10. Roy Schuening, Oregon State
11. Oniel Cousins, UTEP
12. Mike Pollak, Arizona State
13. Tony Hills, Texas
14. Duane Brown, Virginia Tech
15. John Greco, Toledo

BeerBaron
03-29-2008, 01:51 PM
im not sure how to type the noise of joy i made when i read your QB rankings. ryan and henne are right where they deserves to be. +rep from me, fantastic!

03-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Overall great work. Need some explanation on your QB rankings though.

princefielder28
03-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Overall great work. Need some explanation on your QB rankings though.

Brian Brohm is far and away the most polished and NFL ready QB of this draft. He may never be a Top 5 QB in the league but from day one he will provide stability for a team at the most important position.

Joe Flacco has all the tools to work with to become a very good NFL QB. He's certainly not as polished as Brohm, and even Ryan, but he's got the size, arm strength, pocket presence, and mobility to be very successful. If he's given 2 or 3 years to sit and learn then he will be a very solid QB.

Matt Ryan may be the most overhyped player in this draft. He's got good size and has good pocket presence, but his arm strength is average and he doesn't have the greatest mobility. He's certainly not one that can step in right away, but with some work he can become a dependable, slightly above average starter in the league.

Andre Woodson has had an awfully rough off-season, but if you look at his body of work in the SEC, there is some optimism with him. His biggest flaw is his release, but with work that is correctible. Much like the past two QBs discussed he can be a starting QB in this league and if he can be just as effective with the fix in mechanics then he can be even better than Ryan.

Colt Brennan has the "IT" factor out of any QB in this draft. He has good arm strength and make a variety of different throws. His weight was a problem coming into the off-season, but at the combine that was set aside. He needs to learn how to play from under center, but he has higher potential than alot of QBs this year and some work as a backup early may help him reach it.

Hope I answered some of your questions

Paranoidmoonduck
03-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Good stuff. I love Chris Williams as the #2 offensive tackle, and a few other notable moves (Chad Henne).

That said, I'm not sure I see Chris Johnson over Felix Jones. Jones was definitely the better runner in college, and his frame isn't maxed out like Johnson's.

neko4
03-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Brian Brohm is far and away the most polished and NFL ready QB of this draft. He may never be a Top 5 QB in the league but from day one he will provide stability for a team at the most important position.

Joe Flacco has all the tools to work with to become a very good NFL QB. He's certainly not as polished as Brohm, and even Ryan, but he's got the size, arm strength, pocket presence, and mobility to be very successful. If he's given 2 or 3 years to sit and learn then he will be a very solid QB.

Matt Ryan may be the most overhyped player in this draft. He's got good size and has good pocket presence, but his arm strength is average and he doesn't have the greatest mobility. He's certainly not one that can step in right away, but with some work he can become a dependable, slightly above average starter in the league.

Andre Woodson has had an awfully rough off-season, but if you look at his body of work in the SEC, there is some optimism with him. His biggest flaw is his release, but with work that is correctible. Much like the past two QBs discussed he can be a starting QB in this league and if he can be just as effective with the fix in mechanics then he can be even better than Ryan.

Colt Brennan has the "IT" factor out of any QB in this draft. He has good arm strength and make a variety of different throws. His weight was a problem coming into the off-season, but at the combine that was set aside. He needs to learn how to play from under center, but he has higher potential than alot of QBs this year and some work as a backup early may help him reach it.

Hope I answered some of your questions

PF28 showing some balls here
Love most all of the rankings

I dont like D-Jack that much but great overall

vidae
03-29-2008, 02:59 PM
I love your QB rankings. I like Brohm the most of this class as well.

Xiomera
03-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Quarterbacks
1. Brian Brohm, Louisville
2. Joe Flacco, Delaware
3. Matt Ryan, Boston College
4. Andre Woodson, Kentucky
5. Colt Brennan, Hawaii
6. John David Booty, USC
7. Josh Johnson, San Diego
8. Chad Henne, Michigan
9. Kevin O’Connell, San Diego State
10. Sam Keller, Nebraska

Explain this one . . . I may be a U-M fan, but Henne is not the 8th best QB.

KCJ58
03-29-2008, 03:16 PM
good Tight End Rankings

princefielder28
03-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Explain this one . . . I may be a U-M fan, but Henne is not the 8th best QB.

First of all, durability and mobility are big problems for me with him...he's not a great athlete so he's going to really have to learn to drop back and get rid of the football. He has had injuries problems in his career and that could pop its little head in the NFL. He doesn't have the most efficient arm angle either so that bothers me as well. The thing that stands out the most though is his eyeballing of receivers. From the snap, when he drops back, and finally releases the ball he always eyeballing the receiver he intends to go to instead of reading the defense and looking safeties off of the intended target. Now I know you're going to say, he did have high interception totals at Michigan and that never really seemed to be much of a problem. There weren't many skilled safeties to go through the Big Ten throughout his years so he was able to get away with that, but in the NFL it is going to be a problem. I think at best he is a life long backup. If he does get the chance to start he may show glimpses of promise, but he'll make mistakes due to his lack of, what I'll call "breaking down the defense." Very limited upside as well.

Michigan
03-29-2008, 04:14 PM
I can understand your criticisms of Henne, but I'm VERY interested to hear why Brennan, Woodson, Booty, and Johnson are better than him.

princefielder28
03-29-2008, 04:22 PM
I can understand your criticisms of Henne, but I'm VERY interested to hear why Brennan, Woodson, Booty, and Johnson are better than him.

I already explained Woodson and Brennan earlier in this thread

John David Booty : He is defintely more athletic than Henne and I think he is more fundamentally sound as well. Booty isn't head and shoulders above Henne, but if he is put into a West Coast offense I think he could be a starter in this league. Much like Henne I see him as a life long backup, but he has more potential to start.

Josh Johnson : He is as athletically gifted as anyone in this draft and is the most athletic QB. Now, I know athletic QBs may not be the most successful when it comes to the NFL, he did have very impressive passing statistics at San Diego. He has a decent enough arm, and his potential, compared to where he currently stands, may be the highest of any QB in the draft. He has alot of tools to work with, but it'll take time and he's no doubt a long term project/solution than someone who will contribute within their first two years.

etk
03-29-2008, 05:19 PM
A lot I agree with, and some I don't. Let's get started!

Good QB rankings but having Henne at #8 is beyond eye-opening. I think you're going overboard with this "stares down receivers thing". Henne is accurate, throws a nice deep ball, throws with velocity, he's a 4-year starter, he has nice pocket presence and mechanics, etc. Prototypical QB if you ask me. Josh Johnson is a little low for me but no big deal.

Good RB rankings too, but I'd mix them up a bit. I don't understand how you have McFadden first and Charles 8th....they're too similar to be that far apart. Tashard Choice is a stud and you're missing out by leaving him off. Only 3 FBs, but I agree with the rankings except I don't think Hester is truly a FB.

Really like the WR rankings. No glaring issue there, but I'm even lower on DJax than you are. Good TE rankings, but Keller 1st and Davis 5th is a bit confusing. I also think you're sleeping on Jermichael Finley because of his 40 time.

I like the idea of grouping the offensive line together. Your top 5 is perfect there and the rest is solid.

Great job overall, but where's the D?

princefielder28
03-29-2008, 05:21 PM
A lot I agree with, and some I don't. Let's get started!

Good QB rankings but having Henne at #8 is beyond eye-opening. I think you're going overboard with this "stares down receivers thing". Henne is accurate, throws a nice deep ball, throws with velocity, he's a 4-year starter, he has nice pocket presence and mechanics, etc. Prototypical QB if you ask me. Josh Johnson is a little low for me but no big deal.

Good RB rankings too, but I'd mix them up a bit. I don't understand how you have McFadden first and Charles 8th....they're too similar to be that far apart. Tashard Choice is a stud and you're missing out by leaving him off. Only 3 FBs, but I agree with the rankings except I don't think Hester is truly a FB.

Really like the WR rankings. No glaring issue there, but I'm even lower on DJax than you are. Good TE rankings, but Keller 1st and Davis 5th is a bit confusing. I also think you're sleeping on Jermichael Finley because of his 40 time.

I like the idea of grouping the offensive line together. Your top 5 is perfect there and the rest is solid.

Great job overall, but where's the D?

Defense is coming tomorrow

bet on some suprises there too!

etk
03-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Defense is coming tomorrow

Cool....I forgot to erase the quote from my post....sorry about that.

Xiomera
03-29-2008, 05:29 PM
PF, I wouldn't really say Henne is injury prone. He didn't miss a start as a Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior (starting all the possible games). Yeah he was hurt a bit as a Senior but he actually played through a seperated shoulder and a bum leg for much of the season.

I just haven't seen you say anything that justifies his #8 ranking. I can understand not liking him, but his flaws seem no bigger than the other guys he is ranked behind.

catcher_0_3
03-29-2008, 05:30 PM
I think you did pretty good overall. I have a few problems with the Qbs. Colt Brennan is just terrible, there really isn't any "it" factor to him IMO. Chad Henne might not have the most potential, but I agree that 8 is a little far down. Josh Johnson is going to be drafted based on his potential so I think he has got to be higher. I also think Tashard Choice should be in the top 10 of the running backs.

P-L
03-29-2008, 05:52 PM
PF, I wouldn't really say Henne is injury prone. He didn't miss a start as a Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior (starting all the possible games). Yeah he was hurt a bit as a Senior but he actually played through a seperated shoulder and a bum leg for much of the season.
Yeah, he really isn't injury prone. His problem this season was that he kept trying to play with his injury, and that made it worse. He tried playing against Wisconsin but was pulled in the 1st Quarter because the shoulder bothered him too much. I've also heard that if the opponent wasn't Ohio State, they wouldn't have cleared him to play in that game. It's just a rumor that I can't confirm, but he was in obvious pain during that game.

Addict
03-29-2008, 06:14 PM
IMO, Colt Brennan could end up the best QB of the bunch... it's just something about him I like a lot.

neko4
03-29-2008, 06:32 PM
IMO, Colt Brennan could end up the best QB of the bunch... it's just something about him I like a lot.
Its like what PF said. IT factor. Also his legendary accuracy. Good mobility. Excellent leadership. Ya know all the good stuff