PDA

View Full Version : MICH Fans.... Chris Graham talk.

IndyColtScout
03-24-2008, 08:20 PM
OK I am very interested in Chris Graham. I watch a lot of Michigan games, but not every game. Anyways, this guy had a great pro day. I think he is the protypical Colts LB (size,speed).

However I want to know some details on this guy. Ability to drop back in pass situations? Did he play mostly ILB in 3-4? When MICH made the D transition, how did this effect Graham? Did he stay inside or move outside? Has Graham played OLB? How bad is his injury history?

Anyone who's team is a primary cover 2 defense, Chris Graham is a prime target for a sleeper cover 2 LB.

IndyColtScout
03-24-2008, 08:24 PM
and Yes I know he is from Indianapolis, IN and went to local HS Warren Central. I played against him in HS. I want to know about his MICH career, because I didn't follow it a ton.

P-L
03-24-2008, 10:55 PM
He didn't play much in his first three years. In 2006, he was the backup for Prescott Burgess and he started in the Rose Bowl against USC, but didn't play well. Last season he was the starter at WLB but did split time with Brandon Logan and Jonas Mouton. When he played last season, he was decent. Had some pretty good numbers, despite being average on the field.

He did have an excellent Pro Day though, like you said. Had a 31" vertical, put up 37 reps on the bench, and ran a 4.55 40 yard dash. I really don't think he'll get drafted, but I wouldn't be surprised if some team took him in the 6th or 7th Round because of his workout.

Michigan
03-25-2008, 11:05 AM
He's a huge hitter but can't cover. Never really played up to his potential...

draftguru151
03-25-2008, 01:29 PM
I actually thought about him as a full back. I think the Packers drafted a LB last year and made him a FB. I wonder if any teams are considering that.

IndyColtScout
03-25-2008, 02:46 PM
I actually thought about him as a full back. I think the Packers drafted a LB last year and made him a FB. I wonder if any teams are considering that.

It's a possibility, but like I said I believe any team running the cover 2 shell as their main set will probably look at this guy as a day 2 LB. There should be a lot of teams interested in a guy who's workout would have ranked:

#1 in Bench reps for a LB (combine and pro day)
top 5 in forty time at 4.55 for a LB (maybe lower; combine and pro day)
top 10 in vertical jump for LB's (combine and pro day)

So a LB with speed, explosion, strong, and can hit. I'de at least let him try to stick at LB before making a switch to FB.

Maybe I am crazy but this guy is a top sleeper.

etk
03-25-2008, 03:15 PM

I agree (him at FB). Graham is a poor man's Buster Davis IMO. Never impressed me on the field like Davis did though.

IndyColtScout
03-25-2008, 03:22 PM
I agree (him at FB). Graham is a poor man's Buster Davis IMO. Never impressed me on the field like Davis did though.

I understand you opinion but I disagree. The trick of the draft is finding players who have yet to peak. Buster Davis might have peaked is final few years at FSU. At the same time, Davis numbers prove he is not the same type of athlete that Graham is. Graham wasn't even close to the player Buster Davis was in college though.

So here's the trick, has Graham peaked or has coaching changed with the D stunted the football growth of Graham?

I think with the right team and scheme that Graham is a great developmental LB, and I think he compares favorably to now starting SSLB for the Colts Tyjaun Hagler.