PDA

View Full Version : Choose Your Sleeper: Thoughts?

SKim172
03-21-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm a little curious as to who everyone thinks might be the big sleeper of the draft. I'm not talking the guy who gets drafted slightly below what he should've been. I'm thinking that second-day pick (or even an undrafted FA!) that will end up playing like a first-rounder. I know, it's impossible to predict the next Tom Brady, but hey, we all do it anyway.

My vote? Antwaun Molden, CB of Eastern Kentucky. He's gotten a boost to his stock ever since the Combine, and while I was expecting him to go maybe fifth, sixth, he might worm his way up to the third. In any case, he's got the size to go with the speed and he displays excellent technique. DraftGuys TV (http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---antwaun-molden---cb?autoplay=true) has a short analysis of him that has nothing but good things to say about him. As a developmental prospect, I'm optimistic that he could be a starter after one or two seasons of experience.

Other guys I've got my eye on:
Gary Barnidge, TE, Louisville - excellent receiver, needs to improve his blocking, could be a productive receiving TE and maybe an eventual starter.

Eric Foster, DL, Rutgers - yes, I'm a Rutgers homer. Still, objectively, I feel that while Foster may be too much of a tweener to ever be a starter, he could be a solid part of a D-line rotation.

Corey Lynch, S, App State - His production merits attention. I initially wrote him off as playing against weaker teams, but he caught my attention in the Texas vs Nation game with a diving interception on the sideline. Ball was slightly overthrown, should've been an incomplete, but despite not having great timed speed, Lynch somehow raced over from the hashmark, snatched it and dragged both feet before rolling out of bounds. Perhaps level of competition doesn't mean everything after all.

Eric Wicks, S, WVU - Another safety, mainly because with a weak draft class, it's easier to find the relative unknowns. Good athlete, had great production at a BCS school, strong tackler, good in run support. Little worried about his coverage skills, or how the 3-3-5 stack translates to the pros. Was First Team All-Big East strong safety, partnered by....

Haruki Nakamura, S, Cincinnati - Have you heard of this guy? If you have, and you're not a Big East fan who had to see him break down your hopes and dreams, pat yourself on the back. He's an intriguing prospect. A hard-hitting free safety, had 86 tackles, 4 interceptions and 3 forced fumbles in 2007. Written off because of a lack of size and athleticism, he had an excellent pro day showing - with an added 15 pounds to his frame. 4.55 in the forty, 20 bench press reps, 10-foot broad jump, 34.5 inch vertical. Besides Molden, Nakamura would be my sleeper pick. My only problem with him is that he can get swallowed up in traffic. He's at his best one-on-one with the ballcarrier, not up against bigger blockers.

Nakamura's Youtube Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHApgrJarw8)

He does deliver some big hits. The unassisted German suplex at 2:36 is fairly entertaining. The blindside sack on Pat White is just evil. He's also got some fantastic forced fumbles in there.

The best point of Nakamura's game is probably his tackling. One-on-one, he doesn't miss. I'd say this is mainly due to his excellent understanding of leverage and using it to his advantage. I believe he's a black belt in judo, which explains both his understanding of leverage and the suplex. He'll go undrafted, most likely, but will get a look as a rookie free agent. At the very least, he'll be a productive special teamer.

Thunder&Lightning
03-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Ricky Santos!

SKim172
03-21-2008, 11:28 PM
UNH? Now that's a sleeper.

I honestly don't know much about him. I'm reading a few smidgens saying he worked out at UNH's pro day in front of 3 scouts because Boston College wouldn't let him work out at their campus (?)

I'm reading he was at the Hula Bowl. How'd he do there? I didn't get to see it.

(edit)
Walter Payton Award? Now that's interesting.
I should keep up more with the FCS schools.

nikkayeah
03-22-2008, 12:36 AM
garrison sanborn. he can lead any team to a championship

LonghornsLegend
03-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Jerome Simpson, put up incredible numbers at the combine, I dont care who he played his physical stats are off the charts and he's going to make a VERY solid wr especially if he's taken in the 3rd or later.

Another wr since im on the topic is Deriaus Reynaud, very strong for a wr and runs great routes alot with having soft hands and good speed, he might not jump out at you on paper but I have a feeling he will be a late rd choice who ends up beating out some guys and will make an early impact for someone.

PACKmanN
03-22-2008, 01:09 AM
I'm stuck with 2, Bobbie Williams and Demetrius Bell

Hines
03-22-2008, 03:30 AM
Thomas Brown is my sleeper pick because he is a complete back. He runs with power, speed, can catch the ball, block, even return kicks. Only knock on him is that he is short, but he has a MJD and Westbrook build and could be effective if used properly. I think he could become a very poor mans Westbrook in the league and be a great 3rd down back in the NFL. Will be picked in the 5th or later, but if he was taller, I think he would be a first day pick.

Don Vito
03-22-2008, 03:55 AM
I don't know if they are neccesarily sleepers, but I think Cory Boyd and Andre Callender could suprise a lot of people. Boyd will get drafted but Callender might be a UDFA.

Sniper
03-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Mike Hart because he's the man.

BeerBaron
03-22-2008, 09:35 AM
orlando scandrick, hes a CB out of boise state. hes got decent size and ran a 4.32 40.

i was reading an article about him a few weeks ago and some teams seemed to be genuinely interested in him in the 2nd round. i think he might actually go around 4, to a team like the browns maybe. but i think he will have a good initial impact.

bruschis4all
03-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Call me crazy. But, I think E.Ainge can become a starting qb in 2-3 years. Hopefully, he's not thrown to the wolves. He needs to get himself stronger and not be expected to carry a team. But, when I see qb's like; J.Kitna,T.Jackson B.Croyle, R.Grossman, A.Smith, Atlanta qb take your pick, K.Clemons, J.Beck and T.Edwards expected to start. It shows that there is a great need for good qb play in the NFL. It's the position that separates the haves from the have nots.

Curiously, many draftniks have taken a hatred towards the thought of drafting a qb early. I know the sucesses and failures of drafting qb's early. But, look at it this way. If you draft a RT and he grades out in the NFL as a 87grade player. 1-100 scale. Let's say my RT whom I got in the 4th round grades out to a 79. The diffence in their play on the field isn't significant enough to effect the outcome of a game. But, if I have a qb who grades out to an 87. And, yours only grades out to a 79. That is enough be the difference in winning/losing games.

BeerBaron
03-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Call me crazy. But, I think E.Ainge can become a starting qb in 2-3 years. Hopefully, he's not thrown to the wolves. He needs to get himself stronger and not be expected to carry a team. But, when I see qb's like; J.Kitna,T.Jackson B.Croyle, R.Grossman, A.Smith, Atlanta qb take your pick, K.Clemons, J.Beck and T.Edwards expected to start. It shows that there is a great need for good qb play in the NFL. It's the position that separates the haves from the have nots.

Curiously, many draftniks have taken a hatred towards the thought of drafting a qb early. I know the sucesses and failures of drafting qb's early. But, look at it this way. If you draft a RT and he grades out in the NFL as a 87grade player. 1-100 scale. Let's say my RT whom I got in the 4th round grades out to a 79. The diffence in their play on the field isn't significant enough to effect the outcome of a game. But, if I have a qb who grades out to an 87. And, yours only grades out to a 79. That is enough be the difference in winning/losing games.

lol, play madden much? i actually agree a little bit. but i can name a few other positions than QB where i would want the higher rated guy. LT, #1 WR, starting CBs, at least one LB preferably 2....

but i do agree in that i like ainge in the 4th-5th round range. i think hes got good size and other measurable and just needs to learn the pros a little bit.

BaLLiN
03-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Bobbie Williams FS Bethune-Cookman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONvK4cc--nw
He was alot of people's picks a while back, and i've been saying it more than a couple times. He can sure hit, is pretty good in coverage, can read plays very very well. He had good productivity throughout his career, and he was a team Capitan for at least 3 years i believe.

Jeremy Zuttah OL Rutgers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8wPeK1qx2Y
He had a great performance at the combine which rose his stock, but before that he was extremely underrated. He can play all 5 OL positions, is very athletic. He has very good speed, and alright size.

Caddy
03-22-2008, 10:19 AM
At the moment my favourite sleeper prospect is QB Kevin O'Connell. I really think he has a decent shot at developing into something worthwhile down the line.

SKim172
03-22-2008, 11:08 AM
A lot of names I haven't heard of before. Orlando Scandrick, I've seen - don't know why he hasn't done well with his stock, so far, he's a quality prospect. Simpson and Reynaud should be solid #3/#4 receivers, at least. Any team that feels a need for a blocking WR should take a look at Reynaud.

Andre Callender deserves more attention - led BC with 76 receptions, could be a Kevin Faulk-type receiving back who could pound out some tough yards too (and they say Matt Ryan had no talent around him).

Zuttah's shooting up draft boards lately - he may break the third round. As a Rutgers fan, though, I'm obligated to mention his two buddies, Pedro Sosa and Mike Fladell. Sosa's been falling since the Combine, still might get drafted. Fladell gets no love. But these three were the anchors of an O-line that only gave up 11 sacks and gave Rice 2000+ yards last season. Combined with Cam Stephenson and Darnell Stapleton, two RU grads from '06, they only gave up 8 sacks the year before.

bearsfan_51
03-22-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm a big fan of Jerome Simpson out of Coastal Carolina. Not sure he's much of a sleper anymore though.

scottyboy
03-22-2008, 11:36 AM
ANOTHER RU HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice, just watch out though, that's my turf...

I'm gonna go out and say Pedro Sosa, OT from Rutgers.(surprise, surprise)

Had an AWFUL combine, but was hindered greatly by his injury. Not as athletic as Zuttah, but pretty damn athletic and one hell of a run blocker. A team in need of a mauling RT could get a stud in the very late rounds

bruschis4all
03-22-2008, 11:50 AM
lol, play madden much? i actually agree a little bit. but i can name a few other positions than QB where i would want the higher rated guy. LT, #1 WR, starting CBs, at least one LB preferably 2....

but i do agree in that i like ainge in the 4th-5th round range. i think hes got good size and other measurable and just needs to learn the pros a little bit.

What does playing video games have to do with football? No, I don't play them.

I'm not saying the other positions aren't important. But, the way the game is played now. You need very good play at the qb position to win a championship. It's very difficult for defenses to dominate given the fact that OL can hold and db's can't lay a finger on receivers.

BeerBaron
03-22-2008, 11:57 AM
What does playing video games have to do with football? No, I don't play them.

I'm not saying the other positions aren't important. But, the way the game is played now. You need very good play at the qb position to win a championship. It's very difficult for defenses to dominate given the fact that OL can hold and db's can't lay a finger on receivers.

i just asked because you were comparing players to points 1-100....like madden ratings....anyway, bad joke.

Hawk
03-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Erik Ainge will be the best quarterback in this draft

bruschis4all
03-22-2008, 12:11 PM
i just asked because you were comparing players to points 1-100....like madden ratings....anyway, bad joke.

No prob. I'm 46. I think pac-man(no pun intended) was the last video game I played. I was just using the numbers because some teams use a scale like that.

Splat
03-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Tony Temple ok I'm a homer but I really like him and hope he does well.

UTPATS
03-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Kevin Robinson...

03-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Ricky Santos!

yee I'll go with Jamie Silva!

fenikz
03-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Ryan Torain - Scott has him listed as a Late Round / FA, and I think he could actually be an every down back in the NFL some day, he just needs to end up in the right situation

Paranoidmoonduck
03-22-2008, 04:10 PM
I know Tyrell Johnson opened some eyes at the combine, but I think this kid is going to be stellar. I would only consider couple safeties as being better prospects.

jnew76
03-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Jalen Parmele -RB - Toledo - I will not stop beating the drum for this guy. He has prototypical size and speed. Excellent athleticism, vision, and burst. I think he will play this coming year in the NFL.

keylime_5
03-22-2008, 06:03 PM
J Leman, ILB/Illinois. I like his style.

Addict
03-22-2008, 06:09 PM
J Leman, ILB/Illinois. I like his style.

yeah I think he's a better football player then given credit for.

holt_bruce81
03-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Lorenzo Williams DT

adamprez2003
03-23-2008, 03:45 AM
SS Derrick Doggett out of Oregon State is probably going to go undrafted but I think he can be a major hitter. A converted LB he seems to have the speed to play SS but will probably need a year of tutelage to learn the nuances of the position

TE Adam Bishop will be a solid if unspectacular player in the NFL and he may also go undrafted.

WR Steve Johnson of Kentucky can go anywhere from 5th to undrafted and I think he'll be an effective possession receiver. Probably a very good 4th receiver but maybe better than that

Sigmund Bloom
03-25-2008, 04:26 PM
WR Steve Johnson of Kentucky can go anywhere from 5th to undrafted and I think he'll be an effective possession receiver. Probably a very good 4th receiver but maybe better than that

HD Video Profile of Stevie

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---steve-johnson---wr?autoplay=true

DawgBone
03-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Erik Ainge will be the best quarterback in this draft

I like Ainge better than just about all the QB's in this draft.

How can you support a QB that threw 19 INT's?

Joeyjr09
03-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Marcus Dixon looks like a 7th rounder at best but damn I'm really high on this kid. Off field issues are pushing him down alot even tho he seems like a victim of his circumstances with those particular situations.

He's never gonna be elite but I think he is the perfect pick for a team looking for a backup a spot starter at the 3-4 DE spot. Marcus looks like he would be ideal in that role as he is a monster against the run.

bored of education
03-25-2008, 05:15 PM
These are guys I have been endorsing for a while now:

Tyvon Branch, Antwaun Molden, Nick Hayden (DE 3-4), Wesley Woodyard, Curtis Gatewood, Jacob Tamme, Joe West, Xavier Omon

luee
03-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Arman sheilds

BufFan71
03-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Jordon Dizon

nuff said

BaLLiN
03-25-2008, 07:58 PM
why doesnt anyone think Bobbie Williams from Bethune Cookman?

PACKmanN
03-25-2008, 10:26 PM

Just because he a. hasn't been invited to the combine or b. he not from a top school.

SKim172
03-25-2008, 10:50 PM

He actually does look pretty impressive. I just don't know much about him. Plus, I've already got like 5 safeties on my "guys to watch list." I can't just keep adding more. :)

FizzyFalcons
03-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Wesley Woodyard

:) Thats whats up

jnew76
03-26-2008, 03:27 AM
He actually does look pretty impressive. I just don't know much about him. Plus, I've already got like 5 safeties on my "guys to watch list." I can't just keep adding more. :)

Yes you can... It's your list.

eaglesalltheway
03-26-2008, 07:00 AM
Mike Hart because he's the man.

That and more. Hart is low on boards because of his size and speed, but watching him play for Michigan the last four years, I can't see how this guy doesn't have success in the NFL. This is coming form a Penn State fan too, so that adds at least a little more to the argument.

adamprez2003
03-26-2008, 02:37 PM
HD Video Profile of Stevie

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---steve-johnson---wr?autoplay=true Great link. Thanks

ThePudge
03-26-2008, 03:08 PM
I like Ainge better than just about all the QB's in this draft.

How can you support a QB that threw 19 INT's?

If you're trying to make the case for Erik Ainge over Matt Ryan you're a little off base...

Tampa 2 4 life
03-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Pierre Garcon from Mount Union.

initial_flo
03-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Without doing any research, I found a couple guys... These guys are more a hunch then anything.

Lance Leggett and De'Cody Fagg, both have pretty good size and Leggett has speed to burn. I'm a fan of taking flyers on guys from football factories late.

Woody56
03-26-2008, 05:04 PM
OG Donald Thomas

Best guard in the draft beside Branden Albert

SKim172
03-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Not a big fan of Lance Leggett. He has size and speed, but g'damn, catch a pass. Too many drops, too much inconsistency, yes, I know QB play at Miami wasn't brilliant, but you gotta catch it if it's in your mitts.

nfrillman
03-26-2008, 06:23 PM
I am not sure about a lot of lower level guys, but I know a lot about Missouri guys. There are three guys to keep your eye on from Missouri.

S- Cornelius "Pig" Brown
I believe he was a preseason All-American or Big 12 selection. He was the best player on the Tigers defense before tearing a ligament in his knee. I firmly believe he will become a quality starting S in the NFL. My best comparison for him is Bob Sanders. He is a little bit bigger than Sanders, I would grade him slightly lower than Sanders in run support but he is still great in run support, and I'd give him a little bit of an edge in coverage.

WR- William "The Helicopter" Franklin
He has prototypical size for a WR with excellent speed. I believe he ran a 4.34 at the combine. Amazing leaping ability, hence The Helicopter. He has good hands, not amazing but not bad. The definition of a deep threat. Off the top of my head I'd say he compares favorably with Santana Moss.

TE- Martin Rucker
A legitimate pass catching threat at TE. He has excellent size at 6'5" 250 lbs. He has very good hands and body positioning skills to get open, a large target. He has pretty good speed and better quickness. He could stand to put on a few lbs. A decent comparison off the top of my head is Jeremy Shockey minus the attitude. More of a receiving TE and could get better at blocking.

These probably sound like homer picks, but I would be happy if the Rams drafted any of these guys, besides maybe Rucker simply because we already have 4 TE's. Rucker will probably be drafted in the 2nd round, but the other two could be 2nd day steals.

AaronGrayisKing
03-27-2008, 10:35 AM
I saw a couple of you picked Jerome Simpson.

I remember him at the combine as someone who shouldn't even be drafted. Then I see he's being picked as a sleeper pick and I thought to myself, I wonder if I'm remembering it correctly.

Then I found his combine video....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d806d5591&categoryId=events&filter=combine

He's a wasted pick in the 3rd or 4th, a reach in the 5th, but a project in the 6th or 7th.

I would love to sign him as a UFA.

edit: When you click on the link he's on the 9th page(vids 109-120). Sorry can't figure out how to get video to pop up automatically.

SINCE1978
03-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Brian Johnston - DE Gardner Webb ... dudes a beast! 7th round pick of the Detroit Lions future starter under the watchful eye of D line guru Coach Rod!

T-Rat42
03-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Darren Mcfadden! Just kidding I'm going with Kansas State WR Jordy Nelson. He's amazing and I can't see a team taking him on the first day.

Ozzfan1317
03-28-2008, 12:26 AM
I say either Corey Lynch Or Micah Rucker, Rucker is 6"5" 220 and runs in the 4.5 range he's a WR from Eastern Illinois

WayzUpUSC
04-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Cory Boyd is a picture perfect sleeper. Good size, good hands, solid at picking up blitzes & ran behind a far less than good offensive line and still managed to be productive. He may not make an instant impact but IMO, he could be had in 5th round or so & be groomed to be a solid NFL back in 2-3 years. I would love to see a team like the Steelers take him.

DiG
04-04-2008, 08:55 AM
im goin with william franklin. i think he was a big time underachiever through college and i absolutely love his upside. he may need a year or two of good coaching but i think he has what it takes to be a #1 receiver down the road.

diabsoule
04-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Tyrell Johnson, FTW!

MetSox17
04-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Frank Okam.

He's gonna be there past the 3rd round, maybe past the 4th.
So getting a guy that has the body and potential to be a stud
in a 3-4 or maybe a run stuffer ala Pat Williams in the 4-3 for a late
round pick with little salary commitment is a steal in my book.

I think you can coach the technique he lacks and maybe knowing
that his career in pro football will be over if he doesn't change his
playing attitude will light the fire under him that he needs to
reach his potential as a player.

I'd love the Cowboys to take him in the 4th or 5th.
They could use the depth at NT, especially with a big body like that

toonsterwu
04-04-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure how you guys are defining sleepers as there are a bunch of potential 2nd and 3rd round picks in the discussion so far. For me, sleepers are guys that will likely go late day 2, 5th-7th to UDFA.

Some guys I like (one per position) that haven't been mentioned (I'll think about LB/OG/C later):

QB: Mark Nicolet, Hillsdale. Seems to have good QB IQ. Talked about as a good leader, hard worker. Arm strength is comparable to some of the higher ranked guys (that is, nothing special, but solid). May be nothing more than a backup, if he even gets a shot, but ... I wonder if he's the type of kid that, with time, might have something. Likely UDFA (I do love Kevin O'Connell, who was mentioned. I think O'Connell is a 5th rounder right now)

RB: Lynell Hamilton, San Diego State. Remember him? Once upon a time, he was thought of as a potential midround pick. He fell off, for a variety of reasons. Probably the epitome of a sleeper, as he's so far off the radar, due to the injuries. But he showed that he still has good agility at his pro day, and had decent speed for his size. Definitely UDFA. If he's ever healthy ...

FB: Jerome Felton, Furman. Okay, maybe not a sleeper for FB's. I think he's in that 5th/6th area. That said, eh, not many other FB names come to mind. Nasty blocker, solid short yardage back. Would like to see his hands improve. Has decent speed.

WR: Edward Williams, Lane. Not as good as the last Lane product (Jacoby Jones), but Edward has some tools to work with. He's got a good size/speed ratio (6'3" 205, low-mid 4.5 time) and looks to be a fluid player. Had a 37 vertical and a 10'3" broad. In a class where the WR depth is good, he might go undrafted, but he should get an invite at the very least, I think.

TE: Tom Santi, Virginia. Color me a homer, but I'm a fan. Smart TE. Has been used in a variety of roles, from pure TE, to FB, to H-back. Adequate blocker that tries. Solid hands, runs solid routes. In another year, he could perhaps be a 4th/5th round type. Looking 6th or later.

OT: Franklin Dunbar, Middle Tennessee State. Another year might've helped, but that's in the past. He's got some athletic tools. Decent footwork. Good length. Could probably stand to lose some weight. Get him in there with a good OL coach and a good conditioning program, and who knows what you might have in a couple of years. Even if it's "only" a RT, that's a good get for a late round nod (6th/7th is the guess now). There's a couple other OT's that I could've gone with, he's the first one that came to mind.

OG:

C:

DE: Greyson Gunheim, Washington. Injuries have hurt him, but he's probably not suited to be an everydown DE at the next level. Playing in space could protect him a bit more, although he could be utilized as a specialist. Probably a 5th round at best, 6th round perhaps more realistic as of now.

DT: Maurice Murray, New Mexico State. Still an intriguing kid to me. Can 2-gap a bit. Is not a NT despite his size, unless they take a lot of time working with him, which is unlikely. Has some quickness relative to the size. Probably UDFA as of now.

LB:

CB: Al Phillips, Wagner. Good size/speed ratio. Shows good playmaking instincts and seems fluid. Could help in the return game. I'd guess 7th-UDFA as of now.

S: Caleb Campbell, Army. Too lazy to do a SS/FS split right now. As of now, Campbell's probably still in that 6th round range. Good size/speed. Physical player. Has good intangibles, reportedly. Coverage is a concern, but he's a strong safety. Injuries could kick him to UDFA if there's something unknown.

Turtlepower
04-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Ryan Torain - Scott has him listed as a Late Round / FA, and I think he could actually be an every down back in the NFL some day, he just needs to end up in the right situation

Rock on with that choice!!!!!

Sigmund Bloom
04-04-2008, 11:14 AM
WR: Edward Williams, Lane. Not as good as the last Lane product (Jacoby Jones), but Edward has some tools to work with. He's got a good size/speed ratio (6'3" 205, low-mid 4.5 time) and looks to be a fluid player. Had a 37 vertical and a 10'3" broad. In a class where the WR depth is good, he might go undrafted, but he should get an invite at the very least, I think.

Nice list - want to add this on Williams:

I really wanted to believe in Williams after Jacoby Jones told us "he might be better than me", but for all his tools, Williams doesn't seem to know how to harness them. He looked slow and deliberate at the TX vs the Nation practices. He was unsure of himself and it's hard to pick out anything good from his performance. If he hangs out on a practice squad and works hard, the tools could be unlocked down the line, but we came away disappointed, because we were definitely ready to feature him on our show, but guys like Danny Amendola, JayMar Johnson, and even Lance Leggett showed more than Williams. If we were to go deeper from that game, I would even say Darrell Blackman, Bruce Hocker (who was also disappointing) and Jeron Harvey rated higher than Williams.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I really like Brad Cottam, TE, Tennessee. He looks like he could be a nice weapon for some teams, also as an added bonus he has the size to bulk up and possible move to the offensive line if things don't work out at TE.

lionsfan81
04-04-2008, 12:24 PM
RB- Definitely Jalen Parmele. The guy will be a starter in the league or at the very least the #2 RB with lots of reps. Also really like Thomas Brown. Obviously if he stays healthy he will be a huge steal, but it's kind of a big if.

QB- I too like Erik Ainge 2-3 years down the road if he bulks up and gets some good coaching

TE- I like Cottam if he can stay healthy

S- Obviously Jamie Silva. The guy just makes plays and reads defenses better than anyone. Speed will be a problem for him, but he will at least be a beast on special teams. Another guy I like is Haruki Nakamura, the guy is just tough.

TheBuffaloBills
04-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I have always been a big Lamar Myles fan

holt_bruce81
04-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Darren Mcfadden! Just kidding I'm going with Kansas State WR Jordy Nelson. He's amazing and I can't see a team taking him on the first day.

According to this site, he's the next Jerry Rice.

lordquas
04-04-2008, 09:42 PM
i like danny woodhead from chadron state. hes short but was crazy productive against d2. im feelin woodhead to baltimore in the 7th

BufFan71
04-05-2008, 01:50 PM
i think Lamar Myles

the guy is athletic for a LB, but also VERY strong
great fit for a tampa 2 team

katnip
04-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Curtis Lofton. Oklahoma's big play LB.

Smokey Joe
04-05-2008, 02:41 PM
My two favorite are Haruki Nakamura and Thaddeus Coleman.

KCJ58
04-05-2008, 02:46 PM
my sleeper team

QB: Sam Keller (Nebraska)
RB: Thomas Brown (Georgia)
FB: Michael Cox (Georgia Tech)
WR: Taj Smith (Syracuse)
TE: Craig Stevens (California)
OT: Demetrius Bell (Northwestern State)
OG: Drew Radovich (USC)
C: Jeff Cavender (Boise State)
DE: Kenny Iwebema (Iowa)
DT: Carlton Powell (Virginia Tech)
OLB: Stanford Keglar (Purdue)
ILB: Joseph Brockington (Notre Dame)
CB: Jack Williams (Kent State)
S: Simeon Castille (Alabama)

lordquas
04-05-2008, 05:27 PM
My two favorite are Haruki Nakamura and Thaddeus Coleman.
haruki is gunna be known as the best safety from this class

Smokey Joe
04-06-2008, 09:58 AM
I think Haruki is going to be a 5th or 4th round pick... if not higher.

DraftKidWonder
04-06-2008, 08:02 PM
My mini sleeper is Xavier Adibi, but my super sleeper is Paul Hubbard. He is a wide out out of Wisconsin that is 6'4 and ran a 4.38 40. I think Kendall Langford will excell as a 3-4 end.

lordquas
04-06-2008, 08:12 PM
i think quentin groves will have a better career than vernon gholston and a lot of teams are gunna wish they got this guy in the 1st.

Geo
04-06-2008, 08:15 PM
I like Hubbard's former teammate and fellow Badgers receiver Luke Swan. I think he'll be a late-round pick that could be something, similar to Brandon Stokley maybe.

sprawwl
04-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Two guys I'm partial to:

Pig Brown, S, Missouri
This kid was pretty terrific when he was playing, but he screwed up his leg and might not even get picked (6th-7th if he does). If he gets healthy, he'll be a starter. Had a 101-yard fumble return and an interception against Illinois

Ben Moffitt, ILB, USF
White guy who put up big numbers, including 4 INT last year; he's tough as anything. Should be a 5th-6th round pick; at the very least, he'll be blowing guys up on special teams, and he could come through as a pretty solid MLB

MidwayMonster31
04-06-2008, 10:39 PM
I just heard of this guy today. Ryan O'Hara, quarterback from Central Oklahoma has the stuff to be a good quarterback.
He transferred from Arizona, don't really know why. But if you look him up on Youtube, he makes all of these great throws. Brett Favre would be a decent comparison.

Joeyjr09
04-06-2008, 10:55 PM
How did this change from a sleeper thread to a name your favorite prospect thread?

Not many sleepers listed in here. In fact, I'm willing to bet that if we came back after the draft, more people on these lists will go before round 4 then after round 4.

Sleepers are late round picks that you think could succeed at the next level. Not guys that you think are gonna get drafted higher then their stock says.

Colston was a sleeper. A late round impact guy. Ted Ginn was a guy that got drafted higher then people thought. It's two different things.

I mean forreal Ben Moffitt? J Leman? William Franklin? Erik Ainge? Jordy Nelson? Xavier Adibi? Since when are these guys sleepers? Everyone knows about these guys. They are all very solid prospects and guys that look like they will all get drafted before round 5.

I mean I've even seen Curtis Lofton and Quentin Groves list on here.

I think people misunderstoof the thread. Instead of posting sleepers they posted the guys they thought would get drafted higher then most think.

swollja
04-06-2008, 11:12 PM
i think josh johnson has just as good of a shot as being a good starting qb as ryan or flacco or brohm. well maybe not as good of a shot because whoever drafts ryan is gonna be forced to throw him out there because of how much money he'll be paid, but if everybody was on even playing field, like say all go to the same team, jj would be winning out that qb battle.