03-25-2008, 02:48 PM
thats great, but wheres a link?
i believe it though

schmiddog
03-25-2008, 02:52 PM
I can't find a link as of now....just heard it off of ESPN

goodlookin
03-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Merrill Hodge ran 3.98 or se he said on NFL live so i guess that is a knock on McFadden

Paranoidmoonduck
03-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Not the best ever, but for a guy that had people criticizing his ability to make cuts and his speed in and out of them, that's a damn good time.

Staubach12
03-25-2008, 03:41 PM
That's a good time for him. It's about what I think many were expecting.

JagHombre22
03-25-2008, 04:07 PM
I heard that he only worked out so that his teammates could get exposure with all the scouts and GM's in attendance....

that's pretty cool...

Addict
03-25-2008, 04:10 PM
still no link?

schmiddog
03-25-2008, 05:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=7B192F7189E636CCEE0CD33E21DCFA16? id=09000d5d806b4a39&template=with-video&confirm=true

Brandt has it at 4.10...either way, would have been the best time at the combine this year among backs I'm pretty sure

etk
03-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Not the best ever, but for a guy that had people criticizing his ability to make cuts and his speed in and out of them, that's a damn good time.

This doesn't prove he can make cuts...he still has tight hips. The short shuttle on the football field can be compared to to a wide cutback from one hash to the other or longer. It doesn't mean he can make quick, sharp cuts in short areas, which is more common and more important.

schmiddog is all over McFadden's groin....find a good hiding spot buddy because McFadden is not the stud feature back that you think he is.

schmiddog
03-25-2008, 05:09 PM
This doesn't prove he can make cuts...he still has tight hips. The short shuttle on the football field can be compared to to a wide cutback from one hash to the other or longer. It doesn't mean he can make quick, sharp cuts in short areas, which is more common and more important.

schmiddog is all over McFadden's groin....find a good hiding spot buddy because McFadden is not the stud feature back that you think he is.

haha

if i'm on mcfadden's groin then you, my friend, are giving Kenny Phillips fellatio

etk
03-25-2008, 05:13 PM
haha

if i'm on mcfadden's groin then you, my friend, are giving Kenny Phillips fellatio

haha, fair enough, but I thought you're not even an Arkansas fan. I have excuses...

BaLLiN
03-25-2008, 07:47 PM
im pretty sure NFL Network said 4.10

rockio42
03-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Thats good for him, not like much could move his stock now though

Burns336
03-25-2008, 09:09 PM
I think the only reason McFadden is being criticized now for things like tight hips or legs dead on contact is because he has been up at this #1 prospect spot for so long that people start to nitpick and undervalue the guy.

Honestly, Rashard Mendenhall looks like a "legs dead on contact" guy when I watch him play and he is coming out of a spread offense, but for whatever reason people have him pegged as "The guy" in this draft?

Doesn't make sense to me. Seems more like a lot of the draft Guru's are trying to predict a bust in hopes of being able to say "told ya' so" later on.

etk
03-25-2008, 09:11 PM
I think the only reason McFadden is being criticized now for things like tight hips or legs dead on contact is because he has been up at this #1 prospect spot for so long that people start to nitpick and undervalue the guy.

Honestly, Rashard Mendenhall looks like a "legs dead on contact" guy when I watch him play and he is coming out of a spread offense, but for whatever reason people have him pegged as "The guy" in this draft?

You just answered it for yourself....they both stop their legs on contact, but Mendenhall has a stronger lower body so he gets less criticism for it.

Jonathan Stewart drives through tackles and that's why he's "the guy".

SchizophrenicBatman
03-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Stewart is injury prone and dances too much

There is no "The Guy" this year, and there very rarely is. Mendenhall is the best of what's available, but that doesn't make any of them a top 10 pick

Burns336
03-25-2008, 09:19 PM
You just answered it for yourself....they both stop their legs on contact, but Mendenhall has a stronger lower body so he gets less criticism for it.

Jonathan Stewart drives through tackles and that's why he's "the guy".

Ok, that's pretty much what I've been thinking but haven't heard it confirmed by anyone else. I think Mendenhall can have all of the same criticism's applied to him that are applied to DMAC, but people like to try and take shots at the consensus #1 to be different.

I like Stewart, but the nagging injuries concern me. I would be hesitant to try and build a franchise around any of these backs as feature guys. They all have question marks.

SchizophrenicBatman
03-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Anyway, am I right in reading that McFadden only put up 13 reps? I guess that explains the fumbles, though it doesn't explain where his nasty stiff arm comes from

SKim172
03-25-2008, 09:28 PM
What was the top shuttle time in the combine?

And did McFadden work out in the shuttle and the bench press at the combine?

etk
03-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Ok, that's pretty much what I've been thinking but haven't heard it confirmed by anyone else. I think Mendenhall can have all of the same criticism's applied to him that are applied to DMAC, but people like to try and take shots at the consensus #1 to be different.

I think Mendenhall can have the same amount of criticisms applied to him, but not the same types. McFadden has chickenlegs, tight hips, fumble problems and some character issues. Mendenhall is a 1-year wonder, played in a spread, and some like to knock him on his vision and cutback ability. As for common criticisms, they both stop their legs on contact and they both run fairly high.

I prefer Mendenhall because of his build and because I feel he has better cuts and receiving ability.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-25-2008, 10:55 PM

Any sort of width on a short shuttle cutback is going to make your time a lot worse than that. I myself had questions about McFadden's ability to stop and go, and the short shuttle is the best tool to find this out.

etk
03-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Any sort of width on a short shuttle cutback is going to make your time a lot worse than that. I myself had questions about McFadden's ability to stop and go, and the short shuttle is the best tool to find this out.

Yes, but the only way to see whether or not a back can make those quick, sharp LDT cuts is to watch them play or watch them run positional drills. The short shuttle translate to a receiver running an in route, linebacker following a cutback, or a runningback cutting an off tackle run to the outside of the opposite side. "Tight hipness" doesn't affect your short shuttle times, but I don't want to discredit McFadden because all athletic testing serves a purpose and he's certainly helped himself.

BamaFalcon59
03-26-2008, 04:27 PM
It is rediculous how much McFadden is critisized. The guy will not have character problems in the National Football League and will be a bonafied star. Don't feel like explaining why, because I have had plenty of arguements over him.

SKim172
03-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Don't feel like explaining why, because I have had plenty of arguements over him.

Then why bother posting?

Lost amidst all yesterday's Pro Day times might be the first sub-4.0 shuttle registered this draft season, by three-time FCS All-American free safety Corey Lynch of Appalachian State, who turned in a 3.98 shuttle time. I like this guy - think he has potential to be taken in the late rounds. He'll be a special teams gunner at the very least.

TheBuffaloBills
03-27-2008, 04:29 PM
I am not familiar with the short shuttle. Is a 4.05 short shuttle as impressive as a..... I dont know maybe a 4.35 forty. Can someone explain.... thanks

etk
03-28-2008, 03:20 PM
It is rediculous how much McFadden is critisized. The guy will not have character problems in the National Football League and will be a bonafied star. Don't feel like explaining why, because I have had plenty of arguements over him.

I agree that his character "problems" are way overblown, but I don't think he can get criticized enough as a player. He will never be a full-time feature back and for every long run he will have, he will have dozens of runs of less than 2 yards. He has a TON of weaknesses for a top-5 pick and "bonafide star" like you insist he will be.