PDA

View Full Version : Your Team's Most Underated player

neko4
03-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Lets all be careful here. We all know the homerfest that this can turn into. So lets all choose wisely. Only one player...

Johnny Jolly for Green Bay
Played great and line play was visibly worse when he got hurt.

RaiderNation
03-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Justin Fargas

defensiveback23
03-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Matt Wilhelm ILB. When he was hurt for a few games the defense was at its statistical worst and both the run and pass defense suffered greatly.

fenikz
03-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Gabe Watson, one of the best young NTs in the league, can't believe we got him with a 4th

bored of education
03-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Tought question for KC. Jarrad Page. He had to do alot more than he should have in run support since their wasnt any on KC

Turtlepower
How about the entire Giants o-line.

jetsfan0099
I have a few, that are underrated across the league. I'll list in order
1-Jerricho Cotchery-He has great hands, physical, tough to bring down, great route runner, underrated speed. People say hes too slow, yet he still can bust a 70 yard TD and burn the secondary. I think he has the heart of a champion, and really just keeps improving, should of been a starter since he was a rookie, but Herman Edwards screwed that up. Definite steal from that class.
2-Kerry Rhodes-Amazing safety, playmaker, great blitzer, probably the best safety in the NFL at coming up and hitting stride with his blitz and getting to the QB. We didn't really do it this year, but when we did he had 5 sacks in 2006. Also jumps routes well and athletic as hell, should of been a pro bowler this year and last. top 5 safety in the NFL. Vocal leader for us also.
3-Leon Washington-Great back up RB, had a 5.0 average with our horrible OL, fast, elusive, great vision and patients. Good receiver out of the backfield, great KR, good PR. Does everything, great team player, and teammate. Positive attitude in the locker room, a joy to watch on sundarys.

Vikes99ej
03-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Anthony Herrera had a good season for us at right guard.

BaLLiN
03-26-2008, 07:34 PM
How about the entire Giants o-line.

well pretty much, on defense its probably Tuck, AP, or Madison

Yatta!
03-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Johnny Jolly for Green Bay
Played great and line play was visibly worse when he got hurt.

Amen to that. I also think that Donald Lee is a lot better than most people think.

duane75
03-26-2008, 07:36 PM
philip buchanon played well last year its his spot to lose with kelly gone

P-L
03-26-2008, 07:37 PM
No one on the Lions is really underrated. We only have a few good players on our entire team. If I had to pick someone, I'd say Gerald Alexander. He played quite well for us last year as a rookie but because the defense as a whole sucked, no one cared.

neko4
03-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Gabe Watson, one of the best young NTs in the league, can't believe we got him with a 4th
i liked him coming out. wasnt sure why he dropped
Is he starting over former Michigan teammate Branch or did they move him to DE?

ATLDirtyBirds
03-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Michael Boley. People are coming around though.

ninerfan
03-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Gore can no longer claim the prize, it goes to Delanie Walker TE

Billingsley26
03-26-2008, 07:39 PM
George Wilson DB, converted from WR at the beginning of the season for Buffalo.

For New England, DL Mike Wright, played very well in replacement time for either Richad Seymour or Ty Warren.

Turtlepower
well pretty much, on defense its probably Tuck, AP, or Madison

Tuck is definitely not underrated anymore. And AP is just about right in people's appreciation of him. As for Madison, he is such a wash because he is so old and hurt, I don't know what to make of him half the time.

neko4
Amen to that. I also think that Donald Lee is a lot better than most people think.
definitly. but atleast Donald Lee gets some recognition. I must of seen atleast 20 mockdrafts on mymockdraft.com that had GB getting a first round DT

Caddy
I would probably go with B.J. Askew. He had a great year as lead blocker and played a crucial role in the success of the running game despite injuries to Cadillac Williams and Michael Pittman.

Burns336
03-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Dallas - Chris Canty

duane75
03-26-2008, 07:42 PM
B.J. Askew did great at fullback we had alot of players step up for us last year

neko4
03-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Tuck is definitely not underrated anymore. And AP is just about right in people's appreciation of him. As for Madison, he is such a wash because he is so old and hurt, I don't know what to make of him half the time.
How bout Eli Manning?
The dude did just when the super bowl, but there are some major consitency problems

SuperMcGee
03-26-2008, 07:45 PM
George Wilson DB, converted from WR at the beginning of the season for Buffalo.

For New England, DL Mike Wright, played very well in replacement time for either Richad Seymour or Ty Warren.

Little known as he may be, I don't think Wilson is good enough to be called underrated. He's a great team guy who had some takeaways, but his coverage and tackling left a lot to be desired. I like him for depth as he continues to get better at the position.

My pick would be either of the guys on the right side. Brad Butler or Langston Walker.

BeerBaron
03-26-2008, 07:48 PM
a serious one for the bears: desmond clark. looked like our best pass catcher at times last years.....might actually be the best pass catcher headed into next year. he and olsen on the field at the same time will be a mismatch problem from hell for any defense. hopefully ol ron turner knows enough to actually do that.....

one i feel for the bears: devin hester. as long as there is one human being on the planet that doesnt think he is the best return man in football today, he is underrated. i think TMQ said it best once last year in that every team should kick or punt it straight out of bounds when he is on the field. even kickoffs. give the bears usually godawful offense good field position, theyre less likely to score than hester is...

etk
03-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Jovan Haye is very underrated. Mockmakers across the globe keep saying how we need to draft a pass rushing UT and we need to replace Warren Sapp, but Haye is a top 10 UT IMO (there aren't many good ones) and a key piece for this team to build on. If we need a DT it's a NT to replace Hovan (aging) and some depth for rotational purposes because Haye is average at best against the run, especially when he wears down at the end of drives.

Also underrated:

Earnest Graham, BJ Askew, Donald Penn, Greg White & Jermaine Phillips.

Nitschke-Hawk
03-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Ryan Pickett

A Perfect Score
03-26-2008, 07:52 PM
ravens- Kelly Gregg- is a top 5 NT in the entire league, hands down. Hes so underrated it isnt even funny. he makes our defence work.

on offense prolly derrick mason. hes getting up there, but he had 102 receptions last year. still a solid reciever who gets little credit

skinzzfan25
03-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Mike Sellers - FB

Great lead blocker and a receiving option out of the backfield. Near 300 pounds yet still light on his feet, jumping over chumps. Takes 2-3 people to take him down nearly every time.

Also, he hits like no other.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mXrra91QSvU

http://i1.tinypic.com/8an2xon.gif

lionsfan81
03-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Underrated for the lions is Gerald Alexander and Mike Furrey. Furrey just runs good routes and rarely drops a pass.

neko4
03-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Mike Sellers - FB

Great lead blocker and a receiving option out of the backfield. Near 300 pounds yet still light on his feet, jumping over chumps. Takes 2-3 people to take him down nearly every time.

http://i1.tinypic.com/8an2xon.gif\

I met that dude...built like a truck

Cashmoney
03-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Since Roos is starting to get some recognition I'll flip it and go with our RT David Stewart.

T-RICH49
03-26-2008, 08:32 PM
I will say Tamba Hali.He gets overshadowed by Jared Allen but I see him having a monster year this coming season

themaninblack
BJ Askew is a Cincy guy, nice to see him gettin some love. He was unreal in HS.

As for the Bengals, our most underrated player is probably Domata Peko.

The Unseen
Brian Williams

21ST
03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Reed Doughty

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-26-2008, 08:40 PM
I wanna say Cutler mostly cuz there isn't anyone else. Anyway, Jay really kept us in a lot of games, and even though people were like "oh if not for elam theyd be like 0-8" well in the buffalo game Elam sucked. he was like 2/4.

regoob2
03-26-2008, 08:43 PM
For the Bears I'd say Dvoracek has to be close to the top. Our run D went from good to bad after he left.

bored of education
03-26-2008, 08:45 PM
I wanna say Cutler mostly cuz there isn't anyone else. Anyway, Jay really kept us in a lot of games, and even though people were like "oh if not for elam theyd be like 0-8" well in the buffalo game Elam sucked. he was like 2/4.

Cutler is GODLY

Smokey Joe
03-26-2008, 08:47 PM
For the Bears, it's Hunter Hillenmeyer.

regoob2
03-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Mike Sellers - FB

http://i1.tinypic.com/8an2xon.gifThats cool to watch but how bout he actually gains more than 1 yard after he levels someone. Both guys got him to the ground.

regoob2
03-26-2008, 08:48 PM
For the Bears, it's Hunter Hillenmeyer.
I think Hunter is pretty well respected though.

BeerBaron
03-26-2008, 08:50 PM
For the Bears I'd say Dvoracek has to be close to the top. Our run D went from good to bad after he left.

after that....one game, lol

regoob2
03-26-2008, 08:53 PM
after that....one game, loldont sleep on Dusty. There's a reason he was the starter at NT over Adams and Walker.

bearsfan_51
03-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah I was thinking Desmond Clark for the Bears as well. Maybe Hunter Hillenmeyer.

GB12
03-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Ryan Pickett
Exactly who I was going to say, but since you already did I'll say Scott Wells.

gsorace
03-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Earnest Graham

Should have made the pro bowl over Marion Barber.

As for the Jets, I'm going to have to agree with the guy who said Jericho
Cotchery.

EvilMonkey
03-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I gotta second Johnny Jolly for the Pack, we were a lot stronger before he got hurt last year.

TimD
03-26-2008, 09:07 PM
chris baker. good blocker and good hands

Yung Flippa
03-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Baltimore: Demetrius Williams & Troy Smith

Houston: Fred Bennett

scottyboy
03-26-2008, 09:08 PM
chris baker. good blocker and good hands

Chris "the touchdown maker" Baker

oh and for the Giants- Shaun O'Hara.

mainly because he went to RU, but not talked about much, but one of the better centers in the league, and the anchor and captain and leader of our OL

neko4
03-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Reed Doughty

He looked good down the stretch

BJ Askew is a Cincy guy, nice to see him gettin some love. He was unreal in HS.

As for the Bengals, our most underrated player is probably Domata Peko.
Peko looked nice, too bad the rest of the D was so bad

the_legend_killer
03-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Anthony Herrera had a good season for us at right guard.

That's who I thought of as well, the silent hero of the O-Line. But to be a little different I'll go on the defensive side and say Chad Greenway. He just made plays during the season.

TimD
03-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Should have made the pro bowl over Marion Barber.

As for the Jets, I'm going to have to agree with the guy who said Jericho
Cotchery.

cotchery isnt underated. he gets a lot of credit.

baker on the other hand is completely underated. he blocks because they ask him to and when he goes out in coverage he puts up good numbers. i think he'll be a sleep TE unless we draft one because he won't have to block so much with the upgrades at oline.

nfrillman
03-26-2008, 09:29 PM
I know you said pick one, but I am breaking the rules.

Rams
MLB- Will Witherspoon- One of the best MLB's in the league
FS- Oshiomogho Atogwe- Led the NFC in ints I believe, will become a top safety in the league
HB- Steven Jackson- Kidding

Thunder&Lightning
03-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Chargers: Olshansky

The Great Jonathan Vilma
03-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Jets: Chris Baker, soley on the basis that people have heard of Cotchery because of his production. Same with Kerry Rhodes, he may not make the pro bowl, but people know and respect his game. Baker on the other hand is a guy you will never hear about, but when i watch him he seems reliable both blocking and suprisingly in his catching ability.

I think Baker also exceeds Leon Washington, although his kick return abilities certainly are an asset that cannot be overlooked

PalmerToCJ
03-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Defense: Domata Peko
Offense: Stacy Andrews (obviously the organization didn't underrate him)

Sniper
03-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Brian Westbrook. For some reason, people love to overlook this guy. He plays on a team where he's the only offensive playmaker yet is still a stud. Criminally underused at times, he can do it all. Rushing, receiving, returning etc...

OzTitan
03-26-2008, 09:45 PM
I think most Titans' fans underrate the importance and impact LenDale White had last season. Other than that, while the OL gets respect as a whole, you'd be hard pressed to see Michael Roos or David Stewart get individual recognition when they make one of the league's better young OT tandems.

BaLLiN
03-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Chris "the touchdown maker" Baker

oh and for the Giants- Shaun O'Hara.

mainly because he went to RU, but not talked about much, but one of the better centers in the league, and the anchor and captain and leader of our OL

haha, the sad part about it is that its partly true and he goes to RU

XxXdragonXxX
03-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Have to go with OLB LeRoy Hill.

I think most people here know that he is really good...but just the other day I read a mock draft that had the Hawks taking a LB in round 2, who will "replace Hill immediately." I just had to laugh.

diabsoule
03-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Jahri Evans, RG. Possibly one of the best young guards in the league.

scottyboy
03-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Brian Westbrook. For some reason, people love to overlook this guy. He plays on a team where he's the only offensive playmaker yet is still a stud. Criminally underused at times, he can do it all. Rushing, receiving, returning etc...

i dont get it. Seriously, i think he's a top 5 back, if not the best. Strikes fear in my heart EVERY time he gets the ball. Seriously, if I had to choose between him and Tomlinson, all things taken into account, i may take Westbrook, even though he is an Eagle. And I hate like everything Eagles and I'm a homer, but he's that good

Flyboy
03-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Jahri Evans easily.

d34ng3l021
03-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Other than Michael Boley, I would have to say John Abraham. People no longer recognize him as a top5 pass rusher DE and probably top10 DE.

vidae
03-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Tamba Hali and Jarrad Page were both good choices, but I'm going to go with our other safety, Bernard Pollard. Dude is a beast and I think he'll only get better. Good at run support and really physical, will knock someone out if given the opportunity.

I really like both of our young safeties though. I hope they improve this season so we keep them both around.

Dam8610
03-26-2008, 10:41 PM
For the Colts, it's probably Freddie Keiaho. He showed his potential in the first game, and played hurt (when he did play) the rest of the way. If he can stay healthy this year, he'll be a great fit at WLB for this defense.

Dam8610
03-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Tamba Hali and Jarrad Page were both good choices, but I'm going to go with our other safety, Bernard Pollard. Dude is a beast and I think he'll only get better. Good at run support and really physical, will knock someone out if given the opportunity.

I really like both of our young safeties though. I hope they improve this season so we keep them both around.

Bonecrusher is doing well at safety? That's a bit surprising to me, I really thought the Chiefs were planning to move him to LB when they drafted him.

SaintsFanForLife
03-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Jahri Evans, RG. Possibly one of the best young guards in the league.

Jahri Evans easily.

This was just as easy of a call for me...Jahri it is.

Komp
03-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Wow for the Raiders this is tough. Someone mentioned Fargas, but I think he gained a lot of respect for how he played in the 2nd half of the season. I am going to go out on a different track and say that Robert Gallery is the most underrated player on our roster. I think most of the football community is well aware of the fact that Gallery has been a colossal disappointment since being the most highly regarded OT prospect since Boselli/Pace. What most probably don't know is Gallery turned into a solid LG last year. Since most ppl would still put "Robert Gallery" and "sucks" in the same sentence, that makes him the most underrated player on the team in my books.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Chris Canty was said, so I will say Roy Williams

haha j/k Kevin Burnett

JagHombre22
03-26-2008, 11:22 PM
For the Jaguars...

I think he's a top 10 LB...but nobody recognizes how good Daryl Smith really is...

he's started every game of his career...racked up over 300 tackles in 4 seasons...

Nitschke-Hawk
03-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Exactly who I was going to say, but since you already did I'll say Scott Wells.

Seems we have so many good ones. We could've picked 4 or 5 different guys. But I picked Pickett cause I haven't seen anybody but Packer fans talk about him on this board. Takes double teams all the time, he stops the run for us, he does his job all the time.

RUGMEN
03-26-2008, 11:41 PM
It has to be Fred Robbins on the Giants. The guy consistantly makes plays and gets no love.

proshoota25
03-26-2008, 11:53 PM
for the patriots its gotta be either jarvis green or james sanders

sweetness34
03-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Hmmmm....

Hillenmeyer is pretty underrated but I'll go with Alex Brown or Robbie Gould.

03-27-2008, 12:24 AM
On offense 1000 yard rusher Justin Fargas and defense it could debatably go to either Kirk Morrison or Thomas Howard two pro bowl calibur LBs who often get overlooked.

Hines
03-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Easy, Aaron Smith, Heath Miller, Ike Taylor.

LonghornsLegend
03-27-2008, 12:53 AM
I could go alot of ways with this but Ill say Marc Columbo just because I think he is really underrated...He hasnt missed a game in some time(dont know the exact number) and has been a very solid RT...I gave him the slight nod over Anthony Henry due to the fact that Columbo doesnt miss any games, Henry is great and under appreciated but he's still likely to miss at least 4 games next year one way or another.

Aftermath
03-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Bobbie Williams - Bengals

LonghornsLegend
03-27-2008, 01:25 AM
Mike Sellers - FB

http://i1.tinypic.com/8an2xon.gif

I honestly feel bad for any db that has to tackle him out in the open...The few times he will sneak into the flat or the secondary you can tell no one wants to tackle him, it always looks like it hurts the defender when they try to bring him down no matter how big they are.

its also pretty sick to be able to move like that at his size, thats not your typical fullback.

fenikz
03-27-2008, 01:25 AM
i liked him coming out. wasnt sure why he dropped
Is he starting over former Michigan teammate Branch or did they move him to DE?

Branch rotates in at DE and NT, Smith and Dockett start at end

vidae
03-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Bonecrusher is doing well at safety? That's a bit surprising to me, I really thought the Chiefs were planning to move him to LB when they drafted him.

He's doing alright for a young safety. I think he will get better. I'm a big believer in Herm and Gunther Cunningham. We'll see how it works out, but I'm pretty high on Jarrad Page and Pollard both. Hope they work out for us.

Modano
03-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Dallas - Chris Canty

I would add Kevin Burnett.

zoinks
03-27-2008, 03:40 AM
Michael Roos and Stewart were my first thought, but they've started getting a lot recognition as one of the better tandems in the league, so I'm not sure they count anymore.

I'll go out on a limb here and say Michael Griffin, who racked up a season's worth of stats in only half a season. Any time a rookie displaces a veteran starter on a Jeff Fisher coached team, you know the guy is something special.

leroyisgod
03-27-2008, 04:33 AM
This is a tough one, but I'd have to say Chris Canty.

D-Rod
03-27-2008, 05:10 AM
For the Falcons, Jon Babineaux.

GermanSaint
03-27-2008, 05:54 AM
mike mckenzie

eaglesalltheway
03-27-2008, 06:40 AM
For the Eagles, I would have to say Broderick Bunkley.

eaglesalltheway
03-27-2008, 06:42 AM

I would have said Westy, but he has gotten a lot of praises by a lot over the past year. If this question would have been this time last year, I would have said Westbrook, but he has gotten what he deserved in terms of notoriety since then.

Matthew Jones
03-27-2008, 08:55 AM
For the Patriots, there's probably a few.

WR Jabar Gaffney - Played better than Donte' Stallworth last year, signed a much, much smaller contract and got no interest on the free agent market.

DE Jarvis Green - Probably outplayed Richard Seymour last year even though he wore down a bit as he started a number of games in a row.

DE Ty Warren - Probably one of the best defensive ends in the league and yet he's considered the weak link of our 3-4 defensive line. Does everything.

FS James Sanders - Just made a lot of plays last year. Was a good tackler, played smart, got a few interceptions. Couldn't ask for anything more.

bigbluedefense
03-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Im going to do the NFC East

NYG: Gerris Wilkinson
Philly: Omar Gaither
Dallas: Anthony Fasano
Washington: Laron Landry

Let me explain my choices. Gerris Wilkinson bc nobody has heard of him really, but now that he'll get his chance to start this year, he's going to show what he can really do. He's exactly the kind of speed our LB core needs, and he's going to have a breakout season.

Omar Gaither i believe will play like one of the best MIKEs in the league this upcoming season. Outside the NFC East, I don't think many ppl know about him. If those DTs up front can do their job, he's going to beast it this year.

Its hard naming an "underrated" cowboy bc they all tend to be overrated. I was going to pick Canty, but I feel that Fasano is a very good TE talent rotting on the bench. If he's given a chance, I think he can really produce on a football field. The thing is, Garret runs a spread offense and doesn't really use 2 TE sets at all, and Fasano is not going to beat out Witten for the starting job, so he's just wasting away on the bench.

Laron Landry, yes everyone knows how good he is. But when he made the switch to FS, he played like arguably the best safety in the league right away, he was that good. I was extremely impressed with him when he made the switch and was allowed to ballhawk. I think this guy will make a serious run at being the best safety in the league next year. And by that assumption, I consider him underrated.

gdamac
03-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Oren O'neal & Thomas Howard

TheGreatEscape
03-27-2008, 09:30 AM
As superbowl champs no one is really under-rated but some guys who are still a little under-rated are Diehl (just goes out and does everything we ask of him), Steve Smith (was a guy Eli looked for on third downs regularly throughout the run), Ahmad Bradshaw (explosive little guy who use leverage to be a major pain to bring down) and Shaun O'hara (I give him a lot of the credit for the olines chemistry as center)

bigbluedefense
03-27-2008, 09:32 AM
As superbowl champs no one is really under-rated but some guys who are still a little under-rated are Diehl (just goes out and does everything we ask of him), Steve Smith (was a guy Eli looked for on third downs regularly throughout the run), Ahmad Bradshaw (explosive little guy who use leverage to be a major pain to bring down) and Shaun O'hara (I give him a lot of the credit for the olines chemistry as center)

I completely forgot about Shaun O'Hara. He's vastly underrated. He had an amazing season, and hes a big time leader.

scottyboy
03-27-2008, 09:37 AM
I completely forgot about Shaun O'Hara. He's vastly underrated. He had an amazing season, and hes a big time leader.

I so called O'Hara last page :D

You guys all know where he attened college right? ;)

Modano
03-27-2008, 09:50 AM

Let me explain my choices. Gerris Wilkinson bc nobody has heard of him really, but now that he'll get his chance to start this year, he's going to show what he can really do. He's exactly the kind of speed our LB core needs, and he's going to have a breakout season.

Omar Gaither i believe will play like one of the best MIKEs in the league this upcoming season. Outside the NFC East, I don't think many ppl know about him. If those DTs up front can do their job, he's going to beast it this year.

Its hard naming an "underrated" cowboy bc they all tend to be overrated. I was going to pick Canty, but I feel that Fasano is a very good TE talent rotting on the bench. If he's given a chance, I think he can really produce on a football field. The thing is, Garret runs a spread offense and doesn't really use 2 TE sets at all, and Fasano is not going to beat out Witten for the starting job, so he's just wasting away on the bench.

Laron Landry, yes everyone knows how good he is. But when he made the switch to FS, he played like arguably the best safety in the league right away, he was that good. I was extremely impressed with him when he made the switch and was allowed to ballhawk. I think this guy will make a serious run at being the best safety in the league next year. And by that assumption, I consider him underrated.

Isn't Bradley going to start at MLB next year?

bigbluedefense
03-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Isn't Bradley going to start at MLB next year?

is he? I like what Gaither brings to the MIKE position for them. He gave them a MIKE who can run down the seam and provide coverage in the middle.

Jakey
03-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Steelers = Anthony Smith

He got allot of stick last year for calling out the pats, and that seems to change peoples judgement on him...he is still a playmaker and he is a verbal leader that our defence needs, IMO he is very underrated. Try watching his play...not his mouth.

(ignore the pats game, Randy Moss abused every DB last year) :p

indyfan1985
03-27-2008, 10:30 AM
For Indy I would probably say MLB Gary Brackett. He continually puts up a ton of tackles and still has not made the pro bowl. Probably because he only fits this Cover 2 scheme. Brackett has for the most part stayed healthy these past seasons too.

neko4
03-27-2008, 10:31 AM

You gave me an idea...
Chicago- Desmond Clark
Detroit- Jon Kitna, i always see this guy running for his damn life, he'd be better if they had a half decent line and would stop saying theyre gonna win 10 games
Minnesota- Chad Greenway

AllanO444
03-27-2008, 11:10 AM
For the Titans I do think Roos and Stewart are underrated but I think I'm gonna go with Cortland Finnegan. He's becoming one of the best young CB's in this league. I love watching him play. Being a 7th round draft pick he plays with a chip on his shoulder. People are starting to hear his name but I still think he's underrated...

terribletowel39
03-27-2008, 11:21 AM
It's got to be Aaron Smith for our squad. Top 2 34 DE in the game and his importance was cemented last year when we allowed 72 yards rushing per game all year and the last two games he didn't play because of torn biceps and we allowed like 160 yards rushing average those two games.

Also Larry Foote, he is even underrated by Steelers fans.

Santonio10
03-27-2008, 11:26 AM
It's got to be Aaron Smith for our squad. Top 2 34 DE in the game and his importance was cemented last year when we allowed 72 yards rushing per game all year and the last two games he didn't play because of torn biceps and we allowed like 160 yards rushing average those two games.

Also Larry Foote, he is even underrated by Steelers fans.

I agree with you TT. Ike Taylor is pretty underrated as well

Menardo75
03-27-2008, 02:16 PM
It seems like Buffalo could claim a lot of those prizes on the 9ers does vernon davis fit that?

etk
03-27-2008, 02:38 PM
is he? I like what Gaither brings to the MIKE position for them. He gave them a MIKE who can run down the seam and provide coverage in the middle.

I think they said Bradley will play MIKE...that's what they drafted him for.

Bobo
03-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I think most Titans' fans underrate the importance and impact LenDale White had last season. Other than that, while the OL gets respect as a whole, you'd be hard pressed to see Michael Roos or David Stewart get individual recognition when they make one of the league's better young OT tandems.

I'd say Roos, Stewart, and Finnegan. But Lendale? He was very average last year imo. Maybe Chris Hope can be thrown in the mix, doesn't seem to get much recognition.

DawgBone
03-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Browns
FB - Lawrence Vickers
RG/RT - Ryan Tucker
DE/NT - Shaun Smith
SS - Sean Jones

JonasBlane
03-27-2008, 08:29 PM
I second Aaron Smith. One of the most valuable players on the Steelers year in and year out. Not a big name though, because he's not a stats guy.

Smooth Criminal
03-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Easily Aaron smith for the steelers. He gets no respect as a 3-4 de but he is a key part of the defense and does his job well. The defense was clearly worse against the run when he out because he is a great run stopper. Easily one of the best 3-4 des in the game

DeathbyStat
03-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Easily Aaron smith for the steelers. He gets no respect as a 3-4 de but he is a key part of the defense and does his job well. The defense was clearly worse against the run when he out because he is a great run stopper. Easily one of the best 3-4 des in the game

I couldn't agree more....are defense really suffered without him.

JT Jag
03-27-2008, 10:02 PM
AFC South

Jaguars: Daryl Smith. He's developed into a top-10 MLB over the last two years because of the opportunities given him due to Mike Peterson's injuries.
Colts: The entire offensive line unit.
Texans: Owen Daniels. He's been a very solid receiving TE for them the last couple years.
Tennessee: Keith Bulluck. He had a down-year this year, but before that his statistics were neck-and-neck with Derrick Brooks' after his first 7 seasons. I have no doubt he rebounds next year. He doesn't get a fourth of the pub he deserves.

BamaFalcon59
03-27-2008, 10:10 PM
For the Falcons I would say Roddy White, Michael Boley, and Jonathan Babineaux. White is great. Horrible quarterback play and still grabs over 80 catches for 1,200 receiving yards and six touchdowns? Insane. Boley is a top five strong side linebacker. 6'3" 240-245 pound linebacker who is fast, can blitz, and can cover great as well. Three sacks on Peyton Manning in one game is not easy to do. Babineaux is a stud. He gets in the backfield on running plays so often, and gets some pass rush too. He catches runningbacks from behind on counters and sweeps, and gets them on screens as well. I expect more of the same next year for Babineaux but more sacks.

All three are tremendously talented.

LonghornsLegend
03-27-2008, 11:27 PM

Im glad you said it because when I did awhile back I got blasted for it by everyone.

ChezPower4
03-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Atari Bigby-S

TheBuffaloBills
04-01-2008, 07:23 PM
I would go with Ryan Lindell, he is quite underrated.

keylime_5
04-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Lawrence Vickers.

RaiderFan
04-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Wow for the Raiders this is tough. Someone mentioned Fargas, but I think he gained a lot of respect for how he played in the 2nd half of the season. I am going to go out on a different track and say that Robert Gallery is the most underrated player on our roster. I think most of the football community is well aware of the fact that Gallery has been a colossal disappointment since being the most highly regarded OT prospect since Boselli/Pace. What most probably don't know is Gallery turned into a solid LG last year. Since most ppl would still put "Robert Gallery" and "sucks" in the same sentence, that makes him the most underrated player on the team in my books.

I agree Robert Gallery was a Major Contributor in The Raiders run game last year.

yodabear
04-01-2008, 11:48 PM
We don't really have any cuz we all suck.

Flyboy
04-02-2008, 03:06 AM
Jahri Evans, Scott Fujita, Mike McKenzie & Mike Karney.

Bengalsrocket
04-02-2008, 04:19 AM
DeDe Dorsey for Cincinnati hands down. The dude is a beast. In 2007 he blocked a punt on special teams, he had 183 yards on 21 carries. Worst part is the team has him at 3rd string, when I think he could possibly start over rudi, and certainly should be ahead of kenny watson.

art vandelay
04-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Jabari Greer. Played really well last year when he was thrust into a starting role due to injuries.

Gchu83
04-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Texans

Offense: Eric Winston- 3rd round pick who became a full-time starter during his rookie year, should be a staple of our OL.

Defense: Fred Bennett- Another 3rd rounder who assume a starting role during his rookie year. Had a couple INTs during tha time, will be our CB for years to come.

Bobo
04-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Jabari Greer. Played really well last year when he was thrust into a starting role due to injuries.

Aw yeah, hometown boy. My buddy played ball with him, said he'd never seen anyone that fast and quick. He just wondered if Jabari was big enough....guess he is.

I followed him close at UT and watch him every time I see Buffalo. I know he only played nickle a lot, but he always looked solid out there when given a chance. I hope he stays a starter.

Burns336
04-02-2008, 11:01 PM
I would add Kevin Burnett.

I wanted to put him, but he doesn't see the field enough

asmitty45
04-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Probably Gerald Alexander, i guess. maybe corey smith.

They are all pretty bad.

lionsfan81
04-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Probably Gerald Alexander, i guess. maybe corey smith.

They are all pretty bad.

asmitty you gotta get ringer in the new jerseys. cmon now!! Lets forget about the JLS era

Brent
04-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Offense: Joe Staley or Eric Heitmann
Defense: Parys Haralson

Dr. Gonzo
04-03-2008, 01:00 AM
For the Vikings

Offense - Anthony Herrera

Nobody seems to know yet that Herrera is a great Guard.

Defense - Probably Cedric Griffin or E.J. Henderson.

Vikes99ej
04-03-2008, 01:08 AM
For the Vikings

Offense - Anthony Herrera

Nobody seems to know yet that Herrera is a great Guard.

Defense - Probably Cedric Griffin or E.J. Henderson.

um ya i do kthxbai

Dr. Gonzo
04-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Haha. You know what I mean. Non fans of the Vikings.

jjmt2500
04-03-2008, 01:12 AM
For the Texans i would say Owen Daniels, but he cant hold onto the ball after he catches it. So i would say Eric Winston or Kevin Walter.

Vikes99ej
04-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Haha. You know what I mean. Non fans of the Vikings.

http://www.orlyowl.com/oic.jpg

BlindSite
04-03-2008, 02:14 AM
Offense: Jordan Gross, he didn't allow one sack all last season, no one seemed to notice that.

Defense: Thomas Davis, he flies around the ball and is always in or around the action but never gets any recognition.

CC.SD
04-03-2008, 02:35 AM
Stephen Cooper, ILB. Merriman and Phillips get all the hype, but Cooper was the Chargers' leading tackler. He hits hard, he hits a lot, but is overshadowed big time.

On offense I'd probably say Kris Dielman, but then again he just got selected to the Pro Bowl. Philip Rivers maybe? He gets trashed nonstop but honestly he makes some beautiful throws and wins a whole lot of games. This last year he made some bizarre turnovers because a. he was in a new offensive scheme, and b. his protection broke down 5x faster than it did in 2006. Going into 2008, even coming off an injury, I'm expecting very big things.

Dam8610
04-03-2008, 02:58 AM
Most underrated player on the Colts? Has to be one of the LBs, I'm having a tough time deciding. It's definitely between Brackett and Keiaho though, Brackett because of his surprising athleticism and leadership skills, and Keiaho mainly because not many people know who he is, and I think he has the talent to make the Pro Bowl provided he can stay healthy.

Bobo
04-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Offense: Joe Staley or Eric Heitmann
Defense: Parys Haralson

How has Parys played? I only got to see a few 9ers games this year, and I think he was mostly a backup. Didn't really get to see him much. He was pretty good in college, smaller guy but had a good motor.

DaBears9654
04-03-2008, 10:42 AM
I personally think one candidate for the Bears is safety Brandon McGowan. He's one of the teams best ST tacklers and not so bad as a safety either.

AtariBigby
04-03-2008, 11:18 AM
GREG JENNINGS

the guy can take a simple short pass and score on any play.
he can get a half step on any CB, and turn it into a deep TD.

on defense, good calls previously on JOHNNY JOLLY & also my main man, ATARI BIGBY.

ChezPower4
04-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Scott Wells our center never gets props for the good job that he does week in and week out.

gdamac
04-03-2008, 01:55 PM
My Favorite underrated player on another team is DT Clifton Ryan, I love late round gems.

waazup
04-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Jahri Evans, Mike Mckenzie, Scott Fujita. Evans will be a Pro Bowl RG in the future.

Mr. Stiller
04-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Offense: Nate Washington
Defense: DeShea Townsend

EdReedUnstoppable
04-07-2008, 02:16 AM
Offense: Jason Brown
Defense: Kelly Gregg

terribletowel39
04-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Offense: Nate Washington
Defense: DeShea Townsend
care to explain....both really.

PoopSandwich
04-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Hmmmmm.

Probably anyone along the offensive line for us.

I'd go with Hank Fraley.

PoopSandwich
04-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Baltimore: Demetrius Williams & Troy Smith

Houston: Fred Bennett

How is Troy Smith underrated, what has he done in the NFL?

PoopSandwich
04-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Lawrence Vickers.

Cant believe i forgot Vickers, huge fan of his.

katnip
04-07-2008, 12:41 PM
David Harris and Kerry Rhodes.

Seanhawk
04-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Seahawks- not to more knowledgable fans but to fans of other teams, Leroy Hill and Bobby Engram.

MetSox17
04-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I haven't kept up with this thread so i don't know if it has been mentioned, but for the Cowboys, it's gotta be Jay Ratliff and Chris Canty.

TheGreatEscape
04-07-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm a huge fan of Kiwi's and with tuck's breakout season to go alongside Osi and strahan, who are top 5 DEs, he's the forgotten Ace in New York. I expect a huge year from him. And he's a guy almost without a ceiling as he's so quick and explosive while having great size at LB with long arms to beat OTs.

hugegmenfan
04-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm a huge fan of Kiwi's and with tuck's breakout season to go alongside Osi and strahan, who are top 5 DEs, he's the forgotten Ace in New York. I expect a huge year from him. And he's a guy almost without a ceiling as he's so quick and explosive while having great size at LB with long arms to beat OTs.

Well Kiwi really only played 1 season truthfully- i would say the most underrated player on our team is chris snee. he should be a pro bowler and he is not and is a fabulous guard.

NickCollins36
04-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Offense-Greg Jennings
Defense-Nick Barnett

LonghornsLegend
04-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Offense-Greg Jennings
Defense-Nick Barnett
I doubt that your arguably best players on both sides of the ball are very underrated, but thats just me.

regoob2
04-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Offense-Greg Jennings
Defense-Nick BarnettI love the way Barnett plays the game. He'll have a few pro bowls under his belt before he retires imo.

umphrey
04-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I put Jennings in the overrated category a lot.

I guess offensively I'll say Wells because he's been the only rock on the interior line for us and no one ever talks about him

Defensively I'll go with Ryan Pickett for the exact same reason.

lordquas
04-07-2008, 09:29 PM
http://pictopia.com/perl/get_image?provider_id=256&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=718014

TheGreatEscape
04-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Well Kiwi really only played 1 season truthfully- i would say the most underrated player on our team is chris snee. he should be a pro bowler and he is not and is a fabulous guard.

Kiwi isn't the most under-rated guy on our team but he is very under-rated.

SaintsMan
04-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Jahri Evans is a all pro RG in my book. The guy is a beast and no one knows who he is. Also, Mike McKenzie.

holt_bruce81
04-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Offense-Greg Jennings
Defense-Nick Barnett

I don't see how these guys are underrated.

Shiver
04-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Offense - Roddy White
Defense - Michael Boley

Both played at a pro-bowl level at their positions, but were overlooked for players with 'name' reputation. Those two were the only bright spots for the team last year.

holt_bruce81
04-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Offense - Roddy White
Defense - Michael Boley

Both played at a pro-bowl level at their positions, but were overlooked for players with 'name' reputation. Those two were the only bright spots for the team last year.

Imagine Roddy actually having a good Quarterback throwing him the ball.

ChezPower4
04-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Offense - Roddy White
Defense - Michael Boley

That happens every year, all teams have at least 2 or 3 players that could make the pro bowl but don't because they are not on ESPN and the NFL Network all time because that is the best way to get voted to the pro bowler.
If ESPN this guy is a Pro Bowler, then everyone just assumes that they are without really looking at how they play or whether or not they deserve to goto the Pro Bowl such as Terence Newmen, Marion Barber and Antione Bethea

tjpackers
04-15-2008, 10:59 AM
James Jones he is a great Wr and will replace Driver

Bills2083
04-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Fred Jackson is my choice.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/068r1YzcHfbXT/610x.jpg

amerker
04-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Dallas-Jay Ratliff

Flyboy
04-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Offense - Roddy White
Defense - Michael Boley

Colston deserved the Pro Bowl over White. kkthxbye

;)

dcarey20
04-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Jason Brown. Not many realize that he is one of the best young guards in the game right now.

vikesrock28
04-17-2008, 04:25 AM
Steve Hutchinson.

He's the best offensive lineman we have.

The only deserving pro bowler on that line for sure.

Birk isn't the same after injuries like hernias and stuff.

McKinnie is grossly overweight and gets burned by speed ends.

stl9erfan
04-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I would say Manny Lawson. A lot of people will look at his numbers and see that he doesn't yet look like the feared pass rusher the Niners hoped to get a couple of years ago, but he's become a great leader in the lockerroom (at least according to Nolan) and looked, before the injury last year, like he was on his way to being one of the best coverage LBs in the league. The defense also had a notably tougher time getting off the field after he was hurt.