PDA

View Full Version : Breakout Sophmore in 2008?

ChezPower4
03-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Which Sophmore player will have the best year for this up coming 2008 season?

Who will be last years Mario Williams?

BufFan71
03-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Paul Pozluszny

Primetime21
03-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Paul Pozluszny

Yea thats a good one.

Jammal Anderson should do well in Atlanta especially with the new defensive minded HC.

For the Hawks I think Josh Wilson could take Kelly Jennings starting spot and thrive.

21ST
03-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Offense-Calvin Johnson

Defense [homer]Laron Landry[homer/]

Addict
03-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Calvin Johnson should be a lot better, with less of a spread offense b/c of Martz leaving he'll play as Kitna's #2, which should allow him to do a lot better.

neko4
03-29-2008, 02:37 PM
On the packers, maybe Aaron Rouse. Brandon Jackson or Deshawn Wynn might backups.

03-29-2008, 02:39 PM
I'll start right from the top of last year's draft .. Russell or Johnson. Take your pick.

BamaFalcon59
03-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Jammal Anderson should do well in Atlanta especially with the new defensive minded HC.

Mike Smith and the amazing DL coach he brought in (Ray Henderson?) are good. But turning Jamaal Anderson to even a servicable pass rusher would be a huge accomplishment.

neko4
03-29-2008, 02:48 PM
IF
Derek Anderson wasnt in the way, would Brady Quinn perform well this year.

Yung Flippa
03-29-2008, 02:50 PM
- Calvin Johnson
- Justin Harrell
- Jacoby Jones
- Yamon Figurs
- Prescott Burgess
- Antwan Barnes

Jakey
03-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Lamarr Woodley FTW!!!

Also Calvin Johnsons bad back should be healed up...i think he will be a monster.

ChezPower4
03-29-2008, 02:51 PM
LaMarr Woodly i think he gonna have a very good year after taking Clark Haggins starting job.

The Legend
03-29-2008, 02:54 PM
WR Mike Walker Central Florida Jacksonville Jaguars
WR Ted Ginn Jr Ohio State Miami Dolphins
DE Brian Robison Texas Minnesota Vikings

Jakey
03-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Also for the Steelers, Lawrence Timmons should be starting at Mack...so he should def put up some numbers (maybe not league wide recognition though).

indyfan1985
03-29-2008, 03:01 PM
I think both Anthony Gonzalez from the Colts and Greg Olson from the Bears will have good years.

Chucky
03-29-2008, 03:04 PM
From the Bucs, I think Gaines Adams will have a huge year

soybean
03-29-2008, 03:05 PM
dwayne jarrett...

(i can dream can't i?)

Addict
03-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I think Trent Edwards will do a whole lot better than he did as a rookie...

RAZERSAINTS
03-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Chris Houston.

Jakey
03-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Chris Houston.

Good call! Also Eric Wright has the potential to be a stud, but with no other top CB's in Cleveland he might struggle this year.

Go_Eagles77
03-29-2008, 03:13 PM
I think Brandon Meriweather should do a whole lot better considering he should get a lot of playing time with Samuel, Gay, and Wilson gone.

Cashmoney
03-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Hopefully any of these 3:
WR/Chris Davis
WR/Paul Williams
RB/Chris Henry

SaintsFanForLife
03-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Chris Houston.

I would like to see him do well. But do you guys think they will let him take over for D.Hall or will he stay on the second reciever?

TimD
03-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Chansi Stuckey. According to the Jets staff he looked great before he got hurt. If we don't draft a receiver he'll make a push to play the slot, if we do then he'll be the 4th-5th receiver.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-29-2008, 03:17 PM
I would like to see him do well. But do you guys think they will let him take over for D.Hall or will he stay on the second reciever?

As of right now he is CB #1. I'm really hoping the answer to this question is going to be Houston and Anderson. I thin Calvin is primed for a big year.

BufFan71
03-29-2008, 03:37 PM

he wont have to do much in order to do better than his rookie year

he was awful imo
7td 8ints in 9games
4td's in one game...so
3tds in 8games

not good

03-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Also for the Steelers, Lawrence Timmons should be starting at Mack...so he should def put up some numbers (maybe not league wide recognition though).

I was gonna mention him but wasn't sure if he was starting next season. So I'll go with Timmons, Russell and Johnson.

Addict
03-29-2008, 03:52 PM
he wont have to do much in order to do better than his rookie year

he was awful imo
7td 8ints in 9games
4td's in one game...so
3tds in 8games

not good

He provided leadership and showed promise, you can hardly expect a rookie QB to do much more than that.

Considering the #1 overall pick did well worse.

ChezPower4
03-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Sydney Rice if Jackson plays well this year even if he doesn't I think Rice will have a good season, played pretty well last year.

BamaFalcon59
03-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Chris Houston.

If he improves his ball skills he could be very good. Last year they played right and left cornerback positions, they did not line up on specific positions. This year it could be different, we could do a wide field cornerback and a shortfield cornerback, a left and right like last year, or a man lock scheme. So I'm not sure. Maybe a Jacksonville fan would know.

Race for the Heisman
03-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Troy Smith if the pieces fall kindly. Kevin Boss perhaps. Craig Davis, maybe Drew Stanton, and finally Stewart Bradley.

BamaFalcon59
03-29-2008, 04:55 PM
If Keith Brooking is released, which I hope he is despite his contributions to the team, I really like Stephen Nicholas at weakside linebacker. Ballhawk who can blitz and cover.

Justin Blalock should be much better.

Chris Houston if he improves his ball skills. But word is that the new regime in Atlanta likes our sixth round cornerback from last year a lot as well, him being David Irons, who would have likely been a third round pick had he not had so many injury concerns.

Laurent Robinson had a very good rookie year, and if he can pass Michael Jenkins or Joe Horn on the depth chart his numbers should improve.

etk
03-29-2008, 04:58 PM
No one on the Bucs really. Jackson, Sears and Adams all broke out already IMO, but I think Gaines will improve his production a lot after starting slow last year.

neko4
03-29-2008, 05:11 PM
He provided leadership and showed promise, you can hardly expect a rookie QB to do much more than that.

Considering the #1 overall pick did well worse.
I dont know what happen to JP Losman. He looked good in '06

princefielder28
03-29-2008, 05:13 PM
I hope Aundrae Allison gets more of a chance with the Vikings as a fan of his

P-L
03-29-2008, 05:15 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say that Calvin Johnson has a better year than last year, but still doesn't justify his draft position.

etk
03-29-2008, 05:22 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say that Calvin Johnson has a better year than last year, but still doesn't justify his draft position.

It's quite mind-boggling how Detroit could have Gaines Adams and 2 (2008) 2nd rounders right now instead of Johnson. As good as he is, the Lions don't need him like they need an edge rusher, an inside backer and a CB. Your loss Matt Millen....

Aftermath
03-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Leon Hall should be much improved after one year in the pros. Ndukwe will start and will probably be our Houshmandzadeh on defense for a while.

P-L
03-29-2008, 05:34 PM
It's quite mind-boggling how Detroit could have Gaines Adams and 2 (2008) 2nd rounders right now instead of Johnson. As good as he is, the Lions don't need him like they need an edge rusher, an inside backer and a CB. Your loss Matt Millen....
Dude, you're preaching to the choir. We arguably had a need at every single position last season other than WR, DT, and WLB. So what does Millen do, he takes a WR because he is the "best player available." Someone needs to tell him that it is ok to take the "second best player available" if your team has a major hole there. I really wanted Joe Thomas. We could've put him at LT and moved Backus to RT, thus improving the OL in two spots. You don't know how painful it was to see Thomas have a Pro Bowl season. Hell, like you said we could've traded down to get Gaines Adams and I would've been happy. Millen tried too hard to make the fans happy on Draft Day by making a "sexy" pick. He can't pass up QB's, RB's, and WR's. If there wasn't an immense pressure from Marinelli to pick Ernie Sims, it wouldn't have surprised me if he took Matt Leinart two years ago.

JagHombre22
03-29-2008, 06:49 PM
for the Jaguars I would say Justin Durant...the kid is a man beast and played lights out in the second half of last season...

RaiderNation
03-29-2008, 07:13 PM
hopefully JaMarcus Russell or Zach Miller

eaglesfan_45
03-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Stewart Bradley
Victor Abiamiri

Both are really good and the Eagles have holes at their posistion so the starting spots are theirs to win

leroyisgod
03-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Anthony Spencer- I see him getting more playing time this year.

Lamar Woodley- He played well when he was in last year. With Haggans gone he'll see the field even more.

Greg Olsen- The Bears have no solid wr's and will have to rely more on Olsen.

Thunder&Lightning
03-29-2008, 10:52 PM
David Harris
http://www.jetsinsider.com/images/harris_ota.jpg

Mr. Stiller
03-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Offense: Dwayne Bowe & Ahmad Bradshaw

Defense: LaMarr Woodley & David Harris

Dam8610
03-30-2008, 07:42 AM
My team: I'll go with LT Tony Ugoh. The guy could be a Pro Bowler if he can stay injury free, he was that good at times last season. I would say Gonzalez, but I think the 2nd half of last season was his coming out party, especially the playoff game. He definitely looked better last year than Reggie did in his rookie season, which has me excited for what's to come out of him.

Elsewhere: LB Anthony Spencer is my pick, partially because I'm being a homer and Spencer hails from Purdue, but I really think Spencer could give the Cowboys an excellent rushbacker to put across from DeMarcus Ware.

As for people saying Dwayne Bowe and David Harris, if we're picking people that established themselves pretty well in their rookie campaigns, then I'll change my picks for other teams to Adrian Peterson and Patrick Willis.

Young Nasty Man
03-30-2008, 09:04 AM
People are saying that Gaines Adams is goin to boom like a beast next season. After that I am going with either Calvin Johnson or Poszluzny. The Bills finished solid with a nothing team and now that they have a monster DT, Puz is going to boom. Calvin Johnson is simply nuff said I don't need to explain myself.

SMoore
03-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Paul Pozluszny

That's my pick...He was on pace to breakout before his inury last year and i think this year he has a pro-bowl caliber year

skinzzfan25
03-30-2008, 10:38 AM
I think Landry was really coming on at FS. His success depends on how Blatche wants to use him, but under Williams he was looking like a top flight safety.

I'm predicting 6 INTs 2 FF and 55 tackles.

BamaFalcon59
03-30-2008, 11:00 AM
I think Landry was really coming on at FS. His success depends on how Blatche wants to use him, but under Williams he was looking like a top flight safety.

I'm predicting 6 INTs 2 FF and 55 tackles.

I can not see him only having 55 tackles. He had almost 100 last year. The move to FS might take away some, but it should be at least 80.

SpottedCow
03-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Lamarr Woodley FTW!!!

Also Calvin Johnsons bad back should be healed up...i think he will be a monster.

You took mine. Nice call. I was a huge Woodley fan last year coming out of Michigan and was thrilled when the Steelers drafted him.

Well, I'll go with Sidney Rice WR Minnesota or Greg Olsen TE Chicago. If either of those two get a QB worth a darn I see them making Pro Bowls.

BrownsTown
03-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Brandon McDonald...will get the starting job most likely. He showed flashes and hopefully will become a good starter for the Browns this year.

JCutlery
03-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Tim Crowder. He had injury issues all year long, but still managed 4.5 sacks and scored a touchdown on a fumble recovery.

derza222
03-30-2008, 11:44 AM
My team: I'll go with LT Tony Ugoh. The guy could be a Pro Bowler if he can stay injury free, he was that good at times last season. I would say Gonzalez, but I think the 2nd half of last season was his coming out party, especially the playoff game. He definitely looked better last year than Reggie did in his rookie season, which has me excited for what's to come out of him.

Elsewhere: LB Anthony Spencer is my pick, partially because I'm being a homer and Spencer hails from Purdue, but I really think Spencer could give the Cowboys an excellent rushbacker to put across from DeMarcus Ware.

As for people saying Dwayne Bowe and David Harris, if we're picking people that established themselves pretty well in their rookie campaigns, then I'll change my picks for other teams to Adrian Peterson and Patrick Willis.

A major difference between guys like Harris and Willis is that Willis started from week one whereas Harris only started nine games last season. Even though Harris is pretty well established, he could take a bit of a statistical jump next season with more starts under his belt (and an actual nose tackle). That said, depending on who the Jets add in the draft he could have more talent around him and might not end up racking up so many tackles and sacks. But still, he's in position to potentially a better year statistically with more starts and even maybe play a little better if Jenkins adjusts well to the 3-4. You're right in saying that he's established, but he is in position to make a jump stat-wise if that's what people are thinking.

As for the thread, I like Chinny Ndukwe for the Bengals (hope I spelled that right) and possibly Marvin White as well. If one of them starts they should do well. Jacoby Jones is another guy I like. Sydney Rice, Stewart Bradley, Paul Poz, and Eric Wright could make some noise too.

A Perfect Score
03-30-2008, 11:46 AM
look for antwan barnes to have a big year in baltimore...im predictiing 7+ sacks from him...on offense, i expect ben grubbs to firmly establish himself as a top tier guard in the league. Also, yamon figurs could have a really big year returning kicks. On other teams...

chris houston should have a big year, i was a huge fan on draft day.

a guy i really like is jason hill in SF. it might not be this year, but sometime in the near future, i see him succeeding in martz's offense. Thats providing Alex Smith and that entire team pull their act together.

21ST
03-30-2008, 12:19 PM
I can not see him only having 55 tackles. He had almost 100 last year. The move to FS might take away some, but it should be at least 80.

Well if they have him playing like they had sean playing then he probably wont get more than 60-65 because he will be so far away from the ball

Joeyjr09
03-30-2008, 12:21 PM
I love how alot of the picks are guys that have pretty much already broken out.

David Harris, Dwayne Bowe, Tony Ugoh, LaRon Landry, and some others mentioned already had really good years last year. Now if you say you expect them a progress and have better year's next year then I agree but they aren't gonna break out as they are already established as good up and coming players.

Guys that will break out are like Derrick Anderson types. Guys that had some talent but never got the opportunity. Or like the OP said, a Mario Williams. A guy that did very little his rookie season but blew up the next year.

Ill go with Stewart Bradley. And for my homer pick, I'll say Ted Ginn, Jr.

Smokey Joe
03-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Greg Olsen... he is looking like he might be the Bears best receiving option, along with Dez Clark.

BeerBaron
03-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Greg Olsen... he is looking like he might be the Bears best receiving option, along with Dez Clark.

jsut gonna say that. he and clark about the only decent targets the bears seem to have now....just have to hope 'ol ron turner knows enough to actually use them

Brent
03-31-2008, 07:26 AM
He wasn't too bad as a rookie, so I don't see why he wouldn't improve on that this year.

As for me, I hope that Jason Hill, Ray McDonald, Joe Cohen or Tarell Brown have an impressive year. I would have said Patrick Willis or Joe Staley but they already had good years, last year.

Packman1957
03-31-2008, 07:42 AM
On defense, I will go with Stewart Bradley of the Eagles.

On offense, I will go with Calvin Johnson of the Lions.

And of course for my homer picks, I would have to say Justin Harrell will have a pretty good year in the solid rotation that the Packers have at DT.

D-Rod
03-31-2008, 08:19 AM
Homer pick: Jamaal Anderson - he was always going to take a little development, and I'm confident that the premature naysayers will eat their words.

Other: Calvin Johnson - if he can stay healthy, both he and Roy will put up big numbers.

RaiderFan
03-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Jamarcus Russell

terribletowel39
03-31-2008, 11:15 AM
I was gonna mention him but wasn't sure if he was starting next season. So I'll go with Timmons, Russell and Johnson.
There is no guarantee that Timmons will be starting next year. Who knows if he has the playbook down. If he can beat out Larry Foote for the starting job. Lamar Woodley is a lock to start because we have no one else to play that spot. We still have Larry Foote.....so yea.

thebow305
03-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Ted Ginn Jr., hopefully, with John Beck as well. :)

Jakey
03-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Prrrrrrrrrrff Larry Foote! ;)

In all seriousness man, i think Foote would be better suited as a backup/special teamer. Foote is the kind of tenacious player our ST was lacking last year.

terribletowel39
03-31-2008, 11:40 AM
Prrrrrrrrrrff Larry Foote! ;)

In all seriousness man, i think Foote would be better suited as a backup/special teamer. Foote is the kind of tenacious player our ST was lacking last year.
Ummm...no. Foote is better suited right were he is at the moment.
And if Timmons was half the player everyone here acts like he is, then why wasn't he the tenacious player our ST was lacking last year?? If he can't play good on ST how can yall expect him to play well starting??

And that is in all seriousness as well.

gdamac
03-31-2008, 01:58 PM
hopefully JaMarcus Russell or Zach Miller

they are going to depend on each other. I think Miller will be our best Sophomore

Overall I have to say either Calvin or Posluszny, I truly think Posluszny would have challenged Willis last year had he stayed healthy.

gdamac
03-31-2008, 02:11 PM
Ted Ginn Jr., hopefully, with John Beck as well. :)

I am big on Ginn jr., but I am a Buckeye homer, so... I would like to see him and Beck light it up, just not against the Raiders!

azbmxican
03-31-2008, 02:27 PM
pro bowl year for Levi Brown and will show why he was picked over Adrian Peterson.

terribletowel39
03-31-2008, 02:32 PM
pro bowl year for Levi Brown and will show why he was picked over Adrian Peterson.
haha he better not let anyone do anything EVER to show why he was picked over Peterson.

catcher_0_3
03-31-2008, 02:39 PM
I'll throw down a homer pick and say Jamaal Anderson. Even though he went sackless last year, I see him dropping some weight to add some speed back to his game and having a Mario Williamsesque sophmore season. Maybe not as many sacks, but still the same turn around to answer some critics.

Gay Ork Wang
03-31-2008, 02:45 PM
how would he do that? in all respect to Brown, i dont think he can outplay AP unless AP drops alot in production

CC.SD
03-31-2008, 04:44 PM
Eric Weddle baby! He got McCree cut, and is going to beast it up.

Flyboy
03-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Robert Meachem has nowhere to go but up!

LTgiants
03-31-2008, 04:59 PM
Michael Johnson

BaLLiN
03-31-2008, 05:03 PM
It could be Ahmad Bradshaw if he ever gets enough carries...

The Dynasty
03-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Sidney Rice - Most likely will be the Number 2 Receiver this year along with Berrian. He showed great stuff last year before he was injuried.

BamaFalcon59
03-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Robert Meachem has nowhere to go but up!

Ditto for Jamaal Anderson AKA Big Glaze.

scar988
03-31-2008, 07:08 PM
Jamaal Anderson, Chris Houston now that he's in his more natural LCB role, Justin Blalock if we get a natural LT next to him.

DJC
03-31-2008, 07:21 PM
I think Gaines will be just like Mario, both had slow starts in his rookie year then began to show some promise in the 2nd half of the season. I expect him to have a season comparable to Mario last year with 10+ sacks. Arron Sears should also continue to improve. If Black gets some more playing time he could impress, but I think he'll have to wait another year until Brooks retires.

OSUGiants17
03-31-2008, 07:27 PM
ted ginn jr, ahmad bradshaw, calvin johnson, marshawn lynch, and poz

nobodyinparticular
03-31-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm going to homer pick it and say Zack Miller is going to have a good season in 2008. Russell will likely be iffy this year, but much of the success that he has will be because of his chemistry with Miller. I'm not saying Gates-like numbers, but close to 650 yards or more.

bam bam
03-31-2008, 10:27 PM
i'm going to second Ben Grubbs

no love
03-31-2008, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE=a guy i really like is jason hill in SF. it might not be this year, but sometime in the near future, i see him succeeding in martz's offense. Thats providing Alex Smith and that entire team pull their act together.[/QUOTE]

Probably not Hills year... I wish it was, but Sullivan and Nolan have been very reluctant about giving young wr's playing time. I really like him too, he was a freaking beast with the cougars and has plenty of speed, good size, and good mits.

I will say that Joe Staley will have a breakout year, if those big uglys can have breakout years. He is going back to the left side his natural position, which he is much better suited for with his athleticism. He was pretty good at RT last season and started every game despite how raw he was and the jump in competition. But I fully expect him to take his game to another level and hopefully be Martz's new Orlando Pace.

Turtlepower
03-31-2008, 11:24 PM
(Insert First or Second Round Draft Pick of My Team that Underperformed)

bam bam
03-31-2008, 11:56 PM
(not funny)

gdamac
03-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Sidney Rice - Most likely will be the Number 2 Receiver this year along with Berrian. He showed great stuff last year before he was injuried.

Rice will benefit from Berrian's presence the most, or at least quite a bit. I could see him having a very good year.

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Offense-Calvin Johnson

Defense [homer]Laron Landry[homer/]

I agree with both, the Skins have a beast in Landry, and Johnson will be a monster.

luee
04-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Ahmad Bradshaw playing from the start; also Ross, Smith and Boss. The entire Giant rookie class.

Addict
04-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Ahmad Bradshaw playing from the start; also Ross, Smith and Boss. The entire Giant rookie class.

realism: the thing you do when you don't masturbate into a giants jersey.

TimD
04-01-2008, 08:15 AM
David Harris
http://www.jetsinsider.com/images/harris_ota.jpg

I think he already had a breakout year which is quite odd considering he didn't start until Week 8. If you subtract the stats he got in those first 7 games he's left with:

101 tackles, 5 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles

That is ridiculous. 9 games and he put up those numbers as a starter. Since our front 7 improved so he won't have to do ALL the work this what I think he'll get next year.

170 tackles, 4-8 sacks, then a few forced fumbles and maybe a pick.

TimD
04-01-2008, 08:16 AM
(Insert First or Second Round Draft Pick of My Team that Underperformed)

(which is why I listed Chansi Stuckey :))

(not funny)

(sort of funny)

luee
04-01-2008, 08:57 AM
realism: the thing you do when you don't masturbate into a giants jersey.

Super Bowl is not an illusion.

BufFan71
04-01-2008, 09:15 AM
honestly, if Either Joey Porter or Jason Taylor go down, or one gets traded of cut

Abraham Wright OLB Dolphins.
he looked good in the preseason, then he got hurt last year
potential sucessor to JT

**edit**

the_Kid
04-06-2008, 01:14 AM
for the vikes...
offense-Sidney Rice
defense-Marcus McCauley/Brian Robison

BlindSite
04-06-2008, 02:58 AM
honestly, if Either Joey Porter or Jason Taylor go down, or one gets traded of cut

Abraham Wright OLB Dolphins.
he looked good in the preseason, then he got hurt last year
potential predacessor to JT

Predecessor means to come before, I think you mean successor.

For the Panthers the only guy with a real chance is Charles Johnson at defensive end. He only played a handful of snaps season gone but could see a big increase in his playing time.

kmartin575
04-06-2008, 03:33 AM
Nobody really for the Chiefs. Dwayne Bowe already brokeout and I expect him to build on his production from last year.

Some players that could have minor breakout seasons though are DT Tank Tyler and OT Herb Taylor. I am hoping Tyler can become a solid nose tackle for us and if we get a good undertackle like Ellis in the draft we could have one of the best lines in the league. Herb Taylor didn't play much last season but he did get in at left tackle against Detroit and he held his own which I think is pretty impressive for a rookie 6th round pick.

TheGreatEscape
04-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Chris Henry. He's a talented RB with an elite oline. If VY can take a step as a passer and the titans give him a top weapon there'll be more room for the titans' backs to carry the load and Henry is easily their most talented back and I see him taking a big step in his game.

I also see Beastmode having a much better season.

waazup
04-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Robert Meachem. When your quarterback is Drew Brees, you are expected to produce. I look for Meachem to light it up in 08-09.

niel89
04-07-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm going to homer pick it and say Zack Miller is going to have a good season in 2008. Russell will likely be iffy this year, but much of the success that he has will be because of his chemistry with Miller. I'm not saying Gates-like numbers, but close to 650 yards or more.

i agree he looked really good in the games i saw him in. he should have a nice year.

PalmerToCJ
04-07-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm only qualified to pick my own team, so I will...

Chinedum Ndukwe, 7th rounder from last year.

They gushed about him in camp last year, figured it was just typical hype but he was the biggest playmaker on our defense at times last year. Despite limited PT, he started the last two games and finished the season with 45 tackles, 3 INT's, 1 TD, 6 PD's and 2 sacks. Him and Marvin White should clean some clocks out there next season. Two hardest hitters we've had around here in forever.

Santonio10
04-08-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm only qualified to pick my own team, so I will...

Chinedum Ndukwe, 7th rounder from last year.

They gushed about him in camp last year, figured it was just typical hype but he was the biggest playmaker on our defense at times last year. Despite limited PT, he started the last two games and finished the season with 45 tackles, 3 INT's, 1 TD, 6 PD's and 2 sacks. Him and Marvin White should clean some clocks out there next season. Two hardest hitters we've had around here in forever.

Thats a good one. I remember almost every time the steelers played the bengals last year it seemed like the announcers were always saying this guys name after plays. He's a playmaker.

bigbluedefense
04-08-2008, 01:21 PM
For the Giants, I have Aaron Ross and Jay Alford.

Id say Bradshaw already "broke out", and Boss is what he is. Smith also broke out in the playoffs.

For the rest of the league I have

Laron Landry
Paul Poz
Darrelle Revis
Jon Beason (on a national level)
Eric Weddle
Brandon Merriweather
Alan Branch
Calvin Johnson
Merril Olsen
Zach Miller

i'll leave it at that for now, don't want to get too carried away and name everybody and their mom.