PDA

View Full Version : OL Mike Martinez/DL Greyson Gunheim

nobodyinparticular
03-23-2008, 02:44 AM
What's up with Greyson Gunheim? The man put up totally beastly numbers in every category in the Washington Pro Day. 36-inch vert, 4.58 40, 6.78 3-cone and 28 reps. At 6-5 268 lbs. Ridiculous numbers. And he's not ranked?

And Mike Martinez from New Mexico State is apparently getting interest from some teams. (Cards, Colts, Raiders) Any info on him? New Mexico State runs a somewhat zone blocking scheme right? Running the spread or spread option? I haven't gotten to catch many of their games and I many very well be confusing them with U of New Mexico. Basically, I'm asking whether or not their linemen have to be small, quick and mobile.

Babylon
03-23-2008, 02:03 PM
To me Gunheim plays slower than his forty time would indicate and he doesnt dominate his blocker. Obviously he will get a shot and could find work in the NFL if he continues to get stronger.

Primetime21
03-23-2008, 02:08 PM
To me Gunheim plays slower than his forty time would indicate and he doesnt dominate his blocker. Obviously he will get a shot and could find work in the NFL if he continues to get stronger.

Ya really doesn't make the impact his numbers would indicate. Maybe with better coaching he could turn into a decent player in the NFL but with out some serious coaching all he is was a hyped up recruit that disappointed many Husky fans.

Pittbc7
03-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Gunheim's career numbers in college were not all that bad and compare favorably to many of Scott's top 10 DE's. I think he warrants 4-5th round consideration.

His career numbers are :139 total tackles (85 ua, 54 a), 37.5 tackles for loss and 18 sacks.