PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Going To This Year's Reach

TheBuffaloBills
03-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Last year, Ted Ginn Jr. at the 9th pick.

2 years ago, Jon McCargo with I believe the 26th pick (He hasnt shown much but he is going to be a beast next to Stroud this year)

Who is going to be this years reach?

keylime_5
03-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Probably one of those OTs that Kansas City might pick at #5: Clady or Otah.

Iamcanadian
03-21-2008, 08:50 AM
There is no proof that Ginn was a reach, that's just the opinion of a lot of guru's not necessarily pro GM's and scouting departments. Ginn will be Miami's #1 WR this coming season as they already dumped Chambers I believe, so Bill Parcells is showing a lot of confidence in Ginn's ability to be his #1 guy and to be a star in the NFL.

Iamcanadian
03-21-2008, 08:51 AM
It will likely be a QB as a lot of teams are desperate and QB's tend to be drafted higher than their talent warrents due to the importance of the position.

Sniper
03-21-2008, 08:52 AM
that's just the opinion of a lot of guru's

Apostrophes are not needed in plural words. Sorry, it's a huge pet peeve of mine.

DeSean Jackson will be a reach anywhere in the first round.

MURPHMAN
03-21-2008, 08:56 AM
I am not sold that Talib is a 1st round talent but he could be taken in the late teens.

BigBlueCrew56
03-21-2008, 08:58 AM
There is no proof that Ginn was a reach, that's just the opinion of a lot of guru's not necessarily pro GM's and scouting departments. Ginn will be Miami's #1 WR this coming season as they already dumped Chambers I believe, so Bill Parcells is showing a lot of confidence in Ginn's ability to be his #1 guy and to be a star in the NFL.

I agree I think Parcells knows he has a better version of Terry Glenn in his prime on his hands.

Jakey
03-21-2008, 08:59 AM
I will probably get blasted for this...BUT...Vernon Gholston

I think he will be an awesome player dont get me wrong, but when players like Demarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman go in the teens and Gholston goes top 5...the value doesnt seem there to me.

But that is likely to do with the lack of great prospects at the top of the draft class...so its a moot point i suppose.

BaLLiN
03-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Aqib Talib, Matt Ryan, Derrick Harvey there all overhyped and overrated IMO and all are probably going to be gone before 20

TyronePoole38
03-21-2008, 10:07 AM

Is Parcell's REALLY showing confidence in Ginn ? There isn't THAT much proof out there to justify that just yet. Just because they didn't get in on the WR's available in FA other than Wilford doesn't mean that they aren't still looking at options. He could pull off a draft day trade for a WR still or he could either draft a WR in the 2nd or trade up into the 1st ahead of Tennessee or Washington to get a guy he really covets as well. ;)

scottyboy
03-21-2008, 10:17 AM
keylime's got it right. The Chiefs will reach on Clady or Otah ala Arizona last year with Levi

Iamcanadian
03-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Is Parcell's REALLY showing confidence in Ginn ? There isn't THAT much proof out there to justify that just yet. Just because they didn't get in on the WR's available in FA other than Wilford doesn't mean that they aren't still looking at options. He could pull off a draft day trade for a WR still or he could either draft a WR in the 2nd or trade up into the 1st ahead of Tennessee or Washington to get a guy he really covets as well. ;)

Bill Parcells operates on a simple system and there can be no doubt that when he unloaded his 2 starting WR's, it was showing an awful lot of confidence in Ginn's ability to be his #1 guy. He may have options but they are all for a #2 WR. If Parcells can find his HC a starting QB, Ginn could have a huge season, but that is a big if.

B-Dawk
03-21-2008, 10:22 AM

I think he will be an awesome player dont get me wrong, but when players like Demarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman go in the teens and Gholston goes top 5...the value doesnt seem there to me.

But that is likely to do with the lack of great prospects at the top of the draft class...so its a moot point i suppose.

i think part of the reason that gholston is so highly rated, is the success that both ware and merriman have had.

Turtlepower
03-21-2008, 10:28 AM
I feel like every year there is a reach for a DT in the first (Harrell in 07 and McCargo in 06). I could see a team like the Broncos drafting Balmer or possibly someone in the top-20 picking Trevor Laws.

lionsfan81
03-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Kentwan Balmer

Iamcanadian
03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
I feel like every year there is a reach for a DT in the first (Harrell in 07 and McCargo in 06). I could see a team like the Broncos drafting Balmer or possibly someone in the top-20 picking Trevor Laws.

Harrell and McCargo will both start this coming season so I'm not sure their picks were a reach even though it surprised people last year. GB unloaded their starting DT Williams just recently opening up a starting spot for Harrell.

The Legend
03-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Justin King

Turtlepower
03-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Harrell and McCargo will both start this coming season so I'm not sure their picks were a reach even though it surprised people last year. GB unloaded their starting DT Williams just recently opening up a starting spot for Harrell.

I'm just stating from the draft standpoint that they were a reach. Not really considering their NFL careers into the equation.

BroadwayJoe10
03-21-2008, 10:40 AM
If we aren't talking about just the first round, I'm going to say Joe Flacco. This kid has been given a lot of hype due to his size and arm strength, but he played our school a number of times and i just didn't come away thinking he was anything special. Obviously the scouts know more than me, but i just see him being draft earlier than his talent dictates.

TheBuffaloBills
03-21-2008, 10:42 AM

It was extremely weird that year for the Bills. In the first round we took Donte Whitner? I am glad we got him now but at the time, I was speechless.

Then we traded back into the first. I thought for sure we would take Winston Justice the OT at that pick because he was falling. Then we took Jon McCargo? I was unfamiliar with him so I looked in the draft magazine and he was listed as a 5th round DT.

Now I am happy with the picks, but those were considered reaches at the time.

TheBuffaloBills
03-21-2008, 10:43 AM
It will likely be a QB as a lot of teams are desperate and QB's tend to be drafted higher than their talent warrents due to the importance of the position.

Colt Brennan?

fischbowl
03-21-2008, 10:45 AM
It was extremely weird that year for the Bills. In the first round we took Donte Whitner? I am glad we got him now but at the time, I was speechless.

Then we traded back into the first. I thought for sure we would take Winston Justice the OT at that pick because he was falling. Then we took Jon McCargo? I was unfamiliar with him so I looked in the draft magazine and he was listed as a 5th round DT.

Now I am happy with the picks, but those were considered reaches at the time.

I remember an certain online convo with SuperKevin that day we got McCargo and both of us being ultimately surprised. I remember a certain away message saying "Watching the Bills take Winston Justice". That was a short lived away message. While it was a reach, it wasn't a bad pick in our budding cover-2 system and he was a player on the fast rise.

To answer your question, I believe Leodis McKelvin will be this year's reach.

TRJ997
03-21-2008, 10:50 AM
The question is: Who will be the Biggest Reach? Not Who will end up being the worst value.

Ginn and McCargo were both big reaches based on where a majority of "experts" opinions. Gholston could possibly be a reach at 1, but anywhere after that is in line with expectations.

I agree that an OT at 5 besides Long would be the big reach.

energizerbunny
03-21-2008, 10:54 AM

again your using forsight, IMO Gholston is a better prospect right now then both of those players... neither of those guys were even talked about in the 1st round until they put up mind boggling measureables. They were both undersized 43 DEs that didn't really have a position.

Gholston has proved himself alot more during the season then both of those playersa and solidified his status after a tremendous offseason.

That said my pick to get over-drafted is Quentin Groves out of Auburn, with so many cover 2 teams looking for a weakside rusher I don't think he'll get out of the 20s.

Michigan
03-21-2008, 11:04 AM
I really don't think Ginn or McCargo were reaches. Ginn was a special athlete and a gamebreaker and McCargo had a lot of potential (which he has lived up to).

The biggest reach that sticks out in my mind is Levi Brown at #5, and whichever non-Jake OT the Chiefs pick at #5 is prolly the biggest reach this year.

Turtlepower
03-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Mike Hart being drafted will be a reach.

The Legend
03-21-2008, 11:10 AM
i hear Chiefs are interested in Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie TOP 5 would be a reach to me

kmartin575
03-21-2008, 11:47 AM

There is no proof that any player named in this thread is a reach. These are all opinions. But I would imagine the most common opinion about Ted Ginn Jr. being taken at #9 is that it was a reach. Doesn't mean it is true but he is still far closer to being a reach than a good pick. Especially when quite a few receivers taken after him had great years, like Dwayne Bowe.

Jakey
03-21-2008, 11:53 AM
again your using forsight, IMO Gholston is a better prospect right now then both of those players... neither of those guys were even talked about in the 1st round until they put up mind boggling measureables. They were both undersized 43 DEs that didn't really have a position.

Gholston has proved himself alot more during the season then both of those playersa and solidified his status after a tremendous offseason.

That said my pick to get over-drafted is Quentin Groves out of Auburn, with so many cover 2 teams looking for a weakside rusher I don't think he'll get out of the 20s.

I see where you are coming from, but Merriman had solid college production and he wasnt undersized (270lbs). Thats more than Gholston weighs.

Iamcanadian
03-21-2008, 12:17 PM
There is no proof that any player named in this thread is a reach. These are all opinions. But I would imagine the most common opinion about Ted Ginn Jr. being taken at #9 is that it was a reach. Doesn't mean it is true but he is still far closer to being a reach than a good pick. Especially when quite a few receivers taken after him had great years, like Dwayne Bowe.

Many all pro WR's didn't breakout until their 3rd season in the league. Rookie stats for players usually only indicate how desperate their team was that they had to start them sooner than other rookies. I wouldn't put too much into rookie stats as a measure of how successful a prospect will become. RB is really the only position were the adjustment to pro ball seems more easy to make although it may still take a few years for a RB to learn how to run pass routes and how to block.

Sniper
03-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Mike Hart being drafted will be a reach.

BLASPHEMY! A team that wants a third down back who will ensure their QB doesn't get blasted will draft Hart. Pass protection+ball security=draft pick.

umphrey
03-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I could see DRC getting reached for, maybe at 7 to NE.

03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
If Leodis McKelvin makes it into the top 10 which I believe will be the case that's gotta be the biggest reach on my list.

GB12
03-21-2008, 01:16 PM
I am a supporter of the Harrell pick since it happened and still am, but you are dead wrong. You're always wrong when you're commenting on the Packers so you might want to just stop. Harrell will not start this season. We traded Williams because we have great depth and a second round pick was worth the trade. Trading him doesn't "open up a starting spot for Harrell" though. Williams wasn't even the starter last year. Ryan Pickett and Johnny Jolly were aour starters last year. Jolly got hurt so Williams finished out the season as the starter, but he wouldn't have had Jolly been able to play. Next year Jolly will be healthy and will be the starter. Harrell will get playing time in our rotation that we utilize frequently, but no he won't be the starter.

keylime_5
03-21-2008, 01:32 PM

This year's draft class is shabby compared to 2004-2007. Gholston wouldn't be a reach in this year's crop considering who else is gonna go top 10.

Turtlepower
03-21-2008, 01:33 PM
This year's draft class is shabby compared to 2004-2007. Gholston wouldn't be a reach in this year's crop considering who else is gonna go top 10.

This is a year about depth, not about elite players. Anyway, it is 10x the draft class of 2005.

vidae
03-21-2008, 01:52 PM
If Jake Long is gone at 5 I bet we reach for Clady. In my opinion, Otah is more of a reach than Clady at 5.

Who knows what Carl Peterson will do! The guy is wacky!

JT Jag
03-21-2008, 02:01 PM
BLASPHEMY! A team that wants a third down back who will ensure their QB doesn't get blasted will draft Hart. Pass protection+ball security=draft pick.OBJECTION! Usually when you draft a runningback, you expect him to... you know... run a bit.

SouthernTitan
03-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Biggest Reach - Titans w/ the 24th pick select Chris Johnson - RB - ECU
Unless they trade down or if Malcolm Kelly is still there.

Cashmoney
03-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Biggest Reach - Titans w/ the 24th pick select Chris Johnson - RB - ECU
Unless they trade down or if Malcolm Kelly is still there.

We will not draft Chris Johnson at 24. I could see us thinking about it in the second round but we have far more pressing needs.

SmarterThanU
03-21-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm going out on a limb and saying Chris Long. I just see his position change as a very tough thing to gauge on film. He was a 3-4 DE in College and is projected as a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB. He didn't play either position. I like his work ethic and motor but really can only gauge him on what I saw at the combine no game film.

The other is Joe Flacco QB Delaware. He is tall and has a rocket for an arm but not much else. I mean who did he play against in College? Now as a second day developmental QB I am all for it. I just feel someone will get wowed by his one good year at Delaware and his size and arm and he goes in round two. Maybe round one. If so a HUGE reach.

Turtlepower
03-21-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm going out on a limb and saying Chris Long. I just see his position change as a very tough thing to gauge on film. He was a 3-4 DE in College and is projected as a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB. He didn't play either position. I like his work ethic and motor but really can only gauge him on what I saw at the combine no game film.

Watch his game film. You will be amazed and know that he is not a reach and will be on-par with his father in the NFL.

badgerbacker
03-21-2008, 02:43 PM
We will not draft Chris Johnson at 24. I could see us thinking about it in the second round but we have far more pressing needs.That's why it would be a reach...

By the way, I think a lot of you have a different definition of reach than I do. A reach has nothing to do with how well the player plays in the NFL, it is simply being drafted ahead of where they were projected. James Jones was a reach for the Packers, and just because he played better than a lot of receivers drafted ahead of him doesn't change the fact that he would have still been available in a later round.

Sniper
03-21-2008, 02:52 PM
OBJECTION! Usually when you draft a runningback, you expect him to... you know... run a bit.

And Mike Hart is a damn good running back. But, looking at where he's projected to be drafted, he'll be a good third down back (5-7 carries per game) and will make sure the QB doesn't get killed.

P-L
03-21-2008, 02:54 PM
I don't really think you can consider a 5th-7th Round pick to be a reach, regardless of who it is.

Turtlepower
03-21-2008, 02:56 PM
I was just making a joke...

Ali Highsmith might be someone who will be reached at.

TyronePoole38
03-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Bill Parcells operates on a simple system and there can be no doubt that when he unloaded his 2 starting WR's, it was showing an awful lot of confidence in Ginn's ability to be his #1 guy. He may have options but they are all for a #2 WR. If Parcells can find his HC a starting QB, Ginn could have a huge season, but that is a big if.

He unloaded Booker. Chambers was traded before he arrived. So that doesn't show anything towards confidence in Ginn.

SmarterThanU
03-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Watch his game film. You will be amazed and know that he is not a reach and will be on-par with his father in the NFL.

I guess I should of went a little more indepth now that I look back at my post.

I think with his motor and work ethic he won't be a bust. Just that he is not an elite pass rusher. I just don't know if he is worth 30 million guaranteed and a 70 million dollar cotract. Well, I truely don't believe any player is worth that much coming out of College. But if you give that kind of green he better be an elite player. I just don't know if he is.

Turtlepower
03-21-2008, 03:07 PM
I guess I should of went a little more indepth now that I look back at my post.

I think with his motor and work ethic he won't be a bust. Just that he is not an elite pass rusher. I just don't know if he is worth 30 million guaranteed and a 70 million dollar cotract. Well, I truely don't believe any player is worth that much coming out of College. But if you give that kind of green he better be an elite player. I just don't know if he is.

He was 2nd in the nation with 14 solo sacks and 14th in TFL.

So is your argument that any player picked #1 is a reach?

energizerbunny
03-21-2008, 03:53 PM
I see where you are coming from, but Merriman had solid college production and he wasnt undersized (270lbs). Thats more than Gholston weighs.

Actaully Merriman was much more undersized then you think, he was listed at 245 his entire Junior season and really did not have a position until he piled on the loads of weight after the season... he wasn't viewed as a first round pick until he showed up at the combine 25 pounds heavier that people starting talking about him as a 1st round pick.

Gholston has been viewed as a 1st round pick before he even ran or lifted in indy.... on game film alone he is a first round pick... which makes him a better prospect then both of the 2005 guys.... however it may be hard to believe now with hindsight at our disposal.

For discusions sake.... Ware was 6'4 232 his final year at Troy
Merriman was 6'4 245...... neither were considered elite until they showed up 20+ pounds heavier and for a comparison it would be like Bruce Davis from UCLA showing up at 260-270 and running sub 4.7 thats what type of prospects these guys..... not in Gholston's league

SpottedCow
03-21-2008, 03:58 PM
I'd go with Limas Sweed. Dude hasn't even had a thousand yard season yet.

Addict
03-21-2008, 04:11 PM
I think that Matt Ryan will be a reach, won't be consensus, but he'll get taken too high because of his position.

Chiefs at five might do the same as Arizona and be forced to reach for a tackle, one guy I think will be reached for is Devin Thomas.

DJC
03-21-2008, 04:15 PM
It'll be the Bills again this year. They'll take Devin Thomas with the #11 pick. He's rising up a lot of teams boards and could be #1 on the Bills and others boards. They've shown they dont really account too much for overall value and shoot for need more than anything. If they really like him like I've heard on some other boards, thatd be the reach this year but could turn out just as good as the one for Whitner.

DragonFireKai
03-21-2008, 04:40 PM

Parcells didn't unload Chambers. He was still on ESPN when that happened. Ginn's the number 1 reciever by default, not because Parcells has confidence in him.

TheBuffaloBills
03-21-2008, 05:25 PM
It'll be the Bills again this year. They'll take Devin Thomas with the #11 pick. He's rising up a lot of teams boards and could be #1 on the Bills and others boards. They've shown they dont really account too much for overall value and shoot for need more than anything. If they really like him like I've heard on some other boards, thatd be the reach this year but could turn out just as good as the one for Whitner.

I think you might be right. I am not sold on Malcolm Kelly, I need to see a forty time. Sweed has injury concerns. Desean Jackson is not what were looking for.

Devin Thomas has the size we need, with blazing speed, and could possibly be a KR. I know McGee is great on KR, but if we dont address the need at corner and McGee goes down...... then were screwed.

Besides experience the only knock on Thomas was his vert. However his poor 28' vert was changed into a somewhat below average 31' due to the combine's error.

toonsterwu
03-21-2008, 05:33 PM
All it takes is one team.

That said, for general thoughts, some possible reach options that would be more significant than a tier and could occur in the first round:

A team will take a 2nd OT, if not a 3rd OT, earlier than expected. Options: KC/NE/BAL/NO/CAR in a deal up all come to mind.

A team will take Balmer pretty high due to the lack of size

A team will take Kenny Phillips high, perhaps as early as 18 but much higher than where most have him pegged.

A team will take a CB high late first - I think the top 4 CB's come off before 20, forcing either a Cason or Justin King into the first, if not both.

A team will take a 2nd tier OL (anything after the top 5) high, a la the Bears and Marc Columbo a few years back. Hey, it could be the Bears in a deal down for another BC OT.

Devin Thomas - much as he intrigues me, he also screams Troy Williamson to me, particularly the hands aspect. I can see him going top 15 and that's high.

Outside shot that a team will take a 2nd tier DE high (after the top 4 (or 5 - if you include Groves) late first.

Outside shot that a team will take a TE in the first.

Outside shot that a team will take a 2nd tier RB in the first (after the top 4 ... that said, it's outside shot, as I'm not sure Felix Jones goes in the first)

DraftKidWonder
03-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Mine is Dajuan Morgan at #31 to the N.Y. Giants. I think safety is a need for the Giants and he'd be great to pair up in a secondary with Aaron Ross and from the loss Gibril Wilson.

Cashmoney
03-21-2008, 06:38 PM
That's why it would be a reach...

I wasn't saying we wouldn't draft him in the first because it would be a reach. I was saying we wouldn't draft him in the first because we already have too much invested in day one RB's. And the only reason we'd consider even taking him in the second is for ST's to replace pacman.

Modano
03-22-2008, 04:43 AM
A team will take a CB high late first - I think the top 4 CB's come off before 20, forcing either a Cason or Justin King into the first, if not both.

Assuming that NE doesn't draft a CB with their 7th overall pick, and Matt Ryan slips to the Ravens, who do you think is gonna take the first CB off the board?

bruschis4all
03-22-2008, 08:03 AM
keylime's got it right. The Chiefs will reach on Clady or Otah ala Arizona last year with Levi

I think Oakland will take for one of them at 4 before KC gets a chance.
Of course, if Oakland takes Clady at 4. That's not too much of a reach. Most people have him as a Top 10 talent. However, if KC follows with Otah. That would be a major reach.

I think if Buffalo takes a wr at 11. That would be a reach too. I don't think any of this year's wr's are worthy of that high a pick.

energizerbunny
03-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Of course, if Oakland takes Clady at 4. That's not too much of a reach. Most people have him as a Top 10 talent. However, if KC follows with Otah. That would be a major reach.

Oakland needs to take Gholston and make it nearly impossible to complete a pass longer then 10 yards on them (if he reaches them)

TheBuffaloBills
03-22-2008, 02:16 PM

I think if Buffalo takes a wr at 11. That would be a reach too. I don't think any of this year's wr's are worthy of that high a pick.

Agreed with the Bills pick. Their is great depth but no elite players at WR.

bruschis4all
03-22-2008, 02:34 PM
What's your feeling on Buffalo pick? CB might be a good value there. Or, if Dorsey/Ellis fall. But, I don't see that happening.

SouthernTitan
03-22-2008, 09:57 PM
I wasn't saying we wouldn't draft him in the first because it would be a reach. I was saying we wouldn't draft him in the first because we already have too much invested in day one RB's. And the only reason we'd consider even taking him in the second is for ST's to replace pacman.

I would not be surprised at all if the Titans drafted Chris Johnson in the First not only will he immediately take over KR/PR duties but will be the most explosive 3rd down back in the league and will also be a decent slot receiver.
C. Johnson is exactly the type of playmaker that Vince Young and the Team needs. I hope that they can find a way to trade down to get him and still grab T. Laws in the 2nd

theogt
03-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Bill Parcells operates on a simple system and there can be no doubt that when he unloaded his 2 starting WR's, it was showing an awful lot of confidence in Ginn's ability to be his #1 guy. He may have options but they are all for a #2 WR. If Parcells can find his HC a starting QB, Ginn could have a huge season, but that is a big if.Chambers wasn't "unloaded" by Parcells. He was traded before Parcells was even hired.

TheBuffaloBills
03-22-2008, 11:19 PM
What's your feeling on Buffalo pick? CB might be a good value there. Or, if Dorsey/Ellis fall. But, I don't see that happening.

Even if Dorsey/Ellis were to fall, I dont think we would take him. We got Stroud along with McCargo, Williams, Johnson. However I wouldnt mind DRC. But I am not sold on the WR. Maybe we should trade down.

Mr. Stiller
03-23-2008, 12:31 AM
I am a supporter of the Harrell pick since it happened and still am, but you are dead wrong. You're always wrong when you're commenting on the Packers so you might want to just stop. Harrell will not start this season. We traded Williams because we have great depth and a second round pick was worth the trade. Trading him doesn't "open up a starting spot for Harrell" though. Williams wasn't even the starter last year. Ryan Pickett and Johnny Jolly were aour starters last year. Jolly got hurt so Williams finished out the season as the starter, but he wouldn't have had Jolly been able to play. Next year Jolly will be healthy and will be the starter. Harrell will get playing time in our rotation that we utilize frequently, but no he won't be the starter.

aren't you guys also getting Trent Cole back as well? Always liked him.

Biggest reaches? Or Overvalued.

Biggest Reach: Jeff Otah

Overvalued?: Justin King+Matt Ryan

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-23-2008, 01:06 AM
I'd go with Limas Sweed. Dude hasn't even had a thousand yard season yet. I couldnt agree more.He has no consistency either.

WMD
03-23-2008, 01:30 AM
I think Quentin Groves will be taken earlier than most expect.

bored of education
03-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Who ever the Chiefs take

GB12
03-23-2008, 09:15 PM
aren't you guys also getting Trent Cole back as well? Always liked him.
You mean Colin Cole

TheBuffaloBills
03-23-2008, 09:15 PM
I read earlier a mock having Rashard Mendenhall going to the Bengals at the 9th pick

Interesting

Do you guys think that would be a reach?

toonsterwu
03-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Assuming that NE doesn't draft a CB with their 7th overall pick, and Matt Ryan slips to the Ravens, who do you think is gonna take the first CB off the board?

Sorry, forgot about this thread until now. Based on the scenario you suggest, I would say the Saints or Bills would take a long hard look if they had a shot at the top DB on their board. A situation to look for would be Arizona potentially bolting up for a CB.

toonsterwu
03-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I read earlier a mock having Rashard Mendenhall going to the Bengals at the 9th pick

Interesting

Do you guys think that would be a reach?

Well, I don't think it'd be a big reach. I tend to view things in the prism of tiers (and I usually go by 5's). I think he would be fine at 9 if they viewed RB to be their biggest concern.

Brent
03-23-2008, 09:53 PM
if Aqib Talib goes in the 1st, I think that would be a reach.

SchizophrenicBatman
03-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Whoever the #2 QB ends up being