PDA

View Full Version : Mayo was in detroit visiting

detroit4life
03-28-2008, 01:32 PM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/03/mayo_would_likely_start_out_at.html

looks like we are seriously looking at mayo. I also love that we are expected to take harvey if hes there

Scotty D
03-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Awesome. Wonderful news. Good article.

Xiomera
03-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Too bad we won't be in good position to take him. He will surely fall between our first and second picks.

MicJay
03-28-2008, 02:10 PM
It mentions in the article that they may use one of their third round picks along with the second to trade back up into the first to grab Mayo.

asmitty45
03-28-2008, 02:52 PM
I want him so badly, although i think buster davis still has a chance to be a decent pro.

Harvey and Mayo would be a nice 1-2 1st round combo

Scotty D
03-28-2008, 02:54 PM
I want him so badly, although i think buster davis still has a chance to be a decent pro.

Harvey and Mayo would be a nice 1-2 1st round combo

Amazing combo. I would give up a lot of our draft to make that happen.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
03-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Trade up into the early 2nd round for Mayo.

Our Round 2 pick, Round 4 pick and Round 5 pick gives us enough points to do this.

Or Round 2 and Round 3 pick from Cleveland.

Obviously option 1 is much better because Round 4 and Round 5 is like giving up AJ Davis and Johnny Baldwin. Millen has moved around fairly well in the past(about the only thing he does well on draft day). Mayo at Strong Side until he learns enought to play MLB sounds like a good plan to me.

asmitty45
03-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Trade up into the early 2nd round for Mayo.

Our Round 2 pick, Round 4 pick and Round 5 pick gives us enough points to do this.

Or Round 2 and Round 3 pick from Cleveland.

Obviously option 1 is much better because Round 4 and Round 5 is like giving up AJ Davis and Johnny Baldwin. Millen has moved around fairly well in the past(about the only thing he does well on draft day). Mayo at Strong Side until he learns enought to play MLB sounds like a good plan to me.

Option 1 sounds great, i dont wanna give up too many early picks, and if we have to we can move both of those 3rds and get back into the second if there's someone we really like.

I expect a few trades like last year.

WMD
03-28-2008, 04:01 PM
I want Mayo.. but I wouldn't use any of our 3rd Rounders to trade up for him.

DoWnThEfiElD
03-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Ya I see alot of mocks that have us taking him, and I would be really suprised to see him there for us. Maybe we could even trade down a few spots in round 1 and get Branden Albert, and possibly accumulate a few picks to trade up in round 2, without losing too many we currently have.

wingboy2999
03-29-2008, 12:33 AM
I love me some trading down and getting more picks scenarios. We don't even know if Harvey is gonna be there for us so we shouldn't get our hopes up for him atleast.

WMD
03-29-2008, 05:22 AM
I love me some trading down and getting more picks scenarios. We don't even know if Harvey is gonna be there for us so we shouldn't get our hopes up for him atleast.

Hmm yeah, interesting.. maybe Mendenhall is there at 15.. and we trade down with someone that wants him, and then we take Mayo later in Round 1 and address OL/DE/RB with the extra picks.

Addict
03-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Hmm yeah, interesting.. maybe Mendenhall is there at 15.. and we trade down with someone that wants him, and then we take Mayo later in Round 1 and address OL/DE/RB with the extra picks.

I love Mendenhall, but DE/ILB would fix up our defense good.

Who will we select as RB in that scenario? Smith? Rice? Slaton?

ESimsfan87
03-29-2008, 11:47 AM
I love Mendenhall, but DE/ILB would fix up our defense good.

Who will we select as RB in that scenario? Smith? Rice? Slaton?

I haven't seen him play nor do really know much about him but I think the runningback we would target past the first round is Tulane's Matt Forte.

He fits the description of rod's "pounding the rock" as well as Coletto's running enforced offense.

Addict
03-29-2008, 12:28 PM
I haven't seen him play nor do really know much about him but I think the runningback we would target past the first round is Tulane's Matt Forte.

He fits the description of rod's "pounding the rock" as well as Coletto's running enforced offense.

Isn't Forté looked at mainly as a fullback?

Prowler
03-29-2008, 12:35 PM
everytime i see mayo i keep wondering why the heck the pistons would pick oj mayo up. but he would be a great addition, its better to have the younger agile al wilson than the broken neck version.

Addict
03-29-2008, 12:49 PM
everytime i see mayo i keep wondering why the heck the pistons would pick oj mayo up. but he would be a great addition, its better to have the younger agile al wilson than the broken neck version.

Yeah this move makes total sense for the Red Wings.

detroit4life
03-29-2008, 01:27 PM

seriously what did u just say?

Addict
03-29-2008, 01:27 PM
seriously what did u just say?

you're as confused as I am

BroadwayJoe10
03-29-2008, 01:36 PM

I feel like i just watched a pauly shore movie; kinda confused and speechless. You got the same sport with oj mayo and the pistons so i figured you just got the thread wrong, but than speaking of ILBs you mention al wilson and is just a complete curveball.

Regardless, if you guys were able to nab mayo and harvey that would be quite the coup. I'm still very eager to see the development of Ikaika Alama Francis, if he matures like I think his potential warrants, he could be a very nice compliment opposite of harvey.

Addict
03-29-2008, 02:01 PM
I feel like i just watched a pauly shore movie; kinda confused and speechless. You got the same sport with oj mayo and the pistons so i figured you just got the thread wrong, but than speaking of ILBs you mention al wilson and is just a complete curveball.

Regardless, if you guys were able to nab mayo and harvey that would be quite the coup. I'm still very eager to see the development of Ikaika Alama Francis, if he matures like I think his potential warrants, he could be a very nice compliment opposite of harvey.

The thing is Millen and Marinelli both need succes ASAP, and RB is a position with a short learning curve, so they'll probably go RB early.

Also, I can't see Millen making back-to-back defensive selections.

wingboy2999
03-29-2008, 04:24 PM

Post of the year... will never be topped.

Addict
03-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Post of the year... will never be topped.

I agree, the only guy who causes more confusion is A Perfect Score when he's drunk.

WMD
03-29-2008, 08:42 PM
I understood that post clearly. I don't know what you guys are smoking.

BamaFalcon59
03-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Isn't Forté looked at mainly as a fullback?

No, just by Scott. He is 6'1" 215-220 and played runningback in college, but passblocked well. He also ran under a 4.50 (4.46 says NFLDraftCountdown). Then add in the productivity. He will be a runningback.

Prowler
03-29-2008, 09:14 PM
everytime i see mayo (his name on this board) i think of oj mayo who happens to play basketball and is way more famous than his football counterpart. pistons are set in the backcourt with billups/rip/stuckey/afflalo.

seriously though its the equivalent of seeing a top hockey/baseball/soccer/etc recruit with the name of colt mcfadden. it throws me off everytime.

BamaFalcon59
03-29-2008, 09:16 PM
everytime i see mayo (his name on this board) i think of oj mayo who happens to play basketball and is way more famous than his football counterpart. pistons are set in the backcourt with billups/rip/stuckey/afflalo.

seriously though its the equivalent of seeing a top hockey/baseball/soccer/etc recruit with the name of colt mcfadden. it throws me off everytime.

But, then you went on to talk about Al Wilson, who is a middle linebacker in the National Football League. So it was like you were confused then not confused but all in the same post.

Prowler
03-30-2008, 08:34 AM
technically the subject was always majo the linebacker, and i used the oj mayo line to comment about him. but yeah this isn't english class.

woodnick
03-30-2008, 09:16 AM
Does anybody have a link to all of the draft prospects that have been invited to visit the Lions? I know on a lot of other teams' homepage they list them, but I can't fiind it on Detroit's.

BamaFalcon59
03-30-2008, 09:56 AM
technically the subject was always majo the linebacker, and i used the oj mayo line to comment about him. but yeah this isn't english class.

English class?

wingboy2999
03-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Prowler is my new favorite poster.

Addict
03-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Prowler is my new favorite poster.

Mine is still a perfect score when drunk.

wingboy2999
03-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Mine is still a perfect score when drunk.

I've never actually seen it first hand.

Addict
03-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I've never actually seen it first hand.

it's funny as hell, it's supposed to be english, but it really doesn't look like it... hilarious. Especially since the reactions now generally are "APS, you drunk again" or "Don't drink and post".

Lionsfan93
03-30-2008, 04:41 PM
would gladly take him if he's there in the 2nd

wingboy2999
03-30-2008, 05:51 PM
would gladly take him if he's there in the 2nd

Not so sure he is gonna be there though. We're probably gonna have to make a move.

Addict
03-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Not so sure he is gonna be there though. We're probably gonna have to make a move.

well it's not as doubtfull, Mayock (who does have NFL-type info at his disposal) isn't really high on him, for what it's worth of course.

Prowler
04-04-2008, 10:33 AM
do you think mayo's emergence will push connor down to our spot in the 2nd round?