PDA

View Full Version : DRC vs T Newman

swollja
03-22-2008, 09:13 PM
coming into the draft, who was/is a better prospect? i don't remember newmans numbers or antyhing but I remember he either tore up the combine and his proday, much like drc is.

"CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (6-1 3/8, 182): Had a 37 -inch vertical jump, 10-foot 11-inch long jump, 4.14 short shuttle, 6.63 cone drill, ran position drills and kept his combine numbers for everything else. Offered to run the 40, but was told it was not necessary. Dallas sent two people to videotape his workout."

that's from nfl.com, how often are scouts so impressed that they say don't worry about running the 40 again?

AND people were talking about newman going #1 to the bengals for a little bit.

how bad of an idea is it for the fins to take drc that low? or being taken anywhere in the top 3. so far he looks like the real deal. or atleast the safest bet to be a shutdown cb since newman was drafted. and it doesnt hurt that newman has done well. heck, antonio cromartie having a probowl year helps too (not that much but still).

Jakey
03-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Top 3 would be rediculous, top 10 would be risky IMO. His grade is about a mid 1st right now, but he could allways go higher.

BaLLiN
03-22-2008, 09:18 PM
in no way is DRC the closest thing to a shutdown CB since newman was drafted. DRC is flashy in the sense he's tall, fast, has good hands and jumping ability aka a physical freak and ties to the NFL (Antonio Cromartie). But he didn't play with good competition and he doesn't weigh that much for his size. He is still a developmental player.

I'd put Darrelle Revis ahead of DRC as far as being a shutdown CB prospect for sure.

schmiddog
03-22-2008, 09:22 PM
ummm

T New

And it ain't even close

TACKLE
03-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Even if DRC ended up being the next Champ Bailey, no CB is worth the #1 overall pick. Primetime was one of best and most athletically gifted players ever to come into the league and he was taken #5. Swollja, I think you're getting a little carried away with his measurables and forgetting that this guy was a Div 1AA CB. Don't get me wrong but he has huge potential but he's not even the consensus Top CB in the draft, let alone worth a Top 3 pick.

Staubach12
03-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Newman, definitely. And there is no way DRC is picked in the top 5.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Newman, no question.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Newman. His only negative was his age (24?, 25?) coming out

TheBuffaloBills
03-22-2008, 11:25 PM
How old was Newman when he came into the draft. I remember he was a 24 or 25 year old rookie in Madden. I wonder if they screwed up or was he really a bit older than most rookies

TheBuffaloBills
03-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Newman. His only negative was his age (24?, 25?) coming out

Wow, you posted it right when I asked the question.