PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon Moreno?

jetsfan0099
03-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Where do you guys think he will be draft at?? 1st rounder?? 2nd rounder?? I played against him in HS, well actually I played him in a scrimmage, I was a Sophmore then and he was a Senior, I actually tackled him once! But is he a good RB prospect?? He looked nasty this year for Georgia.

sodar21
03-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Doesn't have great size or speed but runs hard.

TheChandlerFlash
03-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Whether he comes out this year or next he will be argued as the best back. Will probably run in the 4.5 range but that doesn't matter cause he's a great football player.

BaLLiN
03-27-2008, 07:41 PM
well i doubt he comes out as a RS Soph, but probably a 1-2 rounder, doesnt have great size but really plays bigger and with alot of tenacity.

Which highschool did you play for? My brother played a game or two against him at least 3 or 4 years ago i remember, now my brother is a converted Georgia fan whenever they are playing.

03-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Without question a first round talent as of right now but I gotta see him do it one more year. Beanie Wells will give him a good run for his money for top back though.

bspen4
03-27-2008, 07:44 PM
There could be several RS-Sophomores coming out next year. Moreno, Michael Crabtree and possibly Sam Bradford

03-27-2008, 07:45 PM
There could be several RS-Sophomores coming out next year. Moreno, Michael Crabtree and possibly Sam Bradford

RS sophomore QBs rarely come out. I could certainly see the first two delcare.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-27-2008, 07:45 PM
If Cadillac Williams can go top 5, Knowshon Moreno can at least go in the first round. There's a whole lot to like there, but all we can do is wait and see how his college career develops.

art vandelay
03-27-2008, 07:46 PM
I think he is very comparable to Tashard Choice, but obviously better. Doesn't have great size, speed or even pad level but runs very hard and tenaciously and makes pretty good cuts and has good vision. He is also more elusive than Choice. I think he won't come out for 2 more years, IMO.

keylime_5
Without question a first round talent as of right now but I gotta see him do it one more year. Beanie Wells will give him a good run for his money for top back though.

Uh, Beanie is far and away the top back in next year's draft and there's not even a clear cut #2 to try and attempt to argue that one, he's a top 10 mortal lock. Knowshon should be a mid first round pick at least though next year, I really like to watch him run.

FA1
Reminds me of Cadillac... that's good and bad. The bad being that with his limited size and fierce running style, I worry about injuries.

FA1
03-27-2008, 07:47 PM
RS sophomore QBs rarely come out. I could certainly see the first two delcare.

I do believe Ryan Leaf was a R-So... that worked out pretty well, right? Right?? Oh...

DawgBone
03-27-2008, 07:51 PM
He reminds me of Steve Slaton from 2 years ago.

He will never have the size or power to be an everydown back in the NFL, but you never know.

03-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Uh, Beanie is far and away the top back in next year's draft and there's not even a clear cut #2 to try and attempt to argue that one, he's a top 10 mortal lock. Knowshon should be a mid first round pick at least though next year, I really like to watch him run.

Yes, I'm not debating that Beanie is the top back but the gap between the two is a lot closer than you probably think.

DawgBone
03-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Yes, I'm not debating that Beanie is the top back but the gap between the two is a lot closer than you probably think.

When it comes to the NFL, the gap is actually pretty large. Maybe not so in college.

bspen4
03-27-2008, 08:00 PM
I do believe Ryan Leaf was a R-So... that worked out pretty well, right? Right?? Oh...

But depending on how things turn out next year Bradford could be a 1st round pick. He will be one of the top QB's in college next yeat if not the best and is as old as Stafford and Tebow who most people see declaring so what's the difference?

TACKLE
03-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Everytime I watch him, he always reminds me of Clinton Portis.

03-27-2008, 08:02 PM
When it comes to the NFL, the gap is actually pretty large. Maybe not so in college.

I like the intangibles Knowshon brings to the table as well but like I said before I gotta see him do it again one more year.

Bosanac01
03-27-2008, 08:02 PM
I like Moreno, the guy is fun to watch.

BuddyCHRIST
03-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Why are people knocking Moreno's size? He's like 5'11" 210 and can put on more weight. His build looks alot like LT to me. He looks like a 4.45 guy to me and plays even faster with amazing acceleration. Not to mention he runs with great power and attitude. Looks like a great RB prospect to me.

DawgBone
03-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Why are people knocking Moreno's size? He's like 5'11" 210 and can put on more weight. His build looks alot like LT to me. He looks like a 4.45 guy to me and plays even faster with amazing acceleration. Not to mention he runs with great power and attitude. Looks like a great RB prospect to me.

Until the combine when he weights in at 5'9 195. LOL I never trust college RB listings.

neko4
03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
He's got atleast a year to put on weight
if he does as a good this year as he did last then i dont see how you cant call him a first. Any RB that plays that well in the SEC is worth a first to me.

Anybody think he's like Clinton Portis
Similar size. Plays tough.

keylime_5
03-27-2008, 08:44 PM
I see your point, but people overbill the SEC in this respect I see all the time. The Southeastern conference is certainly the deepest conference and all and their defenses are great (nfl personnel as a testement), but the SEC is not by any means the run defense power of the nation. Teams can run on one another in the SEC, that speed or rather lack of girth up the middle of the defenses doesn't help that. That's why we always have a bunch of 1000 yard backs in that conference and that's why Wisconsin and Ohio State and Michigan and Penn State always run so well on the SEC teams in the bowl games. But that's a different topic for a different thread...

...Knowshon really exploded in terms of production the last half of 2007, I'd like to see him do it again and stay healthy another full year before glorifying him as a prospect anymore than we already do. I think he easily could be a 5-11/220/4.5 guy and a top 20 pick. He's a lot like Portis but not as fast.

LonghornsLegend
03-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Whether he comes out this year or next he will be argued as the best back. Will probably run in the 4.5 range but that doesn't matter cause he's a great football player.

Everyone says that now, but when he starts to get put under a microscope and he runs a 4.5 everyone will complain about how he doesnt have any explosiveness, thats why Kevin Smith runs right now and thats the verdict out on him.

keylime_5
03-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Everyone says that now, but when he starts to get put under a microscope and he runs a 4.5 everyone will complain about how he doesnt have any explosiveness, thats why Kevin Smith runs right now and thats the verdict out on him.

Which is why gametape is about 1000x more important than forty time, and Knowshon looks like a top 20 pick on tape, Smith looks like a 2nd rounder even though he did have like 2100 yards against the mighty conference usa.

JDB7821
03-27-2008, 11:36 PM
I can't believe no body has mentioned a Marion Barber comparison. I've seen nearly all of his games and that's exactly who he runs like.

neko4
03-27-2008, 11:47 PM
I see your point, but people overbill the SEC in this respect I see all the time. The Southeastern conference is certainly the deepest conference and all and their defenses are great (nfl personnel as a testement), but the SEC is not by any means the run defense power of the nation. Teams can run on one another in the SEC, that speed or rather lack of girth up the middle of the defenses doesn't help that. That's why we always have a bunch of 1000 yard backs in that conference and that's why Wisconsin and Ohio State and Michigan and Penn State always run so well on the SEC teams in the bowl games. But that's a different topic for a different thread...

...Knowshon really exploded in terms of production the last half of 2007, I'd like to see him do it again and stay healthy another full year before glorifying him as a prospect anymore than we already do. I think he easily could be a 5-11/220/4.5 guy and a top 20 pick. He's a lot like Portis but not as fast.

Yeah, as much I support the SEC, a Big Ten run defense is usually better.

bernbabybern820
03-28-2008, 08:05 AM
The thing is that Moreno's production will keep on rising since over half their o-line were freshmen or sophomores.

georgiafan
03-28-2008, 08:14 AM
The thing is that Moreno's production will keep on rising since over half their o-line were freshmen or sophomores.

Your right the LT and LG were both freshman last year and thats the side that he ran behind the most. He stats may not go up alot because Richt likes to split carries and Caleb King is coming on strong. Timed speed could potential hurt him as I don't think he is a 4.3 guy. He is also not a huge college football fan so my guess is he could leave if he knows he will be picked high enough next year.

Giantsfan1080
03-28-2008, 08:44 AM
well i doubt he comes out as a RS Soph, but probably a 1-2 rounder, doesnt have great size but really plays bigger and with alot of tenacity.

Which highschool did you play for? My brother played a game or two against him at least 3 or 4 years ago i remember, now my brother is a converted Georgia fan whenever they are playing.

I believe he played for Middletown South.

Solomon
03-28-2008, 12:43 PM
His UGA pedigree, size, slashing style and non stop energy reminds me of Garrison Hearst. Everybody who criticizes McFadden for stopping his legs when he hits contact must love Moreno, that guy's legs are always pumping.

bitonti
03-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Moreno is a GREAT prospect

however next time you all are watching UGA

take note of how many big runs occur behind Trindon Sturdvidant. That guy is a beast. He's opening up mack truck sized holes on the left side.

Not to say Moreno is bad - far from it - but i am saying he's getting help from the stud LT.

asmitty45
03-28-2008, 02:51 PM
I like him a lot but im worried he might hurt himself bcuz he runs so hard. I do think he's gonna be a good pro though for some reason, im not sure why, he reminds me of caddilac at auburn IMO

AtariBigby
03-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Everytime I watch him, he always reminds me of Clinton Portis.

Me too Canuck, Portis when he still had fresh legs with burst. Now Portis is slow, always banged up.

Cigaro
03-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Unless he leaves this year, he'll be the number one running back of his class. I know many here knock his speed, but he's plenty fast. I don't know what his timed speed is, but on the field he's one of the fastest players. He can juke, spin, cut, and at the same time, is one of the most physical backs in the SEC. He's a star in the making.

SKim172
03-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Unless he leaves this year, he'll be the number one running back of his class.

DeMarco Murray, LeSean McCoy, Joe McKnight, Noel Devine ... there's some promising guys in the 2011 class.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-30-2008, 09:00 PM
DeMarco Murray, LeSean McCoy, Joe McKnight, Noel Devine ... there's some promising guys in the 2011 class.

He'd be a 4th year junior in the season prior to the 2010 draft, so that would probably be his draft class.

SKim172
03-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Thought about that, but I didn't want to try to assume what players might declare early 2 years from now. Who knows, Moreno might end up having a bad month in October 2009, which leads to UGA playing Southern Mississippi in the BCS Disney-World Bowl and because of the turf, he gets a bad sprain, which leads to UGA failing to get the plus-one bid, so he decides to stay in school, because, honestly, that junior tailback from U of Albany just ran for 5000 yards in a season and is a definite lock for the first pick and none of the other NFL teams have any need of a running back, ever since the 2009 player's strike reduced the league to six teams and they all employ a purely passing offense, especially with the advent of the "defense gets a five-second headstart" rule.

jetsfan0099
03-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Until the combine when he weights in at 5'9 195. LOL I never trust college RB listings.

Hes got to be more then 5'9, he looked pretty tall when I was close to him, close to 6'0 without a doubt, probably 5'11. I was 5'9 then and he was taller then me.

jetsfan0099
03-30-2008, 09:19 PM
I believe he played for Middletown South.

Yea he did play for Middle Town South, he won like 3 State Championships with them. They were like the top team in NJ every year he was there.

JT Jag
03-31-2008, 12:30 AM
I think that Moreno will ultimately end up listed as a 5'10 205-pound back, and he'll run about a 4.48.

That's just fine.