PDA

View Full Version : FA Discussion

cunningham06
02-25-2007, 10:54 PM
With FA rapidly approaching, discuss any players who you are interested in.

cunningham06
02-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Stephen Davis- very good goal line RB, age is a question
Antwan Peek- underrated pass rusher who may be cheap since his playing time decreased greatly this season
Ian Scott- good 3rd option at DT assuming we dump Walker
Napoleon Harris- solid backup
Ken Hamlin- the one big FA I want us to pursue
Lenny Walls- Big CB with alright skill set

These are a few guys who I would like for us to pursue.

eaglesalltheway
02-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Adalius Thomas...lol
Most of those seem good, but I would add Carlos Emmons. He knows our system and would be a good insurance policy if Gocong doesn't work out. Kendrick Allen, I think thats what his name is. He is a big run-stuffing DT that we should go after if we wouldn't get Ian Scott. We could go after a big RB, but I would rather have any of the big backs in this year's draft (Leonard, Hunt, Ilaoa, Bush, Henry.)

Go_Eagles77
02-26-2007, 08:12 AM
A couple of players I have interest in are Boss Bailey and Musa Smith.

bsaza2358
02-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Bailey is a very interesting player, but he's a WILL in our scheme. We have Gaither and McCoy there, so the fit isn't spectacular. Musa Smith is very intruiging.

Dillen
02-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Boss Bailey was one of the worst starting LBs in the league last year. He is awful. The only good thing about him is that hes fast

cunningham06
02-26-2007, 09:43 PM
The Bailey's have mad speed, but Boss I don't think has developed very much, there is still a lot of room for improvement, he could become a solid player. I like Musa Smith a lot.

eaglesalltheway
02-28-2007, 06:30 AM
I posted a thread yesterday, but that got deleted too. If anyone didn't see it or didn't find out yet, we re-signed Mikell and Juqua Thomas. Thomas's deal can't be announced until Friday because he earned the league minimum last year, so now we will focus on William James and Koy Detmer.

cunningham06
02-28-2007, 07:04 AM
Fantastic news about Juqua, his contract is probably pretty solid which means we have even less cap-room, I think that the probability that Kearse will get traded just went up.

JackieDan
02-28-2007, 01:20 PM
What would Kearse be worth? Would his contract need work for a trade to happen?

bsaza2358
02-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Kearse is not worth very much right now. He has uncertainty about his knee, he wasn't terribly productive the last 2 seasons, and his contract is an absolute bear. I would think he's worth no more than a late third rounder, at best. Certain teams could take his salary on, but they likely won't offer us much for their trouble.

eaglesalltheway
02-28-2007, 02:04 PM
I highly doubt we will trade Kearse, unless we could get a second round pick for him, which won't happen due to his age and injury status. Why would you want him traded? This D-line was beastly with him on it. He improves our whole defense and is valuable to the team as a leader.

cunningham06
02-28-2007, 06:20 PM
He's an excellent player don't get me wrong, if he can match what he was doing at the beginning of the season next year then I certainly want him back, but his contract is huge and he hasn't lived up to it. Depending on what kind of offers we could get of course. Bsaza makes a good point he couldn't fetch a big enough offer to make the trade worthwhile, but we need to free up cap space somehow.

brat316
03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
How about getting Joe Horn as a veteran WR, i was going to say stokley but he would be too expensive

Dillen
03-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah, Brandon Stokley is going to be more expensive than Joe Horn.

How about neither? Horn is done. People forget he talked **** about the Eagles last year.

cunningham06
03-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Joe Horn can't stay healthy, he would be a waste of money. Right now I don't think we need to pick up another WR. We should focus on getting Stallworth and thats it. Despite dropping a lot of balls, I liked what I saw from our receivers last season. Tons of big play ability, and great improvement from our young guys.

brat316
03-01-2007, 10:23 PM
I see your point fellas 34 is a big number for WR, if we get stallworth GRRREat if we dont i still think we need some veteran Receiver

jefepowhnzer
03-01-2007, 10:45 PM
IMO it's imperative the Eagles re-sign Stallworth. If they fail to do so I think the group of WR's go from a rating of B to C pretty quickly. Don't get me wrong, I still think the WR corp is solid without Stallworth. But with Stallworth in the lineup it will allow Brown and Baskett to continue to develop.

nemo1404
03-02-2007, 03:37 AM
Leonard Davis of the Cardinals hasn't scheduled a trip because negotiations were heating up with at least three NFC East teams, including the Dallas Cowboys. as per ESPN mmmmm

bsaza2358
03-02-2007, 08:22 AM
The Eagles don't really HAVE to free up much space. They don't have many FA's over the next few seasons. McNabb, Westbrook, Reggie Brown, Baskett, Avant, Runyan, Thomas, Heremens, Jackson, and Andrews are all signed through at least 2008. Cole, Kearse, Howard, Patterson, Bunkley, McCoy, Gaither, Sheppard, Brown, Dawkins, and Considine are also signed long term. That doesn't even include Feeley, Mikell, and J Thomas's contracts, plus rookies and younger reserves. The team has 1 key FA next offseason in LJ Smith. Runyan and William Thomas come due soon after that. If the Eagles cut no one, they won't have to spend a ton of FA money to keep the same players and quality players on the field. Again, this doesn't include the 2007 and 2008 draft classes...

I'm not worried about cap space at this point. The Eagles had their "offseason" spending binge in August-October, when they locked up Dawkins, Patterson, Brown, Heremens, Jackson, Cole, and Andrews...

Eagles own the NFC East
03-02-2007, 10:41 AM
I hope Ken Hamlin, I doubt we sign any big FA's probably just some guys for depth. We don't have a whole lot of cap room and our needs can be solved in the draft.

bsaza2358
03-02-2007, 10:48 AM
The fact that we don't have a lot of cap room makes Hamilin's signing with the Eagles highly unlikely. He is the best safety on the market, and he will want to be paid as such. Can the Eagles give him an Ed Reed-esque contract? I think not. I also think that would be overpaying. If the team could sign him for a reasonable deal, I'd do it, but I don't foresee the market being reasonable in any sense.

eaglesalltheway
03-02-2007, 04:58 PM
The fact that we don't have a lot of cap room makes Hamilin's signing with the Eagles highly unlikely. He is the best safety on the market, and he will want to be paid as such. Can the Eagles give him an Ed Reed-esque contract? I think not. I also think that would be overpaying. If the team could sign him for a reasonable deal, I'd do it, but I don't foresee the market being reasonable in any sense.

I agree with you on this one.

jblaze66
03-02-2007, 05:23 PM
What are your thoughts on bringing Ed Hartwell in under a incentive-ridden contract?

mpt117
03-02-2007, 05:35 PM
i wouldnt mind bringing in hartwell at all and wouldnt mind looking at porter since hes only 29, id sign him to a 3-4 yr deal or looking at simmons to a 2-3 yr deal. i would love for them just to sign one of these LBs but wont happen

brat316
03-02-2007, 06:16 PM
I thought b dawks deal is up next year, he only signed a two year deal, this year or was it an extension

eaglesalltheway
03-02-2007, 08:55 PM
We've got his for at least two more years.

eaglesalltheway
03-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Just thought I would put it out there, the Bucs signed Jeff Garcia. I for one am very happy, I didn't want him to end up with the Raiders. He is too good of a player to suffer through that kind of situation.

Dillen
03-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Just thought I would put it out there, the Bucs signed Jeff Garcia. I for one am very happy, I didn't want him to end up with the Raiders. He is too good of a player to suffer through that kind of situation.
And Mike Lewis signed with SF. I posted this earlier but for some reason it got deleted. These boards really have some random posts dissapear.

eaglesalltheway
03-03-2007, 02:46 PM
I thought Lewis signed with the Niners...

Dillen
03-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah, he did. I was still thinking about your post and Garcia.

cunningham06
03-04-2007, 06:02 PM
If the Eagles don't start making some noise in FA I'm gonna lose it. I need a little more activity. Even if they are small signings I don't care, I just want something!

DragonMekha
03-04-2007, 06:18 PM
If the Eagles don't start making some noise in FA I'm gonna lose it. I need a little more activity. Even if they are small signings I don't care, I just want something!

I dont think there is gonna be alot of news from the Eagles this FA.Im guessing depending on whether they re-sign Stallworth or not,they may bring in Moulds or Horn for a veteran WR for a year or two and continue to develop our young guys.

jblaze66
03-05-2007, 12:37 AM
Any eagles fan that didn't forsee this is kidding themselves. Personally I am quite happy with the fact that they got Juqua Thomas and Quintin Mikell re-signed. The only other things they may do is bring in a RB and vet WR.

brat316
03-05-2007, 02:08 AM
nah we need to give our already rb's a shot that we have, unless we pick up a bruiser rb from FA i dont see many out there except for T.J.

YES vet WR i like Moulds so far no long line of injury
Also Patrick Crayton is there, but so far not much experince same as Brown
Bobby Engram is another choice

eaglesalltheway
03-05-2007, 06:19 AM
I don't see us going after another WR besides Donte in FA. Even though we may not believe in out young WRs, the Eagles FO does. We may go after a RB, but I am not sold on that idea yet. I heard Chris Brown was in meetings with Philly earlier this week, but I doubt he is a possibility, he would be too expensive. I personally wouldn't mind having T.J. Duckett on our team, but I beleive there are better options through the draft, even in the later rounds. The only thing the FO could go after would be a big, fun-stuffing DT to use in our rotation. If that would be so, that would all but announce to the world that we are trading Darwin Walker. I think we need a run-stuffer at DT to complete the D-line. It would help improve our defense, along with a SS and maybe a LB, most likely MLB.

cunningham06
03-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I think if we give Bunk a chance he can stuff the run effectively. He's extremely strong, and short so he can get good leverage, but to play it safe we may need to bring in a massive FA DT.

Bigp5437
03-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to know what you all thought of this. I know TE isn't really a need, but to me I'm still not fully sold on Schobel after last season even though he did step things up towards the end of the season. Daniel Graham is one possibility, he's closer to a complete tight end than what we have right now, even though LJ's a better reciever and has improved blocking wise. And Randy McMichael just got cut today, he's a better reciever than Schobel IMO. I know it's probably unlikely that the Eagles would go after either one, but it's slighty wishful thinking, in the hopefully unlikely case that LJ is let go after this upcoming season. But what do you all think?

jefepowhnzer
03-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to know what you all thought of this. I know TE isn't really a need, but to me I'm still not fully sold on Schobel after last season even though he did step things up towards the end of the season. Daniel Graham is one possibility, he's closer to a complete tight end than what we have right now, even though LJ's a better reciever and has improved blocking wise. And Randy McMichael just got cut today, he's a better reciever than Schobel IMO. I know it's probably unlikely that the Eagles would go after either one, but it's slighty wishful thinking, in the hopefully unlikely case that LJ is let go after this upcoming season. But what do you all think?

I think both Graham and McMichael would both be commanding a #1 TE's salary, so a no to both(not to mention McMichaels legal woes). Personally, I feel comfortable with LJ at TE and would rather draft a TE than spend the money in FA.

eaglesalltheway
03-06-2007, 06:34 AM
I think both Graham and McMichael would both be commanding a #1 TE's salary, so a no to both(not to mention McMichaels legal woes). Personally, I feel comfortable with LJ at TE and would rather draft a TE than spend the money in FA.

I agree with you on that one.

bsaza2358
03-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Very much agree. McMichael also can't seem to stop smacking his wife around. He has off the field issues, and he also has taken steps back in the past 2 seasons. He is not as dynamic a weapon as you'd think.

I like Graham a ton, but, as I said when it was rumored he'd signed with Denver, I don't see him wanting any sort of complementary role. He has the skills of a #1 TE. If I were him, I'd want to start and get paid as a starter. He won't get that in Philly.

eaglesalltheway
03-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I agree, Graham is most likely going to land in Denver. If not, I've heard Seattle has shown interest in him as well. I say it is very likely he ends up with either of those two teams. He would be too expensive anyway.

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2007, 05:51 PM
I heard from NFL Networtk from Adam Shefter that the Eagles are targeting Donnie Edwards, OLB from the Chargers. He said that the Cheifs may be looking at him, but would have to beat out the Eagles and some other team. What would you think if we were to sign him?

Bigp5437
03-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I'd love that move actually. I think Donnie still has a least a good season or two decent ones left in him, enough to merit us signing him for a year or two. And he could definitely be a mentor for our young players as well. I don't think he'd be too costly, if I remember correctly he wasn't too happy the last year or so in SD, so he's glad to be out of there.

brat316
03-08-2007, 06:39 PM
THat would be a good move as long as those 2 3 years arent to costly like Jamal Lewis 1 year 3.5 million He could replace Dahni Jones

cunningham06
03-08-2007, 08:12 PM
I would not like that signing. There are plenty of better players we could sign with our limited cap space. Donnie would have to switch systems entirely. He has been declining the past couple of seasons, which has been masked by how dominant the defense has been, but I think he would have a rough time on our strongside. He is too old, we should pursue Stallworth, Hamlin, or both.

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2007, 08:31 PM
I still think Donnie's got it in him. He is small at 230 lbs, but plays big and would be an improvement over the bowtie. I would much rather have Donte or Hamlin though.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Just heard on NFL Network that The Eagles are the front-runners in signing Corey Dillon. They haven't done so yet, and there are teams he is still visiting, but Adam Schefter said the Eagles were the front-runners.

cunningham06
03-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Hmmm, Corey Dillon is interesting, but unless we're signing him cheap I don't want him.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Thats exactly how I feel.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Donnie Edwards just signed with the Cheifs. I hate them, they took two of our LB targets. Now the only real LB we could get this year in free agency is Kawika Mitchell.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2007, 05:59 PM
On another note, weren't we supposed to find out what team Stallworth would sign with yesterday (Friday). I don't know if this is good or bad for the Eagles, but hopefully Donte is thinking long and hard about staying in Philly.

Bigp5437
03-11-2007, 09:56 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2794615

Well, it's official....damned Patriots. 6 years, little over $30 million, with almost $12 million guaranteed. It was good for the season it lasted Donte:(
So that means on to Curtis. Was watching the news last night(or was it Friday night, can't remember haha) and they had a brief interview with him, and he said that he was very impressed after meeting with Andy Reid and likes the organization. I think he's getting some things in place, but apparently both sides are hoping to get a deal done by Monday. Let's see how it pans out.

eaglesalltheway
03-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I think he will be offered a 1 or 2 year deal because in that time, Reggie Brown will hopefully solidify himself as a good #1 receiver in this league and by then, we will know more clearly in what we have with Baskett and Avant, who I think will be very good down the road.

cunningham06
03-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Too bad about Stallworth, Curtis will be good here. I will not be surprised if he is a strong competitor for the #2 spot.

eaglesalltheway
03-11-2007, 02:38 PM
He will most likely be our #2 if he signs with us. It would be nice though if Baskett could prove most of you doubters wrong and be the #2 this year, but that is why I think we will sign Curtis to a 1-2 year deal, so our young WRs can develop more until there are ready to be even better.

cunningham06
03-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Well we just signed Correll Buckhalter to a 2 year deal. I see the chances of us drafting a RB pretty low now.

bsaza2358
03-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Good news on the RB front. I liked what Buck was able to do for the Eagles last season. I think he will get a few more touches this coming season, but I'm excited to have him back.

eaglesalltheway
03-16-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm glad we got him back. He is a nice guy who has fallen on some misfortune. A two year deal is good, but I would have liked to explore the possibilities of Leonard or Ilaoa, or some other intriguing RBs in this year's draft. The only way I see us going after one now is if we trade or release Moats.

jblaze66
03-21-2007, 01:02 AM
What do you guys think of Reagor? I like the signing if we can trade darwin walker for something decent.

eaglesalltheway
03-21-2007, 06:23 AM
I think so as well. Reagor is very similar to Walker, and if we could get a fourth or a fifth from Walker I would be ecstatic. I'm pretty sure this signing will make it more possible that we trade or release at least one of our DTs. We may trade Rayburn as well. We may even trade both and get a bigger run-stuffer in the draft.

bsaza2358
03-21-2007, 09:02 AM
I would foresee the Eagles only trading known commodities if they can be assured of getting a better prospect in the draft. Like they would move up to get 'x' player to replace him. I'm not sure if the team necessarily needs to make any more acquisitions at this time.

camp_eagles
03-21-2007, 05:58 PM
I Don't think the eagles will make anymore moves until draft day unless something special comes along.

eaglesalltheway
03-21-2007, 06:10 PM
You don't think we will go after any Safeties? We just had Doss in for a visit. I still think the FO has something up their sleeve, we may go after a Safety, but I could see us staying put as well. We may wait until the draft to take care of the safety need.

cunningham06
03-21-2007, 08:36 PM
I think so as well. Reagor is very similar to Walker, and if we could get a fourth or a fifth from Walker I would be ecstatic. I'm pretty sure this signing will make it more possible that we trade or release at least one of our DTs. We may trade Rayburn as well. We may even trade both and get a bigger run-stuffer in the draft.

I like Rayburn and want to keep him. Run stuffers can be had late on day 2, and I really hope we take Louis Leonard.

eaglesalltheway
03-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Or Paul Soliai, he is a monster at DT.