PDA

View Full Version : 1st Round Pick

Yung Flippa
02-25-2007, 08:47 PM
I think that our 1st Round Pick is Set Between Two Positions Unless Someone great drops to us

I think that we will be picking either a DE/OLB
or Someone to Help The O-Line

I Think We Should Go Anthony Spencer 1st Round
And Still Get Someone Like Josh Beekman in the Second Round

Ravens1991
02-25-2007, 09:15 PM
I actually think we can go numerous ways. This is how I could see us going.

1st- OLB/DE
Players that we may pick: Anthony Spencer, Jarvis Moss
2nd- 34 DE/ 43 DE/DT
Ray McDonald, Francis from Hawaii

or we could go offense and go like this.
1st-Oline
Players: Ben Grubbs, Sears, Blaylock
2nd-RB
Players: Tony Hunt, Kenny Irons

Yung Flippa
02-25-2007, 09:22 PM
I That Second Round For Tony Hunt Is Kinda High
I Think We Could Get Him In The 3rd Round

Ravens1991
02-25-2007, 09:25 PM
not sure, does anybody know how he ran at the combine?

YouNeverKnow
02-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm not so sure, usually BPA seems to prevail with the Ravens. Almost any position is able to improved or be drafted to be a future replacement.

QB - Is Boller the answer? I doubt they will draft a QB round one, but you never really know.

RB - Even if Lewis comes back he's not likely to be a long term answer. Anderson is older and Smith is very injury prone.

FB - If Mughelli isn't resigned then is Green the answer? Not going to be a number one pick though.

WR - Are Clayton and Williams are future #1 and #2 or are they more likely #2 and #3. A speedster like Ginn Jr could also be a good slot receiver and returner if Sams isn't resigned.

TE - Doubtful that they would draft anyone here with Heap being one of the best Tight Ends and having good depth here.

T - If Ogden retires and Pashos leaves we only have one starter possible in Terry, and no depth whatsoever.

G - Mule and Vincent are both replaceable and Mule isn't likely to be around for too many more years. Brown is going to be a good Guard but Chester is likely to be a Center, which would leave a need.

C - Flynn is hopefully going to be a backup this year, but if Chester is best suited for guard a Center may be a need.

DE - Suggs is going to be a member or the Ravens for a long time, Pryce is an older vet and doesn't have many years left. If a Primary 3-4 is coming again they will need a good 3-4 end or if 4-3 then another end opposite with Suggs.

DT - Ngata will either be the nose in a 3-4 or 4-3 it doesn't matter. Gregg is getting older, Bannan is a good alternate. Still could draft for the future since DT often takes awhile to develop.

OLB - Need to replace Thomas and Scott is only signed for 2 more years. The type of scheme might depend on what type of linebacker we pick.

MLB - Lewis is getting old, and only has 2 years left. Smith and Haley are solid backups but I don't think they are starter material.

CB - Drafted a lot of lower round talent / undrafted players to compete for te dime spot last year. Rolle isn't as bad as people make him out to be but he will be replaced within the next year or two. If the FO doesn't think any of our young CB's have #2 potential we could draft a CB in round one.

S - Reed and Landry are studs for the next few years. Only thing that is needed is depth and safety depth isn't a first round pick.

QB, RB, WR, T, G, C, DE, DT, OLB, LB, CB are all potential picks for the first round if the right situation arises. I would agree that OLB or Offensive line are the most likely, along with cornerback.

Yung Flippa
02-25-2007, 09:45 PM
WR - Are Clayton and Williams are future #1 and #2 or are they more likely #2 and #3. A speedster like Ginn Jr could also be a good slot receiver and returner if Sams isn't resigned.

CB - Drafted a lot of lower round talent / undrafted players to compete for te dime spot last year. Rolle isn't as bad as people make him out to be but he will be replaced within the next year or two. If the FO doesn't think any of our young CB's have #2 potential we could draft a CB in round one.

1)Clayton & Williams Are Our Future Stars
We Can Probably get Someone Like Dallas Baker in the later rounds
And No Possible Way Ted Ginn Is Going To Fall To US

2)I Think This Year Or The Year After Daivd Pittman Will Become Our 2nd CB; People are Doubting Him But he Has All The Potenial
And As Far As Safety We Can Either Just Re-Sign Gerome Sapp Or Draft Someone in the Late Round

YouNeverKnow
02-25-2007, 09:51 PM
1)Clayton & Williams Are Our Future Stars
We Can Probably get Someone Like Dallas Baker in the later rounds
And No Possible Way Ted Ginn Is Going To Fall To US

2)I Think This Year Or The Year After Daivd Pittman Will Become Our 2nd CB; People are Doubting Him But he Has All The Potenial
And As Far As Safety We Can Either Just Re-Sign Gerome Sapp Or Draft Someone in the Late Round

I would like to resign Sapp since he is a good backup and a strong special teams player but I think they need to draft another backup as well, someone who is more of a cover safety.

There have been weirder things then Ginn falling down. If he has a poor pro day or others have great days they could easily pass him in many teams eyes. I don't think he will fall, but he possibly could.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Ill do em in order of the Top 5 guys I would want if they were available.

1. Marshawn Lynch
2. Justin Blalock
3. Sidney Rice
4. Ryan Kalil (I really like him, and I think this could keep Chester at OG where he performed well this past season)
5. Joe Staley

Yung Flippa
02-25-2007, 10:30 PM
1.I Would Love To Have Marshawn Also But All Indications Are Pointing That Green Bay Will Be Picking Him Up
2. Blalock Would Be My Ideal Pick For A O-Lineman
3. Sidney Rice Will Probably Be At Our Pick But Doubt We Are Going To Draft Him
4. Kalil Would Be A Great Pick Also

ccB
02-25-2007, 10:35 PM
not sure, does anybody know how he ran at the combine?

He didnt run

BigDawg819
02-26-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm thinking in the 1st will someone from this group:

Arron Sears
Ben Grubbs
Anthony Spencer
Charles Johnson
Patrick Willis
Dwayne Bowe?

But I reserve the right to change that list after this afternoon's workouts...

ccB
02-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Players I'd like in the 1st...

Jarvis Moss
Anthony Spencer
Charles Johnson
Patrick Willis
Robert Meachem
Dwayne Jarrett
Dwayne Bowe
Ted Ginn Jr
Jon Beason
Tony Ugoh
Marshawn Lynch ( i can dream cant I)
Chris Houston
Josh Wilson (I expect him to run a 4.32 and be very impressive tommorow but by saying this Im probably setting him up to fail)
Marcus McCauley (love his atleticism and size reminds me of CMac v2)

A player im starting to warm up to is Brandon Merrieweather. I know we are set at safety but he could be a CB/S hybrid player. He could provide depth at S and start at Nickel. Hes a playmaker and could turn into the next Ed Reed. I wouldnt be pissed to get him in the 1st. If he runs a low 4.4 I think we should jump all over him.

ChefMike
03-01-2007, 08:32 PM
I agree with most of you that we might look great on Paper to 90% of the league but we need young quality depth. I think that Texas Tech Guard Ramirez (40 reps of 225lbs over 320lbs good Physical Specimen) is a good 2nd rd or 3rd rd pick up for us if we can't scoop up Blalock in the 1st. I think the depth in the secondary in the draft and at DE we can pick up someone in the 1st 3 rds. Knowing that we are, barring injury, going to have a pick in the late 1st rd again next season I wouldn't be apposed to trading next years pick to either pick up an extra 2nd this year and next or trade this years 1st and next years 1st to get in to the Top 12 in the draft to get another High Impact player like we did the year we got T-Sizzle... I think that someone like a Levi Brown or a Jamaal Anderson could slip to 10-15 and if we could move up there that would be a huge win in the draft...