PDA

View Full Version : Which RB will have the most yards rushing in the NFL

AtariBigby
03-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Of course a lot depends on the team they go to, and a lot depends on their injuries. But nobody is psychic here ( if you are, please e-mail me your NCAA picks for tomorrow:) )

That being said, Emmitt and Barry Sanders went to bad teams and part of their greatness made the teams better.

So which of these potentially great RBs will end up with the best NFL career. Again, Thurman Thomas, Terrell Davis, plenty of great RBs went after round one.

5- Darren McFadden
2- Rashard Mendenhall
6- Jonathan Stewart
1- Ray Rice
8- Mike Hart
3- Matt Forte
11- Chris Johnson
10- Felix the cat Jones
9- Kevin Smith
4- Tashard Choice
7- Jamaal Charles

My predictions are indicated with the #'s. I am guessing at everything of course and I don't think that McFadden will stay healthy with those string bean legs. And I think Stewart's turf toe is just the first of many injuries, a la Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Clinton Portis, Cedric Benson, etc......
Ray Rice is Emmitt Smith like, and so is Tashard Choice. Short compact, strong, not BLAZERS but fast enough, and workhorses. I know Choice got injured late this season though......

Cashmoney
03-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Your sig is friggin huge...

AtariBigby
03-28-2008, 07:54 PM

Thanks.... I looked thru and searched the SIGNATURE information. I found nothing about how to do it or size, etc.

Is there a size guideline?

I can shrink it.

Cashmoney
03-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's too big.

And yes, that's what she said.

Paul
03-28-2008, 07:58 PM

Thanks..

That made me laugh.

BamaFalcon59
03-28-2008, 07:58 PM
The sig does not extend the screen, I think it is fine but that is just my opinion.

Jakey
03-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I agree with Ray Rice as No1...i think he will be a solid starter for many years.

AtariBigby
03-28-2008, 08:17 PM
The sig does not extend the screen, I think it is fine but that is just my opinion.

Thanks for the support.
I noticed that when I PREVIEWED it.
I also INTENTIONALLY LOOKED in the signature information to find any possible guidelines, and found nothing listed. So I made it within screen size and not too high. Yet I just got a penalty called? In my PM. Nice. That's like the refs making a rule but not putting it in writing for anyone to see and know about. No big deal though because I'm a clean player, no horse collars or anything.

But THIS is THEIR info that comes up under the SIGNATURE INFO:

After you have registered, you may set your signature. This is a piece of text that you would like to be inserted at the end of all your posts, a little like having headed note paper.

If the administrator has enabled signatures, then you will have the option to include your signature on any posts you make. If you have specified a signature, then the forum will automatically append your signature to any messages you post. You can disable signatures on a per-post basis by un-ticking the 'Show Signature' checkbox when you compose your message.

You may turn the signature on and off on posts you have already made by editing the post and altering the state of the 'Show Signature' option.

You can set your signature by editing your profile.

P-L
03-28-2008, 08:21 PM
6. Do not allow your sig to grow excessively in size. A single 500x125 image should be plenty of room.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10018

neko4
03-28-2008, 08:22 PM
6. Do not allow your sig to grow excessively in size. A single 500x125 image should be plenty of room.

7. Do not start an excessive number of new threads each day. a) Your ability to start new threads will be revoked. There are plenty of threads on the site.

b) Don't repeat already posted material. There's a search button on the site that works very well. Use it.

Official rules^

Also youve started two threads since youve joined. not a big deal just dont go crazy

Nice sig though

Ray Rice in a ZBS could be great.

Matt Forte should be up there too.

If were just talking about first 5 years I would say D-Mac though

Cool though, we have a memeber named atari bigby now.

AtariBigby
03-28-2008, 08:26 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10018

Thanks for that. Believe me, it doesn't come up under the signature category though, as one would think it should. Even using the search 'signature', it didn't give anything.

I have resized it now, twice, to get it to that exact size now, so no more flags please. I didn't facemask anybody, just had the jersey.

Santonio10
03-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Mendenhall will be a beast

AtariBigby
03-28-2008, 08:28 PM
I agree with Ray Rice as No1...i think he will be a solid starter for many years.

I want Ray Rice to compliment Ryan Grant SO BADLY!
Will he last til late round two, when we have two picks?

I have faith my guy, the grey ghost TED THOMPSON, will take him if so. He likes high character guys and I know FIRST HAND that Ray Rice is a great person. He wouldn't fit well on the Bengals, that's for sure. :eek:

And MATT FORTE is a Ryan Grant clone, so if Grant gets hurt, we can just put in his twin.

neko4
03-28-2008, 08:30 PM
And MATT FORTE is a Ryan Grant clone, so if Grant gets hurt, we can just put in his twin.
Agreed entirely. I'd rather get Forte than Rice though. I know they have the same skillset, but I just loved watching Forte at the senior bowl

I really dont want us to get any RB early to be honest. Id rather give B-Jack and Wynn one last chance

Santonio10
03-28-2008, 08:32 PM
I think Kevin Smith might surprise some people this year

scottyboy
03-28-2008, 08:32 PM
HEY HEY HEY, i just want everyone to remember who was on Rice's nuts first, and for the most amount of time!

AtariBigby
03-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Agreed entirely. I'd rather get Forte than Rice though. I know they have the same skillset, but I just loved watching Forte at the senior bowl

I really dont want us to get any RB early to be honest. Id rather give B-Jack and Wynn one last chance

yeah I got a feeling Thompson is happy with his 2nd rounder B-Jack so he won't take another RB until maybe late on day 2.
Plus DeShawn and Morency are still in their picture, and Noah Herron.

I believe Rice, Forte, K Smith, even Tashard Choice are big upgrades over all of them except Grant. I never saw potential greatness in B-Jack, even Husker fans didn't at Nebraska, which is why he never was THE MAN there. Suspicious.....

neko4
03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
HEY HEY HEY, i just want everyone to remember who was on Rice's nuts first, and for the most amount of time!
GRF?
shavedaeyebrow2?
Giantsfan1080?
Forenci?

Im drawing a huge blank here

Paul
03-28-2008, 08:40 PM

Figuratively or literally?

scottyboy
03-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Figuratively or literally?

Paul, you should know by now I mean both

BamaFalcon59
03-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Darren McFadden.

03-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Darren McFadden.

Game, Set, Match.

FizzyFalcons
03-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Whoever the Broncos draft

SKim172
03-29-2008, 12:41 AM
A lot of these guys will be running out of the increasingly-popular tailback tandem for at least their first season, so I'm thinking McFadden, since he's the most likely to be featured back in Week 1. If the concerns about his running style prove true, however, then Mendenhall will eclipse him quickly, since he's also likely to become the every-down back early on. I'm not convinced the M&M's will be the ultimate stars of this draft class, however, in terms of a complete career.

Race for the Heisman
03-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Jonathan Stewart to Houston would be my favorite if the toe doesn't keep him out. Then DMac to Oakland and finally Mendenhall to Detroit.

etk
03-29-2008, 11:04 AM
1 - Tashard Choice
2 - Jonathan Stewart
3 - Rashard Mendenhall
4 - Matt Forte
5 - Ray Rice
6 - Darren McFadden
7 - Jamaal Charles
8 - Kevin Smith
9 - Mike Hart
10 - Chris Johnson
11 - Felix Jones

EDIT: this is off the list in the 1st post.

MetSox17
03-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Why don't we make a list on what RB will have
the most Yards from Scrimmage when it's all said and done?

1. Mendenhall
2. McFadden
3. Rice
4. Stewart
5. Charles
6. Jones
7. Johnson
8. Matt Forte
9. Smith

ChefMike
03-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Think Ray Rice will be like TD was in Denver... good couple of years then all the wear and tear on him will catch up... he carried the ball so much in College...

McFadden is always looked at like he can't run people over and all he can do is get to the corner and outrun everyone.. he can do that.. but his chicken legs are strong and he is not a small guy by any stretch... he will gain 5-10lbs of muscle after his rookie year and be a super beast. I know that he is a popular pick and I am not the first to say it, but AD had a lot of the same issues, he runs to high... he can't take a hit... well running high is not an issue that gets overlooked in the NFL and most LB's drool for a rookie to come through the line standing up and eat their lunch ! But that failed to happen to AD ?? It won't happen to McFadden plus he came out of the SEC.. be prepared NFL !!!

SKim172
03-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm not sure if running high was a concern for Adrian Peterson. It was his injuries that were more of a worry than anything. And no one can honestly say that Peterson can't take a hit - he'll beat you up and run you over if you're not careful. McFadden, on the other hand, was not really called on to be that kind of power runner at Arkansas. He didn't take many big hits running up the middle, he wasn't really a short-yardage back who dived up the middle. That was Peyton Hillis' job.

It's a concern I'd list among the top backs in the draft - McFadden, Mendenhall, Stewart, Jones - guys who ran out of the zone-read option. We're not just talking the spread - this is a full-on running formation. These guys pretty much never carried the load - Mendenhall had Juice Williams, Stewart had Dennis Dixon, McFadden and Jones had each other, along with Hillis. Opposing offenses were unable to key in on a single player. These guys had specific roles within the rushing attack - they didn't have to do it all alone. Until the day an NFL team finally adopts the spread - and with the amount of running quarterbacks coming to the NFL, I'm sure a team will eventually try it - these guys will be called on to adapt their skills in the span of a few months for an offense they haven't played in in years.

Except, of course, my boy Ray Rice. :)

(edit)
Of course, Rice played in the ZBS, so we'll have to see how that translates as well...

Addict
03-29-2008, 01:05 PM
1. Mendenhall
2. Stewart
3. Choice
4. Rice
5. McFadden

ironman4579
03-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Think Ray Rice will be like TD was in Denver... good couple of years then all the wear and tear on him will catch up... he carried the ball so much in College...

McFadden is always looked at like he can't run people over and all he can do is get to the corner and outrun everyone.. he can do that.. but his chicken legs are strong and he is not a small guy by any stretch... he will gain 5-10lbs of muscle after his rookie year and be a super beast. I know that he is a popular pick and I am not the first to say it, but AD had a lot of the same issues, he runs to high... he can't take a hit... well running high is not an issue that gets overlooked in the NFL and most LB's drool for a rookie to come through the line standing up and eat their lunch ! But that failed to happen to AD ?? It won't happen to McFadden plus he came out of the SEC.. be prepared NFL !!!

Well hell, this argument is over! SEC IS TEH ROXXXORZZZ!1111!!!!!!111

03-29-2008, 01:30 PM
1. Darren McFadden
2. Rashard Mendenhall
3. Matt Forte
4. Kevin Smith
5. Ray Rice
6. Jonathan Stewart
7. Felix Jones
8. Jalen Parmele
9. Jamaal Charles
10. Xavier Omon

Addict
03-29-2008, 01:33 PM
not many people think highly of chris johnson here...

03-29-2008, 01:35 PM
not many people think highly of chris johnson here...

solely as a RB no ..

FinNasty
03-29-2008, 06:02 PM
If Kevin Smith ends up in a ZBS... mark it down...

Addict
03-29-2008, 06:13 PM
If Kevin Smith ends up in a ZBS... mark it down...

Kevin Smith won't be able to start for a long amount of time... too many carries in college, he'll wear down FAST.

LonghornsLegend
03-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Too tough to tell without seeing who they went to, Selvin Young could of been at least top 3 in rookie rushers if he started all year...So If I had to guess Id say whoever Houston drafts, he is going to have a good opportunity to be the main guy.

SimonRath
03-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Whoever the Broncos draft

end of story..

CARDIAC CAT 7
03-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Jonathan Stewart, most polished runner in the draft

theogt
03-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Career - Rice
2008 - McFadden

Staubach12
03-29-2008, 11:06 PM
This depends too much on team and scheme to try and predict. Maybe after the draft.

RaiderFan
03-29-2008, 11:21 PM
McFadden TOUCHdOWN RAYDUS

SaintsMan
03-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Mendenhall with the Saints.

EvilMonkey
03-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Career - Mendenhall
2008 - Mendenhall

Addict
03-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Mendenhall with the Saints.

I think 90% of Saints fans would shoot themselves in the face if the Saints were to select Mendenhall...

etk
03-30-2008, 04:27 PM
I think 90% of Saints fans would shoot themselves in the face if the Saints were to select Mendenhall...

I actually think Mendenhall would be a great pick for the Saints if they weren't happy with the defensive value at pick 10. Deuce may never be the same, Bush can't carry the load, and Pierre Thomas is not the answer. If they draft Mendenhall he can be their feature back with Bush playing mostly out of the slot. Their offense would improve infinitely.

initial_flo
03-30-2008, 05:11 PM
The broncos team theory hasn't really held in like 5 years...

Anyway, more importantly then the players, you need to know what team and situation that they will be exposed to if were talking most rush yards. The situation is arguably more important than the player.

SaintsMan
03-30-2008, 05:23 PM
I actually think Mendenhall would be a great pick for the Saints if they weren't happy with the defensive value at pick 10. Deuce may never be the same, Bush can't carry the load, and Pierre Thomas is not the answer. If they draft Mendenhall he can be their feature back with Bush playing mostly out of the slot. Their offense would improve infinitely.

Exactly. I would be happy with Mendenhall at 10. But I would shoot myself in the face if we took Keith Rivers at 10.

AtariBigby
03-30-2008, 05:27 PM
I actually think Mendenhall would be a great pick for the Saints if ....... Their offense would improve infinitely.
It would improve, probably, but it would be a finite amount. I believe that it would improve slightly.
But can WR Robert Meachem do anything in year 2?

That team needs more defense.

d34ng3l021
03-30-2008, 05:31 PM

Quite the contrary. Pierre Thomas is the ****.

I think the leader of rookie running yards will be...Darren McFadden if he ends up in Oakland. If not, Mendenhall elsewhere.

etk
03-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Rookie yardage is a tough call....I don't think Mendenhall is as NFL-ready as the other backs. I think McFadden can break enough big runs to be in contention, but I really like Stewart's chances if he's healthy and Choice's chances if he gets to start. The leading rookie rusher will probably be the one that is forced into action when a starter gets hurt, but there's no way of predicting injuries.

BufFan71
03-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Kevin Smith on the broncos

FinNasty
03-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Kevin Smith won't be able to start for a long amount of time... too many carries in college, he'll wear down FAST.

He didnt have as many carries as everyone thinks. He is still just a junior, and he didnt get near the workload he got this year in his first 2 years...

Ray Rice actually has more carries than Smith does...

BufFan71
03-30-2008, 07:11 PM
He didnt have as many carries as everyone thinks. He is still just a junior, and he didnt get near the workload he got this year in his first 2 years...

Ray Rice actually has more carries than Smith does...

smith only had a lot of carries his junior year

he missed time his sophmore year
and freshmen year he had a decent amount of carries