PDA

View Full Version : Titans OG Benji Olson retires...

AllanO444
03-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Titans guard Benji Olson, a mainstay of the offensive line the past 10 seasons, announced his retirement from the NFL during a press conference at Baptist Sports Park today.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080327/SPORTS01/80327024/1027

He has been a great player for a long time and the Titans will surely miss him.

neko4
03-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Should OG be added to the draft needs list?
Sorry to see him go

AllanO444
03-27-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't think this will affect the Titans draft approach. That was expected. The Titans lost Jacob Bell earlier this offseason and signed Jake Scott from the Colts who is a good OG. Scott will most likely play RG and the Titans have 3 very capable youngsters to play LG. It will most likely be Eugene Amano who played a lot last year due to the injuries of Olson, Mawae, and Bell at some point and played really well. Daniel Loper and Leroy Harris could also fight for that spot but Amano is very capable of starting.

Sveen
03-27-2008, 02:48 PM
I've also heard that Amamo is likely to replace Olson which was expected to retire.

Cashmoney
03-27-2008, 05:30 PM
We have 3 viable options at guard so the highest pick I see us using on an OG is a 5th rounder.

21ST
03-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Eugene Amano shouted out my high school on national tv

Bobo
03-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Benji was a good player. He has looked a little slower recently, maybe a part of age and his back problems. But if his back wasn't so bad, he could maybe play a few more years.

We could possibly see an upgrade though with one of the younger guys. I'm hoping for a good camp/preseason battle. I think they may draft a late round guy. Could even go with an OT since Loper (the backup OT) looked good at OG. They drafted Mike Otto last year.....maybe he has a shot at the roster.

Eugene Amano shouted out my high school on national tv

I like the guy. So that at least makes two of us ;)