PDA

View Full Version : BigBlueCrew's dynamite mock 2 rounds

BigBlueCrew56
03-21-2008, 07:26 PM
1. Miami Dolphins- OT Jake Long Michigan

They have currently only one starting tackle on the roster so they are going into this draft with a severe need for a bookend to Carey. Long with bring a steady leader to the offensive line and help protect the young QB wether it be Beck or old college QB Henne.

2. St. Louis Rams- DE Vernon Gholston Ohio State

Should make for a dynamic fit into there hybrid defense that Haslett likes to play.

3. Atlanta Falcons- QB Matt Ryan Boston College

Redman,Harrington,Shockley oh my......... This team is in dire need of a franchise signal caller. Ryan will sit out until middle of the year behind Redman and Harrington and then supplant them during mid season.

4. Oakland Raiders- DE Chris Long Virginia

Mcfadden will get some looks here but the team has a huge void at DE. Al Davis will get Nostalgic and choose Howie's kid to lead the defense into the next decade much like his old man.

5. New Orleans Saints(trade with Cheifs)- DT Glenn Dorsey LSU

Saints see the chance to move up and deal with the Cheifs who are targeting an offensive lineman with there pick. Saints most likely deal away there 2nd round pick and some future considerations.

6. New York Jets- RB Darren McFadden Arkansas

Jets solidified there OLB spot with Calvin Pace so they can afford to go with a luxary pick in this spot.

7. New England Patriots- DE/OLB Derrick Harvey Florida

Belicheck was spotted recently at a Gators B-Ball game with Urban Meyer. I am assuming at this point that they had a nice conversation about Harvey fitting in nicely as a 3-4 OLB. The signing of Bryant defintely closes the door for me of the Patriots once again passing on a top CB in the 1st round.

8. Baltimore Ravens- CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Tenn. State

With veterans Rolle and McCallister aging they need a corner to groom behind them. Perfect situation for Cromartie to develop.

9. Cincinnatti Bengals- DT Sedrick Ellis USC

Bengals find themselves very fortunate in this mock draft even though I think the Saints and Panthers will be looking to move up for him with possibly the Patriots looking to move down to take Harvey.

10. Kansas City Cheifs(trade with Saints)- OT Jeff Otah Pittsburgh

Big bruising Right Tackle will help make life easy again for L.J. and help protect the young Croyle.

11. Buffalo Bills- WR Limas Sweed Texas

Bills will look to trade down but if no takers then they need to take the best wideout with size that fits there need.

12. Denver Broncos- MLB Keith Rivers USC

Rivers will give the Broncos a formiddable linebacking core with Williams and Bailey on the outside.

13. Carolina Panthers- OT Ryan Clady Boise State

Just who they wanted to see fall to them. Will play LT with the move of Wharton to guard.

14. Chicago Bears- OT Chris Williams Vanderbilt

Bears grab Williams once Clady leaves the board. Will help at either Tackle spot.

15. Detroit Lions- RB Rashard Mendenhall Illinois

Resigning of Tatum Bell was a joke. Mendenhall is going to prove to be a monster for the Lions. Best back since they have had since Barry Sanders.

16. Arizona Cardinals- CB Leodis McKlevin Troy

Cards jump on McKlevin with the impending move of Rolle to FS.

17. Minnesota Vikings- QB Brian Brohm Louisville

I am predicting he is going to have a very solid pro day and it will vaunt him into a clear cut #2 status. He has the predigree to be something special in this league. Don't know what the knock is on him that he hasnt been getting any hype. Needless to say the value sucks for a DE in this spot with Merling going through hernia sugery and the last thing the Vikes need is another medical concern with another DE. Vikes go for the best value QB in this spot and will look at a DE replacement in the 2nd.

18. Houston Texans- CB Aquib Talib Kansas

Texans need corner rather badly so they will jump on Talib in this spot.

19. Philadelphia Eagles- WR DeSean Jackson Cal

I know he is a bit smallish in size but he is a legit deep threat and of course he fills one of the biggest of Eagle needs and that is for a viable kick returner.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- WR Devin Thomas Michigan State

Gruden needs to find his next deep threat with Galloway nearing retirement.

21. Washington Redskins- WR Malcolm Kelly Oklahoma

The run on wideouts continues as the Skins grab Kelly here. Zorn does not want to miss out on not getting a big physical wideout in the second.

22. Dallas Cowboys- CB Mike Jenkins South Florida

Boys will be targeting secondary with there first pick so I think Jenkins will fit in very nicely into this spot.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers- WR James Hardy Indiana

Big Ben's biggest request this year was to have a big target. The 6'6 Hardy is exactly what he needs. Offensive line not as much of a concern now with some recent veteran additions.

24. Tennesse Titans- DE Philip Merling Clemson

Titans see good value as they can wait for Merling to heal from hernia surgery and learn behind Kearse.

25. Seattle Seahawks- TE Dustin Keller Purdue

Keller has vaunted himself as the #1 TE in this draft with his stellar combine and pro day. Hasselbeck will certainly love adding another weapon.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE Calais Campbell Miami

Jags need to start beefing up there defensive line to start compensating for the loss of Stroud and McCrary.

27. San Diego Chargers- FS Kenny Phillips UM

Chargers need to fill some voids in there secondary so Phillips is a very nice value pick in this spot.

28. Dallas Cowboys- RB Johnathan Stewart Oregan

Boys will look at taking a RB here to team with Barber. Stewart slips a bit because of his toe but the Boys have the luxary in waiting for him. I certainly think he will be higher then Felix Jones on there board.

29. San Francisco 49ers- DE/OLB Quentin Groves Auburn

Niners need another playmaking OLB to team up with Manny Lawson.

30. Green Bay Packers- FS/CB Reggie Smith Oklahoma

Packers need to add some quality depth to there aging secondary.

31. New York Giants- CB Antoine Cason Arizona

Will add another strong cover corner who can come in and play nickely with Webster and Ross.

2nd Round

32. Miami Dolphins- OG Branden Alberts Virginia

Parcells completes the left side of his offensive line with the addition of Alberts.

33. St. Louis Rams- OT Gosder Cherilus Boston College

Has played both the right and the left side but should be able to be a very solid player to groom for the RT spot and move Barron to the Left when Pace is ready to retire.

34. Atlanta Falcons- DT Kentwan Balmer UNC

Falcons finally grab there big physical tackle to plug the middle.

35. Kansas City Cheifs- CB Brandon Flowers Virginia Tech

Cheifs need to start concering themsevles with filling the void left by Law.

36. New York Jets- WR Mario Manningham Michigan

Jets need depth at WR with the loss of MCcareins and a backup plan for an impending hold out of Coles.

37. Atlanta Falcons- OT Sam Baker USC

Falcons grab there lineman to put in at LT.

38. Baltimore Ravens- QB Joe Flacco Deleware

Ravens grab a QB in this spot and eventually probably trade Boller or McNair.

39. San Francisco 49ers- OT Anthony Collins Texas

Niners grab a much needed offensive lineman to possibly vie for a starting spot.

40. Kansas City Cheifs(trade with Saints)- WR Early Doucet LSU

Cheifs grab Bowe's former running mate at LSU and team them up once again.

41. Buffalo Bills- TE Fred Davis USC

Bills need a difference maker at TE or atleast somebody that can get open.

42. Denver Broncos- DT Pats Sims Auburn

DT is a real sore spot for the Broncos because they are going to have to deal with Marcus Thomas legal woes.

43. Carolina Panthers- RB Chris Johnson East Carolina

They will debate between him and Jones but I think they will settle for Johnson since he is from the home state.

44. Chicago- RB Felix Jones Arkansas

Bears go for this burner to play compete with Benson. Imagine Jones and Hester on kick returns WOW.

45. Detroit Lions- MLB Dan Connor Penn State

Lions go ahead and snag there middle linebacker.

46. Cincinnatti Bengals- FS DaJuan Morgan N.C. State

Williams left via F/A so they are going to have to look at filling that spot.

47. Minnesota Vikings- DE Lawrence Jackson USC

They replace one USC DE in Udeze with another in Jackson.

48. Atlanta Falcons- OG Chilo Rachal USC

Big physical interior lineman to team up with Baker for instant cohesion on the Atlanta Left side.

49. Philadelphia Eagles- OLB Erin Henderson Maryland

They need to replace the loss of Spikes or at very least add some depth.

50. Arizona Cardinals- RB Kevin Smith UCF

Cards decide to dip into this deep running back draft pool with the physical Smith.

51. Washington Redskins- DE Jason Jones Eastern Michigan

Skins add Jones here to provide them with some depth behind Daniels.

52. Tampa Bay Bucs- CB Tracy Porter Indiana

Aging Barber and the loss of Kelly make way for this addition.

53. Pittsburgh Steelers- OG Roy Scheuning Oregan State

Steelers add there guard to compete with Keamoatu to replace Faneca.

54. Tennessee Titans- DT Trevor Laws Notre Dame

Laws to me a nice rotation player for them and replace the loss of Starks.

55. Seattle Seahawks- RB Jammal Charles Texas

Hawks have Jones and Duckett but I think they will add another talented young back.

56. Green Bay Packers- OT Oniel Cousins UTEP

Packers add some depth to there offensive line.

57. Miami Dolphins- QB Chad Henne Michigan

Henne slips a bit with teams already securing there QB earlier.

58. Jacksonville Jaguars- WR Andre Caldwell Florida

Jags add a much needed weapon to the offense.

59. Indianapolis Colts- ILB Jerod Mayo Tennessee

Undersized linebacker who should do rather well in there system.

60. Green Bay Packers- TE John Carlson Notre Dame

With the Loss of Franks they need someone behind Lee.

61. Dallas Cowboys- WR Donnie Avery Houston

Speedy playmaker should be a nice addition to the return game as well.

62. New England Patriots- CB Charles Godfrey Iowa

Big physical corner who plays the style they lock and can play multiple spots in the secondary.

63. New York Giants- OLB Curtis Lofton Oklahoma

Giants will have him play the strong side.

64. Miami Dolphins- DE/OLB Cliff Avril Purdue

Perfect fit for there 3-4 system.

Cashmoney
03-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Those two picks would make our line even more hellacious.

fed36
03-21-2008, 07:30 PM
not bad

i think i would rather take merling in the first

fed36
03-21-2008, 07:30 PM
i would take merling for the skins pick

BeerBaron
03-21-2008, 07:34 PM
beautiful bears first rounder and acceptable 2nd rounder. thank god it wasnt chad henne at least...

Rjspartan
03-21-2008, 07:38 PM
nice panther picks

regoob2
03-21-2008, 07:53 PM
good mock.

Yung Flippa
03-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Good 1st Round for Baltimore. It's an okay 2nd rounder, I'd rather have Tracy Porter or Lawerence Jackson. Good Houston pick. ( we don't need a corner BADLY, as you said, we just need some depth.)

BigBlueCrew56
03-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Good 1st Round for Baltimore. It's an okay 2nd rounder, I'd rather have Tracy Porter or Lawerence Jackson. Good Houston pick. ( we don't need a corner BADLY, as you said, we just need some depth.)

I forgot you guys signed Jacque Reeves to be your nickel corner. Non the less with Dunta's injury concerns Talib is still a need.

03-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Awesome Raiders mock.

Kurve
03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
how much i would love to see Chris Long in a Raider Uniform but i think its wishful thinking but him in the number 75 would make al think he is reliving the early 80s again.

Finsfan79
03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
That dolphins draft just made me hot

god that would be nice. We would have a top 5 offensive line in the NFL

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-21-2008, 08:59 PM
good Oakland pick.

SimonRath
03-21-2008, 09:05 PM
3. Atlanta Falcons- QB Matt Ryan Boston College
**Chris Long here would be much better..**

34. Atlanta Falcons- DT Kentwan Balmer UNC
**love this pick!**

37. Atlanta Falcons- OT Sam Baker USC
**I guess Joe Flacco would be okay here since we need a QB**

48. Atlanta Falcons- OG Chilo Rachal USC
**hopefully Baker falls here**

BaLLiN
03-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Id actually really like getting Cason and Lofton, that would be an A draft for me

SaintsFanForLife
03-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Hate what you did with the saints...If we did move up id rather get Ellis.

indyfan1985
03-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Interesting pick for Indy as I would love to see Mayo as our MLB. The only problem is, we already have a pretty good MLB in Brackett. I would probably rather have DT Dre Moore there.

defensiveback23
03-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Great pick for the Chargers.

Thunder&Lightning
03-21-2008, 11:12 PM
nice sd pick

thebow305
03-22-2008, 12:09 AM
you know how i feel about the 1st round, but the 2nd is pretty solid.

Yatta!
03-22-2008, 05:26 AM
Nice Green Bay draft, you got all the needs right. Some guys might prefer Cason over Reggie Smith, but I'm very high on Smith personally.

Sniper
03-22-2008, 07:21 AM
For God's sake STOP GIVING THE EAGLES DESEAN JACKSON! He is not good! If the Eagles go wideout, it will be for someone who actually cracks the 12 ypc mark and it will very likely be a big, WCO wideout. NO MORE DESEAN PICKS!

Erin Henderson works for me.

hugegmenfan
03-22-2008, 09:19 AM
excellent giants draft

BigBlueCrew56
03-22-2008, 10:15 AM
For God's sake STOP GIVING THE EAGLES DESEAN JACKSON! He is not good! If the Eagles go wideout, it will be for someone who actually cracks the 12 ypc mark and it will very likely be a big, WCO wideout. NO MORE DESEAN PICKS!

Erin Henderson works for me.

Do you fail to realize that DeSean Jackson played in a West Coast Offense system at Cal under Jeff Tedford???? He also provides you with a dynamic punt and kick returner. That is something your team hasnt had in quite a while. If the Dolphins can reach for a kick returner with Ted Ginn Jr. Then how come the Eagles cant grab one at #19. Apparently teams are starting to put this at a premium because of the Devin Hester factor. Just watch the You-Tube of DeSeasn's electric punt return in the Tenn. game and see why he will be a nice addition to your team.

Sniper
03-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Do you fail to realize that DeSean Jackson played in a West Coast Offense system at Cal under Jeff Tedford???? He also provides you with a dynamic punt and kick returner. That is something your team hasnt had in quite a while. If the Dolphins can reach for a kick returner with Ted Ginn Jr. Then how come the Eagles cant grab one at #19. Apparently teams are starting to put this at a premium because of the Devin Hester factor. Just watch the You-Tube of DeSeasn's electric punt return in the Tenn. game and see why he will be a nice addition to your team.

Logic like reaching for Ted Ginn is what got the Dolphins a top 10 pick in the first place. A good return man can be found much later in the draft. Steve Breaston had nearly identical numbers return-wise for the Cards than Ginn did for Miami.

The Eagles moved the ball well last year, but they struggled in the red zone. Hence, big receiver=RZ TDs=everybody happy.

The Legend
03-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Ravens Draft is ok i'd would take Leodis McKlevin or Mike Jenkins over DRC

Packers Draft i hate, 1st round is good but the 2nd round sucks

BigBlueCrew56
03-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Why wasnt Hank Baskett utilized more at 6'4 220.???? I think your redzone offense struggled more because of the TE situation. Smith was hurt for you goes most of the year so teams over compensated coverages toward your wideouts. McNabb has requested more weapons and Jackson has the speed and elusiveness to be capable of providing him with another weapon. Even as a third receiver he can be very deadly in the slot.

BigBlueCrew56
03-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Logic like reaching for Ted Ginn is what got the Dolphins a top 10 pick in the first place. A good return man can be found much later in the draft. Steve Breaston had nearly identical numbers return-wise for the Cards than Ginn did for Miami.

The Eagles moved the ball well last year, but they struggled in the red zone. Hence, big receiver=RZ TDs=everybody happy.

Wether it's Kelly,Thomas, or Jackson I project you guys going for another playmaker for McNabb. I slotted Jackson to you guys because he doubles as a kick returner. If you pass on him then I have the Bucs taking him. So if you dont like the pick then switch it in your mind with Thomas or Kelly. Which ever receiver in that spot that appeases you. Not everyone is happy on draft day so I am going to stick with my selection.

Addict
03-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Mendenhall/Connor would make my day.

Sniper
03-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Why wasnt Hank Baskett utilized more at 6'4 220.????

Because he's not good.

vidae
03-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Pretty solid Chiefs draft.

I don't see Branden Albert getting out of the first round, but good mock overall. :)

proshoota25
03-23-2008, 07:51 PM
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PATRIOTS PICKS!!! haha

eaglesalltheway
03-24-2008, 07:28 AM
I understand the sentiment of giving division opponents poor decisions, but this is going to far. I wouldn't give you Dan Connor, now why would you do that to us? If yo are going to give the Eagles a WR in round one, let it be Malcolm Kelly in this situation, or even James Hardy would be better, but not Jackson. Phillips would trump all though in the first. Now the Eagles don't draft starting LB until the third, and our LBs are filled, so why would we draft depth in the second? We wouldn't This is where we will go WR or OT if we get Phillips. If we go WR, S or OT here

Matthew Jones
03-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Looks like a pretty good Patriots draft.

T-RICH49
03-24-2008, 09:30 AM
I wish people would stop giving KC Otah.He's not worth a top 10 pick.Chris Williams or Clady would be better

Bills2083
03-24-2008, 03:45 PM
1.) Limas Sweed - Great pick
2.) Fred Davis - Okay pick, but if we go with a WR in round 1, I'd rather go with a CB in round 2. Tracy Porter and Charles Godfrey would be good choices here.

JCutlery
03-24-2008, 04:09 PM
I would be ok with this draft. But, I would rather have Clady/Williams and Dan Connor, considering how far he dropped.

ninerfan
03-25-2008, 04:20 AM
Groves with Manny Lawson and PWilly = sweet

Rjspartan
03-25-2008, 07:24 AM
great panthers pick but in the second round we need DaJuan Morgan more than we need another runningback. tailback in the 3rd round