PDA

View Full Version : Good idea?

Canadian_kid16
03-26-2008, 01:19 PM
After reading Scott's blog yesterday, I was wondering if you guys would be open to the idea of trading up with the Broncos if someone we valued was around @ #12? It would all depend on who was there, but I tinhk that it would be in our best interest to trade with the Broncos if the opportunity arises.

Thoughts?

Tampa 2 4 life
03-26-2008, 01:54 PM
To get who? Nobody there really fits our need area unless Sweed's stock soars before the combine.

etk
03-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Unless it's Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Dorsey, I'm not buying.

duane75
03-26-2008, 06:36 PM
i would trade the draft for glenn dorsey

terribletowel39
03-26-2008, 06:42 PM
i would trade the draft for glenn dorsey
Well I'm sure every Buc fan is glad you aren't in charge.

duane75
03-26-2008, 06:44 PM
ok whatever you say

duane75
03-26-2008, 06:45 PM
and why not

terribletowel39
03-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Because it's dumb. And even the Patriots who I believe all of us would agree was the best team last year have more than one hole. Why trade a whole draft for one player?? Remember the last time that happened. The Saints for Ricky Williams. That turned around and bit them in the ass. And believe me it's not cuz I am a Dorsey hater. I am an LSU fan through and through but come on the whole draft for one player. No player is that good.

duane75
03-26-2008, 06:50 PM
i just se that dominating dt that makes us sick but i know chuckie wont if we stay at 20 then a wr or a cb i dont see a qb worth takin at 20 but jenkins from s.fla would be sweet also jackson from cal

terribletowel39
03-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Huh?? I think you agreed with me and don't want to take a QB but Desean Jackson or Mike Jenkins would be picks you are fond of, yes??

duane75
03-26-2008, 06:57 PM
desean definetly we need more speed at wr perfrect pick with galloway still around im not ready to give up on stovall and clayton but someone small and fast would make a sick 4 wr set plus we could use a punt return man thats dangerous

duane75
03-26-2008, 06:58 PM
but do you see tanard jackson moving to corner with piscitelli playing safety

etk
03-26-2008, 07:00 PM
desean definetly we need more speed at wr perfrect pick with galloway still around im not ready to give up on stovall and clayton but someone small and fast would make a sick 4 wr set plus we could use a punt return man thats dangerous

When do we ever run 4 WR sets? Jackson makes no sense for our offense.

duane75
03-26-2008, 07:01 PM
and why not?

etk
03-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Because he is puny at 5'9 169 and we all saw how effective Joey Galloway was against physical corners this year...Galloway is almost 2 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier. We also run a WCO where most of our routes are short/intermediate ones to the inside, like slants, ins and curls, and that's not Jackson's strength. Jackson is good at bubble screens and deep posts, routes we rarely run. I like his elusiveness but he wouldn't be used properly in our offense and we're better off drafting a bigger receiver that still has some speed but can also go across the middle....like Devin Thomas.

duane75
03-26-2008, 07:07 PM
i agree with that to then again hardy from indiana would be a good fit to but i also agree with your other post of needing ellis from usc look at the texans last year in the draft and williams was awesome for them

etk
03-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Ellis would be nice....I'd trade most of our draft for him because only DT and WR are huge needs and we won't get great value at pick 20.

duane75
03-26-2008, 07:13 PM
i wonder where piscitelli fits in next year i know phillips needed to step up when we drafted him and tanard could play cb too

Caddy
03-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Hopefully we don't have to trade up to #12 to get DeSean...

Caddy
03-26-2008, 07:31 PM
i wonder where piscitelli fits in next year i know phillips needed to step up when we drafted him and tanard could play cb too

Tanard = FS
Sabby = SS

It isn't that complicated.

duane75
03-26-2008, 07:31 PM
yes i like desean

duane75
03-26-2008, 07:32 PM
and what about phillips?

etk
03-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Hopefully we don't have to trade up to #12 to get DeSean...

#12 in the 3rd round? I could see that happening.

Caddy
03-26-2008, 07:44 PM
and what about phillips?

Just because Sabby is around doesn't mean Phillips goes anywhere. There is a reason for a depth chart. Phillips will be #1 and Sabby will be #2.

Caddy
03-26-2008, 07:45 PM
#12 in the 3rd round? I could see that happening.

Well played my DeSean hating friend.

duane75
03-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Phillips did play well but why not Jackson at cb and Sabby at free safety

Caddy
03-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Phillips did play well but why not Jackson at cb and Sabby at free safety

Why would you move Tanard, who played fantastic as a rookie, for somebody who has barely played a down of football for our defense. That kind of defies logic.

duane75
03-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Why would you move Tanard, who played fantastic as a rookie, for somebody who has barely played a down of football for our defense. That kind of defies logic.

Jackson was a steal in the forth round last year and i think he will be just as good at cb we would have the hardest hitting secondary in the league and it makes drafting a cb not an option

etk
03-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Piscitelli is NOT a hard hitter....when I saw him at the other OSU he played soft. Let him earn a starting spot, don't just give it to him.

duane75
03-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Piscitelli is NOT a hard hitter....when I saw him at the other OSU he played soft. Let him earn a starting spot, don't just give it to him.

We basically traded Booker for him but i agree let him earn his spot but he is the size of a linebacker so im sure he will get playing time somewhere

Caddy
03-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Jackson was a steal in the forth round last year and i think he will be just as good at cb we would have the hardest hitting secondary in the league and it makes drafting a cb not an option

It does not make sense no matter which way you describe it. Why take a chance on 2 players playing 2 new positions when you only have to take 1 chance on a player at CB?

duane75
03-26-2008, 07:56 PM
It does not make sense no matter which way you describe it. Why take a chance on 2 players playing 2 new positions when you only have to take 1 chance on a player at CB?

It will be interesting which way we go at #20 i really want a qb because outside of Simms they all have weak arms.I think if he is healthy he should play

Tampa 2 4 life
03-26-2008, 08:03 PM
It will be interesting which way we go at #20 i really want a qb because outside of Simms they all have weak arms.I think if he is healthy he should play

We have WCO. Weak arms don't mean anything as long as they're accurate. Besides, Josh Johnson with our 3rd makes more than enough sense.

duane75
03-26-2008, 08:05 PM
We have WCO. Weak arms don't mean anything as long as they're accurate. Besides, Josh Johnson with our 3rd makes more than enough sense.

i havent seen anything about him but your gonna say weak arms fit wco how when garcia struggles to throw a slant pattern atleast simms throws a bullet

Caddy
03-26-2008, 08:44 PM
i havent seen anything about him but your gonna say weak arms fit wco how when garcia struggles to throw a slant pattern atleast simms throws a bullet

You haven't seen anything about Josh Johnson? Man you are out of the loop. He is a prototypical WCO QB and whilst I don't think we should pick him, he is probably the QB most ideally suited to our scheme.

etk
03-26-2008, 09:36 PM
We're not picking any QBs. We have 6 of them on the freaking roster right now.

I like Johnson, but he throws the same fluttery deep balls that McCown throws, so he wouldn't be a huge upgrade. McCown is great except for his deep balls and occasionally not throwing the ball when he has to.

dbtb135
03-27-2008, 02:17 AM
To get who? Nobody there really fits our need area unless Sweed's stock soars before the combine.

Even if it did, why in the world would we want to pay that price for Sweed? I don't think I'd even take him at 20 given the chance...

Tampa 2 4 life
03-27-2008, 12:53 PM
We're not picking any QBs. We have 6 of them on the freaking roster right now.

I like Johnson, but he throws the same fluttery deep balls that McCown throws, so he wouldn't be a huge upgrade. McCown is great except for his deep balls and occasionally not throwing the ball when he has to.

Simms even skipped last week’s “quarterback orientation” (which in Tampa requires a full-blown banquet hall), the first time he has missed the session in his NFL career.

“I just think . . . it’s in my best interest to continue my own workouts and to just wait and see what happens with the team,” Simms said. “I don’t really know what’s going to happen. As far as the Bucs and the quarterback position goes, it’s always an adventure.”

That means we're drafting Kyle Wright. :(

etk
03-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Even if it did, why in the world would we want to pay that price for Sweed? I don't think I'd even take him at 20 given the chance...

LOL. Remember our argument about our receivers being slow....imagine if we drafted Sweed....good luck running the ball with 3 possession receivers.

Canadian_kid16
03-27-2008, 03:23 PM

when I made this thread, I basically was thinking of someone like Ellis or Clady or Dorsey falling to #12, not a WR

duane75
03-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Simms even skipped last week’s “quarterback orientation” (which in Tampa requires a full-blown banquet hall), the first time he has missed the session in his NFL career.

“I just think . . . it’s in my best interest to continue my own workouts and to just wait and see what happens with the team,” Simms said. “I don’t really know what’s going to happen. As far as the Bucs and the quarterback position goes, it’s always an adventure.”

That means we're drafting Kyle Wright. :(

i would give kyle wright a chance the dude got to the u after all the top players left i think he can play at the nfl level in the right system

Caddy
03-27-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm all for acquiring Kyle Wright... As an UDFA.

dbtb135
03-27-2008, 07:35 PM
when I made this thread, I basically was thinking of someone like Ellis or Clady or Dorsey falling to #12, not a WR

Me too, getting one of the elite or near-elite prospects. Where as none of the WRs have really separated themselves to where I'd even want to think about that move.

LOL. Remember our argument about our receivers being slow....imagine if we drafted Sweed....good luck running the ball with 3 possession receivers.

My thought exactly.

duane75
03-27-2008, 08:18 PM
if we go reciever we need speed thats why i like desean jackson he was a top player in college and he will stretch the field plus give us a good punt returner and having a top defense that can really help us

Tampa 2 4 life
03-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Devin Thomas > DeSean Jackson.

Same dazzle, but 6'2'' 210.

duane75
03-27-2008, 08:33 PM
i know he does look good but im not sure he will get by minnesota or philly i hate philly but loved when we shut down the vet

Tampa 2 4 life
03-27-2008, 08:34 PM
i know he does look good but im not sure he will get by minnesota or philly i hate philly but loved when we shut down the vet

Philly's in Win Now mode, they're not taking a project like Thomas. No way Vikings go offense, they need a DE.

duane75
03-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Philly's in Win Now mode, they're not taking a project like Thomas. No way Vikings go offense, they need a DE.

i guess we will see but we need another wr and we need speed did you not see how slow we looked against the giants in the playoffs and anyone who knocks clayton are td drive against the giants he had 3 nice catches and we got a td i would love to get a top notch qb but in this draft who?

etk
03-28-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm all for acquiring Kyle Wright... As an UDFA.

His decision-making is a big minus for our system, but don't sleep on Wright as an NFL prospect. I don't want him on our squad either but after seeing his throws at the combine and reading what scouts said about him it's not too much of a stretch to think he sucked in college because he had 4 different offensive co-ordinators, awful receivers and a swiss cheese line. Even still he was alright as a sophomore and average as a Senior. He can start in the NFL, and compared to the other late-round picks that have no tools whatsoever (Matt Flynn, Tyler Donovan, etc.) he looks pretty damn interesting.

duane75
03-29-2008, 04:48 AM
I agree Kyle Wright can play he is the toughest qb i've ever seen at the U.He's got speed and a strong arm remember he was the top qb in high school when he signed with the U he just did'nt have the talent like Dorsey did i think he is worth a 5th round pic for the bucs

dbtb135
04-01-2008, 04:03 AM
As a fellow U fan with once high hopes for Wright, I must say he absolutely sucks. He'd show a flash of his potential, every now and then, against mediocre to weak competition. Aside from that, nothing. Obviously you like the kid's physical tools, but you like X Lee's too. But there's a point when you just have to throw in the towel and admit the guy is a bum. It's like having Brock Berlin minus the late, shotgun comebacks.

etk
04-01-2008, 05:05 PM
It's not the end of the road yet for Kyle, and that's what matters. Teams with late-round picks will be intriguing by his developmental tools, and you know everyone is trying to find the next Brady. It's a slim chance but 3-4 years from now he could be the QBotF somewhere....you can't say the same about the other late-round prospects excluding Kevin O'Connell (equally mediocre production at a mid-major).

dbtb135
04-01-2008, 07:12 PM
I don't think you could draw that conclusion based on physical potential though. You could have said the same about Adrian McPherson a few drafts ago, but it obviously turned out to not be true. I think the more late round draft picks that are successful in the league (the Tom Bradys, Trent Greens, Marc Bulgers, Rich Gannons, Jeff Garcias, Matt Hasselbecks, Jon Kitnas) got that way more on intangibles and understanding of the game than potential and raw ability. The only one I can think of with really good physical skills is Romo.

etk
04-01-2008, 09:03 PM
The point is that there are some players that are labeled as career backups only and other players are projects that have the potential to start. Wright fits into that category because of his background as a top recruit and because his skills deteriorated under numerous offensive coordinators in a program that faced a lot of turmoil. I wouldn't be saying any of this, however, if I didn't read reports and watch him impress throwing the ball at the combine. He's definitely a player with positive momentum on his side, and really the only former Cane that is moving up aside from Darnell Jenkins. We'll see how your history lesson works out with Wright and others (Morelli), though.