PDA

View Full Version : Coach Signups

neko4
03-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Coach signups:
Name:
Philosophy:
Experience/bio:
2 Coaches you are bringing with you: (Make 2 coaches, 1 offense, 1 defense, to be your positional coaches. Give a brief description of them too)

PM me if you want your coach to join either Philly, New Orleans, Chicago, Houston, or Denver

PM ATL if you want to join NY, Miami, LA, Vegas, or Hawaii
He wont be on until later

When you send PM it should look like:
Subject: (Team name here)
Body: Coach (Your coach's name) wants to join this team. I think i would be a good fit because...

If you are selected as a head coaches, then you and your two other coaches will join that team. If you are selected as an assitant than your two coaches will not join the team

Hines
03-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Name: Cameron Harris
College:Arizona State
Philosophy: I run a base 3-4 defense with zone blitzes. My defense has to be big, fast, athletic and aggressive. My secondary has to have great size, speed and ball skills. I love to blitz and have a whole bunch of blitz packages that offfenses will go crazy about. I run a finese, power offense (basically an old Steeler team with Jerome, and the Colts). I run a lot of 4 Wide sets with a X reciever(big, possession type of reciever), Z reciever(small, quick, deep threat), S reciever(slot guy with great hands and quickness), and a Y reciever( tight end/h-back of reciever). I like two running backs, one guy who is small who can catch and has great speed, but I also like the big bruiser who carries the load and gets the tough yardage. My base offense is normally a one back, three reciever set, but I do like to have four recievers sometimes. I believe the team builds on threw the trenches and a franchise quarterback. The defense is built by a shutdown corner, and a pass rusher. I run a 60-40 pass/run ratio.

Experience/bio: 3 years on ASU, Dline coach(coached Terrell Suggs), 1 year as Penn States O Cord.
2 Coaches you are bringing with you:

Jacob Flint- He will be my offensive cordinator. He was a quarterback in college, but was too small to play d1. Smart and loves football. He was a coach at LSU and I heard nothing but good things about him when talking to Saben. Interviewing him was a blessing as he showed great football savy and knew what he wanted, and wanted to run this offense with me.

Jack Lambert- He will be my defensive cordinator. He was an All-Pro linebacker back in the day and he has that smash-mouth demenor that I really, really like. He just wants to hit you, and keep hitting you in the mouth untill you are not breathing, and even then he wants to hit you some more. I think he can be a motivator and a great teacher in teaching these players my defense and he will bring the best out of them to help us have the best defense in the league.

scottyboy
03-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Name: Brian Rice
College: Where do you think?
Philosophy: strong D. Heavy blitzing, smash mouth style football on both sides of the ball. Old school late 80's/early 90's Giants. Hit hard and often. Good with the players, as he respects them and they respect his tough style
Experience/bio:
The DC at Rutgers for the past 9 years. Taking that job is an accomplishment in its self, as the current DC is Schiano. Schiano focused more on O and all around stuff like plays and recruiting as he fully trusted in Rice.

Rice was born and raised in Jersey and has loved football and basically all sports since birth. Never had a hard knock life. Attended Rutgers, the same place where he led an incredibly stout D, where the school garnered 5 national championships during that time.
Coordinators-
O: "Sugar" Ray Leonard- good ol' sugar is beloved by backs. He gives them tons of carries, and loves to rotate his backs with mixing up speed and power. He loves to run and will stick to his gameplan. Will use short routes ala slants and short outs and curls. Uses run to set up trick plays and big playaction plays.

D: Lawrence Armstead: Loves him some LB's and pass rushers. His group, especially front 7, will always be the most feared in the league, especially by QB's. He wants his guys to hit, run, blitz and hit some more. With a decent pass rush, he'll turn a sub-par groub of LB's into super stars, with ease. Tends to lose focus with the secondary, but follows the current Giants gameplan of quick front 7 that hits hard, and gets to the QB. Loves to mix it up with zone blitzes.

I will pm either neko or ATL after my lax practicec around 5:30-6ish

Tampa 2 4 life
03-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Name: Thomas Beeline
College: University of South Carolina
Philosophy: Cover/Tampa 2 defense. Needs good edge pass rushers, pass rushing DT and a filler NT, athletic LBers who can make plays, and DBers with good vision who can tackle. On offense, I like to use the run to set up the pass in my west coast offense, maulers on the O-Line and an athletic QB are musts, I like possesion WR but I keep around a speedster to stretch out the defense, I like balanced TEs who can catch and block, and I run a dual backfield with a pounder and a speedster.
Experience/bio: 3 years as the head coach at JuCo Pearl River.
4 years OC at South Carolina.
2 years OC in the NFL.
2 Coaches you are bringing with you: (Make 2 coaches, 1 offense, 1 defense, to be your positional coaches. Give a brief description of them too)

OC: Timothy Brightback(68 years of age) - An old school coach who likes Offensive Lines like his dinner: Lots of beef. He emphasizes a power running game and just does enough in his passing game to get by. Is well known in coaching circles as one of the last old-school football coaches left.

DC: Harry Jenkins(42 years of age) - The #1 thing he works on with his defense is causing turnovers. He uses a bend don't break Defense that lets the offense get yards, but not score. He emphases pass rushing skills in his D-Line, and Route cutting ability in his Defensive backs and LBers. New school coach who always tweaks his gameplans.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Coach Name: Amp Charizma
Areas of Coaching Expertise: Overall Team Management, Strategy
Coaching History (include playing history if applicable):
Age:19-22:4 Year Starting QB at Marshall (Knee injury ended NFL chances)
Age 24: Offensive Game Management Coach at Marshall
Age 25-28: QB Coach at Marshall
Age 29-32: Offensive Coordinator Florida
Age 33-34: Offensive Coordinator Arizona Cardinals
Coordinators Names and Coaching Methods & Systems:
Offensive Coordinator: Reggie Caldwell- Reggie and Amp share a very similar offensive strategy. “Feed the Studs” Basically, these guys take what they have, and make sure they can get it in the hands of the best players. Loves speed.
Defensive Coordinator: Ramon De Aza- While Amp has really learned defense throughout his various coaching stints, De Aza is the man who basically controls the defense. The best way to mess with a QB, is to get in his face. He runs a 4-3 base, but if he has a 4-3 DE, 3-4OLB, he likes to drop into the 3-4. Athletic pass rushers are something he can’t have enough of.
Most Important Player in Football History, and Why: Barry Sanders. What he could do on the football field was incredible. Very versatile, was a RB who could get it done without a monster O-Line.
Most Important Coach in Football History, and Why: Vince Lombardi. I’ll give you the simple version. This team is aiming to get what’s named after him. The man flat out reached the goal. He consistently won the SuperBowl. Only thing that matters.
Most Important Position on the Field, and Why: A franchise LT is unmatched. If you can get a Pace or Ogden, you are going to be able to open up your offense a lot more.
Why You Want this Job: I want a goddamn dynasty. The name Amp Charizma should be associated with champion by the end of my reign.
What You Expect from this Job: I expect to have a ring on every finger.
5 Players You Would Want to Draft:
What Your Goal is as a Head Coach in the USFFL: Form a dynasty that will go down as one of the best time. Consistently put the best team on the field. Tap into a players talent, and get the best of them.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3842/tomlin2tj6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

neko4
03-25-2008, 07:37 PM
like i said earlier
PM me if you want your coach to join either Philly, New Orleans, Chicago, Houston, or Denver

PM ATL if you want to join NY, Miami, LA, Vegas, or Hawaii
He wont be on until later

Their 4, 90+ players can be found on the other page

TimD
03-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Name: Gorden Wells

College: Penn State

Philosophy: Pass First Offense/3-4 Defense (based off the Patriots)

Experience/bio:
18-23 - Played QB at Penn State. Redshirted his first year. Started his last 3 years. 2 time All-Big Ten team.
24-27 - Brief stint in the NFL. He was drafted in the 6th round due to his football knowledge not his talent. Stayed in the NFL as a backup. After he was cut the team offered him a coaching job in the offense.
28 - Offensive Consultant
29-30 - QB Coach
31-32 - Offensive Coordinator

Jacob Belmont - 32 - Belmont was Wells' favorite wide receiver when they played together for 2 years. Belmont was so good because of his great route running and how he found the open parts in the defense. After college he bounced around practice squads until he finally tried the CFL. He had success there, but due to concussions he was forced to retire. When Wells' heard this he brought him in as his WR coach. Now Belmont is ready to run a pass-first offense. Wells and Belmont will help turn any QB-WR duo into pure magic.

Mitchell Hester - 51 - He brings the linebacker coach from his former team. This defensive mastermind is an expert on the 3-4. He runs a very aggressive defense in which linebackers are forced to be very athletic. He constantly mixes up blitzes sending linebackers or safeties. The offense is usually unable to adapt to the onslaught on blitzing.

OSUGiants17
03-26-2008, 08:38 PM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/OSUGiants/coach.jpg
Bill Lombardi
Areas of Coaching Expertise: Great deffensive mastermind with some amazing trick offensive plays. Will push players but isn't an asshole about it. Great team management.
1990-1998: LSU DLine Coach
1998-2000: LSU DC
2000-2002: NYG DC
2002-2003: USC DC
2003-2005: USC Head Coach
2005-present: Ohio State Head Coach
Coordinators Names and Coaching Methods & Systems:
OC: Pete Turner - Run Heavy, Pass only when needed. Loves power backs, pocket QBs and quick "yac" Recievers.
DC: Jim Ryan - 4-3/3-4 hybrid, Blitz Heavy D. Loves Quick DEs who can get to the QB fast, MLBs who are agressive and aware, and DBs who arn't afraid to blitz and leave the coverage to the other guy once in a while.
Most Important Player in Football History, and Why: Phil Simms, a ture no name great
Most Important Coach in Football History, and Why: Bill Parcells, He is one of the best coaches ever who was always building great Super Bowl winning teams.
Most Important Position on the Field, and Why: Deffense, The best offense is a good deffense

DWilliams2IndyColts
03-27-2008, 01:51 AM
Spot reserved for if I reincarnate Brett Morris

fenikz
03-27-2008, 09:36 PM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6578/dpjl7.jpg

Name: Daniel Plainview
College: Texas A&M
Philosophy: Run Heavy Offense / 46 Defense

Experience:

Playing Career:

Texas A&M - Started 3 Years at MLB called all the plays at the LOS, #1 defense 2 years in a row

NFL - Drafted by the Houston Oilers in the 3th round, started as a rookie but in his 4th year had a career ending knee injury

Coaching Career:

1981-1982 - Southern Miss LB Coach
1982-1985 - Southern Miss Defensive Coordinator
1985-1986 - Texas Tech Defensive Coordinator
1986-1990 - Texas A&M Head Coach
1990-1995 - Houston Oilers Defensive Coordinator
1995-1999 - Arizona Cardinals Head Coach
2000-2007 - Retired

Bio: I'm an football man you will agree. You have a great chance here, but bear in mind, you can lose it all if you're not careful. Out of all men that beg for a chance to coach your teams, maybe one in twenty will be head coaches. the rest will be assistants trying to get between you and the players to get some of the glory that ought by rights come to you. Even if you find one that has talent, and means to coach, he'll maybe known nothing about coaching and he'll have to hire out the job on contract, and then you're depending on a assistant that's trying to rush the job through so he can get another coaching job just as quick as he can.

I'm a family man, I run a family business. This is my son and my partner, H.W. Plainview. We offer you the bond of family that very few coaches can understand. And this is why I can guarantee to start winning and put up the cash to back my word. I assure you, whatever the others promise to do, when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there...

Assistant Coaches:

H.W. Plainview - 32- Offensive Coordinator: Not very talkative but he gets the point across, fiery young man

Anton Chigurh - 39 - Defensive Coordinator & Assistant Head Coach: A true disciplinarian, has quite a mean streak but is a man of his word

bspen4
03-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Name: Michael Smith
College: Kansas State University
Philosophy: Pass heavy offense(think Patriots last year) Base 4-3 defense that needs a good secondary to stop opposing Offenses.
Experience/bio:
18-22: Was a Quarterback at KSU for 4 years under Bill Snyder. Soaked up all he could about the game and became a coaching prodigy of sorts.
23-26: Was a backup QB that lacked the arm strength to be a starter. Played under some great passing coaches including Mike Martz.
27-29: Was a passing game coordinator at KSU for a year and Offensive Coordinator the next 2 years. Had their offense near the top in the nation.
30-33: Became the Head Coach at Tulsa where he directed them to there first BCS bowl and led the nation in Passing offense all 3 years he was there.
34-37: Was an assistant coach for the New England Patriots under Bill Belichek and won a couple Super Bowls.

OC: Major Applewhite. Applewhite played at Texas when Smith coached at KSU and Applewhite earned Smith’s respect. A widely renowned coordinator that excels in the passing game Applewhite and Smith first coached together at Tulsa where Applewhite was the OC and took over the program when Smith went to the NFL. Pass happy guy who will be sure to get his WR’s touches.

DC: Bill Snyder. Smith pulls his former coach out of retirement by telling him that he can coach defense only and not have to worry about recruiting. Snyder is a true mastermind and will have his defense ranked near the top when he gets his own players into his system. Relies on a good secondary to stop opposing offenses. Will sometimes allow offenses to move the ball before getting a stop.

adschofield
03-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Coach Name: Andrew Carraway
Areas of Coaching Expertise: Motivating his players...his players love him yet respect because of his high energy attitude...His offensive expertise

Philosophy: 3-4 Defense, Balanced Offense

Playing History:
College of Marin (Junior College) '69-70
Pacific University- Free Safety '71-72

Coaching History:
Graduate Assisant at Pacific University '74-76
Graduate Assisant at Arkansas University '77
WR's Coach at Iowa State '78
WR's Coach at Ohio State '79
Offensive Coordinator at NC State '80-83
DB's Coach for the Buffalo Bills '84
DB's Coach for the Minnesota Vikings '85-89
Offensive Coordinator for the NY Jets 90-93
Head Coach of the New York Jets '94
Defensive Coordinator for the SF 49ers '95-96
Head Coach of the New England Patriots '97-99
USC Head Coach '01-Present

Coordinators:

Offensive Coordinator: Steve Schrader- One of the top young offensive minds in the game...Developed both Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart...Has a balanced attack, and always has strong QB play...Takes Risks...Adjusts gameplan to fit his player's needs

Defensive Coordinator: Nick Cafferty- Young coach, uses athletic LB's to shut down the offense...Runs 3-4 and revolves his defense around getting pressure on the quarterback...Takes Risks and his players love him

Most Important Player in Football History, and Why: Lawrence Taylor because he revolutionized the LB position and changed how offenses played against him
Most Important Coach in Football History, and Why: Tom Landry...He invented 4-3 and brought back the shotgun and man-in-motion
Most Important Position on the Field, and Why: LT...A team cannot run or pass without a stud LT

neko4
03-27-2008, 11:14 PM
COACH SIGNUPS ARE PRETTY MUCH CLOSED
thanks everyone. Rosters and all that good stuff should be out sat/sun

MiamiU27
04-03-2008, 03:36 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10212007/photos/sports097a.jpg
http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2008/01/18/amd_spagnuolo.jpg
Name: Nick Long
College: Miami
Philosophy: Pass heavy run only if we really NEED to. 4-3 D, looking for a great secondary and Dline. So-so LBs will do just fine. Offensive genius.
Experience/bio:
1995-1997 Miami U WR coach
1997-2000 Miami U OC
2000-2002 Miami U Head Coach
2002-2007 New York Giants OC
2007-2008 took year off to spend time with family but is ready to return
Shaun Gibson, OC: Pass heavy run only if we really NEED to. Loves elusive RBs who can catch the ball out of the back field, quick mobile QBs with a big arm, quick WRs, and big strong pass blocking OLine who can move around quickly(for a OLine man). All about speed.

Eric Andrews, DC: 4-3 D, looking for a great secondary and Dline, and so-so LBs will do just fine. Loves to blitz from all over the field(DLine, LB, and even DB). Loves quick LBs with fluid hips who can move around quickly. All about speed.

side note: this staff loves speed.

BeerBaron
04-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Per Neko, i'm taking over the Las Vegas franchise

Name: Rick Bennett

College: Clarion University

Philosophy:
Offense: Up the gut power running, scrambling QB, deep passing attack
Defense: Speedy DEs, huge run stuffing DTs, speedy smaller OLBs, sure tackling field general MLB, Zone DB's

Experience:
-4 years as unpaid, volunteer assistant coach while still in school at D-2 Clarion University (age 18-21)
-2 years as unpaid, vulunteer assistant coach at Pitt after he graduated at Clarion and went on to get his Masters at Pitt (age 22-23)
-1 year as Assistant WRs coach at Pitt (age 24)
-1 year as WRs coach at Pitt (age 25)
-2 years as assistant offensive coordinator and QBs coach at Pitt (age 26-27)
-1 year as offensive coordinator at Temple (age 28)
-2 years as offensive coordinator at Illinois (age 29-30)
-3 years as head coach at Pitt (age 31-33)

Coaching style: Easy going, player friendly coach. You can usually find him getting to know his players better watching movies with them and taking them out for dinner. Will totally snap and fly into a rage after inexcusably bad plays, penalties, or officiating calls but usually calms back down quickly. A younger coach who likes to try out new ideas and will adapt his scheme to fit talented players rather than the other way around. A more offensive minded coach but with decent defensive knowledge as well. Likes to go hands on with his players during practice as he feels he can best teach them directly. A good developer of talent but not so good at managing some of the players with bigger personalities.

Assistant Coaches

-OC- Igor van Hammond - age: 77 - A real hard nosed, old school offensive guru. A gruff old timer who is a masterful playcaller and stresses efficiency in his offense above all else. Loves big, powerful o-lineman, an athletic QB with a a big arm who can scramble, and a powerful run game. Likes to implement TE's as much as possible but likes to send speedy receivers deep as well.

-DC - Miles Grantham - age: 34 - Another younger coach who has been with Bennett through many of his travels. Likes to have a field general type MLB who can be an extension of himself on the field. Stresses run stuffing in his defensive schemes and likes to try to force the pass against his typical ballhawking DB's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/coach001.jpg
Coach Bennett

UKfan
04-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Coach Name: Steven Mascherano

Areas of Coaching Expertise: Definitely a players player. He treats the men as men, and he commands respect in return. Isn't a shouter by any means, and if he yells, you know to listen. Also a fantastic gameplanner, having seen everything going, he will take away your best weapon.

Parkside High School (Offensive Coordinator) 1971 - 1975
San Francisco State (Offensive Line Coach) 1976 - 1978
San Francisco State (Offensive Coordinator) 1979 - 1982
UCLA (Offensive Coordinator) 1983 - 1986
University of Minnesota (Head Coach) 1987 - 1989
Baltimore Ravens (Offensive Coordinator) 1990 - 1993
New York Giants (Head Coach) 1994 - 1999
LSU (Head Coach) 2000 - 2005
Unemployed (retired) since end of 2005 season.Coordinators Names and Coaching Methods & Systems:

Offensive Coordinator: Ricky Calzaghe
Ricky Calzaghe runs almost exclusively a West Coast Offense, however occasionally he does like to go deep as well if he has a player capable of doing so. He loves accurate pocket passers and rarely asks for them to scramble, preaching pocket presence as well. Running wise he is versatile, and tends to tweak the running game depending on the current opponents.

Defensive Coordinator: Joe Hatton
Cover 2, cover 2, cover 2. That's what you are going to get with Joe Hatton, relies on his front four to get pressure, although recently has shown a tendency to blitz more. D-Line will be the strength of this team, often at the expense of the secondary.

Most Important Player in Football History, and Why: Doug Willians, for once and for all shattering the race barrier in the NFL with a MVP performance and Superbowl victory, being the first black man to win an Superbowl as a QB.

Most Important Coach in Football History, and Why: Chuck Noll, he won 4 Superbowls, created the "Steel Curtain", one of the most dangerous and scary defenses in the NFL, and still remained humble and stayed out of the spotlight, keeping his men focused.

Most Important Position on the Field, and Why: QB, the fact of the matter is, no position can hold you back quite like QB, that's why they earn the money they do. It's no coincidence the top teams tend to be solid at that position.

What You Expect from this Job: My players to treat myself and one another with respect, everyone to work together and to put in 100% effort in everything we do. If they do that, I will be happy/

What Your Goal is as a Head Coach in the USFFL: To win it all, and to win it with dignity and class.

neko4
05-03-2008, 06:49 PM
New York Knights Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: Joe Namath
Offensive Coordinator: Jim Kelly
Deffensive Coordinator: Lawerence Taylor
QB Coach/Ast Off Coord: Timmy Chang (Former Hawaii QB, will help install spread System)
RB Coach: Tiki Barber
WR/TE Coach: Andre Reed
OL Coach: Joe DeLamielleure
DL Coach/Ast DC: Bruce Smith
LB Coach: Harry Carson
DB Coach/Ast HC: Herm Edwards
ST Coach: Don Beebe