PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Cuts Arm In Tv Mishap

SaintsFanForLife
03-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Receiver Brandon Marshall is, by all appearances, poised to become an elite NFL receiver.

To make it happen in 2008, however, he’ll have to overcome a non-football injury that he recently suffered.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Marshall slipped and fell at his home and stuck his arm through a television set. Marshall was treated and released at a local hospital, where he received stitches in his arm.

Maybe the given explanation is the truth, but it’s hard not to be skeptical. In the past, multiple pro athletes have gotten themselves hurt at home — and then they’ve offered up flimsy excuses as to what really happened.

We’ve got a feeling that there’s more to this particular story. Maybe we’ll find out more, possibly with the aid of Coach Kevlar’s polygraph machine.

SaintsFanForLife
03-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Who just slips and puts there arm through a TV...I wonder what really happend.

BaLLiN
03-22-2008, 09:48 PM
maybe he was playing Wii...

703SKINS202
03-22-2008, 09:49 PM
cuts arm while slipping and running into a tv AKA punched a tv

my best friend did it, had a nasty long scar on his arm now but dont think it will affect him

Im_a_Romosexual
03-22-2008, 10:11 PM
he had Duke in the tourney

B-Dawk
03-22-2008, 10:33 PM
i doubt this because i imagine he has a flat-screen and i don't see those doing much damage

Cashmoney
03-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Unless this guy has an old-school TV with antannes I highly doubt he got a serious injury from his TV.

regoob2
03-22-2008, 10:50 PM
His wife ducked.

bantx
03-22-2008, 11:01 PM
the tv hit him

etk
03-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Remember Brian Griese missing a start for the Broncos when he "tripped over his dog". The dog was in the process of eating his playbook.

Staubach12
03-22-2008, 11:08 PM
JBond and I determined that he slapped a high woman into the TV while on a roid rage.

Staubach12
03-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Remember Brian Griese missing a start for the Broncos when he "tripped over his dog". The dog was in the process of eating his playbook.

It was the dog from the never ending story. That's a serious injury.

BeerBaron
03-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Unless this guy has an old-school TV with antannes I highly doubt he got a serious injury from his TV.

aye, thats what i was thinking too. even if hes only on his rookie contract and is making like, 700k a years, thats more than enough to get a fantastic plasma tv.

i think something else happened.......something he wouldnt want people knowing

Hawk
03-23-2008, 01:36 AM
Wife threw TV at him. Marshall tried to catch it.

nobodyinparticular
03-23-2008, 01:37 AM

That man's gotta learn how to put women in their place.

...the kitchen.

Cashmoney
03-23-2008, 01:38 AM

Yea, when he caught it he thought he scored a TD so he spiked it and the glass cut his arm. It sounds legit.

A Perfect Score
03-23-2008, 01:41 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!!!!hehehehehehehehehehehe he was prolly drunk...like me...it sucks dor brincos fanbs though, caue he i s an up and cominf sstr....too bad, wish ihm wlel.

nobodyinparticular
03-23-2008, 01:41 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!!!!hehehehehehehehehehehe he was prolly drunk...like me...it sucks dor brincos fanbs though, caue he i s an up and cominf sstr....too bad, wish ihm wlel.

Wow. That was a fun post...

Cashmoney
03-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Wow. That was a fun post...

You should check out his posts in the movie discussion thread. He created quite a few new words. :)

A Perfect Score
03-23-2008, 01:51 AM
s didint create new wrods just chensge d the ones that were alreayd there...**** beer lol muahahahahha anwayysy cutting yousrefl on e TB os [ravtcaitlly i,[ossible, it takes a severe lack of agansf eye coodrinstion, i dunno how someone can do itr. but marsahall is a stud. hopefully he comes back dtonsgf for the broncos. adn my ravens dont playu thtem at all lol

Cashmoney
03-23-2008, 01:55 AM
s didint create new wrods just chensge d the ones that were alreayd there...**** beer lol muahahahahha anwayysy cutting yousrefl on e TB os [ravtcaitlly i,[ossible, it takes a severe lack of agansf eye coodrinstion, i dunno how someone can do itr. but marsahall is a stud. hopefully he comes back dtonsgf for the broncos. adn my ravens dont playu thtem at all lol

Shhhhhh......

Time to lay down and go to sleep. Good Night APS.

d34ng3l021
03-23-2008, 01:59 AM
Why dont women need driving licenses?

There are no roads between the kitchen and bedroom.

A Perfect Score
03-23-2008, 02:08 AM
Shhhhhh......

Time to lay down and go to sleep. Good Night APS.

night cmdmmmmmc...hehehee punchign q TV

nobodyinparticular
03-23-2008, 02:09 AM
Why dont women need driving licenses?

There are no roads between the kitchen and bedroom.

Got that right. (although I'd heard the kitchen and laundry room)

Crickett
03-23-2008, 02:13 AM
He was Beta testing the new Thor game for the Wii with the experimental Wii-giant hammer. He overdid it a bit and ended up flinging himself into his television.

Modano
03-23-2008, 03:56 AM
Imo, there's just one explanation: Brandon Marshall is an emo. His agent is covering the story.

Yatta!
03-23-2008, 05:34 AM
Haha this thread just reminded me of some classic none sports related injuries. These are some soccer ones:
Rio Ferdinand strained a ligament by resting his feet on the coffee table too long.
A Charlton player fell through a glass table whilst playing with his daughter.
Everton goalkeeper Richard Wright fell out of his loft a few years ago.
Santiago Canizares couldn't play in the World Cup because he dropped a bottle of aftershave on his foot.
Then my absolute favourite a Swedish player once collided with a moose when out jogging in the morning.

If those are all true, it wouldn't surprise me if Marshall did just have an accident.

Addict
03-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Haha this thread just reminded me of some classic none sports related injuries. These are some soccer ones:
Rio Ferdinand strained a ligament by resting his feet on the coffee table too long.
A Charlton player fell through a glass table whilst playing with his daughter.
Everton goalkeeper Richard Wright fell out of his loft a few years ago.
Santiago Canizares couldn't play in the World Cup because he dropped a bottle of aftershave on his foot.
Then my absolute favourite a Swedish player once collided with a moose when out jogging in the morning.

If those are all true, it wouldn't surprise me if Marshall did just have an accident.

There was also one English player who fell off a chair and broke his arm (not sure but I believe it was in two places). It's absolutely possible this is nothing but an accident.

TimD
03-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Imo, there's just one explanation: Brandon Marshall is an emo. His agent is covering the story.

haha that's the best reason

the decider13
03-23-2008, 10:05 AM
this is just what I need...I have enough worries about the broncos and the draft. Now our one stud is an emo. Great.

A Perfect Score
03-23-2008, 10:19 AM
this is just what I need...I have enough worries about the broncos and the draft. Now our one stud is an emo. Great.

he isnt your only stud...you have the ever young John Lynch. He can play WR for you too. Cause hes amazing.

Hawk
03-23-2008, 10:29 AM
he isnt your only stud...you have the ever young John Lynch. He can play WR for you too. Cause hes amazing.

Feeling better there chief?

A Perfect Score
03-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Feeling better there chief?

lol nope, now im hung over...i was feeling great when i was hammered...and i definately felldown my stairs, and my back now has a hgue bruise. I am very sore...to go along with the hungoverness. Ive been reading some of my posts, and i raelly need to learn to spell when im drunk hahaha

Addict
03-23-2008, 02:35 PM
lol nope, now im hung over...i was feeling great when i was hammered...and i definately felldown my stairs, and my back now has a hgue bruise. I am very sore...to go along with the hungoverness. Ive been reading some of my posts, and i raelly need to learn to spell when im drunk hahaha

I absolutely loved your posts though. Hope the back heals well. Was it a good night?

BeerBaron
03-23-2008, 02:47 PM
apparently the marshall story now is that he stepped on a mcdonalds bag, slipped, and tried to catch himself by extending his arm into his entertainment center and put it through his tv.

i bet he was just drunk, lol

03-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Marshall must have been too drunk to remember anyways.

A Perfect Score
03-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I absolutely loved your posts though. Hope the back heals well. Was it a good night?

lol i was reading them, and they were pretty hilarious...and let me tell you, it was a great night. Started out pounding 12 tall boys, then hit up a few clubs and bars, by the time i got home, i was not in good condition thats when i fell down the stairs. Ive played football since i was 8 years old, ive been in dozens of street fights, and i dont think ive ever been in this much pain. My housemates told me i fell really hard lol, which i totally believe.

Brodeur
03-23-2008, 03:15 PM
At least he didn't destroy a sliding glass door.

Primetime21
03-23-2008, 03:24 PM
ive been in dozens of street fights

Badass alert.

On the topic of funny injuries I remember a couple years back when Jake Plummer broke his foot getting off a couch. That was pretty ridiculous.

A Perfect Score
03-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Badass alert.

On the topic of funny injuries I remember a couple years back when Jake Plummer broke his foot getting off a couch. That was pretty ridiculous.

well i meant fights outside bars, parties, tussles, etc. But honest, my back is killing me right now...i dont understand how it hurts so much. Im not happy about that at all. This just further increases my hatred for socks...if i hadnt been wearing them, i wouldnt have slipped on the hardwood. Stupid socks.

Modano
03-23-2008, 05:28 PM
well i meant fights outside bars, parties, tussles, etc. But honest, my back is killing me right now...i dont understand how it hurts so much. Im not happy about that at all. This just further increases my hatred for socks...if i hadnt been wearing them, i wouldnt have slipped on the hardwood. Stupid socks.

I feel for you. I almost torned my ACL falling down stairs while I was drunk, a couple of years ago.
Look at the bright side: at least we're not emo like Brandon Marshall.

PackerLegend
03-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow this story just gets better and better...........

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Brandon Marshall's arm-through-the TV injury occurred when he slipped on an empty McDonalds bag.

Happens to the best of 'em. Marshall apparently tried to brace his fall with his arm and put it through the television entertainment center. "It's funny because I pride myself on YAC (yards after catch) and being one of the toughest players to take down once I have the ball in my hands," Marshall said. "So for the next couple of days I'm going to take the time to build my confidence back up after allowing that McDonalds bag to take me down." His arm will be in a cast for two weeks. It's uncertain how many stitches he needed.

SaintsFanForLife
03-24-2008, 06:44 PM
per pft
MARSHALL SEVERED ARTERY, TENDONS, NERVE
Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2008, 7:21 p.m.
We knew there was more to the bizarre Brandon “I’ll Say I Slipped On A McDonald’s Bag Because No One Will Believe I Slipped On A Banana Peel” Marshall story.

And indeed there is.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Marshall seriously screwed up his right arm when he supposedly slipped on a paper bag from McDonald’s and crashed his arm into a television entertainment center.

As it turns out, Marshall didn’t slip on a bag. Per Schefter, Marshall admitted to the team that he was wrestling with family members when the incident occurred.

Maybe coach Mike Shanahan suggested that Marshall’s version of the events would be subjected to a polygraph test, and that Marshall opted not to try to beat the machine.

SaintsFanForLife
03-24-2008, 06:46 PM
That version is a little better than the MCDonalds bag version..

BeerBaron
03-24-2008, 06:59 PM
i wonder if "wrestling" means screwing around or if it means like....serious fight going on there.

the difference could be huge

wiscbadgerfootball
03-24-2008, 07:00 PM

"Then I slit his wrist... VERTICALLY!"

props to anyone who gets the quote

JayCtlerBMarshConect9
03-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Brandon Marshall is going to be the greatest reciever of all time, with a TV through his arm or not he will lead the Broncos to multiple super bowl championships

mqtirishfan
03-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Got that right. (although I'd heard the kitchen and laundry room)

Dude, who wants to get their rocks off on a washing machine?

KCJ58
03-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Brandon Marshall is going to be the greatest reciever of all time, with a TV through his arm or not he will lead the Broncos to multiple super bowl championships

Brandon Marshall = Javon Walker

etk
03-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Brandon Marshall = Javon Walker

Care to explain?

KCJ58
03-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Care to explain?

nope......

SaintsFanForLife
03-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Broncos WR Brandon Marshall's arm injury to sideline him up to 4 months

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2008-03-25-733056977_x.htm

WMD
03-26-2008, 02:09 PM
He should sue McDonalds for not having slip resistant bags.

Cashmoney
03-26-2008, 04:48 PM
He should sue McDonalds for not having slip resistant bags.

He should sue his maid.