PDA

View Full Version : Page/Pollard

vidae
03-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Since this forum is a little slow the last week or so, I decided to make -another- new topic. These names were brought up in another thread, so I thought I'd ask:

What do you think about Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard? Will they be starters for us for years to come? Can they develop into the kind of players we need at the position?

I'm very high on both of them and think given another off season/training camp to learn under Gunther and Herm they can be very good football players for us, and both be starters.

What're your thoughts on them?

Billingsley26
03-27-2008, 11:03 AM
I really like Jarrad Page. I think he can develop into something big for KC. As for Pollard, he is a tank, and I think he has potential to be pretty good player, especially helping out in the run. I dont know too much about his pass coverage skills, but I wouldn't be against giving them another year.

BPhilb
03-27-2008, 11:25 AM
I really like Jarrad Page. I think he can develop into something big for KC. As for Pollard, he is a tank, and I think he has potential to be pretty good player, especially helping out in the run. I dont know too much about his pass coverage skills, but I wouldn't be against giving them another year.

I agree. It seems that they lost some faith in Pollard last year, but I think he will get another chace to prove he can cover adequatley in the NFL. That said I do expect us to draft a safety this year to provide depth and possibly push these two for starting jobs.

bored of education
03-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Once they know that they are getting help up front and can do their jobs at safety they will only get better. Seems like they play with their weight going forward because they know the run is comming and feel as if they have to be a key factor in the run game rather than the cover 2's.

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
03-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I just hope Pollard doesn't develop into a Roy Williams type. But Page, he is a ball-hawk. But I would definitely give Pollard some more time. Especially for what he does on special teams.

villagewarrior
03-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Even if Page never records a tackle again, for where he was drafted he has to be considered an incredible success. However, as a 2nd round pick Pollard needs to put it together and put together several years of much higher and more consistent play to be considered a success. Yes, blocked punts and excellent special teams play is important and exciting, but you need to get much more out of your 2nd round pick then just that.

I do see a lot of potential in them and if they can continue to develop they will be a very good tandem back there.

KaneMarko
03-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Page, I really like at free safety. His tackling still needs to improve. But I like him as a coverage safety. Pollard, I think its best to keep him as an in-the-box safety. Id like to see the Chiefs get faster corners that can play more man and less cover 2 so you can keep Pollard closer to the LOS instead of deep down the field in coverage. But I still like Pollard. I still have hopes of him becoming that hard hitting enforcer in the secondary. But I feel hes best suited as an in the box safety.

Hermstheman83
04-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I guess I don't understand as "in the box safety" so he would only be used in the running game? I didn't think Pollard is very fast in terms of secondary, that's why he got burned a lot...

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
04-03-2008, 04:44 PM
If we would only use Pollard as an "in-the-box safety" then don't start him. It would do more harm than good, and would stop us from finding a more complete safety. 1st down boots and play-actions would kill us.