PDA

View Full Version : Draftguys TV Profiles Thomas Brown, RB, Georgia

Sigmund Bloom
03-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey everyone, Scott has been kind enough to allow me to start some threads to discuss the 45 players we profiled on draftguys TV. The Shrine Game and Texas VS The Nation allowed us to film the practices, and a top strength and conditioning coach, Travelle Gaines, allowed us to tape his workouts with draft prospects. We also got the great Russ Lande, former Rams and Browns scout and current Sporting News War Room draft guru, to give us his takes on some of the players.

We'll also be presenting 6 special episodes with insider perspectives on training and scouting.

Today's first episode is about Thomas Brown, RB, Georgia:

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---thomas-brown---rb?autoplay=true

Brown is not getting the hoopla he deserves because of how deep this RB class is. He might not be able to hang physically as a feature back, but he is underrated between the tackles and proved himself in the SEC. Brown is very strong for a more compact back and should be able to be a productive role playing back who could do fine in a spot start here and there - we also love Justin Forsett and think he'll have the same kind of career.

neko4
03-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks
I always am looking for footage of players
nice analysis too
I dont know if Brown can ever stay healty.
ZBS Back?

03-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I have to say I came out impressed. Nice work.

Sigmund Bloom
03-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words. We cover a lot of the best sleepers in this year's class - Josh Johnson, Dexter Jackson, Xavier Omon, Antwaun Molden...

Looking forward to talking draft about these guys with this great community.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-27-2008, 10:02 PM
I watched the special on Omon a week or so back, and I was pleased with it. I really like the kid's chances in the NFL, and I don't hear his name mentioned nearly enough.

art vandelay
03-28-2008, 07:35 AM
These are really good, thanks for all of your hard work. I loved your spot on Chevis Jackson. As you can tell from my signature, I'm a huge fan. I really hope that the Bills can get him in the 3rd. He would be absolutely perfect for their defense. Keep up the good work.

AaronGrayisKing
03-28-2008, 07:58 AM
I think that these videos your making are excellent!!!

Keep up the good work.

What about adding game footage?

Sigmund Bloom
03-28-2008, 08:05 AM
These are really good, thanks for all of your hard work. I loved your spot on Chevis Jackson. As you can tell from my signature, I'm a huge fan. I really hope that the Bills can get him in the 3rd. He would be absolutely perfect for their defense. Keep up the good work.

Thanks AV

Chevis also interviews Stevie Johnson in his episode, which I will post soon, and he's interviews us in a special episode. He's a great kid -- we already offered to produce "the Chevis Jackson show" anytime he's ready - we also talked to him after LSU's pro day this week on our podcast. We are definitely pulling for him.

Sigmund Bloom
03-28-2008, 08:07 AM
I think that these videos your making are excellent!!!

Keep up the good work.

What about adding game footage?

The networks that broadcast the games own the game footage, and we just can't afford to buy that -- yet. If this show gets solid ratings online and elsewhere (I believe its on Time Warner on Demand in some markets and may get distributed through some other channels) then hopefully we can get more ambitious about what we include next year.

Cunningham
03-28-2008, 09:06 AM
really good job on all those vids, im keepin my eye on joe mays

Iamcanadian
03-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Thomas Brown is a very decent sleeper but unfortunately, he hasn't been able to stay healthy for quite some time, and if you cannot stay healthy playing against college players, then what are your chances against the bigger, tougher, faster and more talented NFL players. That's why he is at best a longshot to succeed.

georgiafan
03-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Something nobody has talked about is that he was the gunner on special teams. He also took 21 hours of classes (12 full time) during the football year to get ready for the combine and the draft. This was also the first year since he tore his ACL which is stronger the 2nd year.

art vandelay
03-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks AV

Chevis also interviews Stevie Johnson in his episode, which I will post soon, and he's interviews us in a special episode. He's a great kid -- we already offered to produce "the Chevis Jackson show" anytime he's ready - we also talked to him after LSU's pro day this week on our podcast. We are definitely pulling for him.

Sounds good, I'll have to check that out. Chevis does seem like a great kid. I worry though because reportedly the Patriots are falling in love with him. I think he would really succeed there and shut down Bills recievers twice a year (not that that is hard to do).

Geo
03-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Nice work on these, they have been quite enjoyable. Thanks.

Really glad to see Auburn DT Josh Thompson getting some love, among other players like Thomas Brown who I'm also a fan of and think will make for an excellent mid/late-round pick.