PDA

View Full Version : DRC a Hall of Famer???

bigreese82
03-26-2008, 01:04 PM
NFL | Rodgers-Cromartie continues to receive high praise Published Wed Mar 26 12:56:00 p.m. CT 2008

(KFFL) Alex Marvez, of FOXSports.com, reports Tennessee State CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has had his draft stock soar since January and may become the first defensive back selected in the NFL Draft. Tom Shaw, of Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex, handled Rodgers-Cromartie's pre-draft preparation. Shaw has worked with 94 first-round draft picks and has compared Rodgers-Cromartie to former NFL star CB Deion Sanders. "I think Dominique is a Hall of Famer," Shaw said. "The way this kid can react to the football, the way he adjusts ... He's the best receiver I have in this camp. He's a kid that can do everything."

princefielder28
03-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Dumb to title a player as Hall-of-Fame materials before he even steps on a NFL field. He is very skilled, no doubt, but don't make them HOF caliber.

bigreese82
03-26-2008, 01:10 PM
That is mighty high praise from a guy who has worked with a lot of players

WOW

Paul
03-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah so was Mike Williams.

03-26-2008, 01:13 PM
I'll take the other Cromartie please. :)

Santonio10
03-26-2008, 01:14 PM

Id take either lol

bigreese82
03-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Says he's the best RECEIVER he has in camp...He's a DB WOW

Thunder&Lightning
03-26-2008, 01:40 PM

hahaha same

WMD
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Well, now he's jinxed..

etk
03-26-2008, 02:17 PM
That's pretty high praise for a guy who didn't even dominate D1-AA receivers.

schmiddog
03-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Yeah, pretty sure he's a Hall of Famer too

Flowers, Cason, Talib, McKelvin, King, Jenkins-all no doubters as well.

Kenny Phillips, too-right etk? :)

P-L
03-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Maybe he can get inducted with Mike Williams.

etk
03-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah, pretty sure he's a Hall of Famer too

Flowers, Cason, Talib, McKelvin, King, Jenkins-all no doubters as well.

Kenny Phillips, too-right etk? :)

Flowers: Maybe...he's an exciting player and fills up the stat sheet well.
Cason: Not good enough.
Talib: Bust.
McKelvin: Great cover corner, not exactly Pro Bowl material because he can't catch the damn ball.
King: Potential is there, we'll see.
Jenkins: I'm not convinced he'll be great, but there's potential
Phillips: Not a chance....he's hardly the playmaking safety that fans love. The HOF and Pro Bowl are not nice to players that "do their job" so to speak. Tyrell Johnson is the only safety with HOF potential IMO.

BaLLiN
03-26-2008, 07:22 PM
McKelvin: Great cover corner, not exactly Pro Bowl material because he can't catch the damn ball.
Phillips: Not a chance....he's hardly the playmaking safety that fans love. The HOF and Pro Bowl are not nice to players that "do their job" so to speak. Tyrell Johnson is the only safety with HOF potential IMO.

DaJuan Morgan has potential as well

schmiddog
03-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Re: my last post

so much for subtle sarcasm

fenikz
03-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Cason actually has a better skill set for the the HOF than everyone on that list besides McKelvin, he is just a ball hawk and any time he picks it he can take it to the house, people vote for that kind of stuff

bored of education
03-26-2008, 08:27 PM
who said it LOL

CC.SD
03-26-2008, 09:23 PM
who said it LOL

by far the board's most horrifying signature. +rep.

I'll take the other Cromartie too. I guess the pipe dream of having both, which I've subtly daydreamed about all offseason, is officially dead.

At least there's still the Kenny Phillips train. choo choo! Weddle/Phillips/Cro/Jammer=No Fly Zone.

etk
03-26-2008, 09:27 PM

I knew you were being sarcastic, but it doesn't mean I can't look at it seriously myself.

diabsoule
03-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Maybe he can get inducted with Mike Williams.

Reggie Bush plans on being on that ballot as well.

bam bam
03-26-2008, 10:28 PM

you have been inducted into the Hall of Lame...for taking a sarcastic post and turning it serious

A Perfect Score
03-26-2008, 10:31 PM
this thread is dumb...wats the point in talking about putting a guy into the HOF before he even gets drafted? this guy could be the biggest bust in the draft, we dunno yet. I mean, he didnt even dominate AA recievers. Thats just one of teh knocks on him. Not that i dont think hes good, just...ugh its stupid to even think about this.

schmiddog
03-26-2008, 10:33 PM
I knew you were being sarcastic, but it doesn't mean I can't look at it seriously myself.

ok, touche..

the ironic thing is, one of them may turn out to be one. if i had to paint one with that brush, speculating of course, it would be DRC. the kid flat out has talent. serious talent. his ceiling is absurd.

ChezPower4
03-27-2008, 02:33 AM
I don't see how you can label someone a hall of famer before they have even been drafted or even stepped foot on an NFL field. Being in the HOF is a huge honor and has to earned. Their have been more players than I can even begin to count that we could all say "that guy has HOF talent" but they never even sniff a HOF ballot. Way to early to even think about DRC and HOF in the same sentence.

Abaddon
03-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Somewhere, Mel Kiper is cringing.

etk
03-27-2008, 02:36 PM
you have been inducted into the Hall of Lame...for taking a sarcastic post and turning it serious

You have been inducted in the Hall of Ignorant....for failing to read a full thread before opening your big mouth on something you clearly misunderstand.

schmiddog: agree. He will take some time like his cousin though.

bam bam
03-27-2008, 03:20 PM
You have been inducted in the Hall of Ignorant....for failing to read a full thread before opening your big mouth on something you clearly misunderstand.

GOOD ONE.

Sveen
03-27-2008, 03:22 PM
I think he has to play in the NFL before being Hall of Fame material ;)

Brent
03-27-2008, 03:28 PM
What a joke.

Staubach12
03-27-2008, 03:34 PM
This is a pointless thread.

bitonti
03-27-2008, 04:04 PM
That's pretty high praise for a guy who didn't even dominate D1-AA receivers.

he dominated all receivers at Senior Bowl practice and game.

Addict
03-27-2008, 04:21 PM

nothing subtle about it ;)

03-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Reggie Bush plans on being on that ballot as well.

You will eat your words next season ..

Cromartie and maybe Cason are the only DBs with HOF potential imo as well. Both huge playmakers who can reach star status at their position in only a matter of a few seasons. No joke.

Addict
03-27-2008, 05:04 PM
You will eat your words next season ..

Cromartie and maybe Cason are the only DBs with HOF potential imo as well. Both huge playmakers who can reach star status at their position in only a matter of a few seasons. No joke.

omg you just said he'll be eating bush!

etk
03-28-2008, 03:26 PM
he dominated all receivers at Senior Bowl practice and game.

Good point, but why is it that he was routinely beat by receivers that will never see an NFL camp in games that really count? Either he has improved a lot over the course of this year or he didn't try his hardest in college, which is a serious issue.

asmitty45
03-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah so was Mike Williams.

hahahahaha that is one of my favorite posts ive ever seen.

Oh millen.