PDA

View Full Version : bears not working out henne!?!?11one

BeerBaron
03-21-2008, 12:18 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flspdolphins21sbmar21,0,403945.story

miami, seattle, atlanta and tampa are going to be there, but no mention of the bears....im a little excited. i hope this isnt just some dumb smokescreen.......hopefully they are seriously uninterested

bearsfan_51
03-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Chad Henne will be a Chicago Bear. Mark it down.;)

BeerBaron
03-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Chad Henne will be a Chicago Bear. Mark it down.;)

<cries and throws a childish tantrum>

oh god......4 more years and in the bad way.....

Brothgar
03-22-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm probably going to get bashed for this but hear me out.

One very under rated aspect of the QB position is chemistry and timing with your WRs. In this draft there is a QB with and 2 WRs that have been playing together for the last 3 years. If the bears could trade to the late/Mid late 1st get a 2nd round pick and pick up Manningham, Henne, OL/RB, and in the 6th or 7th pick up Adrian Arrington and grab one of your other needs in the 3rd. Is that a... (I know it won't happen but) a somewhat successful draft?

bearsfan_51
03-22-2008, 04:25 PM

One very under rated aspect of the QB position is chemistry and timing with your WRs. In this draft there is a QB with and 2 WRs that have been playing together for the last 3 years. If the bears could trade to the late/Mid late 1st get a 2nd round pick and pick up Manningham, Henne, OL/RB, and in the 6th or 7th pick up Adrian Arrington and grab one of your other needs in the 3rd. Is that a... (I know it won't happen but) a somewhat successful draft?
I honestly have no idea what you just said. You're saying we should trade back, draft Henne/Manningham/and offensive line with our first 2 picks? Yeah I'd be fine with that. I'm probably in the minority on that.

I think we could get Cherilus in the late 1st (say the Jaguars trade up for Phillip Merling). Then we could take Henne/Manningham in the 2nd round.

BeerBaron
03-22-2008, 06:04 PM

que?

esta verde....verde

i like adrian arrington. not so much of a fan of manningham or henne....

though if that much trading around took place, id be somewhat confused on draft day. how did we end up with 3 late first rounders again?

Brothgar
03-22-2008, 08:37 PM
que?

esta verde....verde

i like adrian arrington. not so much of a fan of manningham or henne....

though if that much trading around took place, id be somewhat confused on draft day. how did we end up with 3 late first rounders again?

Really there is only one trade. going back in the 1st Henne is the 2nd round pick and Arrington is a late round pick as it the 5-7th

BeerBaron
03-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Really there is only one trade. going back in the 1st Henne is the 2nd round pick and Arrington is a late round pick as it the 5-7th

wasnt there something about cherilus in there though? i just wasnt sure how to get him, henne and manningham.

Brothgar
03-22-2008, 08:48 PM
wasnt there something about cherilus in there though? i just wasnt sure how to get him, henne and manningham.

I did mention OL help but I did mention OL help but that could also be F/E Carl Nicks or someone else.

BeerBaron
03-22-2008, 08:50 PM
I did mention OL help but I did mention OL help but that could also be F/E Carl Nicks or someone else.

huh, i think i got yours and 51's posts mushed together in my head......

anyway, id like to point out how much i still dont like henne, familiar receivers or not.

those receivers likely wouldnt see the field for a year at least anyway....

MidwayMonster31
03-25-2008, 09:32 PM
With the kind of "talent" the Bears have at wide receiver, a rookie probably would have to come in right away. I would like for them to trade for Chad Johnson, but that probably won't happen.
Looking at the draft order and demand, it will be difficult to find someone to trade down with. Even though you never know who will drop.
Teams are firing a lot of smokescreens at this point before the draft, we'll just have to wait and see.