PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans for draft day?

OregonDucks
03-27-2008, 12:11 PM
I made this thread to see what everyone was doing on well I guess we can all call it 'Christmas'.

I plan on wakin up making a bunch of food, sitting by the T.V. drinking pop and just enjoying the amzing day. Lets here your plans!

scottyboy
03-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Well, the night before is junior prom and that next morning we've got a lacrosse game against a rival team we have a shot at beating. Hopefully I get back to see the whole thing on Saturday. It starts later like at 3 right?

I plan on taking a shower, getting the good seat, puttin on comfy clothes and eating chips and **** the whole time. I LOVE the draft

LonghornsLegend
03-27-2008, 12:26 PM
I always wake up like its xmas and im 12 years old all over again...We usually start drinking beer in the am, and stock up on snacks for the entire day...Always the best at someone's house, I dont want to watch the draft at the bar id be there all day...

The time change will be different so it will seem like its nothing going on in the morning.

Turtlepower
03-27-2008, 12:26 PM
You guys forgot that the draft will start Friday night this year.

WMD
03-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Well, I get to sleep in a little since it starts at 3 now.. I'll wake up, grab some water and pop or something.. jump in an AIM chat with the other NFLDC rapists.. and sit there and enjoy the draft.

WMD
03-27-2008, 12:31 PM
You guys forgot that the draft will start Friday night this year.

No it's not.. it starts Saturday at 3PM. They want to start doing it on Fridays, though. You lose.

BeerBaron
03-27-2008, 12:36 PM
well, im going to be at home that weekend from school because that friday is my pap's b-day and the families getting together to celebrate.

then ill be watching it over the next 2 days, pretty much non-stop. eating, chilling.....complaining.....

the only problem though is, and if any mods can help me out here it would be appreciated, my home IP address is banned on the boards for some reason. I found it out while i was home over spring break and have no idea why. I hadnt been home before that since around new years and it worked fine then. I dont recall doing anything ban worthy around then either....plus, after i left home, there wouldnt be anyone else there who would access the boards. (id be impressed if somehow my parents figured all of that out as computer illiterate as they are.....)

so if anyone knows why that may be, it would be really nice since i would like to be able to post here during the draft

Paul
03-27-2008, 12:40 PM
3pm? Well I'm a early morning guy, so I have to find something to do to kill time that Saturday. None of my other friends are really draft people, so any kind of draft party is pretty much out of the question. But maybe I can trick them into having a crawfish broil that day and just take the tv and remote hostage. That or I'll be at my house gorging on unhealthy snacks.

scottyboy
03-27-2008, 12:41 PM
well, im going to be at home that weekend from school because that friday is my pap's b-day and the families getting together to celebrate.

then ill be watching it over the next 2 days, pretty much non-stop. eating, chilling.....complaining.....

the only problem though is, and if any mods can help me out here it would be appreciated, my home IP address is banned on the boards for some reason. I found it out while i was home over spring break and have no idea why. I hadnt been home before that since around new years and it worked fine then. I dont recall doing anything ban worthy around then either....plus, after i left home, there wouldnt be anyone else there who would access the boards. (id be impressed if somehow my parents figured all of that out as computer illiterate as they are.....)

so if anyone knows why that may be, it would be really nice since i would like to be able to post here during the draft

talk to JBond or someone and see if they can clear that up.

But I'm not sure how much posting you'll be doing during the draft. The site moves so slow, i can't even think of a funny analogy for how slow it is.

Turtlepower
03-27-2008, 12:41 PM
No it's not.. it starts Saturday at 3PM. They want to start doing it on Fridays, though. You lose.

Dammit, I lost. Well I'm happy they are not doing Fridays, but sad that I lost.

Cashmoney
03-27-2008, 12:44 PM
I'll probably wake up around 10, get some snacks and drinks, play some video games, and then once the draft actually starts I'll probably sit around doing nothing but watching it for the rest of the day.

Giantsfan1080
03-27-2008, 12:47 PM
It kind of sucks that they took the 3rd round out of Saturday.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-27-2008, 12:47 PM
I wish they hadnt changed the time.It seemed perfect the way it was.oh well.
i'll probably just stay at home sit on the couch and eat snacks drink beer and hang out on IRC.

Turtlepower
03-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Being 3 hours behind, I'm happy they changed the time. Getting up at 9am sucked the past couple years.

scottyboy
03-27-2008, 12:50 PM
haha, at first I was pissed they moved the time back and cut out round 3, but when I found out I had a game at 10(and have to watch JV's at 11:45) I wish ecstatic!

but gf1080, I agree, I still wish they didn't cut round 3 out of day 1.

What time does day 2 start on Sunday? 12?

JagHombre22
03-27-2008, 12:52 PM
I have to work that night...but during the day I'll be home watching it on my big screen with some buddies...

I_C_DeadPeople
03-27-2008, 12:53 PM
My sister had the NERVE to book her wedding on the 26th late afternoon....some people...

cdub11
03-27-2008, 12:53 PM
im going to have some buddies over with a fridge full of beer and lots of food and not leave the house all day!

cdub11
03-27-2008, 12:54 PM
My sister had the NERVE to book her wedding on the 26th late afternoon....some people...

i feel your pain, my sister had her wedding on draft day last year, was able to see the first 3 picks before i had to leave

Paul
03-27-2008, 12:56 PM
haha, at first I was pissed they moved the time back and cut out round 3, but when I found out I had a game at 10(and have to watch JV's at 11:45) I wish ecstatic!

but gf1080, I agree, I still wish they didn't cut round 3 out of day 1.

What time does day 2 start on Sunday? 12?

2nd day will start at 10am.

I_C_DeadPeople
03-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Thank goodness for PVR's - guess I will be watching it all night to catch up.

swollja
03-27-2008, 01:03 PM
2 tv set up next to one another, me and my roomate playing ncaa while the draft is on in the background

M.O.T.H.
03-27-2008, 01:43 PM
I'll try to sleep in and wake up wayyyyyy too early, I'm sure.

It's Me Snitches
03-27-2008, 01:54 PM

I would skip my sister's wedding...

SimonRath
03-27-2008, 02:00 PM
im gonna sit at home and eat during the draft
then after i'll prob go play basketball or golf

OregonDucks
03-27-2008, 02:07 PM
I am just glad that I am on the west coast, meaning it starts at noon here. So I will not be able to sleep the night before like its christmas eve. Then I will wake up at 7 to go to IHOP like I do every draft day, get a 5 stack of pancakes. Run to teh store get grub and beer. And like someone said my friends dont like the nfl draft, so I will be watching by myself which will be chill. Im sure my dad will come over and watch it tho. Just cannot wait!

Staubach12
03-27-2008, 02:09 PM

Get someone to text you the picks. That's what I would do.

Anyway, my plan is to just wake up, maybe have my girlfriend over that morning, watch the draft with her (probably explaining everything going on).

BigBlueCrew56
03-27-2008, 02:12 PM
I am going to be absolutely hammered in front of my T.V. I am actually going to be glued to my T.V. The NFL Draft is like the super bowl for me. No different. I actually get more hyped up over the NFL Draft. My entire Saturday is dedicated solely to watching the Draft. It is by far one of my most favorite days besides X-Mas and my birthday.

BigBlueCrew56
03-27-2008, 02:13 PM

Anyway, my plan is to just wake up, maybe have my girlfriend over that morning, watch the draft with her (probably explaining everything going on).

I live with my girlfriend and I have to pretty much do the same thing. I explain to her everything that is going on. She in return serves me beer and snacks upon request.

terribletowel39
03-27-2008, 02:19 PM

yep, i moved during the draft last year and i had mikehop from here text me each pick in the first and then just the steelers the rest of the time. i need to go + rep him for that.

RaiderNation
03-27-2008, 02:21 PM
watch the raiders 4th overall pick then go back to sleep for another hour or 2

Bills2083
03-27-2008, 02:22 PM
The past two years, I've had baseball practice, and missed the first 7 or-so picks.
Hopefully that doesnt happen this year...

BeerBaron
03-27-2008, 02:35 PM
talk to JBond or someone and see if they can clear that up.

But I'm not sure how much posting you'll be doing during the draft. The site moves so slow, i can't even think of a funny analogy for how slow it is.

ah, thanks. bf_51 had said something about contacting ward when i first got back from home after i found it out but i didnt get a response.

sucks that the board is slow though....if i can at least knife in to complain about the bears pick ill settle for that. shows how much confidence i have in them, lol

bored of education
03-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Like I detailed last year. I usually make some wings order a calzone for the 1st day. This year's 1st day. I have my Chiefs big board and my mock draft on hand just to see how things are going. Lock my door turn off my celly. Its all about the draft day. I usually go into the draft with a mock 4th rounder. I usually have about 2-3 trades in there. But I like to see my percentages.

This year Im ******, I have no idea where to start mock draft wise

etk
03-27-2008, 03:28 PM
I'll probably wake up early, post on here, work out, come back and post, and then it's gametime.

Yeah boe, I'm gonna make at least a 4 rounder for amusement on draft day. For the Bucs I just like to print out a huge board from Scott or another site and highlight all the players I like for the Bucs, crossing them off as they get picked. It makes it really easy to get angry when things don't go my way. Then I print out another copy for the whole draft just to get a sense of who's available at each pick (lol Ted Ginn Jr.).

I only have one friend with any sort of interest in the draft, so I'll probably watch it with him at my house as per usual. KFC and snacks, but no beer because I like being sober during sporting events.

Also of note...this will be my first year with PVR so I can rewind and pause on the 2nd day when they skip by picks and trades really fast on the NFLN. That should be helpful.

ChezPower4
03-27-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm gonna wake up go out and get some beer, chips and dip. Wake up my brother(who is a lions fan) and again this year he will probably cry haha because his team can not draft. anyway we will bet on every pick and hopefuly i will take all his money haha.

Brent
03-27-2008, 03:35 PM
drinking pop
What the hell is "pop"? Silly Oregonians, it's soda. Seriously though, I'll probably just watch with my roommate as we laugh at whatever team(s) makes the most ridiculous pick(s).

kwilk103
03-27-2008, 03:38 PM
What the hell is "pop"? Silly Oregonians, it's soda. Seriously though, I'll probably just watch with my roommate as we laugh at whatever team(s) makes the most ridiculous pick(s).

its def pop (from pittsburgh)

i'll prob come home for the weekend, so my cousins gf doesnt b*tch the whole time; and my parents will make all kinds of food and order pizza

terribletowel39
03-27-2008, 03:43 PM

its def pop (from pittsburgh)

i'll prob come home for the weekend, so my cousins gf doesnt b*tch the whole time; and my parents will make all kinds of food and order pizza
you both are wrong. its coke.

bored of education
03-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I have no life in other words

TheBuffaloBills
03-27-2008, 04:21 PM
I have work from 8-5pm. My job is to scrub toilets and mop floors at the drycleaners. However I have to my boss many times that I would perfer to work a 10 hour day on christmas than to work and miss the first round. Hopefully he pulls through and gives me the nod to leave at 2:30. If I am not out by 2:50. I am just going to leave and get fired.

The one thing I do suggest is dont let any of your friends over that dont care about the draft/football. It will be the biggest mistake. I guarentee that they will say "Lets do something else..... your probably one of 100 people watching this." Or "Wow..... You know everybody's name, get a life" Everybody that doesnt like the draft will be pulling their hair out by the 10th pick and will just frustarate you.

Thunder&Lightning
03-27-2008, 04:57 PM
as of now i am going with a bunch of my friends...pretty pumped

indyfan1985
03-27-2008, 06:59 PM
I will probably try and get some guys together to play some cards in between picks. Im sure we'll have plenty of food too. I have awhile to wait before my team's first pick anyways. But it will be interesting to see what happens round 1 and with the Titans.

DI
03-27-2008, 07:02 PM
I myself will be going as well. Should be a good time

the_legend_killer
03-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Same as always, get together with my friends, make a bitchin' breakfast, followed by draft watchin' and eating junk food. Booyah!

I_C_DeadPeople
03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
I would skip my sister's wedding...

Problem is, I am a Bengals fan..draft day tends to be more confusing than fun...

Diehard
03-27-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm going to fire up the BBQ in the morning and prepare a few racks of back ribs KC style. Let them slow cook until lunchtime... which is also gametime in my part of the world.

A steady diet of dark rum & coke to get me through the day. Beer for the visitors. Shots of bourbon are good for killing the pain when things get ugly (our local Fins fan made good use of that last year).

The only trick is getting the wife and little one to play along. I'm working on them to go visit Nana & Grampa that weekend... looks good so far, but I'm not out of the woods yet.

reigle9
03-28-2008, 06:53 AM
I hoping my friend has his 48" plasma by then so I'll be taking a few changes of pants and a whole lot booze. I'll most likely still be drunk from the night before when I wake up so I'll start drinking again and be hammered before Goodell even walks to the podium. With any luck, it'll be a nice day to toss around the football between picks.

therock6000
03-28-2008, 07:36 AM
wake up, work out, curse self for having lame friends, fire up grill, crack open brew, watch first few picks, more brew, few more picks, watch pam and tommy's "vacation" video between picks...feel vastly inferior, hair gel Kiper style, mo brew, watch Jerry draft linebacker, where da brew, watch jerry draft another linebacker, re-enact the entire "Trapped in the Closet" episode of South Park, staple head to carpet, 2nd round...WOO HOO, offer wife million bucks to obtain more dranks, start to tear up because i miss tagliabue, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

OregonDucks
03-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Sounds good so far, man we are getting so close to draft day. Keep em coming.

needled24_7
03-31-2008, 02:30 PM
drunken party at my friends house! seriously, last draft day we had leftover caribou lou from the night before. it was sick.

azbmxican
03-31-2008, 02:33 PM
get drunk friday night at a party, and the next morning be at the Cardinals stadium drunk again watching who we pick! ohh and heckling any idiot wearing a jersey that is not AZCARDS.

naruto613
03-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Going to a Yankees vs. Indians Baseball game the night before, then sleeping in late, then waking up and chillin with some friends. Gonna be insane.