PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Visits

brat316
03-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Thought I make a thread for Players Eagles are visiting with draft things keep it a little different. With lisited players

So far
ILB Jameel McClain- probably a special teamer, pretty big guy at like 250, maybe another late round lb like Gaithers
Rb Albert Young-don't see anything in him, another ryan moats maybe bigger 5-10 209, maybe Buck. Pretty good receiver, not a return guy, so I don't see anything special with him.
Cb Charles Godfery-maybe another Sheldon Brown, big hitter and Physical could be a nice nickel corner.
WR Devin Thomas-JUCO and 1 year wonder. But is tall, big traget at 6'2-6'1 also a return man so thats another plus. Strong enough to beat the Jam a problem our WR have.
Rb Justin Forestt-backed up Lynch, not a pounder 5-8 195. Can maybe help in return game probably a ST guy. 40 4.62, has a good senior bowl.
WR/PR/KR Darrell Blackman-A returner for kicks and punts. YAC player 5-11. Has ball problems. Not much upside as a WR. PS guy
WR-Earl Bennett-Almost comparies to Hinze Ward. Good route runner, blocker, finds ways to get open, good hands. Can come in and return.
DT-Kentwan Balmer 300 lbs can get bigger
WR DeSean Jackson-WHYYYY
FS Chris Hemphill
CB Antwaun Molden
RB Tim Hightower
WR James Hardy
OG Mackenzy Bernadeau
TE Michael Peterson
OT Franklin Dunbar
FB Mike Viti
LB Will Clewis
OT Duane Brown
WR Will Franklin
LB Jolonn Dunbar
SS Dowayne Davis- Syracuse
WR/KR/PR Dexter Jackson- Appalachian State
LB/DE Andy Wheaton College
OL Brandon Keith Northern Iowa
OL Mike McGlynn's Pittsburgh
OT Jeff Otah Pittsburgh
TE Jermichael Finley University of Texas
P Chris Sprague Duke
P Benjamin Dato Fordham
LB Gian Villante. Hofstra
LB Will Clewis Central Oklahoma

Syracuse LB Jameel McClain has a private workout scheduled with the Philadelphia Eagles for either April 9 or April 10

brat316
03-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Iowa RB Albert Young has had a private workout with the Philadelphia Eagles.

brat316
03-25-2008, 10:41 PM
University of Iowa CB Charles Godfrey is scheduled to visit with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Philadelphia Eagles were in attendance for New Mexico State's Pro Day March 24.

brat316
03-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Devin Thomas supporters, he has a private workout with the Eagles scheduled for April 8th

brat316
03-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Philadelphia Eagles attended Wagner College PK Piotr Czech's Pro Day Saturday, March 15.

Earl Bennet
University of Vanderbilt WR Earl Bennett will work out for the Philadelphia Eagles.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20080319_Birds_have_eyes_on_Vanderbilt_receiver.ht ml

Dave Brooks, of The Star-Ledger, reports the Philadelphia Eagles will interview University of California-Berkeley RB Justin Forsett.

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports New Mexico State FB Nick Cleaver has a workout scheduled with the Philadelphia Eagles.

eaglesalltheway
03-26-2008, 06:53 AM
Interesting stuff here. Thanks. Where do you get this from?

brat316
03-26-2008, 08:36 AM
random websites it takes for ever searching for this stuff. mostly PFT

Go_Eagles77
03-26-2008, 02:23 PM
I really wouldn't mind if the eagles draft Devin Thomas in the 1st round, may be a little bit of a reach but I think he's gonna be good.

brat316
03-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Eagles | Team to meet with Balmer
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:11:39 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Philadelphia Eagles will meet with University of North Carolina DL Kentwan Balmer.

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports North Carolina State WR Darrell Blackman has a private workout scheduled with the Philadelphia Eagles in April.

Go_Eagles77
03-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Please god don't let the eagles draft Balmer....

DLionALL
03-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Please god don't let the eagles draft Balmer....

I agree. Adding a DT won't hurt us but not with our first rounder. I agree with Devin Thomas, i'd like that pick a lot.

eaglesalltheway
03-27-2008, 06:16 AM
I certainly would like to see the Eagles draft Thomas before Balmer, but there are three WRs I have rated above Thomas, being Sweed, Kelly, and Hardy.

ryan0022
03-27-2008, 01:51 PM
I certainly would like to see the Eagles draft Thomas before Balmer, but there are three WRs I have rated above Thomas, being Sweed, Kelly, and Hardy.

I agree, I think all 3 of those WR will be better then Devin Thomas who was a 1 year guy... I think I'd go Sweed, Kelly, Hardy but I really like Hardy's upside and size.

I'd rather have any of the offensive or deffensive lineman, DB's, or WR's then Balmer

Balmer = Bum

eaglesalltheway
03-27-2008, 03:36 PM
I agree, I think all 3 of those WR will be better then Devin Thomas who was a 1 year guy... I think I'd go Sweed, Kelly, Hardy but I really like Hardy's upside and size.

I'd rather have any of the offensive or deffensive lineman, DB's, or WR's then Balmer

Balmer = Bum

I agree with pretty much all of that, but I have recently figured that due to Kelly's injury, I would actually put Hardy ahead of him, but it is still really close. I agree that I would take any O-linemen, WR or Safety before Balmer, but I really think the Eagles are doing what they do every year, just check out all of the possible options. And in doing so, they have succeeded in doing what they do every year, and that is making it impossible to ppredict what they are going to do.

AllDayFootball724
03-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Kelley is droping out of the first like Alan Branch. Last year the did check out people like Kolb and A.V. Balmer would be a good pick in the third

Go_Eagles77
03-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Balmer's projected to go in the 1st round.

AllDayFootball724
03-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Yeah but who would take Balmer

Found some stuff since no one has been updating

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are showing interest in Central Washington FS Chris Hemphill.

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports University of Eastern Kentucky CB Antwaun Molden will hold a private workout with the Philadelphia Eagles.

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Richmond RB Tim Hightower will visit the Philadelphia Eagles April 7-8.

eaglesalltheway
03-28-2008, 06:18 AM
None of those really surprise me, we do need depth at CB and the Eagles will always look at as many options as possible.

AllDayFootball724
03-31-2008, 06:14 PM
I wonder how many of these guys will be drafted

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2008, 06:19 AM
I think Molden has a chance, but don't think so for the other two.

AllDayFootball724
04-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Bentley OG Mackenzy Bernadeau is scheduled to visit the Philadelphia Eagles in April.

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Northwest Missouri State TE Michael Peterson has had an interview with the Philadelphia Eagles.

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Middle Tennessee OT Franklin Dunbar is scheduled to visit the Philadelphia Eagles.

University of Indiana WR James Hardy said he will meet with the Philadelphia Eagles.

.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Army FB Mike Viti has a visit with the Philadelphia Eagles scheduled in April.

eaglesalltheway
04-02-2008, 06:15 AM
I like all of those guys, and all could be possible options on the roster, though some may be UFA.

Go_Eagles77
04-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Obviously the name that sticks out the most is James Hardy. Would love for the eagles to draft him but 19 might be too high and our 2nd round pick might be too low.

eaglesalltheway
04-03-2008, 06:15 AM
If you would change Mike Jenkins to Kenny Phillips, I would love your dream draft even more GE77.

brat316
04-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Bentley OG Mackenzy Bernadeau has a private workout with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Rick Stroud, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports the Philadelphia Eagles will meet with University of California-Berkeley WR DeSean Jackson Tuesday, April 8.

Josh Buchanan, of Next Level Scouting and NFLDraftBible.com, reports Central Oklahoma LB Will Clewis is receiving interest from the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles have requested more tape and want to take another look at Clewis after his recent pro day where he reportedly ran in the 4.56-4.65 range in the 40-yard dash

Updating a previous report, Dave Brooks, of the Trenton Times, reports the Philadelphia Eagles will meet with University of California RB Justin Forsett Monday, April 7, and Tuesday, April 8.

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Virginia Tech OT Duane Brown is scheduled to visit with the Philadelphia Eagles.

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Missouri WR Will Franklin is scheduled to visit with the Philadelphia Eagles

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Boston College LB Jolonn Dunbar is receiving interest from the Philadelphia Eagles.

eaglesalltheway
04-08-2008, 06:17 AM
Good stuff there, a little bit scared by DeSean Jackson receiving interest, but the Eagles are probably just doing their due diligence. Duane Brown and Will Franklin are guys I think would be good picks for the Eagles.

cunningham06
04-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Good stuff there, a little bit scared by DeSean Jackson receiving interest, but the Eagles are probably just doing their due diligence. Duane Brown and Will Franklin are guys I think would be good picks for the Eagles.

I'm glad they are checking him out. Sometimes teams don't interview the person they select in the first round, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything. My main concern with D Jax is his lack of physicality. Undersized guys like Steve Smith are able to play because they are very physical and aggressive. My worries with him are that he will get pushed around and can't keep bigger defenders from knocking him off his routes. Maybe by interviewing him and watching a lot of his film the Eagles can find out if he's going to be the next Steve Smith, or the next Dante Hall.

eaglesalltheway
04-09-2008, 06:42 AM
I'm glad they are checking him out. Sometimes teams don't interview the person they select in the first round, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything. My main concern with D Jax is his lack of physicality. Undersized guys like Steve Smith are able to play because they are very physical and aggressive. My worries with him are that he will get pushed around and can't keep bigger defenders from knocking him off his routes. Maybe by interviewing him and watching a lot of his film the Eagles can find out if he's going to be the next Steve Smith, or the next Dante Hall.

That is all stuff I am fully aware of, but it needs to be brought up for those who may not.

cunningham06
04-09-2008, 04:27 PM
That is all stuff I am fully aware of, but it needs to be brought up for those who may not.

Ok.......?

eaglesalltheway
04-11-2008, 06:11 AM
Ok.......?

Huh???.....

cunningham06
04-14-2008, 05:01 PM
That was just a completely pointless post, just because something enters your head doesn't mean that it should be posted.

Recent prospects receiving interest:
Dowayne Davis- SS, Syracuse
Antwaun Molden- CB, Eastern Kentucky
Dexter Jackson- WR, Appalachian State
Albert Young- RB, Iowa

eaglesalltheway
04-15-2008, 07:01 AM
All guys I certainly wouldn't mind having on the Eagles.

brat316
04-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Tony Pauline, reporting for SI.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are interested in North Dakota State LB Joe Mays.

Tony Pauline, reporting for SI.com, reports Northern Iowa OL Brandon Keith has visited with the Philadelphia Eagles.

eaglesalltheway
04-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Both are guys I could see as possible mid to late round picks.

holt_bruce81
04-18-2008, 11:53 PM

Will Franklin would be an exellent pick for the Eagles, he has a great personality and is really one of the most underrated players in the draft IMO.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2008, 09:29 PM
I too am a big fan of Franklin. Someone will get a great WR when they pick him. He may have a James Jones type year. Franklin could certainly develop into a great #2 option at WR, depending on who is around him. If the Eagles havn't selected a WR by the fourth round, I would love him as our pick there. He is one of the few mid to late round WRs that would be worth the Eagles drafting IMO, mainly because we need an upgrade in the top of our WRs, but he is the only mid to late round WR that I see doing that, IMO.

brat316
04-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles worked Appalachian State WR Dexter M. Jackson on campus. The team has been showing heavy interest in him.

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Philadelphia Eagles attended a private workout by Wheaton College LB/DE Andy Studebaker Friday, April 18.

Tony Pauline, reporting for SI.com, reports Northern Iowa OL Brandon Keith has visited with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles offensive line coach Juan Castillo attended Pittsburgh OL Mike McGlynn's individual workout Wednesday, April 9.

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports the Philadelphia Eagles attended Pittsburgh OT Jeff Otah's individual workout Wednesday, April 9.

Dave Brooks, of The Star-Ledger, reports the Philadelphia Eagles will meet with University of Texas TE Jermichael Finley Tuesday, April 8.

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Duke P Chris Sprague will work out for the Philadelphia Eagles Thursday, April 10.

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Fordham P Benjamin Dato will visit with the Philadelphia Eagles April 9.

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are showing heavy interest in Hofstra LB Gian Villante.

Josh Buchanan, of Next Level Scouting and NFLDraftBible.com, reports Central Oklahoma LB Will Clewis is receiving interest from the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles have requested more tape and want to take another look at Clewis after his recent pro day where he reportedly ran in the 4.56-4.65 range in the 40-yard dash.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2008, 06:46 AM
Lots of guy that stick out among those. Otah is a possibility in the first, and McGlynn and Keith are later round possibilities. Finley is intriguing, he has the most upside of any of the TEs. Not really big on the punters, as there really aren't any punters who seem that they would be an upgrade over Rocca. Never heard of Gian Villante, so I guess I will have to look up some stuff on him. Will Clewis is interesting. He seems like a sleeper to me. He would be a great late round pick at LB who would add depth.

brat316
04-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Dexter Jackson in the third i am calling it now

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2008, 05:35 PM
That is a very brash prediction. I don't now if he makes it to our third, there are a lot of teams looking hard at him, plus I don't know if the Eagles really covet him as much as some of the other WRs in the draft.

brat316
04-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Damn Tampa took Dexter too early. This list turned out pretty pointless, we took DeSean Jackson. Franklin Dunbar

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Still it is nice to know what is going on, and I thank you for that.

Thumper
03-27-2009, 07:17 PM
From Bleeding Green Nation:

Scheduled for visit
OT Eugene Monroe – Virginia … Projected top 5 pick

Interest

* Knowshon Moreno said that the Chargers and Eagles showed the most interest in him at the Combine.

* Hakeem Nicks…“Among the coaches I met today were Bill Belichik and Andy Reid, who said I would look good with some wings on my helmet.”

* William Moore continues to say the Eagles showed him a lot of interest and that he thinks he’d be a great fit here and wants to play for the Eagles.

OFFENSE

QB Graham Harrell – Texas Tech … met with him at Senior Bowl
QB Rhett Bomar – Sam Houston State … met with him at Senior Bowl
QB Nathan Brown – Central Arkansas … met with him at Senior Bowl
QB John White – Bentley (also a P) … college visit

FB Eric Kettani – Navy … met with him at Senior Bowl
FB Maurice Manley – Mesa State … talked to his coach
FB Tony Fiametta – Syracuse … Eagles reportedly looking hard at him

RB Knowshon Moreno – Georgia …. met with him at the Combine
RB Devin Moore – Wyoming … attended private workout in Indy (outside of Combine)
RB LeSean McCoy – Pitt … met with him at the Combine
RB Donald Brown – UConn … private workout
RB Rashad Jennings – Liberty … private workout

WR Hakeem Nicks – UNC … met with him at the Combine
WR Kenny Britt – Rutgers … met Andy at a banquet & has private workout set up with team
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey – Maryland… attended his Pro Day … private workout is set up
WR Quinten Lawrence – McNeese State … attended his Pro Day
WR Deon Butler – Penn State …. said Eagles were showing interest, also a private workout
WR Johnny Knox – Abilene Christian … private workout
WR Louis Murphy – Florida … private workout
WR Derrick Williams – Penn State … private workout
WR Jordan Norwood – Penn State … private workout

TE Brandon Pettigrew – Oklahoma State – 6’5, 263 … met with him at Senior Bowl
TE Zach Miller – Nebraska-Omaha
TE Jared Cook – South Carolina … “showing interest”
TE Jared Bronson – Central Washington … private workout

T Phil Loadholt – Oklahoma … met with him at the Combine
T Chris Rutledge – Miami … Eagles attended his Pro Day, showed interest
T Andre Smith – Alabama … private meeting
T Dallas Reynolds – BYU … showing interest … could play G or C
T Kyle Link – McNeese State … attended his Pro Day
T Jason Watkins – Florida … showing interest

G/C Anthony Parker – Tennessee … met with him at Senior Bowl
G Andy Levitre – Oregon State … met with him at the Combine
G Andy Kemp – Wisconsin … met with Eagles coaches
G Greg Isdaner – West Va … private workout
G Louis Vasquez – Texas Tech … private workout

C Juan Garcia – Washington … met with him at the Combine
C Max Unger – Oregon … met with him at the Combine

DEFENSE

DE Larry English – Northern Illinois – 6’2, 254
DE Everette Brown – Florida State … met with him at the Combine
DE Robert Ayers – Tennessee … private workout / meeting
DE J.D. Skolnitsky – James Madison …. attended his Pro Day

DT Vance Walker – Georgia Tech … met with him at the Combine

MLB Rey Maualuga – USC … met with him at Senior Bowl
MLB Frantz Joseph – Fla. Atlantic … Eagles attended his Pro Day (might be WLB in our system)

LB Clint Sintim – Virginia – 6’2, 254 … met with him at Senior Bowl
LB Tyrone McKenzie – USF – 6’2, 235 … met with him at Senior Bowl
LB Clay Matthews – USC – 6’2, 247 … met with him at Senior Bowl and Combine
LB Cody Brown – UConn – 6’2, 246 … met with him at Senior Bowl (played DE, but we looked at him as SAM)
LB Jason Williams – Western Illinois … met with him at his Pro Day & have a private workout scheduled

S/LB Nic Harris – Oklahoma – 6’2, 233 … met with him at Senior Bowl and Combine
S William Moore – Missouri – … met with him at Senior Bowl
S Chris Clemons – Clemson … private workout
S Patrick Chung – Oregon … private workout

CB Alphonso Smith – Wake Forest – 5’9, 193 … met with him at Senior Bowl
CB Kevin Barnes – Maryland … private workout
CB/RS Reggie Jones – Portland State … private workout

LS Jake Ingram – Hawaii … met with him at Senior Bowl

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2009/3/27/812339/keeping-up-with-eagles-pri

Connecticut RB Donald Brown
Stillman College DT Sammie Lee Hill
Florida TE Cornelius Ingram
Western Michigan Safety Louis Delmas
Virginia OT Eugene Monroe
Mayland WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
Tennessee CB DeAngelo Willingham
Cincinnati CB Mike Mickens
Portland St, CB Reggie Jones
Abilene Christian WR Johnny Knox
Liberty RB Rashad Jennings
The Eagles have sent LB coach Bill Shuey to check out Pitt LB Scott McKillop

-Also the Eagles have worked out LeSean McCoy
-The Eagles were the only team to show up at NT Lonnie Harvey NT Morgan St (6’3” and 345 lbs) pro day.
-The Eagles sent the LB coaches to Florida State's proday.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/teams/nfc/philadelphia-eagles/

Names Mentioned on that page include:
Penn State offensive guard Rich Ohrnberger
Western Michigan safety Louis Delmas
Pittsburgh running back LeSean McCoy
Stillman defensive tackle Sammie Lee Hill
Oklahoma State tight end Brandon Pettigrew
Tennessee corner back DeAngelo Willingham
Cincinatti corner back Mike Mickens
Maryland corner back Kevin Barnes

camp_eagles
03-27-2009, 11:03 PM

WTF were we thinking a year ago?