PDA

View Full Version : Chad Jones

foozball
03-28-2008, 01:06 PM
I know he's just a freshman last year, but seeing as how he is actually the "ali highsmith" that ran down mcfadden in mayock's tape, how fast do you think he can run at the combine? the kid is 6'2 220lbs and was scraping mcfadden's jersey with his fingertips from behind...rated the #1 safety out of highschool, could he be the next sean taylor? or is he the next kenny phillips...

YAYareaRB
03-28-2008, 01:32 PM
I think he has the potential to be one of the best safety prospects in a long time. Better than Landry and Phillips. I'm not sure how fast he'd run but he's pretty fast. But judging from the games I watched I think he could clock in around the low 4.5s to mid 4.5s. I think he is 6'3" 220 lbs which is ideal size for a safety. I chose him to breakout out next season.

terribletowel39
03-28-2008, 01:53 PM
No he has to be faster than that. He caught up to McFadden like McFadden was walking. And only didn't make the tackle because he got blocked out. Low 4.4's maybe breaking into 4.3s especially with the training these guys put in before the combine. I believe he is the 2nd fastest player on the LSU squad. Holiday obviously being the first.

metafour
03-28-2008, 02:02 PM
No he has to be faster than that. He caught up to McFadden like McFadden was walking. And only didn't make the tackle because he got blocked out. Low 4.4's maybe breaking into 4.3s especially with the training these guys put in before the combine. I believe he is the 2nd fastest player on the LSU squad. Holiday obviously being the first.

Watch the highlight again. McFadden quite blatantly started slowing down on purpose because he thought he was gone. Chad Jones is very athletic, but if you think McFadden was running full speed you are very mistaken. If McFadden didn't give up Jones wouldn't have come even close to "catching" him. It was just a bad decision on McFadden's part, he thought he was alone and thus could coast into the endzone.

terribletowel39
03-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Well then thats another knock on McFadden if true. He had like 40-50 yards still to run. who starts slowing down with that much room to run still. And even if McFadden did start slowing up a bit, Jones catches up to him like they were magnets. He is still is hella fast and i'm still sticking with the low 4.4s maybe even breaks into the 4.3s