn makes the team, I'll be shocked. How much is he expected to get paid again? If he does make the team, I'm not expecting a 500 yard season out of him. Are you?

His contract could be worked with. As for 500 yards? That wouldnt surprise me, if he really was healthy. He did play at the end of the year w/ no pain and was noted as looking smooth in his last few practices. People on here act as though, he can barely walk these days. By training camp he should be pretty close to 100% if all goes as planned.

M.O.T.H.
03-28-2008, 05:05 PM

The coaching staff seems to love him.

D-Unit
03-28-2008, 09:15 PM
His contract could be worked with. As for 500 yards? That wouldnt surprise me, if he really was healthy. He did play at the end of the year w/ no pain and was noted as looking smooth in his last few practices. People on here act as though, he can barely walk these days. By training camp he should be pretty close to 100% if all goes as planned.
He shouldn't be back at training camp. You read too much into practice reports. According to practice reports were the tell all... Stephen Peterman would've stayed with the Cowboys and been a Pro Bowler by now. The guy looked good in practice... means he looks good enough to see game action again.... not that he's the same player. We all know he looked like a has-been when he came back.

Don't be so gullable to those practice reports.... A lot of it is simply "coach talk".

D-Unit
03-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic simply because of his tools. Garrett still needs to play him right in order for him to succeed. He's got a nasty learning curve to catch up on if he wants an NFL career.

D-Unit
03-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Some are (Achilles current man crush), but I'm more skeptical of Stanback. The athleticism is obviously there, but It'd be hard for me to believe that we won't look at a WR in draft just because of him.

And as for the compliment for Barber, I'm still strongly in the Chris Johnson corner.
There's a lot to like and a lot to dislike at RB this year. Here's hoping the Cowboys give me someone I like. Please stay away from Felix Jones!!!