PDA

View Full Version : Lovie @ DMac workout in Arkansas

awfullyquiet
03-26-2008, 12:15 AM
But. Something in me thinks it's NOT for Darren McFadden, that he just was looking at him while he was Lovieing for other players (like Jonesing, but without Jerry).

brat316
03-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Also Matt Forte has a private workout with him and the rb coach in New Orleans

bearfan
03-26-2008, 12:53 AM
I agree, everyone seems to think that it is for Dmac, but I think it is more for other players like Felix Jones.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-26-2008, 01:35 AM
Would Chicago consider Marcus Harrison after the problems they had with Tank Johnson?

bearfan
03-26-2008, 06:22 AM
Would Chicago consider Marcus Harrison after the problems they had with Tank Johnson?

Idk who that is, but pending a good interview where he admits that he made mistakes, and wants to improve himself blah blah, then yes, I could see us taking a guy who has had a shady past. Look at Dusty, we drafted him, Im pretty sure that he ensured the coaches that his problems were behind him (and they have been).

toonsterwu
03-26-2008, 06:40 AM
I think that we would consider Harrison depending on the round. I'm not sure we would pull the trigger in the top 3 rounds, or even the 4th. But if he falls to the 5th, perhaps. Talent wise, he's probably a 3rd round pick right now, but I don't see us going on a DT character gamble at that point.

As for who we were there for, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for Felix Jones. He's a guy who, if we can trade down, might make sense as a complement to Benson that can actually challenge for the starting role. I just don't see us dealing up for McFadden. Of course, there are other guys that we could be there for. Robert Felton comes to mind as a 3rd-5th round guard that we might take a look at. Marcus Monk could be a big WR that we look at in, say, the 5th or 6th round. Michael Grant could even garner a look, although the chances of that seem rather slim.

Of course, it could be much ado about nothing.

BeerBaron
03-26-2008, 10:37 AM
yeah, i dont see us going for d-mac at all. barring some amazing fall by him on draft day (unlikely) i dont see him in our considerations...

now jones on the other hand...maybe. but i think itd be the 2nd round most likely. someone could snap him up sooner than that but i dont see us going all out for him..

pellepelle_10
03-26-2008, 01:23 PM
I think that we would consider Harrison depending on the round. I'm not sure we would pull the trigger in the top 3 rounds, or even the 4th. But if he falls to the 5th, perhaps. Talent wise, he's probably a 3rd round pick right now, but I don't see us going on a DT character gamble at that point.

As for who we were there for, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for Felix Jones. He's a guy who, if we can trade down, might make sense as a complement to Benson that can actually challenge for the starting role. I just don't see us dealing up for McFadden. Of course, there are other guys that we could be there for. Robert Felton comes to mind as a 3rd-5th round guard that we might take a look at. Marcus Monk could be a big WR that we look at in, say, the 5th or 6th round. Michael Grant could even garner a look, although the chances of that seem rather slim.

Of course, it could be much ado about nothing.

I'm with you toons. I think Monk or DJ Hall would be excellent selections in the 4-5th rnds. Both have huge upsides and have proven at least something in college. Monk has been plagued by injuries though and this scares me a little bit. He has great size and speed and has been a threat when healthy. He ran some good times in his pro day also 4.40-4.41 40. Felton would be a nice choice as a late rnd Guard. McGlynn I'm not sold on. He looked outmatched in every drill I saw from Pro-Day. You've made some great mentios toons. I still think we go Mendenhall in the 1st though...lol